Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Item Quests
~ Cheeva's First Dream Avi Quest ~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How old are you IRL? (in real life)
  infant - 13
  13-18
  18-21
  21-30
  Gawd I'm old :
  Gimme your poll gold *yarrr!*
View Results

Chimaria

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:38 pm
razz i come visit in between workie here and there...

Hmmm...stable manager. Western or English rider? I will guess Western. How many years have you ridden? My kiddo used to ride. Damn good she was; until she discovered cars! Her rep still lives on...Favor us with a riding story...i still owe you one...  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:20 pm
User ImageFeed us
hows your quest coming along Cheeva?
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lilith Le Rouge

850 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Critic 0

CheevaWoW

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:09 pm

Well, first off, Thanks for all the bumps, etc... and Lilith my quest is going... slowly, lol razz I have been very busy around the house lately, and have been spending most of my online time on ZOMG, so I haven't been doing much to make gold... other than that. Its actually a bit better than the tracker shows, but I've decided to get a quest stamp, so I'm not updating till i'm past the gold I need for that smile

Secondly... I was originally a western rider. Recently tho, I've discovered that english saddles are AMAZING! There's nothing to them really, so they don't help you stay on the horse at all. Result? You have to learn to use your legs and muscles to keep yourself on. Which makes you a 100% better rider and is giving me some hardcore muscles, lol smile So, since I've had this job, I've ridden nothing but English. Save the time I went out trail riding with friends and didn't have my saddle with me. I felt boxed in, lol smile Silly western saddles.

A story eh? Well, lets see. You know what a Shire is? A big, draft horse, similiar to a clydesdale. Well, there is one at work... A big gentle mare who I ADORE smile She is something else to ride, and I look like a little kid on a dinosaur riding her. Nonetheless, I love it. One day I'm riding along, I had just started riding her and was trying to get a feel for it. That big ole trot is very hard to negotiate, lol. So there I am, be-boping along, I ask her to go right... apparently she saw some invisible cattle to the left that I did not and cuts hard left and Booop... there I go, right over her right shoulder. WHAMMO. Lemme tell you that's a long way down there xp Haha.. I was sore, but not hurt... and She of course bolted off and then came back over to nuzzle me and make sure I was alright.

I think that's the most interesting story I have right now. Most of my stories are just calm pleasant (ok, racing about dodging trees and groundskeepers on tractors is pleasant for me) whee rides about the grounds. Fields, woods, Pastures, gardens, etc etc. There are 7 horses, and each one is very unique and has a special place in my heart. heart

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:49 pm
yes...My kiddo's father told her to train on an english saddle for leg work. she rode gymkana.
Here is a short sweet story...My daughter's 4th horse was Prince. An Arabian who loved to compete with Quarters. Everytime he was "thinking about it" he would pace back and forth with his tail and mane flying about. They won the Diamond Award for best horse & rider team. Many times observers would be amazed and what slight movement Prince made to "save" his rider (there were many). When my daughter got a bit older, she wasn't able to spend as much time with Prince. She felt something awful about this. When she would come onto the property no matter where he was on the 7 acres, he would come running. She would come to know of a young rider who recently lost her horse, a horse her parents barely could afford to buy. She approached the girl 9 years old and discovered something inside the little girl that was in her. She went to Prince and he agreed to take care of the little girl and she had to promise never to sell Prince. if she would not be able to keep him, she was to call my daughter. She gave Prince to this little girl and to this day, i believe, they are still riding together.  

Chimaria

seriouscat_25

Mystical Cat

19,450 Points
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:59 pm
hiya, Cheeva...! Bump for you...!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:28 pm
User ImageFeed us
B U M P
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lilith Le Rouge

850 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Jeziebel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:51 am
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:20 pm
Oh what a great story Chimaria! That is awesome of your daughter to be so generous! I have sweet stories about the horses... Nothing like that one tho. They will lay their head on my shoulder and scratch my back (that one is a little scary sometimes with those teeth!) and give me kisses and nuzzles and nicker for me... I just love them. Sometimes I walk out in the pasture and one will come up and just walk with me, or come up and nuzzle me... makes my whole day. That's the most special to me. When they're out free to do as they chose and they chose to come be with me... they just give so much.

And thank you so much for all the bumps guys smile

Guess what! I just sold all the extra rings I got in ZOMG and made enough money to get my kelp o the lock 6th gen! biggrin AND, the one I got was evolved enough to have one of the poses for my dream avi! WOOT! How awesome is THAT! biggrin

CheevaWoW

Lilith Le Rouge

850 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:49 am
User ImageFeed us
^^, how are you?? heart
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:32 pm
CheevaWoW
Oh what a great story Chimaria! That is awesome of your daughter to be so generous! I have sweet stories about the horses... Nothing like that one tho. They will lay their head on my shoulder and scratch my back (that one is a little scary sometimes with those teeth!) and give me kisses and nuzzles and nicker for me... I just love them. Sometimes I walk out in the pasture and one will come up and just walk with me, or come up and nuzzle me... makes my whole day. That's the most special to me. When they're out free to do as they chose and they chose to come be with me... they just give so much.

heart yes this horse (a much as i love him) would come up to me and wipe his green slimy alfalfa on me ONLY when i was wearing white! what is up with that?!

Chimaria

anjhae_xorldane

Friendly Gaian

8,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:25 am
goodLuck CheevaWoW~ hope you'll vote me in the arena!~ mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:45 pm
good luck on your quest Cheeva, sending a little bit of change your way smile  

Kogane-Maru

6,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Tycoon 200

CheevaWoW

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:19 pm

Awwww thanks guys!

Thanks so much for the Donation Kogane! Woot woot! biggrin

@Chimaria ~ Lol I have so many like that. Today I was waiting on the owner to come by to ride, and had scrubbed the whole stables down. One of the horses, Trooper, has allergies and his nose runs all the time. I was cleaning his stall, and he kept leaning down to give me kisses while I was trying to clean. In the process, he whiped his snotty horse nose all over my coat about 4 times... just in time for the owner to come in and find me laughing hystarically covered in horse snot with a horse pulling my hood over my face -_- Those are the good times tho! That horse is a real gem smile

@Lilith ~ I am great! Well, great except that its been like 40-50 Degrees outside (F not C, lol) and I work outside >.< It rained all day today and was so cold! Otherwise I'm fantastic! Sadly too busy for much gaia tho. Thanks for asking smile

~Anjhae ~ I went by and voted didn't I? Lol... I know I looked at it cuz its your dream avi from your quest. Didn't I vote?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:29 pm
User ImageFeed us
i don't experience temperature change since my work keeps me caged in a cubicle drawing drafts xd i wanna get out of here (currently at work)
User Image

Lilith Le Rouge

850 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Adie05

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:24 am
cheeva~ your horse experiences are fun to read biggrin

and in one of your questions about changing avi images:
rightclick on the avatar image and either :
1. click on copy image location and then paste it in forums inbetween User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

or
2. click properties and the element window will pop up and copy paste the location and then paste it in forums inbetween User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

it should be changeable but its not immediate changing i think.
biggrin  
☆ Item Quests

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces