Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Event Archive
Fairway Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:14 am
La Famille Montague

User Image

”This should hopefully bring about a bit of normalcy, wouldn’t you agree, dear?” Charles Montague smiled warmly down upon the top of dark red hair that was nestled in his arm. Mary-Louise Montague smiled just as bright, her soft eyes searching for that of her sons before she replied.

”Oui, mon amour,” her lips grew into a slow grin. ”Oh, come now Dominic, don’t look so sad. You love the circus, mon amour, remember?”

But Dominic didn’t answer, if anything, he turned away and shrugged his shoulders, bored and lazy blue eyes skimming over the crowd to find anyone of interest. He sneered when he spotted the Notts, he knew his father would be like to do the same when he spotted them. Despite all of the bitter rivalry, it wasn’t the time or the place and both families would agree. So, they carried on.

”Dominic, your brother will be here soon, the two of you can explore the grounds while your mother and I enjoy the talent show. Don’t wander off too far, comprende?” Charles had been sure to receive a solid nod from his son before the adults decidedly split ways, if only for familial appearances. It would have been odd to attend without the whole family, and it would have been worse if he followed at their heels like a prisoner—everybody knew that.

They’d want him to try and be normal, try and look normal. But he didn’t feel unnormal. He sighed as he shoved his hands in his pockets and wandered around. Briefly, he spotted the fortune teller, but he’d always thought divinations were a bloody joke. He even spotted a few classmates, but, no one he really knew, or rather, no one he knew would actually put up with him. Idly, he wondered if Damien and Marina would be here… The probably already were, well, maybe. He had no clue how Damien had been faring all summer long, if there had been any letters—his parents had probably been locking them up tight. Another sigh, and he could only hope that Grace would show up tonight, somewhere.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:14 pm
User ImageUser Image 

ஐ Pureblood ஐ Fifth Year ஐ Single ஐ

Show me how to lie. You’re getting better all the timeஐ 
                                                        And as you step back into line. A mob jumps to their feetஐ 
                                                        Now dance, dance Man, he never had a chance

Michelle chuckled at Ada's defense of dragon taming. She also was now picturing Ada's mum hopping on a broom and trying to make it fly as a dragon came bounding towards her. It was a morbid yet hilarious image. She smirked and tightened her grasp on Ada's shoulders briefly in a one armed hug as they continued to walk. "What? Does Adalaide Blythe want to give up her life of plants for the much more exciting life of taming dragons for wizard zoos?" The blonde teased her best friend, smirking down at her. She couldn't help but tease the smaller girl. It was so amusing to do sometimes.

"There isn't much normal about you Ada." Michelle said with laughter ringing in her voice. She made no account to deny herself being crazy. She wasn't sure if crazy was the right word, but if the other choice was normal, then crazy would do. Michelle sure as hell was not normal, and that was such an obvious fact that even she couldn't deny it. She still found it highly amusing that her timid and shy best friend was so excited about dangerous, fire breathing, dragons. But it was only one of the many reasons she thought Ada wasn't normal. A big one was that said shy, timid, Hufflepuff was best friends with a girl like her. If that didn't make someone crazy then nothing did.

With a thousand lies, and a good disguiseஐ 
                                                        Hit ‘em right between the eyesஐ 
                                                        When you walk away, nothing more to sayஐ 
                                                        See the lightning in your eyes. See ‘em running for their lives

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:36 pm
User Image

Adalaide is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Wearing at Locationspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing on Chris // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Michellespacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, this is going to be so much fun!' spacespac
'You didn't have to look my way;
Your eyes still haunt me to this day.'

═════════════════════════════════

Adalaide laughed a bit. "Maybe I do! Maybe I want some excitement! An adventure!" She bounced up on the last word, pumping her fist in the air like a traveler about to embark on some exciting, dangerous quest. Something had put a pep in her step... at least, more of one than usual. Although, she had to admit... her adventure was less danger, more intrigue. She wondered, briefly, if a certain tall, dark stranger would make an appearance tonight. She'd still not told Michelle about the letter. Partially because of the lecture she'd gotten last time and partially because the alternative would be Michelle saying 'Hah, I told you so!' And then possibly wanting to meet Chris and threaten him. Because she knew that was exactly the sort of thing Michelle would do. She wasn't really keeping a secret. She just... was waiting for the right time to mention her new pen pal. And maybe, just maybe... having this secret to herself made it a little more exciting. She tapped her chin thoughtfully. "Of course, on my adventures, no one dies. At least, not from another person attacking them or whatever. Death by fire-breathing dragon is way cooler, and less depressing, than death by bad guy with a wand." Ada might long for adventure, but she still didn't want to ever put herself in a position where another person could do her harm. If she died, it would be a freak accident, probably related to a venomous plant of some sort. Or... maybe a dragon, she thought, her expression turning gleeful. What a way to go! Painful, of course, but you didn't have to hold it against the dragon!

'But you did... yes, you did.'

User Image

(( OOC: ))

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:59 pm
User ImageUser Image

Kenny looked up and was a bit awed by it all. He did not understand a word of what it all meant but it was still kool "So what does that all mean?" He asked curiosity all over his face clearly wanting to know more.

User Image
OOC:

Xistund

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:33 pm
Leonette Rosalia Mitchell
Age Ten

Grace Nicola Mitchell
Age Five

User ImageUser Image Location: Circus Maisc

When the fortune teller told the boy his fortune it was nothing more than one big riddle. Leonette had no idea what it meant and it seemed it didn’t to the kid either. “Sounds like something about a secret?” she said giving it her best guess. Grace found it interesting. When Kenny asked what it meant Grace put her brain to work.

“Let’s see… it’s a secret but you don’t know what that secret is yet?” Grace guessed. “You were left with it…” she kept on trying to figure it out. “Maybe it has something to do with Hogwarts.” she said remembering the book she and her cousin were reading. “Gracie.” Leonette said shaking her head. Why did she always have to do this.

With: Grace, a boy (Kenny), and a fortune teller
With: Leo, a boy (Kenny), and a fortune teller

OOC: I wonder if I'm close to figuring out the fortune teller's riddle.

Essy ze Ninja
Xistund

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:52 am
User ImageUser Image

Kenny looked at the girl with a confused look on his face. "Hogwarts? Whats that?" He asked never hearing of the school since his brother and sister smuggled him to the circus and that he's never really been anywhere magical beforehand. Was that what the riddle was about some place called Hogwarts.

User Image
OOC:

Xistund

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:41 am
Leonette Rosalia Mitchell
Age Ten

Grace Nicola Mitchell
Age Five

User ImageUser Image Location: Circus Maisc

He didn’t know about Hogwart! Grace was shocked then again there were reasons why one wouldn’t know about such things. “It’s a school for witches and wizards.” Grace replied. “They teach kids from the age of eleven to seventeen how to use magic.” Leo added with a smile. “The kinds of things that can’t be explain normally like your future.” She continued. “Yeah you live there for the whole year… minus holidays. My cousins go there.” Grace chimed in again. “If you don’t know about that then you must have come here with someone who does.” Leonette stated coming to a conclusion. “Who’d you come with?” Gracie asked curiously.

With: Grace, a boy (Kenny), and a fortune teller
With: Leo, a boy (Kenny), and a fortune teller

OOC: ---

Essy ze Ninja
Xistund

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:30 pm
User ImageUser Image 

Michelle rolled her eyes at Ada's ridiculousness. "You know quite well that you would never abandon your plants in favour of anything." Michelle teased, knowing just how much Adalaide loved her plants. She was probably the one and only reason the blonde was not going to fail her Herbology OWL this year. Still she chuckled at the girl's antics and steered the two of them towards the main tent and where all the signs said the dragon tamer was to be found. Her mind on the other hand had wandered off. She was still hoping she was right about what she had told Ada about the strange boy she'd met. Sure they had fought over her being so protective, but she wanted Ada to be happy.... and the way her best friend spoke of the stranger made it sound like he would make her exponentially happy. Thus, Michelle was begging with whatever Gods may be, that he would write her or meet up with her..... even if she didn't quite approve just yet.

She was snapped out of her thoughts by Ada's words. "I dunno...." She said with a crawling smirk. "I'm the one who's been in magic fights before, and they are pretty exciting.... and death by my wand is a lot like death by fire-breathing dragon." She chuckled slightly, ruffling Ada's hair playfully. She of course was referring to her ever present affinity towards any kind of fire spell. She could perform almost all of them perfect on the first try.... some of them with a bit more power than intended. Her mind wandered back to the first time she'd cast Incendio and had accidentally burnt her hand from the unexpected strength of the spell. She smiled and stopped their movement to glance around idly. "But.... since your so keen on death by dragon..... maybe I shouldn't let you go see the dragon tamer." She teased, just waiting for her friend's face to fall and for her to beg to go.... or for her to her playfully angry and drag her off to it anyways. Either way, Michelle would find it quite amusing.

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:06 pm
User Image

Ada, deciding that she was in far too good a mood to let anything ruin it, chose to ignore Michelle's reference to the danger she was constantly putting herself in. Instead, she turned again, walking backwards in front of her friend, her hands clasped like she was praying, and gave Michelle her best pouty face. "Surely you wouldn't be so cruel! Surely you wouldn't tease me like that!" She glanced over her shoulder to be sure she didn't run into anyone, her eyes pleading, but filled with humor. "What if I promise I won't die? Can we go then? Pleeeeeeeaaaaase?" She drug the please out like a child, barely keeping a her mouth from quirking into a smile. As if Michelle would pass up an opportunity to see a dragon, of all things! Ada couldn't imagine. She grabbed Michelle's hands in her own and tugged her along towards the tent, finally giving into the smile. "Besides, it was your idea. You wanna go as bad as I do, admit it!" The Hufflepuff knew that, in spite of Michelle's supposed apathy towards most everything, this would be one of the few things that the Slytherin was honestly interested in. Even if she wasn't skipping and jumping at the idea like Ada was.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:29 pm
User ImageUser Image 

Michelle smirked as Ada went for the begging factor and dragged out her words like a 6 year old. Michelle couldn't help but laugh and nod her head. "Fine fine. We'll go." She said, smirking. She continued to laugh as Ada tugged on her hands, dragging her towards the main tent. "Okay okay!" She said in between spurts of laughter. "I admit it." She smiled and let Ada pull her along. Her laughter still ringing out.

Ada was truly one of the very few people that could actually make her laugh. Smirk, chuckle, even the occasional smile most people could get out of her, but Ada was one of the only people who could actually make her truly full blown laugh. Like a normal teenage girl. She smiled and spun Ada around right before she ran into a pole. "You should really watch where you are going dear Hufflepuff." She said with a smirk, her laughter finally dying down totally. She steered Ada around the pole and through the flap of the main tent. "Off to see a dragon Ada."

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:44 pm
User Image

Adalaide gave her friend a wide smile when Michelle gave in, and jumped a bit in excitement. "Oh, I bet this is gonna be so cool!" When Michelle spun her around to avoid the pole, she crossed her arms and rolled her eyes. "Ya know, I used to be a lot better at not running into things when I walked backwards. But now I've always got you turning me around on my heel. It;s your fault. I'm out of practice." She skipped a little, smiling. She'd always preferred walking backwards to forwards, mostly because she liked looking at the people she was talking to, and she always seemed to be a couple steps ahead of everyone. She supposed it was because she was a bit more enthusiastic about things than everyone else. But she couldn't really help it; she felt things strongly, and she'd never been taught to cover her feelings up. In public, she knew to keep her temper down, and her voice, but when you were happy, her parents had told her to share that. It helped brighten other people's days, they'd said. And Ada thought it was mostly true. Nothing helped brighten a sour mood than a smile. She glanced at Michelle, her eyes bright.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:56 pm
User Image
                                                    Do you really wanna be like them?
                                                      Do you really wanna be another trend?
                                                        Do you wanna be part of that crowd?
                                                          Cause I don't ever wanna
                                                            I don't ever wanna be

User Image

Luke sighed as Steffi dragged him through the crowd. Well, at least he wasn't in trouble this time. He looked around as he was tugged, trying to see if he could spot the blond or the brunette. Unfortunately, unlike his own hair color, those two were common enough that they could get lost in the crowd. "I can't see them. At the moment, I wish we'd at least taught Jer to shoot up sparks if he got lost, but if he's anything like you Steff..." He didn't complete that sentence, because honestly, Steffi was probably worried enough about them. When Cain appeared with cotton candy, he blinked. "Well, that's one down. Which means the others are probably in some sort of trouble if what you said about them was true."

User Image
State: Confused
OOC: ...

You, don't wanna be just like youxxx
What I'm sayin' isxxxxx
This is the anthemxxxxxxx
Throw all your hands upxxxxxxxxx
You, don't wanna be youxxxxxxxxxxx

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:57 pm
User Image 

ஒ Mudblood ஒ Orphan ஒ Single ஒ

But I know that, I was put here, to fight Vikings, in the cold war, 
                                                                                                with my arms out, in the front lines, singing, “Dare me. Dare me.”

Steffi rammed herself to a halt as Cain up to them. She smiled brightly at her brother, ignoring the fact that she was indeed still blushing and still holding Luke's hand. That was only because of the crowd though! "Yum! Cotton candy." She said cheering. She dropped Aubrey's hand, figuring Cain would take it up when they started moving again and reached out to take a stick of purple cotton candy and kiss her brother's cheek gently. At his next question she shrugged helplessly. "I dunno. We were all just starting to look for you guys."

Suddenly her eyes shot to the side as she heard a man yelling about.... a magic act? She rolled her eyes and pointed towards where the voice was coming from. "How much you want to bet that if we push through that crowd of people we'll find Jer doing one of his magic acts?" She asked, wanting to bury her face in her hands. Jer knew magic was real now! All the people here were magical! They'd know his magic wasn't just sleight of hand! He was underage; he could get in trouble.

She sighed and tightened her grasp on Luke's hand. "They were raised by me." She said, glancing at her best friend with a smirk. "Could you expect anything less than trouble?" She laughed and pulled Luke forward towards the cluster of people gathering around what had to be her little brother. She wanted to at least be near by if he started to get himself into trouble. Honestly she should probably be looking for Kenny since he didn't know about magic, but the younger boy was smaller... and therefore harder to find. She could capture Jer then go after Kenny. 

I hope they hurt you. I hope they scar you. I hope they heal you. 
                                                                                                You’ve got to weigh your
                                                                                                wars make sure you’re not fighting for nothing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:31 pm
User Image
User Image

Yves walked along the fairway, mostly meandering. His aunt had given him the money to go spend time out, and he had decided to come here. There was only so much he could sketch in Diagon Alley, and now he wanted to see if he could sketch some things at the circus. Should be good exercise, anyway. He glanced around, and then blinked. Wasn't that Remy from the store the other day? Walking up behind her, he tapped her gently on the shoulder. "Mademoiselle? What are you doing 'ere? 'Aving a day off of work?"

Thinking: Well, there's Remy.
OOC: ...

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:43 pm
User ImageUser Image
Sixth YearPrefectCaptainWerewolfChaserGryffindor
Ⓡⓔⓜⓨ squeaked at the random contact, then spun in her shoes. Hey! It was Yves! "Helo, fy ffrind! How are you?!" She grinned, then brushed a bit of hair from her eyes. She was much happier today, since the sun was out in full force, even if it made her a bit sweaty... Her curls bounced a bit, despite the weight of her hair... since it was at her knees again. She had debated briefly on just chopping it all off, leaving just enough to cover her ears, but hadn't been able to bring herself to do it. Her rosy cheeks made her eyes glow. "And yes, I took a day off. A girl can only handle so many plants before she starts to goo loony!"

UT
f
HARACTER
{Translation: Hello, my friend!}

Event Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items