pad

InGhostColor

7,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Unsui

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:02 pm
These types of topics are why I came back to Gaia =) I love the raunchy things that make ppl go OMG SQUIRM *uncomfy*

I love it, its great xd

Anyways I personally use tampons. Yes, sometimes they itch, but that means you have a size too big in there for the flow. It sounds crazy, but for me thats actually true =P I always think that bigger is better, but it's not always the case. If you buy an assorted pack, you'll lose the itch and what not...dammit I should have quoted who I was replying to! xp

Pads are okay, but I think they're for night time usage( only because theres a greater risk of the TSS at night). Pads are too bulky to be wearing at school or something. In some of the incredibly tight pants I wear (lol), they're very very visable and it's embarrassing!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:05 pm
La Belle Isolde
I use tampons for the heavier days of my period, but I have a really light one, so pads really aren't that gross for me. I tend to just end up using tampons for the first two days. I also prefer pads for sleeping in, I don't know why. Probably because the feeling of waking up with a tampon in really grosses me out for some reason.

Tampons make wearing a thong a comfortable experience month-round.

-La Belle Isolde-

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Because "sleeping in" with a tampon is a good way for you to die. You're just asking for an infection by having a tampon in you for that long of a time. Bacteria loves warm places, like the human body, and loves food, like your blood and the *ahem* other parts of the body that come with your period.

You're not supposed to change your tampons at least every six hours.  

Omnileech

Omnipresent Warlord

~DR.MOOFASA~

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:25 pm
Omnileech
La Belle Isolde
I use tampons for the heavier days of my period, but I have a really light one, so pads really aren't that gross for me. I tend to just end up using tampons for the first two days. I also prefer pads for sleeping in, I don't know why. Probably because the feeling of waking up with a tampon in really grosses me out for some reason.

Tampons make wearing a thong a comfortable experience month-round.

-La Belle Isolde-

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Because "sleeping in" with a tampon is a good way for you to die. You're just asking for an infection by having a tampon in you for that long of a time. Bacteria loves warm places, like the human body, and loves food, like your blood and the *ahem* other parts of the body that come with your period.

You're not supposed to change your tampons at least every six hours.

y'know, i've always wondered why that is. i mean... i understand the whole concept of bacteria liking warm environments and i understand that it is generally cleaner to change it relatively often...
... but how did the knowledge of the whole thing come about? sweatdrop

*contributing to thread, even though the topic is generally one i avoid when speaking to people in person ninja *
i'm a fan of pads. yeah... they sometimes feel like saggy diapers, but i'd much rather have that than the feeling of an itchy stick in me. @_@ don't really know why but tampons make me kind of uncomfortable (probably has alot to do with how i almost never have comfortable ones at hand, and how my perception around tampons has generally been negative o.o ...long, awkward story.)

HAHAHA... this topic reminds me of the south park episode i watched last night. lol when cartman finds a tampon and doesn't understand what his friend's mom meant when she said it came from her. "*gruff cartman voice* y' shouldn't-a done it, he just a boy" ... lol LOL'd.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:56 pm
I prefer pads with wings simply because they are more comfortable. I will use tampons sometimes when Im with friends swimming or if I have a game or something like that blaugh wink  

tubagirl 1

Kandii Gurll

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:21 pm
I would say both. Pads are good for a less chance of infection..And tampons don't let you overflow and embarrass yourself but still can get you a infection if you don't know how to use it.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:31 am
I perfer both as I can't be running to the bathroom every half hour with school and work. Though given a chocie, tampons all the way.  

Ritzy_freak

Miss Sane

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:49 am
Pads. I've never actually used a tampon (not that I want to), but it sounds very uncomfortable. Besides, when my friend used it, she popped her "cherry"...
O_o  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:31 pm
When I first started having periods some 8 years or so ago, I used pads because that's all my mom had. Then when I entered high school and joined the swim team (which only lasted a month or so), I had to use tampons. Now though, I prefer tampons for the simple reason that you can't feel the blood slowly leaking out of you.... its a gross feeling. While sleeping though I go with pads all the way. I know I won't be able to wake up every 6 hours to change a tampon.
TSS does scare me, but as long as you change it every 4-6 hours, you'll be fine. ^_^
As far as brands go, I tend to buy whatever is on sale, I'm cheap that way xD. My only stipulations are that the pads have to have wings and the tampon applicators have to be plastic with a rounded top, no cotton sticking out >_<.

Rainbows and Polkadots

Agent_of_Misfortune

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:35 pm
hmmmm... bit of random information:

did you know that its possible to get drunk faster by soaking a tampon in alcohol and inserting it *ahem* in there?

they say it delivers up to 50% more alcohol and you feel the effects instantly...

the only downside is... it could KILL YOU... since your not ingesting it.. your body dosen't have time to filter out the chemicals or let you know when you've had to much...

so its MUCH easier to get alcohol poisoning... i DO NOT advise an attempt on your part..  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:38 pm
Agent_of_Misfortune
hmmmm... bit of random information:

did you know that its possible to get drunk faster by soaking a tampon in alcohol and inserting it *ahem* in there?

they say it delivers up to 50% more alcohol and you feel the effects instantly...

the only downside is... it could KILL YOU... since your not ingesting it.. your body dosen't have time to filter out the chemicals or let you know when you've had to much...

so its MUCH easier to get alcohol poisoning... i DO NOT advise an attempt on your part..

o_O....
I'll get drunk the old fashioned way, but thanks, I never knew that....

Rainbows and Polkadots

shiny dollar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:32 am
I use pads. You see, when I was like 12, the idea of sticking a tampon up you *cough* didn't sound very appealing, so me and my friends all started using pads, and I don't really feel any inclination to change that. Although if I had to use a tamp I don't think I'd have a problem with that.

With my pads...I prefer the 15 cm ones with side tabs. I like using libra because they have "did you know?"s on the sticker thing.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:12 am
I know there are some times with situations arise and I can't change my pad right away. The longest I go at school is 5 hours only because it's inconvenient for me to change it during class (those a*****e teachers, saying we can't leave the class because their lectures are important; whatever man, I NEED TO CHANGE MY PAD).

As I've said before, tampons scare me. The plastic applicator makes them seem dainty and appealing, but no thanks. I got roughed up by the cotton-exposed-nasty-hard tampons my mom has but doesn't use anymore.

Pad preference: medium flow pads with wings. :3 Only because the way I move causes me to stain the sides of my underwear and having that chaffing against my thigh is both disgusting and uncomfortable.

The Chexed Nut

Umbra Lux Lucis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:19 am
Eh, TSS is an outdated health hazard. You won't get it after four hours of wearing a tampon because the super absorbent (aka expanding) tampons aren't sold in the US anymore. Most likely, not in Canada either.

So yes...you could wear a tampon overnight if you wanted to, but that wouldn't be a very good idea. For the six hours of school though, it's all good.

Tampon = Daytime (I have gym this semester so this is a must -.-')
Pad= Nighttime

That's generally how I roll with my flow.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff