Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Edgeworth Family Flat Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:31 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Mαяıиα Ałđяeđ
                                                          Looking Casual at Home with Mari, Brownie
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          asjhafkjgafkjgal;kfjgalkfdjg
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ AJSLKAJFGLKAFJGLAKFJGLAKFJGALFKJGAFKGJAFGKJAFGL ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

If тıмe ¢øυłđ š т ø ρ, ħøω ¢αи I мακe тħıš м ø я e ρ ø e т ı ¢ ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          Wħeи тħeяe'š и ø т ħ ı и g мøяe ρ α т ħ e т ı ¢ тø вe šαıđ? ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Yøυ вяıиg мe ø υ т, šħøω мe ł ı g ħ т ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxx
                                                          I'м š ø я я ч ıf I ħ ı đ e, I'м тøø α f я α ı đ тø łøøκ ı и š ı đ e ✥ ✥ ✥xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceDamien hated seeing how uncomfortable his wife was; he really did. And he'd been trying for the duration of her pregnancy to make things as easy on her as he possibly could, without hovering over her and driving her insane. Trouble was, the further along she'd gotten, the more he had felt obligated to care for her, and the more annoyed she'd gotten with him for his efforts. He felt like he was constantly toeing the line between being a dutiful, attentive husband, and smothering her. And the line kept getting thinner and thinner, and the space to stand in on the 'dutiful husband' side was growing smaller and smaller. Even now, she'd crawled her arse into the bathtub to try and alleviate some of the false contractions (which it felt like she'd been having for-bloody-ever by now), and he was leaving her alone, because the look she'd given him when he'd last asked if she needed anything had reminded him that he liked living and would like to continue doing so.

spaceGiven her usual stance of 'I don't need your help', he was somewhat surprised to hear her call his name, a definite trace of need in her voice. He stood immediately, already walking towards the bedroom when she tacked on that her water had broken. He froze mid-step, then wanted to slap himself for freezing, because ********, her water had broken! The Slytherin half-ran the rest of the way to the bedroom, entering and expecting to find a mess on the floor. When there was none, he frowned, staring at his wife. "Where did it happen, love?" he asked. Brownie had hurried into the bedroom right after him, and was even now approaching Marina to look her over. He left the elf to it, figuring that she knew better than him what to do. Besides, it wouldn't be long before both of them were bossing him around, Brownie with actual instructions and Marina with an increasingly dramatic and creative set of slurs and insane demands.

spaceHe was trying to keep a level head, but inside his thoughts were racing, and he was having difficulty keeping track of them. Bloody hell, he'd had a damned list, and right now he couldn't remember any of it. Okay. Brownie was looking after Mari. That'd been the plan. They'd discussed it. Brownie was to look after Mari. And he... Hell. He was supposed to write to people and let them know what was going on. Feeling like a moron for forgetting, he hastily told the redhead what he was doing, and then went to pen a hasty letter to his father, her parents, and the Blythes. Not wanting to take to long, he simply wrote one, then duplicated it twice with a quick charm, and sent it off with Tobias. Returning to the bedroom, he stood awkwardly next to the bed, arms crossed for lack of any idea what else to do with them. "Er, how's everything going in here?" he asked, and he wanted to kick himself. Was this how Chris had felt? It seemed about right. The vampire had seemed pretty out of it when he'd borrowed Tobias to send out his letter. Brownie began rattling off a lot of what basically might as well have been in a dead language to him, because he followed none of it. At his blank look, she informed him that Marina was doing fine. He somehow doubted that, from the look on his wife's face.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx✥ ✥ ✥ Yøυ ¢αяяч т я υ т ħ αиđ мακe мe š м ı ł e
                                                          xxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ If ıт ωeяe ч ø υ α и đ м e тøиıgħт
                                                          xxxxxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ I ωøυłđ т α м e тħe š т α я š
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ αиđ šανe тħe в я ı g ħ т e š т øиe føя ч ø υ

User Image

(( OOC: ))

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:51 pm
Something’s happening to me and you;
Lighting up the night brighter than the moon...
I couldn't stop it even if we wanted to!
Tell me I’m not dreaming-
Uh oh, I’m out of my depth-
Struggling to breathe, got to catch my breath!
A little voice saying yes yes yes...
I can hear the sirens screaming,
When you touch me, when you hold me.

User Image
M A R I N A
E U G E N I E
E D G E W O R T H

FORMER SLYTHERINPROUD HALFBLOODAUROREXPECTING

Marina heard him starting to come, then pick up the pace, judging by the creaking of the floorboards. She would have found that a little funny, had she not currently been in quite a bit of pain. He came in with a frown, followed immediately by Brownie, whom she was relieved to see, as she knew the house elf had some idea of what to do. She wrinkled her nose at his question, thinking it somewhat ridiculous, before she realized there was no evidence of a broken water, as she'd cleaned up after herself. The perfect crime. "On the floor. I cleaned it up right away," she blurted out, as if she was confessing to knocking over a priceless vase. If pregnancy had been messing with her mind, labor was going to drive her mad. "Go," she urged him when he informed he was going to write those in the Need to Know category of family and friends. Suddenly, she sort of wanted her mother, to her embarrassment. She'd always prided herself on being self sufficient, after all. Growing up, she felt as though she'd sometimes done more comforting to her mum than her mum had done to her. But right now, she really, really wanted her mum here. Her dad... well, not in the room.

"I... I suppose I should lie down," she started, her strained, slightly anxious tone belying her mostly neutral expression. Another contraction pulsed through her and she groaned in pain. "Yes. Alright. Lying down now." Once on the bed, she struggled into more of a leaning back, sitting position. Obviously, the baby wasn't coming out with her lying flat on her back. She kicked the covers to the bottom of the bed, and tried to get as comfortable as possible. When Damien re-entered the room, another contraction was hitting. "Horribly," she yelped, at the same time that Brownie told him she was doing fine. "If this is what counts as 'fine', I don't want to know what's worse- agh!" She closed her eyes for a moment, sucking in and then exhaling a breath. "Mother of- Damien, stop standing there with your arms crossed like a bloody teenager!" She dug her fingers into the mattress and then opened her eyes to glare at him. "Do something! Give me your hand, for Christ's sake! And don't you dare say I'm hurting you!" His fragile little wand making hands could withstand her vice like grip, she was certain of it. If not, oh well. She didn't really care at the moment.

She wasn't sure how many minutes passed, but two or three contractions later, her mother slipped into the room in her usual quiet manner, which was in stark contrast to her daughter, who was practically yelling in pain at the moment. She brushed her daughter's wild hair out of her reddened face, and nearly got a few fingers bitten off for her trouble. "Mum," she whined. "Mum- ow- God, why didn't you warn me it hurt this much?" Bernadette wisely held her tongue and instead focused on trying to soothe her daughter, which was something of a lost cause, so she switched to finding a washcloth to wet for her forehead. "You could try getting on all fours," the woman dared to suggest. "Sometimes that does help." Marina's look could have put a zombie back in its grave. "If I'm not pushing soon.." She left it as an unfinished threat. The only one spared her ire was seemingly Brownie.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

I don’t care, I’m in too deep,
You’re like a riptide dragging me away!
Adrenaline kicking and my heartbeat thumping...
Riptide underneath the waves-
Hold on tight, 'cause it’s the start of something-
Gotta love this riptide!
Nothing's ever gonna feel so fine.
I finally found a little piece of paradise;
It’s like I’m living in a different life.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:27 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Mαяıиα Ałđяeđ
                                                          Looking Casual at Home with Mari, Brownie
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          asjhafkjgafkjgal;kfjgalkfdjg
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ AJSLKAJFGLKAFJGLAKFJGLAKFJGALFKJGAFKGJAFGKJAFGL ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

If тıмe ¢øυłđ š т ø ρ, ħøω ¢αи I мακe тħıš м ø я e ρ ø e т ı ¢ ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          Wħeи тħeяe'š и ø т ħ ı и g мøяe ρ α т ħ e т ı ¢ тø вe šαıđ? ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Yøυ вяıиg мe ø υ т, šħøω мe ł ı g ħ т ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxx
                                                          I'м š ø я я ч ıf I ħ ı đ e, I'м тøø α f я α ı đ тø łøøκ ı и š ı đ e ✥ ✥ ✥xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceDamien bit back a wince at Marina's expression when Brownie said she was 'fine'. He was fairly certain that, had anyone but the House-Elf been the one to make the assessment, they'd have gotten a much more volatile response. As it was... he was pretty sure they were all perfectly aware that Brownie was Mari's favorite. He'd be willing to bet that she was the only living creature his wife had ever come across that she hadn't found cause to be cross at. He blanched slightly when the redhead took offense to his stance, dropping his arms and holding a hand out to her awkwardly. "I thought I'd wait until it was wanted," he said sheepishly. Truth be told, he'd been somewhat terrified to offer it before she explicitly asked for it. These days, Mari only seemed to have two modes; either she wanted him right there, for comfort, for help, whatever, or she wanted him to be as far away from her as he could get. And he never knew which would prove true until she was screaming it at him.

spaceHe relaxed somewhat when her parents arrived, and his own shortly thereafter. Siobhan rolled his eyes at him and tsked him for not thinking, and grabbed him a chair to sit next to the bed. "It's going to be a while, you'll want to be off your feet, don't you think?" He hesitated a moment, then sat as directed, though he was pretty sure Mari would probably have something to say about his getting to be comfortable while she was suffering through the process of birthing their child. He'd do it for her if he could, really. In a second. Unfortunately, the world didn't work like that. She was murdering his hand, which was sort of not good, since he needed it for work, but he wasn't about to complain about that. He wasn't an idiot, and besides, if he couldn't handle a little bone-crushing, he'd absolutely be dead by the end of the night. Then again, he was pretty sure he would be anyway, since his wife was going to kill him as soon as she was out of labor.

spaceThe Slytherin hated this; he didn't want Mari to be in pain, didn't want it to drag on for hours and for her to suffer and hate every second of it. But it wasn't like there was much they could do about it. Briefly, he wondered if they should've taken her to a muggle hospital; she could've had an epidural. That might've been nice. Of course, he was somewhat wary of muggle hospitals, though he didn't really know why. For some reason, they just unnerved him. He prayed that this not last long. How long had Ada's labor been? It couldn't have been long, the babies had been born at midnight, and Chris had been at his flat to get Tobias shortly after dusk. He highly doubted if the blonde had sat in her flat, alone, for hours, waiting for the vampire to wake up while she suffered through contractions. Then again... it was Ada. She might've done just that. But, it didn't really help much if she hadn't. If hers had really started so close to dusk, it'd been uncommonly short, which meant there wasn't much chance Mari would get the same luck. No matter how much he hoped she might.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx✥ ✥ ✥ Yøυ ¢αяяч т я υ т ħ αиđ мακe мe š м ı ł e
                                                          xxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ If ıт ωeяe ч ø υ α и đ м e тøиıgħт
                                                          xxxxxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ I ωøυłđ т α м e тħe š т α я š
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ αиđ šανe тħe в я ı g ħ т e š т øиe føя ч ø υ

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Siobhan Red #D73B3E

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:34 pm
26 letters from A to Z...
L-A-U-G-H, E, and there's S.
Put them in an order and-
They become words.
Words become a sentence,
When you add nouns and verbs.

User Image
M A R I N A
E U G E N I E
E D G E W O R T H

FORMER SLYTHERINPROUD HALFBLOODNEW MOTHERAUROR

Marina ground out between gritted teeth, "It's wanted." Honestly, did he have to act like she was a dangerous animal? She was in labor! What was she going to do, break his hand? Well, maybe, but she seriously doubted she was strong enough to that, even while blessed with Hulk-like pregnant strength. Right now, she reserved the right to be as vicious as she wanted, seeing as soon she would be pushing another human being out of her. Hell, pregnant woman had probably killed someone while in labor and gotten away with it. Defense: childbirth induced madness. Sounded legitimate to her right now.

She gripped his hand like it had personally offended her, groaning as another contraction hit. His parents arrived then, and while she would have liked to loudly complain about the injustice of Damien sitting there in a cushy chair while she laid here in agony having their child, but was beyond the point of such complex sentences by now. She squeezed her eyes shut, willing herself not to cry. She was not going to cry in front of everyone just because of a stupid... baby... IT HURT IT HURT ALRIGHT CRYING NOW. Perhaps she could pretend they were tears of rage.

Labor, Marina quickly concluded, was a lot like some sort of torture. Just when you thought it might be ending... it kept on and on. An hour or two passed. She kept her eyes shut, not wanting to have to look at anyone's face right now. Least of all Damien's; if he looked upset it would just make her more upset and she needed to try to be calm. By nine o'clock, to her immense relief, it was time to start pushing. She was fully dilated, and honestly felt as though she might throw up. But she didn't, and exactly an hour and eighteen minutes later she sank back down onto her pillow, eyes now open, panting as if she'd just run a marathon (or three) listening to an odd wailing noise. That's it, she realized, slightly numb with shock. It's over. That's the baby.

Well, there was the placenta, but after that... Someone handed her the baby, she didn't know who, and at this didn't really give a rat's arse. It was red and squalling and a boy, which made sense, she decided tiredly. Only an Edgeworth male could have given her this much trouble. "Hello," she said hoarsely to the infant on her chest, and her voice dropped down to a whisper. "I'm your mum, Gideon Dean Edgeworth. You are in huge trouble for that torment." The crying died down a little and she glanced over at Damien. "That's your dad, Gid. See him? I suppose not... can't open your eyes yet... Hopefully you look like him." She tried to determine what color the sparse hair on the newborn's head was. Oh God... it looked a bit reddish to her. She prayed it was just the light..

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

I'd like to show you,
A million things.
I'd like to make the world,
For you, a better place,
But when it pours, it really rains...
So put on your boots, and let's play.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:37 pm
26 letters from A to Z...
L-A-U-G-H, E, and there's S.
Put them in an order and-
They become words.
Words become a sentence,
When you add nouns and verbs.

User Image
M A R I N A
E U G E N I E
E D G E W O R T H

FORMER SLYTHERINPROUD HALFBLOODMOTHERAUROR

Marina typically had weekends off. Or, well, tried to not work on the weekends. If she got called in, she got called in, and things were still hectic, seeing as they kept hitting roadblocks with the Tempest abduction, and while it was reassuring to know that Ross was out of the picture, the man was only out of the picture after a kidnapping and beating a pregnant girl who happened to be the significant other of one of her coworkers to the point of miscarrying.

She sometimes, while watching her toddler play and looking down at the bump that was just beginning to become visible through her clothes, thought about these sort of things, and the fact that this was the sort of world she was bringing children into, and began to feel very badly. Then she thought about a thank you card sitting on her desk, written by a seven year old, which said, in very careful script 'Thank you for saving my brother' and felt a bit better.

She had just started her second trimester, and now seemed like the time to tell Gid. She almost wished he were younger; it might be easier for a two year old to accept than a three year old. She adored her son, but he was exhaustively curious, had a seemingly endless amount of energy, and while he, to be honest, didn't often throw tantrums, when he did.... well, it was clear whose temper he had inherited.

Despite her best efforts (which she privately admitted had not been her best), he was also very, very spoiled. Gideon wasn't selfish, but he was possessive, particularly when it came to his 'Muve' and 'Dadien'. And she was struggling to think of what babies he had regularly interacted with before this. His 'cousins', Eve, Desi and Zach, Áine and Theo, were all older than him. She was sure he'd been around infants before, but not on a regular basis.

Due to these circumstances she was a bit concerned about what his reaction would be to finding out he was going to be a brother, and was very, very glad, both her and Damien were on hand to.... deliver the tragic news. But maybe she was majorly overthinking things here; Gid could be thrilled, or just not care at all. Then again, would apathy be better than jealousy?

Marina was not very familiar with siblings dynamics; she and Damien had both grown up only children, and while he had a stepsister now, Pru was still a teenager. She was afraid of two things: one, that her children would grow up resenting one another due to her failures as a mother, or two, that her children would grow up with no real connection to one another besides the fact that they shared a mother and a father. She just wanted things to get off to a good start. "Gid, can you come here for a moment, love? We have something we want to tell you."

Gideon was far from an anxious child, and immediately scampered over with a silly grin, dragging a stuffed hippogryff along with him. Marina picked him up and set him in her lap. "I'm a mazolist, like Annell" he informed his mother and father proudly. "I- I can take care of a hipgryff, see?"

OOC:
Quote:

I'd like to show you,
A million things.
I'd like to make the world,
For you, a better place,
But when it pours, it really rains...
So put on your boots, and let's play.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:25 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxLiving Room
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxMari and Gid
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAnxious
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If тıмe ¢øυłđ š т ø ρ, ħøω ¢αи I мακe тħıš м ø я e ρ ø e т ı ¢ xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          Wħeи тħeяe'š и ø т ħ ı и g мøяe ρ α т ħ e т ı ¢ тø вe šαıđ? xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Yøυ в я ı и g мe ø υ т, š ħ ø ω мe ł ı g ħ т xxxxxx
                                                          I'м š ø я я ч ıf I ħ ı đ e, I'м тøø α f я α ı đ тø łøøκ ı и š ı đ e xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceDamien wondered, not for the first time, if they somehow should have consulted Gid about the possibility of having another child. It seemed silly, considering he was only a toddler. But all he could think about was Eve, and how upset she'd been when there had been mention of Dom and Gracie adopting another kid when she'd been home for the holidays. He imagined, being a former orphan, that she'd felt like they were replacing her or that she wasn't good enough, which he didn't think was something his son should feel. But he didn't really know anything about this sort of thing; he was an only child, or he had been until his father had remarried. Now he had a sister, and two brothers, technically, but neither of the brothers were ever around. If he ran into them in public, he doubted they'd even know who he was. Which was a pity, because he would've liked to ask them what it'd been like when they'd discovered they were going to be older brothers, Jarlath when Siobhan had gotten pregnant with Adrienne, and Adrienne when she'd gotten pregnant with Pru... Of his friends, he had a few that were older siblings, but their circumstances were either unusual enough that he didn't think they'd be a good source of information, or he worried it might be a touchy subject.

spaceStill, even his trepidation couldn't keep him from smiling as Mari picked the boy up and he proclaimed himself a 'mazolist', proudly displaying his toy. Damien never got sick of seeing them together like this; something about it made him feel blissfully content. Especially because, whether Mari liked it or not, he'd gotten exactly what he'd wanted in their son; a little clone of her, more or less. He took after his father a bit, sure, but there was no question whatsoever that he was Marina's child. It got a bit exasperating at times, such as when the temper he'd inherited acted up, but that wasn't enough to put Damien off. After all, it'd never put him off the boy's mother, now had it? The grin quirked at his lips. "Mm, it looks like you're doing a very good job with it," he said seriously. "You must have been very polite, for it to like you so much."

spaceThe Slytherin's gaze moved up to meet his wife's, and then he turned his attention back to their eldest. Their eldest, as of a little over three months ago, they were the proud parents of two children, even if one hadn't been born yet. He was already getting obsessed again, which he was sure was getting on her nerves. The tightrope he seemed to be walking wasn't so bad this time, but he was just waiting for the day his hand slid over her stomach and she snapped at him. Of course, Mari's reaction to being pregnant this go around had been better than the last, mostly because they'd actually planned this one. Gid hadn't exactly not been planned, but he'd still managed to be unexpected, at least timing-wise. Damien ran a hand through his hair, sighing. He wasn't even sure how to go about doing this. The boy was three, how did you talk to a three year old about things like this? "Gid... um, okay, you know how... How Desi and Zach, how they're brother and sister? And Theo and Aine?" He paused. He was trying, very hard to toe the line between 'you are a toddler and understand nothing' and 'I know that you are not an idiot and can comprehend what is being said to you.' "The thing, is, Gid, that... Well, we're having another baby. So you're going to be a big brother, like how Aine is Theo's big sister." He watched the toddler closely. He was hoping that Gid would just take the news calmly. "Okay Dadien" and then continue showing off his hippogriff. But, that might also be asking too much of the universe, hell, he didn't know.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx Yøυ ¢αяяч т я υ т ħ αиđ мακe мe š м ı ł e
                                                          xxxxxx If ıт ωeяe ч ø υ α и đ м e тøиıgħт
                                                          xxxxxxxxx I ωøυłđ т α м e тħe š т α я š
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx αиđ šανe тħe в я ı g ħ т e š т øиe føя ч ø υ

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

The Forgotten Weasley

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:58 am
Isn't this such a beautiful night?
We're underneath a thousand shining stars!
Isn't it nice to find yourself somewhere different?
Why don't you let yourself just be wherever you are?
Look at this place, look at your faces!
I've never seen you look like this before!

User Image
𝕘𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕠𝕟
𝕕𝕖𝕒𝕟
𝕖𝕕𝕘𝕖𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕙

THREE YEARS OLD │ DIRT ENTHUSIAST │ SOON TO BE BIG BROTHER

Gideon Edgeworth wasn't dumb. Sometimes he felt dumb- well, not dumb, frustrated, because he didn't understand, when he was around Big People. Big People, he thought indignantly, liked to talk about him right in front of him and s-p-e-l-l things out so he couldn't tell what it was they were discussing, Not only was this very rude, he thought, it was very stupid. Which he was not supposed to say but he was going to say it anyways. Being a very intelligent child, Gid was used to watching Big People struggle to cope with the fact that that he was a child. Their voices went up all high and squeaky, like they were trying to imitate him, and they said everything verrrryyyy slowlyyyyy. But not Muve and Dadien. Muve and Dadien took him seriously and talked to him seriously, which he supposed was why they were his parents.

Gid knew what a parent was. A parent lived with you in a house and took care of you and sometimes looked like you but not always and they gave you presents sometimes when you were really good or it was your birthday or Yule and when you cried they let you look at the wands they were making or play with their shiny badge and if you couldn't sleep you could come in their room and crawl between them in their big bed. But sometimes they were odd and looked at you like they were doing now. Gid grinned freely back at his father, squeezing the stuffed toy like he was trying to cut off air supply. "I'm plite all the time," he pointed out. He was! He always complimented on his manners... except when he was running around, but sometimes you just had to run around and face the consequences later.

He watched Dadien look back at Muve and craned his little head back, staring up inquisitively at his mother, who impulsively kissed his forehead. He scrunched his nose up and wriggled out of her lap in revenge, wedging himself in between his parents on the couch. "Yes," he said in confusion. Of course he knew what brothers and sisters were- brothers and sisters were- it was when another kid lived in your house with your parents. But they were that kid's parents too. It was strange, but all the brothers and sisters he knew didn't seem to think so. Desi and Zach were twins, which meant they got to eat cake and have a party at night every year. He always fell asleep. Then Dadien said something about 'another baby' and 'big brother', and Gid looked at the man blankly. What? There wasn't another baby. He was their only baby, and he wasn't even a baby anymore.

How.... Aine is Theo's big brother? "Annell and Annose got Awn-ya and Fee... togeth... at the same time," he amended quickly, not having the patience to struggle over big words at the moment. "So I can't be a big bruvver. You got me by myself." They were wrong; there wasn't any other baby. He would have seen it around the house if there had been one here this whole time. Gid didn't sleep in a crib anymore, and babies slept in cribs. Cribs were hard to miss. He didn't remember how Muve and Dadien had got him, but he was sure he would have remembered them getting him with someone else. Especially a whiny little baby.

"The baby's not here yet, Gid-," Muve was trying to explain. He stared at her as if she had begun speaking in tongues.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

They're shining like a thousand shining stars!
Why don't you let yourself just be somewhere different?
Why don't you let yourself just be whoever you are?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:14 am
Little child, be not afraid;
The rain pounds harsh against the glass,
Like an unwanted stranger.
There is no danger; I am here tonight.
Little child, be not afraid...
Though thunder explodes and lightning flash-
Illuminates your tear-stained face; I am here tonight.

User Image
M A R I N A
E U G E N I E
E D G E W O R T H

FORMER SLYTHERINPROUD HALFBLOODMOTHERAUROR

Marina was tired. If she had thought things would be easier the second time around, she'd been very, very wrong. She still felt like a train had hit her head on. However, things had been quicker this time around, which everyone said was normal; supposedly things were usually quicker with second children. And to be fair, this past pregnancy hadn't been nearly as much of an issue as being pregnant with Gid had been. She had no idea if that, too, was because it was the second child, or if it was just because she'd managed to give birth a much, much calmer baby.

Because if Lucia Edgeworth was anything, she was calm. Marina would have wondered if someone had replaced the baby with some little changeling while she wasn't looking, if not for the wisps of red hair on the infant's head. She really had been hoping their second child would be a brunette like Damien, but, then again, maybe Lucia took after him personality-wise, if Gid was supposedly very much like her. Supposedly because Marina still wasn't sure that she had been quite as much of a little devil as her son was at the age of three, but her parents kept assuring her she had been.

After giving birth to her daughter shortly after midnight, making her birthday, ironically or not, September 1st, 2034, Marina had managed to eventually get a bit of sleep from around two in the morning to around seven in the morning. She was still very, very tired, but not quite as mind-numbingly exhausted as she had been. Hopefully it'd be easier to bounce back from the pregnancy this time. Especially since this was her last pregnancy. Even if Lucia hadn't been a girl, she was still very sure that two kids was the limit to what she and Damien could handle. She was still anxious just thinking about the possibility of any tense sibling rivalries between just two, never mind three or God forbid, four.

Besides, she was twenty seven, she'd gotten two pregnancies out of the way before even hitting thirty, and calm baby or not, Marina felt pretty damn proud of herself. Tired, but proud. Now that the stress of giving birth was over she could think straight, leftover pregnancy hormones or not. She adjusted the sleeping daughter in her arms and glanced in the direction of the bedroom door, straining to listen. It was a Friday morning, and Gid was a notorious early riser. And she heard the small patter of feet running around and the low murmur of voices, which was probably adults cautioning him to be quiet.

Seeing as it was only a matter of time before he started banging on the door himself, she decided it was best to get the sibling introduction over with as soon as possible. It was like ripping off the band-aid; the sooner Gid realized the baby was in fact here and that he had a little sister, the sooner he could accept it. "Do you want to bring him in?" she asked Damien quietly. "So he can see her before he's too hyped up after breakfast?"

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

And someday you'll know, that nature is so;
This same rain that draws you near me falls on rivers and land.
And forests and sand makes the beautiful world that you see in the morning.
Little child, be not afraid, the storm clouds mask your beloved moon.
And its candlelight beams still keep pleasant dreams; I am here tonight.
For you know, once even I was a little child, and I was afraid-
But a gentle someone always came to dry all my tears.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:12 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxBedroom
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxMari
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHesitant

spaceDamien almost groaned when Mari asked if he thought they should introduce Gid to Lucia. They had to do it, obviously. It wasn't as though the could put off introducing him to the new addition. They could hardly cloister her away in their bedroom and hide her from him until he was old enough to be more understanding (and less of a pain in the arse, he thought flippantly). But as the pregnancy had progressed, Gid had seemed less and less confused and more and more annoyed at the prospect of having a little sister, and as a result, Damien had been outright dreading what was to come. "What would be better? He'll be hyped after breakfast, but at least he won't be grumpy..." More energy from eating meant more energy to throw a fit. But if the child was grumpy, he'd throw one regardless of if he really had the energy for it. The boy wasn't quite as used to always getting his way as some of his 'cousins' were, but he was still going to be put out, to put it mildly, at the realization that there was, in fact, a new baby.

spaceHe sighed, crawling out of the bed. As much as he'd like to put it off, even for a few hours, he knew that was a bad idea. And currently, the toss up between grumpy and hyper really didn't make much difference, so they may as well do it now. Then maybe the promise of breakfast would perk him up, and make him a little more manageable during the day. Damien was absolutely not at all above asking Brownie to make sure that she made the boy's favorites for breakfast if it would improve his mood, even a little bit. "Alright. I'm going in," he intoned dramatically, heading out to the hall to locate the child and bring him in to meet his new little sister.

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:51 am

User Image
𝕘𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕠𝕟
𝕕𝕖𝕒𝕟
𝕖𝕕𝕘𝕖𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕙

THREE YEARS OLD │ DIRT ENTHUSIAST │ BIG BROTHER

Gid had woken up very confused. For the past week, he'd been really happy. Usually when he woke up it was just Dadien and Brownie, but Muve had been home a lot more, probably because she'd gotten so big. Logically, Gid knew that the reason Muve was so big was the baby inside; it was taking up all the space, he thought resentfully. However, he still wasn't sure how the baby planned on getting out. If it was in your stomach, did you have to throw it up. That sounded gross, but everyone knew babies were gross. He'd thrown up before, and the only part he'd liked had been getting stories read to him all night.

Anyways, today when he woke up, there'd been no Muve or Dadien, just his grandparents and Brownie. Which was fine, since everyone knew grandparents were nicer than parents because they were old and more.... more marshmallow. He was showing Nana Burn-it how he could roll from one end of the sofa to the other when Dadien came out.

"Where's Muve?" he demanded, and trailed after his father down the hall and into their bedroom. At the sight of the bed Gid immediately raced for it, like always, and flung himself face-first onto the comforter with a muffled yelp. Then he remembered about Muve and rolled over to look at her; she looked less-big but still sort of big, and sort of sick, too, but she was holding something in her arms, a rolled up blanket.

He scrambled up to her, and then recoiled at the sight of the red little face.

"This is your sister, Gid," Muve said patiently. "Her name is Lucia."

Gid looked from the face in the blanket to his mother, to his father, and back again, and promptly burst into tears.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:51 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxBedroom
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxMari
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHesitant

spaceDamien had erred on the side of caution when getting Gid to bring him to the bedroom, a decision he now regretted, because leaving the boy unprepared had clearly not been the best decision. He looked to Mari with desperate eyes, grabbing the boy up and sitting down next to his wife on the bed. "Now, Gid," he said, trying desperately to recapture that 'soft but stern' tone that he'd always assumed came part and parcel with being a father (it did not). "C'mon now, no need to cry." He threaded his fingers through the child's red hair, thinking that, it'd been three years, he really ought to have figured out what to do with crying children by now. But he hadn't, because really, Gid didn't cry very often. And very seldom did he cry at a time where there was not a clear route. If he were hurt, they bandaged him up, and gave him a treat to take his mind off of it. If he were throwing a fit, they scolded him until he realized he wasn't going to get his way just by crying (Damien was fairly certain they had Desiree to thank for that). This might've been a fit, but it certainly wasn't the normal sort, and so he had no clue what to actually do.

spaceA small sound drew his attention, and before anything could be done, both children were crying. He gritted his teeth and closed his eyes, again reminding himself of the immorality of simply silencing a child because he didn't want to listen to the crying. "Gid," he said, more firmly this time, "Your crying is making the baby cry. Your mother is very tired. You need to stop. Now." A bit harsh, perhaps, given that his son was only three, but nothing was going to be accomplished as long as both he and Lucia were bawling. The baby would stop when Gid did, or could at least be calmed afterwards. So long as her brother cried, she would as well... Hey, he had read a few parenting books here and there. He had some idea of what to expect. Trouble was, knowing what to expecting and knowing how to respond were two very different things, and books weren't particularly helpful with the latter. Every child was different, they always said. There's no set right way to go about things, we can offer advice but nothing concrete, learning how to deal with your specific child is part of the challenge, blah, blah, blah. Not much in the way of answers. But, generally speaking, Gid knew to quit while he was ahead... Damien just prayed now was one of those times.

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:23 pm

User Image
𝕘𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕠𝕟
𝕕𝕖𝕒𝕟
𝕖𝕕𝕘𝕖𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕙

Gid was completely distraught; not only did Muve not look herself, she was holding what had to be the baby, which had come from inside her, and Dadien was acting as if he was being bad for being upset. He didn't see why no one else was panicking. If there was ever a time to panic, the moment you saw your mother holding a squirmy red thing in a blanket had to be that time. It didn't even look like a baby! Gid knew what babies looked like; they were fat with big heads and sometimes bald and definitely much larger than that. Maybe it was a fake baby, and the real baby had been taken away somewhere. He clung to his father miserably, burying his face in his shoulder. Looking at Muve and the fake-baby was too upsetting. There was certainly a need to cry!

Then the fake-baby started making noises; and he turned his tear streaked face to stare at it. Well, it sounded sort of like a baby, but not a lot higher. It hurt his ears; he clamped his hands over them, sniffling. Then Dadien used the 'you are going to be in big trouble if this continues' tone, which Gid thought was completely uncalled for. No one had ever told him he couldn't cry before this. This was an outrage; was this what it was like being a 'big bruvver', what everyone kept talking about? He wasn't even allowed to cry because of the stupid fake-baby. It wasn't his fault Muve was tired. "You're mean," he sobbed, but it was more of a dry sob than anything else his actual tears had been short lived. He rubbed at his face, which felt red and puffy now. He wanted to go back to sleep. Maybe when he woke up again everything would be back to normal.

"Damien, take her," he heard Muve say tiredly, and when he looked at her she was no longer holding the fake-baby, and was reaching towards him. He let her pull him to her, wrapping his chubby arms around her neck. "Why are you crying?" she asked calmly.

"I'm not," he whimpered. "She's crying."

"Well, why were you crying before?" She was rubbing circles slowly on his back, and Gid hiccuped.

"Cuz- cuz- I don't like it," he said, voice muffled by her hair. "Why's she look like that?"

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:14 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxBedroom
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxMari
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHesitant

space'You're mean' was quite possibly the cruelest thing anyone had ever said to Damien, quite frankly. Of course, this was quite possibly only because it was coming from his three year old, and he'd done a rather good job of avoiding that particular sentiment from the child since his birth. Still, even knowing that, at present, he didn't have much choice (he wasn't about to make Mari play Bad Cop when she'd just given birth, after all), it stung to know that he'd done something to upset Gid further. Toddlers were far from rational, and Damien didn't think he was wrong, but that didn't mean that he wasn't bothered by the fact that he'd made his own son call him mean.

spaceHe took Lucia when Mari handed her off, so that the boy could curl up in his mother's lap. Mean or not, it'd worked, he thought faintly, considering that Gid had in fact stopped crying. Damien took the moment to try and soothe the still-crying newborn, listening to the conversation between mother and son as he did so. Her elder brother having stopped, Lucia's wailing died out, and he adjusted his hold and his positioning on the bed to be more comfortable for them both. Gid's question regarding why she 'looked like that' was almost met with a smirk and a chuckle, but he managed to keep both to himself. "All babies look like this," he told the boy. "More or less, anyway, when they're newborn. We have photos of you. She looks almost exactly like you did when you were this small." And, truth be told, she did. The two of them had taken so well after their mother it was like he'd made a deal with the devil to make it so.

spaceAgain, he adjusted his hold, this time so that Gid could get a better look at the baby, now that he'd thrown his fit. Toddlers were generally curious, after all, and Gid was no exception. Damien could only pray that his second glance at his new little sister would yield more positive results. "She looks like Mum, don't you think?" he asked, shooting his wife a playful glance. She'd been praying that the children would come out brunette like him, he knew. But he was obsessed with her hair, so the both of them having it pleased him to no end. Though truth be told, anything was better than one of them ending up blonde like his mother. He could only hope that the Wynters genes didn't show up in other places. More inconvenient ones. Other than Seth, every member of his mother's family he met had been less than pleasant company, after all. At some point you just had to admit that it was genetic, and chalk himself and Seth up to an aberration, or blame their non-Wynters parentage. Though, in Seth's case, it was almost certainly the former; his mother was just as bad as Damien's.

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:40 am

User Image
𝕘𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕠𝕟
𝕕𝕖𝕒𝕟
𝕖𝕕𝕘𝕖𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕙

Gid was glad Muve had made Dadien take the fake-baby. Without it she seemed more like Muve again. He looked reproachfully at his father from his position curled up against his mother. At least the fake-baby had stopped crying. "I didn't look like that," he said indignantly. "You're lying." Gid didn't really remember what he'd been like as a baby, but he knew he hasn't been like that. They were just saying that she he would like her. Well, he'd met other kids with red hair, and that didn't mean he had to like them!

"You looked just like that," Muve said, sounding like she might laugh. "And you were even louder." She pursed her lips at what Dadien said then, and did the Muve look- where her eyes got all narrow. She gave him that look when he was bad. It was a bit scary, although he would never admit it. You couldn't tell Muves they were scary. It only made them more powerful.

"Muve's mad at you," he cackled triumphantly, and pulled away in outrage when she kissed him on the head. "I don't want baby germs!" By this point Gid had half-forgotten why he'd been crying in the first place, but he knew it had had something to do with the fake-baby. It still looked weird. "Where is it going to sleep?" he demanded.

"In here with us, for now," Muve said.

"That's nofair- I don't get to sleep with you!" Gid scowled and flopped onto one of the pillows with a grunt.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:42 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                              fαтнєя ∂ι∂ уσυ мιѕѕ мє, вєєи ℓσ¢кє∂ υρ α ωнιℓє
                                              ι gσт ¢αυgнт fσя ωнαт ι ∂ι∂ вυт тσσк ιт αℓℓ ιи ѕтуℓє
                                              ℓαι∂ тσ яєѕт αℓℓ му ¢σиfєѕѕισиѕ ι gανє ωαу вα¢к ωнєи
                                              иσω ι'м νєяѕє∂ ιи ѕσ мυ¢н ωσяѕє, ѕσ ι αм вα¢к αgαιи

spaceIf Dahlia could've overcome the revulsion at the thought of her offspring having grown up to be a craftsman, a wand peddler of all things, she might've taken a moment to appreciate how convenient it made things for her. His living above the shop in Diagon Alley, and said shop being open to the public, made it exceptionally easy to break into. As it was, the knowledge only annoyed and disgusted her further, especially when coupled with the fact that his halfblood wife was an Auror, of all things. Surely someone with such a job should've taken greater lengths to secure her home? Idiots, the both of them, just as she'd always thought. Or, well. She hadn't always thought Damien was an idiot. No, that had been a rather cruel revelation when he'd turned blood traitor at twelve.

spaceAs it was, she knew she had only herself to blame, or some ancestor of hers, if her theory about the family being cursed was right. It certainly seemed the only explanation for how far her children had fallen from grace, especially when combined with her eldest sister, and the children of her brother. The curse must've hit Selena early, she mused, but thankfully that situation had already been handled. Her nephew, unfortunately, had escaped, along with his own family, but then, that was what brought her here, skulking about in the dark in her eldest son's home. Marina, for all her inability to bring her work home, apparently, was a thorn in her side, and had been for too long. It was obvious that completing her duty would be hindered by the redhead's continued interference. Since she was on the list of people to murder (blood or not, she'd been party to Damien's failures, so she had to go), it made sense to put the rest of the family on hold and take care of her and hers. Dahlia had originally planned to save Damien for last, but since her first go at Edric had failed, she was happy to change the order of things a bit.

spaceThe home was nearly silent as she made her way through, nose wrinkling as she took in the little details. If ever she doubted that her son had lost his mind, this was proof enough. How he could even breathe in such a small home, filled with a wife, two children, and that damned disgusting elf, was beyond her. She felt like she would suffocate just being in the hallway. To say nothing of the decor. It made it easier to locate her target, at least; the children's doors were decorated, quite garishly if she did say so herself. The bathroom door was left just open as well, which narrowed the options to one of two doors. One would be the house-elf's room, she assumed.

space"Who are you?"

spaceThe quiet voice came from behind her; Dahlia turned and met the brown eyes of a young girl, her granddaughter. She sneered, torn between annoyance and amusement at the child being so foolish.
                                              "Why, dear child, I'm your grandmummy," she cooed, voice dripping poison as she reached for her wand.

spaceThe child's eyebrow arched slightly, and she shook her head. "I don't think so," she said firmly. Then, she smiled slightly, expression unreadable. "But I do think you'll be in a lot of trouble when my mum wakes up."

spaceBefore Dahlia could say or do anything in response to that, the child shot past her and down the hall, deftly opening one of the two doors as she screamed bloody murder. Dahlia's eyes narrowed, and she hissed in frustration; this would've been easier if they'd all been asleep. Even now, she could hear the stirring coming from the bedroom. Ah, well. Wand aloft, she barreled towards the bedroom, figuring she still had a shot at getting them before they could realize what was happening.

fσя тнє ωαуѕ тнαт ι нυят, ωнєи ι'м нιкιиg υρ му ѕкιят
                                              ι αм ѕιттιиg σи α тняσиє ωнιℓє тнєу'яє вυяιє∂ ιи тнє ∂ιят
                                              fσя тнє мαи тнαт ι нαтє, ι'м gσιиg тσ нєℓℓ
                                              gєттιи' нєανу ωιтн тнє ∂єνιℓ, уσυ ¢αи нєαя тнє ωє∂∂ιиg вєℓℓѕ

wнere - Damien's Flat
                                              wнen - Midnight, Fall 2042
                                              wιтн - Lucia
                                              - ooc -
                                              blah blah blah

#a54657 Lucia

The Forgotten Weasley

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash