Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply RP/Game
Secret of the Medallions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:48 am
(( Golly, I hope I don't get over my head on the timing. I guess I should ask, though, should I have no Internet for an extended period of time or when I'm absolutely needed. Would anyone who understands Connell's abilities and personality be willing to control him by proxy whenever he's needed or wanted? ))

Connell was, uncharacteristic of him, walking around the campus grounds aimlessly, like a ghost. Something unsettled him -- especially as he passed by Karloseth's room. His eyes were closed, yet he walked around obstacles and the meditating Tokk and Tori whenever he passed by.

Leben, Tod, Leben, Tod... was all that went through his mind ad-infinitum, like a mantra, as he tried to figure out what was going on. After a few more minutes of this same walking and mental chanting he stopped, froze, then looked up at the sky.

"...This is ridiculous..." He said with a slight tinge of what could've been emotion before he walked back to Karloseth's room and knocked on the door. Something was up there and it bothered him that he didn't know. And, it bothered him that it could be something bad.

"Karloseth, it's Connell. May I come in?" He said aloud.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:12 am
"Oh, yeah, sure. Come on in Connell, doors open." Karloseth said. He walked over to the table and grabbed the note and stuffed it into his pocket. While Rain and Lilith were aware of what was going on, he didn't exactly feel like advertising the situation. It made him feel... inferior.  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:16 am
"There's a problem somewhere..." Connell said as he helped himself to a chair next to a plant at a windowsill. As he seemed to wait for an answer he touched a plant repeatedly, draining and restoring it's life almost at will. People observing the phenomenon could see the plant immediately wilt, then return to normal as if nothing happened. Whether Connell did it because he was annoyed or not it mattered not; it was still a bit creepy to see.

"...Are you doing alright?" He asked Karloseth. "Something doesn't seem right about you -- even after the test. You seem uneasy about something."  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:23 am
Karloseth crossed his arms against his chest and said "Well, I DID lose an eye this morning..."  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:29 am
Connell gave Karloseth a cold stare. Not quite a glare at the joke, but more of a "oh, right, but still something's fishy" kind of look. He stood up and sighed, combing his hair then touching the other's shoulder. The touch seemed to burn him a bit, however, and he retracted back, as if stung by a bee.

"...I see..." Were the only words he said before walking toward the door. "You know where to find me if anybody needs me..." He added, closing the door gently.

He put his hands in his coat pockets and pushed off the ground, jumping higher than usual at the sacrifice of some vitality, to get to the roof of the dormitories. He sat down there and sighed to recover some life and to think. He is not aware of the situation, but he does know the problem rests with Karloseth. He decided to wait until he was needed or wanted; he couldn't (nor shouldn't) do anything otherwise, anyways.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:35 am
Tokk sat with a thump on the hard-packed earth beneath the tree. It had been there for as long as anyone could remember, and gave the area a strange and strong aura. He had selected this spot particularly to help Tori clear her undoubtedly busy mind. He put his hands together in a prayer-like manner, holding his upper arms parallel to the ground, then he turned his palms skyward. He closed his eyes and breathed in very slowly, smelling the husky scent of the tree, the dusty age of the ground, the misty, uneasy presence in the air.

"Sit," he said to Tori bluntly. "Start by closing your eyes and focusing on your breathing. ONLY on your breathing, understand? Not clothes or shoes or and of that madness. JUST... breathing..." He spoke the last to words in the middle of a breath. "Now... match your breathing with mine. Force yourself to breath slower than you feel you have to. Resist the urge to satisfy your lungs. They are yours, after all, to control."

As he breathed he could feel the earth churning and turning beneath him, as if it were alive. But it -was- alive for him. More than once he had gone outside in the middle of the night just to feel it, to be with it. He had eventually requested a dorm without a floor, making the atmosphere of his room that much more bearable.

"Are you matching me?" he said with a tinge of impatience in his voice, but struggling to suppress it.  

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:45 am
Karloseth grimaced. He felt bad about keeping Connell and the others in the dark, but... this was something he needed to do alone. He didn't want to get anyone else in trouble.

User Image

Karloseth glanced out his window and saw a man standing outside, staring at the window. As soon as he was seen, he took off running. "Oh no you don't. Too suspicious for my tastes, especially in light of recent events." Karloseth took off, leaving Rain in his room and even leaving the door standing wide open. He sprinted off through the courtyard after the guy. He could see Tokk, Tori, and Lilith off in the distance. However, due to his newly discovered lack of depth perception, he ended up tripping on a rock and planting his face into the ground. "s**t!" he yelled.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:07 pm
Tori closed her eyes and listened to the sounds of Tokk's breathing to calm herself, slowly matching her breathing to his as he instructed. She'd decided it would take too much mental energy to keep her arms in the same position as him, so she kept hers open on her lap. "Yes," she answered him, managing -barely- to keep the annoyance out of her voice. It came out sounding serene, though, and she was a little proud of that. "I'm matching you now." But her concentration shattered as Karloseth cursed a ways away, and she opened an eye to look over at him. "Huh?"  

Kerrigan_dragon

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:56 pm

Tokk jumped to his feet at the sound of the commotion, stomping the ground and causing the chunk of earth beneath Karloseth to shoot up like a trapdoor, lifting Karloseth to a rather jerky standing position. "C'mon, Karloseth, let's go after him!" He saw a strange figure, undoubtedly the cause of the fuss, fleeing the grounds in the distance. He jumped a short distance in the air and slammed his feet down, breaking a platform of earth loose. Then he leaned forward and shot off in the direction of the mysterious man, riding the rock like a surfboard.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:12 pm
Karloseth was launched up by the stone slab, and he landed on his feet. "Gorramit, this is going to take some getting used to." He growled. He took off alongside Tokk, mysteriously able to keep up. Tokk was always hard to catch when he did that. Looking back, he noticed that everything was moving slower. "What the...?" He said. Suddenly it dawned on him "They aren't moving slower, I'm moving...faster..." he thought and remembered his medallion, which was etched with the word TIME. "I wonder..." He said aloud, and concentrated hard with his eye closed. When he opened it back up, he looked around. Everything had stopped moving. He walked over to Tokk and waved, snapped his fingers in his face... nothing. "I can... control time." Karloseth said, shocked. He then walked over to the man they were pursuing and stood in front of him, and he braced for impact. He then released his flow on time, and the man ran right into Karloseth. The man fell on his a**, and Karloseth tackled him and waited for Tokk to catch up and help.  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:27 pm
Connell also noted the man that those two were facing. He was intrigued -- if he could show that emotion on his face -- at the fact that Roland seemed to gain intense alacrity and speed from his medallion. The control was crude at worse, but it was definitely powerful. "That boy has potential..." he thought, even though Connell, by age, was Karloseth's junior.

He breathed out slowly, letting some of his own life energy escape from his body through his breath. The energy manifested into fine strands of light surrounding him before turning into a pair of wings. Once the wings manifested he stood up, ran to the roof edge, and jumped off the roof, flying toward the group. He winced as he flew for the ability seemed to drain his energy. However, he needed to get there as fast as possible.

He landed with a soft thud next to Karloseth, panting slightly as the wings behind his back dissipated into thin air, nodded to Karloseth, knelt, and kept the man's knees steady.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:31 pm
Tokk blinked and gaped with surprise as Karloseth caught up with him, running at an impossible speed and then... The man was on the ground with Karloseth right beside him. "How the... wait... his medallion... he can't..!" Tokk recognized the possibility with incredulity as he put on a bit of extra speed and skidded to a halt beside his friend, just as Connell landed and knelt beside the unknown man. Nodding to Karloseth, he brought his hands together in a loud clap, causing a belt of rock to shoot over the man, pinning him to the ground.  

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500

Red Glacier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:58 pm
he brought out a glass clamp and put the note in it so it would be air tight and untouched "I can run some tests on this later" he gets up and begins running. he jumps up and uses his medallion to bring a strong wind behind him and pick him up and he stopped by Tori "Good day Tori, sorry but..." he lifted her up with his wind and had her fly beside him as he caught up to the others

"Excuse me Tori, we seem to have an intruder and I personally would like to have your help then be short handed." he said calmly and welcoming toward her  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:13 pm
Tori's initial reaction to being lifted into the air was that of fascination, having never experienced flight before. "It's ok," she told him happily. "Er. Can't you get there faster?" She knew she was being rude, but hoped he'd just interpret it as the worry that it really was. She ripped a piece of paper out of her book and wrote "flamethrower" on it, and soon had the deadly weapon in hand. She didn't feel like being subtle today. This day was weird for her in general.  

Kerrigan_dragon

Red Glacier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:18 pm
"Lets just see" he used more of his wind to blast them forward and he focused a good sum of his energy into it. -no chance in making a song now in this wind- he thought and he just focused on catching up to Karloseth and before they knew they were hovering over Karloseth and the intruder

"Sorry Tori i think thats all I could muster" he said as he looked at the intruder "I don't tend to practice flying enough"  
RP/Game

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff