Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Problems (Females, please help) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

beef stew
  mmm *drool*
  there can be no other response! XO
View Results

YukaSilkenFur

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:25 pm
Iconised Ghost
YukaSilkenFur
Iconised Ghost
YukaSilkenFur
Iconised Ghost
Same here. Did you know dentists have one of the highest rates of suicide as a profession? Them and vets apparently
I dunno about dentists...but I wanted to be a vet...then I realized I'd probably have to commit suicide if I somehow caused the death of an animal I was trying to save. ^^; And the gas chamber...would kill me. No pun intended.

the gas chamber?
Where they put the pets down, at least in the places I've seen. I think some just stick a needle in them and use some drug now.

Yeah over here they just inject them. The only situation i've heard of using gas is for snakes, and that wasnt here...possible in the US or Australia
Ah, well as far as I know, in the US gas is still the major. Probably cheaper. ~.~; We seem to like to do horrific things in the name of saving cash...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:27 pm
YukaSilkenFur
Iconised Ghost
YukaSilkenFur
Iconised Ghost
YukaSilkenFur
Iconised Ghost
Same here. Did you know dentists have one of the highest rates of suicide as a profession? Them and vets apparently
I dunno about dentists...but I wanted to be a vet...then I realized I'd probably have to commit suicide if I somehow caused the death of an animal I was trying to save. ^^; And the gas chamber...would kill me. No pun intended.

the gas chamber?
Where they put the pets down, at least in the places I've seen. I think some just stick a needle in them and use some drug now.

Yeah over here they just inject them. The only situation i've heard of using gas is for snakes, and that wasnt here...possible in the US or Australia
Ah, well as far as I know, in the US gas is still the major. Probably cheaper. ~.~; We seem to like to do horrific things in the name of saving cash...

but what if you had a huge dog or something? Wouldnt u need a huge gas chamber?  

Iconised Ghost

YukaSilkenFur

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:29 pm
Iconised Ghost
YukaSilkenFur
Iconised Ghost
YukaSilkenFur
Iconised Ghost

the gas chamber?

but what if you had a huge dog or something? Wouldnt u need a huge gas chamber?
The one I saw WAS huge, it was practically like a concentration camp one...and that little terrier was just lying there on the floor...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:37 pm
that sounds more traumatic than just injecting them sad  

Iconised Ghost

YukaSilkenFur

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:41 pm
Iconised Ghost
yeah, from what I hear, they start whimpering and clawing at the walls and frantically trying to escape...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:46 pm
YukaSilkenFur
Iconised Ghost
yeah, from what I hear, they start whimpering and clawing at the walls and frantically trying to escape...

gonk traumatic for both animal and vet  

Iconised Ghost

YukaSilkenFur

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:36 am
Iconised Ghost
YukaSilkenFur
Iconised Ghost

yes, very much so >.< So it's no wonder suicide rate is high. Especially when you have idiots buying exotic pets and then when they get sick of them bringing them to the vet and telling the vet to put them down. >.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:48 pm
YukaSilkenFur
Iconised Ghost
YukaSilkenFur
Iconised Ghost

yes, very much so >.< So it's no wonder suicide rate is high. Especially when you have idiots buying exotic pets and then when they get sick of them bringing them to the vet and telling the vet to put them down. >.

yeah that is really sad. And vets probably see a lot of abused animals, which would really depress me  

Iconised Ghost

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:27 pm
confused

um, yeah.

so, the standard practice for all animals that have to be euthanized in america is by lethal injection.

they DO have a small "gas chamber" which is mainly used to knock out smaller animals prior to surgery or prior to procedures which upset the animal.

they only organizations who do "gas chambers" for animals are people who work in bulk like laboratories and OCCASIONALLY the humane society will have to use them.

however, the type of gas they use is odorless and the animals fall asleep prior to asphyxiation. heart

it all sucks though. angel and i had to have our baby-girl kitty, twist, put down a little over a year ago. i was there when they injected the stuff into her little leg and i couldn't even do anything but sob. crying i felt so bad, too, cause the vet tech lady was like "hearing is the last thing to go, so you should say goodbye to her..." and i REALLY TRIED, but i couldn't.

i'm ******** tearing up NOW thinking about it. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:38 pm
thats so sad bgc! My cat died about 2 years ago from a lung infection and i was lucky not to have to watch her go, they were just putting her under to drain her lungs and she slipped away. I dont think i could have watched, let alone talked to her  

Iconised Ghost

YukaSilkenFur

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:23 pm
Aw, that's so sad, you guys. sad Thankfully, I haven't had to lose a pet, yet...though my dogs did kind of devour my sister's cat....x.x;; I don't know what I'd do if I lost my baby... sad  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:25 pm
gonk your dogs ate you sister's cat?? Im not going to say what i would have done to those dogs if they had eaten my cat xp  

Iconised Ghost

YukaSilkenFur

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:33 pm
Iconised Ghost
gonk your dogs ate you sister's cat?? Im not going to say what i would have done to those dogs if they had eaten my cat xp
Well...I'm a dog person...>> So I had a big pack of dogs...and the cat was stupid enough to not listen to us and go out there...so they kind of decimated it...and my sister found it...So I got her a new kitty. sweatdrop I felt kinda bad...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:50 pm
YukaSilkenFur
Iconised Ghost
Well...I'm a dog person...>> So I had a big pack of dogs...and the cat was stupid enough to not listen to us and go out there...so they kind of decimated it...and my sister found it...So I got her a new kitty. sweatdrop I felt kinda bad...

im just going to mumble quietly about how dogs should be trained...  

Iconised Ghost

YukaSilkenFur

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:42 pm
Iconised Ghost
YukaSilkenFur
Iconised Ghost

im just going to mumble quietly about how dogs should be trained...
Well, the majority of them weren't technically not mine to do anything with. The area of southern WV I lived in had a common problem of people getting dogs and letting them run loose cus they're too lazy to take care of them. So, having an affinity with dogs, I ended up having about 8 dogs on our road constantly following me and camping outside my house. The one that really was mine doesn't hurt anything. As a matter of fact, she loves cats and gets really depressed when they hiss at her and run off. XD  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff