Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Fallrein Homestead Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:39 am
I've been grinding so long, been trying this s**t for years
And I got nothing to show, just climbing this rope right here
And if there's a man upstairs, he kept bringing me rain
But I've been sending up prayers and something's changed
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

FatherMarried Knower of OcculumencyIllegitimate Nott

╔═══════════════════╗

Tobi had expected the smacks but that didn't make them hurt less. It was like the man trained all day specifically just to swat him. Still though, his words were exactly what his words had tried to be but failed so he would be forever grateful that Marius started talking or this train wreck would've been on fire before it started. But then Silas opened his mouth and let loose his torrent of snark and he figured that maybe it'd been on fire for a while and he just didn't notice. He was both hurt and a bit pissed off when he kept going and mentioned "expanding their collection" like what the ******** was that supposed to mean?! He thinks they just trolled through the orphanage looking at kids like they would strolling through ******** Amazon? Tobi had to let go of Marius' hand so he didn't squeeze it too tight as he reigned in the words he wanted to say. There were parenting books and blogs about not getting snippy and snarky back at your teen when they were doing it but that was pretty much all he wanted to do. Christ they had ******** up and he was certainly letting them know it. "Alrigh', obviously you've been feelin' this way for a while now an' we missed it, bu' tha's not because we didn', or don' care abou' yer inpu' in our family. I don' know wha' gave ya th' idea-actually I do know so tha's a lie, and we're tryin' ta make up for i'." Goddammit his son really wasn't making this easy for them. "I think sayin' sorry isn' gonna help or change things in this instance. You've already said as much so I guess what me an yer Pa will have ta focus on is regainin' yer trus'. An' for th' recor'. we don' have any kid waitin' in the wind or somethin'. We're pretty happy with you four an' th' packs of cats skulkin' th' grounds." Tobi thought to mention shooting the teen an unimpressed look.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX╚═══════════════════╝

The Forgotten Weasley

Devlyn Maycry

I think I finally found my hallelujah
I've been waiting for this moment all my life
Now all my dreams are coming true, ya
I've been waiting for this moment

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:47 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
xxxxxx

Marius resisted the urge to roll his eyes at the torrent of snark coming from his teenage son's mouth. He knew all about teenage snark. His brothers had been the kings of teenage snark... which had ended so well for them he supposed. One still lived at home because his girlfriend best friend whatever had abandoned him after god knows how many years of dating,
                                                      and the other one had ran off with their sister... wow he had a messed up family. At least they weren't blood related he supposed. He snapepd himself back into focus when Silas said they clearly didn't give a s**t what he thought.
                                                      "Alright boy, hold up. We love you and you are our son. I know we didn't ask you about bringing home another kid, and I know we broke your trust there, but to think we don't care is wrong."

He shut up after that and let Tobi speak. He was somehow more level headed than Marius felt right now. He nodded his head as Tobi spoke about them not having another kid in waiting. It wasn't like they just popped down to the orphanage and picked up a stray kid when they got bored.
                                                      Hell they had a nice packful in the house already. They seriously did not need anymore. Not to mention all the cats, and the two dogs,
                                                      and god knows what else the boys had snuck into the house.

Yukina101

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:14 pm
This island has become
An ocean and my boat's too small
The waves are crashing in
But I can't save this sinking ship
I sent out signal flares
But no one out there seems to care

𝔰𝔦𝔩𝔞𝔰
𝔤𝔞𝔟𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔩
𝔣𝔞𝔩𝔩𝔯𝔢𝔦𝔫

fourteen years old │ adopted │ squib

Silas fought not to roll his eyes at their replies. He muttered something that sounded suspiciously like 'obviously' under his breath; it wasn't like he would know, he was always busy with work- Pa was the one who was home with them, most of the time. Da promised to make up for it, whatever that meant, and that they would have to focus on regaining his trust. By doing what? They claimed they were done adopting, for now, so it wasn't like they had one more chance to redeem themselves. As far as he was concerned, it was kind of late for trying to make it up to him, and they should all probably just focus on not pissing each other too much before he was too old and too fed up to hang around anymore.

Being the oldest of four wasn't exactly this great, fun time, especially when the second oldest, Lewis, was five entire years younger. He couldn't exactly commiserate with a nine year old. And Heath and Lukas were cute and sweet, but sometimes he really wanted to give them a good smack, since they were still at the age where they had no idea when they'd crossed over from 'entertaining' to 'get the hell away from me, you're acting like a little s**t'. Silas loved his brothers, but he'd spent the first eight years of his life with none, and to go from that to having three in fairly quick succession hadn't been what he would describe as the best time of his life. Maybe it had been for his fathers, but they were the ones who'd wanted a bunch of kids.

"Okay," he shrugged passively, "Cool, I guess." He shot Pa a scowl when he addressed him as 'boy'. If he started with that s**t, Silas was just going to call him Marius, because really, neither of the two men were actually old enough to be his biological father. "I've got a name, and it's not 'boy'," he said flatly. "Especially when you're only thirteen friggin' years older than me. I could be your little brother, not your son. And sorry, I guess, for offending you both so much by thinking you didn't care, but I don't get how you literally just bringing home siblings for me with no warning was supposed to make me feel that you cared. Because as far as I can tell, I'm not exactly at the top of the list of priorities in this family." He looked pissed. Good. At least it wasn't just him anymore. He folded his arms moodily, fighting the urge to yawn once again. They were the ones who'd decided to ambush him in the kitchen like this.

OOC:
Yukina101

Devlyn Maycry

Now the voice inside my head
Is the only thing that I have left
This is the part where I'll admit
I'm getting what I deserve
And now I'm lost at sea
I'm drowning in what I won't be

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:03 pm

╔═══════════════════╗

Tobi groaned and barely stopped himself from putting his face in both his hands as his husband and son went back and forth. Any other day he'd be almost giddy and wouldn't be able to wait to tell Marius that see, he could hold his tongue, but he didn't think it'd go over so well now. Both sides were right but also both sides were wrong so how the hell were they supposed to go about this? If Silas was younger he was pretty sure all these flowery words and gestures might've work (might because even when he had been a little kid he had been a little sharper than the average cutlery) but now it was a completely different Quidditch match. Like he said, in a few years he could leave and never come back or talk to them again and that thought made him sick to his stomach that his son was even contemplating such drastic measures because they didn't bone up and keep something as ******** simple as talking to their son. "Ok! This is goin' in th' exact opposite of where we wan' i'!" he told them both trying not to raise his voice because lord knows what would've happened if they actually started yelling. "Silas, this woul' be a whole lo' easier withou' yer snark bu' I can' faul' ya for how yer feelin'. Yer righ' tha' we've disregarded yer feelin's on th' matter bu' yer wrong tha' yer not the top of our priorities. Yer our son no matter how close in age we are an' no matter how much we screw tha' up. An' we have, we're admittin' tha', bu' we're jus' tryin' to ge' you ta understan' tha'. You've been angry wit' us for a lon' time an' you pu' up and accepted yer siblin's despite i' all so I jus'....I don' know how ta make this better Si, I really don'. Yer no' a little kid any more an' we need ta star' rememberin' tha'. So tell us' wit' minimal sarcasm if ya can, wha' we can do ta help."

The Forgotten Weasley

Devlyn Maycry

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:25 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
xxxxxx

Marius bit his tongue when Silas got snotty. He was not going to engage in this. He knew better. He'd read pretty much every parenting book possible, because he had no idea what he was doing in this. And every book ever said don't engage the snotty teenage snark. It only made it worse. So he kept his mouth shut and did his best to not glare too hard at the child. He also was trying hard not to call him a child outloud... despite him acting very much like a child. He knew Tobi was right when he said it was going exactly where they didn't want it to go so he took a deep breath and uncrossed his arms. He wasn't even sure when he crossed his arms in the first place. He hadn't been aware of them being crossed until he was uncrossing them.

"What do you want from us Silas?" He asked clearly. He was trying to stay level headed and his voice was soft and even.
                                                      "We are clearly sorry about this and we know we broke a promise to you. I don't know how you feel about your siblings. I know you are nice to them, but you clearly are angry at us about them. Which only leads me to believe you don't like your brothers either. I... We wanted to make you happy. We wanted you to have siblings and parents that loved you. I know we never stopped to ask you what you wanted, and that is our fault, but we can't stop and turn back time now. You have siblings. So what do you want from us now?"

Yukina101

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:58 am
This island has become
An ocean and my boat's too small
The waves are crashing in
But I can't save this sinking ship
I sent out signal flares
But no one out there seems to care

𝔰𝔦𝔩𝔞𝔰
𝔤𝔞𝔟𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔩
𝔣𝔞𝔩𝔩𝔯𝔢𝔦𝔫

fourteen years old │ adopted │ squib

Silas didn't know why they were acting like he was being difficult. He wasn't the one who'd decided to poke the bear here. He would have been perfectly happy to never have this conversation, ever. It wasn't like he devoted himself to constantly glaring at them or slamming doors in their faces. He thought he was perfectly civil most of the time, and the rest of the time he was busy with either school, homework, football, or hanging out with his friends. Why was it all on him to figure out how they could make up for it, anyways? They were the parents, as they kept saying. Weren't there books on what to do after alienating your child?

"Maybe you don't get to make it better," he snapped, "Maybe you just have to learn to deal with it. I have. I get it, okay? You had kinda shite childhoods and you didn't want us to have shite childhoods so you adopted a bunch of kids and thought we'd all be one big happy family? And we mostly are, it's just that sometimes it really feels like I have to grin and bear it for the sake of everyone else, and maybe I'm sick of it," he said coldly, before his eyes flashed when Pa said that he was 'led to believe that he didn't like his brothers'. "I don't like them? Their combined average age is like, eight. They're my brothers, okay? That doesn't mean I like them, it means that I keep my mouth shut and don't get into it with you in front of them. If I really hated them, trust me, we'd have had this little chat a lot sooner," he said pointedly.

Were they all his very best friends? No! Jesus, they were little kids! They annoyed the shite out of him most of the time, but that didn't mean he wanted anything bad to happen to them or for them to go away. "It's whatever, okay? What am I gonna say? Dump 'em all back at Wool's? Drop me off too for good measure? I don't know what I want, alright? Why do I have to have some clear plan? I guess, going forward, maybe you two should actually have to suffer through sitting us all down together and saying 'hey, we might want to adopt... again... and we wanted to know what you thought'." He wanted to say 'and that was obviously too much work in the past, which is why you never bothered', but he wasn't looking to really start a war here.

OOC:
Yukina101

Devlyn Maycry

Now the voice inside my head
Is the only thing that I have left
This is the part where I'll admit
I'm getting what I deserve
And now I'm lost at sea
I'm drowning in what I won't be

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:49 am

╔═══════════════════╗

Tobi wasn't a general or tactician and he'd never been in a war that didn't involve pranks but he knew when to retreat. This discussion which they had hoped with bridge the gap between them and Silas just made them realize how large the void really was. They were going to have to work on this as a daily accomplishment with minor acquiescent. He wasn't a bad kid which sorta made all this a little bit worse because with what he said he felt he could've become the rebellious teen from hell but really besides the earring and his odd friends (though really like he could talk) he was pretty normal. Maybe they, he and Marius, could try one-on-one time with him. If he'd go for it really. It could easily end up with him on one side of his bedroom door and them on the other side like a ******** up version of 'Frozen', but, like Silas said, maybe it had to be that way for a while before things got better. Tobi sighed again and sent his husband a look hoping to convey his "drop it" message accordingly. "I hate ta leave i' this way because we really wan' ta make things right wit' you Silas bu' I guess we'll have ta respec' yer wishes an' jus' accep' tha' there's some thin's we can' always fix. Bu' jus' cos I agree wit' tha' don' mean we're gonna stop tryin'. We wan' you ta trus' us again so tha' means we'll have ta buil' i' from th' groun' up, so we will. This also means you have ta try as well wit' us, Si. We made mistakes an' we're prolly gonna make more so I guess...don' take them as we don' care bu' as we're tryin' 's all I-we wan'." Tobi told him. He wondered if a hug would be accepted or if the teen would just freeze up though ruffling his hair wouldn't really do much but probably piss him off further. Though just patting him on the shoulder seemed like such a d**k move or worse, would seem like something his own sperm donor would do that it nearly sent shivers down his spine. In the end he got up from his seat and gave his son a brief hug knowing it probably wouldn't be reciprocated before releasing him and going back by Marius.

The Forgotten Weasley

Devlyn Maycry

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash