Spread the message!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:07 am
People from Quebec do that all the time. Even if you speak to them in French, and your grammar is perfect, if you have even the slightest accent that indicates that you aren't Quebecois, they'll speak to you in English. Even if their English is piss-poor. And they'll talk to you like you're completely retarded. It's fun. stare  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:05 am
I hate getting called Mexican or when speaking spanish gets called speaking 'Mexican'. Not saying Mexicans aren't cool, which they aren't anyways (jk), just saying I'm not F***ING Mexican! I'm Dominican! I must admit though, racism makes for some funny comedians and I think that's where it needs to stay until it dies out. Which if it stayed there is would die out, they'd run out of material to use.  

Xikrai the Risen

Dapper Reveler

1,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:34 am
Just to stir things up a little bit...

WHITE PRIDE WORLDWIDE!

Hahahahahahaha, you all know I'm just kidding.

Yeah though, That used to be my view on racism, until of course I matured a bit, then I realized that I'm just angry and hate filled towards the entire human race... Oh well biggrin

@Xik - Though Racism is stupid, I will admit that the jokes are HILARIOUS... At least to me. I can't make it through the day without cracking a racist joke or at least hearing one or two... >_>  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:44 am
Every joke has a grain of truth. stare

But no, it's fun to see people's jaws drop when they see me in person because I don't speak Ebonics on the phone, and my name isn't ghetto. Oh, and I'm not chatty either.  

Phaeton

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:14 am
Taeryyn
People from Quebec do that all the time. Even if you speak to them in French, and your grammar is perfect, if you have even the slightest accent that indicates that you aren't Quebecois, they'll speak to you in English. Even if their English is piss-poor. And they'll talk to you like you're completely retarded. It's fun. stare

^ They do it in France, too. So at least the Quebecois come by it honestly.

Now, I will be the first to admit my grammar isn't perfect and sometimes I get 'baterie' and 'pile' mixed up since French is my second language. But I can make myself understood and I can understand them a lot better than I did when they began to speak English. Well, at least that was how it was in the twenty or so cases where the people in question actually did this (I was there for about two weeks. Is this an unusual amount?). I also met some very sweet and understanding people who continued to talk to me in French despite my occasional stumbles. So it's like everything else; they're not all the same.

What's my point here? I don't know.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:28 am
Phaeton
Every joke has a grain of truth. stare

But no, it's fun to see people's jaws drop when they see me in person because I don't speak Ebonics on the phone, and my name isn't ghetto. Oh, and I'm not chatty either.

WHAT!? You mean you don't have a perfectly ordinary name with nonsense syllables like la, de, and da tagged on the beginning or end?

I've had to resort to speaking ebonics on the phone to an awful lot customers in Chicago when I worked for Comcast -- they couldn't understand plain English. They particularly seemed to struggle with the concept that "five" means the same as "faaahv" and "six" was the same as "sayicks".  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers