Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Christolaide's Cottage Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:46 pm
Something’s happening to me and you;
Lighting up the night brighter than the moon...
I couldn't stop it even if we wanted to!
Tell me I’m not dreaming-
Uh oh, I’m out of my depth-
Struggling to breathe, got to catch my breath!
A little voice saying yes yes yes...
I can hear the sirens screaming,
When you touch me, when you hold me.

User Image
M A R I N A
E U G E N I E
E D G E W O R T H

FORMER SLYTHERINPROUD HALFBLOODAUROREXPECTING

Marina had had a feeling, as cliché and ridiculous as it sounded. She’d called it a suspicion to feel less silly. It had been her and Damien’s one year anniversary back in the June, and of course they’d celebrated…. vigorously… and enthusiastically… and maybe they hadn’t been as careful as they might have or maybe she just hadn’t really been paying attention- she hadn’t thought about it much, maybe because it wasn’t as if it was the end of the world if anything did come of it- they were married, they’d discussed kids before, and her winding up pregnant would not be entirely unexpected or some great dilemma.

But it wouldn’t necessarily be cause for her to jump for joy, either, since they hadn’t been actively trying, either… As an auror, being pregnant meant she’d be restricted to desk work only. No field work, no arrests, no pursuits, no getting anywhere near a suspect… There were too many risks. Hell, pregnant women weren’t even advised to apparate. It would definitely make her life difficult, and things wouldn’t miraculously return to normal the moment she popped a baby out. She’d have to work hard to get back into shape in order to be allowed back out on assignments again.

It was with that in mind that she’d slipped into a muggle corner store one morning before work at the start of July, when she realized her period definitely wasn’t just late; it wasn’t coming at all. She’d bought three tests, fighting to keep her face composed and reminding herself that any judgmental stares would be even more out of line, since she was clearly wearing a wedding ring. She’d shoved them into her bag after making the purchase, and tried not to think about them until she managed to find time to slip into the women’s restroom at work, and take one.

She hadn’t dared to leave the stall, focusing on calming the butterflies in her stomach as she waited for the time to be up. When it was, she’d looked. Two lines. She knew what two lines meant. Still, she’d told herself it could just be a fluke. She didn’t know for sure. She had two tests left. She’d buried the one she’d taken deep in the restroom waste basket, and distracted herself with a mountain of files that needed to be sorted out. When she’d come home from work she’d not said a word about it to Damien- there was no sense, she’d told herself, in what she imagined was a sensible way, to get his hopes up or alarm him if it turned out to be wrong.

She’d taken the second and third that night. Positive and positive. That was when she should have told him. The chances of all three being wrong? Slim. But it’d been late and they’d both been tired and she’d insisted to herself that it was better for her to go to St. Mungo’s within the next day or two, get official confirmation, and then tell him. Of course, she’d been busy; there hadn’t been time, a million and one excuses, and two days later, coming home from work, she was wondering when she was going to go to get herself checked, when she was going to tell him, when she was going to admit that she was taking the Knight Bus and walking places because she was worried about apparating…

She was treating it, she knew, like some dark secret, when it should have been anything but. She should have gasped in delight when the first test showed those two little lines, rushed home to tell him that day, let their friends known, told her parents and his… Why hadn’t she? Why wasn’t she excited? She wasn’t horrified, or really upset about it, either. She didn’t feel trapped in the situation. She just… Everything had suddenly become very complicated very quickly. Everything she did as of very recently, she’d done feeling like she was being judged, like the barely there stirring of life in her was actively thinking to itself ‘dear god this creature is going to be my mum’.

Today, she was determined to tell Damien. Once she told him, it’d be a weight off her shoulders, the air would be clean between them, and they could talk about it together. He’d always been very good at reminding her of what really mattered, and that was that they were together and loved each other, that they would love this baby just as much, and that everything was going to be alright. She slowed her pace as she neared the flat building, relieved to finally be home. She couldn't wait to take off her boots, change into some comfortable clothes, and-

The scream she heard made her stop completely, then sprint forward, pulling her wand out of its holster. It was twilight, and the streets were empty, so it wasn't as if she had to worry about muggle seeing her running with wand in hand. The scream had come from the alley near their building, and though it could be a regular mugging, Marina wasn't about to let some scumbag get away with whatever it was, muggle or not. She rounded the corner to see a man pinning a woman to a wall and she saw red, before she realized the woman was blonde and petite and her vision blurred completely in shock and rage. She'd been told of Ada's stalker, and she'd alerted her coworkers of it as well, just in case, but she hadn't expected this. Why hadn't she just apparated into this alley? She'd done it before, coming home. She hadn't this time, because she was....

He has a knife, a small voice whispered, and you're pregnant.

"Stupefy!" she screeched as she cleared the space in between her, the knifeman, and Ada, though she personally had never wanted to cast an Unforgivable more than she did right now. The second he went down she was on him, snarling "Incarcerous," and shoving his face into the pavement while she kicked the knife away. She might have stepped on his hand in the process, and ground her heel a bit. She couldn't be sure. As soon as she knew he wasn't going anywhere she scrambled over to Ada. "Ada, Ada, look at me, come on, look at me, it's okay, you're going to be okay, hold on," she said as encouragingly as possible when there was blood drenching her hands where she pressed them to her friend's wounds and spilling onto her shirt and trousers. "We're going to go to St. Mungo's, hold on just a little while longer." She closed her eyes and blinked back hot tears before they apparated away.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

I don’t care, I’m in too deep,
You’re like a riptide dragging me away!
Adrenaline kicking and my heartbeat thumping...
Riptide underneath the waves-
Hold on tight, 'cause it’s the start of something-
Gotta love this riptide!
Nothing's ever gonna feel so fine.
I finally found a little piece of paradise;
It’s like I’m living in a different life.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:47 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          ♥ naтaѕнa вlyтнe ♥
                                                          Looking Grim at Chris and Ada's Flat with - - -
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Numb
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ At least she's alright now. ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

ғaтнerѕ, в e g o o d тo yoυr daυgнтerѕ ❖ ❖ ❖xxxxxx
                                                          daυgнтerѕ wιll l o v e l ι ĸ e yoυ do ❖ ❖ ❖xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceJonathan had let himself into the flat with the spare key he'd been given, and immediately been assailed by a very worried House-Elf, who had apparently not been informed of why her mistress had not returned from attempting to retrieve the cat. As if to mock him, said cat was now perched atop the very counter where Adalaide's wand sat, right next to the open window she'd no doubt returned through. Jonathan had run a hand through his hair, looking as though he'd aged a decade in a day, and tiredly informed the poor creature of what had transpired in the alleyway. He'd had to fight harder and harder to keep going with each word that'd come out. His daughter had nearly died. Had been gutted in a dirty alley by a psycho.

spacePumpkin had been visibly disturbed by the news, but relaxed at least a little when he'd informed her that Ada was alright, that they'd gotten her to the hospital in time and that she was just recovering a bit and readying to make a statement for the Aurors. She'd then gone to gather up Desiree and Zachary, bringing the toddlers to their grandfather. Both children were confused and afraid. Desi very pointedly informed him that 'Mummy was only 'posed t' be gone a minute!' and that it had been 'a whole lotta minutes ago!' He'd sighed wearily, trying to keep a happy face on for the twins, and told them that Mummy was very sorry, and that she would be home soon. Jonathan glanced at the clock then, and out the window, wondering what exactly Chris' sleep schedule was like. Would he awaken the exact moment the last of the day's light vanished? Could he rise sooner? The Ravenclaw had debated attempting to wake his son-in-law, or asking Pumpkin to do so, but was wary; he knew that Ada typically made sure Chris had a glass of blood waiting on his bedside table when he woke. Would he be dangerous without it? Jonathan didn't like that he was somewhat afraid of the young man, but he was more than a little out of his depth here.

spaceHe'd occupied himself with playing with his grandchildren, fighting to keep his mind off of St. Mungo's, where Adalaide sat in a hospital bed, tired and aching and blessedly alive. Her mother had stayed with her should she need anything, Sebastian and Melody having been dropped at Oma's. Damien and Mari were there as well, and had offered to come to the flat in his stead, but Jonathan figured that the news would be less traumatic coming from him. And that he would keep his cool better than the two twenty-three year olds. Mari in particular had seemed to be on a razor's edge all evening, which he understood, given that she'd been the one to find Ada. Damien was reacting mostly to Mari's mood, but also to the fact that he'd very nearly lost the closest thing he had to a sister. Jonathan had nearly lost a daughter, but he was older, wiser, and more mature, and much better at controlling his emotions when the situation called for it. He had a feeling that if either of the pair had tried informing Chris, and had broken even slightly, it would send the vampire into a panic before he could be told that his wife was alright. A panicked vampire did not sound like something any of them wanted to deal with. They were all already exhausted from the strain of the last few hours. Nothing was going to keep Chris calm, but they could at least make sure he didn't jump to any awful conclusions and have to be talked down from a potentially frightening reaction.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx❖ ❖ ❖ gιrlѕ в e c o м e loverѕ wнo т υ r n ι n т o мoтнerѕ
                                                          xxxxxx❖ ❖ ❖ ѕo мoтнerѕ, в e g o o d тo yoυr daυgнтerѕ, т o o

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:33 am
User Image
                                                And rain falls angry on the tin roof
                                                As we lie awake in my bed.
                                                You're my survival, you're my living proof.
                                                My love is alive and not dead.

User Image

════════════════════════

Dʀᴀɢᴏɴ Cʟᴀɴ Lᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ || Tᴡɪɴ || Eᴅɪᴛᴏʀ ғᴏʀ Wʜɪᴢᴢ Hᴀʀᴅ Bᴏᴏᴋs

════════════════════════

Chris woke slowly, blinking away the sleep as he rose, the last light of the sun disappearing. Something was off, and he couldn't be sure what it was. He looked over to where Ada usually was when he first woke up and he noticed she was absent, which made the vampire frown. He could hear the kids, that was a definite, but he couldn't hear Ada. He ignored his usual hunger when he woke and slipped into a pair of sweats and a shirt before he exited the bedroom, already looking around. Ada didn't seem to be anywhere, and when he entered the living room, his expression turned to one of concern. What was Jonathan doing here?

Before he really had time to contemplate what was going on, he found two cannonballs rocketing toward him as Desi and Zach went immediately from Jon to Chris, wrapping their arms around his legs and causing Chris to nearly fall over. This wasn't their normal "Daddy's awake!" actions either, which caused Chris to look over to Jon as the kids started babbling to him about something about Ada and not being home and being gone for 'a lot of minutes'. Something was wrong, and Chris could tell right away that Jon wouldn't be here unless something terrible had happened. "Mister Blythe, what's going on? Where's Ada? Did something happen?"

════════════════════════

Thinking: What happened???
                                                Taken By: Adalaide Blythe
                                                OOC:

Tell me that we belong together.
                                                Dress it up with the trappings of love.
                                                I'll be captivated,
                                                I'll hang from your lips,
                                                Instead of the gallows of heartache that hang from above

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:18 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ♥ naтaѕнa вlyтнe ♥
                                                          Looking Grim at Chris and Ada's Flat with Chris
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Numb
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx

spaceJonathan didn't even hear the door to the bedroom open, or Chris' movements. His grandchildren were up before their father had even appeared; he chalked it up to their better-than-average hearing, courtesy of their vampire genetics. He sighed when Chris immediately asked where Ada was. It was fairly obvious something was wrong, given that he was here and she was not, and he had no doubts that the twin's comments weren't helping in the slightest. He stood, expression as close to comforting as he could manage. "First, you need to know, she's fine. Everything is alright, everything's taken care of," he said, keeping his voice level. He then glanced at Pumpkin, and asked if she would please take the twins to their bedroom. The children protested, quite loudly, wanting to know what was wrong and why he was making them go to their room. Apparently Ada had picked up a habit from him; she had Pumpkin do the same when something was wrong, so his asking the House-Elf to take them to their room upset them a great deal. But, he was not about to tell Chris that their mother had been stabbed nearly to death with them standing right there, listening.

spaceThe Ravenclaw gave the twins his best stern expression, something they were not accustomed to from their typically laid-back grandfather, which at least served to quiet them. "I need to talk to your father," he told them, tone gentle but commanding, and they nodded. "Please, go to your room with Pumpkin. It will only take a minute." He watched the elf walk with the pair down the short hallway to their bedroom, then cast a muffling charm on the living room; whether or not it was strong enough to keep them from overhearing, he had no idea, but he had to at least make an effort.

spaceHis jaw tight, he turned to Chris. "She apparently went around back, chasing after Mina. And was attacked by a man. He..." Jonathan trailed off; he hadn't told Pumpkin this, hadn't been able to. He'd just informed her that Ada had been badly hurt. But Chris needed to know. "He stabbed her, in the belly. Marina was coming home, heard her screaming. She incapacitated the man, tied him up and left him for the Aurors to pick up while she took Ada to St. Mungo's. She's fine now, Marina and Damien are supposed to bring her home as soon as she's released. But we didn't want you waking up with no idea where she was or what had happened, so when it got close to sunset, I came ahead." It took everything in Jonathan not to snap then, because apparently, this hadn't been some random thug; Adalaide had been being stalked, and no one had bothered to inform him. Part of him wanted to rail at his son-in-law, to ask why he and Ada felt this need to never tell them anything, first it'd been her pregnancy and now this. But, logically, he knew that it'd been his daughter's doing; she wouldn't want people to worry about her. Had a nasty habit of thinking she was always safe. Which, honestly, he could understand that. She was surrounded by people who took care of her. But there were things you simply didn't keep from family. Of course, now was definitely not the time for him to be lecturing anyone over it.

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:38 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Chris sat, blinking as Jonathan started off with 'she's fine.' Okay, something really bad must have happened to cause him to start with that. At 'everything's taken care of', Chris started biting his lip, suddenly acutely aware that something bad must have happened for Jonathan to be even start the conversation off in this manner. He gave the twins a hug real fast before he grabbed a blood pop from the canister, knowing full-well he should eat something, but feeling his stomach tied up in too many knots to even think about drinking. When he heard exactly what had happened, Chris paled. He closed his eyes, trying to not think of the scene in his head. However, he could easily think of something bad happening, because when he had first fallen for her, he'd had nightmares that he'd one day drain her dry because he had lost control of the monster inside of him. Now, he didn't so much think of himself as a monster, but the sheer thought that someone had done that, that there were people that would willingly do that. Why...?

The answer came to him easily, without him even finishing that thought. Ada had said that there had been a stalker at her work, and he had talked to Jason about it. The werewolf had told her that the man hadn't been seen in the shop since Ada had told Jason about him, and that he would have to leave the shop before Jason would decide that his newest dangerous plants needed fertilizer. It did little to apparently work in fending off her stalker, even when he'd taken to stalking around the apartment building looking for the guy. He could have done something, prevented this somehow, but now Ada was in the hospital after the event, and Chris could only blame himself.

He dimly nodded, the shock of what happened really hitting home as he realized it was his fault. She'd told him why the guy had stalked her, and while he'd tried, he couldn't deny the fact that he'd been the root of the this attack. Would that guy have stabbed her if he'd been a normal person? No, because he would have been able to prevent it. He would have been able to cast something instead of being a useless squib or a comatose vampire. He ran a hand over his face, seeming to feel much older than he actually was. He was only twenty-seven, for Merlin's sake! He shouldn't feel as old as his father! He took a shuddering breath, trying to control the feeling of feeling helpless and frustrated with himself as Jonathan said Damien and Marina would be bringing her home. "So, Ada's going to be home shortly? Okay, that, okay. Sorry, I guess I should... Merlin, I really wish it wasn't so bloody hard to get drunk right now. How, how long before she's going to be released? Also, should I do something like prepare the flat for anything? Or... Wait, magic, yeah. Sorry, my mind's going to fast to think right now."

════════════════════════

OOC:

I'll be captivated,

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:15 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ♥ naтaѕнa вlyтнe ♥
                                                          Looking Grim at Chris and Ada's Flat with Chris
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Numb
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx

spaceJonathan nodded to Chris, thankful that at the very least he seemed to be keeping it together on the outside. He was certain that the young man wasn't nearly as calm as he seemed, which frankly wasn't all that calm at all, but at least there was no outright panicking going on. "When I left, she was making a statement for the Aurors. The Healers wanted to look her over one more time before she left, but it shouldn't take long." He frowned, expression growing curious as something Chris had said registered. "Hm, it would be rather hard for you to get drunk, wouldn't it? I never even considered that." Jon wondered how that would work. Would he be able to get drunk by increasing the amount of alcohol consumed exponentially, or would it have to be from a blood-based source, such as feeding off of a drunk person? He sort of wanted to ask, but wasn't all that keen on finding out if Chris had purposefully fed of a drunk at some point or another. He liked to tell himself that his son-in-law didn't feed on people, and was pretty sure it wasn't a lie. Now probably wasn't the best time to travel that route, but, it might distract Chris, at least a little. There wasn't really much else Jon could do until-

spaceBefore he could even try to pursue any line of questioning on the subject, the door opened. The Ravenclaw let out a relieved sigh when Ada stepped through, Damien just behind her. The Slytherin waved at Jon and Chris, then said something about getting upstairs and leaving them alone to talk, and left. Ada, meanwhile, had seized on her husband, running at Chris and throwing her arms around him. "I am so, so sorry, I was so stupid," she choked out. Her father cleared his throat lightly, and she looked over her shoulder at him. "Your mother?" he asked simply. "Damien took her home," Ada replied, and Jon nodded, walking up to the pair. Ada separated from Chris long enough for her dad to kiss the top of her head, and then he left. He'd been with her at the hospital, and imagined that they'd rather be alone.

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:45 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Chris nodded, his face buried in his face as he considered things. He knew Ada was safe, but for how long? He couldn't always be there, and with Michelle missing and Damien and Marina not always going to be there, he was sure that she might have issues like this again. Was he even considering what he was? He might be. He must be insane, thinking of offering his wife the very opportunity to be as damned as he was. Wasn't that why she was attacked to begin with? Because she was with him, and therefore close to a vampire? He didn't know, but he didn't think that she had insulted the guy. Ada was practically incapable of insulting anyone, and he figured it would take a lot for her to even get to the levels of saying anything of that manner. His sister, yes, she'd been insulting people since she learned to talk. But not Ada.

Before he could even respond to Jonathan's comment about getting drunk, the door burst open and Chris wasn't even out of his seat when Ada threw her arms around him. He was already shaking his head as Ada apologized for something that was honestly beyond her control. He couldn't blame her. Himself, sure, but never her. He nodded at Jonathan as he took his leave, and then looked at Ada seriously. "Ada, there is nothing to blame you for. You had no idea, unless you're telling me you went out to try and find the guy. At which, yes, I would be mad, but you were just trying to get Mina inside. None of this is your fault."

He sighed, trying to think as he was trying to remember that no, the aurors had the man in custody and therefore would be taking care of things. It did wonders for his peace of mind, but he knew that it had to be tearing Ada up to think that she could have prevented it. Maybe he was a bit old-fashioned, but he had grown up with the idea that he should be able to protect his family. That's what husbands did, after all. "Look, I know you're probably still freaked out over the thing. Why don't I grab you something real fast while I get myself something to drink?" He still hadn't fed yet, and he was sure that his scattered thoughts could be explained by this. He figured after this whole event, Ada probably wouldn't mind some kind of comfort food. She just wouldn't eat the same kind of comfort food he would, after all.

════════════════════════

OOC:

I'll be captivated,

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:15 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ♥ chrístσphєr whítєthσrnє ♥
                                                          Looking Haggard in the Living Room with Chris
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Exhausted
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ Stupid bloody friggin' cat!!! ❞

w h є n є v є r , w h є r є v є r ❀ ❀ ❀xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          wє'rє mєαnt tσ вє t σ g є t h є r ❀ ❀ ❀xxxxxxxxx
                                                          í'll вє t h є r є αnd чσu'll вє n є α r ❀ ❀ ❀xxxxxx
                                                          αnd t h α t ' s thє dєαl, m ч d є α r ❀ ❀ ❀xxx

spaceAdalaide wanted to cry when Chris wrapped his arms around her, choking back a sob. She didn't actually think she were physically capable of crying, not really, she was pretty sure she was already dehydrated. She buried her face in his chest and shook her head. When she spoke, her voice was muffled "I shouldn't have gone out, I should've stayed, but I was worried about Mina, and then I heard him following me and I should have left but I didn't know it was him and when I realized it was too late, and-!" She clung to her husband. "If Mari hadn't been there I would have died and it would've been my own stupid fault and you and the kids would've been alone because I couldn't remember to grab my bloody wand or just apparate away!" Ada had never in her life thought so little of herself as she did right then. The idea that one stupid decision had almost widowed Chris and left him to raise their children infuriated her. A part of her knew that it wasn't really entirely her own fault, a fair bit of blame should be on the man who'd actually done the stabbing, but she'd known Derek was insane and that he'd fixated on her, she shouldn't have taken such an idiotic risk. It wasn't as though she hadn't worried he'd become violent, that was the entire reason she'd been so afraid of him in the first place. No, she'd just told herself that, because she hadn't seen him in a while, he must be gone. As if it could've been that simple. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

spaceWhen he offered to get her something to eat, she shook her head, stepping away slightly and towards the kitchen. "N-no, I... Let me get your breakfast. I... I'd feel better. Normal," she told him, expression distressed. He hadn't fed yet, because she hadn't been here when he'd woken up. She knew he hadn't; he always had a certain look about him before he had a glass. She couldn't describe it, but she recognized it all the same. Something about his eyes. She always made sure that he had a meal waiting as soon as he was awake, but she hadn't tonight, because she'd gone and gotten herself stabbed by a lunatic. The Hufflepuff inhaled sharply, feeling guilty. She was supposed to take care of him.

spaceBefore he could argue or try to talk her into taking it easy (she was fine, really! Magical healing had set her right as rain, at least physically), she half-ran to the kitchen. Ada very pointedly slammed the window shut, a little louder than probably necessary, and shooed Mina off the counter, thinking that she didn't want to so much as look at the cat for a good, long while. She then set about getting Chris' blood, muttering to herself under her breath. It was mostly unintelligible, but little snippets could be heard, mostly repeating that she was an idiot and cursing her cat.

xxx❀ ❀ ❀ thínk σut l σ u d , sαч ít α g α í n
                                                          xxxxxx❀ ❀ ❀ tєll mє σ n є m σ r є t í m є
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❀ ❀ ❀ thαt чσu'll l í v є l σ s t ín mч є ч є s

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:28 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Chris did not like seeing Ada so distressed, and he stroked her hair a bit before he started for the kitchen, only to have Ada say she'd get it and go into the kitchen. He sighed, running a hand in his hair before he walked over and stood leaning against the entrance to the kitchen. He watched her shoo Mina off the counter and winced, thinking that she might be over-dramatizing things a bit. She hadn't died, and she wasn't at fault at all for what happened. Now, he had to fight off the urge to talk to Eretria, but that was just him and his family's tendency to take care of their own.

Deciding that he was getting more frustrated with the way Ada was freaking out, he closed his eyes and made a determination. He knew that he was damn hard to kill, unless sunlight or certain other things were in the picture. And unless someone knew all the weaknesses of a vampire, he was certain that what he was thinking would protect her. He just wished that he wasn't thinking along those lines. Every time something happened where he worried about Ada, it crossed his mind, and had been more and more often since he turned Lea. Granted, Ada hadn't been happy with the fact he'd turned the teenager, but if it was legitimately protecting him from insane relatives, he wasn't going to begrudge the kid the wish. But it was, and he was seriously considering it.

He walked up behind Ada and hugged her from behind, taking the glass from her and setting it on the counter before she could fill it. He set his head on her shoulder, and breathed deeply, trying to remember her scent in case she actually said yes. He hoped she wouldn't, but somehow he doubted it. "I've... been thinking, Ada. I know you've alluded to being turned a lot, and I've always told you I wouldn't want to. I just... I realized tonight just how close I was to losing you, and I don't want that to happen. You've kept me grounded, and I guess I'm selfish. I just, I don't want to lose you is all."

He bit his lip. "If you want to slap me and tell me no, I completely understand. I'm just at a loss for how I'm supposed to protect you if I'm in a coma half the day, and can't be there. I guess this is the only thing I can think of." It sounded bad, and he knew it. He didn't know how else to phrase what he was trying to say, and the usual ease for him finding the right thing to say fled him. He just hugged her tighter and tried to block out the idea that he'd be cursing her while doing this.

════════════════════════

OOC:

I'll be captivated,

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:28 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          Looking Haggard in the Kitchen with Chris
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Exhausted
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx

spaceAdalaide made a weird, frustrated little sound when he came up behind her and plucked the glass from her hand, staring at where he'd set it on the counter. No, not staring; glaring. Her jaw tightened and she waited for him to tell her to relax, that she needed to take it easy, she needed to sit down and let him take care of her. It wasn't that she didn't want him taking care of her, far from it, but she needed to at least pretend like her usual routine hadn't been completely thrown off kilter! All she wanted to do was get him a glass of blood, dammit, it wasn't like she'd asked if he wanted to rearrange the living room furniture. But then his arms were around her and his head was resting on her shoulder, and she calmed, at least a little. She was still braced for him to try and coerce her into taking it easy, though, and was mostly trying to suppress the urge to snap at him before he even had a chance to say it. She didn't need to snap at him, there was no reason to be frustrated with him. He was just trying to take care of her. He was supposed to do that. Hell, he couldn't have been up for more than twenty minutes. That meant, in the span of less than that, he'd woken up to find her missing, her father in the living room, and been told she'd almost died. His emotions were probably all over the place. There was no reason for her to be frustrated with him... And really, she wasn't. She was frustrated at herself, and taking it out on him, which she hated. And it only made her feel worse.

spaceShe was still trying to sort through her emotions and thoughts when he spoke, catching her off-guard. She wasn't sure what did it, that he'd spoken when she was so wrapped up in her own head, or what he was saying. She had tried, on many an occasion, to have that particular conversation with him. It'd always ended before she could so much as try to change his mind, mostly because he was stubborn and she was too insecure to push it. She knew, logically, that it had nothing to do with him not wanting to be with her, and everything to do with him hating what he was. But sometimes that little voice in her head, the one that had told her to get over her stupid crush the second it'd formed because there was no way he'd look twice at her, managed to ease its way back in. She'd never really learned to cope well with rejection.

spaceAnd so, eventually, she'd just stopped asking. She didn't even remember the last time she'd brought it up, because it'd started to hurt too much for him to tell her no. And then there were all these different scenarios playing in her head, things she never wanted to have to think about, but hadn't been able to stop thinking about, regarding the future of their marriage, and his life after she was gone. How awkward it was going to be when the age gap between them grew obvious, and how it would only get more and more so the older she got. As of yet, she'd not gotten any odd looks, which she'd mostly attributed to her having a youthful countenance, being small and delicate and perky. But eventually she was going to look old enough to be his mother. And then his grandmother. She still wondered if he'd even stick around that long, and could never decide if she even wanted him to. It'd be painful. And then... if he didn't, or even if he did, she was going to die, and what would he do then? Part of her had never been able to let go of what he'd said the night he'd almost died, about how as long as she was around, he wouldn't kill himself. As long as she was around. Meaning, what, as soon as she died, that was it? She liked to think that by the time that happened, he'd have gotten past that, because she didn't want him to do that. And she didn't want their kids to have to go through it. But, that possibility was only slightly worse than the other one she could think of, which was that he'd live on without her. Vampires lived a long time... He was going to get lonely. And what if one day, he got tired of being lonely? She didn't like that she was so jealous as to hate some woman who probably wasn't even born yet, but it didn't stop her. The idea that he'd move on wasn't what bothered her; it was the idea that he'd move on, and then decide he couldn't deal with losing someone again the way he had her. That the next person he fell for, he'd keep. Or maybe not the next, but the one after that, or after that... He wasn't going to be able to do this over and over again forever. And he wasn't going to be able to be alone. She knew him well enough to know that.

space"... So do it," she said finally, voice barely audible. She reached up and settled her hand against his head, fingers threading through his hair, and turned her face to kiss him. "We both know I'm not going to say no. I... I'd never say no," she told him, swallowing, eyes wide and staring into his. Do it now, a little voice screamed, before you change your mind. He would, too. She knew it. He was just being reactive, making decisions because he wasn't thinking straight... She could live with that. If he turned her, right now, he wouldn't have time to talk himself out of it, to remind himself of why he'd always said no, which was a stupid reason, by the way!. The blonde didn't care if he'd feel guilty for damning her or whatever other nonsense went through his head. He wanted this, whether he would admit it or not. She had to believe that. Couldn't live with the idea that maybe there was a part of him that didn't want to be with her for that long. No, he wanted it, he wanted to be with her. He'd married her, for Merlin's sake! Admittedly, at the time, he'd been figuring on her having a human lifespan... but he had only accepted that because of his hangups about being a vampire. Which were ridiculous. If he turned her, he'd feel bad about it for a few years (decades?), but he'd get over it. And they'd be together. And that was all that mattered, right? It was to her, anyway.

spaceThe hand in his hair stroked absently as she thought. She absolutely had to get him to do this. Now, while he was willing and more worried about her dying than about what she'd become. It wasn't like he'd think she was a monster, after all, that judgement was reserved wholly for himself. Really, when she thought about it, this was perfect. She hadn't even had to talk him into it, he'd come up with it all on his own. She'd been wondering lately, if since he'd willingly turned that teenager (which she was still sore over), if maybe she'd be able to convince him. But she didn't even have to. He'd been thinking. It was his idea. She kind of hated that she was going to eternally owe the b*****d that stabbed her for the fact that she was actually going to get to hang onto Chris forever, but she could deal with that. Damien and Marina wouldn't be together if that insane professor hadn't tried to kill them first year. Sometimes bad things had to happen to get to the good. That's all this was... something horrible, that was paying off. Big time. She'd take it. She didn't care. Not if it meant she had even this tiny little window to get Chris to turn her. She'd only wanted him to do it since the first time he'd said he loved her, after all. All in all, nearly dying didn't seem like such a high price to pay.

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:57 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Chris felt her hand in his hair as she turned to kiss him, and he bit his lip before he took that hand and held it there, watching her expression carefully. She was serious about this and he finally couldn't say no. He bit his lip, hoping that the fact he hadn't fed yet wouldn't affect the turning. Then again, it might be a good thing, though not so good for any of their dishware. At least he knew he'd be able to take what he needed to make it work before he got too full. And Ada trusted him, in a way he didn't think anyone would be able to after he'd been turned. That scared him, but at the same time eased that fear. He took one last deep breath, steadying himself before he took her hand more firmly and turned, leading her to their bedroom. Pumpkin would know, and understand. She'd keep the kids out of their bedroom while he did this.

Once inside, he turned toward Ada and held both of her hands loosely in his. He kissed her on the forehead and looked into her eyes carefully, just wanting to ask this once,and explain it. It was going to suck, it was going to hurt, and she would feel like she was dying. That was effectively going to happen. He just figured on being upfront about it first. "First, and I have to ask this, you're sure? No regrets, no second thoughts? I have to be sure, because I don't want to turn you only for you to regret it. I... I wouldn't be able to live with myself if you did. But, if you do, and truly meant it. then I'm going to warn you. It hurts. I have to bleed you nearly to death before you can be turned. What I give you afterward, it tastes awful. And you're probably not going to be able to hold the kids for a while until you get control of your strength. That, that's probably the part that's going to suck the most." He knew Ada loved the kids, and Desi especially loved to be held. Hopefully she'd be fine with Chris holding her for a while during her mother's new adjustments to... Life? Unlife? He wasn't sure he could classify it.

════════════════════════

OOC:

I'll be captivated,

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:30 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          Looking Haggard in the Kitchen with Chris
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Exhausted
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx

spaceAdalaide felt her heart beat faster as he took her hand and walked with her to their bedroom, torn between being frozen with shock that this was coming so easily and wanting to run ahead of him and hurry it the hell up. Luckily, the two warring desires evened out so that she let him lead her. She swore she could hear the pounding in her chest, and knew that he could. Hopefully he wouldn't mistake it for fear; it wasn't that, not by a long shot. She was... excited. When he asked if she were sure she wouldn't regret it, she almost choked on the laugh that came out. "You're joking, right? Because I've been sure about this for... let's just say a long, long time," she said, cheeks flushing. For some reason, she was pretty sure that if he knew how long she'd wanted this, he'd think she was crazy. Probably because he thought she was crazy for wanting it at all. But, knowing that she'd come to terms with the decision at, what, fifteen? That might be a little... out there. Still, it just showed that her conviction was solid; she'd been sold on this eventuality for almost a decade. It wasn't something she'd not thought about; actually, she'd thought about it constantly, and often. And she'd tried to weigh the pros and cons, but every time she did, she ended up giving up, because none of the cons ever seemed to even come close to changing her mind.

spaceThat it would hurt didn't even phase her; one moment of pain, just this one time, and then everything would be different, forever. That he'd have to bleed her almost dry to do it only bothered her because she knew it probably would hurt him, emotionally, to have to basically kill her. But he'd get over it, because after this, he wouldn't have to worry about her so much anymore. Their hours would be the same, there'd be no more waking up at sunset and wondering what had happened to her during the day. She'd be waking with him. She'd be harder to kill, stronger, no worry of illness or injury. The idea of his blood tasting awful didn't bother her, either. Momentary pain, momentary disgust, and then it'd be over.

spaceShe did grimace when he mentioned that she wouldn't be able to hold the kids. Of course he'd know that was the one thing that would upset her. Was he trying to subtly talk her out of it? Make her change her mind? It wouldn't work; just like the pain, it was temporary. She swallowed. "I'll just have to learn quickly," she answered confidently, squeezing his hands. She had no doubt she could manage that; it wasn't as though she'd have anything else to do. She was going to have to quit her job, after all, and couldn't get another one until she'd figured the strength out. She'd basically have nothing to do except learn. And it wasn't as though she wasn't a quick study, and she'd always been very careful anyway. It wouldn't be a big deal; over before she knew it. And... maybe it'd be good for the kids, to not be able to be so clingy. Or they'd just transfer all their clingy-ness reserved for her to someone else, she thought, but that wouldn't be so awful.

spaceShe smiled faintly at her husband, taking a hand away from his to brush her hair away from her neck. Again, that little voice was screaming, now, now, now, though she wasn't quite so worried about it now. She didn't think he was going to hesitate, except maybe because he didn't want to hurt her. He... he actually seemed pretty dedicated. She was surprised, had expected him to waver a little, but she didn't see it. Thank Merlin.

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:11 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Chris nodded, and led Ada toward the bed before he hesitated, tilting her head gently a bit before closing his eyes. When he opened them again, he wrapped his arms tightly around Ada before sinking his fangs into her throat. The taste bloomed in his mouth, and he started feeding, trying to listen to her heartbeat. He'd done the same when he turned Lea, and he had to make sure he drew enough before her heart stopped. He knew she was going to fight back, or do something, so he was trying to prevent her from hurting herself too badly from this action. He hadn't realized how hungry he had been when he found that the heartbeat was coming slower than he expected.

He lay her down after he had drained her, feeling a rush he had only experienced on two occasions in his life. Without hesitating, he bit the inside of his wrist and held it to her lips. This was the part that always sucked for him, considering Zephyr hadn't known when to stop, and Lea had to be urged to stop. He swallowed compulsively before he decided to speak. "I know you know a lot about me already, but I figured you should be reminded about some things. Sunlight is bad. Just, really bad. Can't change it, sorry. Also, sorry, my blood tastes horrible. Vampire blood always does. It's just nasty. You already know about the garlic and the strength, but your senses are going to get better too. Mostly nightvision, smell, and hearing. It took me a while to get used to them. I don't know what else to tell you, other than what I already did. Sorry, I know I'm probably going to remember later other things, so when I do, I'll let you know." He just watched and waited after that, knowing he could repeat them as needed. Hell, he had all of eternity to do so if he wanted now.

════════════════════════

OOC:

I'll be captivated,

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:03 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          Looking Haggard in the Bedroom with Chris
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Weird
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ I cannot believe he actually did it-! ❞

spaceAdalaide hissed from the pain when his fangs punctured her throat, eyes squeezing shut, arms coming up to wrap around him to try and find something to steady herself. Every muscle in her body tightened and she swore, nails digging into his shoulders as she fought to keep still. She could tell he was trying to hold her, knew he didn't want to hurt her any more than necessary, including damage she could do to herself. He needn't have bothered; she was thinking clearly enough through the pain not to fight back, even though it hurt more than anything else she'd ever experienced. Didn't matter, didn't matter, she chanted to herself. It didn't matter how much it hurt. She could handle it. She'd already almost died once tonight, what was one more time? Besides, it was Chris, why would she fight him? She felt herself growing weaker, lethargic, her limbs too heavy, her body leaden. When he laid her down, she thought she'd sink into the mattress like a stone to the bottom of the ocean.

spaceWhen he put his wrist to her lips, it took her a long moment to respond, to will herself to drink; her energy was gone, sheer willpower was the only thing that made her do it. And he hadn't been lying; it tasted positively vile. But she made herself drink, because she didn't want to die, and she certainly didn't want him to have to live with having killed her. If he even would. The thought spurned her on, made her take. She had to wonder at his logic; his voice was muffled to her, distant. Was now really the time? What little bits of information were making it through the haze were things she already knew, either from her experience with him or having read up on it in the past. She wasn't really paying much attention; she was too busy making herself drink. Why would you give a person this talk now, anyway? Why not before or after? Then again, it was Chris; he might be doing it now to take his mind off of his worry that he'd screw it up. He'd probably repeat himself a dozen or more times over the course of the night. It was still early, after all.

spaceWhen she stopped drinking, she grimaced, nose wrinkling. Uck. The blonde blinked a few times, trying to clear out the cobwebs. She felt... different, but also not. The heaviness was gone, and in place of the lethargy was an odd buzzing sort of energy. Her perception seemed to have shifted, but not in a way she could name. She stared at her husband, eyes wide. "Um. Hi?" she said, not really sure what to say or do. Seemed to be a running theme, she thought. She was pretty sure that had been her reaction after the first time he'd really kissed her... and the first time they'd had sex... and at their wedding... and probably on a dozen other occasions when she couldn't think of anything to say. "So, uh, I'm not going to lie, I heard maybe a third of what you were saying a minute ago. But I'm pretty sure I've already heard it all before anyway?" She had a feeling he was going to roll his eyes at her and repeat himself, but she'd take it. Hell, she'd listen to him lecture her on How To Be A Vampire for the rest of forever if he wanted to. She could do that now, she thought, slightly smug.

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:59 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          Looking Lovely in the Living Room with Chris
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Cautious
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ Well it's not like it's the end of the world if he doesn't go for it... ❞

α c є n t u r ч σf σpєn αrms thαt s h є í l d thє l í g h t ❀ ❀ ❀xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          thís в α t t l є s c α r ís h є α l í n g ❀ ❀ ❀xxxxxxxxx
                                                          cαst αll thє p α í n tσ thє tσurníquєt thαt в í n d s mє ❀ ❀ ❀xxxxxx
                                                          wє αrє h σ mє n σ w , thє sun w σ n ' t h u r t чσu α n ч m σ r є ❀ ❀ ❀xxx

spaceAdalaide glanced for probably the hundredth time in as many seconds over at her husband, lightly nibbling on her bottom lip. Fingers tapped across the arm of the sofa, and she pulled her legs up onto the couch, tucking them under her. She'd been debating this back and forth ever since they'd moved into the cottage, weighing the pros and cons, and at the end of the day (night?)... Well, she still sort of liked the idea. The problem was going to be selling it to Chris. Given how protective he was of their little family secret, she had a feeling he'd be worried about the risk of exposure. But, Cinq had been in a similar position for years, and she didn't think she'd ever heard rumors of his being a vampire. They were probably safe, right?

spaceThe blonde inhaled deeply, then, drawing up her willpower, half-crawled over the couch towards Chris, lifting herself up so that she was draped over his shoulder. She pressed a kiss to his cheek, a hand sliding over his shoulder and upper arm. "Chriiiis? Could you pause with the book for a sec? I kiiind of need to talk to you about something," she said. Instead of waiting for an answer, she plucked the book he'd been reading from his hands, marked his place, and set it down on the couch next to them. She trailed her hands back towards his shoulders, massaging them for a moment and kissing his cheek again. She bit her lip again, then kissed behind his ear, trailing down towards his neck. Okay, she wasn't exactly playing fair. But she had a feeling that he was going to be... well... Chris, about this. He was going to over-analyze and worry and think of every single reason it was a bad idea. But the thing was, she liked her idea, and she'd thought it through pretty well. It might not be something she could keep up for a long period of time, she'd give it a decade or so at the most, but that was still a whole ten years. Maybe longer... she could always say she took potions to stay youthful looking. A part of her disliked the idea of coming off as being that vain, but hey, if it worked, who cared, right? It was highly unlikely they were going to be able to avoid making up some story or another, not unless they wanted to either come clean, or move every decade or so. The first option, knowing her husband, was never going to happen, and the second one sounded incredibly annoying. Plus, she liked this house. It was basically perfect. She didn't like the idea of having to abandon it in ten years.

spaceWell, in any case, that was a worry for another day, right? Tonight, she wanted to talk to him about her current career prospects. Not that she didn't love staying home with the kids, quite the opposite. But, as it was, they currently had to deal with paying for the cottage and all that, and she liked the idea of them both having income. So, the task at hand was to talk Chris into letting her teach at the school. She wouldn't live there, not a chance. She'd miss her family way too much. But, Jason hadn't moved in when he'd gotten hired on to teach Herbology, he'd remained in his home in the village, so she reasoned she could do the same. Head up to the school, teach a class, maybe figure out some office hours, come home. Seemed simple enough. But first she had to get Chris to go for it... The hands on his shoulders slid forward and down his front, her lips pressing to his neck again. Alright, she needed to stay focused. Which was difficult, but, this was important. Besides... she could always finish what she was starting later.

xxx❀ ❀ ❀ fєll ín l σ v є wíth αn α n g є l ( α h є α r t thαt ísn't c σ l d )
                                                          xxxxxx❀ ❀ ❀ sαч g σ σ d n í g h t , wє αrє d ч í n g ( just h σ l d σ n )
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❀ ❀ ❀ í'vє вlєssєd thєsє s h α d σ w s αnd tαstєd є v є r ч σ n є
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx❀ ❀ ❀ thєч c α n ' t s t є α l σur l σ v є t σ n í g h t

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash