Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Slug and Jigger's Apothecary~ Open *Now Hiring!* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:10 pm
User ImageUser Image

𝔄𝔤𝔢 𝟸𝟼 𝔓𝔬𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔢𝔢𝔯 𝔖𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔩𝔢

When the idea for possibly the horn came about, Tiffany nodded. She had had the same though, but hearing it spoken aloud made it seem more concrete. "That'th probably the best idea, I think. Leatht deadly." She grinned, then laughed. After her notion for help, Loki said she could contact him anytime, then he even mentioned that Cydney had all his information. That was... startling. With a few disbelieving blinks, the woman shook her head. "Thydney?! Mine?! The one related to me? No.... Really? She'th a brat! Well, I can thee where you like her. I've theen her act very thweet. Then again, I grew up her younger thister. That may be why our thoughts differ. I fully thupport you and her, if thomething more therious happens. You theem to be a very nice gentleman. Perhapth you'll counteract her." She giggled, wondering how mad her sister would be if she had heard any of that. Oh well. Cyd wasn't here, and Tiff would be in hiding at her place long before she could be alerted!

Yukina101

{OoC:}

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:47 am
I said the joker is a wanted man,
He makes his way all across the land,
See him sifting through the sand,
So I'll tell you all the story,
About the joker and the thief of the night,

User Image XXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

Loki smiled when Tiffany agreed with her suggestion and agreed that the idea of softening the horn. Or well not softening, just making it more brittle. Could they soften the horn though? What could be used to soften solid organic matter? He was right in the midst of that thinking when he was startled back to the present by the woman's exclamations about her sister. He chuckled as she called Cyd a brat since he could sorta see it (and didn't exactly mind it if he was going to be completely honest) and nearly choked on air as she said she supported them if they got serious. Could they get serious? Were the already serious? He didn't really know. They saw each other periodically, mainly the inside of their flats when they were in a certain mood, or even at random bars for a pint and a basket of crisps. But an actual serious relationship? It was certainly something to think about. Loki however couldn't hold in his chuckle as she called him a gentleman and hoped he counteracted her rough behavior. "Well, thanks for your unfounded faith in me and if something serious does happen between the two of us I'm pretty sure you'll be the first to know." 'Probably right after my own mother' he thought to himself. His mother had an uncanny ability of knowing when he was dating someone and he was sure even hundreds of thousands of miles away she would still know.

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Always laughing in the midst of power,
Always living in the final hour,
There is always sweet in the sour,
We are not goin' home

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:59 am
User ImageUser Image

𝔄𝔤𝔢 𝟸𝟼 𝔓𝔬𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔢𝔢𝔯 𝔖𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔩𝔢

Tiffany laughed when Loki did, wondering just how serious they had been. Were they just casual acquaintances, or were they possibly much more? She honestly had no right idea. "Well, I think it ith better to thupport you two, becauthe I know Cydney ith not really going to care. She will just.... go for it. I'll be in touch, of courthe." She nodded, quite used to trying to counteract her sister's insane antics. She dragged her notebook from her pocket and scribbled her owl address and such down, then handed it to the man. "There. If you ever need help with Cydney, or you want to talk potionth, you can contact me. It was really, very nice meeting you!" She grinned again, then waved at him. She really needed to get home and check her potion.... that was still brewing! Oh lord! She hurried out, hoping she wouldn't seem rude!

Yukina101

{OoC: Exit Tiff}

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 5:32 pm
User Image

User Image

Gryffindor Alumni │ Father of Two

Jacob had been browsing through Diagon Alley randomly today, as he did on most of his days off.. well, when his kids were in school, of course. He loved seeing all the shops, and what they held inside. He loved preparing for school when he was there, if only for the sole reason he'd be able to come here. It may have been a little bit out of his way, but hell, it was a nice drive. And even though it'd be a few more years until his oldest, Jameson, would be going to Hogwarts, it was nice planning. Couldn't be too prepared, as they always say. He wasn't sure who they were, but they must have known what they were talking about.

He perused the center before setting his eyes upon a shop he hadn't been in before. Or if he had, the memory wasn't correctly implanted in his brain. Well, he guessed now was as good a time as any to explore. James and Caden wouldn't be home for a few hours anyway. He walked inside, looking around at all the supplies. So it was a potions store.. Potions was definitely not one of Jacob's strongest subjects when he was in school, but it was still interesting. Interesting enough to not leave immediately, anyway. He rubbed the back of his head, looking around at everything. So confusing.. the ingredients, especially. But some of what he learned back in the day was coming back to him.

OOC:

Yukina101
Miss GryffindorK

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 7:29 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. XXXXXXXXUser Image

Loki was sitting behind his counter like normal and reading his newest potion journal having successfully making it through another summer session with kids, teens, and parents practically filling every space of his store. It was maddening, it was hectic, and unfortunately it was great for business. Thankfully it was school time again and now his only business were randoms stalking up their supplies or professional potioneers looking to pick up their shipments or order something extra special through him.Today was a random weekday and he had only had a handful of customers the entire time and he was enjoying the peace and solitude until a gent walked through the door looking perfectly confused and befuddled. So he did the correct thing and put down his magazine and cleared his throat to gather his attention. "Hello, welcome to Slug and Jiggers. What can I do for ya today?"

King Beardly

Quote:

We are not goin' home

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:28 am
User Image

User Image

Gryffindor Alumni │ Father of Two

Jacob had been in the middle of taking a look at something before hearing a voice near the front of the shop calling out. He looked over, seeing who he figured to being the shops owner talking to him. Well, he was fairly sure it was him. There was nobody else in the store, after all. "Oh, I'm just browsing. Never been in here before and decided to take a look. Interesting place, if a bit confusing for me. Potions was not my strongest subject in school," he said with a chuckle. He walked out from beside the aisle of supplies, looking around his surroundings. It certainly was a stocked up store. "You certainly have a nice set-up here." There was no harm in making some friendly conversation.

OOC:

Yukina101

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:10 am

User Image
User Image

Loki was slightly anxious about the day ahead of him with Londy nestled on his shoulder and his baby bag on his other as he walked in and opened his store. He had had his son in the shop before numerous times, just that those times Cyd was also usually there and his son wasn't as mobile as he was now. As proud as he was that his nearing one year old child could now crawl, scoot, and even stand on occasion he was now frightened because his son could now crawl, scoot, and stand by all the weird and possibly dangerous ingredients he had all over the place. And he was in that weird "put everything into my mouth and see what it is" phase! He looked at the near-toddler in his arms and raised an eyebrow. "If I put you down, can I trust you to not eat anything you see in a jar?" he asked seriously but with a small smirk. He wasn't entirely sure if Londy could actually understand him but he's been proven wrong before.

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

We are not goin' home

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:21 am
User ImageUser Image

London was more than a little excited to spend the day with his dad. The boy held tight to the man's shoulder, watching people pass by. When they were safely in the shop, the baby wiggled excitedly. When he was looked at, Londy turned to eye his dad, looking a bit confused. He was asked to not eat stuff... but what was a jar? The boy grinned, showing off all six of hie teeth. Sure. That was usually enough confirmation. Of course, the boy decided to be cute, so he added in a giggle as he regarded his dad. He reached a hand out to pat the man's head, but ended up smacking at his glasses, which earned the baby several seconds of confusion.

I'ᴍ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʙᴇ ᴀ ᴍɪɢʜᴛʏ ᴋɪɴɢ, sᴏ ᴇɴᴇᴍɪᴇs ʙᴇᴡᴀʀᴇ!
I'ᴍ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɪɴ ᴇᴠᴇɴᴛ
Lɪᴋᴇ ɴᴏ ᴋɪɴɢ ᴡᴀs ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ
I'ᴍ ʙʀᴜsʜɪɴɢ ᴜᴘ ᴏɴ ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ
I'ᴍ ᴡᴏʀᴋɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ʀᴏᴀʀ!

Yukina101

{OoC: The pic's a bit older than a year... oops.}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:45 am

User Image
User Image

Loki's smirk widened to a grin as his son smiled and giggled and just flat out laughed as his son sought to reassure him by patting him on the head but sort of missed and instead hit his glasses. "I guess that's as close to a 'you got it mate' as I'm gonna get huh?" he asked with another chuckle. He put down the baby bag first behind his counter before rearranging his glasses then finally put the baby down next to the bag. He then opened it up and pulled out his puppy and fox blanket handing them to Londy hoping that would be too preoccupied with his things to go off and explore...for now at least. And it came at a perfect time since his door just opened to show one of his regulars asking if their shipment came in. "Just a minute mate! Daddy's gonna be right back, be good kay." he pressed a kiss on top of his mane of curls before leading the other man towards the back and simultaneously placing a well used monitoring charm on the front.

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

We are not goin' home

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:00 pm
User ImageUser Image

London looked at his dad, then grinned, nodding. He'd figured out that nodding the head was for yes... or... he thought so, anyway. He watched the older male move some things, then Londy was plopped on his rear by his doggy. He contemplated crying for attention for a second, but decided he quite liked his animals. When he was told to behave, Londy nodded, remembering what to do from when Granma watched him. After his dad wandered away, the boy decided he wanted more to do. He knew his momma packed his bag, so there was probably a snack in there! He crawled over to the bag and searched all the open places, before discovering his teething ring. Oh boy! He loved that thing! Londy happily screeched, babbling about the toy. After about three seconds, it was in his mouth, the baby content to gnaw for now.

Lɪᴋᴇ ɴᴏ ᴋɪɴɢ ᴡᴀs ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ
I'ᴍ ᴡᴏʀᴋɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ʀᴏᴀʀ!

Yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:34 pm

User Image
User Image

Loki tried to finish up with his client as fast as he could but he also had to make sure that the ingredients he had ordered were actually there and in good condition while also trying not ot imagine ever terrible thing that might be happening up front. Finally though, everything was accounted for and he was paid handsomely (this s**t doesn't come cheap, not by a long shot) before he rushed up front to see Londy happily gnawing a teething ring Cyd must've slipped in. He swore he was going to get her favorite bottle that night for this. "Hey mate, ya missed me yet?" he asked the little boy teasingly before mussing up his curly hair and sitting in his usual spot behind the counter.

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

We are not goin' home

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:45 pm
User ImageUser Image

London rolled onto his back as he chewed on his toy, a grin on his drool-coated lips. When he heard the hurried footsteps of his dad, the boy rolled onto his belly, then managed to sit, keeping the toy between his teeth. When he saw his dad in proper, the baby dropped the teether in exchange for a bright smile. He loved his daddy! He watched the man sit, so, naturally, London crawled over. Once near the chair, he used it to stand, making him just tall enough to paw at his dad. "Aaah? Mmmbbbb... Daaaa! Daaaadaaaaa!" His voice was squawky, eyes wide. He wanted to sit with daddy!!

Lɪᴋᴇ ɴᴏ ᴋɪɴɢ ᴡᴀs ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ
I'ᴍ ᴡᴏʀᴋɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ʀᴏᴀʀ!

Yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:27 pm

User Image
User Image

Loki grinned and chuckled as Londy dropped his teething ring in favor of smiling at him and crawling towards his chair. Well at least he was coming towards him and not any of the ingredients. He pulled out his log book to start jotting down store merchandise coming in and going out when he noticed his son had finally reached him and was standing by grabbing at his pant leg while saying baby gibberish. At least, it was gibberish until he very clearly said "dada" making him turn around abruptly and look at his son with wide and very excited eyes. He spoke! And he said "dada!" Take that Cyd, she now owed him three galleons! Loki dropped his work because this was much more important, obviously, and crouched over to pick up the little boy and swung him around happily. "That's Daddy's little man! Wait until we tell your grandparents that you're talking. They won't let you stop until you say their names too. Speaking of which, can you go 'mummy'? C'mon 'muuummmyyy'." he sounded out the word hoping the little boy would catch it.

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

We are not goin' home

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:34 pm
User ImageUser Image

London squealed with delight when he was lifted and spun around. He quite enjoyed the feeling of flying. Daddy was saying stuff about granma, so the boy nodded happily. He loved his gramna! And his nan! And... well... he loved just about everyone. He was told to say mummy, and his brown eyes went wide. London searched around, but couldn't find his silly Mummy anywhere. "Daaadda! Dadda mmmmbah?!" He flailed his short little arms, wiggling animatedly. He reached out a hand toward his dad, pinching at his cheek. The man was awfully happy, but Londy wasn't really sure why, so he figured he'd investigate.

Lɪᴋᴇ ɴᴏ ᴋɪɴɢ ᴡᴀs ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ
I'ᴍ ᴡᴏʀᴋɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ʀᴏᴀʀ!

Yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:47 pm
User ImageUser Image

Ⓒᴏᴍᴘᴜᴛᴇʀ Ⓢᴄɪᴇɴᴄᴇs Ⓣᴇᴀᴄʜᴇʀ Ⓕʀᴇᴇʟᴀɴᴄᴇ Ⓟʜᴏᴛᴏɢʀᴀᴘʜᴇʀ
Ⓣʜɪʀᴅ Ⓨᴇᴀʀ Ⓖʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Ⓒʜᴀsᴇʀ

Gid hopped into the apothecary, looking around at all the various ingredients. Thresa adjusted her glasses as she looked around, a bit weirded out by half the things in the store. "So.. What all do you need from here? It's kinda.... spooky. It smells like my Gram's garage." Gid looked over at his mom, who was now carrying a basket behind him. Gid set a few things in the basket, laughing when Thresa made a face at them. "Mum, I need them for Potions class. All kinds of oddities there. Besides, we're supposed to meet Rhys here. You'll like him, I bet! He's really smart! You like smart kids!" Gid grinned, knowing his mom would have some sort of sassy remark to that one. "Aah, if I could have one class full of only smart kids, I'd be a happy woman. Unfortunately, there's always at least one. Tsk. But I'm sure I'll like your friend anyway. If you like him, he can't be bad!" She smiled, despite remembering all the heartfelt, tear-splashed letters about the very same Rhys she'd gotten last year. If nothing else, her son was a very loyal person. That was always good.

I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇʟᴘ ɪᴛ, 𝓘 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝒆 𝓽𝓱𝒆 𝓫𝓻𝓸𝓴𝒆𝓷 𝓸𝓷𝒆𝓼,
Tʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇs ᴡʜᴏ 𝓷𝒆𝒆𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝒆 𝓶𝓸𝓼𝓽 ᴘᴀᴛᴄʜɪɴɢ ᴜᴘ.
Tʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇs ᴡʜᴏ, ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇᴇɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ,
Nᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇᴇɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ,
𝓷𝒆𝓿𝒆𝓻 𝓫𝒆𝒆𝓷 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝒆𝓭 𝒆𝓷𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱.
Mᴀʏʙᴇ I sᴇᴇ ᴀ 𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝒇 𝓶𝒆 ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇᴍ.
Tʜᴇ 𝓶𝓲𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓹𝓲𝒆𝓬𝒆 ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ғɪᴛ ɪɴ.
Tʜᴇ sʜᴀᴛᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ
𝓱𝒆𝓪𝓻𝓽, ʜᴜɴɢʀʏ ғᴏʀ ᴀ 𝓱𝓸𝓶𝒆.
𝓝𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾'𝓻𝒆 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓪𝓵𝓸𝓷𝒆. 𝓘 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝒆 𝓽𝓱𝒆 𝓫𝓻𝓸𝓴𝒆𝓷 𝓸𝓷𝒆𝓼.

{OoC}
Diamond Wales

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas