Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
The Mark of the Beast Coming to a non-beliver near you! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azkeel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:58 pm
Shadows-shine
I don't trust the government, I trust in God, but I'm not going to live in some state of fear and paranoia about what is going on in the world because it really doesn't matter when you look at the eternal picture of life. All of this stuff that you put on here is just fearmongering and that's not right. You're not going to lead people to Christ by saying that the government is supposedly going to put some chip into our bodies. The chip is a bunch of crap. It's impossible to insert it into the whole of the population. It simply CANNOT be done. And none of you who support the idea of the fact that this chip even exists or will exist can give me a logical answer as to how the government will achieve this. All you can say is "Well it's prophecy" or "We are just warning you out of love" or "Don't call me when it happens." Don't worry, I won't be calling you. I'm so grateful I believe in a God who has provided me security and I know what to expect in my future if I trust in Him.

The Bible just says the mark of the beast is a number to be put on the forehead or palm of the hand. It isn't specific about what it is or what it looks like or how its going to be done or who will do it. You know why? Because it's not important! So working ourselves into a tizzy over some tiny detail is ludicrious and a waste of time. And what of the verses in the Bible that says the Believers in Christ will receive a mark on their foreheads? Do you spend time pondering about that one, rather than the chip and associating that with the mark of the beast?

I refuse to watch that video. It's stupid and I've heard all the claims before. And if money is the mark of the beast, then shred it all and get rid of it, and stop tithing your money because you might be giving God some cursed thing. If money is the mark of the beast then all Christians should stop investing, working, and paying their bills because they all require money. That is the stupidest claim I have ever heard, money being the mark of the beast.

The government isn't going against God's laws, so I don't see where you are pulling that out of. The most the government has done is go against the will of the people. And last time I checked the people are not God.
We'll see how important it is to you when you can't buy or trade without it. Stop being blinded by lies that comfort you. The mark of the beast is clearly said that unless you have it you can't buy or trade. So how is it not something literal? Or are you suggesting that every store will just ask if you're a beliver in the messiah or not?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:40 am
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
I don't trust the government, I trust in God, but I'm not going to live in some state of fear and paranoia about what is going on in the world because it really doesn't matter when you look at the eternal picture of life. All of this stuff that you put on here is just fearmongering and that's not right. You're not going to lead people to Christ by saying that the government is supposedly going to put some chip into our bodies. The chip is a bunch of crap. It's impossible to insert it into the whole of the population. It simply CANNOT be done. And none of you who support the idea of the fact that this chip even exists or will exist can give me a logical answer as to how the government will achieve this. All you can say is "Well it's prophecy" or "We are just warning you out of love" or "Don't call me when it happens." Don't worry, I won't be calling you. I'm so grateful I believe in a God who has provided me security and I know what to expect in my future if I trust in Him.

The Bible just says the mark of the beast is a number to be put on the forehead or palm of the hand. It isn't specific about what it is or what it looks like or how its going to be done or who will do it. You know why? Because it's not important! So working ourselves into a tizzy over some tiny detail is ludicrious and a waste of time. And what of the verses in the Bible that says the Believers in Christ will receive a mark on their foreheads? Do you spend time pondering about that one, rather than the chip and associating that with the mark of the beast?

I refuse to watch that video. It's stupid and I've heard all the claims before. And if money is the mark of the beast, then shred it all and get rid of it, and stop tithing your money because you might be giving God some cursed thing. If money is the mark of the beast then all Christians should stop investing, working, and paying their bills because they all require money. That is the stupidest claim I have ever heard, money being the mark of the beast.

The government isn't going against God's laws, so I don't see where you are pulling that out of. The most the government has done is go against the will of the people. And last time I checked the people are not God.
We'll see how important it is to you when you can't buy or trade without it. Stop being blinded by lies that comfort you. The mark of the beast is clearly said that unless you have it you can't buy or trade. So how is it not something literal? Or are you suggesting that every store will just ask if you're a beliver in the messiah or not?

I'm still waiting for you to point out within scripture where all these prophecies about the mark of the beast are, because I have found none. The only thing I have found in the Bible about the mark of the beast is that it's the number 666. Nothing about not being able to buy any thing or do any thing unless I have it. Nor have I been trusting in lies that comfort me, unless you are calling God's Word and the Holy Ghost a liar now.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:42 am
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel
The mark of the beast is money.

And here is where I say PROVE IT! Find me scripture that backs your claim up. I guarentee there is no such verse!
I won't cast my pearls. Do your own research on the mark of the beast. Look at history and the time period that book was written in.

I can research the mark of the beast into oblivion and find nothnig but fear mongering and distorted details that have absolutely nothing to do with what scripture has revealed about it. So as to you casting pearls, I see nothing that indicates you have done so. I am coming to the conclusion that you have no scripture to back up your argument about this prophecy and are refusing to admit it by throwing out your comments of refusing to cast your pearls.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:32 pm
Revelation 13:16-18
And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a MARK in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the MARK, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. Rev. 13:16-18

(Here's a simple example VISA "VI" is the number 6 in the Roman numerals, "S" is the Stigma in the Greek culture whose value is 6, and lastly the "A" in the Babylonian culture is 6. You have to swipe this card with your right hand. This was brought to my attention by a co-worker whom was left handed. She had to swipe the card with her right hand though it was awkward. The mark is going to get more and more noticeable. The chip will just make it easier and more relevant.)

Revelation 14:9
And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his MARK in his forehead, or in his hand, Rev. 14:9

(Money is the most trusted thing on this earth and is sacraficed for. You sacrafice time, you labour for it, you even break the Sabbath day for it. Money is whorshipped. And you know money is worthless without it's MARK. You can't bring a green piece of paper to a register and buy things.)

Revelation 14:11
And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the MARK of his name. Rev. 14:11

Revelation 15:2
And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his MARK, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God. Rev 15:2

(See how it says and over the image(Wait until we have the Amero instead of the dollar and we are unionized into a North American union), AND over the MARK, AND over the number of his name? Seems like three things the beast has)

Revelation 16:2
And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the MARK of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image. Rev. 16:2

Revelation 19:20
And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the MARK of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone. Rev. 19:20

Revelation 20:4
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his MARK upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. Rev. 20:4

(If you think the mark is strictly spiritual that has to be some awesome technology they use to restrict you from buying and selling. And if the messiah comes before this well yahoo! If not at least be prepared.)  

Azkeel

Someoneiknow

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:37 pm
Azkeel
Revelation 13:16-18
And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a MARK in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the MARK, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. Rev. 13:16-18

(Here's a simple example VISA "VI" is the number 6 in the Roman numerals, "S" is the Stigma in the Greek culture whose value is 6, and lastly the "A" in the Babylonian culture is 6. You have to swipe this card with your right hand. This was brought to my attention by a co-worker whom was left handed. She had to swipe the card with her right hand though it was awkward. The mark is going to get more and more noticeable. The chip will just make it easier and more relevant.)

Revelation 14:9
And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his MARK in his forehead, or in his hand, Rev. 14:9

(Money is the most trusted thing on this earth and is sacraficed for. You sacrafice time, you labour for it, you even break the Sabbath day for it. Money is whorshipped. And you know money is worthless without it's MARK. You can't bring a green piece of paper to a register and buy things.)

Revelation 14:11
And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the MARK of his name. Rev. 14:11

Revelation 15:2
And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his MARK, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God. Rev 15:2

(See how it says and over the image(Wait until we have the Amero instead of the dollar and we are unionized into a North American union), AND over the MARK, AND over the number of his name? Seems like three things the beast has)

Revelation 16:2
And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the MARK of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image. Rev. 16:2

Revelation 19:20
And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the MARK of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone. Rev. 19:20

Revelation 20:4
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his MARK upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. Rev. 20:4

(If you think the mark is strictly spiritual that has to be some awesome technology they use to restrict you from buying and selling. And if the messiah comes before this well yahoo! If not at least be prepared.)

Nobody is denying that the mark of the beast is written in scripture. But speculating about what it could be does no good for the believers. We need to better ourselves in our relationship with Christ, not become more and more paranoid.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:45 pm
I agree, but I tell you it is the beasts mark. I'm not telling you to be paranoid or even worried. I am however telling you to realize and be prepared for lies they will tell you to get the mark. I don't even know if this will happen in our lifetime but I know it will happen. Unless they figure another means other then "Currency" (Or chip) to buy and trade then by all means that will be the mark. I personally wish money to be done away with and we go back to trading chickens and cows haha. Or even gold and silver. But I have faith I will be delivered from what is about to happen so in fact I don't have to worry. I just need to warn others.  

Azkeel

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:14 am
You're still taking scriptures that mention the mark and tying them to something that has nothing to do with it. That's specualation, not interpretation of the prophecy. As to VISA card, you can swipe it with either hand. My husband is left handed and swipes his card with his left hand some times if he is unable to use his right hand because he is trying to carry groceries or keep track of our daughter or hold his wallet. So therefore another speculation. Plus, with your logic, all of the credit cards out there are swiped with the right hand, does that make all of them a bad thing? Same with the food stamp cards and the WIC cards, they are usually swiped with the right hand. Doesn't make them the mark of the beast though.

I never said that the mark was strictly spiritual.It maybe both, but that's irrelevant. I just said the Bible said it was a number and that working ourselves into a tizzy trying to figure out what the mark is or isn't is a waste of time and fear mongering. So therefore I'm not going to worry about it. Also to sit here and say the Government is going to orchestrate all this is a rediculous notion too.

I have never broke the Sabbath day just for the sake of money. Neither has my husband. Those who do, that's their problem. Money is not a concern of mine, but it is a necessary thing to survive in this mortal life. I labour for the simple fact that it's a necessary thing to do. We have to labour for our well being and to get the things we need to survive. Money isn't necessarily my motive, but it is necessary to have in order to adequately provide for my family. Money has been used for both good and evil, it just depends on whose hands it is in. Money is what I use to tithe with. I give that money to the Lord for His purposes and because it's a commandment to tithe 10% of one's increase. So if it's so evil or it's the mark of the beast then the Lord would not accept my tithe, would He?

I just cannot agree with you or take you speculations seriously about the mark of the beast seriously. I'm honestly not worried about it because it's a rediculous thing to worry about and not only that but a waste of my time.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:37 pm
If it's a waste of your time why are you trying to discredit me? And yes I can go as far as to say the other credit cards are the beast as well. Read the scripture with understanding it's not just a number it's several things. And it says those with understanding will be able to calculate it. Thus those with understanding will know what it is.
Watch, you'll notice the new national ID card they come out with you'll have to swipe everytime you buy something. Just one step to being chipped. Don't think the government can chip everyone? It's illegal for you to not carry your ID and you can be arrested without the I.D.. Everyone has an I.D. which you need to get a job. Same thing with a Social Security Card and jobs. (Getting the bigger picture?)

And how is warning you that the mark of the beast will allow you to buy and sell and without it you will not be able to fearmongering? I'm just bringing it to light that it exists, is very real, and is becoming more clear. Those with the mark don't get in remember? So how can it be irrelevant? Studying the Word of Truth and how it relates to the times is irrelevant to you? It's the living word and I'm still living. It's prophecy which means it's for the future of that time. So you are to throw out prophecy and say it is irrelevant? By all means show me how these things are not marks of the beast.  

Azkeel

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:53 am
The only thing that is a waste of time is worrying about what the mark may or may not be. I personally don't care. It will happen when it happens. The point is, if I die or am exiled or whatever because I didn't accept the mark, then that means I will get to be with my Lord and Saviour sooner. So looking at the eternal spectrum of things, the mark is irrelevant and nothing to worry about.

It's fear mongering because you are trying to tye things to the prophecy. You are speculating about the fulfillment, not interpretting it. And you could say the mark of the beast has already come and gone. Remember world war two? The Jews had to have ID cards and they had to wear some sort of mark, the star of David, on their right sleeve, to show that they were Jews? If they didn't follow those orders then the Germans would kill them on spot. And that brings me back to my point, this is all speculation, not prophecy interpretation, which is why I'm not worried about it.

I never was throwing out prophecy and I'm not denying that it's in the Bible to warn us, but I am not going to tye certain objects to a prophecy with out having the proper interpretation. If a credit card is the mark of the beast then all Christians are doomed, because all the Christians in my acquaintance have one. So I guess we're all going to hell because we have some piece of plastic that is equal to cash, but according to you cash is the mark of the beast too, so that means we're doomed again. And I guess all our tithes that we have made to the Lord with cash and checks and credit cards are basically bad because we gave the Lord some thing cursed. See? This is why I hate speculation about some thing that is written in scripture.

I was reading the other day some of the commentary from my Church leaders and they said, concerning the images painted about the beasts and marks used in the Book of Revelation, that when the Lord uses those types of imagry or metaphors, He will reveal an interpretation of what those images mean in due time. So since we have not had a revelation of what those symbols mean, I don't really think it's some thing we should worry about it, because we work ourselves into a tizzy speculating about what the mark could be or what the beast really is. The same goes for prophecies concerning the anti-Christ. We don't know who it is, what it is, etc. All though, typically an anti-christ is some one or something that is opposed to the gospel, Christ, and His teachings.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:54 pm
Well as long as you're not willing to take it when it becomes clear. Just remember the writing on the wall.  

Azkeel

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:16 am
I would never take some thing that was warned against in the scriptures. I have read what the consequences will be, but I'm not worried about it right now.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:19 am
Good to know that Azkeel, my friend, isn't sugar-coating things. Revelation is not a book of comfort. It's a book of warning to His people. The Truth is, the Lord will come for His Church. There will be those left behind. Tribulation will begin after. The Anti-Christ will rise, and promise new things, and this new technology, such as these 'biochips.' (Mark of the beast - 666). The world will unite as a One World Nation. The ones who refuse to get this chip will be tortured and killed. When you get the Mark, you are basically turning yourself over to satan. Even, physically removing the chip, will not reverse the choice you made. You either love, and serve the Lord or you don't. In between, is also not an option, because it's having 'lukewarm' faith, and the Lord despises those who are lukewarm Christians, because, "He will spit those right out of His mouth." It's all in the scriptures. The Living Word. This is why, the Lord always tells us, "Seek, and ye' shall find" or "Look for your blessings."  

Le Pale to the Chief

7,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:54 pm
The ideas that something is the mark of the beast right now is outraoius. Scripture clearly states that all the is prophicied about the end of days will happen within a 7 yea time spand. We haven't even gotten to the signs of the stating of the tribulation. Scripture also says that a lot of the things in Revelation will not be revealed until that time due to it's symbolic nature.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:29 am
gothic_black_rose
The ideas that something is the mark of the beast right now is outraoius. Scripture clearly states that all the is prophicied about the end of days will happen within a 7 yea time spand. We haven't even gotten to the signs of the stating of the tribulation. Scripture also says that a lot of the things in Revelation will not be revealed until that time due to it's symbolic nature.
Could you back the 7 year process up with scripture?
Also what is it? a 1/3rd for most of the destructions? Pay attention to the news they don't show you.

Did we give a time line as to when this chip will be implanted?  

Azkeel

Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces