Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
The Olympics [Official Discussion Thread] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you going to watch it?
  Yes
  No
View Results

MonsieurSponge

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:22 am
sweatdrop I need to start watching stuff other than fencing.

I DID WATCH MICHAEL PHELPS.

xd Does that count?

I also watched the U.S. women's basketball team kick some Czech Republic a**.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:05 pm
Michael Phelps is like uber cool cool  

Iconised Ghost

churrlo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:27 pm
Any events today D: If so I missed them >_<

As for the swimming thing, taking in the water and what not, here's an explanation:

Quote:
Because swimming is very exhausting and you need a lot of fluids. the water in the mouth prevents 'dry mouth' during the event because you have to take deep fast breaths and exhale through the nose very slowly so lifting your head and causing resistance is kept to a minimum.

Also, if they swallow some they can get a cramp.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:34 pm
Iconised Ghost

haha black fire ninja, haha -__-

Quote:

Actually after searching some dictionaris, i couldent find its meaning burning_eyes !
Sorry for getting ya mad I.G!

X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:38 pm
X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X
Iconised Ghost

Actually after searching some dictionaris, i couldent find its meaning burning_eyes !

dont worry i wasnt mad ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:53 am
Iconised Ghost
X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X
Iconised Ghost

dont worry i wasnt mad ^_^

Thank goodness whee  

X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X

SakuChwan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:17 am
I've been kicking a** in WoW.. now whats this Opinlycs thing?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:26 am
LOL Saku xd  

churrlo

jetstream Lt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:37 am
is paintball ever going to be in the olympics?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:42 am
Personally, I think things like Horse Riding (whatever it's called), Shooting and Archery should not be in the Olympics. I'm not saying these things don't take skill, but they're not really a test of your own strength, and don't fit in with the rest of the sports in the Summer Olympics.  

Artanus

Lyss The One In The Back
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:30 am
Ping Pong doesn't test strength now, does it?

Shooting takes strength, concentration, patience, and focus. It stays, or Lyss will beat the living tar out of peeps.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:22 pm
Artanus
Personally, I think things like Horse Riding (whatever it's called), Shooting and Archery should not be in the Olympics. I'm not saying these things don't take skill, but they're not really a test of your own strength, and don't fit in with the rest of the sports in the Summer Olympics.

Archery is a great test of strength. Have you ever TRIED archery? You have to have developed arm muscles for that, and a good aim. 3nodding  

MonsieurSponge

RaidenKazama

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:19 pm
EggaxSponge
Artanus

Archery is a great test of strength. Have you ever TRIED archery? You have to have developed arm muscles for that, and a good aim. 3nodding

Eggaboob is right archery does require some muscles!

I got to say though the Olympics isn't about just testing your physical abilities; but much more so they should be there!

Also I know you said summer olympics, but still, half of the winter olympic events don't require much strength.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:28 pm
Archery is fun xd I sorta liked gymnastics >.< They had lotsa hot guyz xd  

churrlo

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:52 am
ZOMG did you guys see the weight lifter?!? He hyper-extended his elbow! It was pretty bad, and they showed it from 3 different angles gonk if you want to watch it, its here: http://tvnz.co.nz/content/2001183 Be warned, it is pretty explicit. Naaaasty  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff