Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Q&A Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KiiMyGoRAWR

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:52 am
rlly guys? :[ i was waiting for the banner D: crying  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:31 am
Ebony the Peacian
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Hello there, itallgoesupinsmoke. I apologize for the delay in a response.

You have to go to here to decorate your home. The quickest way to get to that location is to go to your inventory arranger, open the "House" inventory, and click "Design My Home." You simply drag + drop items from your main inventory to your "Home" inventory, and you can decorate your house any way you want! C:

I hope I helped you out. Good luck, and have fun decorating!

I have always had trouble with moving items back out of my house "inventory" once I've put them there. It seems to lock them in place so that you can never sell them or give them to someone else. I put one of my pets in a house once and now can't find him anywhere. Any advice you can give would be appreciated.  

Nimue_of_Avalon

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:17 pm
JayStar101
  1. I know this has probably been answered a thousand times, but I need the spasifics. My dream avi costs A LOT! What are the most effective ways to earn gold fast besides posting a billion times?
  2. And what is a guild mule?
  3. Also, how do you put vids in your profile? Or anywhere else for that matter?
  4. Again, also (sorry I keep posting so many times) what is the best way to run a marketplace shop?
  1. There is no universal answer for everyone; it depends on the amount of time you spend on Gaia on a daily/weekly basis, what your talents are, etc. The best advise I can give you is to visit this thread and see if any of the linked guides have anything to offer you, to take a look at this guide and see if you can learn to make money through vending, or to browse through the Gaia Aquarium Forum and see if any cool Booty Grab threads catch your attention. As for other methods of making gold (starting a shop/service, a quest thread, etc.), you might want to check out our Item Quests Subforum and set up a quest thread there, our Donations & Charities Subforum and visit some charities or participate in some contests, or visit this thread to see if setting up some sort of mini shop is what you would like to pursue. As you can see, the answer is different for everybody; the key is understanding your interests and limitations and earning gold based on those things.
  2. A mule, or a secondary account, is often made by Gaians who want a place to store items or information (such as important private messages). We use our guild mule to store guild funds that are donated by members like yourself. These funds are then used to sponsor events, charities, and giveaways.
  3. This should help you be able to put a video on your profile. The post was made by a moderator, and it is absolutely correct.
  4. I don't understand what you're asking, but I think I may know where you can clear up any confusion you may have with the Marketplace. Here is a great guide to helping you profit from using the Marketplace.

Good luck! User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:18 pm
KiiMyGoRAWR
hey i was wondering
i see our members having our banner
& i want it D:
link it to my page or pm me!
thanks heart whee
Here is where you can find all of our banners! Thank you for wanting to link us. ^__^  

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:24 pm
Nimue_of_Avalon
I have always had trouble with moving items back out of my house "inventory" once I've put them there. It seems to lock them in place so that you can never sell them or give them to someone else. I put one of my pets in a house once and now can't find him anywhere. Any advice you can give would be appreciated.
I'm very sorry, but I don't know and I can't find any sources or guides that might be able to help you. Please go to the Bug Reports & Technical Support Forum and see if they can help you recover your missing items.

I wish you the best of luck, and I'm sorry that that happened to you and that I can provide no clear answer.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:09 pm
Ebony the Peacian
JayStar101
  1. I know this has probably been answered a thousand times, but I need the spasifics. My dream avi costs A LOT! What are the most effective ways to earn gold fast besides posting a billion times?
  2. And what is a guild mule?
  3. Also, how do you put vids in your profile? Or anywhere else for that matter?
  4. Again, also (sorry I keep posting so many times) what is the best way to run a marketplace shop?
  1. There is no universal answer for everyone; it depends on the amount of time you spend on Gaia on a daily/weekly basis, what your talents are, etc. The best advise I can give you is to visit this thread and see if any of the linked guides have anything to offer you, to take a look at this guide and see if you can learn to make money through vending, or to browse through the Gaia Aquarium Forum and see if any cool Booty Grab threads catch your attention. As for other methods of making gold (starting a shop/service, a quest thread, etc.), you might want to check out our Item Quests Subforum and set up a quest thread there, our Donations & Charities Subforum and visit some charities or participate in some contests, or visit this thread to see if setting up some sort of mini shop is what you would like to pursue. As you can see, the answer is different for everybody; the key is understanding your interests and limitations and earning gold based on those things.
  2. A mule, or a secondary account, is often made by Gaians who want a place to store items or information (such as important private messages). We use our guild mule to store guild funds that are donated by members like yourself. These funds are then used to sponsor events, charities, and giveaways.
  3. This should help you be able to put a video on your profile. The post was made by a moderator, and it is absolutely correct.
  4. I don't understand what you're asking, but I think I may know where you can clear up any confusion you may have with the Marketplace. Here is a great guide to helping you profit from using the Marketplace.

Good luck! User Image

Think you so much for answering!  

JayStar101

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:49 pm
No problem! I'm so sorry for the delay. I hope that I answered with enough relevant information needed to assist you! ^__^  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:31 pm
Hello. I don't know if this is the right place for this. I don't remember seeing anything in the noob guides specifically regarding viruses. I'd like to report this somewhere, if only I knew what I was reporting. I'm not even sure if it's true.
I received a pm from some one I had traded with earlier in the day (I don't know this person) stating the following:

My friend told me to tell all of my friends this. If someone named j_neutron07 or umakesmefeelgood wants to add you as a friend, don't accept. It's a virus. Tell all of your friends because if someone on your list adds them, you will get it too. It's a hard drive killer and almost impossible to stop. Please pass this on to everyone on your list. We need to find out who it is using these accounts.Sorry for the inconvenience. Copy and paste this to everyone you know! We have to stop this!

I don't want to take any chances, but I don't want to be a part of some panic attack, either. I did send it to the few people I know, but I want to make sure I'm doing this right. So, who do I report it to? All of my report links are running me in circles (I'm autistic. That's easy to do).
Thank you.  

Geeky User Name

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:17 pm
Please visit this thread for a thought-out response to your question, o_O desi O_o. All I can tell you is that you can't receive viruses from adding people as friends on Gaia; it doesn't work that way. A message like that is considered spam because it is a chain-letter, and chain-letters are prohibited on Gaia. As one user put it:
Geminai Mistario
This is a CHAINLETTER that has been going around Gaia Online since I joined at LEAST back in 2006. I believe the chainletter started even BEFORE that. There is ABSOLUTELY NO TRUTH to this. Please, unless your friends link you to sources with stuff like this, STAFF sources, take it with a grain of salt.
If you don't believe me, you can PM a staff member for verification of this. Top right link at the top of every forum, the green "view forum moderators" one. Click that and PM one who is online. They will tell you that it's a chainletter.

If you hear of this again, report it in the future as Chainletters are NOT tolerated on the site, and you could actually run into some trouble for passing it on confused An account on a friendlist cannot harm another user's computer, nor their account. The only way another user can harm someone is if they send a link to a virus that you click without thinking first, or if you pass on account information to another user for them to log into your own account.
This topic was created and responded to about a week and a half ago, so the information is very recent.

Edit: Since sending chain-letters is a reportable offense, you may report any chain-letters you may receive in the future; this is a double-edged sword, so be sure to not send any chain-letters ever again, as you could be reported for it, as well.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:42 am
Hi,
Erh, where do i buy/get weapons? [like i see some avatars with swords] and those kind of 'special effects' [like example some stuff flyin round ur avatar but its not really 'flying']  

FeverBoy12

ancantsia

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:43 am
User Image
Depends on which items you would like. Try checking the marketplace as most swords/weapons are Monthly Collectibles.
Reality is for people with no imaginationUser Image

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:32 am
surprised thnx
I have another Q,
I've seen on youtube of someone findin a booty grab. And i saw that it is placed in the signatures. But when i go to booty grab topic forum, all of the gaias dont have it on their siggies. I think theres some kind of glitch or something coz i see signatures sayin 'Tap my aquarium below' but theres nothin.  

FeverBoy12

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:09 pm
Try the following, and if it doesn't work, please say so and we'll go from there. 3nodding

• Go to My Gaia --> "Account Settings" by hovering over the blue navigation bar.
  • Scroll down under Images --> "All Signatures."
  • Make sure that "Show aquarium" is checked. If it is not, then you may edit that. Remember to click "Save All Changes" so that your changes may take effect.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:37 am
Oo thnks..
Heres another Q,
How do we put those kind of pictures in our chat?[as in here] Pictures as in like ancatsia's post. There's some kind of pics there.  

FeverBoy12

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:46 pm
It's very simple, really! To put pictures in posts, you need to link to the picture. I recommend that you sign up for an account on Photobucket or to visit TinyPic in order to upload your photos onto the web. There will be a link beneath each uploaded image that begins with [IMG] and ends with [/IMG]. You must copy and paste that code, and it will show up in your posts.

Of course, this is the most basic way of putting pictures in your posts; alignment is something else that can be played with once you become comfortable with the easier stuff. wink

☆ Word Games

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games