Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply RP/Game
Undakai Incorporated: Rolling Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:49 pm
"Oh, Tsuj. I'm just a man." Lin replied coolly, smiling a bit. "A simple man, with simple toys. Unlike the rest of you I'm not blessed with the power to teleport or to make things combust or to manipulate water. Also..."

He grasped for one of Jimmy's knives on the counter and slit his wrist. "...I bleed." He laughed at that, then grabbed a roll of silk bandages from his inside blazer pocket to dress the wound. What very few -- save Saverio -- knew was that the wound would heal more rapidly than normal. It was handy, but not exactly useful at its current stage of ability, but by the time he finished the bandaging the wound had stopped bleeding.

"Because of this whole mortality, I can't take him out alone." Lin added, pacing around slowly. Indeed he could take Saverio by himself. But he wasn't prepared for it, and the time it would take to prepare for such a task would be highly inefficient. The next best thing to do, then, is to have people help him with his work. "But, I figure these two individuals would be willing to help me out."

He ignored Tsuj's comment about UndaCorp's help, looked at the photograph, and smirked a bit. "Really? You ask me this? You should know..."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:14 pm
That the Lin fellow was odd, Pisces had no doubt. He listened intently to his explanation and nodded a few times in understanding, but he felt uneasy at the implications of accepting such a task. The fact that money was involved set his mind to work at once. Any time money is an object, there are always consequences, he pondered. He looked from the computer to Lin's wrist and then to the man Lin had addressed as "Tsuj."

This would all been easier to understand with coffee and food in his system. He put the bottle away and rose to his feet. He pulled a cup from behind the counter of the stall and set it on the counter. Then, he produced a few coffee beans from his pocket and crushed them in his hand. Finally, he raised a hand. The air around it seemed to quiver and tremble as a mist slowly rose from Pisces' sleeve. A small cloud formed just above his hand, then began to condense.

Pisces positioned the been grounds on a filter, also from his pocket, and set the filter on the cup, directing the condensing cloud of mist over the pile of bean grounds. Slowly the coffee began to brew, filling the air around it with the husky smell.

"Your offer intrigues me, Lin, but I'm not easily swayed by the green stuff. What sort of help did you have in mind?"  

Spifflicious

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:21 pm
"Money? Did I mention money?" Lin replied with a laugh, inserting the SHIELD card back into his computer, which caused it to turn back into the shield strapped onto his right arm earlier. "I mentioned UndaCorp would pay you quite handsomely, but money was never explicitly said."

Checking the straps of the shield to insure that it was secured, he sat down on the stool and swiveled a bit. He paused for a second, as if in thought, looking at the sky. Then he returned to face Pisces once more. "I need support -- to help me keep Saverio out of important UndaCorp grounds. I will battle him and try to get him out, but should I get in over my head you all will enter.

"Payment... well... what kinds of things are you looking for?" He asked, looking him in the eyes with a smile that was warm, yet chill, at the same time. "What can we get you?"  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:50 pm
"This sounds right up my alley, actually. I am a mercenary, after all. And I have reason to be after the man you call 'Saverio' anyway" Roland said and growled in the direction the man had taken off in.  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:00 pm
Saverio saw an Undacorp train docked on tracks and Erverain investigating it. The train came to a screeching halt, and Saverio jumped off the top of the train. Checking his appearance and scowling at the hole in the back of his jacket he sighed heavily. Finally remembering that Ererain was here he spoke. "Now I know that you aren't here for the same reason I am! What brings you to this neck of the woods?" Saverio was actually curious. He could always use another person causing chaos in Undacorp. "Fighting all alone is never any fun." Saverio noted to himself.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:41 pm
"Ah, I thought it was you Saverio. How have you been since the Incident? Me personally, I've been trying my hand at inventing. I was actually think of using one of the old trains to make Jimmy a fireproof cart. It always seems to be on fire these days... Oh, who put that hole in such a nice coat? Nobody that knows anything about you messes with your coats on purpose."
Erv thought a bit on the last statement Saverio said.
"Oh, but I'm not fighting anything at the moment. I just thought that scavenging some old UndaCorp junk would be a bit more profitable than exploding every couple of days. It's amazing how often a napkin dispenser can catch on fire in one day..."
Then again, anything within visual range of you tends to burst into flames regardless of its flame-retardant nature. I doubt even I could make something that wouldn't explode if you focused enough.  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:30 pm
Lin clasped his hands together and smiled at Roland. "Perfect, perfect. You won't regret helping us out." He replied as he pressed the button on his computer to activate his hoverskate shoes once more. He noticed earlier that Roland had a motorcycle so he smirked and pointed the route for him. "Don't worry; I can catch up. As for you..." he said to Pisces, "...think about it? I could really use your help. If you want to help out, just head toward the large building..."

On that note, he began skating toward the path toward UndaCorp Headquarters.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:36 pm
"Some new guy took a pop shot at me, and I will deal with him later." Saverio noted about his coat with a scowl. Turning his attention else where "If it is fire retardant materials, I'd wager that the R&D up stairs would have something in your tastes." He said as he pointed up assuming they where under Undacorp. "You don't even really have to fight, I am going up anyway, so feel free to wander behind me and take what you need." Saverio knew he wouldn't convince him to fight, even getting him inside would be a challenge, but if he did then he would have a second body inside Undacorp. "So long as I keep them off guard long enough I will have more then enough time to get what I need done." He calculated to himself.

Nodding to himself knowing he did all he could he started to walk up the stairs to Undacorp waving to Erverain as he climbed out of the metro tunnels and into the new battle field. "Even without Lin or Slim here I will have to deal with something I'm sure." He assumed as he stepped out in front of the Undacorperation Head Quarters. "Oh the memories!" he smirked as he started to walk towards the front door.  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:54 pm
Roland ran to his bike and started it up. Such was the life of a mercenary. Sometimes he was a hired soldier, other times a bodyguard. There were also times when he was given a target, such as now. "Keep to business, don't get yourself involved more than you need to be," he told himself. He opened the throttle on his bike and took off on the path that Lin had given him.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:34 am
Pisces rose to his feet as Roland shot off on his motorcycle and Lin strode off in his own direction. Only the man with the scarf remained at the stall, seated quietly with his drink. Pisces regarded him with subtlety, hoping he wouldn't catch unnecessary attention. Another face of mystery, he thought. Another prospective answer to the questions left unanswered. He recalled the question Lin had asked, "Well... what kinds of things are you looking for?" What was he looking for? The more he thought about it, really tried to sort it out, the more frustrated he became. The honest truth was that he didn't know. He had power, but he didn't know why or where to use it. He knew the city had history, but he didn't know how deep the roots ran.

He wanted answers. About himself and about others. About the city and especially about UndaCorp. Why were they so ominous and overbearing? What secrets did they keep with those they recruited, and how exactly did they go about recruiting? At that moment, Pisces made a conscious decision. He turned to Tsuji and nodded, "There's more to all this than Lin is telling me, isn't there?" He knew the man would know. Hell, everyone seemed to know more than him. Except the hired gun. Roland knew his own path.

"Where do you stand in all this?" Pisces ventured. He could be treading on thin ice, but then again... thin ice was where he was most comfortable.  

Spifflicious

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:07 pm
Erv waved in dismissal. "No, my business is strictly scavenge-based. I'm not quite ready for corporate piracy. I don't have a hat nearly piratical enough. And besides, the train over here could potentially be exactly what I need. One in the hand is worth two in the bush, you know. But, I suppose you'll just be off having fun." By this point Erv was talking to himself, as Saverio had already ascended into UndaCorp proper.
Well, I suppose I'll just cut out a section of the old model and escape before the fireworks start.
Moving to the derelict older train (on a separate track, of course), Erv set the IPPR to beam mode and started to carve sections of the flame-retardant material from the train.
After several minutes of harvesting, Erv had a small pile of decently sized portions stacked behind him.
"Well, these should be enough for now. These four pieces here can go on Jimmy's cart for blast protection, and the rest will be used in my dispenser project. I'll have plenty just in case."  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:55 pm
"Ding" is the all Saverio heard as he entered the building. He did his best to keep his head down so people didn't recognize him as he walked into the belly of his beast. Taking a seat in the lobby he opened his case and "dropped" a container under the chair. It would do it's job and clear the place out, but in the mean time he had to get out of the area or he would be in trouble himself. Stepping into the bathroom he waited 30 seconds and heard the sounds of people gagging and coughing. His container was a crude weapon, a stink bomb. Perfectly harmless, and very conspicuous. Saverio put some vapor rub under his nostrils and walked up to the elevator. It was key coded and he didn't have a card of any kind, well aside from C4. He blew the elevator door open with one charge and blew a gaping hole in the floor with a second more powerful charge.  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:39 am
Roland eventually arrived at his destination in time to see people pouring out of the main doors, coughing and gagging. "So, he's here alright. Lets see what we can find." Roland parked his bike and waited by the front door for Lin  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:01 pm
Much to Saverio's surprise, the people in the building continued their general hustle and bustle, as if the stink bomb had no effect on the populace. None of the individuals seemed to even notice Saverio blowing up the elevator door. However, 'none of the individuals' does not mean all of the individuals. A small group of people departed from their general line of work and calmly began to walk toward Saverio.

Lin smiled and turned off his hover skates, looking at Roland with a pleased demeanor. He noted the stench of the place, wrinkled his nose a bit, took out two gas masks (UndaCorp made, and looks like a regular white hospital mask), put one on, and offered one to Roland. "It seems our friend has gotten in, as I imagined he would." Lin said, more to himself, as he took out his keycard, beckoning for Roland to follow.

((Slim, I hope this wasn't overstepping my bounds when it comes to NPC events))  

Sentama Lin

124-C

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:13 pm
Tsuji watched patiently through Lin's display of a lack of prowess. He knew that it was all a misdirection, but not from what. Nor did he really care. Still not receiving a straight answer, he sighed, and placed the photo back into his pocket. He couldn't shake the feeling that he should recognize the subject, especially given the emotion that's latched to the object itself... Indeed, it was quite a strong little talisman in that sense.

He watching Lin take off and wondered about his willingness to cut himself preceding a fight. It didn't really make sense to him, and there was something about the bandage that was nagging at him. He was snapped out of his musing by the man next to him. He turned and looked him in the eye, "Pisces, was it? Well, even if it isn't, it will do... There is always more to it than anyone will let on, and, with few exceptions, will ever know. If you haven't figured that out, or are uncomfortable with it, then you're in the wrong place.

"As for your other question," He paused slightly and picked his drink back up, "I am clearly sitting."  
RP/Game

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff