Reply Community Lounge
Worst Movies Ever Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Milk and Holy Water

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:12 pm
I don't really like most movies, and in fact I very rarely watch a movie all the way through. It is strange to see what movies people think are "the worst." Personally, I would list A.I. at least in my top 30, and Starship Troopers (the first, of course) was far more true to the spirit of the novel than it is often given credit for.

Most movies though, are absolutely terrible.

I'm surprised that no one here has mentioned Southland Tales, which I am always getting grief from my girlfriend and my roommate about. I think that Southland Tales is probably the greatest piece of modern cinema, but many people tend to disagree.

Like I said though, I tend to think movies are pretty bad, but I do have a, probably disproportionate appreciation for TV serials. I'd argue that a lot of the TV serials being made the past few years (Lost, Doctor Who/Torchwood, Fringe) are far better ways to spend time than Action Movie 3, Idiosyncratic Dating Comedy, or CGI Anthropomorphic Animal Movie.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:03 pm
User Image

Waku, you know GTR tried to get me to watch it again by telling me the plot of the story, and I thought it sounded retarded. However there's so many people holding that series in a golden ray of light it makes me sick. That and the fact that they're on what movie 5 now? Usually when movies go beyond 3 people are like "money grab" but not this one. Why is is any different? Because it's a new idea? I doubt it is, I'm sure if I looked hard enough I could find something really similar to it.

And thank you about Rent too! People were praising that movie. What the hell for? Because a bunch of kids can act gay? Yea, you can mother ******** act! That's not what you get payed for or anything.
User Image

God-Raped-Me

Esme Eames

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:06 pm
I thought Flashbacks of a Fool was not a good movie. I didn't like it. eek  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:27 pm
God-Raped-Me
User Image

Waku, you know GTR tried to get me to watch it again by telling me the plot of the story, and I thought it sounded retarded. However there's so many people holding that series in a golden ray of light it makes me sick. That and the fact that they're on what movie 5 now? Usually when movies go beyond 3 people are like "money grab" but not this one. Why is is any different? Because it's a new idea? I doubt it is, I'm sure if I looked hard enough I could find something really similar to it.

And thank you about Rent too! People were praising that movie. What the hell for? Because a bunch of kids can act gay? Yea, you can mother ******** act! That's not what you get payed for or anything.
User Image

I just hate the people who go on about how the Jigsaw guy doesn't really kill anyone and he's trying to make people not take their lives for granted! Bullshit, I say. If I have to go muddling through some guy's intestines, killing him, to get me a key to save my life...I think it's pretty safe to say I'll be spending the rest of my life traumatized and mentally unstable and not so much with the taking a new lease out on life.

And the characters of Rent are all deadbeat losers who whine because having a job is "selling out to the man!" and they shouldn't have to pay rent, and it's okay to have sex with people without telling them you have AIDs! Oh, they have AIDs too? It's okay now! WTF?

@ aretoo - I have not. I don't want Hugh Jackman ruined for me... gonk

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:31 pm
What I don't get is why if you tell someone you don't like Rent, they assume you don't like musicals. Ugggh.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:47 pm
Alarias
What I don't get is why if you tell someone you don't like Rent, they assume you don't like musicals. Ugggh.

Yeah. Generally when someone says they don't like one musical, people assume they didn't like it because it was a musical. I can safely safe I hated Rent and Oklahoma because of their plotlines and characters. Breaking out into song and dance had nothing to do with it.

On the subject, the musical Carousel totally condones wife beating. It's rather messed up. But the ending pretty much says that if the wife really loves her husband...his beatings won't hurt...<3

Freaky. And again...why, Hugh Jackman, why?!

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:58 pm
wakusei
    On the subject, the musical Carousel totally condones wife beating. It's rather messed up. But the ending pretty much says that if the wife really loves her husband...his beatings won't hurt...<3

rofl That's a good one...ahaha....ahhh man. I might have to watch that lol  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:28 am
User Image

That's a great message to send out to people. So it's ok for me to get my a** beaten because I love my man. Ya really nice. Some movies are just retarded! Such as Vulgar. Love Kevin Smith movies, the ones I've seen anyways, hate that one though. I just didn't understand the point of making a movie like that. It was depressing and disturbing!
User Image

God-Raped-Me

YoshiKaji

Quotable Conversationalist

3,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:38 am
Epic Movie...need I say any more?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:25 am
YoshiKaji
Epic Movie...need I say any more?

yeah... i thought that movie was kinda dumb too... but i wonder about disaster movie i wanna watch that  

Leader of the Penguins

Beloved Elder

7,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200

chocolatepancakeninja

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:42 am
well...i would have to say Teen Age Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 was really bad i swear also um super Mario bros what the hell were they thinking?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:55 am
Try Troll 2.  

divineseraph

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:28 am
Speed Racer.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:50 am
The super mario brothers movie.
Dear lord...
gonk

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

takara kagami

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:30 am
I work at a movie store, so I am able to rent three movies for free. Usually we are supposed to watch the major new releases, so that we can advise customers better. The two movies I have seen lately that were pretty bad, were Step Brothers, and Surfer Dude.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff