Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Teepees
[IC] =Foalen's Teepee= Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:43 pm
Title: Meandering thoughts
The wind was soft and gentle as it teased the painted mare's short multicolored mane blowing the soft strands back and forth across her withers. The sun was warm on Ayita's skin dispite the fact that there was still a bite to the chill air.

Even leaveless the trees of the forest were magestic, that is they were until she reached the part of the wood that had been ravaged by fire. But this pace blakened as it was did not depress her the way it did some of the other soquili who lived in the forest. For all around her she could see signs of new life. Tender shoots of grass peaking up here and there through the rubble. It would take time, but life would renew itself in it's endless circle.

Ayita took her time as she walked thinking of all the new life that had been arriving in the village herd reciently. The whole notion of pregnacy and birth had taken her buy surprise at first. But Foalen had not seemed supprised and even spoke in that calm and gentle voice of his soothing her as she happened upon the arrival of one of the new borns.

The process of birth wasn't easy, but by the joy on the mare's face when it was all over it seemed she hadn't mined the work. Ayita smiled to herself, some things were woth extra effort. Thinking about the colorful baskets the Princess had brought for the new foals she wondered the princess would ever be bringing them beautiful baskets for her and Taima's foals.

"Would Taima even be interested in having a foal with me?" Ayita wondered to herself. She wasn't sure he was ready yet. But perhaps in time he would be. In fact maybe having so many young colts and fillys running about would be good practice for furture parenting." Pleased with this thought she turned in a wide circle heading back through the burnt forest to the teepee home she shared with her shaman friend.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:15 pm
The aftermath of flame valley
((This is set just after the RP of the fire in the valley))

Wisps of burning grass and debris still filtered up into a sky turned grey with smoke as Ayita walked through the devestated valley. She stepped carefully over the smoldering earth as she followed the young shaman she shared her home with. Every instinct she had told her to leave this place, but if this is where Foalen needed to be then here she would stay as well.

She did not understand the words he spoke as he tended the wounded animals he found who had not been lucky enough to escape the flames. But she recognized his prayers for what they were as he stood quietly over those who had lost their lives or the ones who would shortly leave this world. The gentle cadence of his voice as he sang blessing for those fleeting spirits healed something deep inside of her dispite the fact that she didn't know the meaning of the words.

In respect she controlled the urge to shy as the scent of scorched meat came to her on the wind. The same wind that now carried the spirits of all those who had been taken by the fire.

It took a long time to go through the valley and there were many more prayers sung before they had finished their self appointed task. The painted mare was exausted when the finally reached the edge of the damaged zone, but she bore herself up for her friend's sake.

Foalen leaned heavily upon her shoulder running an absent hand darkened with char and blood through Ayita's mane. They were battered and both ready to fall where they stood but they were together and neither one needed to say a word. They simply enjoyed the presence and comfort of the other as they made their way back through the blackened valley.

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:48 am
Title: A journy towards understanding

Ayita stood on the crest of a hill looking down upon the village below as the wind tickled her face. The scent of new growing things was in the air and mingled with the deeper earthy scent of the muddy ground that ha been left behind as the snows began to melt.

All in all it was a lovely day quiet and peaceful with all the two leggers moving around their village going about their every day buisness. Ayita loved to move but sometimes you learned more by just standing and watching. That is something she had leanred from her shaman friend. She admired the stillness that he possesed.

For being a two legger Foalen was very wise. She didn't understand the things he said, but it was obvious to her that he was always seeking to learn and reach for the truth and then to show others what he had seen.

She tried to do the same in her own way though she found herself learning more that she was probably teaching to others. As she considered the thought she wondered if Foalen felt this way, that there always seemed so much to learn and understand. How could you help those around you if you were still learning yourself.

Rikka crossed Ayita's mind. The lovely snow bird soquili who had shown her that everyone had their own special place and abilities no mater who or what they were. The painted mare smilied softly the sudden realization coming to her that teaching and learning was something you did together with others. There was only so much you could learn and achive by yourself. To be able to grow you had to reach out to others and accept what they in turn offered to you. As she had learned from her snowy friend.

Perhaps that was why her shaman for all his knowlage and ablities seemed still so much a student. He knew that while truth did not change that it was impossible to completely comprehend it and that the journy towards understanding was never complete.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:15 am
Title: A new friend
Starts Page 2408

Quote:
Ayita wanders over to her friend Wambli and wickers a greeting.

Harperking

*The black and gold mare careflly lips the carrot out of dustfeather's hand and munches on it, looking around curiously at the brightly colored blue mare nearby*
*Wambli, just now seeing Ayita, walks over to her to greet her as well*

Quote:
Aytia leans into Foalen's strong hands as the shaman comes over with a striff brush and starts working it through her shaggy winter coat. The brushing feels wonderful reaching itchy spots she hadn't even known were itchy until her human friend began the grooming.

Seeing Wambli walk over, the smiling shaman pauses in the grooming long enough to lift a hand in greeting.

Ayita shifts her weight so she isn't leaning so hard against her human friend to better greet the beautiful winged black and yellow mare. "How are you Wambli, has anything new happened since we met last?"

Harperking

Wambli's eyes lit up at the question. She flicked her ears forward and her whole demeanor lightened.
"Ayita! There is so much to tell you! First, I met another winged soquili - and she taught me to fly!"

Quote:
"Oh that's wonderful!" Ayita prances a little forgetting for a moment that Foalen was still trying to work the brush through her thick coat. Blushing slightly she slowed so that the gently smiling shaman didn't have to chase her about to try and continue his brushing. "I'm so happy for you Wambli. I knew you'd fly eventually, but I'm glad you made a friend in the process. And it's another wind soquili at that, I know there aren't very many wind soquili arround so it's nice that you managed to meet up with another one. It must be wonderful flying through the skies together. I must confess sometimes I wish I could join you up there."

Harperking

"Flying is wonderful, but I have a lot to learn about it. and Rikka wasn't the only one I met. There is a stallion, too, his name is Jewel and he wants to meet everyone here" Wambli was dancing in her excitement. She turned to look back at the forest path she had come from to wait see her companion would appear.

Quote:
The younger mare was so excited Ayita wondered who this stallion was that she had mentioned. Curious she followed Wambli's look. "Jewel? That is an unuseual name, but very beautiful just the same. I wonder what your new friend is like?"

Harperking

"He's different from anyone I've seen before! He's got an antler, he called it a horn, in the middle of his forehead and his tail isn't like ours at all, but kind of like Igma the panther's with a tuft of hair on it." she turned again to look at the forest, a little concerned that he wasn't right behind her. They had walked together to the edge of the forest and she had thought he was right behind her.

Quote:
"An antler and funny tail," Ayita mused to herself. "That sounds a bit like a young mare I've met before, her name is Neferti, she has the markings of a wild cat. I don't think there are many of their kind around the valley. In fact I think they are rarer even than wind soquili. Your friend sounds impressive. I can't wait to meet him. He sounds interesting." Her voice grew warm as she spoke for she had noticed her friend's ebulence over this new stallion she had met. "You seem to like him very much."

Harperking

Ducking her head a little, Wambli nodded an agreement. "I do, Ayita. There is just something about him that speaks to me. I just hope he likes me, too! I thought he was right behind me on the path, maybe he decided not to visit just yet. He did say he had never met any humans before!"
Realizing that she had been ignoring the shaman up to that point, Wambli stepped over to him and whuffled his hair with her muzzle in greeting.

Quote:
"I wouldn't worry too much he probably suddenly remembered that there was something he needed to do, or maybe he is a little shy of the two leggers as you say, especialy if he has never met any before. I know there are some soquili never come near the village. I'm sure I'll meet him when he's ready." Ayita replied in a reasuring tone.

Foalen laughed at the wuffle and reached out a hand to give the winged soquili a scratch behind the ear on the top of her head where it would be difficult for her to reach normally. "It's good to see you too wind lady. You look to be happy and well."

Harperking

"I think the mare that taught me to fly didn't have a twolegger to take care of either actually," Wambli said as she lowered her head and leaned into the scratching. The shaman had a gift for knowing just where the good spots were! "I wish I could take you to fly with me! It's amazing!"

Anpo approached the trio from the village, her shortbow over one shoulder.
"Hau, Foalen!" she said as she approached. "I see my windsib has found someone to indulge her!"

Quote:
"I would love to join you in the air, though there's nothing that says I can't follow you on the groud you don't mind me joining you sometime when you go out for a flight. I don't get much hight but I can still fly after a fashon." The painted mare laughed and nuzzled her human friend as she spoke. "Foalen is teaching me that not all flying is done in the sky and that every living thing can fly if it is willing to try, even slow two leggers."

Grinning Foalen lifted a hand in greeting to Anpo," Hau, Anpo. I was indulging Ayita so why not share some of the attention. And how have you been? I have been so busy with herbs and potions I haven't been able to get out and about for a while."

Harperking

Picturing twoleggers in flight caused Wambli to burst into laughter. Whinnying and shaking her head, it took her several moments to get the image out of her head. It did, however, give her an idea that she wanted to try sometime.
"I'd be glad to run with you sometime, Ayita. Jewel can't fly either, so I won't always be in the air myself."

"I have been good, my friend," the Sioux woman looked up in surprise when Wambli started snorting and whinnying suddenlly, then shrugged and just decided that it must just be the good weather affecting her friend. Reaching into her carrysack she pulled out a bit of dried teasel and began to scratch Wambli with it, currying the mare's winter coat while she talked.
"I was thinking of going on a small explore this afternoon just to get out of the village, would you and Ayita care to join us?"

Quote:
Laughing along with Wambli, Ayita had to admit that the idea of two leggers flying did sound rather silly. "A run would be great fun I think. I'm sure your Jewel would have a good time too if we all went together." The painted mare agreed.

Foalen nodded eagerly,"That sounds like a wonderful idea. I don't really have anything I couldn't do later anyway. I finished most of the important work this morning so if you don't mind company on your wandering," He said with a look at Ayita as if checking for conformation. "We would be happy to join you. I haven't really gone out much since the fire in the valley. I wonder if the area is showing signs of recovery yet?"

Harperking

If a soquili could purr, that is what Wambli would have been doing at that moment. She loved being groomed, and Anpo was good at getting the knots in her mane out without any pulling. She looked back at the forest again, then turned back to her painted friend.
"I will be glad when the warmer weather gets here. I am tired of the cold wet!"

"I haven't been out that way since the fires," Anpo said. "It is always amazing how quickly te land can recover though."

Harperking

Wambli's eyes light up at the sight of the unicorn stallion, and she immediatly wheels away and trots over to him, whickering a welcome.
"Jewel! I thought maybe you had changed your mind!" she said, relief in her voice.

Anpo stood, transfixed at the being before her. Who...what... was that creature that Wambli was so happy to see?

Quote:
Foalen nodded as he watched Anpo groom the very happy looking wind mare his fingers looseing themselves in Ayita's short but colorful mane. "The great wheel is always turning. Darkness and danger always come, but the wheel turns bringing light healing with it. Most of the little ones I healed should be in full health now so hopefully we won't encounter any of them. I have my herbs along though, just incase we do run into them."

"Grooming is wonderful isn't it?" Ayita laughed as she watched her friend enjoy the grooming. "I know there are some advantages to not living with a two legger, but the wild ones do not know what they are missing."

Harperking
Anpo walked over to Foalen, who had not yet seen the newcomer to the area.
"Wise One, my friend, do my eyes deceive me or has Wambli Zikala brought a new kind of friend to us today?" she said in a soft voice, gesturing to where the ecstatic windmare was greeting the unicorn.

Harperking

Wambli's eyes light up at the sight of the unicorn stallion, and she immediatly wheels away and trots over to him, whickering a welcome.
"Jewel! I thought maybe you had changed your mind!" she said, relief in her voice.

Anpo stood, transfixed at the being before her. Who...what... was that creature that Wambli was so happy to see?

dustfeather
He shakes his head, trying not to stare at the two-leggers, apparantly just as amazed at Anpo's appearance as she is by his.

"No...Fawkes just had to tell me something before I came," he says vaguely, but smiles at her. "I'm sorry that I kept you waiting. Are these..." he hesitates, looking at them again, "Your friends? And...and humans?"

Harperking

"Yes! The paint soquili is my very good friend Ayita and her twolegger is the shaman Foalen. He's the spirit talker I told you about. The other twolegger is my Talker, Anpo." Wambli snorted a little laugh at the dumbfounded look on Anpo's face. "She doesn't usually look like that. I think she's a little surprised to see you!"

Quote:
Foalen's eyes widen as he sees the horned soquili and he says something softly under his breath in a reverent tone. Of course all soquili are sacred creatures but in his shamanic training he had heard of especialy rare and honored beings such as the one before them. When his shock subsided he nodded to Anpo while bowing deferentialy to the magnificent creature. "This is one of the rare and sacred horned ones. Little is know of them and even the among shaman and wise women they are thought to be of legend only."

dustfeather
Jewel nods his head shyly to Ayita, before his gaze lands on Foalen, curiousity now tinging his expression. After his brief conversation with Fawkes, he's interested to see the spirit talker the most: Fawkes himself said that he's only seen one other, and the phoenix had been many more places than Jewel had.

As if following the unicorn's thoughts, the bird of fire alights on a branch nearby, as light as a dove. Fire flickers all around him, curling up around each feather and wrapping itself quietly along the branch itself, like some sort of odd smoke.

"Spirit talker..." He murmurs, watching Foalen. He watches the other, and, feeling awkward, dips his head in an odd parody of the shaman.

Quote:
Foalen's gaze was taken by the phoenx, he had never seen such a bird before and he nodded again defferetinialy to the bird who was obviously of the spirit world as much as that of men. As he let his gaze go back to the handsome stallion he wished he knew more of the language of the soquili and vowed silently to talk to the Princess about it some time. She would be able to point him to someone who could teach him the Soquili's language he was sure. As it was all he could do at the moment was admire the amazing creatures before him. "Greetings honored ones, may you be welcome here." He said finally in his own language knowing the holy beasts would probably not understand a word of what he said. But perhaps his manner would carry his intent.

Harperking
((Leth..I have no problem if you want to join in ours & its ok with the others!))

Anpo looked at the white stallion in silence. There was something of the spirits about him for sure, and when the flaming hawklike creature landing on the tree without catching it on fire she was sure she was in the presence of creatures beyond her ken.

Slowly approaching, she bowed her head in respect.

"Hau, Spirit friends,' she said quietly.

Wambli just watched and tried to hold in the laughter.
"I have no idea what has come over her!" she said in apology to Jewel.

dustfeather
(:hugs Syrran: )

Fawkes bobs his head gracefully to Foalen, his wings splayed slightly in a gesture of great cordiality that the winged folk have. He regards the group with one fierce, dark eye.

"He's making...noises," Jewel says in a whisper to Wambli, fairly certain that the two-legger cannot comprehend him. "Is that the human language? Do you understand it?" He sounds anxious, as if he didn't want to offend: but he didn't know what to do. The high-spirited young stallion's ears immediately come up to their fullest as Anpo comes closer: edgy, he's uncertain whether to let her come closer. His nostrils billow out as he cautiously inhales, trying to catch the girl's scent, his thin, fine limbs trembling slightly with excitement.

His gaze shifts quietly to Wambli, but he keeps his ears well-attuned to Anpo and the shaman. "Do you think they've just never seen my type before?" Again, he's whispering. "And...and, forgive me for asking, are they animals, or are they spirit-sent?" He wishes he had asked Fawkes more about them.

Harperking

Wambli whickered reassuringly at Jewel, and walked over to Anpo to show him that the Sioux was nothing to fear.
"She's neither, I think. Just... human," she rubbed her head against Anpo's shoulder, proving the mortal nature of the twolegged one. "She is my friend and I have taken care of her since I came here."

Anpo, meanwhile, was as nervous about him as he was of her. Despite the fact that it was a Spirit dream that had brought her so far from her home to this village, seeing a spirit come to life before her was still a moment to make one take pause. The fact that Wambli was so at ease with him, however, was not lost to the young woman.
"Just what have you been up to, windsib?" she said under her breath.

Ends p.2421  

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:56 am
Title: Speech and understanding - Chapter 1

Foalen sat bathed in the flikering light of the fire as he sat crosslegged in his teepee watching the sleeping face of the painted mare who had come to mean so much to him. Since she had left her basket they had grown very close. So much so that he sometimes felt as if he know what she was thinking or feeling just by the way she lifted her head or carried herself. But he wished there could be greater understanding.

In the village the other day he had overheard someone mention an ancient soquili language. Not having come from the Kewani village himself he had been unaware that his dear friend might have a spoken language of her own. But then the soquili were sacred spirits, so it didn't surprise him to find that these beautiful and intelligent creatures had their own way of comunicating.

No he wasn't surprised, but he was filled with a great desire to learn all he could of this language if it really did exist. But who should he go to he wondered as he watched the smoke rise up from the flames. Perhaps Princess Soquili would know, or if she didn't know she might be able to lead him to one who did know. Having made up his mind Foalen relaxed into his meditation while outside the teepee stars began to twinkle in the sky.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:12 am
Title: Speech and understanding- Chapter 2

When the light of dawn warmed the teepee with it's touch Foalen followed Ayita out into the day as she totted happily through the forest on her way to visit with her friends who lived within the village. It was early, but the shaman knew that people would already be up and about by the time he would make it to the first row of teepees leading into the village.

Walking softly over the trail the shaman allowed the sounds and sights of the forest to wash over him sensing the spirit world all around him. He greeted the lifted hands and smiles that met him as he entered the village with smiles of his own as he headed towards the Princess' teepee.  

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:04 pm
Title: Aunt Ayita?
Starts P. 2493

Talencia
Delphia: Glares at Sora. "Excuse me, my friend can visit the baskets if he wants!" She snorts a laugh. "It isn't as if he's going to tockle them to death in their baskets!"

Takakun
Sora: he laughed and half spluttered, nuzzling the mare, "but but Delphie! He's a hawk! and that beak is very pointy..."
He stood there looking as if the the whole world is serious on that note.
Then as Delphia glanced slightly away, he stuck his tongue out at Dyami.

Quote:
Noticing her friends Ayita makes her way over to them and softly wickers amused at Sora's fatherly over protetiveness. Dispite his intensity she can clearly see the exuberent young colt he had been when she first met him. "Being wary is a good thing," she told her old friend in a soothing voice. "It is especialy important to be wary of preditors. But Jaden has proven himself a friend, you need not worry about him."

samus x
Dyami: *chuckled at Sora being all protective*

Takakun

He hung his head as if apologectic, but his eyes twinkled with amusement.
"Aw...I was just playing, sure the hawk can come see the foals..."
He made slight snapping noises with his teeth and grinned.

Quote:
Ayita shook her head in exasperation though her dark eyes were dancing still. "It must be hard looking after the baskets with one colt to look after already here." She said smiling sweetly at Delphia.

samus x
Dyami could only chuckle in amusment at Sora." now now Sora no biteing the hawk." he grined at sora, knowing he was only messign around.

Takakun

He muttered quietly..."I'm not a colt anymore" then he spotted a butterfly and starting following it, stopping to n** at Dyami, before returning and nuzzling the baskets.

samus x
Dyami nips back at sora." oh really now sora." he grined and chuckled." you sure act like one heheheh." he was only teasing and hoped Sora knew it.

Talencia

Delphia nipped Sora teasingly. "I'll know who to blame if Jaden goes missing and you have black feathers round your mouth!"

She smiled warmly at Ayita. "It does make life interesting, surely." She flashed a smile at her silly but handsome mate. "But then, I wouldn't have it any other way!" She nosed the baskets affectionately. "Come Ayita, meet my children! I don't know their names or even if they are colts or fillies yet, but I'm sure they wouldn't mind having an aunt!" She beamed at the pretty paint mare.

Jaden meanwhile perched above and cackled down at Sora and Dyami. "Silly horses! All I want to do is to teach the foals how to properly snatch a necklace!" He cawed a laugh and swooped down beside the baskets.

Takakun
He blew at Dyami, stamping his foot, "Like how you are around Settia, deary Dyami?"
He was the quintinsensial? proud parent, standing tall and strong over his baskets. Sora beamed proudly at Ayita and was about to sidestep so she could come sniff at the baskets when the dark form of the hawk swooped down. Baring his teeth like a wolverine, the stallion made a playful snap at the hawk, before giving him a big jolly lick.

samus x
Dyami grined and chuckled." Maybe." he then saw the hawk swoop down and Sora lick him. he couldn't help but laugh out load at sora and the hawk.

Quote:
"I'm sure they will both be wonderful." Accepting the invitation Ayita stepped up next to the lovely baskets and carefully inspected then wondering what the little ones inside might be like.

Takakun

He turned around swiftly and with a smart twitch of his tail, snapped the wave tail at the hawk. He burst out laughing, chorting widely.

samus x
Dyami chuckled." come on now Sora that not fiar to the hawk." even though it wasn't Dyami could not help but be amused by sora and the hawk.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:00 am
Familiar event p.2646

Sirenz
A low whimper interrupted Soquili's thoughts. It was coming from the berry patch were the horses were. The sound began to get louder like whoever making it was in pain.

"I wonder what that could be...?"

Foalen
Hearing the sound of something in pain Ayita lifted her head from her grazing and glanced over the herd of gathered soquili her expresseve eyes narrowing. Where was the sound coming from?

As she turned her head she noticed the princes and the berry bush at the same time. Making a quick decision she cautiously moved over towards the place where the sound was coming from ready to alarm the herd if nessisary.

Soquili
The whine became louder and Soquili thought that the other horses must of not heard it.

"Could it be all in my head?" she wondered to herself.

Then a small tail appeared out of the patch and the cry began to get sadder.

User Image

Soquili
"Soquilis! A hurt animal is making that sound. I wonder how we can coax it to come out so we can help!"

EchoLimaFoxtrot
Nagual-An, almost scared now, could not ignore the cries. She flicked a smile to Swafi in thanks, but overall seemed very occupied.

It was then that she saw the tail in the bush and glared at Fenrir, "What did you do!?" She thought that since it was 'his bush' as he had claimed, that fault automatically went to him.

Tiptoe-ing forward, Nagual knelt down as best she could, "Are you alright? Hello? Did you need some help?"

Takakun

It came as a surprise when he was bitten. No one has ever attacked him before! sura his father and siblings have tried to n** him occasionally but never as hard. For awhile a strange feeling came over him but then he realised this colt was nothing more than a filly chaser.
Anger flared briefly within him, how dare he attack a soquili of wild blood!
With such inteisyt in his eyes he lunged at the weirdly marked colt, knocking Nagual aside and he used his hooves and teeth to snap. He managed to n** the dark ear and nipped it neatly before letting go. "You're nothing more than a twolegged pansy, leave me and my bush alone!" he snarled.

(edited)

In this moment he did not realise that others had gathered and in fact surrounded his bush from which a tail came sticking out from. He blinked his surprise for it seemed a tiny animal was whimpering. The wildness disappeared and in him the gentleness of his mother came as he trotted back and nosed around, sniffing curiously at the tail, "Are you alright little one?" he whispered.

Remove
Swafi kicked at the colt, "Will you stop it, you have hurt something if this is indeed your bush!" He snapped and turned to the mare that wasn't too far off, he nodded his head saying hello and put his head back into the bush where he saw the little creature. He slowly and carefully nuzzled it with his muzzle, "Hey its ok, climb up me and we will get ya out ok!" He spoke softly and tried to move the bush abit to make sure the small animal wasn't tied up in any way.

Soquili

Suddenly..some sad eyes appeared out of the bushes..

User Image
The lil animal was still afraid to come out..

Takakun

he narrowed his eyes at Swafi, thinking that this was a very turburlent colt who did not know the respect of others, after all didnt he approach them first.
A thousand replies came into his mind but with a sigh he pushed it down and muttered strongly, " if you weren't such a stickler to anything you'll see i was trying to help!"
He huffed and started picking apart the leaves and brambles with his teeth.

A pair of eyes appeared and similar green eyes stared back calmly. it looked like it didn't want to come out so Fenrir smiled, rare for him, but then he liked the other animals of the woods. Coaxing slightly, he nipped at some berries and laid it before the animal, hoping it'll be tempted to come towards the outside.

Infinite Duck
((I'll post a post for Kawenu anyway... even though Bowtie is still in the basket. Just so I can say I was there. xp ))

Kawenu sat close to gathering forces to rescue the small animal. It was hard to see past all the Soquili and owners to what the problem was. She heard someone shout about a hurt animal. Holding her Soquili basket close she frowned. She'd love to run out and help, but leaving the delicate foal alone with this much foot action would be foolish. Instead she laid the basket before her and laided down to try and peek between all the legs and feet to under the bush. Perhaps she'd get a good look at the poor creature. Maybe just her heart-felt sorrow would reach out and calm the poor creature allowing the others to tend to it's aid.

Foalen
Hearing the commotion Foalen came to see where Ayita was and found her stairing at the berry bush. Seeing the eyes he knelt down an made soothing sounds towards the little creature. Digging in his ever present pouch for a treat that might attrat the little one. He didn't come too close though so as not to frighten the creature.

Remove
Swafi watched as the eyes appeared, he stepped back and looked at the filly then back at the little one. He lowered his head to the same height as the eyes and smiled, "Hey, do you need any help? We can try and get you our or something..." He smiled again ignoring the aggnorant colt. The filly had coaxed the little one so far. "Its ok we won't hurt you, we are not that harsh really we aren't. There was just a little problem, you are safe, we won't hurt you!" He spoke really softly and calmly he didn't want to scare the little creature.

Soquili
Foalen
Hearing the commotion Foalen came to see where Ayita was and found her stairing at the berry bush. Seeing the eyes he knelt down an made soothing sounds towards the little creature. Digging in his ever present pouch for a treat that might attrat the little one. He didn't come too close though so as not to frighten the creature.

The lil animal sniffed and...
User Image
..popped his head out. His mouth watered at the tasty treat..

Remove
Kaliska had gone wandering for Swafi, where that colt had got to she didn't know but she spotted him and some others. She ran over quickly and then saw the little head, oh it was so cute! The girl couldn't speak, well she could but not very well so she resided herself to be mute.

She put one arm around Swafi and then sat next to Foalen, smiling at him. She then put her hand out to the little one slowly, keeping her hand on the ground and her eyes looking at the creature but not staring so not to threaten the creature. She made a small noise with her tounge and smiled at the little creature.

Soquili
The kind words kinda made the animal feel better but still he was a tad bit afraid...as he was hurt badly.

Takakun

Fenrir sees a small foxy head popped out and tilted his own head. Seeing as it reponded to the tidbit held in the twolegged hands, he gently moved aside and nudged at the man to make him go nearer so the fox can smell the scent .
He wondered if it was hurt or merely lost.

EchoLimaFoxtrot
Nagual-An looked around. She was really worried: what was it that prevented the creature from coming out? If it was a broken leg or rib, she didn't want to make it worse...if the creature was simply scared, well...maybe charm would work... which meant Fenrir was out of the question.

Putting on a bright smile, the filly looked at the sad eyes. "Oh don't worry about the brightly colored one! I think he was just born like that, may be poor living conditions, who knows."

After a moment, Nagual chewed her lip and back away slightly. She folded her legs and plopped tot he ground and dropped her head, trying to appear as un-frightening as possible. Suddenly, the situation made her giggle, with so many trying to get into the bush. Almost forgetting the problem, Nagual looked around, "We all look kind funny, you know, all attacking the little bush!"

Creeping forward slightly, she avoided hooves in her path and stuck her head in the bush and pear in, her head resting on the ground. She could see the others trying to get in, but her attention was on the creature, trying to asses any damage that might have occured.

Foalen
Foalen carefuly reached forward far enough to place the treat in front of the bush without getting too close to the bush itself. As soon as the little bit of dried meat was in place he scooted back out of the way to watch what would happen.

Soquili
The big crowd gathering around alarmed the lil creature...
User Image
and he tucked his head back into the bush and shivered...

Remove
Kaliska and Swafi seemed to sigh in time with each other. The girl stood up and not caring if she knew everyone or not started to push Swafi, the other colt and the filly away. She couldn't speak and nor would she so Swafi knowing her well enough by now translated.

"She wants us to all keep back, we scare it!" He nickered and kept back he didn't expect the others to but either way he did, he wanted to keep out the way. He watched the girl slowly walk back to the bush and sit down, she started singing softly in her native language. She didn't expect the creature to come out but she would sing in hope of soothing it.

Foalen
Making soothing sounds the shaman backed away a little more while motioning for Ayita to back away as well hoping his treat and soft sounds would lure the little one back out.

Soquili
Then he didn't hear much noise anymore so stepped out...
User Image
..there was a cut on his leg..probably from a bear trap that a poacher set up.

"Oh no! That cut looks serious.. I wonder if anyone can find some medicine but I'm not a shaman so I have no idea.." said Soquili.

Infinite Duck

Kawenu watched the poor creature dive deeper into the bush. Frowning more she decided there was no point in trying to stare at it. She was just making things worse. Standing, with the soft clinking of beads as the hung from long leather straps from her skirt of beads. Lifting the basket carefully she departed to about 50 steps away. She then placed her basket back down and sat beside it to watch. She would have difficulty watching it from this point on, but it would be better if she didn't get in the way.

Takakun

Fenrir felt rather poorly, amidst all this gathering he seem to have been misunderstood and wondered if the fox felt just as scared as he does now, among the large soquilis and many two leggeds.
He thought for a moment, then calmly made his way around the bush and saw a little opening from where he had previously been grazing at. Sticking his small muzzle closer he whickered and whispered, "They may be large and different but I think they just want to help. Don't be scared...are you stuck? Are the brambles hurting you?"
He gamely started pulling apart the small bush, but slowly, so that the fox may have an opening. Then maybe the others can see whats wrong too.

Remove
The girl looked to Foalen, he looked like he would have an idea but she tried to coax the fox towards her, still softly singing. She just wanted to keep the creature calm, that was all.

Swafi trotted over to the mare, Ayita, "What can we do to help, your human seems to know what he is doing!" Everyone wanted to help the poor thing right?

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:39 am
Foalen
Foalen was already digging in his pouch once more to try and find the right herbs. Finding a small clay pot contanining a salve and a neatly rolled hide bandage the shaman knelt down on the ground and slowly came towards the fox trying not to frighten it. "I mean you no harm little one. I only want to help you." He knew his words wouldn't make sense to the fox but perhaps the spirit in wich he spoke would reach the creature.

EchoLimaFoxtrot
Nagual-An crept further and further back. When the creature came out, and she saw the cut, the filly immediately frowned. "I dunno about specific medicines... but moss will definately soak up the blood and prevent at least further infection. Maybe one of the humans has something to wrap it with.... or, we can use the moss idea and I can sneak off one of my bands..."

Trotting away, the filly returned with some moss in her mouth. Keeping her distance, she waited for a verdict... that, and she wish she had opposable thumbs at the moment.

Harperking
Wambli trotted along, curious to see where everyone was today. Seeing the gathered crowd she slowed and walked over to find out what could be so interesting in a berry bush!
As she got closer, the black and gold mare caught bits of the conversation, and heard the little whimpers of fear and pain. She wished that Jewel were there, for she remembered him telling her that his horn could heal.
When the wounded one came out of the bush she was just as surprised as the others, and just as angry to see the nasty cut! AT the Princess' words asking for a shaman though, Wambli knew just who was needed. With a little whinny, she walked over to Foalen and gave him a little nudge with her nose.

Soquili
The fox wagged his tail and blinked at the strange critter with two legs. He had never seen anything weirder and felt no need to be afraid though. If it wanted to kill him..would of done so already... The singing kinda lightened his heart and his paws marched to the beat.

The pain in his leg suddenly made him howl and laid down.

Takakun

the fox has finally made his way out, and there was blood around its foot.
Fenrir had no idea what a shaman is but he supposed those two leggeds would know what to do. The ones around his parents would often wrap strange things around them if they got hurt so he made his way around them and stood beside Nagual, "do you think it'll be alright?" he whispered, staring at the others.

Foalen
Remove
The girl looked to Foalen, he looked like he would have an idea but she tried to coax the fox towards her, still softly singing. She just wanted to keep the creature calm, that was all.

Swafi trotted over to the mare, Ayita, "What can we do to help, your human seems to know what he is doing!" Everyone wanted to help the poor thing right?
"We need to keep the little one calm. That would help alot. Foalen will need to treat him and I don't know how he will react to that."

Remove

She moved over to him softly and storked his head with her hand though she barely touched him, she just wanted to sooth the youngster. She then turned to Foalen and with her eyes pleaded with him to help the foz as she stroked it.

Soquili

He sniifed at the rolled bandage but it didnt smell like something he wanted to eat..he turned up his nose.

Infinite Duck
Kawenu almost cheered, but she instead just smiled. She began to re-tell the helpless Soquili in the basket how the critter was helped and healed. However she still remained far off to watch. Too many people would just frighten it more.

Foalen
Foalen smiled as he was nudged. "I'm working on it friends. But this little one might not trust man and I want to be careful not to frighten him too badly."

That said he moved forward and gently took the foxes leg in hand swathing it with ointment and the bandage.

Soquili

The fox purred as he was pet and no longer felt very threatened..stil his cut hurt and he began to lick at it.

EchoLimaFoxtrot
Nagual-An watched the humans at work (what her luck! Three... four humans in one day?). She looked at them a little wishfully, wanting those thumbs to help the creature, but feeling very inadequate. Looking over to the other soquili that seemed to be fond of the humans, Nagual smiled, "I'm glad they can help him!" Giggling lightly, she settled to watch.

Foalen
When he was finished with the bandage he swiftly reached into his pouch for another bit of dried meat to reward his little paitent.

Remove
The fox liked her so she continued to stroke him and just keep him calm with singing as the shaman did his work, she sang and sang. It seemed to be keeping the young fox calm. Oh please let him get better!

Takakun

The strange scent made the fox more distressed. Still having some berries in his mouth, he rolled them towards the fox one by one. Maybe if it has the scent of the berries it'll let the two legged fix the cut in its foot.
Fenrir then turned his head to the side, he didn't what more he can do, so he waited.

Soquili

User Image

The fox felt so much better! His leg didn't hurt so bad ..but he felt sad. Last night he wandered into a bear trap and then finally got free because it was meant for the big legs of a bear..not tiny ones of a fox. He never had so many care about him until now and wondered what made him so special to get so much love?

EchoLimaFoxtrot
The moss, totally uneeded, went totally to waste. Witha shrug, Nagual went to the task of eating it. Even though it was incredibly bitter, she choked it down and licked her lips when done. Nodding to the rythm of the song, the filly watched the shaman at work.

Foalen
Watching the fox being petted he smiled as he looked the bandage over. It was well wrapped and would hold but the little one would need to be looked after for a while until that cut healed.

Remove
The girl slowly and carefully reached down and kissed his forehead, Swafi trotted over slowly and nuzzled its head, the girl then spoke. "Its ok youngster, we will look after you." She could speak if she wished to, but it had taken along time to work out how to speak the words to the young fox.

Takakun

With his foot all patched up, fenrir smiled at the little creature. Every animal should be able to live their lives as was dictated by nature's orders of things. He wasnt sure how the fox got hurt so badly because there arent large predators around but he was glad the two leggeds were able to help. Atleast they are goof for something, he thought to himself. leaning forward until he sttled down on his hooves, he lightly watched the fox being petted and cuddled.

Foalen
"What's wrong," Ayita asked coming closer to the little fox wondering why he seemed confused and a bit unsettled.

EchoLimaFoxtrot
Nagual chewed her lip but smiled when the girl spoke. She was wondering how the creature got such a cut...surely a bush wouldn't have created it, would it?

Taking a chance, Nagual cleared her throat, "Does anyone know how the little guy that cut? Might there be any others who may have been affected by whatever it was the made it?" She looked around, not sure if anyone could hear her.

The filly was relieved that the fox was going to be alright. A good thing there were humans around... soquilis doing such bandaging might have been disasterous.

Remove
Swafi looked up, "It looked like some sort of trap or something, Kaliska here has shown me them before, dangerous things, meant for creatures that kill us." He smiled at the filly and then looked back to the fox, nuzzling Kaliskas shoulder before turning back to the fox.

Foalen
"What is your name? My name is Ayita." The painted mare told the fox coming a little bit closer yet, but slowly so as not to crowd him. "How did you get hurt?"

Soquili
User Image
The fox felt sooo happy and wanted to be owned by the person who put on his bandage..it still hoped the girl would come and sing to him still..

Harperking
Wambli smiled to herself. She knew that the shaman could fix the young one! Now to make him feel better about being here amobg all the strangeness! She let out a reassuring nicker, low in her throat.
"It's ok, Fox-brother" she said, rustling her wings a little as she spoke. "No one here means you harm. The two-leggeds will care for you if you wish, or let you run back free if you choose"

EchoLimaFoxtrot

Nagual looked at Swafi down to the fox, "But surely, that little thing cannot kill us, can it?"

Remove
The girl backed off a little and smiled. She turned to Swafi and then to Foalen, nodding her head she turned and tried to lead Swafi away. Her eyes telling him they had done all that was needed. She bowed to the other people that were there and after a little bit of fighting lead Swafi away, they couldn't stay now, the reason she had found Swafi was to pick up more of those traps, he carried the ones they found on his back.

Foalen
Ayita nodded agreeing with Wambli, Foalen will look after you if you would like to live with us. Though you are free to leave any time you wish as well. Still I hope you'll stay until your leg is healed.

Takakun

The others were leaving....what an interesting day...no doubt the little fox will be housed with the tall two legged until it is better. Fenrir wrinkled his nose and whickered good health and goodbye to the little one.

EchoLimaFoxtrot
((Congrats to Foalen! I prob won't be here later.... I hope I can make it to another event, though! It was a blast, if a little insane xD... WHOOO! We can still RP, though))

Nagual looked around. She saw that the fox was going with the Shaman and the painted mare. Still kind of worried, she looked around, wondering what the others were going to do.

Turning to Swafi, she looked at him and the girl, "Are you two leaving?"

EchoLimaFoxtrot
((haha! I kinda want a bear, but I know that prob won't happen xd But it's all good... the foxes are so cwute!!!))

Nagual giggled whens he saw Fenrir wrinkle his nose. Was it possible he wasn't all that rough around the edges and had a soft spot?

Remove
Swafi turned and nodded, "Unfortunatly, my girl works constantly and I think that is what she needs me for. The shaman was lucky to be around that was for sure. The princess asked for a shaman and amazingly one arrived!" He smiled and then nipped the human with pleading looks. She smiled and kissed his forehead and nodded. She then turned to walk off but Swafi turned back to the filly, "Looks like I can stay!"

Takakun

he glanced at the filly as she laughed and decided to make her laugh more so he twitched his ears and wrinkled his nose more. He was tired and anyway it seems he had ravaged his bush to help the little one. There should be another berry patch around the bend and he began thinking of the sweet juicy plump ones.

EchoLimaFoxtrot

Smiling happily, Nagual nodded her head, "Well, then, I am glad you will stay! I wonder who else will..." Tiptoeing back to the bush, Nagual stole some more berries. What could she say? They were good berries and perfrect for eating...

Remove
He looked around, "Most came because of the fox, I guess most will leave now like my human. She will get Mahiri to do my work! How cool is that!" He chuckled and turned to the other colt, oh did he really have to stay?

Foalen
Foalen reached down to give the little fox a scratch as he realized the little one was following him. bending down he was surprised when the fox lept up into his arms. Laughing he carried the fox back to his teepee where the little one could rest and recuperate.

Watching in amusment Ayita waved as they left.

EchoLimaFoxtrot
Nagual-An looked at the two colts once again. She grinned... the original three were here, around the berry bush and in desperate need for a new one...one not so ravaged by soquili and human a like. One last attempt to swipe any fallen good berries, and Nagual lifted her head, some leaves stuck in her mane, "Search for more berries?"

Takakun

He grinned at the filly, she seemed to be of no harm, a rather silly little thingy, she has her own charm he supposed. But that -other- one, he snarled inwardly. First he intrudes near my bush now he's giving me these looks. These two legged soquilis have no respect for the old law. He glimmered happily at his fathers tales of being in the wild, where each soquili can hold their own and share when times need to, and they never would attack a soquili like that one did. He wrinkled his nose again and got up, testily shaking one foot. The roselet shone a deep red around his ankle, and he turned away. As he passed the filly, he whickered quietly, "perhaps another day berry filly..." and trotted off to find his brother and sister.

EchoLimaFoxtrot
Nagual-An was sad to see anyone leave, but she assumed something else was calling him. With a nod, she watched Fenrir leave, "Another day, then!"

Remove
Swafi watched the other leave, were they all leaving? He turned to the filly and laughed, "May I ask your name, I have been so rude, I am Swafi!" He chuckled, how could they have forgotten to ask each other their names? "I would love to go looking for berrys with you."

end p2653  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:54 am
Ayita nickered happily seeing that wounded fox was cheerful as he made his way through the forest following behind the shaman on their way to the teepee he would share with them for however long he wished to stay. The small creature didn't speak much, he was too busy investigating the scents and sights of the wood around them. His little nose twitching as if he were cataloging each scent. Perhaps he was. Ayita really didn't know how other types of animals got around and it made sense that a fox might remember a path by scent. It was similar to the animals some of the tribe kept as pets. Though it was smaller and it's ears more pointed.

Even so she thought it likely that this fox was were similar in nature to the tribes dogs if not exactly alike in looks.

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:48 am
Title: What's in a name?

"We need a name for you." Foalen told the little brown fox who had come to live with him and his soquili friend in their shared teepee as he redressed the wounds caused by the bear trap the fox had accidentily run into. "But a name is not to be taken lightly for once given it can shape who we become. So we shall have to be careful to make sure it is a name you can grow into. I'll have to give it some thought."

Sitting across from the shaman on the other side of the teepee Ayita watched her human friend as he worked wickering in agreement with his words thought the sense of them eluded her. She liked the cadence and warm sound of Foalen's voice and it didn't really matter to her what the words meant for she could tell that whatever he said it was from the heart. The fox seemed to feel the same way for he had calmed quite a bit on the walk to his new home. He was now eagerly looking around the teepee paying little attention to the shaman who was currently rewrapping his banage.

"You seem to be feeling better," she told the fox.

"Oh yes, I feel much better with the herbs your friend has used on my legs. I'm glad that you went to get him to help me. Thank you. What's your name?"

The mare responed with a nod as she gazed across the fire in the center of the teepee. "Your quite welcome, my name's Ayita. Oh and the one who healed you is called Foalen. Do you have a name?"

"Foalen, I like that name. He is very kind. My name is Takota. I used to live in the forest not too far from the village. Until I met that thing with the metal teeth."

"It's a pleasure to know you Takota. I'm glad you came to stay with us. Foalen will heal her wounds. He tends everyone he meets not just in body but in spirit too. Unlike the two leggers who hurt you."

"No, no it was the metal teeth that hurt me. Though I had never seen a creature who had such teeth before." The fox rushed to explain looking back across the fire at the painted mare.

Ayita shook her head sadly. "The metal teeth aren't creatures, they are traps. Tools some two leggers use to capture or harm other creatures. You were lucky to get away if you got caught in one."

"But why would they use such a thing?" Takota lowered his head his ears drooping.

"Because not all two leggers are kind. You must be wary of them until you know for sure if they mean you harm or not. You must never have seen a two legger before if you don't know this."

"Actually your right, I hadn't seen a two legger before I met the female one buy the berry bushes. The one who pet me was very nice. And Foalen is healing me so not all of them are bad. But I will be cautious in the future I promise."

Finished with the bandage Foalen set Takota down giving him a good scratch wich resulted in a great deal of head butting from the fox to get even more scratches.

Ayita laughed lowering her head to her legs slipping down into slumber.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:50 am
Title: Growth and Renewal

The teepee was silent save for the sound of the fire crackling as the shaman sat stairing into the bright flames. Takota watched the smoke as it rose curling slowly up and out of the smoke hole. It was a soothing motion, but the little brown fox had grown restive. Even so he was a little bit fearful of leaving this refuge he had found.

Creeping over to the door flap so as not to disturb the shaman, Takota peered outside. Not far from the teepee the familiar form of the painted mare he had come to think of as a friend stood grazing on the greenery in the small clearing where the teepee had been errected.

Ayita's ears flickered telling the fox that the mare was aware of his presence though she didn't lift her head until he had actually left the teepee and crossed the short distance over to her side. She wickerd a welcome as he neared blowing grass scented breath over him.

"It's good to see you out and about finally." Ayita said in an encoraging voice. She could tell that her new friend had been scared badly by his experience with the bear trap and since then had been afraid to be on his own. He would now only go outside if Foalen or Ayita were with him. So the fact that he had dared to peek out of the teepee without knowing where Ayita was, was a step in the right direction.

"Thank you, it's good to be out." Takota replied as he wandered around the little clearing taking in the scents though never moving too far from soquili's protective gaze. "I like the teepee, it's comfortable there. But I have been feeling the need to get up and walk."

"It's good to streatch your legs once in a while." Ayita agreed with a nod before returning to her meal.

Walking to the edge of the little clearing Takota sat and staried longingly into the woods. It would be nice to go for a bit of a hunt. But Soquili were plant eaters and it didn't seem right to ask her to help him hunt. Sighing he pawed at a bit of twig that was sticking out of the grownd near him.

Ayita didn't know what Takota was thinking exactly but it wasn't hard to pick up on his mood. It was obvious to the mare that he wanted to go out and live as he had before the accident. "You know if you want to go out for a walk I'd be happy to go with you."

The fox looked back at her giving her a vulpine smile. "Thank you, but I don't think you'd enjoy a hunt."

'Ah so that's it.' Ayita thought to herself. 'He wants to go hunting and he's too kind to ask me to go along. "Perhaps not, but I don't think Foalen would have any such reservations."

Takota sat up straighter. "Your right! Why didn't I think of that? I'll go get him now." Bouncing up with glee the fox dissipeared back into the teepee only to reamerge a few moments later with Foalen's pouch clutched gently in his teeth.

By the time the shaman had figured out what happened and stood fraimed in the door of the teepee the fox was already on the other side of the clearing.

Ayita nickered a laugh as the little brown fox led the shaman deeper into the wood. She watched them until the dissapeared through the trees and then returned to her grazing sure in the knowlage that Takota was going to be fine. It might take some time, but with their help he was recovering nicely.

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:51 am
Title: Step by Step - Chapter 2

It had been several weeks since Foalen had first set the blanket upon Ayita's back and she had become accustomed to the familiar weight of the thick weaving. So much so that one day when the sun was just begining to lift up over the edge of the world and her shaman friend came to her and removed the blanket it seemed as if she had been made incredibly light.

She trotted around the small clearing where they had made their home trying out this new sense of speed she suddlenly had. Foalen leaned back against a tree and watched her smiling with amusement as the painted mare cavorted and played.

It was a quite time with Takota curled up at Foalen's feet. Only the sounds of Ayita's hooves dancing over the earth broke the stillness in a soothing rythmic sound. The mare stepped lightly over the earth enjoying the soft breeze against her face almost as much as the fond look in her two legged friend's eyes. She had pleased him, she could tell. He did so much for her that it made her very happy when she knew she was returning at least some of the happiness he had given her.

When she tired of playing and came near to nuzzle the shaman's hand Foalen reached out and scrached first her face and then worked his way down her neck. When he got to her withers he spoke slowly reaching down for something he had set on the other side of Takota. They were large hide bags. He spoke soothingly as he eased the bags over her head onto her back.

They were very heavy compaired to the blankets, but not uncomfortably so. She didn't quite understand why Foalen wished her to carry such strange things on her back. But if it made him happy she didn't mind the weight.

"You've done really well, Ayita." The shaman said happily as he pet his soquili's nose. "Very soon now I'll be able to try and ride you myself if you still wish to carry me. You are so amazingly powerful I am sure you'd be fine if I rode you now, but I don't think it hurts to be cautious. "  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:28 am
Title: Step by Step - Chapter 3

Ayita walked slowly along the forest path still unused to the new weights resting on her back. As she walked she wondered what the others would think if they saw her carrying her leather bundles through the woods. She knew some would be mistifed others probably disgusted. There seemed to be a large number of soquili who felt that it was demeaning to let the two leggers near them much less carry anything for them.

The painted mare kept going down the trail to the village not worried about what the others thought even if she was curious. She did what she did for her own reasons. As she came closer to the edge of the forest and open space she increased her speed. It was tireing to run with the sacks on her back and they bumped and thudded awkwardly against her side as she ran.

Without stopping she experimented with her gait with a bit of effort finding that she could shift her weight to match the rythem of the bag's swing so that they swayed in unison. Delighted by this new discovery and finally moving byond the forest's edge Ayita reared lightly propelling herself forward over the gentle slope that would lead her towards the clearing where many of the other soquili who lived in these parts liked to run and play.

The faster she went the more difficult it became to match the swinging of the sacks and flinally she drew to a stop so she could catch her breath and have a drink from the stream she had just come across.

The water was cold clear and delicious after her exurtion and the mare took her time savoring her drink. Looking about she streatched her long neck her tail flicking at an invisible insect. She had come a long way today. It would have been nice to go out and play with the others, but as tired as she was after her run it would be best to return home. Even so she knew she still had enough energy to run back the way she came and with a laugh the panted mare wheeled retracing her steps.

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:57 pm
Title: Bad medicine

Resting comforably in her place in the teepee Ayita sat quietly listening to the shaman's soft chanting while the fire that danced at the center of the small room threw shadows against the wall. The air was filled with incense that tickled her nose and she sneezed lightly in reaction when the scented smoke came to near her sensitive nose.

Wiggling her nose she smiled softly remembering the first time she had encountered such a scent. It had happened not long after she had emerged from her basket.

She had only just figured out how to stand on her unsteady legs when her human friend had left her alone in the teepee just long enough to fetch some fresh water from the stream for her to drink. He hadn't thought he would be gong long enough for the young filly to get into any trouble. He had been wrong.

For Ayita had been as curious as any youngster experiencing the world for the first time and suddenly she was mobile. The filly had carefully paced around the small room wich had seemed much bigger then, placing her tiny hooves cautiously so she wouldn't topple over. There was so much to see. She tried chewing on the blaket that covered the straw that Foalen used for a bed. It didn't taste very good and she made a face spitting the hide back out. Leaning against the bed until she had moved it was a leather bag. The bag itself wasn't all that attractive to Ayita, but the scent coming from it was.

She had never smelled anything like it. Leaning down over the bag she nosed it open. Then sticking her muzzle inside as far as it would go she used her lips and toung to search the bag. Finding something she ate it only questioning weather or not she should have done so after she already had swallowed. The incense had been bitter and she pulled her snout out of the bag hiccuping a strange fragrence into the room.

Foalen chose that moment to return. He had looked at her strangely for a moment as if trying to figure out what was wrong. Then he took a breath and a smile spread slowly across his face. Laughing he shook his head taking the bag away and put it up high where she couldn't reach it. "Ah sometimes I wish you could understand me little one. You should not eat the things in my pouch. Some of them could hurt you. Thankfully the incense is safe.

Ayita savored the memory. She didn't know exactly what her friend had said but she knew he was thinking of her best interest. He had cared very well for her and she loved him for it.  
Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff