Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
how come pluto isn't a planet anymore? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

it's a POLE! Run!!!!
  ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Results

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:58 pm
bluegrass cat
TheBlueWarrior
Well, heres the story.
The people of planet Pluto had displeased the Bluegrass cat, so in order to please his goddess, the great Angel Half had call me to service once again. With our two powers combined we summoned the all powerful Chuck Norris. Chuck Norris then round house kicked the scientists in charge of planets till they agreed to remove pluto from the list of real planets.

rofl rofl rofl

i think i heart you! xd

xd
Just call me the King of random.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:36 pm
bluegrass cat
Iconised Ghost
Metalic_Noodles

The easy answer is that it would a a double standard and as of yet there is no proof that plants are alive.

But, almost everything has a double standard, or more. I think for our generations, it's 7 planets, pluto being one of them, and for the younger generation, it's whatever the hell we* descided to tell them.

(*I was going to put 'they', but then I realized that we are the generations teaching the current elementary schoolers.)

~Metalic_Noodles

Proof that plants are alive? Im almost 100% sure that plants are alive (unless I am wrong, isnt that what MRS C GREN refers to? Anything that reproduces, excretes, has nutritional needs, grows, etc is alive?). Did u mean planets?

What generation are you refering to? I'm not deciding anything that will affect the generation below me yet mrgreen

For Bluegrass cat's question: i dont think pluto should be grandfathered in as a planet since it was named one before the valid definition was created. We dont go around saying the earth is flat, or that the solar system circles the earth for the sake of tradition do we? Science moves on, so should we 3nodding

as yes, this is exactly what i think, too! science marches ever onward!

i do wish we could include the dwarf planets in the list of planets we learn as children, though...we'd have to come up with an awesome saying to remember them all ((like "my very excellent mother just served us nine pies" only with a few more words)). 3nodding

well theres no reason really why kids couldnt learn about dwarf planets, its just a matter of squeezing it into the curriculum xd  

Iconised Ghost

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:02 pm
Iconised Ghost
Metalic_Noodles

The easy answer is that it would a a double standard and as of yet there is no proof that plants are alive.

But, almost everything has a double standard, or more. I think for our generations, it's 7 planets, pluto being one of them, and for the younger generation, it's whatever the hell we* descided to tell them.

(*I was going to put 'they', but then I realized that we are the generations teaching the current elementary schoolers.)

~Metalic_Noodles

Proof that plants are alive? Im almost 100% sure that plants are alive (unless I am wrong, isnt that what MRS C GREN refers to? Anything that reproduces, excretes, has nutritional needs, grows, etc is alive?). Did u mean planets?

What generation are you refering to? I'm not deciding anything that will affect the generation below me yet mrgreen

For Bluegrass cat's question: i dont think pluto should be grandfathered in as a planet since it was named one before the valid definition was created. We dont go around saying the earth is flat, or that the solar system circles the earth for the sake of tradition do we? Science moves on, so should we 3nodding

I ment planets. You knew that. stare

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:05 pm
Metalic_Noodles
Iconised Ghost
Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

No i didnt. I never assume anyone means anything but what they put. How else can i function? xd im not psychic  

Iconised Ghost

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:14 pm
Iconised Ghost
Metalic_Noodles
Iconised Ghost
Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

No i didnt. I never assume anyone means anything but what they put. How else can i function? xd im not psychic

Your an expert in mind taking

OooOooooooo  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:16 pm
angel_half82
Iconised Ghost
Metalic_Noodles
Iconised Ghost
Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

OooOooooooo

oooo i'll keep them all in jars on my mantle piece mrgreen  

Iconised Ghost

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:27 pm
Iconised Ghost
angel_half82
Iconised Ghost
Metalic_Noodles
Iconised Ghost
Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

OooOooooooo

I already knew you would say that! I am also a MIND TAKER!!

OoooOOOooo  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:34 pm
angel_half82
Iconised Ghost
angel_half82
Iconised Ghost
Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

OooOooooooo

I already knew you would say that! I am also a MIND TAKER!!

OoooOOOooo

oooo well since u knew i was going to say that, you knew i was going to say that too. And that. And that. And that. oooooooooo!!

And that xd  

Iconised Ghost

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:25 am
This thread is now about mind taking.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:06 am
you are very observant 3nodding  

Iconised Ghost

General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items