Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Judgement Day, Qiyamah, The Apocalypse, Et Cetera Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Btw, Qiyamah is Arabic for Judgment Day
  For you peoples who can't speak Arabic
  And are ignorant of Islamic tradition
  Or for people who already knew this are are henceforth AWESOME.
View Results

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:24 pm
Deladem
Metalic_Noodles
EggaxSponge
Metalic_Noodles

Na, we got too many drugs. If someone feels sick they pump them selves with drugs, pain killers, cold stuff... We will more likely die of an over dose, or starvation from spending grosery money on meds than bio weapons. If it was something like zombie/mutating or another virus that transforms us into monsters, then we'd just shoot eachother to extinction.

Who thinks that that 'spy sattelite' was accually just an old, unused sattalite that was in perfect orbit and posed absolutly no danger even if it wasn't in perfect orbit? *hinthint*

~Metalic_Noodles

1) On my earlier point, I wasn't implying that myths were lies. I put in quotes like that for the BENEFIT of people who DO think it is a lie. I know the definition of myth.
2) We won't die of an overdose. You know what happens when you take too many antibiotics? The bacteria in your system become immune to them. So eventually, you've used up every weapon in your arsenal, no matter how many injections you've got handy. I agree with Bluegrass cat. We won't die of an overdose. We'll die of epidemic.

1. Sorry, it's a reaction, not something I think about at this point.
2. Overdose is more to my likeing. I'm someone who likes the idea of humanity ending itself.

~Metalic_Noodles

Humanity ending itself is a possibility, such as a particle accelerator accidentally generating a black hole and slowly engulfing the world, but in the meantime, there WILL be the person in a corner of a cave somewhere in the world keeping the world alive by having endless sex. 3nodding

who's to say that by that time women wont have learnt to clone themselves in all their glory and have no need for endless sex? rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:32 pm
That would make life convenient on SO many levels.  

MonsieurSponge

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:33 pm
EggaxSponge

oh yeah  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:28 pm

But you'd still have to deal with raiseing the kid. :/

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:38 pm
Iconised Ghost
EggaxSponge

oh yeah

yo, it can already happen. two eggs fusing and creating a new critter.

its called parthenogenesis and they've done it in mice and a few times in monkeys and a bunch of scientists are working really, really hard to perfect it in mammals.

((right now, it always seems to result in abnormalities...poop.))  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:55 am
bluegrass cat
Iconised Ghost
EggaxSponge

oh yeah

its called parthenogenesis and they've done it in mice and a few times in monkeys and a bunch of scientists are working really, really hard to perfect it in mammals.

Aren't monkies mamals?

Oh, and I saw a news thing on cloned animals for food. I was all 'WTF???" the whole time. I just didn't get it. I know that it costs a ton to clone, so I couldn't understand what the point of cloning for food was.

Then, at the end, I finally figured out that they ment the two animals making the meat babies. xp But unless cows have 50 good years of breeding, I'm not sure you'd make any profit, or that any idoit that cna't taste the difference between rotted meat, frozen meat, and 'fresh' meat would notice the difference in cloned vs inbreeding.

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:33 am
Metalic_Noodles
bluegrass cat
Iconised Ghost
EggaxSponge

oh yeah

Aren't monkies mamals?

Oh, and I saw a news thing on cloned animals for food. I was all 'WTF???" the whole time. I just didn't get it. I know that it costs a ton to clone, so I couldn't understand what the point of cloning for food was.

Then, at the end, I finally figured out that they ment the two animals making the meat babies. xp But unless cows have 50 good years of breeding, I'm not sure you'd make any profit, or that any idoit that cna't taste the difference between rotted meat, frozen meat, and 'fresh' meat would notice the difference in cloned vs inbreeding.

~Metalic_Noodles

uh, yes, monkeys are mammals.

if you will re-read, you will notice that i said they are working hard to PERFECT the procedure in mammals because as of right now, they can make it happen but there are unpleasant abnormalities. 3nodding  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff