Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms
The Hogwarts Express Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 93 94 95 96 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:41 pm
User Image
User Image
Jane looked around and thought for a moment. She hoped to see Phi but she was no where to be found. She breathed almost nervously, then finally nodded in agreement "Alright" Jane said with a nod. She opened the cabin door and entered it and sat down Where are you Phi?,She thought to herself. Jane didn't want to leave the girl behind on accident. That would be a wonderful way to start the second year. How would she get to Hogwarts? A flying car? Jane sighed then turned to Allen and smiled. "So how are you doing? It feels like it's been forever."Jane stared into his eyes, searching.
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image

█████████████████ ██████████████

Jeffery and Amelia entered the train breathlessly. He turned and smiled at her. "So, want to sit together?" He asked pushing his hair out of his eyes.

ooc; outfit in side picture, music in bottom words.
MADE BY PURPLEINATOR
Smart. Shy. Ladies Man.

User Image
Amelia Scott
Amelia gave Jeffery a slightly strange look as she thought. She shrugged. "Yeah, I guess. We better hurry. I think all the carts are full already" She said looking around the train. She walked down the aisle and picked the least empty. A boy and a girl already occupied the cabin. She opened the door and stuck her head in. "Mind if we sit here?" She asked studying the boy with white hair.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:21 pm
User Image
==== ♋ ==== ♋ ====
ωilliam Ɍadcliffe
Fifth Year → Gryffindor

==== ♋ ==== ♋ ====

►The man... The mystery... The legend...◄

Will was just getting to the good part in the book when feathers flew around him, causing the urge to sneeze. Turning his head to the side, he sneezed, then looked back at the blushing girl. She was definitely a Gryffindor. "Aravis, right?" he asked and smiled. He noticed that the color of her cheeks brought out a certain tone in her eyes. Smiling still, he nodded. "Don't worry about it; I'm alright." He was smiling until the Slytherin Prefect pushed past them. He called after the boy. "Hey, don't push a girl like that... Jerk," he said finally. Watching him go, Will shrugged and sighed. "I apologize for my gender. Hey, wanna get a cabin together? We never talk when we're in the common room together."

Out Of Character: ...

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:00 am
Maiya Kajuji

Slip out the back before they know you were there
and at the worst you'll see nobody cares,
you don't want to be around when it all goes down...
User Image
William Dante Nott the Third

Second Year, Slytherin

User Image

Left to dwell in the silence of his solitude, William's inquisitive gaze of fiery golden orbs targetted the window of the compartment he sat in to watch the profiles of students wandering past, most coupled in pairs and groups, several lone students straggling along towards the end. Despite the words of Roi that echoed in his mind, he didn't feel any desire to seek out Annabelle- not now, anyway. He had already spoken to her, and knew how she felt about the idea, what he needed was to invest his efforts into more people. The sight of hair- a silver hue of baby blue- had caught his attention when a young girl had slid past his window. She was alone, which had always worked in his favor.

A side glance had been spared towards his eagle owl, Drogo, to unlatch the winged beast from it's confines and allow the creature a time to stretch and hunt. Now, it's his turn to hunt.

Sliding past the compartment door, William glanced about through several other rooms before he spotted the girl that had enraptured his attention earlier. He slithered inside and took a seat beside her. 'Hey, I'm Tay," he introduced himself with a coy smile. "Are you a first year?" He wondered, even though he could have guessed if he had too.

╔══════════════╗
Injuries:
Desires:Food... and candy
╚══════════════╝

User Image

..even heroes know when to be scared.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:31 am
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════════════════════════╗

”Really?” Belle had managed with a bit more excitement than even she thought should have been appropriate. ”Lady’s a half-kneazle too, my da’ had his cat bred with another half-kneazle and I got to keep the runt.” She explained, eyes of delicate pale green pools had followed the two cats as they interacted. Lady gyrated in place, following Rolf with her nose as he tried to do the same to her, but when the other kitten had flopped down on the ground Lady had pressed a padded paw on the orange cat’s head, as if to wonder why they weren’t playing.

Belle hadn’t been able to take her eyes off of the two, not until Hildy had done so first and with sheepish hesitation. A curious spark had reflected off of pale green emeralds, Belle had always been far too curious for her own good. But if there was one gift that had been bestowed upon her, it was her self-discipline. Had she been raised as she would have liked, Belle probably would have been so adamant as to pursue the reasons why Hildy had seemed so scared to just be happy. But Belle knew better than to do that. ”Oh, that class always sounded like fun,” Belle ushered a harmonious laugh. ”-being able to duel, and everything, I wonder if they still have the dueling club in Hogwarts.”

A momentary glance had been spared towards Chase, in the light of a girl her own age with a kitten just like herself, Belle had been easily swept away by the wind and had nearly forgotten him until he spoke once again. ”Quidditch team? What house are you in?” Belle immediately quipped, even before Chase had finished speaking and she had to force herself to breathe a pause, but even that was interrupted with a laugh. ”Ruling the pitch? Don’t you think you should wait until you’re on the team before you start catching your snitches?” With a laugh, Belle had darted her gaze between the two cousins before settling her attention on Chase to see how he would respond. After all, Belle had never been one to ask for help, especially from a boy.

Desires: Sorting Feast
Troubles: Classes

╚════════════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Pathological Kisser

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:05 pm
Chase Balford
Hogwarts Student: Third Year, Ravenclaw
Theme of the Moment | Thoughts: Time to work my groove…

User Image Chase enjoyed watching the two. It was nice to see Hildy smiling and watch a bit of relief seep through her features. Granted, he wasn’t happy about his seeming responsibility to babysit her in her downtrodden state, when she was conversational, the two had gotten along great. It was sad that they hadn’t been allowed to know each other before, but his grandparents were thrilled about their two ‘new’ grandchildren now. It was all pretty sick and twisted really, Chase decided.

But he couldn’t complain. Hildy seemed to be almost as fond of books as he was and she and her brother even joined in a few times in pranking the house elf. Chase had also discovered that a Flying Certificate did not mean that he was fit as a Flying ‘Instructor’, but Hildy came out of the tree just fine and in a game enough mood to try again. She still wasn’t very good, but he had fun letting her try out his old broom. He was beginning to have quite a collection.

Matty was alright, but a little young for Chase to tolerate. Luckily, he seemed mostly glued to Gram’s side so he and Hildy were free to do as they liked. He had been amusing himself a few days before, wondering which house she would be put in. She wanted Gryffindor like her father, but the Balfords were heavy in Ravenclaw. And her mother was a Hufflepuff, which Chase couldn’t quite see her as. But every once in a while, she would get a dark glint in her eye that made him wonder just what all his cousin was capable of.

However, he had hoped to have a little more of the little blonde’s time to himself and was quite pleased when the conversation shifted back to his favorite subject, himself. “I,” he said full of mock poise and knightly stature, “am in Ravenclaw.” Laughing as he let his façade down, he grabbed his chest as if wounded by her comment. “What? You challenge my confidence. I will have you know that not only am I an exceptional flyer and first rate gentleman, I do have some influence.” He said the last with mock seriousness, a note of jest coloring his words that did still hold some truth for him.

Hildy laughed, looking up from the kittens, now rolling about and pouncing playfully at one another on the floor. “Chase thinks because our grandfather is the Head of the Department for International Magical Cooperation that he can have anything he wants.” She giggled, rolling her eyes at him. Her words too have serious and half playful. Chase did seem to be quite comfortable with his entitlement, but Hildy, who had grown up poor, found the concept nearly ridiculous.

“Though I am envious of one thing that he has, though it isn’t anything he gained unfairly, merely through age. Chase is a third year, which means he gets to go to Hogsmeade on trips. Though I’ve made him promise to bring me back treats from Honeydukes and whatnot.”

Chase smiled broader, “You know,” he leaned forward with a playfully conspiratorial twinkle in his eye, “I might be persuaded to sneak your girls down a passageway sometime and into the village for some fun. Unless,” he sat back with a shrug and a challenging sniff, “you are afraid of a little trouble.”

Chase had heard of older students speak of passageways in the dungeon before, but hadn’t had any luck finding them himself. Though he was sure that he could get the information if he actually wanted it. Everything was available to a man with means.
Hildy Balford-Nettlepot
Hogwarts Student: First Year, Unsorted
| Thoughts: Is it wrong to be happy when so much sad has happened?… | [img=http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i295/kikikitten1983/kitty1.jpg]Rolf[/img]

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:20 pm
User Image

Aravis Rosentha

Fourth YearGryffindorDreamer

"Bless you!" Aravis managed to say as the boy sneezed. She really did feel bad about that, especially after realizing that the boy was indeed who she thought it was. She was relieved that he said it didn't bother him.

Aravis giggled as he called after the Slytherin Prefect who had pushed her. "Well I'm glad that some of you have something in your heads," she smiled at Will in response to his apology. If only all guys could realize what jerks they were, and perhaps even some girls. The world would be so much better.

The girl then had to think a moment on Will's offer. It was pretty nice of him to ask. Ever since her first year, she had struggled to keep a group of friends. They had all grown up, so to say. Leaving behind what they had originally enjoyed for things much more complicated. Now, Aravis didn't even have to try. Here was a polite member of her own house who wanted to talk with her. On top of that, he was older than her, which made her even more intrigued. "Um, sure!" Aravis said cheerfully, causing Sadie to flap even more. Perhaps the bird knew how quickly her heart was beating, since she seemed to be quite hyper.

I am a dreamer
Take me higher

Open the sky up
Start a fire

I believe
Even if it's just a dream

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:45 pm
User Image
Zane Acacia
TripletFirst YearUnsorted

Zane laughed casually to cover his embarassment. How could he have forgotten to take his seat? The triplet sat down in the bench that Roi had indicated.

"Um, well I'm not sure actually. I kinda like surprises. It's more fun not knowing for me," he admitted as he scratched his head. To be honest, the boy hadn't really thougt much on the subject. "I really don't want to get sorted into the same house as my sisters. It's bad enough being triplets," the boy added in a bit of a grumble. It could be quite annoying, living with the two all the time. A growing boy could use his distance.

Belladonna, n.: In Italian a beautiful lady.

In English a deadly poison.

A striking example of the essential identity of the two tongues

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:10 pm
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════════════════════════╗

Belle thrived in the center of attention, a free spirited and reckless smile had long since encompassed that poised smile of perfection with something real, something so tangible that for a moment she swore she could breathe in an ambiance of ease. Her whole life had been spent trying to fill the void that had been left behind, trying to become what everyone had ever asked of her. It was impossible, she knew, but it had never ceased her efforts. Even now, Belle found herself caught in between. The insatiable urge for perfection had been lined with the silver lace of freedom, but which to choose? On one hand, Belle had been welcomed with open arms into the life of average witches and wizards, mundane with blood that had been tainted with the presence of muggles in the family tree. But on the other hand, it hadn’t ever mattered if she was welcome, because the wealth of the family had always been enough. Always.

But this was her life, she had decided, not her father’s. Since a suckling babe, Belle had watched her mother try and fail, try to please, but fail with a crash and burn. Nothing had ever been good enough; she had never been good enough. This wild kindred spirit recollected her thoughts, an angel over one shoulder with the devil on the other. ”Ravenclaw, huh?” She had started with a dare, but paused as a giggle had perused past her lips with mischievous ease. ”Well, we’re just gonna have to settle this on the quidditch field, then, aren’t we? No amount of influence can make you a better flyer, I hope you know.” Belle retorted with a whimsical challenge, gliding her gaze away from the third year Ravenclaw to fall on Hildy.

At this, Belle had to contort her features at the oddity behind the details. ”Really? He should know my da’ then, he’s Head of the International Magical Office of Law, that’s kinda the same department, I think?” Belle chuckled at the uncanny similarities distinguished as her focus of pale green concentrated on Hildy. ”Oh, that’s cool. I’ve never been to Hogsmeade.” She delighted at the thought, imagination already swirling with shops and carts filled to the brim with treats and trinkets.

”Really?” Belle had almost all but gasped at the divulged information of hidden passageways, her excitement veered towards Hildy wondering where she would stand on the offer. ”I’m not scared of a little trouble,” Belle chimed in quickly glancing back and forth between the two. ”What do you say, sounds like it would be fun, wouldn’t it?” She wondered as her eyes finally settled on Hildy.

Desires: Sorting Feast
Troubles: Classes

╚════════════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

User Image

Does what I'm wearing seem to shock you?
Well, that's okay
'Cause what I'm thinking about you
is not okay
I've got it on my mind to change my ways
But I don't think I can be anything other than me
No, I don't think I can be anything other than me

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Pathological Kisser

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:47 pm
Chase Balford
Hogwarts Student: Third Year, Ravenclaw
Theme of the Moment | Thoughts: Time to work my groove…

User Image ”I promise to buy a licorie”Of course he knows Arthur Rich. I think he might have been at a dinner party a year or so back that my grandparents threw.” Chase spoke casually, but was still rather beaming at his knowledge about her family. As a child he was called a know-it-all, as a young man ‘smart a**’ seemed more the appropriate term. But since Gid had raised Chase, he had always let him in on the details of their world and what was happening within the government or now Ministry. Once they arrived back in England, Chase’s grandparents had been happy to lavish him with comfort joys and have him around often which meant he heard and retained much of their talk.

He had learned early the benefit of ‘who you know’ in the world of movers and shakers, be it in the Muggle or Wizarding world. Gid had always had a slight benefit being a Hit Wizard, but it was nothing like the influence that his Grandfather could exert. The man was a beast. He could talk the devil out of his pants and have the demon thank him for the deal. But if his oratorical skills ever failed him, he seemed to have an army of people that knew people in every area of Wizarding society. Well-connected didn’t begin to describe it.

He was pleased that Belle seemed so adventurous to show him up on the Quidditch Pitch as well as to leap into mischief. Perhaps he had pegged her wrong. When he first set eyes on her, he had seen only blonde hair and a sweet face full of innocence and naiveté. Well…she was blonde. But not in the stereotypical sense, only in appearance. She seemed sharp and adventurous. Though it was hard to tell if she was just putting on a front or not.

But, as he was studying Belle’s face as she looked to Hildy, he missed seeing that dark stony glint in his cousin’s eye. He had meant the final jest as a taunting, good natured poke to Belle, but Hildy seemed to take it harder. She had never known real fear until this summer. Someone had been at their house in the middle of the night and murdered her mother, violently throttled her with their bare hands. She and Matty could have been next and she had wondered alone out to the barn where she might have even passed the murderer in hiding. She had left Matty alone in bed, so vulnerable.

Sometimes she sat in bed, staring out the window, playing out the what ifs and could have beens. Though more often lately she was merely asking ‘Why?’ and ‘Who?’. If it had been a senseless act of violence, in addition to making no sense, they could be in danger again from the same threat. If it had been targeted at the family, perhaps her father, then they were still in danger if they were trying to send him a message. And who could possibly hurt her mother. Marta Balford-Nettlepot was the sweetest woman in the world. She could be strict at times, but that night was the first night that she had ever heard her speak with true meanness and spite when she and Marcus had quarreled.

So the truth, was she scared of sneaking out of the castle, risking trouble and being in Hogsmeade alone with just a few other students when there might be someone out there hoping to kill her? Terrified. But Hildy was starting to feel tired of being weak. The past few weeks, causing mischief with Chase, had given her a sense of control and levity over the world around her. So sticking out her chin defiantly, pursing her lips, she intoned evenly. “I’m not afraid.” A streak of defiance that was hidden deep inside her that she had never known before curved her lips upward as she enjoyed this new thrill and exhileration. Her eyelids fluttering and looking down to the kittens again, but the smile stayed on.

Perhaps it was time that she stopped letting other people tell her how to live her life. She could do with a little excitement.

Remembering something Belle had said earlier, Hildy looked up to the girl opposite her. “So you don’t think that you will be in Ravenclaw? What house are you hoping for?”
Hildy Balford-Nettlepot
Hogwarts Student: First Year, Unsorted
| Thoughts: Is it wrong to be happy when so much sad has happened?… | Rolf

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:08 pm
((The express is now arriving so please move your rping to the Hogwarts guild here!))  

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:26 pm
User Image
==== ♋ ==== ♋ ====
ωilliam Ɍadcliffe
Fifth Year → Gryffindor

==== ♋ ==== ♋ ====

Will smiled as he watched her debate whether or not to accept his offer of a cabin buddy for the ride. When she finally accepted, Will nodded and opened the door to an empty cabin, holding the door open for her. "After you, Aravis," he said politely. His bright blue eyes connected with her blue eyes for a moment. "You have really pretty eyes. Has anyone told you that before?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:19 am
User Image

Seren Meinir
~First Year~Unsorted~

Sere gets onto the Hogwarts Express and goes and finds bathroom so she could change into her new Hogwarts uniform. After she gets changed she fines an empty cabin with no one it. This was probably alucky day for her since she would have thougt that all the cins would have been taken by now. Sighing Seren clses the cain door and places Belle's cat carrier onto the seat next to her. Then she opens the ct door to let her outso she could stretch her legs if she wanted to. Looking out the window, all Seren could see was the beautiful scenary pass by. It was quite lovely actually, but then she started to think about her Mum and wanted her to have been able to see her off to on a new journey.

LoverofMusic1568

Fashionable Prophet

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:54 pm
User Image

Aravis Rosentha

Fourth YearGryffindorDreamer

Aravis caught herself staring at Will's eyes. They were blue, just like hers, which was pretty amazing, seeing as blue is one of the hardest eye colors to end up with. At least naturally anyways. She blushed as she realized that the boy had been starting back. "No, I can't say they have," Aravis replied softly as she took a seat. Sadie decided to fly over to the bench opposite her human.

The Gryffindor was silent for a moment, trying to figure out exactly where this conversation was going. "I'm pretty sure people've told you, but since when have you been so..." Aravis stuggled to come up with an adjective for what she was trying to say. "...so um, ripped?" This left Aravis trying to fight back giggles, sadly, it didn't appear to be working too well.

I am a dreamer
Take me higher

Open the sky up
Start a fire

I believe
Even if it's just a dream

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:13 pm
User Image
==== ♋ ==== ♋ ====
ωilliam Ɍadcliffe
Fifth Year → Gryffindor

==== ♋ ==== ♋ ====

He entered the cabin after her and closed the door. He watched as the owl perched across from Aravis and nodded, then sat down next to her instead. He noticed her blush before and felt a little color rise to his cheeks as well. Sighing, he stretched back as she commented about his muscled state. He chuckled as she began to giggle. "Yeah, I've heard a few comments about my muscles. I spent my summer with my uncle. He's a magizoologist. I helped him handle many different kinds of exotic creatures. Riddled with sphinxes in Egypt, groomed griffins in Italy, rode a dragon in Norway... you know, an average summer," he said, chuckled, then crossed his arms behind his head.

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Skuld HJG

8,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:34 pm
Jessica Sassareth

Slytherin, Second Year

User Image Jess barely got onboard and immediately sought an open seat planning to rest a bit and throw her robe and Slytherin tie. With a sly smile, the pale redhead found a seat while her owl, Bubo, cheerfully hooted at her, "Yes, Bubo, I'm actually feeling good about this year."  
King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 93 94 95 96 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff