Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Wool's Orphanage Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:24 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          ♥ jєrєmч lσng ♥
                                                          Looking Rebellious at the Orphanage with Gypsy
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Nervous
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ This kid is going to hate me and this whole thing is going to be moot, I just know it. ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

í h α t є thє w σ r l d tσdαч ஒ ஒ ஒxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          чσu'rє sσ g σ σ d tσ mє, í k n σ w thαt í cαn't chαngє ஒ ஒ ஒxxxxxxxxx
                                                          T r i e d to tell you but you l o o k a t m e ஒ ஒ ஒxxxxxx
                                                          líkє mαчвє í'm αn α n g є l undєrnєαth, ínnσcєnt αnd s w є є t ஒ ஒ ஒxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceGypsy desperately wished she had even a fraction of her fiance's confidence. Normally she could fake it at the very least, but right now, not so much. She wondered what the hell had happened to her; she didn't used to be this much of a worrywart. All this stupid insecurity and freaking out over everything... ugh. She hated it. Of course, it was mostly because, unlike when she'd been a teenager, things actually mattered now. She was twenty years old, she was an adult. An adult who was about to meet a child she was supposed to be adopting with Jer. She swallowed hard, still gripping tight to Jer's hand. "That's all the advice you have?!" she hissed through her teeth, trying not to glare at him. "'Don't make out with me and be yourself'? Seriously? Not. Helpful!" She was pretty sure being herself was not the appropriate way to be around a kid that young. For one, the person she was... well, she wasn't exactly a good influence. Which she was probably going to have to grow out of. If she even knew how. The metamorphmagus grit her teeth, wanting to bang her head against a wall. The idea that Malcolm was 'scarred for life' because of Luke and Steffi didn't help, either. She didn't want to be one more adult in the kids life who'd done something to help screw him up. She was pretty damn sure he had enough of those already.

spaceSeeing how at ease Jer was in this place made her squirm; ugh, he'd grown up here? And it'd been worse then, she thought, bristling. She didn't get a chance to say anything, though, because just then a bright pink blur came barreling towards the pair, throwing itself at Jer. The Ravenclaw's eyes went wide as she took in the child who'd attached himself to Jer's legs. She knew Jer had said the kid liked dresses, but what the... Not that she cared, it was just... more than she'd expected. What a little weirdo, she thought, a small hint of amusement managing to worm its way through the shock and the nerves. It wasn't an insult, not in the slightest, but she still wasn't about to say it out loud. Hell, at least she was smart enough to figure that out. She shifted awkwardly, crossing her arms. "Um. Hi, I'm Gypsy," she said, and then she was messing with her lip ring again. What was she supposed to do? Offer a handshake? Briefly, she wondered if children could smell fear. It was ridiculous, but she wasn't exactly rational at the moment.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxஒ ஒ ஒ sσ t α k є m є αs í α m
                                                          xxxxxxஒ ஒ ஒ thís mαч mєαn чσu'll hαvє tσ вє α s t r σ n g є r m α n
                                                          xxxxxxxxxஒ ஒ ஒ rєst α s s u r є d thαt whєn í stαrt tσ mαkє чσu n є r v σ u s
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxஒ ஒ ஒ αnd í'm g σ í n g tσ є х t r є m є s, tσmσrrσw í wíll c h α n g є
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxஒ ஒ ஒ αnd t σ d α ч wσn't mєαn α t h í n g

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:07 pm
User Image
                                                      I feel the love
                                                      And I feel it burn
                                                      Down this river every turn
                                                      Hope is our four letter word
                                                      Make that money
                                                      Watch it burn

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

$ł⑂тн℮ґїη ∀ℓυмᾔḯ || $тяεℯ⊥ ♏αℊї¢їαη || Ṕґøʊⅾ ♏ʊḓ♭ℓø☺ⅾ

════════════════════════

Jer almost laughed at the reaction that Gypsy gave him about his advice. He honestly didn't know much advice he could give about younger kids. To him, it came naturally from spending a lot of time in his youth around younger people. He was pretty sure that had he continued to live here, he would have been just as attached to any and all of the orphans that came in after he left. He didn't want to say it, though, as that would make Gypsy feel worse about the situation. Instead, he chewed on the stud in his tongue and considered what he was going to say about Malcolm. Not that he could say much beyond what he'd seen around. He'd spent the time between his discovery of his baby brother and today getting to know the kid. If nothing else, he knew the kid thought his piercings and tattoo were neat, and asked if he could get some too. Jer might have let Kenny get a tattoo at age fourteen, but he wasn't about to let a kid three years of age get them. That was irresponsible, and certainly would get Steffi to crack down on him like nothing he'd ever seen before. He decided to settle for introducing Malcolm to Gypsy. "'Eaven and 'ell, Mal, that's me lemon Gypsy. I figured tha' ya should mee' 'er. She's a really sugar heap, an' I though' ya an' 'er could be friends. Well, that's if ya wanna be."

Malcolm, to his credit, seemed to examine Gypsy carefully before he detached himself from Jer. He walked over and grabbed onto Gypsy's hand, and Jer had to bite back a chuckle as the younger male dragged Gypsy down to eye level with him. Malcolm then reached out a hand and touched her hair, all the while with a look of surprise on his face. "Your hair's pink. Why? I want pink hair too! Jer, can I have pink hair too?" Jer couldn't help it. He started laughing and leaned up against the wall for support. Malcolm of course gave him a look and crossed his arms, trying to look serious. The look however failed on him and Jer shook his head at the kid.

"Gyp's always 'ad pink 'air, a' leas' since I known 'er. Bleedin' bells, pretty sure tha' even she don' know wot 'er original 'air colour is now. Bu', I can' 'xactly give ya pink 'air, a' leas' no' ye'. Maybe some time in th' future, jus' no' now." Malcolm just pouted, making the whole scene adorable as hell in Jer's opinion. Then again, his definition of cute might be a bit warped. He was currently trying to imagine the kid with bright pink hair with purple streaks, and he just shook his head and looked helplessly at Gypsy. He'd already made his determination about the kid. He was just waiting to see what Gypsy had to say about him.

════════════════════════
                                                      Thoughts: Gyp'll be fine, really.
                                                      Taken By: Gypsy Lovette
                                                      OOC:

[x]

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Old but, I'm not that old
                                                      Young, but I'm not that bold
                                                      And I don't think the world is sold
                                                      I'm just doing what we're told
                                                      And I feel something so wrong by doing the right thing
                                                      I could lie, couldn't I, couldn't I?
                                                      Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:03 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ♥ jєrєmч lσng ♥
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Nervous
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ This kid is going to hate me and this whole thing is going to be moot, I just know it. ❞

spaceGypsy stiffened when Jer told Malcom that the two of them could be friends, if the boy wanted to. That placed a hell of a lot of pressure on her to be likable, which was not something she generally considered herself. Not at first, anyway. She liked to think she grew on people... like mold. She chewed on her lip as the child inspected her for a second, not resisting when he pulled her down to the floor. She almost laughed when the boy's hand went to her hair, his expression amazed. okay, this she could deal with. She was used to this. Maybe not from a child, but still. She smiled in relief at Malcolm's fascination, glad that at least there were some things in the world she could trust to stay constant. Those things mostly being one, that her brother was a stick in the mud, two, that Jer was always there for her, and three, people were always utterly amazed by her hair.

spaceShe smirked a bit when the boy said he wanted pink hair, too, glancing up towards Jer. His disappointment at being told no was adorable. Had Jer been this cute as a kid? She had a hard time seeing it. "Pink is my original hair color," she said smugly. It wasn't quite a lie, actually. Her baby photos were proof enough that it'd turned bright hot pink almost the second she'd been born. Considering that kids were born with dark hair that turned lighter, or vice versa, all the time, she didn't figure there was anything wrong with her laying claim to her pink. It was her genetics, same as Jer's blonde was his, right? Even if it was a magic gene that meant she could change it at will. Though, that thought sparked another, and she looked from Jer to Malcolm and back. "Jer... is he...?" She trailed off, not really sure what to say. If they were going to adopt him, the kid would find out about magic regardless, so she guessed it didn't matter either way. But Michael had no magic, so she had to wonder which of the two older boys was the odd man out. Though, Malcolm was only three, his not showing signs yet didn't mean he wasn't. Technically they wouldn't know for sure until he hit eleven, since the chances of magic showing up any later than that were almost non-existent.

spaceThe Ravenclaw looked the boy up and down, a million questions racing through her head. If he wasn't magic, what were they going to do about his schooling? Would it be cruel to constantly use magic around him when he couldn't? She knew a lot of squibs ended up resenting the magical world, feeling like they were lacking, and she never wanted to be responsible for Malcolm feeling that way... She tried to keep her expression neutral, with a smile on her face, but the concern was evident in her eyes. They were going to have to discuss a lot before they finalized this... Luckily, they had plenty of time. Jer still needed a job, and they still needed to find a flat. She wasn't budging on that front, it had to be done. In the meantime... she figured they'd just visit a lot. If Malcolm liked her. Which, she was slightly more optimistic about. If nothing else, she could just change her hair and eyes and face to amuse him. Maybe make his hair pink for a bit to bribe the kid into liking her. Although, it might upset him when she had to change it back, she didn't know. How much would Steffi kill her for granting the kid's wish, anyway? Or would it start a mutiny, with all the kids wanting colorful hair? Hm. Maybe best not to do that, then. Even if she did think it'd make him like her more.

xxxxxxxxxxxxஒ ஒ ஒ αnd í'm g σ í n g tσ є х t r є m є s, tσmσrrσw í wíll c h α n g є

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:32 pm
User Image
                                                      I feel the love
                                                      And I feel it burn
                                                      Down this river every turn
                                                      Hope is our four letter word
                                                      Make that money
                                                      Watch it burn

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

$ł⑂тн℮ґїη ∀ℓυмᾔḯ || $тяεℯ⊥ ♏αℊї¢їαη || Ṕґøʊⅾ ♏ʊḓ♭ℓø☺ⅾ

════════════════════════

Jer snickered as Gypsy outright told Malcolm that pink was her hair colour, and Jer couldn't dispute this. He'd only ever seen her with a natural hair color when she was terrified, or well, trying to impress Daniel. It just didn't look natural on her. Which was saying something, as well, he was pretty sure that on anyone other than him, it looked fake. But when she looked from him back to Malcolm and then back to him again, he frowned, trying to understand her question. Was Malcolm what? It took a moment for him to figure out what she was implying, and the blond looked over Malcolm curiously. Jer was a mudblood, there was no doubt about it. But was Malcolm a muggle, or a muggleborn? He didn't know. Hell, he'd only had Michael to judge on how the rest of his biological family was, and Michael was as nonmagical as someone could get. He liked to imagine that Malcolm being as odd as he was meant that he was magical, but he'd seen plenty of odd muggles before to know that was erroneous. He stuck his hands behind his head, thinking hard. How hard could it be to tell if someone was magical or not, anyway? "I dunno, Gyp. I mean, I' coulda passed 'im over completely, or 'e could be jus' as... diff'ren' as I am. I guess we'd 'ave ta wai' an' see. No' li' I'd 'ide wot I am from th' kid when 'e's wit' us, and I could use me magic tricks ta make i' more li' wot I 'ad been doin' wos wha' 'e wos seein', bu'..."

Malcolm simply, to his credit, looked from one person to another, trying to figure out what they were talking about. At least that's what Jer was figuring from the expression on his face. It was eerie, watching an expression he knew he used all the time on someone else's face. He then plopped himself in between the two and poked Jer, and then Gypsy. He then pointed stubbornly to his own hair, his expression mulish. "I want pink hair too!" Before Jer could really reply to the kid, pink streaks started working their way through his hair, and Jer nearly facepalmed. Well, apparently Michael was the odd man out. He wondered ig that would affect his brother's relationship with him, but he doubted it. Michael wasn't that frivolous to just chuck years of being around family to deny relationships.

"Well, I guess that's tha'. Wot are we gonna tell Steff, though? Pretty sure she's goin' ta blame me fer Malcolm's new hair style." Jer honestly figured Steffi wouldn't say wnything bad, but she would lay the blame on him for being a bad influence. After all, he was the sibling that had basically stuck a lot with the streets. He also was the one that taught Kenny how to steal from people. Steffi hadn't wanted it, but it happened. Well, he was going to have to face the music sometime.

════════════════════════
                                                      Thoughts: Gyp'll be fine, really.
                                                      Taken By: Gypsy Lovette
                                                      OOC:

[x]

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Old but, I'm not that old
                                                      Young, but I'm not that bold
                                                      And I don't think the world is sold
                                                      I'm just doing what we're told
                                                      And I feel something so wrong by doing the right thing
                                                      I could lie, couldn't I, couldn't I?
                                                      Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:55 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ♥ jєrєmч lσng ♥
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Nervous
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx

spaceGypsy had begun worrying her lip when Jer spoke, tugging her lipring with her teeth. It wasn't like she was worried about the kid not having magic, it was just something that would be nice to know. She wanted to know if they needed to plan for it, that was the issue. She didn't know a damn thing about how to handle getting the boy schooled in the muggle world, in spite of her father being who he'd been. Thackery had wanted her to attend muggle school, but with her gift, combined with her tendency towards dramatics and volatile emotions, it just hadn't been possible. "I'm not worried about having to hide it or anything, we'd be honest with him about everything. I just dunno what to do with a kid that's not going to be attending... our school," she said quietly, expression obviously conflicted. "But, I figure you've got at least some clue what to do? I mean... if he's not, we would need to enroll him in a different school like... nowish. Unless you wanna homeschool." Briefly, Gypsy wondered if talking Jer into staying home with Malcolm and just not worrying about the financial stuff was a viable option. But, she wasn't sure they'd be able to find a place big enough for the three of them with just what she made from the shop, not right now, anyway. Plus, he'd never go for it. Or, she didn't think he would. He was sort of stubborn about the financial stuff. Which she got, it was just frustrating.

spaceOf course, the issue of Malcolm's schooling quickly resolved itself. Her eyes brightened considerably, in a mixture of shock and amusement, when the boy promptly pointed to his own blonde hair and turned it as pink as her own. The metamorphmagus' jaw dropped open slightly, and then she was fighting a fit of giggles. "Hmph. That was awfully deliberate," she snickered, standing finally to elbow her fiance in the ribs. "If I doubted his genetics before, I certainly don't now. Though I have to wonder where Michael got all his... Michael-ness, from." Gypsy also had to wonder if Malcolm had done something like that before. It had been a pretty calculated move, more or less. The boy wanted pink hair. He pointed to his own, and made it pink, like he wanted. That wasn't accidental magic, not really. That was the action of someone who had done something like that before. He might not know what it was or how it worked, but he'd known it worked, that was the thing.

spaceThe Ravenclaw rolled her eyes at Jer. "Yeah, I'm soooo sure Steffi's going to throw a fit over some pink hair. That's totally a thing she'd do," she snarked. "If anything, I'm the bad influence. You've been here before and he didn't do it, right? I show up and bam, suddenly pink? And Steffi likes you waaaay more than she likes me." She shrugged, not really sure how to address this issue. The child had done it himself, after all. It's not like they'd walked in the door and turned his hair pink because he'd asked. She'd contemplated doing so, of course, and if they'd been taking him home... Well, she'd probably have done it. But, she wasn't playing Mum just yet, and didn't want him in trouble because of her. Not that it mattered, since he'd taken it upon himself to do it, and had been capable of it. She chewed her lip again. "I 'unno, Jer. 'He wanted pink hair so he gave himself pink hair'? Pretty sure that's not really much our influence at all... he's wearing a dress." This last bit was hissed so that only Jer could hear. Gypsy felt awkward, talking about Malcolm as if he weren't standing right in front of her, but what else was she going to do?

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:55 pm
User ImageUser Image

I remember when my father put his fist through
                                                      The wall that
                                                      separated the dining room
                                                      Late December with my
                                                      heart in my chest and the clouds of my breath
                                                      Didn't know where we were
                                                      running to
                                                      But don't
                                                      look back

Aine had been at the orphanage for a little less than a year now and it wasn't much better than her previous home. Having such a shitty dad, made it hard to actually want a new one though at least. She did sometimes dream about having a mother though. Wouldn't it be lovely to have someone who loved her, and cared about her, and taught her how to bake and when she got older they could talk about boys together and everything else mothers were for. Yes she really did think a mother would be nice to have.

She sighed and rolled out of bed and just barely landed on her feet. She sighed and slowly pulled her pjs off and pulled some clothes on. She didn't have very any clothes to her name, so she ended up wearing the same clothes a lot. The nice lady Steffi always cleaned them whenever she really started to stink. If she thought about it, it was rather gross. But she just didn't think about it. She pulled on her oldest and comfiest t-shirt, an indiana jones one and paired it with a pair of star wars leggings. They were her favourite series and she didn't care if they matched. They matched in her mind. She finally pulled on the only shoes she owned, a pair of combat boots that Steffi had given her when she showed up at the orphanage without any shoes at all. Steffi had said they used to be hers when she was Aine's age. She yawned and grabbed her hat just in case she got cold before sliding on her only keepsakes from her actual old home. They had been her grandmother's and she loved them dearly. Her grandmother she had never known but from the old photo albums she looked through when alone, she had looked like a friendly nice person. So she kept the jewelry she had found in an old box labeled as things her grandmother had made as a kid.

They included a bracelet, and 2 rings. All knight related. She grinned at them for a few moments, and then sighed and flopped out of the room. Some of the other girls she shared a room with were skittish about changing in front of eachother, but she had no such qualms. Bodies were bodies right? She hopped down the stairs and headed to the main room. She wasn't hungry, which is why she'd slept through breakfast, as she normally did, but as she walked into the main room Steffi shoved a granola bar into her hand and with a small roll of her eyes she opened it and munched on it while looking for Dot.

Finally her grey eyes landed on him and she grinned, before skipping over to him and plopping down on the floor infront of him. He was playing a game of Solitaire. Steffi had taught how to play when he kept bugging kids to play games with him. She would always be up for a game with him, but besides her there weren't very many kids that were up for his games besides her. "ey dotty. chucker yer want ter play sweets lan' whaen yer are done wi' dat" She asked cheerfully. Most of the other kids stared at her funny because of her thick Irish accent and wouldn't play with her. That's why she liked Dot. He never got sick of her or thought she was weird. Apparently Irish kids in an English orphanage was weird. But Steffi spoke German and Norwegian, and Luke spoke Norwegian, and Jer had that weird accent she didn't know. So obviously Irish couldn't be the strangest thing in this place could it? At least she spoke English right? Well she spoke Irish too... to be fair.... but whatever.

We'll be lacing the same shoes
                                                      That we've
                                                      worn through
                                                      To the
                                                      bottom of the line
                                                      And we
                                                      know that we're headstrong
                                                      And our heart's gone

Miss GryffindorK

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:24 pm
User ImageUser Image

Δɢε Ѕιϰ Θгρнλπ Fυτυгε Hσɢшλгτs Ѕτυdεπτ

Theo had awoken early that morning, much like he usually did. He'd taken time to comb his messy black hair and get dressed, then he looked in the mirror. His specs were a bit smudgy, but maybe he could ask Miss Steffi to clean them. She was very good at that! For now, he just scrubbed at them with his blanket. After they were back on, the Greek sighed at the bigger mess he'd made. Well... Time for plan b! He tried to remain quiet as he scurried to the bathroom. He set the glasses in the sink and turned the water on, grinning at his smarts. After a few seconds, he turned the water off and shook the frames before putting them back on his nose.

After he was mostly cleaned up, the boy hurried to eat a bit of breakfast. He wasn't much for dinner, so he liked to get breakfast before all the big kids came through. They wouldn't wake for a while, though. He ate happily, making sure to get his fill. It would have to last until lunch, after all! After he'd eaten, he wandered into the main room, where he grabbed a pack of cards. After being denied by all the kids that were awake prior, he sat in the floor and set up a game of solitaire. Miss Steffi had taught him how, and he'd found a book of card games too, which taught him a few different ways to play.

While he was playing, he heard someone in boots walk over to him. He looked up, dark eyes wide. Oh! It was just Aime! Silly girl! She asked if he wanted to play sweets land with her, and he grinned widely. He loved that game! The boy darted over to grab the game box, still smiling. "You want... I can set it up, yes? I can play, αδελφή! We can play together!" He didn't mean to let his Greek spill out, but he got so excited! He wasn't all the way good at English, either, but he was trying! And it didn't matter much. After three years, he was still here, so it was unlikely he'd ever go anywhere else, despite his wanting to explore the world. Maybe Miss Steffi could take him travelling....

Wᴀɪᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴ, ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ sᴋʏ
Bʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴀs ᴀ ᴄʀᴏᴡ, ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴘᴀssᴇs ʙʏ
Tᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs sᴏ ғᴀʀ ᴀᴡᴀʏ
Iɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪɴᴅ I ᴛʜʀᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ
Sɪʟᴠᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴏʟᴅ ᴛᴜʀɴ ɪɴᴛᴏ ʟɪɢʜᴛ
I'ᴍ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴀᴅ, I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ
Eᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ғʟᴏᴡs

𝐻𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝒸𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓃𝑒𝓌 𝒹𝒶𝓎

{OoC}
Devlyn Maycry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:42 pm
User ImageUser Image

The wall that
                                                      Late December with my
                                                      running to
                                                      But don't
                                                      look back

She giggled when he grinned at her before darting to grab the game box and bring it back. She nodded her head when he asked if she wanted him to set it up. "Mhm yer can set it up dot." She said happily. Sweets Land was one of her favourite games. Mostly because it involved another world and it didn't involve any water at all. She loved different lands. She had come up with one of her own that she called
                                                      talamhdÚsachtach which in Irish essentially meant crazy land. It sounded better in Irish though. It was the most interesting world ever she thought. It didn't have any water except for the drinking water and no one swam and there weren't any sea monsters or fishes. It was a perfectly safe world. There also weren't any men there. Lots of little boys like Dotty and girls like her and even women like the mama she dreamed of. But no men. Men were mean like her da. Except for Luke and Jer of course, but they didn't really count as men. Jer had pink hair and Luke was just other Steffi.

She watched him set up the board game carefully. He was always so precise about his games. She loved it. "Can oi be de blue person? me favourite color is blue yer nu." She asked curiously. She hoped he'd say yes, but if not she would play any other piece too. She didn't really mind either way.

That we've
                                                      worn through
                                                      To the
                                                      bottom of the line
                                                      And we
                                                      And our heart's gone

Miss GryffindorK

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:38 pm
User ImageUser Image

Theo was happily laying out the game board, smiling when Aine told him to set it up. She always called him dot, and he liked that. He was always Theo, but not for her! He was her Dot! She seemed to love this game, but he never had a problem playing it over and over. Plus he liked Gramma Nutt in her peanut brittle house. He wondered if he had a gramma too. He remembered his momma, but it had been a very long time since he last saw her. He looked over at Aine, then blinked himself back to focus. She wanted to be the... the blue one? Was that the one she liked? He put together all the pieces, handing her the blue one. He got the red one for himself, smiling. "You be blue, mmm, I will play red. I like the red one. You start first?" He grinned, handing over the spinner piece. He finished setting everything up, then he looked at the other players. There were green and yellow left! "Two more? More people? Είναι τόσο μόνος" He frowned, but eventually set them back in the box, taking an extra second to make it look like the people were playing, perhaps a game of their own. He didn't want them to be sad they weren't in the game today! Theo smiled at Aine, then set his piece on the start spot. They could play now.

Eᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ғʟᴏᴡs

{OoC - "They're so lonely"}
Devlyn Maycry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:33 pm
User ImageUser Image

The wall that
                                                      Late December with my
                                                      running to
                                                      But don't
                                                      look back

Aine watched him set up the game quietly. It was nice with Theo because he didn't really seem to mind when she didn't constantly talk. If she didn't feel like playing games, he was happy to sit with her and play solitaire while she read a book or wandered off into her own mind. She did tend to wander off into her own mind though. Quite a lot actually. The girls she shared a room with mostly thought she was weird for it. They didn't really talk to her. Something about her being a dirty weird Irish girl or something. She didn't care. She liked spending time with Dot more than them anyways. He would fit perfectly in talamhdÚsachtach, the girls in her room wouldn't. They would just b***h about there being no daddies and no water. Which was stupid. Daddies and swimming were dumb things anyways. She didn't need a daddy and she definitely didn't need to swim!

She giggled when she was handed the blue piece. "Tanks Dot." She said, taking it and putting it down on the starting square, before taking the spinner. She was about to spin, when she saw his look at the last 2 colors and his sad mutter. She frowned for a moment, and grinned and took off her shield ring and put it inbetween the two characters, before adding her sword ring too. "Dare! nigh they can 'av a duel so they won't be bored while we're playin'!" She exclaimed, grinning at Dot, before spinning the spinner and hopping her character forward 3 blocks.

That we've
                                                      worn through
                                                      To the
                                                      bottom of the line
                                                      And we
                                                      And our heart's gone

Miss GryffindorK

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:10 pm
User ImageUser Image

Theodotus watched the scene, his eyes narrowed as he focused on the pieces. He wanted it to look just perfect for his best friend. It had to be pretty, like her! She laughed when he gave her the blue piece, then she set it down. At his mention of the others being sad, Aine gave them a sword and shield. They were playing now too! He laughed, smiling brightly at his friend. "You made them 'appy! Oh good for us! Now we can spin and play! And maybe win!" He didn't care who won the game, exactly, as long as they had fun. Oooh, maybe next they could play Uno. He liked that one! Or maybe Mousetrap. It was fun to build the little machines to catch the sneaky mousies! He grinned at Aine, Then he spun and moved four, to the closest purple one. Purple was a fun word, he liked to think.

Eᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ғʟᴏᴡs

{OoC}
Devlyn Maycry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:36 pm
User ImageUser Image

The wall that
                                                      Late December with my
                                                      running to
                                                      But don't
                                                      look back

Aine grinned and nodded when he said she had made them happy. No one wanted to the be people not chosen to play with. She knew that feeling all to well. But now the green and yellow people could play with each other because they had a sword and shield! Maybe she would write a story about the green and yellow person. Dot would love that! He liked all the stories she had told him so far. She watched him move forward 4 steps and clapped her hands. "'oorah you're winnin' dot!" She exclaimed, before spinning for herself. She got pink and bounced her character forward 4 spots to the next pink. Even though she was a girl, she didn't like pink much.

Pink was too close to purple and purple she hated. Purple was the color her daddy had made her skin turn, and she didn't like anything that reminded her of her daddy. That's why she hated water too. Once he was giving her a bath and she accidentally splashed him and got his pants wet, so he held her under the water until she was sure she was going to drown, but then he let her up just before she did actually breathe in the icky bath water. Now a days, Steffi had a terrible time trying to get her to bathe. It usually had to be both Steffi and Luke doing it because she screamed and fought so much. Apparently baths were necessary though. She didn't believe that though.

"'ey dot... chucker yer tink anyone 'ill ever c** ter adopt us?" She suddenly asked. She didn't know why she was thinking about that. Its not like she particularly wanted to be adopted. She definitely didn't want a new daddy. Daddy's were bad. But she still dreamed of having a mum. She loved Steffi and Steffi loved all the orphans, but it wasn't the same. Steffi wasn't their mum. She was more like an older sister if anything. And Aine really wanted a mum. "Its not loike oi allerge it 'ere or anythin'... but 'avin' a mom wud be nice." She finished, staring at the sword and shield rings laying between the yellow and green people. Her grandma had seemed nice from the photos. Maybe if a mom came to adopt them, she would be just as nice as her grandma had seemed from the photos! And if a mom came to get her well then she'd have a new grandma too. One she could actually meet!

That we've
                                                      worn through
                                                      To the
                                                      bottom of the line
                                                      And we
                                                      And our heart's gone

Miss GryffindorK

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:08 pm
User ImageUser Image

Theo looked at the game, wrinkling his nose in concentration. Aine said he was winning, and he grinned. After a spin, the girl hopped ahead, leaving the boy laughing. "You winnin' now! Yay Ainey!" He clapped for the girl, his smile unwavering. He tapped the spinner, making a face as he scooted up one to a nice blue spot. Aine was still winning! He was happily planning out moves to eventually win. He was very good at games, but this one made the field level. It was all up to the spinner, and players didn't have much say. He'd try to win at some point. He liked playing, but that only got so far. Sometimes he lost, and that always made him want to play games he could win. He didn't know if it was mean or not.... but it felt nice inside!

After a few seconds of relaxed quiet, Aine asked if he thought they'd ever be adopted. He stopped fidgeting and looked at her, dark eyes wide. "You be adopted. You are very nice to me. To Dot! You play games and tell stories. I think you will have a nice home." He nodded, clicking his tongue quietly. After she said she liked it here, but she wanted a mom. He frowned a bit, thinking back to his own mom. He missed her very much. He looked at his friend, tears now in his eyes. He still didn't know why his momma had forgotten him here, or why she never came back. he sniffled his nose and whispered, "Μου λείπει η μητέρα μου" It was the same phrase he'd alternated between screaming at people and murmuring quietly at night when he had first arrived. Now he knew a bit of English, but it always felt more comforting when he could say it like his mom. "I want... I want it your turn." He curled his feet under his body as he sat, then gently pushed the spinner at the girl. He wasn't trying to be mean, but he hoped she would be distracted by the game before he was reminded further of the woman he barely remembered.
Eᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ғʟᴏᴡs

{OoC}
{"Μου λείπει η μητέρα μου" - I miss my mother}
Devlyn Maycry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:04 pm
User ImageUser Image

The wall that
                                                      Late December with my
                                                      running to
                                                      But don't
                                                      look back

Aine frowned when she realized she'd upset her best friend. She hadn't meant to. She forgot that the orphanage wasn't everyone's saving grace. She quietly took the spinner back, staring at the floor silently. No she couldn't cry. That was what little kids did. She was a big girl. Big girl's didn't cry! But now she was scared that she was going to lose her best friend because of a stupid question. She chewed on her lip and flicked the spinner halfheartedly, before moving her character 1 move forward to the next green spot.

Maybe she could cheat somehow so that she was sure Dot would win. That would make him happy again right? She chewed on her lip and pushed the spinner back over to him. She always messed everything up. That's what her daddy had always told her. He told her she messed everything up. He told her she was the reason that mama had left and the reason that he was angry all the time. He blamed her for pretty much everything and then he'd hit her for it, or shove her face under the water, or splash boiling water on her, or anything else he could think of to punish her. Then he'd drink the gross adult drinks and get worse. She only knew they were gross cuz he had made her drink with him once or twice.

That we've
                                                      worn through
                                                      To the
                                                      bottom of the line
                                                      And we
                                                      And our heart's gone

Miss GryffindorK

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:26 pm
]
User ImageUser Image

Theo looked over at his friend, noticing she seemed quiet now. Had he made her sad? Oh dear! Girls were not to be made sad! She gently scooted her piece up, then handed over the spinner. Hm. He looked at it, then back to her. Maybe he could play slowly to allow her to win. That might help her feel better! She looked very sad, and he didn't like that. He scooted forward carefully, not wanting to disrupt their game. He wrapped his arms around the girl's shoulders, hugging her as best he could. He didn't want to squish her!

After he was done hugging, he sat back on his feet and gave out a small grin. He did not want to be sad for her. She needed a happy friend! "You happy now. We hug, so you happy!" He grinned bigger, perfectly convinced he'd improved her mood tenfold. He flicked the spinner, advancing two purple spots and sitting just ahead of Aine. "I take win again! You go now." He handed her the spinner, any thoughts of his mom tucked away... for now.

Eᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ғʟᴏᴡs

{OoC}
{To Translate}
Devlyn Maycry

Private Homes