Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Quotes: do you have a favorite one? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have a fave quote?
  Yes
  no
  Poll whore
  don't know
View Results

[ M a d ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:23 pm
"It's like hell in a box...without the box." -KC McBride

whee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:26 pm
"No one can make you feel inferior, without your consent"- Eleanor Roosevelt. heart

Tolero Insomnia

Sekhmet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:28 pm
happieness is like peein gyour pants.. everyone can see it but only you can feel its warmth  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:11 pm
Worship the potato? The idea seemed silly to me. But then I thought, what else is more deserving of worship? It's simple, it comes from the earth, and it can kill you if you disobey it. --Jack Handey

Why is it that we will laugh at a man in a clown outfit, but we won't laugh at a man just walking down the street carrying a clown outfit in one of those plastic dry-cleaner bags? --Jack Handey

When you go for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges. --Jack Handey

When Rick told me he was having trouble with his wife, I had to laugh. Not because of what he said, but because of a joke I thought of. I told him the joke, but he didn't laugh very much. Some friend HE is. --Jack Handey

We tend to scoff at the beliefs of the ancients. But we can't scoff at them personally, to their faces, and this is what annoys me. --Jack Handey

The tired and thirsty prospector threw himself down at the edge of the watering hole and started to drink. But then he looked around and saw skulls and bones everywhere. 'Uh-oh,' he thought. 'This watering hole is reserved for skeletons.' --Jack Handey

Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don't know what your rights are, or who the person is you're talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door. --Jack Handey

Sometimes I think the so-called experts actually ARE experts. --Jack Handey

Instead of having 'answers' on a math test, they should just call them 'impressions,' and if you got a different 'impression,' so what, can't we all be brothers? --Jack Handey

If you're a horse, and someone gets on you, and falls off, and then gets right back on you, I think you should buck him off right away. --Jack Handey

If God dwells inside us, like some people say, I sure hope He likes enchiladas, because that's what He's getting! --Jack Handey

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed psychiatrist is our 'friend.' --Jack Handey

I think a good gift for the president would be a chocolate revolver. And since he's so busy, you'd probably have to run up to him and hand it to him. --Jack Handey

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it. --Jack Handey

I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex. --Jack Handey

Broken promises don't upset me. I just think, why did they believe me? --Jack Handey

A man doesn't automatically get my respect. He has to get down in the dirt and beg for it. --Jack Handey

Dande_Lion

bardlover

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:18 pm
"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers!" Henry V Act IV iii 60  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:48 am
Novatierrie
To summarize: it is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it. To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem

To the above -- I like Douglas Adams OKAY? *could have quoted much more, and hasn't even TOUCHED Good Omens yet. :B*
Ooh, I really like that quote. It's totally how I feel about politics. xp

Here're a few of my favorite quotes

"I like an escalator, man. 'Cause an escalator can never break. It can only become stairs." -Mitch Hedberg

"I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just gonna ask where they're going and hook up with them later." -Mitch Hedberg

"We quickly forget the lessons we've learned and then we have to learn them all over again." Cowboy Bebop  

Mlemlo

Mistress_Aela

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:46 am
A remarkably simple truth...or a remarkably simple lie can put such peace in a man.
-- Fugitive Pieces by Anne Michaels  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:35 am
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." (commonly attributed to Voltaire)

"You can't help getting older, but you don't have to get old."
--George Burns

"Siddown, shut up and drink your G-D D-MNED TEA!"
--Cid Highwind, (Final Fantasy 7)

"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it."
--Groucho Marx

"Never fear shadows... that always means there is a light shining somewhere."
--Jonathan Santos

"You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice/If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice/You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill/I will choose a different path, I will choose Free Will."
--chorus from 'Free Will' by Rush  

Iyori Kitsune

[~Lady Farowin~]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:08 pm
If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace. -- John Lennon  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:07 pm
"it is not having been inside the dark house, but having left it that matters."

Teddy Roosevelt  

chessiejo

Le Pere Duchesne

Beloved Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Worship the potato? The idea seemed silly to me. But then I thought, what else is more deserving of worship? It's simple, it comes from the earth, and it can kill you if you disobey it. --Jack Handey

heh, that rules!

This is the greatest handgun ever made. The Colt Single Action Army.. Six bullets... more than enough to kill anything that moves
mgs

"I will triumph over the Patriots... and liberate us all! And we will become the Sons of Liberty!"

"The cardboard box you have is an ideal for fooling your enemies. It is a very important tool for infiltration missions."
"Really?"
"Of course. I can't begin to count the number of agents whose lives were saved by a cardboard box..."
"You mean everyone's using them?"
"Look. I'm not exaggerating when I say the success of your mission- hinges on how you use that cardboard box..."
"..."
"But in the end, a cardboard box is only made of paper. Handle it with care or it won't be of much use to you. Y'know...I've lost a couple thanks to you..."
"What?"
"Nothing...forget it. Treat your box with care. Take care of the box and it'll take care of you. Don't think of it as just another box. Treat it with love...don't be rough. Okay?"

I hear it's amazing when the purple stuffed worm in flapjaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari-Kari rock. I need scissors! 61!

previous from MGS2

Sigint: A cardboard box? Why are you...?

Snake: I dunno. I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Sigint: Destiny...?

Snake: Yeah. And then when I put it on, I suddenly got this feeling of inner peace. I can't put it into words. I feel... safe. Like this is where I was meant to be. Like I'd found the key to true happiness.

mgs3

Yeah, it's St. Patty's Day, everyone's Irish tonight.

We're sorta like 7-Eleven, we're not always doing business, but we're always open.

Television. Television is the explanation for this. You see this in bad television. The little assault guys creeping through the vents, coming in through the ceiling. That James Bond s**t never happens in real life. Professionals don't do this.

And Shepherds we shall be, for Thee my lord for Thee.
Power hath decended forth from Thy hand,
that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee,
and teeming with souls shall it ever be,
In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus ******** the ********' ******** the ******** this ******** did you two ********' ********.. ********, the Two Irish guys wouldn't, the Italian guy might. He's kind of an idiot.

Me! I'm the guy! I know everyone! I know their habits, who they hang out with! I got phone numbers, addresses! I know who they're ********, I know where they live! We could kill EVERYONE.
all previous from: boondock saints  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:24 pm
~There is nothing wrong with going to bed with someone of your own sex. People should be very free with sex, they should draw the line at goats. ~Elton John

~Tourist, Rincewind decided, meant "idiot".
~Terry Pratchett, The Colour of Magic

~- "Remember -- that which does not kill us can only make us stronger."
- "And that which does kill us leaves us dead!"
~Terry Pratchett, Carpe Jugulum

Terry Pratchett is my favorite! 3nodding  

RenishaS

ViperVenomous

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:46 pm
"Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me." He added, after a pause, looking me full in the face: "That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave"
Genereal Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:52 pm
I have alot. Here are some:
It's nonverble-
I need the thing that happens when your brain shuts off and your heart turns on. - Prozac Nation Elizabeth Wurzel

And you must keep your soul like a secter in your thraot- The vimpars will never hurt you- My chemical romance

" It's amazing, when people come up to me on the streets and tell me i've inspired them, I love it. I just want to give them a cookie... or weed."- Bert (Lead singer of The Used)

If you wanna ******** with the egals you gotta learn to fly-Heathers

Lick it up baby lick it up-also Heathers

Bros before hos-Heavy Metal and You by Christopher Krovatin

Those are some.  

bunnymee

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:07 pm
Dande_Lion

Why is it that we will laugh at a man in a clown outfit, but we won't laugh at a man just walking down the street carrying a clown outfit in one of those plastic dry-cleaner bags? --Jack Handey

When you go for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges. --Jack Handey

When Rick told me he was having trouble with his wife, I had to laugh. Not because of what he said, but because of a joke I thought of. I told him the joke, but he didn't laugh very much. Some friend HE is. --Jack Handey

We tend to scoff at the beliefs of the ancients. But we can't scoff at them personally, to their faces, and this is what annoys me. --Jack Handey

The tired and thirsty prospector threw himself down at the edge of the watering hole and started to drink. But then he looked around and saw skulls and bones everywhere. 'Uh-oh,' he thought. 'This watering hole is reserved for skeletons.' --Jack Handey

Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don't know what your rights are, or who the person is you're talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door. --Jack Handey

Sometimes I think the so-called experts actually ARE experts. --Jack Handey

Instead of having 'answers' on a math test, they should just call them 'impressions,' and if you got a different 'impression,' so what, can't we all be brothers? --Jack Handey

If you're a horse, and someone gets on you, and falls off, and then gets right back on you, I think you should buck him off right away. --Jack Handey

If God dwells inside us, like some people say, I sure hope He likes enchiladas, because that's what He's getting! --Jack Handey

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed psychiatrist is our 'friend.' --Jack Handey

I think a good gift for the president would be a chocolate revolver. And since he's so busy, you'd probably have to run up to him and hand it to him. --Jack Handey

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it. --Jack Handey

I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex. --Jack Handey

Broken promises don't upset me. I just think, why did they believe me? --Jack Handey

A man doesn't automatically get my respect. He has to get down in the dirt and beg for it. --Jack Handey

Oh how I love Jack Handey... heart

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces