Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Why the big Deal? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Love?
  And Peace!!!
View Results

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:11 pm
Iconised Ghost
yes its always tricky deciding how much is the "disorder/s" and how much is just you. My grandmother is schizophrenic, and was only diagnosed when she was about 78, but we've always considered her to be "a bit mad".

I've come to think of the drugs as bandaids- cover the symptoms until the wound heals, if you see what i mean ^_^'' but thats just me, personally ive never taken them so I may be talking out of my a** here

OMG my maternal grandmother was completely manic-depressive schizophrenic and she was NEVER properly diagnosed! the lady was a psycho and her eyes were all dead and scary! crying

drugs are good for physical things, but i've never been overly fond of them for mental issues.

i mean, yes, there ARE cases where NOTHING will work except meds. chemical imbalances and all that other stuff.

but i think doctors and patients see drugs as a "get outta jail free" kinda card, ya know?

i especially hate drug treatment therapies involving children. scream its like "hey! here's a creature with a still forming brain! let's pour psychotropic drugs into it! xd "  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:18 pm
bluegrass cat
Iconised Ghost
yes its always tricky deciding how much is the "disorder/s" and how much is just you. My grandmother is schizophrenic, and was only diagnosed when she was about 78, but we've always considered her to be "a bit mad".

I've come to think of the drugs as bandaids- cover the symptoms until the wound heals, if you see what i mean ^_^'' but thats just me, personally ive never taken them so I may be talking out of my a** here

OMG my maternal grandmother was completely manic-depressive schizophrenic and she was NEVER properly diagnosed! the lady was a psycho and her eyes were all dead and scary! crying

drugs are good for physical things, but i've never been overly fond of them for mental issues.

i mean, yes, there ARE cases where NOTHING will work except meds. chemical imbalances and all that other stuff.

but i think doctors and patients see drugs as a "get outta jail free" kinda card, ya know?

i especially hate drug treatment therapies involving children. scream its like "hey! here's a creature with a still forming brain! let's pour psychotropic drugs into it! xd "

yes indeed that is bad. You have to be very careful with children. What makes me laugh (bitterly) is how people go on about serotonin levels. People gave schizophrenics drugs, then looked at them and said "whoa! they have elevated serotonin levels and holes in their brains! that must be the cause of schizophrenia!" But the drugs cause that stressed dumb asses! and there is no neurological evidence, according to neurologists, that serotonin is involved in schizophrenia, depression etc. One of them said (i forget source >.<) that "implicating serotonin is as useful as implicating blood, due its multifunctional nature". (para-quoting of course)

sometimes people need drugs. If you are so depressed you cant get out of bed, cant engage with people, cant even talk, then you need something to kick start you so you actually get something out of therapy. its when people arent weened off them that you get problems and dependency  

Iconised Ghost

MonsieurSponge

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:31 pm
My general opinion on this topic is that everyone is entitled to free love & their own opinions and you should probably let TSN form her own thoughts. If she wants to think that Homosexuals are sinners, then let her. I do not agree at all, but that is irrelevant. And also, did I hear somebody say that the Jewish God was a jerk? How dare you? I am offended. They are basically the same deity & both religions teach that God, Hashem, the Lord, whatever the hell you wanna call that dude up in the sky, is gracious and loving, will forgive and teach humans to be good. If Adonai is so forgiving, he will forgive me if i have an urge to be with a woman, the same way he would forgive me should i choose to have premarital sex.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:58 pm
i don't mind them. they are nice people. and they are still people. i don't care as long as no one in my imeadiate family... mom, dad, sister, is one... then that would bring out a lot of drama... i am currently undeciuded... of asexual...  

Wearyshadow

Ashon_Superior

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:39 pm
Ok bexause of so many reqeusts i'm giong to try and start another thread on the proper sub-forum. i'll post here when i do, with a link to it.
thanks to everyone for posting on this thread, i'm so proud of this tread of mine.
ok i'll get started on the new thread.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:59 pm
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=11389855
ok that's the url for the new thread, yeah it's not a link. Sorry i'm just that lazy. sweatdrop  

Ashon_Superior

Ashon_Superior

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:03 pm
Wait that is a link, lucky me!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:04 pm
stare

omg with the triple posting.

if you want to say something after you've already posted one reply, PLEASE USE THE EDIT BUTTON.

kthxbai.

heart

oh! look! an EDIT:

Quote:
My general opinion on this topic is that everyone is entitled to free love & their own opinions and you should probably let TSN form her own thoughts. If she wants to think that Homosexuals are sinners, then let her. I do not agree at all, but that is irrelevant.

yup, she can have her own opinion, but we can have opinions ABOUT her opinions, too. xd and we shall share them, oh yes we will! for this guild is about the free exchange of ideas ((and pr0n))! its about thinking globally! its about informing the ignorant masses!!!

domokun domokun domokun i just had three red bulls. xd yum!  

WastelandMama
Crew

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:57 am
EggaxSponge
And also, did I hear somebody say that the Jewish God was a jerk? How dare you?

i dont remember seeing that anywhere in here eek  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:14 pm
On the gay marriage or if someone is gay or what not, I say I don't care. It's their business. I say let 'em get married. In any case, on disorders, I say it is very touchy. They misdiagnose so damn much, it isn't funny. Once they tried to say I was Bi-Polar, and I told them that they was full of it. I was too angry all the time, not happy enough. *shrug* a lot of doctors nowadays, they aren't worth the degrees that they get.  

Haha6977

MonsieurSponge

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:24 pm
Hanku Royiaki
Also, Jewish God=jerk. Christian God=kind and forgiving.

Oh? I saw it!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:40 pm
Yeah I said it. How dare me? Well it's true. I know many Jews and I've said that to their face, "Wow, your God truly is a jerk." and they shrug it off, "Yeah, but such is our faith." I mean there's many references, Moses was ordered by God to bring his people to the promise land and then just before they got there, keep in mind I'm being a bit sarcastic with this, "Hey Moses! You're not getting in!" Then there's Abraham, the first man to have faith in one God, and as a test of his faith, "Hey Abraham! Bring your kids we'll barbeque 'em HA HA HA!" And finally the book of Job.....what more do I need to say? *shrugs* If that doesn't sound cruel to you, then by all means, get a doctor.  

Hanku Royiaki

tsukasa_the_quiet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:06 pm
Hanku Royiaki
Yeah I said it. How dare me? Well it's true. I know many Jews and I've said that to their face, "Wow, your God truly is a jerk." and they shrug it off, "Yeah, but such is our faith." I mean there's many references, Moses was ordered by God to bring his people to the promise land and then just before they got there, keep in mind I'm being a bit sarcastic with this, "Hey Moses! You're not getting in!" Then there's Abraham, the first man to have faith in one God, and as a test of his faith, "Hey Abraham! Bring your kids we'll barbeque 'em HA HA HA!" And finally the book of Job.....what more do I need to say? *shrugs* If that doesn't sound cruel to you, then by all means, get a doctor.
You sir, are stupid. The Christian god and the Jewish God are the exact same God. The only difference between the two religions is that Christianity added the new testament. The Old testament is the same thing as the Torah, so pick a side, either your god is a jerk, or your jod is kind and loving.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:22 pm
Then why is it that Yom Kippur is one of Judaism's most sacred events? Because that is where you confess ALL of your wrong doings and moral sins to the temple priest and if you don't confess to all of them and I mean ALL of them, you will be put in the Book of Death! See, the Judaism God shows no mercy if you screw up. Hence the explanation of God in the Old Testament. I know they are the same God, but they are portrayed differently, hence the difference in Judaism and Christianity. The difference is not JUST the testaments, it's their portrayal of God. Judaism believes that if you screw up, God will smite you for your wrongdoing(s), unless you confess them at Yom Kippur which means Day of Atonement. Where as Christianity believes that if you screw up, you can confess your sin(s) to a priest anytime and he'll forgive you and God loves you and always will love you. Stupid? Me? I think not. Smart a** and a realist? Oh hell yes. 3nodding  

Hanku Royiaki

tsukasa_the_quiet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:52 pm
Hanku Royiaki
Then why is it that Yom Kippur is one of Judaism's most sacred events? Because that is where you confess ALL of your wrong doings and moral sins to the temple priest and if you don't confess to all of them and I mean ALL of them, you will be put in the Book of Death! See, the Judaism God shows no mercy if you screw up. Hence the explanation of God in the Old Testament. I know they are the same God, but they are portrayed differently, hence the difference in Judaism and Christianity. The difference is not JUST the testaments, it's their portrayal of God. Judaism believes that if you screw up, God will smite you for your wrongdoing(s), unless you confess them at Yom Kippur which means Day of Atonement. Where as Christianity believes that if you screw up, you can confess your sin(s) to a priest anytime and he'll forgive you and God loves you and always will love you. Stupid? Me? I think not. Smart a** and a realist? Oh hell yes. 3nodding
And Yom Kippur doesn't sound like confession at all to you? If you never attend a confession wouldn't that be the exact same as not confessing your sins on Yom Kippur?  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff