Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Item Quests
Foxy Lady Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:52 pm
Phaedrina

So far I have received 29 messages from The Welcoming Fairy, and I have kept all the messages from 22 onward. I believe one of the first messages said how many were to be sent out, but I think I got rid of that one. Day 29 is Different Styles of Avatars. Basically, it starts as a brief overview of Gaia, and then focuses on some of the specific areas in the later ones.

I often don’t multi-task, which is why I didn’t multi-task well that day. I watch Survivor on the computer, so I have a week to watch the current episode after it is released. Once the new episode is released, the old episode is locked and I can’t watch it anymore. It wouldn’t be the end of the world, but I was in the mood to see what happened. I don’t know if you watch the show, but I wasn’t enjoying the start of this season very much. I mostly watch for the puzzles they create, so I can see how people solve them. Or watch to see how far people push the limits of their body. The drama I could do without, but I guess that is what keeps the show around. How do you normally multitask?

I started a thread yesterday for art freebies, and I had no idea how quickly things would progress! I hung around for a little, and one person asked if I could draw them. I thought that was great, and left for the evening. I come back today, and there are like 10 other people asking if I would consider drawing their avatars. I’m not a fast drawing, so I think I’m going to be pretty busy for the next little while. Or I’ll learn to be quicker. Or sink and raise a white flag, lol. People seem to be nice so far, which is lovely! I hope someone decides to hang around. Even after I posted my complete list of people I will work on, some people are still asking for me to draw them. I’m not sure if it is because they aren’t reading the first post, or they saw my first drawing and are hoping I will draw them.

Hehe, I kind of thought you would say you like to post! biggrin It would be nice to get gold for posting, but for now, I guess we’ll just have to enjoy it.

The previous Halloween events sound like fun! To be honest, I am sort of turned off by the current event, because on the first page the first thing I see is they want me to use GC to buy things. I don’t have enough to buy items, so why would I buy a potion? There is my mini rant. Plus, I am jaded by how long I played the game, was told I earned lots of candy, and at the end I guess it glitched so I had nothing. I guess I will wait until they sort out some of the main glitches before I try again. As it is, I think I will be pretty busy with drawing anyway. Thanks for sharing the details on the zOMG special events. I may never get to see any events in there, but hopefully I will get to try the game soon!

Well, I thought that there were either 25 or 30 messages, so maybe it's 30? XD;; Oooo~~~ I think I'll like Day 29 the best. XD

I didn't know that Survivor episodes are only up for a week. I know they're available to watch online because I do that sometimes when I miss the show. Ah, I can see how this season wouldn't be too interesting yet then... The challenges haven't included many puzzles yet (that I can remember). I watch the show. Sorta for the opposite reasons. I'm not into the drama... but I like seeing how people handle the social game. I like to try to predict the moves that people will make... and also just can't believe some of the decisions they make... Hmm, lately I've been eating or playing the app Draw Something while watching TV. xD I guess I haven't been multi-tasking too well. I'm also cleaning up while on Gaia (collecting candy), but that's not working out too well because I'm currently sitting here. But hey, at least the washing machine is running. That counts, right? XD;

Yay! I'm glad your first freebie thread sounds like it's going well. =D And, yeah, you totally don't have to draw everyone.... but it's so hard to say no. @ .@ Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that freebie threads are also good for building up a stock of samples to use when/if you set up an art shop. So that's another good reason to take your time. ^^ ... Oh yeah. XD; I forgot the part about hanging around. I think my friend used to tell people to stop in and chat... and that it would help their chances at getting art. No, wait, it was that they had to make 10 posts before they could make requests. Sorry about that. XD; I guess that's why the people in her threads were so chatty. ^^;;;

Hah, I literally just sighed. I'm not a fan of the way the events have been run for the past year. Gaia has integrated cash into everything. "All features must pay for themselves."
Technically, the whole event can be done without cash. Cash just makes everything easier. XP You'll obtain those same potions at random by turning in soul candies. But Gaia doesn't do a very good job of reassuring its users that the event can be completed without cash. > <; I had the same reaction when I saw the event page. It's tacky.
Yeah that's too bad about Switchem and the soul candies. Hopefully refreshing the page was the only problem. Otherwise, a report can be submitted.

Phaedrina
I appreciate the tips on the ToTing. I tried to start with the last three, but I was getting the message regarding being too greedy as well. When I tried one of them, they said, “Relax, more candy will be available in 25 seconds.” I think maybe I was just clicking them too fast. Going slower seems to work now. There are a lot of things to remember about this event. I appreciate all the help you are giving, and the heads up from your experience! I’m looking forward to getting some items, too! The shop keepers look really cute, all dressed up!

Thanks for filling me in on the different potions. I haven’t noticed the little heads before! Since I don’t have many items, the last time I went into the dressing up screen was when I put on my Halloween costume. I’m excited to have the option of animals without buying a potion, and then buying another potion if I change my mind. I wonder if there is something to turn me into a fox?? Might be cheaper than the wolf ears.

I’m glad the ghost was your first Halloween costume! I am even more glad I picked it now. I spiced it up with the mask, but I was still pretty happy with how it looked originally.

I might wait until after Halloween and try again for asking about the Welcoming Fairy Thread. I think the other threads are so active, probably no one will see this one until everything is over.

I joined a guild so I could do some RPing, but since posting doesn’t make gold, the drawing sort of got pushed ahead. Plus, there are a lot of Read These First threads within the guild, so I feel like I really need to sit down with a pot of tea to go through them. Once I work through my list of freebies, I might take a look at the guild and see what is going on. I don’t think they’ll kick me out if I don’t post for a few weeks. Plus, everyone has such nice avatars they use for RPing, so I would like to have a good avatar together before I get too far into the whole RP experience.

For now, I think it is time to finish up my ToTing, perhaps see if I can get some more clues in the mansion, and then call it a night. Have you been having fun with the Halloween event?

Yeah, I think candy usually has about a minute cool down. I keep forgetting to collect the next piece. XD; So I've been collecting at 5 - 10 minute intervals. > < Haha yeah, Halloween is usually the biggest, most confusing event of the year so it's too bad that you've been dropped right into the deep end for your first event. I also look forward to seeing the shopkeepers all dressed up. They've had many costumes over the years, some more perfect than others... so some of the costumes this year were disappointing to me. But I think it's mostly that I just didn't understand at least half of the references. > <

Paws items ([animal] items) are hard to search for on the marketplace because the animal tag just brings up everything animal (including human items). So, this is a master paws item list. Or, better yet, here are some fox furs: fox fur, tan fox fur, kitsunebi, matsuri kitsunebi and corrupt kitsuno. I'm no expert on animal items, so there are most likely others, but those were the items that came to mind when I think of the animal foxes.

Haha yeah, the ghostie is so simply perfect. :3

That sounds like a good idea. ^^ I think everyone has their hands full with the guild event.

Ohhh I hadn't thought about all that reading you'd have to do to catch up. Someone mentioned before how intimidating RP guilds are because of all of the rules. @ .@ And, oh yeah, I forgot about how people like to have their accounts dressed up for the character. Yeahhhh XDD wow, talking to you has made me realize just how much work Gaia really is. No wonder why I never get anything done on this site. Well, I envy you. I'm horrible at RPing. I used to RP when I started Gaia.... but because that's what I thought this site was for. XD; The person who introduced me to Gaia was into RPing. I mostly liked reading the beautiful posts that the other users created~~

I've been enjoying Halloween... I think I like NSTG's event more than Gaia's event though. XD
I joined the Angelic side of the event. Due to being vastly outnumbered, posting was like a 1-hit-KO on the first day. I know the staff was working to help correct the imbalance... but... I don't think I want any of those items anyway... maybe... I don't know. XD We'll see. I haven't had a chance to check out the event again since the first day.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:03 pm
Thank you NSTG for the donation! cat_biggrin  

Phaedrina

Phaedrina

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:59 pm
sdrawkcab

I never participate in the guild's events because I never have the time. I've been making an effort to participate because I agree, they put a lot of effort into their events and they're rather fun. I've also explored the 100 room mansion and collected a few wishes. The seance thread is hilarious. Daypaw is doing an excellent job. XD There are some other games like decorate a ghost, write a six word story and such... have you gotten to those yet?

Yep, that's the main event. ^^ You can collect one Wing Sticker per day of the event. Wing stickers can be used at The Treehouse. That shop updates with little items during events and the only currency it accepts is wing stickers. (You can also buy items off the marketplace for gold.)

Hmm... I had the same issue, I think. When I was done with Switchem, the page said I had zero soul candies because I hadn't refreshed it. I was irked... before I refreshed the page. Maybe give it another shot? When you replay Switchem, any level that you've already beaten gives you 100k per level when you beat it again.

Aww, yeah n .n the aquariums are cute. Oh! That's for your own tank. Um, I hadn't explained BG yet because that's a whole 'nother can of worms. We'll get to that. XD For now, what you want to play are the tanks that are set up with the good fish. ;D You'll find those in the aquarium forum. Look for any thread that says "Glowing!" Click on it, then click on the tank in the user's signature on the first page. If the game is on, you'll see the words "Booty Grab" on their tank in their signature (if I remember correctly). You have to be quick because only 32 people get to play per glow (or a similar number).
Your fish be okay. When they die, you get an item drop that you can open for an equippable item (usually pretty cheap). I heard that unhappy fish might not give you the drop, XD; but I think it's a rumor. > < Not sure.
I understand what you mean about logging on being a choice. I'd like to keep it that way too. However, I've been pretty hooked on the Daily Chance now so I've been logging in each day to at least collect the carts. XD;

Aw thanks. :3 Yeah XD people use the houses as virtual hangouts. I just figure, you know, use your own house. There is an option to lock people out of it, but *shrugs* I got a story out of it being unlocked. xD And, like you said, this isn't the real world so it's not like visitors can alter my house in any way. So it's all good.
Ha yeah, figuring out Towns will be its own adventure, for sure. ^^ You'll want to plant your house and such. The flash spaces (Towns, Rally, Virtual Hollywood) have their own little subculture of users. Young. It's probably somewhere you won't want to spend hours hanging out on, however, that's some users whole Gaia experience. They don't post in the forums. They log on and go straight to their hangout and chat with other users. They even have their own distinctive way of dressing. XD; I find it amusing. (Because a lot of their popular items are stuck in the 2003-2005 era).
Ah, good good. XD I guess it ties in with what I said above, but there are so many different things to do on Gaia. I'm sure we've all gotten stuck in our little niches so you'll hear different stories about Gaia and what to do depending on where you are on this site. XD

Oh my gosh, I don’t think there will ever be enough time to do everything on Gaia I would like! Since joining the guild, I haven’t even taken a look at any of the other forums, as there is so many within the guild. I love all the different threads going for the Halloween, and I agree Daypaw is doing amazing with the séance thread. I think I am having more fun with the guild Halloween event than with the actual Gaia event. I have attacked a few people, healed some others, and made a few kills. I did a quick sketch for someone too, which was fun.

You were right about the soul candies! Once I went back in to Switchem, all of my candies were remembered. I was so happy to see the time I spent was remembered. I have played there a few more times, because it will probably be the easiest few millions I will ever make on here!

I keep forgetting to feed my fish. They are still there, but I feel bad. I may be able to let you know if unhappy fish don’t drop items, because my tank is only at 13%. I did put some items in the tank, so at least there are things in there to keep the fish company. I don’t know if it matters, but it does make the tank look less empty! There was a tutorial on BG, but I didn’t realize I couldn’t play my own tank. Oops!

I have been logging on every day as well, but I sometimes get so wrapped up in one area of Gaia, I completely forget about another are until I remember a few days later. Like with writing back. I had your reply copied over into Word, but then when I log in to work and earn gold, I have been forgetting to write back. I need to start making time for our conversation though, because I do really enjoy it!

I’m thinking I’ll save the exploring of the other areas until all this Halloween fun is over. There is just so, so much to do!

sdrawkcab

Yeah, there are some very good alchemy guides. I haven't really broken into alchemy yet, but I've done a little digging. When alchemy was first released, it was much harder to level and craft items because there was much less gold in the system. So the alchemists used to be a pretty tight knit forum that would all band together to help fellow alchemists. At least that's the sense I got. They're not unwelcoming to new alchemists and they'll answer questions without grumbling and griping. Of course, I'm generalizing so.. yeah~
I have a thread that I've been slowly rambling on in my downtime. I've listed some alchemy guides that seemed useful: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=24499509#368261567. (The last one is especially useful because it's a guide that links to all the other guides). When you get into it, (or if you do) maybe you can let me know if there's another guide that would be good to add. ^^
:3 Haha that's pretty cool about making a thread. Hopefully that works out~~

Oh no. Sorry to hear about the lackluster luck on grab bags. > <

XD Yeah > < it'll take some investing of your gold into items in order to speed up the process. And that will take time to research which items. x .x; It would definitely change if you made gold from art too, yep. ^^ You've got the right ideas. XD Woot. Did you put up an art thread? o:

I did get hired by two people to open up the Philospher Caches, but unfortunately they wanted the Heart Charms. I do get to keep the bags though, so I will have to decide if I want to learn about the alchemy, or if I just want to learn what items to sell. I almost have been looking at the money that has been donated to me as spoken for, as it is going towards the ears, so the gold I make by being hired will almost be an investment so I can make more gold from it. After this, I should be able to buy more bags guilt free, and then open them myself. There is so much to do on here, I may not even worry about alchemy.

I really like your rambling page! Is there any way to save this as a favorite? The link is in this thread, so I will know where to find it, but it would be nice to have a shortcut there! Pretty much your guide gives me the impression of don’t throw or sell anything, until you know more about it. Just like with the charms I was selling, it could be used for something someday.

The threads are working out, but keeping me busy! http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-freebies/art-freebies-being-created-2-12/t.94555027/ is my artwork thread, if you’re interested in seeing it. I debated coloring the different artwork, but thought it best to keep things simple. I am having a lot of fun, but I probably should have been a bit more direct and asked for tips. As it is, people appear to like my work, but there definitely isn’t any gold coming in. I will be able to use these as samples of my artwork, though, so this definitely will be a benefit!

Okay, it is bedtime now. I am looking forward to writing back to the rest soon!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:37 pm
sdrawkcab

Well, I thought that there were either 25 or 30 messages, so maybe it's 30? XD;; Oooo~~~ I think I'll like Day 29 the best. XD

I didn't know that Survivor episodes are only up for a week. I know they're available to watch online because I do that sometimes when I miss the show. Ah, I can see how this season wouldn't be too interesting yet then... The challenges haven't included many puzzles yet (that I can remember). I watch the show. Sorta for the opposite reasons. I'm not into the drama... but I like seeing how people handle the social game. I like to try to predict the moves that people will make... and also just can't believe some of the decisions they make... Hmm, lately I've been eating or playing the app Draw Something while watching TV. xD I guess I haven't been multi-tasking too well. I'm also cleaning up while on Gaia (collecting candy), but that's not working out too well because I'm currently sitting here. But hey, at least the washing machine is running. That counts, right? XD;

Yay! I'm glad your first freebie thread sounds like it's going well. =D And, yeah, you totally don't have to draw everyone.... but it's so hard to say no. @ .@ Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that freebie threads are also good for building up a stock of samples to use when/if you set up an art shop. So that's another good reason to take your time. ^^ ... Oh yeah. XD; I forgot the part about hanging around. I think my friend used to tell people to stop in and chat... and that it would help their chances at getting art. No, wait, it was that they had to make 10 posts before they could make requests. Sorry about that. XD; I guess that's why the people in her threads were so chatty. ^^;;;

Hah, I literally just sighed. I'm not a fan of the way the events have been run for the past year. Gaia has integrated cash into everything. "All features must pay for themselves."
Technically, the whole event can be done without cash. Cash just makes everything easier. XP You'll obtain those same potions at random by turning in soul candies. But Gaia doesn't do a very good job of reassuring its users that the event can be completed without cash. > <; I had the same reaction when I saw the event page. It's tacky.
Yeah that's too bad about Switchem and the soul candies. Hopefully refreshing the page was the only problem. Otherwise, a report can be submitted.

Looks like there are 30 messages! Day 29 is different styles of avatars! You would definitely like Day 29 best. What made you say you would like it best? Is 29 a lucky number? I did get a response about the Welcoming Fairy messages. There is a link here. You could always add this to your reference page!

I think it depends on how you access the episodes. I watch my TV from the show website, so I guess they want to encourage you to get cable (you can access the older ones if you have cable). There are also a lot of unofficial sites that post TV shows, but some of them want you to download special viewers so I tend to avoid them. Do you have a site you normally go to? Usually the people that play the social game end up winning, so it is a very respectable reason to watch! Since there have been a few episodes already, have you picked your top three? We should make a bet and see if either of us can guess one or more people in the top three. I think it would be fun!

Having the washing machine run while on Gaia totally counts! I haven’t been doing much multi-tasking lately, kind of small visits to Gaia with a single-minded focus. I like the meandering multi-tasking days of letting my brain wander.

The 10 posts before drawing is a great idea! This might be something to incorporate into the store. It would be nice to have people enjoy being around. Sorry I keep going back to the drawing, I seem to be incorporating it into basically every post, lol! I guess I’m just excited.

I can see a lot of downsides with these pay to play events. One is they slowly stop worrying about other aspects of the site because not as much money can be made. For now, my focus is on the Guild, my job of opening Philosopher Caches, and my thread and drawing.

sdrawkcab

Yeah, I think candy usually has about a minute cool down. I keep forgetting to collect the next piece. XD; So I've been collecting at 5 - 10 minute intervals. > < Haha yeah, Halloween is usually the biggest, most confusing event of the year so it's too bad that you've been dropped right into the deep end for your first event. I also look forward to seeing the shopkeepers all dressed up. They've had many costumes over the years, some more perfect than others... so some of the costumes this year were disappointing to me. But I think it's mostly that I just didn't understand at least half of the references. > <

Paws items ([animal] items) are hard to search for on the marketplace because the animal tag just brings up everything animal (including human items). So, this is a master paws item list. Or, better yet, here are some fox furs: fox fur, tan fox fur, kitsunebi, matsuri kitsunebi and corrupt kitsuno. I'm no expert on animal items, so there are most likely others, but those were the items that came to mind when I think of the animal foxes.

Haha yeah, the ghostie is so simply perfect. :3

That sounds like a good idea. ^^ I think everyone has their hands full with the guild event.

Ohhh I hadn't thought about all that reading you'd have to do to catch up. Someone mentioned before how intimidating RP guilds are because of all of the rules. @ .@ And, oh yeah, I forgot about how people like to have their accounts dressed up for the character. Yeahhhh XDD wow, talking to you has made me realize just how much work Gaia really is. No wonder why I never get anything done on this site. Well, I envy you. I'm horrible at RPing. I used to RP when I started Gaia.... but because that's what I thought this site was for. XD; The person who introduced me to Gaia was into RPing. I mostly liked reading the beautiful posts that the other users created~~

I've been enjoying Halloween... I think I like NSTG's event more than Gaia's event though. XD
I joined the Angelic side of the event. Due to being vastly outnumbered, posting was like a 1-hit-KO on the first day. I know the staff was working to help correct the imbalance... but... I don't think I want any of those items anyway... maybe... I don't know. XD We'll see. I haven't had a chance to check out the event again since the first day.

There are a few shops I don’t get the reference to this year. Actually, quite a few. I think I do get maybe a handful of them! The rest are pretty neat to look at. I can sort of see the genre of a few of them, but most are just pretty pictures.

I think if I were to get something animal related, it would be the fox fur, because I love the colors. I have quite a bit of saving to go before I get there though! The same goes for most everything on here. If only I had more time, hehe!

The only problem with the ghost is the lack of hands! I got the camera by going through a Mansion Door, but I couldn’t hold it without losing my ghost costume.

The RP guild has a story, character details, behind the scenes battles (there is a thread as well as the guild forums, so there is a lot of reading between the two). I’m not sure if I will ever get much into it, because right now I have my single minded goal of making some gold. I can see you would not get much done on the site, since I imagine I’m not the only one you are having conversations with. I’m not sure I’m into battles, but I haven’t tried them yet, so who knows. I’m sure you’re not horrible at RPing! You’re very good at describing things, and creating a bit of detail to the posts is what adds the flair. Some people only post a line, or the equivalent to a bump. It is hard to start much of anything with that!

I hope you’re having fun with the various Halloween events!

Phaedrina

Phaedrina

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:31 pm
The price on the ears has come down, a lot! There is hope for me yet! cat_blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:43 pm
Big push selling items, but I am getting closer! cat_whee  

Phaedrina

Nenanah

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:14 pm
Good Luck!!!

***Sends Donation***

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:06 pm
Thank you for the donation Nenanah!  

Phaedrina

Phaedrina

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:47 am
Big jump in gold... Almost there!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:07 pm
I added a cute picture! cat_3nodding  

Phaedrina

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:50 pm
Wow, 'grats on the progress! O:
And that picture is totally adorable. :3

I had started a reply two days ago and lost it. Not too much of a loss because I hadn't written much yet, heh. Life is currently eating up my Gaia time but I'll return as soon as I can. <3 I miss the time I spend on Gaia winding down from the day.

Edit; I just checked the marketplace and then noticed that your info in the first post had changed.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:57 am
I'm almost half way there! heart  

Phaedrina

Phaedrina

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:02 am
sdrawkcab
Wow, 'grats on the progress! O:
And that picture is totally adorable. :3

I had started a reply two days ago and lost it. Not too much of a loss because I hadn't written much yet, heh. Life is currently eating up my Gaia time but I'll return as soon as I can. <3 I miss the time I spend on Gaia winding down from the day.

Edit; I just checked the marketplace and then noticed that your info in the first post had changed.

Thank you, for both! I was thinking about you a few days ago, wondering how you are doing. I am so glad you stopped by! I'm sorry I missed your reply. Sometimes I get confused by the notices. I wouldn't worry about the reply, we got a little carried away. Now would be a good time to restart!

As for the ears, I'll just keep plugging away! Once I'm done my art freebies, I think I'll set up a shop. One person tipped for the drawing, but one person didn't even say thank you. crying  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:39 pm
Glad to see you are getting closer to your quest!  

Ms Jezebel Spirit

Feral Bibliophile

13,750 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Marathon 300
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Phaedrina

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:23 pm
Ms Jezebel Spirit
Glad to see you are getting closer to your quest!

Aw, thanks! I see you're making good progress on yours as well!  
☆ Item Quests

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff