Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Whizz Hard Books ~ Open! (Now Hiring!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:11 pm
User Image

Gearvin stepped out of his office as soon as he'd gotten the message that someone was here to see him. Straightening himself, he walked over to the woman in the front and introduced himself. "I am Gearvin Whitethorne, owner of Whizz Hard Books," he stated. "You must be Miss Nostradamus. I apologize for not being available yesterday, as I had... other things that needed attending. Please," he said, gesturing, "Step into my office and we shall begin your interview."  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:56 pm
(Tried to give you warning but everyone ignores me)
Told you everything loud and clear
(But nobody’s listening)
(Called to you so clearly but you don’t want to hear me)
(But nobody’s listening)

Nalla
User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

"No need to apologize," she replied in a monotonous voice as she set foot into his office. "And it is a pleasure to meet you Mr. Whitethorne." Without being asked she took a seat in front of his desk, placing her bag securely in her lap. She sat with her legs crossed at the ankle and her hands folded on her lap, around her bag, being the first picture of the classic lady.

User ImageUser Image

I got a heart full of pain, head full of stress
handfull of anger, held in my chest
And everything left’s a waste of time
I hate my rhymes, but hate everyone else’s more
I’m riding on the back of this pressure
Guessing that it’s better I can’t keep myself together
Because all of this stress gave me something to write on
The pain gave me something I could set my sights on
Never forget the blood sweat and tears
The uphill struggle over years the fear and
Trash talking and the people it was to
And the people that started it just like you

-Mister Grell Sutcliff-

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Signature Look 250

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:17 pm
User Image

Gearvin had a seat in his chair and picked up a sheet of parchment. "Miss Nostradamus, you have decided to apply for the position of one of our publishing agents. A very busy position to take, I assure you, as you would have to go through different manuscripts and judge on if it has a good chance to sell well." He glanced at the sheet and put it back down. "Your application states that you have no experience in the position." He clasped his hands together, fingers entwined as he gazed at her steadily. "What makes you believe that you would be a good fit for the position?"  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:32 pm
(But nobody’s listening)
(But nobody’s listening)

Nalla
User Image

She contemplated her answer for a moment, organizing her thoughts. "It is true that I have stated that I have no experience, and this is the first thing I will point out. When applying for a job the ordinary wizard wouldn't out that they have no experience, no, most would lie: therefore my honesty is the first thing I can say. Also if you said that you are looking for a person who can judge books, correct? Then that is another aspect that makes me good for the job being that I almost constantly have my nose in a book ad that I spent a the better part of my Hogwarts years in the library I know have observed not only what are good reads for me but also what are good reads for others." She trailed off here feeling that she was saying a lot. The pause was meant to not only give her a break from speaking but to let him mull over her reasoning and to collect his thoughts on her as well.

User ImageUser Image

-Mister Grell Sutcliff-

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Signature Look 250

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:54 pm
User Image

"Well stated. Your honesty is actually a very good asset to the position. Your familiarity with books is also a bonus in your case." Gearvin leaned back in his chair, looking contemplative. "However, there is a lot to being an agent, not just judging books, but being able to negotiate contracts with authors on various works. It is a large part of your position, since not only are you going to have to judge the books, but also give an estimate for how it could possibly sell and evaluate how much exposure the books will need. As a large part of your potential salary is dependant on this, it behooves you to be aware of these things."  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:49 pm
(But nobody’s listening)
(But nobody’s listening)

Nalla
User Image

"As much as I appreciate you telling me this I must state that I already know these things that you say. I am fully aware of the negotiation part of the job and the art of socializing and using charisma to make such negotiations happen." She met his eye pressing him with a rather determined look. "I refuse to tell a fabrication, I may not be the best for the job yet. However, on the risk of sounding conceited, I'm going to have to say that I fell as if the is something I know I can do very well in."

User ImageUser Image

-Mister Grell Sutcliff-

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Signature Look 250

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:14 pm
User Image

Gearvin's small smile was the only sign that he seemed pleased. "Well then," he stated, "as it seems that you are determined to prove your worth to this position, I welcome you to the agency." A slight twinkle was evident in his eye. "I appreciate determination, and it shows in your responses. It means that you'll be committed to providing the world of literature with quality work. You will of course be put on in a probationary period, while I evaluate your skills, and you are able to learn the tricks of the trade." He extended his hand. "Welcome aboard, Miss Nostradamus."  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:28 pm
(But nobody’s listening)
(But nobody’s listening)

Nalla
User Image

"Thank you," she clasped her chilled hand in his. She just might have smiled if that were a thing she knew how to do but she settled for the first sign if a smile, a crinkle in the corner of her eye, to show her zeal. "When should I come in?" She felt almost like she cold jump from joy, if only she were the type. Instead she kept herself together in a calm manner, and even kept her voice professional. "If you don't mind I would prefer starting as soon as possible."

User ImageUser Image

-Mister Grell Sutcliff-

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Signature Look 250

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:37 pm
User Image

Gearvin let go of her hand and nodded. "Well, I will show you to your office and let you get aquainted with the layout of the place. Afterward, you may arrange it as you see fit, but tomorrow I suggest you come on bright and early so that I may show you what needs to be done. There haven't been any new submissions yet, something I mean to rectify shortly, however be prepared to be tested on your evaluation skills. We shall go from there as far as any other business is necessary." He stood then, and waited for Miss Nostradamus to follow. He took her down a couple of doors, to a vacant office. "This shall be your office. If you need anything, do not hesitate to ask. Also, should you be finding yourself having troubles, inform me. I would rather have to come in and assist you than have something go wrong due to a lack of understanding. Also, be warned that I do not tolerate anything that will reflect badly upon this establishment. Should you perform any act like that, there will be no warning. You will find yourself without employment."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:43 pm
(But nobody’s listening)
(But nobody’s listening)

Nalla
User Image

"I assure you, you don't have to worry about such things." The words slipped from her lips as she peered around appreciating the space she would be calling her. 'It's a nice size and it looks nice enough.' She rummaged her brain trying to find a question she might have at that present time but she came up empty. Turning around she caught sight of a window of the the side. Green leaves dancing in the breeze reminding her of her hair. "As I am not sure how strict you are on dress code I must ask about my hair. I tend to change its color often, will that be a problem?"

User ImageUser Image

-Mister Grell Sutcliff-

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Signature Look 250

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:52 pm
User Image

Gearvin's eyes trailed up to her hair. It was indeed an odd colour, but given the numerous times he'd seen odd hair colours on different individuals over the years, it wasn't surprising, especially considering the younger witches and wizards. They seemed to be forever reinventing themselves with various fashions and styles, and it seemed that Miss Nostradamus was no exception.

He considered her question for a moment. "The dress code for the office is rather conservative, considering the professional attitude of the business. However, as long as your hair does not detract from your performance, I see no reason as to why you cannot change it. Just be advised that the moment it does become an issue, I will speak with you about it."  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:19 am
~John James~

~I may have no father...
Or magic....~

User Image
~John sighed and stepped into the store. he had heard that they needed a helper. The job did not seem to include magic, and as he could not do Magic..he hoped to get a job. He saw that some one else was already here. He sighed. He was used to disappointment, however, he really needed to be able to pay for his brothers school. He took a step back, looking at the door.
However, I have worth~

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:54 pm
User Image

Gearvin frowned as he looked toward the door. There seemed to be someone standing there, a teen it looked like, and he seemed to be looking about apprehensively. Gearvin excused himself for a moment, and approached the teen. "May I help you?" he asked.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:07 pm
~John James~

~I may have no father...
Or magic....~

User Image
~John he looked over, sheepishly. "Umm. Do.. You.. Errr. Higher squibs?" He asked, just coming out and saying it. He rubbed his hands back and forth. He was used to getting regected, but he really needed the job. He had worn his nicest clothes. They looked a little mismatched and out of date, but he was clean.
However, I have worth~

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:18 pm
User Image

Gearvin rose an eyebrow at the teen. He had asked if he hired squibs? That seemed like an odd question to ask. He preferred to judge people based on ability, and it made him wonder if his own sons would face the same ype of situations. Pushing the thought out of his head, he looked over the other male. Mismatched clothing and an air of defeat seemed to surround him. "That would depend on your capability and which job you would apply for." He watched the boy carefully. Honestly, what was with him and seeming to attract the downtrodden lately?  
Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff