Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
☆ Moved! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:40 am
umbraja
Oh goodness yes. I think I could write a better mobile app (though that really does depend on how poorly Gaia's databases are written).

But. . . really, the site doesn't work too bad in a mobile browser. The Flash games are the only low point and you can even play them if you have the right browser (it's called Puffin and runs Flash on an iPhone). Sure the text is friggin tiny but you can zoom in and that doesn't seem to bother young people like it does old farts such as myself. I actually use my phone to check Gaia quite a lot and if I didn't work in front of a computer all day I'd probably use it more.

All that said, Gaia is missing out on a huge market since they're pretty much turning off anyone that does try that crappy mobile app. They should really just make the app a restricted browser that plays Flash so people get the real Gaia experience. Like guilds. You can't even get to guilds on the app, like they don't even exist. I fully believe that's got a lot to do with why guilds have all but died off.

But what can we do to fix this problem?

Maybe a petition for a better app?

Teach newbies how to use Gaia in a mobile browser?

Give members something worth sitting in front of a computer for?

One thing would be to create games that are playable both on PC and on mobile. Summer Springs could easily have been one of those and even Moga may be able to be played, though it may drain battery life pretty intensely. Of course, ideally they'd want to promote games that involve social interactivity. I suppose that would be up to the developers to create a game that would fulfill all criteria.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:13 pm
A) I sign the pledge 1000%. ...tbh, it's not like I could afford it to begin with, I'm happy when I can eat every month, I'm not spending real money on pixels.

B) umbraja's got some wicked ideas. 4laugh

C) The fact that Gaia's not optimized for mobile browsing is seriously baffling to me.

Faemint

Dapper Dabbler

Jaxdrill

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 5:57 pm
Welcome to Gaia were we have created the economy of Zimbabwe... inflation is through the roof so what do we do? MAKE MORE GOLD!!  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:09 pm
This is so true! Even though I have not been very active on my account, I will start trying to raise awareness about gold generators. As someone who is barely getting by financially in the real world (going to be a freshman in college), I don't have any real money to be spending on items. Gold inflation was one of my reasons for not using my account as much. I got discouraged on my quests and just quit playing all together. I just for a friend to join the site, and I don't want him to get discouraged like I did.  

papercaves

Hilarious Genius

DnA2014

Newbie Gaian

6,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:05 am
I hope people don't really do this sounds like cheating. eek  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:54 am
I have to admit, as a newbie (though I still sort of am) tried to get gold generators in order to afford a lot of expensive items ranging in the 100,000's but kept getting slammed with survey ads for the downloads. Now I know you should not use them because of how they will make not a good impression and cause the particular company or people who created the said site (like Gaia for example). From this day forth I pledge to not use gold generators!

FluffyMuffins230

Lonely Browser

8,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Timid 100
  • Hygienic 200

Illuminate Shadows

11,250 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:56 pm
Explains why I left for a few months and now everything in the marketplace is suddenly worth millions.  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:54 pm
All updated! A few of you commented and voiced support, but didn't take the pledge itself, so I didn't include you because I don't want to accidentally list someone who doesn't want to take the pledge.  

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Duchess Eglantine

Witty Heckler

10,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:03 pm
I take the pledge to not use Gold Generators. ^^
I've hated those things since day one.  
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:46 pm
Updated!  

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Jaxdrill

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 7:58 am
Ebania
All updated! A few of you commented and voiced support, but didn't take the pledge itself, so I didn't include you because I don't want to accidentally list someone who doesn't want to take the pledge.

Oh trust me I've pretty much pledged not to use them. Only reason I used a dragons horde once was because it was a gift from a friend. Honestly really sick of gaia completely using us like all we are is a source of cash flow with items like this.  
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 9:14 pm
Here's another simple list of pure gold generators (all gold or no choice to pick items instead of gold). You may not have seen it since it does list random item generator lists of other chance items and does not emphasize the gold generators, but it does have a quick graphical list of gold generators in this post if that's helpful.  

JoyRose
Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

carebonara

Winter Detective

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 4:38 am
Pledges not to use Gaia Gold Generator items! crying crying crying  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 6:10 pm
I Pledge as well. I would put one of the sigs in my signature, but it wont let me add anymore sorry  

Enigmatic Malady

Shy Otaku

12,600 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Noble Shade 100

oneia

Playful Gaian

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 1:55 pm
Sign me up for a pledge.

I've never liked the thought of spending RL money for online social sites - anywhere - simply because it does give the "pay to win", or "pay to look good" etc. mentality.

I saw another movement recently that's calling for a walk-out in response to this insane inflation, basically they're looking for 500 people to pledge to not login for a week in mid-June. Sadly, I've got plans for the week, so I couldn't take part in that one.  
☆ Word Games

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff