Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:55 am
Roana and Green Ulendoth

Ulendoth was sharp, she didn't miss Roana's glance up into the stands. Quickly distracted from her path to the feeding grounds she followed his riders' gaze.
Who's that? Can we go see? Can we go up there?! Up in the stands looked a good place to explore, so many people to zoom around and trip up.
Ro laughed and shook her head. No, sorry, maybe later. When it was empty and the stands had been cleared out.

Ulendoth pouted, she had been having it all her own way up till that point. But I want to seeeee. You like someone up there a lot.

After. We'll see them at the feast.

Feast? Oooo, but why can't we see them now too?

I thought you were Hungry. Lets....

Ro was cut off by a sudden scream from the sands. She had been so wrapped up in her beautiful new green that she had not realized the drama playing out behind her,she made a note of some shardding dim glow was running towards a distressed green, then it all kicked off. Blood, the two green's cut blood swaths through boys and girls alike, then the calm bronze snapped in an instant and tore down a young boy, shake shake, a sickening snap and then stillness. Ro's heart constricted, that was something she had hoped she would never have to see again. A death on the sands of a hatching.

Suddenly though Ulendoth was at her side, nuzzling her hand and reassuring her. Ro took a breath. The thought crossed her mind to go back to her friends. Make sure they were safe. But no. Ulendoth was her main priority now she needed to get her safe. Thankfully Ulendoth also wanted nothing more than to get her dear new rider away from nashing teeth and slashing claws, which is why she didn't fight her when she picked up her feet and hurried the rest of the way off the sands.

Ro was used to seeing things happen at sea but in this situation as at the spooky hatching she was unable to help in any meaningful way which left her shaken. Colour partially drained from her face when the image of the bronze sitting atop the dead boy flashed back into her head.

Mine, it's okay. I'm here. I won't let any cruel dragon hurt you, or command me. She would not be subservient to a dragon like that ever! Bronze or not. Hah. Not when she would be so much better in charge.
Roana grinned at the feisty little hatchling despite herself. I know. That's why you're my perfect match. Feeling a little more like herself and feeling her colour slowly returning she strode over to Marty and her new golden queen. Being around even someone passingly familiar added another layer of comfort after the carnage. "Sorry, you can't get rid of me just because you impress. " she told her with an over dramatic playful sigh and a grin that was somewhat forced. Before she ran her hands just over the available buckets, searching out the freshest looking chunks for the waiting green.

Meanwhile Ulendoth had sensed somewhat of a kindred spirit and bounced excitedly over to her cousin Zygmuth. Hi! You left before I hatched and could meet you. Want to play? She didn't seem to care that she had cut right between the green and the gold. Maybe she was just to overexcited to realize

demon_pachabel

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:04 am
Fianth
The gold was.... Unsure how to feel at the sight. The babies were feeling particularly aggressive, and her own eyes tinged yellow when a Candidate lost his life to their antics. Still, she stayed next to Krah and did not intervene. She couldn't get involved, even though she might wish to wrap all the hurt and wounded beneath her wings. Instead, she simply crooned, sending as much tender support as she could. She focused on those in pain, those hurting, and tried to help dampen the pain.

To the babies, she sent encouragement. Find Yours, little ones. Find your missing halves, your lifemates, your partners, darling ones. You shall be better for it.. What she did not say was the sooner they Impressed the sooner their picking on the Candidates would lessen. Her hearts broke for them...

Her eyes turned towards the girl who had all but begged for her to command her sisters son off. She wanted to speak, wanted to comfort ... But all she could do was send send the girl a wash of sorrow. She had not wished such a gruesome display. Hatchings were always life changing...and sometimes not for the better.

With the bronze having found his... The boy could perhaps now be removed. She cuddled against Krah, and tried to comfort babies and candidates alike, similarly to what she did during Threadfall.  

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:07 am
Kahbrohm

Not even a look. Not even a glance. It was all on the boy, of course, that he’d built up this scenario in his mind that he was going to clash in a force of wills against that dragon and it would be a crowning moment in his life. But beyond the touching, he had been but another of any boy in the worlds to that egg - not even a footnote in everything he was doing. To say Kahbrohm was a disappointed was an understatement. He was crushed by this display of his own idiocy.

He’d let that dragon rile him up into a fit of wants that caused him and Dehka to fight, meanwhile Dehka’s object of desire, in practice, was….that. For the first time, it felt, the young man took stock of the other dragons on the sands - several were bloodied and had set themselves aside to rest (for how long?) including the bronze that stood protectively over the candidates in spite of the danger, and the other that had stood up to both the one he’d been aching for and was making sure everybody knew it’s strong opinions.

The one that hadn’t even given him an answer.

Right then his father’s words hurt more than the bleeding wounds on his chest and arm. Maybe...neither of them were good listeners.

----

Fahn

As quickly as the pain had started, it felt like it all pulled back. Fahn was there, sprawled out in the sand for what felt like eternity, head drumming and her arms sliced up severely. She sat up to take in the scene - two bleeding greens, a bronze was staring down the murderous one which had...impressed? She looked at the boy it claimed as it’s own, wondering to herself what kind of person a beast like that would want.

But also well aware that a dragon could be two different beings on each side of impression. They’d all been told that, but…..that boy was dead in the sands, and that girl on the approach - Fahn’s chest tightened painfully.

No warning made it feel better.

It made it a little hard to be as excited for all the new movement, but Fahn drew herself up to her feet and with a deep breath, slapped her palms against her cheeks. She needed to perk up! The woe could wait! Well, it couldn’t, but she could make it wait for now! Actually she couldn’t.

This was hard.

-----

Juhvek

There were others who were in much worse states than Juhvek, who stumbled up to his feet, blood pouring all over his robes. He swayed a bit, frowning at the state of his arms and part of his chest, turning now to head towards the healers. If a dragon wanted him, he needed first the ability to stay on his feet - not to be light headed with a fuzzy brain. These newly wiggling eggs wouldn’t mind if he was a walk away if they wanted him...right?

----

Kinyegele

Even when all the pain seemed to stop, Kinye remained behind Fisher, hands still shaking and her eyes clenched shut. That girl was screaming - that boy, she’d known him? How well did she know her fellow candidates? Was because my family does it really a good enough reason to be here? It was an easier promise to make when it just meant working hard.

Not potentially dying. She felt like a fool and a coward and maybe, just maybe….

High Reaches didn’t need a girl like her on a dragon.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:19 am
The growl that came from Rizdax would have made Shar roll her eyes had she not been so focused on keeping them both on their feet and the others behind them. It seemed, for the time being, that those that were battling or killing had either run out of energy or had Impressed and that the danger had mostly passed. There were still plenty of eggs left to hatch, though, and some were rocking with vigor. Who knew what was going to come out of those?

The hand that grabbed her arm was strong despite Riz's current state, but she could feel the tremble in his fingers that indicated it wasn't going to last. His robes were staining red, his face was a bloody mess, and Shar knew he needed a healer. She also knew he was too stubborn to move unless he passed out and someone dragged him off themselves, so it was with an imploring thought that she turned back to the dragons and the eggs, sending out a plea to them.

There are many that are hurt, dragon and human alike. Please, hurry and search for yours so that those that need attention from the healers may seek it. Her own wounds would need attention as well, but the worst of the bleeding had come from her leg and her makeshift tourniquet was doing its job wonderfully. She would deal with it later, once the dragons that needed help got it and those that had survived the mauling had either found Theirs or were helped off the sands.

"I don't," she said in reply to Zamistia. "He's got to stay here until a healer comes and gets him." Or his dragon. Or both. "I think the majority of the danger has passed, though," she added, looking behind her at those gathered. "The quicker these dragons Impress, the better. You'll be helping him by focusing on them rather than him."

As hard as it was to mostly ignore the boy beside her, Shar knew she had to follow her own advice. She just hoped hers would wait a bit longer for Rizdax to Impress first, if his and hers were even here. She shifted her arm to grab Riz's in return, fingers fisting into the robes by his shoulder to help keep him on his feet.

A warm, soothing mental wave washed over her as she stood there, though, and for a moment the pain subsided. Shar blinked in surprise and looked around before glancing at Fianth, the golden queen's comforting touch helping more than Shar could say. She squeezed her hand against Riz's shoulder, hoping he was feeling the affects as well.

[Sorry for the double quote!]

Hattaki

Dea and #Teddy#

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:45 am
Siv

Siv watched the deulling greens finally Stop, the teen on her good foot and toes of the bitten one carefully. She didn't really dare go near any of the injured dragonets -- they might BITE! - but she did feel a bit bad they'd been hurt. Did any of them deserve it? No, no not really, not even the green that had chomped her during her rampage, but Siv didn't want any of them going BETWEEN.

A glance told her the killer dragonet had Impressed -- and he looked entirely unrepentant. Siv wasn't sure she agreed, but she did was glad for him, and the teen stretched a bit now she had balance on her fet, before looking. This was all just a mess, all because the little green Amortentia was so scared -- and Siv partly felt bad. Maybe she'd been too rough about her hatching, and for that, she was rather sorry for her part, and she sighed, glancing about as she watched the area, sighing.

Well, Avada Kadavra wasn't the only one mpressed it seemed. Colors of the Wind had moved, and Siv had also heard a candidate yelling? Sneering?At the runny candidate-- nope, weyrling it looked like now -- as the green had charged in to defend. Huh. That bow was really kind of patronizing though, and Siv managed to bite back the urge to think a few unkind thoughts about that -- but no changing how others felt, and she had to pay attention to dragonets anyhow. She needed to be more careful, and alert and watch.

Basides, the hatching wasn't over, not even close to it! Come on people let's go let's see this thing through! And let's NOT ******** it up ok maybe she ought to be a little more guarded thinking now. It WAS a nameday after all-- for the dragonets.

Amila and green Matoath

Amila cringed, but didn't buckle, Matoath's nostrils flaring, but all Amila would have was the same, protective and warm love she'd greeted her with. The nasty ugly-mouthed wretch gone, Matoath's eyes flickered, blue replacing red as she relaxed, wings fgolding to her sides as she gave a proud creel to Hers, and then turned focus onto Ielin. Oh, ah, he had been one to visit her before, and here he was, trying to protect Hers. If a dragonet could smile as humans did, Matoath would be lavishing him with a grateful one, instead the dragonet gently nosing at his injuries in gentle concern before resting her head under his hand gently. Yes, a meal would be nice, but she was also grateful -- an emotion reflected by Amila, who did smile, and hugged Ielin tightly -- but carefully.

"I will, but thank you -- I hope Yours is out here today, too." She wanted a good man like him to Impress, someone kind, someone warm and honest.

Matoath was more than happy to let her rider act, remaining close, letting the man know she was there -- she would protect Hers, and he was a good man for doing so until she could find Her.

"We'll see you at the feast, right?"

Hopefully? As if the idea was one Matoath shared, the dragonet looked up, hope in her multi-faceted, almond eyes as she cheeped. Yes! If Matoath had to seek him on!

My Amila, love, I know we will see him, bevcause he has been good and kind, but may we get something to eat? I think some of my family are there, and it would be much safer, Mine. Noi, Matoath wasn't quite relaxed yet-- the occasional flecking of yellow in her eyes, but Amila squeaked. Right! Her baby needed fed, and the girl sheepishly smiled to Ielin and Matoath both.

"Iuhm.. I'll see you...Aon."

Alright, my love, we can go, precious one. I am sorry. I just wanted to say my gratitude. Speak? Oh, now I'm tripping on my words...

Matoath made an amused chjeep, nosing Ielin's hand again before leading Amila for the feeding tables, measured pace both graceful, and swift, Amila squeaking as she moved to keep up with the hungry little beautiful perfect creature, and shyly, she sized up the meat. THIS was familiar, though not for dragons -- it was more like farmwork to her, only the cuts were for a baby dragon. Selecting a good portion with marbling and meat that looked appetizing, she began to cut it into smaller chunks far easier for Matoathyto eat, the dragonet wiggling in anticipation before accepting hr first piece with delight.

Prism Shine
Amila wanted to hug him goodbye. Matoath is also grateful, a good boy, much approive by baby green!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:21 am
Karou and bronze Cadereth — IMPRESSION

Lenix was here? Alone? How? How had a servant survived thread, and not—?

Suddenly, the heat he felt in his body had nothing to do with the blazing sand beneath his feet. In what world was it right that his brother, who’d been attached to this… this no one as if they’d slipped from the womb together, did not? The simpleton would hear from Karou the moment the last hatchling found their mate, unless he was bleeding out on the ground or the healers’ tables.

But Lenix was not looking at Karou. Could he be—?

The tall man turned to follow the servant’s gaze, daring to hope he would find a familiar face in the crowd. Instead he saw the killer bronze, still perched coolly upon his victim. Another bronze went flying at the killer, forcing him to take a few steps aside. Then, in pure spite of the raving smaller bronze, the killer yawned and padded toward the group of boys, making an exit as smooth and insolent as that of a feline. A part of Karou couldn’t help but relate to the infant’s obvious self-possession, even while being incensed by the senseless loss of a life. But everyone on those sands had been well-apprised of the risks. If they weren’t willing to accept them… then they had no right to be there.

The bronze stopped and lifted his head high, fixing Karou with a direct stare. The man went still, meeting the dragon’s gaze without fear as he awaited its next move. If it wanted his life… more than likely, he would not be able to escape. The other had tried… and failed. Thus he waited in patient silence for kismet to reveal his doom.

Karou. I grow tired of these fools. Come to your Cadereth, and let us get a better look at our Weyr. My favored siblings will join us once they have finished with their games.

The bronze's eyes flared bright red, then filled with whorls of every color. Karou felt Cadereth enter his mind as easily as stepping through a doorway, filling every dark place with his presence. In that moment, nothing mattered except the glory of the two mighty souls binding to one another.

As the man came to stand in front of his dragon, he did not kneel as some other candidates did upon Impressing. What need had he to give obeisance when they were equal? Cadereth rose onto his haunches with a paw resting on the man's thigh, and Karou bent to look him full in the face.

Each thought the other perfect.  

Teiha

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:30 am

Something shattered in Yunara's heart, watching Karou Impress. Here was this young man for whom she had given up everything. And surely, surely she meant nothing to him. He was safe. That was what mattered. Then why did her heart feel like it was breaking? Watching him with those sad grey eyes, she realized that she never really had meant anything, and probably never would. And. She was going to have to figure out how to go it completely alone. Yet... she was proud of him, wanted him to be happy. Maybe now he wouldn't have to keep searching. Maybe this was what Karou had been looking for all along.

Teiha

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:40 am
Willim
Now that the mayhem was quieting down somewhat -- at least the murderous dragonets had ceased carving a swath through the Candidates -- Willim briefly allowed his attention to return to Shanley, who was still pressed fearfully against him. Turning to face her, he wrapped his arms around her and held her tightly. "I think it's over," he soothed. "The trouble I mean. I think things are getting back to normal. Whatever normal is for a Hatching." He gently stroked her hair, then looked down at her with a smile. "You okay? You ready to think about baby dragons again?"

It was going to be hard for him to do that, truth be told; he'd likely never look at dragonets the same way again, despite being warned that this sort of thing was possible. But he knew that if there was any more trouble, he had the courage to stand up to the danger and protect his friend.

Thaliawen
for Shanley!

Jeri
As soon as Helane left to help take the wounded to the Healers, Jeri reached out to Fahn with one hand, still wiping tears from her face with the other. "Oh Faranth, what a horrible mess... that poor boy who died..." She started sobbing again, drawing Fahn into a hug. "And a-- all the wounded *sob* I hope they-- they're going to be *sob* be okay..."

The tall girl had never experienced anything like this in all the Hatchings she had stood for over the years. It was her nightmare come true; even though she knew full well that newly-hatched dragonets were capable of such things, it still had never occured to her that it could actually happen.

demon_pachabel
for Fahn!

Tokki
Once Tokki had settled into position again on the sands (in a better location, where he could see more of what was going on), he took a moment to assess what he'd experienced so far. A boy had been killed... several other Candidates were gravely wounded... yet Impressions went on. As they should, he decided. They all knew of the dangers, they had been told of the risks repeatedly. Didn't make the carnage any less horrifying, but it was a danger inherent in the job. Just like they would be putting their lives on the line during Threadfall.

Tilting his head, Tokki nodded to himself. He'd been in dangerous situations himself, as an apprentice Healer during the first Threadfall in a thousand years. What had happened here, while tragic, wasn't unexpected. And it could have been a LOT worse.

Craning his neck, he saw more eggs wiggling as the dragonets inside fought to get out. "You can do it, little babies," he murmured softly to himself. "You can do it."  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:45 am
Zeraiah

He was leaning quite heavily, weight almost entire6on his left leg, but Zeraiah was upright, and glad if it, he thought. The thought of hot, gritty sand and all the blood made his stomach do a slow roll over. It took a moment for him to swallow the urge to babe sick so he could answer, "I can feel it." Boy, could he feel it, like fire in his leg. Sure, he was a little tingly, too, like when you ran too fast and got out of breath and your fingers got numb, but mostly. He could feel his leg with every throb of his heart. "I can -- I can even wiggle my toes," he promised, though having done it to make sure, he wouldn't be doing it again. Ow!

"What about you? You're bleeding." He gestured at Zyanzi's arm, as if he might forgotten where it was. The other Candidate's injury reminded him to look at the rest of the chaos, at the bloodied robes and stains in the sand and at the boy who'd -- as he watched, the bronze finally moved, stepping off the body to find His own. It wasn't right. It wasn't fair! He killed a boy and went on to another like he was spoiled for choice and the ones he didnt want were ...nothing.

Zeraiah sucked in a sharp breath when tears pricked his eyes. No. Not doing that. Not now, not here. He rubbed his face chasing the urge away then forced his attention back to Zyanzi. Things had to get better now. The worst was over. Had to be. They were hurt, maybe, but they weren't...well. So things had to get better. The dragons had stopped fighting. There were still some prowling. There were still eggs rocking. It had to get better than this!

With a burst of determination, Zeraiah forced himself to smile. A little thin, a little crooked, but a smile all the same. "I just realized I forgot your name. Sorry about that, but I can fix it now. I'm Zeraiah."

Mewsings of an A gel
Zyanzi

----
Niobet and Aedeth

Stop it. Niobet scolded the dragon beside her, the gold entirely too happily focused on the chaos on the Sands. Niobet herself had clapped a hand over her own mouth to keep from ,a king any noise. What happened below would play out as it did. It had to. Knowing that didn't make it easier to watch. A Hatching where blood was shed was hard. A Hatching where a Candidate died was heartbreaking, but she wouldn't interfere.

I have done nothing, Mine, Aedeth all but purred, warm with delight. I am watching nothing more. Do you see how certain that little bronze is about his match? They will be a strong pair. We should watch them.

Niobet slanted a Look at her dragon and shook her head. Always planning, always gathering information. Aedeth never "simply" watched anything, and they both knew it. It was sometimes inappropriate, but it was firmly at the dragon's core, and Niobet couldn't help but smile, a little, even now. Of course. We'll watch. Quietly. Especially today.

Of course.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:57 am
R’til and Blue Xiezhith

What was he even doing here? Amiari had reached out, and he had no doubt because Xiezhith had said something to Cloveth, inviting him to sit with her at High Reaches’ hatching, and now he was there, trying to contain a whole slew of feelings - and a fussy toddler. On the perch he’d found above, the dark blue seemed to absolutely shine with joy, surrounded by all of these dragons - had he really been so starved? Guilt pulled at the man’s heart in droves.

Certainly, he worried for Nonami and - well, all of Amiari’s children who were on the sands, but the one he had worried for most…they had already left the sands. They were safe from this tidal wave of blood and harm and - He was selfish to look after them, but more than that, he shouldn’t have come at all.

Nonsense. Who else would wrangle that tot you hold while Amiari allows herself to feel properly after hers? Xiezhith asked, nestled high above with some fine looking greens. He was a specimen of a blue, after all, and being a mysterious stranger it was to no surprise he’d gotten a little attention for it. He was thriving in a way that he didn’t get to usually - because of his own selfishness.

R’til’s lips tightened as he kept the child he held from fumbling out of his arms for the fourth time. Perhaps things would settle down with that monstrous (it was actually a very impressive looking dragon) bronze leaving….and all of the pain wrought by it left behind. His chest tightened, but he didn’t linger on the image of the sobbing girl and the body of what he assumed was a loved one. He couldn’t.

Will you at least say hello after all of the children have left with theirs? Xiezhith inquired. R’til shook his head, even though the blue couldn’t see it. We’ll leave. I’ve seen all I’ve need to.

----

Alosha of Green Phaedrath

“Juv!”

Alosha would have actually lurched from her seat had Phaedrath not been mentally holding the woman down. While the green thrummed with her own worry - even over something as perfect in her eyes as a bronze - Alosha’s concern spilled like a broken container all across their bond at the sight of her brother. But as quickly as he went down, he was up again - and not looking too well.

But he was well enough to fumble towards the healers, and that at least settled the woman’s heart for now.

----

N’ori of Bronze Meigth

The first time his boys were standing, and both of them were already covered in blood. N’ori’s knuckles were white, as though he were using them to hold his composure in place. From his place, Meigth rumbled with his own concern, reaching out to brush his mind across both Dehka’s and Kahbrohm’s. Kahbrohm didn’t even swat him away this time, and disappointment, anger, and all sorts of other dark nasty thoughts swirled about in his head. Meigth nudged them away as best he could.

Be safe, both of you. N’ori sends his love.

And half of the circulation in his arms from holding them so taut. He’d known the risks, but watching like this when most of his heart was out there on the sands and knowing he could get it back in pieces? This was harder than N’ori had expected.

Tsunake

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Ryuthulhu

Golden Knight

15,750 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Mystical Adversary 25
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:24 am
K'der leaned forward, chewing at a knuckle until Ysengreth prodded him sharply to stop, just shy of gouging his own flesh until it bled.

It was a rough hatching, and he had his eyes -fixed- on those greens still wandering the sands, particularly on Septumsempra and Amor, scanning the crowd and trying to spot any sign of guilt in whoever had set her so close to self destruction. Then again, she was a green, and whoever had done it might well have been prepared to be smug about dismissing her and her cheerful pride to prefer some shiny tail.

Vicious, awful little tunnel snakes. He'd trade a couple fingers for a chance to be younger again, and have them in a dark corner in a dirty alley at the point of a knife, giving them a good, clean picture of where the illusion of superiority ended. Probably Weyrbrats, he decided, or some little lordlings who'se mummy and daddy told them they were far too important for anything but the most glorious, shiny hided dragon, as though it weren't amazing enough to have a dragon at all in the breadth and width of Pern.

Ysengreth purred, her voice like the slither of something colorful and poisonous over sun baked rocks, and the sound of ice cold streams tumbling over rounded stones. She was dangerous and refreshed his mind and soul constantly.

Even without looking he could almost feel the red flash over her vision, and had to jam his hands down to keep from biting his knuckle bloody after all.

He'd held his breath when that smug bronze had killed a boy, not, perhaps, a wise boy but had he been the partner to one of those greens...

He didn't know if their siblings would have thought of such things. At this age perhaps they might, he'd never asked Ysengreth about her siblings, he'd been caught up waiting to find out if she'd take a slap or snap at him, and then entirely caught up with the one being he knew he could love.

He decided, unable to sit quietly much longer. Not with so much going on. Besides he wanted her take on that little shy gold. Or her plans. Both could be a diversion.

Samuel Carlin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:52 am
Zelaya
Zelaya went to step back out of range as one of the greens came raging by, and was almost startled by Lucius' sudden imposition between them and the dragonet. "You didn't have to...!" Instant regret that the man had been hurt trying to protect them had them kneeling, gently but surely looking at where the wing claw had pierced the robe. "I'm fine," they reassured even as they squinted at what they could see of the wound. "...I don't know much of healing, but...you're alright?" If he needed help to get to a healer, they would provide it. The wound had been taken in defense of themself, after all.

He seemed more or less fine though, and past his form they were able to make out the bronze that'd laid the one candidate low impressing. A rush of relief swept them—the firm hand of a guiding rider would keep him in check, and the security of the bond ought to temper the hatchling's emotions and leave them all the safer for it. Surely the hatchling had been being bombarded with negative thoughts from all sides after his unfortunate reaction—it was lucky, they decided, that he'd not betweened.

Rising back to their feet, they took stock of what was left on the sands. Several greens, a blue, a brown, three bronzes. "It's...it's strange, I think, that they're not picking any quicker." They fought down a flicker of worry that some would wait too long, and risk themselves for it. "Perhaps now that things are settling, we can all calm down, and do as we were told and let them know that they're welcome...?" The last bit they said with slightly more volume and force than usual (meaning at a still just-below-speaking-volume voice) a sure sign of their frustration with their peers. The two greens that had fought the longest both looked in need of aid. Aid which could only come after they impressed.
BastetAmun
@Lucius

ShinosBee

Nerd

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:02 am
Fahn

Her instincts as an older sister took over in an instant as Fahn hugged Jeri close. Her own problems seemed to immediately melt away - or rather, they condensed somewhere to be taken care of later - as she stroked the crying girl's hair.

"Everything can only get better from here, there, there," she rubbed a hand over the tall girl's back sympathetically. This all was a mess, and from around Jeri's shoulder she peered off towards the injured baby dragons.

They needed to be looked at soon.

tatterpixie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:03 am
Lucius--High Reaches Candidate

Zelaya's words came to him and made his gaze break from the bronze standing atop the body to look down at them. "I'll be fine." He smiled down at them, trying to reassure them. "I've had worse scrapes from accidents when I use to help out on my aunt and uncle's farm." His attention was drawn back to the bronze when he heard the voice of a girl cry out. His eyes found her as she moved towards the bronze and his 'prize'...

Worry creased Lucius brow as he watched what happened, though he was glad that the bronze seemed unimpressed. There was a visible change of excitement and respect for the smaller bronze who had gone to the girls defense against his brother.

Once the bronze had impressed he let out a breath he hadn't truly been aware he had been holding, glancing back at Zelaya once more. "Whatever caused the bronze to do that, I'm glad he found his. I hope his rider can help mold him into what the weyr needs." Turning his gaze back to the others on the sands, they passed over the two greens that were hurt and he let out a soft sigh, agree with Zelaya.

"I hope they find theirs. Once they have theirs, they will never have to worry about being unwelcomed or unloved ever again." That was always the way he had heard of impressions and heard of riders speaking of their dragons. He still wanted to have that bond, to have that partner who was always there for you, that shared his goal of protecting others and just...saving people. He was determined to never let what happened to his aunt and uncle, happen to anyone else. If he had to stand on these sands over and over again until he no longer could, then he would do that. And, if he didn't impress then, well he would continue to do what he could, maybe he could join the ground forces? But that was going way further into the future then he needed to, there were still babies here who needed to find theirs. The hatching wasn't over.

ShinosBee
@Zelaya

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:19 am
orri

At length, he stirred. He was afraid that being taut was helping keep some of the wounds sealed, though that...didn't seem right, wait. Most of the scratches had been around his back and side, which were currently screeching at him for stretching them out as he stayed curled into a ball. But something was louder than the rest, closer to his head. Faranth, his neck? Orri shakily pulled an arm out from his body bundle and plastered it to the left side of his jaw. No. His neck. Bloodied but somehow fine. His ear--His ear was mostly gone, and so was a patch of his hair. Vaguely, he was also aware that his glasses weren't there either.

Dehka's cry moved him, though part of him was loathe to do anything at all. Orri had heard about dragonet attacks, though it had hardly prepared him for the actual pain of one. And he kept circling back to that simple, silly thought: his ear! Sectumsempra had just latched right on and tore through it like it was paper. No, no, focus. Dehka crawled to his side, as did Soui, and--he couldn't help it. Orri let out a small, strained laugh.

"She got my ear," he said, because it was funny, and it was okay, and it was just so random.

As Soui began basic remediation, he slowly uncurled, just enough to give her more to work with, one eye shut from the pain still. And the sand--Faranth, the blood and sand were terrible things to mix together, maybe worse than salt in any wound. Orri tried and failed to suppress a number of grunts, but he still had use of his hands, didn't he? So he put pressure on the back of his head and sat there and just tried to calm down.

"Either've you seen my glasses?" he asked, unable to see much at all beyond their familiar faces. They were far from him, slightly buried in the sand. They weren't broken, though the left arm had been pulled out of place and there was a speckle of blood and stickied sand on the lenses. "I-I'm already--Sorry, that was stupid've me, wasn't it?" His tone stayed light, somewhat shaky but casual. Probably because of the bloodloss. "But you're both okay, right?"

Healers came to them in a small drove, all but two peeling away to go tend to the others that had been injured. But Orri didn't want to be taken off the sands. Did that take him out of the sight of the dragonets? What if something else happened to his friends? (What if this meant he wouldn't Impress?) He put up a mild fight, but the healers were already assuring Dehka and Soui that they had this under control, that they needed to go back to the other candidates...

Hyglath! Shards, but Orri was glad the bronze was there. He couldn't begin to think what his dad thought about his behavior, so he didn't. Hyglath, I'm okay, please tell them I'm okay, I don't want to leave the sands this early, I can't leave--

Tsunake

houllow

Meepfur

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games