Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lazycommie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:03 pm
God-Raped-Me
User Image

Steph, He said that all gypsies are thieves. And the fact that he is tieing in all the bad happenings to them is wrong as well. He has no proof, and this shouldn't have been said. He could have said "there are bad happenings, and recently gypsies have moved in, I THINK they may have something to do with it but I can't prove it", but he didn't. Also, there never fails to be an EDIT button, that's what it's there for. You go and edit your post in the edit you address who you want to talk to.

Romany gypsies are still a group of people. Are all Jews great at math and penny-pinch? ******** no. How about Mexican people, are they all lazy, tired people who are only good at border hopping and selling bags of oranges? Nope, don't think so. How about the Scottish, are we all bloody thirsty people who will lob off your head as soon as we can? Well I might be, but the rest of us aren't. You are labeling without proof which, in many people's eyes, IS TOTALLY WRONG!
User Image

ROMANY =/= GYPSY. I've said this a thousand times. There can be Romany Gypsies, or Irish ones, or even Hungarian ones(so I've heard, never encountered any Romany ones though). I have defined the term "gypsy" in this manner earlier this page, and have done similar about two pages back I think. Try reading stuff. As for "proof", I've demonstrated that this happens whenever they come here, as it has numerous times before. It doesn't help that we're not very far away from a very large group of Irish Gypsies(in a town not too far from here), who the local PD have had to negotiate with in the past.

@Steph:

The "response" you mention doesn't come from any Romanys here, only from bogus PC police who are looking for something to be offended by. In defending my use of the term, I have done nothing but defend it as such. My examples and explanations provided as to how I have come to my conclusion have not affected that, as I have stated before, gypsy =/= romany(and never will). I don't know whether it's Irish, Romany or some other group of gypsies. Gypsies = Gypsies(although some kinds are significantly worse than others).  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:04 pm
XxStephasaurusxXxRexxX
I'm not defending him, I just meant to point out that it's likely difficult to juggle three, four, or five conversations at once. People forget things, sometimes, is all I was saying.
@ Lazy: You don't have to be Romany to disagree with the usage of the word gypsy in your OP (which is, frankly, inflammatory.)

There is a difference between "disagree" and "jump on him because we all want everything as PC as possible!!!!!!"  

lazycommie

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:06 pm
Sorry Agent, didn't know the song, you along with a bunch of others are not included in my first post.

@Lazycommie
lazycommie
so until I see otherwise i'm considering them to have done it.

THIS! THIS RIGHT MOTHER ******** HERE! You are ASSUMING that because of some s**t they did, or are SAID to have done, that BAM it MUST be them! No that's NOT how anything works. You are INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY! Not the other way around. And you claim to know about law, the ******** you do. I do read, instead of insulting and skimming. Learn before spewing s**t from your mouth, or in this case typing it.

Oh and...

Quote:
"a person of Latin-American or Spanish-speaking descent."
User Image

Taken from Wiki, That was the FIRST definition of latino. So yes, blacks, whites, hell even isralies who can speak spanish can throw Latino at the beginning of their race. This does not make them a different race though! They are still English or french or whatever the hell else.

Edit sad Oh my god, I'm using an edit button... stare ) I don't care what ******** race the Gypsies are from, the fact that you labeled ALL gypsies as bad is what is getting everyone's goat. You have NO proof, which means you nor anyone else, has actually seen them do these crimes. You may think that it's them but you can't pin it on them until you have that sort of proof. That would be like saying "Well black people have killed people in the past, they must be killing people now." It doesn't work like that.
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:13 pm
God-Raped-Me
Sorry Agent, didn't know the song, you along with a bunch of others are not included in my first post.

@Lazycommie
lazycommie
so until I see otherwise i'm considering them to have done it.

THIS! THIS RIGHT MOTHER ******** HERE! You are ASSUMING that because of some s**t they did, or are SAID to have done, that BAM it MUST be them! No that's NOT how anything works. You are INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY! Not the other way around. And you claim to know about law, the ******** you do. I do read, instead of insulting and skimming. Learn before spewing s**t from your mouth, or in this case typing it.

Oh and...

Quote:
"a person of Latin-American or Spanish-speaking descent."
User Image

Taken from Wiki, That was the FIRST definition of latino. So yes, blacks, whites, hell even isralies who can speak spanish can throw Latino at the beginning of their race. This does not make them a different race though! They are still English or french or whatever the hell else.
User Image

"Until I see otherwise". Basically, until I see or hear of something which changes the situation, I'm GOING ON THE THINGS WHICH I KNOW in order to draw a suitable conclusion. I don't need proof enough to hold a friggin jury trial!

"Latin-American or Spanish speaking descent" does not mean that they necessarily speak spanish, just that they are of descent that does(which would include all hispanics, as well as non-hispanic latinos from other latin origins). The ey word is descent. It has nothing to do with language, as even your own source shows. Give it up, you're not hot s**t.  

lazycommie

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:15 pm
It doesn't matter WHO got upset, Lazy. The fact is that you stepped in it and got caught trying to wipe it on the carpet.
PC is bullshit, but using offensive terminology is not the correct way to protest it.
No one here said that gypsies are Romany, though Tae referenced a historical context earlier in the thread, which gave us a specific name to use.

Gypsies =/= thieves.
White =/= racist.
Blacks =/= lazy and thuggish.
Hispanic, Latino, etc =/= baby-farting subversives.
Everyone can agree on this? Then there is no more discussion.

No one that you are currently speaking to suggested that you edit yourself to be more PC. We all just want you to quit being overtly and offensively racist.

If you don't require of yourself proof to assume someone is guilty, that's great. But you don't have to force your conclusions on everyone else here.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:21 pm
XxStephasaurusxXxRexxX
It doesn't matter WHO got upset, Lazy. The fact is that you stepped in it and got caught trying to wipe it on the carpet.
PC is bullshit, but using offensive terminology is not the correct way to protest it.
No one here said that gypsies are Romany, though Tae referenced a historical context earlier in the thread, which gave us a specific name to use.

Gypsies =/= thieves.
White =/= racist.

No one that you are currently speaking to suggested that you edit yourself to be more PC. We all just want you to quit being overtly and offensively racist.

If you don't require of yourself proof to assume someone is guilty, that's great. But you don't have to force your conclusions on everyone else here.

"Romany =/= traveling thief" than anything specifically to address Gypsies.

I never forced a conclusion. I even, in my OP, stated that it wasn't a dead sure thing, but rather operating on an assumption(although I'm pretty much dead sure now, based on further information I've gathered today and already stated).  

lazycommie

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:22 pm
lazycommie
"Until I see otherwise". Basically, until I see or hear of something which changes the situation, I'm GOING ON THE THINGS WHICH I KNOW in order to draw a suitable conclusion. I don't need proof enough to hold a friggin jury trial!

"Latin-American or Spanish speaking descent" does not mean that they necessarily speak spanish, just that they are of descent that does(which would include all hispanics, as well as non-hispanic latinos from other latin origins). The ey word is descent. It has nothing to do with language, as even your own source shows. Give it up, you're not hot s**t.
User Image

I hate to break LIFE to you but you need PROOF to hold ANY trial. Trying to do so without gets YOUR a** in jail, or at least fined. You know NOTHING about law so stop trying, you're just making yourself look even more stupid.

Spanish speaking descent.....

Spanish speaking descent..

Spanish speaking descent....

Um, I'm pretty sure speaking... means to speak.... and therefore spanish speaking decent means they speak MOTHER ******** SPANISH! If your parents or their parents speak, oh my god, spanish, then THAT is what would make you Latino. And it's even better if YOU speak it too! Seriously... learn English!
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:24 pm
lazycommie
XxStephasaurusxXxRexxX

Gypsies =/= thieves.
White =/= racist.

I never forced a conclusion. I even, in my OP, stated that it wasn't a dead sure thing, but rather operating on an assumption(although I'm pretty much dead sure now, based on further information I've gathered today and already stated).

By posting that you believe without proof or evidence that these people are guily of committing crimes by virtue of a moniker applied to them more than a hundred years ago, you forced your conclusion.
I wasn't clarifying, I was stating a fact. Gypsies are not thieves by virtue of being gypsies. Thieves are thieves because they steal, not because they were stigmatized by the majority ages ago.  

The Dinosaur Next Door

lazycommie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:29 pm
XxStephasaurusxXxRexxX
lazycommie
XxStephasaurusxXxRexxX

Gypsies =/= thieves.
White =/= racist.

By posting that you believe without proof or evidence that these people are guily of committing crimes by virtue of a moniker applied to them more than a hundred years ago, you forced your conclusion.
I wasn't clarifying, I was stating a fact. Gypsies are not thieves by virtue of being gypsies. Thieves are thieves because they steal, not because they were stigmatized by the majority ages ago.

Gypsies =/= Romanys. No matter what the reaction of people, that does not make them as such. As a matter of fact, given that the term "gypsy" is a derogatory term for a certain culture of people, it could be considered offensive to lump the two together.

@ GRM:

You, again, fail to actually read the meaning of a sentence and instead seem to intentionally misinterpret whatever you read. My mention of "not needing enough evidence to hold a friggin jury trial" HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HOLDING A TRIAL OF ANY SORT, but rather has to do with not needing a huge body of evidence(as required to hold any trial) to draw a conclusion.

Also, "descent". As in one's origin.

I'd also like to provide some other interesting stuff from the page you provided which also undermines your claim that it has anything to do with spanish speaking.

Sometimes "Latino" is used interchangeably with "Latin", as Latino is also defined as a "Latin inhabitant of the United States";[14] and sometimes it is used interchangeably with "Latin American".[15] As a demonym, though, "Latin" can have other meanings:[16][17]

* "a native or inhabitant of Latium; an ancient Roman."
* "a member of any of the Latin peoples, or those speaking chiefly Romance languages, esp. a native of or émigré from Latin America."
* "a member of the Latin Church; a Roman Catholic, as distinguished from a member of the Greek Church."
* "A Latino or Latina."

"Latin American" may also not mean the same as "Latino," depending on which definition of the latter is used. A Spaniard, for example, though a "Latino" by some definitions, is not a Latin American. The term "Latin American", in turn, though normally applied to inhabitants of Latin America, is nevertheless preferred by some individuals and organizations in the United States.[18][19][20] "Latin American" is defined as:

* "A native or inhabitant of Latin America."[21]
* "A person of Latin-American descent."[21]

Latin American does not necessarily mean latino does not necessarily mean spanish speaking. Latino translates to "Latin" amongst the "romance languages".

On the various government forms and such, under "race", they have multiple categories. There's typically "hispanic" as well as "latino, non-hispanic". I am a mix of the latter and white, as I am NOT hispanic.

You continue to use the term "latino" where you mean hispanic.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:32 pm
lazycommie
XxStephasaurusxXxRexxX
lazycommie
XxStephasaurusxXxRexxX

Gypsies =/= thieves.
White =/= racist.

Gypsies =/= Romanys. No matter what the reaction of people, that does not make them as such. As a matter of fact, given that the term "gypsy" is a derogatory term for a certain culture of people, it could be considered offensive to lump the two together.

I'm not arguing with you about that. I agree with that; I've said that myself.
I mean to say exactly what I have. Gypsies are not thieves. Thieves are thieves. If a thief happens to be of Romany/Irish descent, they're STILL not a gypsy, they're only a thief.  

The Dinosaur Next Door

lazycommie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:40 pm
XxStephasaurusxXxRexxX
lazycommie
XxStephasaurusxXxRexxX
lazycommie
XxStephasaurusxXxRexxX

Gypsies =/= thieves.
White =/= racist.

I mean to say exactly what I have. Gypsies are not thieves. Thieves are thieves. If a thief happens to be of Romany/Irish descent, they're STILL not a gypsy, they're only a thief.

A thief or Romany/Irish descent is a thief. However, a Gypsy is a thief, of a specific kind(one that tends to travel the country, or at the very least a common route, in familial groups). So Gypsy = specific kind of thief.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:43 pm
lazycommie
XxStephasaurusxXxRexxX
lazycommie
XxStephasaurusxXxRexxX
lazycommie

A thief or Romany/Irish descent is a thief. However, a Gypsy is a thief, of a specific kind(one that tends to travel the country, or at the very least a common route, in familial groups). So Gypsy = specific kind of thief.

To you. To the rest of us:
dictionary.com

1. a member of a nomadic, Caucasoid people of generally swarthy complexion, who migrated originally from India, settling in various parts of Asia, Europe, and, most recently, North America.
2. Romany; the language of the Gypsies.
3. (lowercase) a person held to resemble a gypsy, esp. in physical characteristics or in a traditionally ascribed freedom or inclination to move from place to place.
4. (lowercase) Informal. gypsy cab.
5. (lowercase) Informal. an independent, usually nonunion trucker, hauler, operator, etc.
6. (lowercase) Slang. a chorus dancer, esp. in the Broadway theater.
7. (lowercase) gyp 1 (def. 4).

–adjective 8. of or pertaining to the Gypsies.
9. (lowercase) Informal. working independently or without a license: gypsy truckers.

The Dinosaur Next Door

lazycommie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:46 pm
I stand corrected.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:55 pm
I appreciate your willingness to discuss. I enjoyed this (frustrating as it was.) biggrin  

The Dinosaur Next Door

lazycommie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:58 pm
XxStephasaurusxXxRexxX
I appreciate your willingness to discuss. I enjoyed this (frustrating as it was.) biggrin

As did I. Good debate/argument is always fun, win or lose.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff