Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:56 am
You know that being coy is just as bad as arrogant. You can dodge my point about flying if you like, but you can't dodge everything. Also it's pretty arrogant to play coy with someone. I'm twice as arrogant and twice as honest about it little miss pot.

Lets start at step one as you cannot comprehend the problem here and are under the impression that I have an opinion about what the ******** to call soy milk.
I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE ******** MILK. Your logic was ******** up and I called you on it, and then I told your husband I didn't care because this is ******** semantics and I don't give two shits about semantics. You can call it bean seaman for all I care it doesn't matter to me, and that's not what I am talking about. Your reasoning was that the world calls it Milk and the world can't be wrong. That is complete bullshit as the world has been wrong before and thus your claim, while valid, is based on incorrect reasoning and here we are. Now that ends this discussion, but I am a bit of a history buff so....

Lets look at history.

People who thought the world was flat (which is a relatively small amount of time for recored history as the Greeks and Egyptians proved that it was round, found the circumferance of the Earth, and predicted the solar eclipse, and saw the shadow of the earth on the moon, and well just about everything else) provided evidence to the claim (also the never really thought it was flat more so a bowl or dome of some kind). They used visual evidence (ie; looking around I can't see the curve so it's not there) theological tales, and other flawed reasonings to "prove" it. It makes sense logically so people bought it.

Then a smart man named Eratosthenes did an experiment in which he proved the earth round using proportions and found the circumferance of the earth to an insane 99% accuracy. This along with the other items mention above destroyed any proof that the earth was flat. Everyone knew the Earth was round by Columbus' time and they knew his measurements of Asia were bullshit so no one listened to him.

That is contrary to your claim that we have to disprove claims rather then prove them. You are the same type of person that says "There is a god and you can't DISPROVE it." this is not how ANYONE in the real world operates. The law, math, jobs, school, science, and sports is like that. I guess they don't teach the scientific method where you live.

You would make a shitty biologist because you will be prone to use bad arguments to prove a correct point poisoning the entire experiment you would run.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:51 am
Saverio C.
Shram
Saverio C.
God-Raped-Me
User Image

Sav, that's how the world works. People believe something until it's proved otherwise. The world was flat until it was proven otherwise. The sun revolved around the earth, until it was proven otherwise. Therefore, soy milk is soy milk until proven otherwise. Those who believe differently will be mocked for it. History repeats itself, however in this case soy milk will always be called milk. That was all I was trying to say.
User Image

Only an idiot believes something until it's proven untrue. You don't believe something until you see proof of it. That's how it works, you prove your claim, not wait for others to disprove it.

You prove it is milk and then we are forced to combat your claim. If we do things your way then I'll claim I can fly and now you have to disprove it. It's an absurd way to live your life.

The fact that you would mock someone for disagreeing with you is also absurd. Especially when his point isn't ridiculous. I'm glad you aren't a scientist.

I am an old ATG member =]

The world is filled mostly with idiots

Click here to PM Me regarding ATG.
I am not a Mod but I am a regular and will always answer if you ask =]

And this means what? Did I miss something because you all are under the assumption that idiots decide what's right and wrong. Idiots don't even run on that bullshit logic anyway.

Also ******** your pessimistic view about humanity.

Who says its pessimistic xD
I'm glad there are so many idiots out there, Makes it easier for me.

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:52 am
Stop being optimistic about the pessimism!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:58 pm
User Image

I know you don't care about the milk thing, that was for the other person. I'm sure she keeps looking in and now she'll see I'M RIGHT! You said right off the bat you didn't care, I just wanted to use it because that's what my topic is about, Soy milk.

As for me being coy, no I'm not. You just didn't word what you said properly and I used that against you. People can fly we do it all the time. We can't fly without assistance though.

I have another example for you and it pertains to flying as a matter of fact.

The Wright brothers. People said you can't fly. There is no way in hell you can ever make something that will allow humans to fly. But they did, proving everyone wrong. They took something everyone believed and proved it to be wrong.

Honestly, I believe that proving and disproving are two sides of the same coin. To me I could be proving something, and to someone else it's disproving, or vice versa, I could be disproving something while someone is proving it. I just used the argument to my advantage. Proving and disproving are the same thing, it just depends what side of the argument you're on.

I'm the type of person who says "Although you say there is a god and you can't disprove it, at the same time you can't PROVE it either."
User Image

God-Raped-Me

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:05 pm
God-Raped-Me
User Image

I know you don't care about the milk thing, that was for the other person. I'm sure she keeps looking in and now she'll see I'M RIGHT! You said right off the bat you didn't care, I just wanted to use it because that's what my topic is about, Soy milk.

As for me being coy, no I'm not. You just didn't word what you said properly and I used that against you. People can fly we do it all the time. We can't fly without assistance though.

I have another example for you and it pertains to flying as a matter of fact.

The Wright brothers. People said you can't fly. There is no way in hell you can ever make something that will allow humans to fly. But they did, proving everyone wrong. They took something everyone believed and proved it to be wrong.

Honestly, I believe that proving and disproving are two sides of the same coin. To me I could be proving something, and to someone else it's disproving, or vice versa, I could be disproving something while someone is proving it. I just used the argument to my advantage. Proving and disproving are the same thing, it just depends what side of the argument you're on.

I'm the type of person who says "Although you say there is a god and you can't disprove it, at the same time you can't PROVE it either."
User Image

You weren't being coy? You just told me what I meant, and knew what I was saying but chose to be annoyingly evasive about it which is the definition of coy. Now I used your coyness against you.

The people who said flying machine wouldn't happen said so with the stipulation that it wouldn't be heavier then air. This changes things because they didn't understand lift and drag or other aerodynamic properties. They had evidence to their cause until the Wright Brothers did their thing. You fail to note that these people didn't just say that it wouldn't happen they backed up their claim with evidence. Their evidence was that items with more weight cannot float on top of an item of lesser weight.

If you make a claim you have to prove it before someone can disprove it. If I call a man a child molester I have to prove it, if I say I did my homework I have to prove I did, and if I say that heavier then air flying machines will never happen I have to show why. That's how science works, and that's how the modern and intelligent world works. You bring the evidence of your side of the argument before I can disprove your claim.

You are some sort of shoddy philosopher not any sort of scientist or student of it. Thus I am talking to some sort of wall that absorbs rational thought in the worst of ways, and spits out ambiguity.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:52 pm
No I'm sorry it's your gayness that makes you gay.

Except for Saverio. Gayness doesn't work on him. dramallama Rock on, Sav.  

Paul Kattner

5,200 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:57 pm
Paul Kattner
No I'm sorry it's your gayness that makes you gay.

Except for Saverio. Gayness doesn't work on him. dramallama Rock on, Sav.

Damn right (I feel like I am walking into some sort of sick trap)  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:23 pm

yeah you're probably being set up for a date with soymilkman

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:58 pm
User Image

Sav, I'm done trying to argue this with you. I refuse to be the one you decide to be an a** to. Go find a noob for that. Sorry to ruin your game I'm just too exhausted right now to try, maybe later we can carry on with our little game. It was fun though, thanks! 3nodding

It's the soymilkman a cross dresser? That would be cool! Or not, I donno I'm too tired to know.
User Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:50 am
Sanzoskitsune
Ok to the first part intended towards Kals, you do realize it was mentioned earlier that it was a different kind of estrogen? It wouldn't have the same affects on the human body as the estrogen we produce naturally. Yeah estrogen would have those affects on males but only estrogen that is similar to that which is naturally produced. So even if a person just ate soy all the time... hell if they shot the stuff into their veins every couple of hours it still wouldn't have the same affect as the estrogen in the body, probably wouldn't be good effects but still not the same.

As for the second part, I just don't see the risk personally (and neither does science). Yeah there are things that will damage the fetus but those things are usually well.. some form of drug. From what I can tell, soy isn't a drug unless we've been dealing with it wrong...
I am aware that it is a different estrogen... as a matter of fact, I myself said it was a different estrogen if you read my other posts. I was merely pointing out the fact that estrogen can make changes to the body since the person I quoted was acting as if it doesn't and other people were stating that males already have estrogen and thus more wouldn't do anything. I am fully aware that soy would not cause such changes and it would require actual estrogen.

As for soy during pregnancy, I see nothing wrong with being cautious as long as it isn't to the point in which it causes an inconvenience, stress, or paranoia. I do no eat much soy as it is, so in reality, I would not need to really change anything in the event I was pregnant. I stated twice already that I would not avoid it, but rather avoid over consumption. Too much of anything is not good for you, regardless.

I also wanted to point out that I was not saying that coconut milk should be called coconut juice as at least one person seemed to think. I was comparing the recent debate of whether soy milk should be called milk with coconut milk. Coconut milk is coconut milk... not many people will argue that it is such. Soy milk is only attacked because people use it as a replacement to cow's milk and is considered "fake milk" because of it.

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:26 am
MiroIsBored
Sanzoskitsune
Ok to the first part intended towards Kals, you do realize it was mentioned earlier that it was a different kind of estrogen? It wouldn't have the same affects on the human body as the estrogen we produce naturally. Yeah estrogen would have those affects on males but only estrogen that is similar to that which is naturally produced. So even if a person just ate soy all the time... hell if they shot the stuff into their veins every couple of hours it still wouldn't have the same affect as the estrogen in the body, probably wouldn't be good effects but still not the same.

As for the second part, I just don't see the risk personally (and neither does science). Yeah there are things that will damage the fetus but those things are usually well.. some form of drug. From what I can tell, soy isn't a drug unless we've been dealing with it wrong...
I am aware that it is a different estrogen... as a matter of fact, I myself said it was a different estrogen if you read my other posts. I was merely pointing out the fact that estrogen can make changes to the body since the person I quoted was acting as if it doesn't and other people were stating that males already have estrogen and thus more wouldn't do anything. I am fully aware that soy would not cause such changes and it would require actual estrogen.

As for soy during pregnancy, I see nothing wrong with being cautious as long as it isn't to the point in which it causes an inconvenience, stress, or paranoia. I do no eat much soy as it is, so in reality, I would not need to really change anything in the event I was pregnant. I stated twice already that I would not avoid it, but rather avoid over consumption. Too much of anything is not good for you, regardless.

I also wanted to point out that I was not saying that coconut milk should be called coconut juice as at least one person seemed to think. I was comparing the recent debate of whether soy milk should be called milk with coconut milk. Coconut milk is coconut milk... not many people will argue that it is such. Soy milk is only attacked because people use it as a replacement to cow's milk and is considered "fake milk" because of it.
Ah all right then I thought you were making that commentary as if the estrogen in SOY would be what affected someone. If you're talking about naturally occurring estrogen then yes, I agree with you. Too much estrogen in a male body will affect him physically.

And for the soy during pregnancy, I was under the impression you meant avoid soy completely. It just seemed pointless to me since it's been proven not to cause any damage. You're right though, over consumption of ANYTHING is bad.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:09 am
Quote:
Estrogens are female hormones. If you're a woman, you're flooding your system with a substance it can't handle in surplus.

BULLSHIT! You need to be taking steroids before your hormones go THAT buggy. Some women have far higher and lower levels of oestrogen than others and adding or taking away from that rarely does much at all.

-Formerly La Belle Isolde-

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Trish the Stalker

That 60s Chick

Dapper Wench

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:19 pm
Um, okay.

EVERYONE knows not to believe everything you read on the internet. Or at least everyone should.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:29 am
God-Raped-Me
User Image

Sav, I'm done trying to argue this with you. I refuse to be the one you decide to be an a** to. Go find a noob for that. Sorry to ruin your game I'm just too exhausted right now to try, maybe later we can carry on with our little game. It was fun though, thanks! 3nodding

It's the soymilkman a cross dresser? That would be cool! Or not, I donno I'm too tired to know.
User Image

Indeed he is and he Loves Sav's bumbum =D

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5