Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Rejected Olympics - PAINTBALLZ!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:36 pm
smarterish

lulz dat wus fun. rofl

LOL. Oh you. I was laughing so hard when that girl tried to be oh so kind to you and direct you to your lane. rofl

Ned-san

I'm too lazy to get Champion on all of them at the moment. Not like I'll be using them much.

Perhaps break out of character? Sike. You would never do that XD. I wouldn't take you seriously either. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:37 pm
Kyuui Kiwi
smarterish

lulz dat wus fun. rofl

LOL. Oh you. I was laughing so hard when that girl tried to be oh so kind to you and direct you to your lane. rofl

Ned-san

I'm too lazy to get Champion on all of them at the moment. Not like I'll be using them much.

Perhaps break out of character? Sike. You would never do that XD. I wouldn't take you seriously either. rolleyes

lol.... Well, it doesn't seem like I have to break out of character now, since even a dumbbell like Smarterish can now waltz in and just collect the prize with no effort or even a clue of what she's doing.

They really destroyed the game now, if you ask me. The Gaians were just starting to get together and show their spirit. Once people realize the results and how easy the game is by following simple directions from anyone who's done it properly before, the community finally grew warm, friendly, and helpful. Gaia was shining at its finest today, until they turned the game into a freebie giveaway. stressed

Now it's no different than simply clicking a link to claim your prize. After all that effort we spent building strong teams to beat that game, it's now all for naught and even an IRL Smarterish could do it alone. I tell you, Gaia developers sometimes seem so out of touch with the Gaia community based on the actions they take... sweatdrop

But at least their timing was good. They "fixed" the game just in time for Smarterish to make her grand debut. The new game makes even her look smart! rofl  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:44 pm
Ned-san

lol.... Well, it doesn't seem like I have to break out of character now, since even a dumbbell like Smarterish can now waltz in and just collect the prize with no effort or even a clue of what she's doing.

They really destroyed the game now, if you ask me. The Gaians were just starting to get together and show their spirit. Once people realize the results and how easy the game is by following simple directions from anyone who's done it properly before, the community finally grew warm, friendly, and helpful. Gaia was shining at its finest today, until they turned the game into a freebie giveaway. stressed

Now it's no different than simply clicking a link to claim your prize. After all that effort we spent building strong teams to beat that game, it's now all for naught and even an IRL Smarterish could do it alone. I tell you, Gaia developers sometimes seem so out of place with the Gaia community based on the actions they take... sweatdrop

But at least their timing was good. They "fixed" the game just in time for Smarterish to make her grand debut. The new game makes even her look smart! rofl

Yep, pretty much. A few people were also talking about how easy they made it and how it pretty much made the people who spent all of yesterday helping people work together seem like a waste.
Durem finally had a way to catch back up because we were able to work together unlike all the other teams... and they took that away. neutral  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:57 pm
Kyuui Kiwi

Yep, pretty much. A few people were also talking about how easy they made it and how it pretty much made the people who spent all of yesterday helping people work together seem like a waste.
Durem finally had a way to catch back up because we were able to work together unlike all the other teams... and they took that away. neutral

Yup, or to put it in an even more tangible sense for even those lacking in team spirit and just wanted something nice for themselves... some of us (notice I'm not excluding me, lol!) also put in all that effort in the hopes of obtaining a hard-to-gain item which would hold its value in the marketplace... even if it's not the best looking item, by virtue of its difficulty to obtain. Now that the items are barely above the status of a "Granted" event item, you can expect to see a massive decline in the market value of all the associated Olympics items.  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:08 pm
Ned-san
Yup, or to put it in an even more tangible sense for even those lacking in team spirit and just wanted something nice for themselves... some of us (notice I'm not excluding me, lol!) also put in all that effort in the hopes of obtaining a hard-to-gain item which would hold its value in the marketplace... even if it's not the best looking item, by virtue of its difficulty to obtain. Now that the items are barely above the status of a "Granted" event item, you can expect to see a massive decline in the market value of all the associated Olympics items.

Pretty much. I've been watching the price of the jacket, and I'm curious what people are buying it at. Last I checked the price is around 25k but the average buy price hasn't changed. No idea how often that updates.

I'm still curious about the last game though... it's kind of weird that an item won't be granted for it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:28 pm
Kyuui Kiwi

Pretty much. I've been watching the price of the jacket, and I'm curious what people are buying it at. Last I checked the price is around 25k but the average buy price hasn't changed. No idea how often that updates.

I'm still curious about the last game though... it's kind of weird that an item won't be granted for it.

Very odd indeed. At least we know we'll get achievements. If we've already been granted the 4 of 4 items, then that means we have a perfect score so far on all the games, which means that playing the last game will give us the Athlete award, and acing the last game will give us the Olympian award. However, it seems that there should be more than just that for the last game!

There could also be an award granted for "completing" the Olympics after we make the 100 event score, which would in essence be an item for the last game. The items so far have not actually been linked to any specific game. It just seemed that way to those of us who have been following the Olympics and playing each game as they came out. The balloons for instance, are not awarded by completing Space Drop, it is actually awarded for any first game you score over 10 on, no matter which game it is.

Last Olympics there were also trophies awarded to members of each team according to their status. I hope we get something like that again as well. smile  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:42 pm
Ned-san
Very odd indeed. At least we know we'll get achievements. If we've already been granted the 4 of 4 items, then that means we have a perfect score so far on all the games, which means that playing the last game will give us the Athlete award, and acing the last game will give us the Olympian award. However, it seems that there should be more than just that for the last game!

There could also be an award granted for "completing" the Olympics after we make the 100 event score, which would in essence be an item for the last game. The items so far have not actually been linked to any specific game. It just seemed that way to those of us who have been following the Olympics and playing each game as they came out. The balloons for instance, are not awarded by completing Space Drop, it is actually awarded for any first game you score over 10 on, no matter which game it is.

Last Olympics there were also trophies awarded to members of each team according to their status. I hope we get something like that again as well. smile

I hope there's another item. I like items. emotion_dowant Like you said, maybe it'll be for playing all the games, or acing all the games.

I'd assume there would be a trophy, considering the event link is a trophy. It'd be pretty lame if they didn't. To be honest though, I don't think the trophy looks very nice. Perhaps its the color that sorta throws me off.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:46 pm
Kyuui Kiwi

I hope there's another item. I like items. emotion_dowant Like you said, maybe it'll be for playing all the games, or acing all the games.

I'd assume there would be a trophy, considering the event link is a trophy. It'd be pretty lame if they didn't. To be honest though, I don't think the trophy looks very nice. Perhaps its the color that sorta throws me off.

Yeah, the color is a little off. I hope there's more poses to hold it in though. That's the only thing I didn't like about the last Olympic's trophies, is that you can only hold it in front of your face. That's why I'm not carrying any of mine.

It would be cool if the trophy was a big honker like the Fishing Trophies are. Go to the marketplace and try on some of the fishing trophies, and you'll see what I mean. XD

Judging by the relative size of the event trophy next to our avis, that's entirely possible!  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:54 pm
Ned-san

Yeah, the color is a little off. I hope there's more poses to hold it in though. That's the only thing I didn't like about the last Olympic's trophies, is that you can only hold it in front of your face. That's why I'm not carrying any of mine.

It would be cool if the trophy was a big honker like the Fishing Trophies are. Go to the marketplace and try on some of the fishing trophies, and you'll see what I mean. XD

Judging by the relative size of the event trophy next to our avis, that's entirely possible!

I know right! I put this trophy on and was like "YOU SRS?" Haha. It blocks everything emo

Trust me I've tried on those fishing trophies on a billion times. I was obsessed with fishing for a few years and I tried very hard to get them (at least a bronze) but never managed to. Those guys are dedicated XD. Half of my friends list are fishers, the other half NSTG. (And a few random people here and there). Its funny you brought it up cause I just started fishing again today..... In a room right now XD.

Back on topic... yes. They are nice trophies. blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:58 pm
Kyuui Kiwi

I know right! I put this trophy on and was like "YOU SRS?" Haha. It blocks everything emo

Trust me I've tried on those fishing trophies on a billion times. I was obsessed with fishing for a few years and I tried very hard to get them (at least a bronze) but never managed to. Those guys are dedicated XD. Half of my friends list are fishers, the other half NSTG. (And a few random people here and there). Its funny you brought it up cause I just started fishing again today..... In a room right now XD.

Back on topic... yes. They are nice trophies. blaugh

Hah, well I know you'll be so much more pro than I am! I would never even consider going for any sort of fishing prize... it's just beyond me, lol.

Have you made many nice helmets or other items yet?  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:03 pm
Ned-san

Hah, well I know you'll be so much more pro than I am! I would never even consider going for any sort of fishing prize... it's just beyond me, lol.

Have you made many nice helmets or other items yet?

I have a blue seedkin cap but thats about it I think. I have a relatively large collection of fish I gathered over the years, but I don't really like turning my precious fishies into items emotion_kirakira That and I probably wouldn't have enough. When they came out with the new fishies though, they made some really really nice items to go along with it emotion_awesome I might just buy them instead if I really wanted it. Its cheaper that way too. wink  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:11 pm
Kyuui Kiwi

I have a blue seedkin cap but thats about it I think. I have a relatively large collection of fish I gathered over the years, but I don't really like turning my precious fishies into items emotion_kirakira That and I probably wouldn't have enough. When they came out with the new fishies though, they made some really really nice items to go along with it emotion_awesome I might just buy them instead if I really wanted it. Its cheaper that way too. wink

*gasp* Buy them? Such traitorous words! eek

The only fishie I have is in a bag. It's pretty cute, lol. I think I left it in my house inventory, so I should get it out...

*EDIT: There it is, lol...  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:15 pm
Ned-san
Kyuui Kiwi

*gasp* Buy them? Such traitorous words! eek

The only fishie I have is in a bag. It's pretty cute, lol. I think I left it in my house inventory, so I should get it out...

*EDIT: There it is, lol...

HEY. I made my seedkin hat! gonk Would it be better if I got enough fish to trade them in, then bought it instead? xP

Lol, fish in a bag... Why was it all alone in your home? Poor fishy. Its probably dead.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:54 pm
Kyuui Kiwi

HEY. I made my seedkin hat! gonk Would it be better if I got enough fish to trade them in, then bought it instead? xP

Lol, fish in a bag... Why was it all alone in your home? Poor fishy. Its probably dead.

Hehe, no... buying it does sound more sensible, lol.

Well, the fishie is floating near the top... but he's still right-side up. wink  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:02 pm
Ned-san

Hehe, no... buying it does sound more sensible, lol.

Well, the fishie is floating near the top... but he's still right-side up. wink

Lol this conversation just died...
FISHES.

We should have a guild fishing trip. Or a guild Game day. Play blackjack or something. Dunno. Games are always boring alone.  
☆ Word Games

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff