Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
Is cussing a sin? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:21 am
Kyramud
Apologies for the meandering path this conversation has taken, and my contribution to it. I'll try to stay on topic...

XxQuiinHotxX
gothic_black_rose
XxQuiinHotxX
CrimsonsDecayingRose
faithful quenga
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, & the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful & just to forgive us our sins, & to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John1:8-9)

that verse there states what you're doing is deceitful which is a SIN

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

We say this every Sunday at church. Directly as you have it written.

She is my sister and i know what you guys mean. she is not saying once saved all ways saved she is saying that Let Jesus take over you lives so you don't have to worry about sin. Did Jesus ever sin he proved that you don't have to sin.

You are forgetting Jesus was fully God and fully man. He was fully man so he could die. He was fully God so he could go without sin so that he could die for our sins.

He had to become a man of flesh and bone so he could die but he could not use any of his Godly power or the death on the cross would have no effect

How is it that he couldn't use his power? What about the supernatural miracles he performed throughout the course of his ministry? Those were all just sort of coincidences?

To bring the convo back on topic, what words should I use then?

In my view, it's not possible to be cheery and polite all the time. Some words just don't convey the emotional intensity that I feel, and the words I use to express such feelings are words that, as stated previously in the discussion, are apparently sinful. What other option would there be for me to work around this?

Especially since, my use of words like 'shoot' or 'dang' aren't intended to be mock cuss words. But they do portray a certain level of intensity that other words just don't. I use words like 'shucks' and 'darn' synonymously with words like 'shoot' or 'dang'. Or 'fartmokeys' if I'm in a really bad mood...

A really good way to find new words is looking in a thesaurus for words that match your feelings? Or a good way to express yourself is to maybe find a saying that helps too?

or maybe we can turn it over to God right then and there and say something to the effect of: "Lord, help me from saying something that is not pleasing to you!" I think I need to do this a lot more often. It's helpful and I'm not sure why I don't do it more often.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:01 pm
Kyramud
Apologies for the meandering path this conversation has taken, and my contribution to it. I'll try to stay on topic...

XxQuiinHotxX
gothic_black_rose
XxQuiinHotxX
CrimsonsDecayingRose
faithful quenga

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, & the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful & just to forgive us our sins, & to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John1:8-9)

that verse there states what you're doing is deceitful which is a SIN

We say this every Sunday at church. Directly as you have it written.

She is my sister and i know what you guys mean. she is not saying once saved all ways saved she is saying that Let Jesus take over you lives so you don't have to worry about sin. Did Jesus ever sin he proved that you don't have to sin.

You are forgetting Jesus was fully God and fully man. He was fully man so he could die. He was fully God so he could go without sin so that he could die for our sins.

He had to become a man of flesh and bone so he could die but he could not use any of his Godly power or the death on the cross would have no effect

How is it that he couldn't use his power? What about the supernatural miracles he performed throughout the course of his ministry? Those were all just sort of coincidences?

In my view, it's not possible to be cheery and polite all the time. Some words just don't convey the emotional intensity that I feel, and the words I use to express such feelings are words that, as stated previously in the discussion, are apparently sinful. What other option would there be for me to work around this?

Especially since, my use of words like 'shoot' or 'dang' aren't intended to be mock cuss words. But they do portray a certain level of intensity that other words just don't. I use words like 'shucks' and 'darn' synonymously with words like 'shoot' or 'dang'. Or 'fartmokeys' if I'm in a really bad mood...

Its the same that we can do all we have to do like he did is beleive in the father and he will give us the power to do it.

also you shouldnt have to use words to slang the cuss words you can just say 'man' or make a soft noise like smaking your lips.  

Naruto kun778

Kyramud

Lonely Phantom

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:18 am
XxQuiinHotxX
Kyramud

XxQuiinHotxX
gothic_black_rose
XxQuiinHotxX

Its the same that we can do all we have to do like he did is beleive in the father and he will give us the power to do it.

also you shouldnt have to use words to slang the cuss words you can just say 'man' or make a soft noise like smaking your lips.

Wouldn't that mean he did use his power? Since, being God, believing in the Father and the father then giving him the power to perform miracles would also mean it was his power to begin with....

Thanks for your input guys. I guess I'll have to work on finding other ways to express my feelings...
Heh, still don't see how it's a sin, but it wouldn't hurt to have a larger vocabulary to pull from.  
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:46 am
well Jesus never cussed
so whatever Jesus never did is a sin, really.

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100

Disciple of a Risen King
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:58 am
Green_Fuu
well Jesus never cussed
Jesus Christ is my lord and Savior

that's pretty much my whole thought on sin.

And I'm not ashamed to shout it out

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:16 pm
Disciple of a Risen King
Green_Fuu
well Jesus never cussed
Jesus Christ is my lord and Savior

that's pretty much my whole thought on sin.

And I'm not ashamed to shout it out

that's a pretty broad category... Everything from extreme sports-transportation-drinking coffee...  

Kyramud

Lonely Phantom

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:33 pm
Yes, lol
that was a supposed to be a broad expression

Just saying, Jesus Was a huge examples of what tos and what not tos.

Although he did practice a sport and did use methods of transportation.
I bet Jesus wouldn't have drank coffee or coke if there had been any at that time, gotta show the competition who's boss.
Olive oil and grape juice all the way.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:23 pm
i just heard cussing is bad.my conscience tell me not to do it.wenever im angry i sometimes slip.my mom always told me to bind those words wenever a cuss word is heard or said

GlitchiZ

Blessed Giver

Nottaname

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:53 pm
Green_Fuu
well Jesus never cussed

Jesus was never married, is that a sin? Jesus never walked on U.S. soil, is that a sin? Jesus never watched a christian program on a television, is that a sin? Jesus never used a computer, is that a sin? Jesus never touched a King James version bible, is that a sin? Jesus never fliped a light switch, is that a sin? Jesus never ate a chocolate candy bar, is that a sin?  
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:17 pm
Shadows-shine
faithful quenga
Xx to save a life xX
well i do think its a sin but not the most deadly. because i beleive that the original word of "cuss" is basicly just a word that has been mestup in the past a long time ago which cam from the real word curse. and well i dont rly wanna go araound cursing ppl i mean like if u wouldnt kill a person then dont curse them cuz thats like almost no different. u can cuss BUT u MUST ask for forgiveness. 3nodding

sin is sin is sin is sin! there is NOT one sin that is greater than any other sin. The wages of ALL sin is death.

Of course the wages of ALL sin is death, but wouldn't saying that a sin is a sin is a sin is a sin, contradict what Christ taught about committing the Unpardonable sin, that being the worst sin of all? A sin for which there is NO forgiveness?

Kudos for the sin is sin is sin. Very true. 3nodding

The unpardonable sin is blasphemy. Yes, there is no forgiveness for it. But- All who choose not to serve God are committing blasphemy, once you choose to serve God you are no longer committing blasphemy.
The definition of blasphemy is "an act of cursing or reviling God." If we don't serve him are we not cursing him?

Yes, cussing is a sin. Why? Because people are harmed by it. It destroys others, therefore it is a sin.  

Destiny_Llama

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:22 pm
Destiny_Llama
Shadows-shine
faithful quenga
Xx to save a life xX
well i do think its a sin but not the most deadly. because i beleive that the original word of "cuss" is basicly just a word that has been mestup in the past a long time ago which cam from the real word curse. and well i dont rly wanna go araound cursing ppl i mean like if u wouldnt kill a person then dont curse them cuz thats like almost no different. u can cuss BUT u MUST ask for forgiveness. 3nodding

sin is sin is sin is sin! there is NOT one sin that is greater than any other sin. The wages of ALL sin is death.

Of course the wages of ALL sin is death, but wouldn't saying that a sin is a sin is a sin is a sin, contradict what Christ taught about committing the Unpardonable sin, that being the worst sin of all? A sin for which there is NO forgiveness?

The unpardonable sin is blasphemy. Yes, there is no forgiveness for it. But- All who choose not to serve God are committing blasphemy, once you choose to serve God you are no longer committing blasphemy.
The definition of blasphemy is "an act of cursing or reviling God." If we don't serve him are we not cursing him?

Yes, cussing is a sin. Why? Because people are harmed by it. It destroys others, therefore it is a sin.

WHOA, hold on! If "The unpardonable sin is blasphemy...there is no forgiveness for it" and "All who choose not to serve God are committing blasphemy" then you are saying all those that aren't saved can never be saved because not all there sins will be forgiven. So that taken in to consideration what you are saying is no one has salvation and no one can go to heaven.  
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:29 pm
gothic_black_rose
Destiny_Llama
Shadows-shine
faithful quenga
Xx to save a life xX

WHOA, hold on! If "The unpardonable sin is blasphemy...there is no forgiveness for it" and "All who choose not to serve God are committing blasphemy" then you are saying all those that aren't saved can never be saved because not all there sins will be forgiven. So that taken in to consideration what you are saying is no one has salvation and no one can go to heaven.

Gah! Sorry. sweatdrop

Basically, what I'm trying to say is, either you're with God, or you aren't. If you aren't, you go to Hell, if you are, you go to Heaven.

Thanks for pointing that out... I should really read over these things before I post them.  

Destiny_Llama

Kyramud

Lonely Phantom

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:01 am
Destiny_Llama

Gah! Sorry. sweatdrop

Basically, what I'm trying to say is, either you're with God, or you aren't. If you aren't, you go to Hell, if you are, you go to Heaven.

Thanks for pointing that out... I should really read over these things before I post them.

Yeah...that's usually a good thing to do. xd  
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:05 am
I do cuss, but it usually slips out, or I write it out in a story because its usually the only way I can show how angry/upset/ect. a character is at the moment.

I normally just say "Aw man!" or I start stammering and smacking my cheeks so I don't say it.

Yes, I do say "Aw/Oh crap!" but I don't mean it in any bad way XD when I do use those "dirty" words, its usually playing around... But I rarely do now, I've started to see it as immature recently.

I do love our Heavenly Guardians though! I don't mean any ill!

redface

Ramla Xenon

Firebreathing Brawler

frozen blue angel

3,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:13 am
Please don't get it wrong but we are suppose to be like and live like Jesus. God knows that we do make mistakes and fall short of this, but he cast all our sins into the sea of forgetfulness. Our sins are covered by the blood of Jesus Christ. Before you do say something you can take back, stop, and think. If you let it out you should know what to do. lol. 4laugh whee 3nodding heart  
Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff