Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
History of Magic III (1/5) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:49 am
We're going at it tonight, tonight
There's a party on the rooftop top of the world
Tonight, tonight and we're dancing on the edge of the Hollywood sign
I don't know if I'll make it but watch how good I'll fake it
It's all right, all right, tonight, tonight

𝕰lizabeth𝕭urke User Image
Third Year, Gryffindor

She sighed apathetically, and, having been ushered to the class by prefect she couldn’t name, she found herself trapped in History class with nowhere to go, and nothing to do, but wait until class was over. She didn’t ever expect to find herself here again, no, not really. She casually, slowly, meandered down lower and lower on her desk as he spoke more, and more, until her warm cheek slid against the cool wooden desk beneath her. One hand lazily set to scribble down notes on a piece of parchment, skipping over every other word.

My voice
---Half Witch-Half Veela
------ History
---------- Half asleep-half copying notes
-------------- ♪ ♫ ♪

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:15 am
Adalaide Blythe
Hufflepuff // Third Year // HoM Classroom // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // No one
CURRENTLY FEELING // Bored
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Why can't we learn something new?'
CURRENTLY// single // crushing // loving
═════════════════════════════════

User Image

Adalaide frowned as she took notes for the lesson. She rather hated this topic. It was upsetting to her, mostly because she was a halfblood, and she couldn't help but think that her blood status would be the norm, as opposed to a rarity, if not for this particular period. There had always been a lot of purists, of course, but in the time prior to the burnings and the paranoia that led to them, muggles and magical folk had gotten along, and marriage between them was common. Nowadays, the story of how a magical and a muggle parent even met is one that people listen to with fascination, simply because it just didn't happen that much. She thought that she might have read somewhere that the separation between the groups was also the reason for the unusually high number of muggleborns in later decades. Magical types would choose to stay with their muggle spouses, whose children would then marry muggles, and on and on until the magic in the blood was so thin that a magical child was unlikely. She smirked a little. The book had also said that the reverse, muggle members of magical families, were the reason behind Squibs. Her father always said that a Squib in the family was a sure sign of a muggle ancestor, something that amused Ada, since it always seemed to be the most uptight blood purists who were hiding a Squib in the attic.

═════════════════════════════════

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Schedule: Tran, DADA, Ast, Herb, Char, Pot, HoM

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:11 am

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡
Third Year, 𝔅eater
User Image

Dominic, seemingly paying attention, was huddled over his desk with a quill furiously scratching the roll of parchment extended over his desk. Anyone who glanced at him would have assumed he was a dutiful, note-taking student, but that was hardly the truth. Instead of taking notes like everyone else around him was probably doing, he was sketching. He was never very gifted at it, but he was better than most and he found it an ideal way to pass the time. Especially during class….

╔═══════════════════╗
Height: 5’7” ☣ Weight: 159lbs ☣ Age: 13
History of Magic
╚═══════════════════╝

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:55 pm

Cameron Rowley: Reserve Beater
Third Year: Gryffindor

User Image
If I Was Your Boyfriend..
I'd never let you go.

Cameron listened to the lecture and wrote down important notes.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:42 pm
User Image
User Image

Now where did I put that wand?

Grayson lowered his book as students started to enter the class. He looked over them all, curious as to how they would take the class. On one hand, there were those that found the class to be quite boring, and on the other hand, there were those that found, like himself, that history was full of intrigue, if they looked through it properly. At least that was how he viewed it. More than likely, the majority would find this class boring and move on, but he hoped that there were a few that he'd be able spark a bit of interest in the subject.

He stood, placing the book he'd been reading down.
"Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. As you all have had an entire summer to empty your heads of all that you may have learned over the last year, as well as give me a good chance to refresh your knowledge, today we will review what you have learned in the subject over the last year, before we go on to this year's topics. Please answer one at a time, and only cover one topic. That way, we can hopefully get everyone's participation in the class."

----------------------------------
State: Teaching
OOC: ...

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:37 pm
Chloe Clarisse
Hufflepuff
Third Year

User ImageUser ImageLocation: History of Magic: Friday - (2:00pm to 2:45pm)

History it was Chloe’s last class of the week just like last year. She loved history surprising though she never took any other history type classes this year. Her parents were even surprised but they were even more surprised when she told them she wanted to work at St. St. Mungo's or do something with Transfigurations. She had even considered becoming an Auror though she didn’t know how that would go.

Taking a seat in History at the front of the class Chloe’s thoughts wandered to what she was going to do after class and for the rest of the weekend. Maybe hang in the library… not that she didn’t do that every day. When class started Chloe wished that next week would start up so that they could finally work on something besides review. Every class it seemed had that cycle at the beginning at the year review then new material. Luckily her only saving grace was her electives.

Raising her hand Chloe remembered what they covered in class last year and then some. “We covered the deathly hallows three powerful objects in our world those being the elder wand, the resurrection stone, and the cloak of invisibility.” She spoke. That was sure to start some discussion right?

With: Third years

List of Knowledge: Progress

OOC: ---
User Image
Whiskers the Cat

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:16 am
User Image
User Image
▶ Despite the lies that you're making, your love is mine for the taking ◀
▶ My love is just waiting to turn your tears to roses ◀

╒═════════════════════════════╕

cнᴀɴcᴇ took his usual seat in History class and turned his attention to the front of the room. The professor was calling for a review of last term. Seemed simple enough. "The Olivander Family was discussed, sir." he said, plainly. This was a review, correct? That meant that he wasn't required to go too in-depth on a subject. After his statement, Chance fell silent, fidgeting with his scarf that still didn't match his house.

╘═════════════════════════════╛

▶ No, you'll never be alone ◀
▶ When darkness comes you know I'm never far ◀
▶ Hear the whispers in the dark ◀

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:30 pm
User Image
Sun ☼ Henrick

Gryffindor || Third Year
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Sun sighed, sitting towards the back of the classroom. He wasn't exactly too keen on being here, since he remembered nothing of the previous year. Though against all odds, he found himself pitching into the conversation. "Beedle the bard," he said. "We learned about his story." Well, that wasn't exactly like him... He didn't know he remembered anything. Or perhaps his conscious mind was playing a trick on him? Eh, it was all too confusing.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

I changed. Now I don't know who I am anymore.

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 3:13 pm
Today I feel surrounded
Today I am connected
Today I am a part of something more
As if every cell were singing
Still, I can't embrace it
Every silver lining has a cloud
But not so far
I keep waiting for the shoe to drop

Today I feel like dancing: Embarrassed
I never feel like dancing: I can't remember anything...
It's like even the weather suits my mood: Third Years
My entire soul is ringing: History of Magic

N E W L Y N | T A R A | V A S S

H U F F L E P U F F | B L O O D T R A I T O R | T H I R D Y E A RUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

For the life of her, Newlyn could remember nothing from the previous year. This was one of her worst classes. She just couldn't seem to keep all the facts in her head, and she always ended up sketching during lectures. So she stayed silent, mildly embarrassed.

From C A R I N G comes C O U R A G E

Waiting for the axe to fall
And it will happen
This I know
Just not so far
Still, I can't accept it
I keep looking for the thing to bring me down
Though I can't explain my reasons to you
I think we are the same

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:16 pm
User ImageUser Image 
I'm always ṡ¢яεαмιиģ my lungs out 'til my head starts รקเภภเภﻮ☩ 
Won't keep my νøι¢ε down☩ 
Know the words I รקєคк are the τнøυģнτṡ I think out ใ๏ย๔☩ 

×××××Jaslyn wandered into History class, and immediately spotted the red hair of her best friend. Quickly she made her way over to the boy and plopped down in the seat next to him. She pulled out a piece of parchment and a quill, making it seem like she was going to be taking notes. Instead though, she began to doodle. A heart, a star, an arrow, anything and everything that came to mind.

OOC...

Let's leave no words ยภรק๏кєภ, and save яεģяετṡ for the вяøќεи.☩ 
Will you even look ๒คςк when you think of мε?☩ 
I know to keep my hopes up ђเﻮђ, and my head down ℓøω.

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:18 am
User Image

User Image

Now where did I put that wand?

Grayson walked into the classroom, looked around to see that everything was ready, and picked up a piece of chalk. He wrote on the chalkboard, and when finished, turned to regard the class as a whole.

Professor Powell
Muggle Witch Burnings

"Hello class. Last time, we went over the subjects you studied last year to refresh any knowledge you may have lost over the summer. Today, we are going to go ahead and study the witch burnings of the 1600's.

"Now, as you are very well aware, muggles nowadays don't know about the wizarding world, due to either ignoring magic when they see it or passing it off as merely fantasy for children. However, that was not always the case. The International Statute of Secrecy was only enacted relatively recently within the last several centuries, which of course hides magic from the rest of the world.

"However, wizards and muggles did coexist at some point. For the greater bit of history, they worked together. However, at some point muggles began to distrust wizards, and some even began to fear them. It culminated into the infamous witch burnings that basically ran like wildfire across the world.

"The witch burnings weren't specific in who they targeted. Mostly, they actually persecuted other muggles who they believed to be a witch. Unfortunately, that wasn't always the case. Many of the witches and wizards they grabbed were muggleborn, and they were unfortunate in that most of the time when they were captured, it was due to uncontrollable acts of random magic they had performed.

"Contrary to the name, burning wasn't the only way they got rid of witches. Stoning, throwing them off cliffs, and even drownings were also considered to be acceptable ways to get rid of witches. Most witches and wizards who were caught actually didn't die, as they were able to cast some form of magic to get them out of the situation. One witch in particular found it quite fun to get caught. Wendolyn the Weird actually was caught a grand total of forty-seven times, mostly in different guises, because she found that the tickling sensation of casting a fire-freezing charm was actually enjoyable."

He sat at the edge of his desk as he regarded the class with a bit of a grin. "As I'm sure you have questions, please feel free to ask them, or if you wish to discuss it, that's perfectly fine too."

State: Teaching
OOC: ...

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 3:15 pm
User Image
Sun ☼ Henrick

Gryffindor || Third Year
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

How scary, these muggles. They would blame each other and kill each other over trivial things, and knowing nothing but mere rumors. Of course, wizards were the same... All living creatures were the same, in Sun's mind. While he pondered, other students would stay silent, ask questions, or do whatever they wanted. All he knew was that his mouth would not open and he would not utter a word, even though questions burned inside his mind.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

I changed. Now I don't know who I am anymore.

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:03 pm
Chloe Clarisse
Hufflepuff
Third Year

User ImageUser ImageLocation: History of Magic: Friday - (2:00pm to 2:45pm)

Chloe walked into class took her seat in the first row and listened to the class. Taking notes as the lesson of witch burning went on she remained quiet. She listened intently throughout the entire class lesson. Muggles sounded really easy to trick no wonder no one could ever find. They had so many spells that could hide them from any outsiders it seemed odd that some muggleborns were magically gifted.

For once Chloe didn’t ask a single question, she could have asked about it but she didn’t know how to bring it up without sounding… well weird. Her mother was a muggleborn witch so she knew a thing or too. Put she found it interesting that people who born into the magical world could still have the talent, some even better than ordinary everyday wizards.

With: Third years

List of Knowledge: Progress

OOC: ---
User Image
Whiskers the Cat

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:41 pm
Today I feel surrounded
Today I am connected
Today I am a part of something more
As if every cell were singing
Still, I can't embrace it
Every silver lining has a cloud
But not so far
I keep waiting for the shoe to drop

Today I feel like dancing: Inattentive
I never feel like dancing: This is an awful topic...
It's like even the weather suits my mood: Third Years
My entire soul is ringing: History of Magic

N E W L Y N | T A R A | V A S S

H U F F L E P U F F | B L O O D T R A I T O R | T H I R D Y E A RUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Newlyn, in her seat by the window, tried to pay attention. She really did. But the topic was just so... awful. Honestly, they were discussing ways poor witches and wizards were killed. She found herself doodling a fire in the corner of her parchment, smoke wafting up from it.

From C A R I N G comes C O U R A G E

Waiting for the axe to fall
And it will happen
This I know
Just not so far
Still, I can't accept it
I keep looking for the thing to bring me down
Though I can't explain my reasons to you
I think we are the same

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:45 pm
User Image
User Image
▶ Despite the lies that you're making, your love is mine for the taking ◀
▶ My love is just waiting to turn your tears to roses ◀

╒═════════════════════════════╕

cнᴀɴcᴇ scribbled down his notes, pausing every so often for reflection. What was it like back then? If he was himself in those times, he would surely be shunned, and as the professor said, burned. But they wouldn't catch him, no. He was smarter than the other ones that got caught. He wouldn't let some random burst of magic get him killed. Still, a question came to mind. "If the witches and wizards knew that the Muggles were out for them, why didn't they all leave? Find some place to live in peace with their own kind?" It made sense to him. If you weren't wanted, then you should go away. Simple as that.

╘═════════════════════════════╛

▶ No, you'll never be alone ◀
▶ When darkness comes you know I'm never far ◀
▶ Hear the whispers in the dark ◀

Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items