Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply Threadfall
[IC]Threadfall: High Reaches - OVER! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 136 137 138 139 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:51 pm
HURRICANE WING
H'win of Blue Suuth
( first wave )
HP: 28
Status Effect: n/a
XP: 0
Target Accuracy: 6
Flame Length: 6
General Stamina: 6
General Agility: 6 + 1 = 7
Between Accuracy: 6 + 1 = 7
Pain Resilience: 6
Instinct: 6 + 2 = 8
Luck: 6 + 1 = 7

H'win sat silently on his dragon's back, his cold hands pressed against Suuth's deep blue hide. He was not numb. He was too well trained for that. But he was as close to it as he could be without failing to do his job. Still, it didn't show. If there was one thing he feared more than death, it was looking like an idiot.

His eyes narrowed sharply at Asuracath's furious enthusiasm, but he didn't even glance the white's way. He tugged at his gloves with a bit more fervor than he needed to, then sat straight and unmoving, his eyes focused forward.

If they could hurry up and get to the dying already, that would be just great.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:44 pm
Queen’s Wing
Ephia of gold Ariath
HP: 45

Status Effect:
XP: (+6 to all stats to begin, +5 to distribute)
General Stamina: 7
General Agility: 8
Between Accuracy: 6
Instinct: 8
Luck: 6

Hands ran over well oiled and supple leather straps. Each one had been carefully gone over several times for any sign of weakness. Any hint that something was wrong had resulted in the strapping being repaired or replaced depending on the damage. Now, the brown leather strapping hugged Ariath's golden neck snuggly promising that the dark-hair weyrwoman would find herself as a safe as a ride as possible. Still, she couldn't help doing one last checkover to make sure all was truely in tip-top shape.

All is well, rider mine. You went over the leather more times than I can count. And, before you ask, it's not too tight. The golden queen eyed her rider who sighed and ran a hand along the dragons thick neck up to an eyeridge where fingers dug into scratch. A content croon of approval eminated from the queen. Have you checked your flamethrower?
The machine in question sat upon Ephia's back.

"Of course I did. Unfortunately, you know how fickle these things can be." Ephia smiled fondly at her dragon. "Hopefully it will be well behaved for me like last time." She remarked. "Besides, at this point, if anything is wrong with it I won't be able to do much about it. Time will tell though."

Green eyes flitted over the large collection of dragons and riders. Everyone was preparing for the first wave and awaiting the orders to take to the air. Soon the sky would be full of fire-breathing dragons and the glittering, silver stands of thread they sought to destroy.

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:14 am
HURRICANE WING
Ashlyn of Blue Gyafrith
HP: 26
Status Effect: N/A for now
XP: (base= +6 to all stats) (+5 to distribute where I wish)
Target Accuracy: 7
Flame Length: 7
General Agility: 7
Between Accuracy: 7
Instinct: 7

Ashlyn and Gyafrith will be flying first wave

Ashlyn had decided that she and Gyafrith would fly the first wave with the rest of their Wing. Then once their shift was over, they would switch into Assistant Weyrlingmaster mode to watch out for the Jr. Weyrlings and help the Sr. Weyrlings when it was needed. She worked on adjusting Gyafrith's straps, as normal, nerves driving her movements today. The only reason she was not with the Weyrlings for the whole threadfall was because she trusted the other assistants and V'mel that they would have it covered until she could get over there. The first threadfall for the Weyrlings had been a hard one, her own sister getting hurt during it. Luckily, the healers had given the duo clearance to fly with the Ashlings today for this. It didn't stop her from worrying about her sister and her green, but she had to hope the Ashlings would be better off today. Of course, she also was worried about her twin, younger brother, parents, and mate as well.

D'mon said it would be a tough today, but they all know what they are doing, AshlynMine. Demanthra and Monath are both okay and they had a taste a week ago. You have to believe everything will be alright,Gyafrith thought comfortingly to his rider. Once she was done with his straps, he bent down to gently nuzzle her cheek, sending reassuring emotions through their link. He felt her lovingly stroke his face, then he heard the familiar commotion of the white dragon of their Wing.

Someone is very eager to go, isn't she? She does know she would be down with the Queen's Wing with our's being in the higher altitude, right?she thought to her dragon. That was something else that worried her, they had the higher altitude right from the start. She was glad they didn't have to stay up the whole time, her twin and father the only ones of their family who had to. She sent a salute to their Wingleader and polite nods to the rest of their group.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:42 am
ASHLINGS WING
Demanthra of Green Monath
HP: 14
Status Effect: N/A for now
XP: (base= +1 to all stats) (+5 to distribute where I wish)
Target Accuracy: 2
Flame Length: 1
General Stamina: 3
General Agility: 2
Between Accuracy: 2
Pain Resilience: 1
Instinct: 1
Luck: 1

Demanthra and Monath will be flying first wave

Demanthra was still sore from the threadscore that she had received about a sevenday ago, but she had been told by the healers they could join their Wing for today. She had thought of waiting for the second wave, but Monath was raring to go already. Because of the small score on the top of the green's wing she had received, she had been made to be careful for the time between their blooding and now. So the Sr. Weyrling agreed with her green that they would fly in the first wave, so she could get to fly once more. She hoped her family would all be alright up there today, her friends as well. She worked on checking her riding gear as they waited, as well as Monath's straps. She could feel her dragon reaching out to her siblings, sending them waves of affection and encouragement. That included those that would be below them with the Queen's Wing and those that were temporarily grounded.

Making sure everyone is covered, hmmm?she asked gently, a croon of pride coming from the green.

Of course, they need to have support after our first threadfall. And Mine, please stay safe yourself, okay?Monath thought, her eyes flashing a gentle yellow, then back to green. Demanthra nodded her head, stroking her beloved dragon's head as she bent down to nuzzle her.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:13 am
Trespassers Wing
[L'rel of Green Devith
HP:26
Status Effect: N/A
XP:
Instinct: 7

L'rel and Devith will be flying first wave.

Devith was fretting as usual, But L'rel was used to that, however even the stoic young man had to admit that this thread fall looked to be a bad one. Involuntarily he kept glancing up though he knew they were not going to see the approach of thread from the weyr itself.

Those poor weyrlings, barley blooded and they have to go up again, thread is getting more frequent, we might start loosing more now. And some of the riders and other dragons are already scared, we can't protect everyone. What if I can't move fast enough and even you are hurt my dear one?
Frett, frett , worry worry.

L'rel finished taking the last of his notes on the weyrleaders speech and tucked the note book and pen back into his riding gear.
Devith, calm down. L'rel started simply. We have trained for this, in fact we have done little except train for this. So have the other riders. With the winds like they are, people are going to take a few scores, but our healers are the best on pern beside I have full faith in you.

Devith looked at her rider, eyes laced with purple for his attempt at reassurance, even though it only helped a little. She nosed him and then extended her leg so she could help him vault up onto her back where he began securing himself with the straps.

But what about the wind L'rel and we are starting off in the top tier everyone below will be counting on us and those poor dear weyrlings. We can't let them suffer like last time.

L'rel just sighed

They would be in the air soon, and then Devith would have to focus.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:11 am
Tsunami Wing
Herg'r of Bronze Hyglath
HP: 44
XP: (+6 base; +5 to distribute)
General Stamina:  8
General Agility: 6
Pain Resilience: 7
Instinct: 6
Luck: 7

"With wind like they're saying, you'll look a proper wingrider soon enough, just like our Ashlings!" he laughed.  While it was unfortunate that one of Uridith's brood had perished, they'd died a good, honorable death doing what they were meant to, an end Herg'r aspired to meet himself one day.  Maybe this Fall, maybe the next, maybe a turn or ten or twenty from now; it was all fine by him, as long as he went out fighting.  He saw nothing grim about it, nothing especially tragic about the loss of the weyrling beyond that it was one less pair in the fight.  But they were on to greater things, or so he liked to think.

I have no doubts you will make a good accounting for yourself, as we all will!  Although if you fall, I pity the Queen who has to catch you, he added with a rumble of good humor.  Cordrath was even larger than he!

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:04 am
TSUNAMI WING
M'nr of Bronze Cordrath
HP: 46
Status Effect: --
XP: (+2 to base) (+5 to distribute as I see fit)
Target Accuracy: +2
Flame Length: +2
General Stamina: +3
General Agility: +2
Between Accuracy: +2
Pain Resilience: +4
Instinct: +4
Luck: +2

"I'd dare to say I may wear the look a bit better," M'nr challenged, though in all good humor. After all - most of the Ashlings looked to be but children, and there was something disheartening about seeing mere babes looking like she'd gotten into a knife fight and lost. Certainly, one of them didn't seem quite so young, but he'd been told otherwise.....

Then I will have to due extra diligence to be certain no Queen has to catch me! Cordrath was all humor about the idea, but there was also a serious lining to the comment. No, he wasn't making any plans to go down. Though plans meant nothing against a force of nature.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:58 am
BURNING ACES WING
W'tarl of Green Altoth
HP: 20
XP: (+6 to base) (+5 to distribute as I see fit)
Target Accuracy: +6
Flame Length: +6
General Stamina: +6
General Agility: +9
Between Accuracy: +8
Pain Resilience: +6
Instinct: +6
Luck: +6

Will be flying second wave

For those who flew with him, the sight of W'tarl gingerly calming his green was not a sight unseen. Altoth was all yellow and white eyes, belly nearly to the ground as the large man smoothed a rough hand over her delicate head and murmured reassurances to her. Oh, there were so many ruffled nerves here!! How could anybody stand it!

We've done this before, little love. W'tarl reminded as Altoth keened nervously to him. It was no secret from the rest of the wing that she would require a little get-up-and-go. Which was why W'tarl had chosen to fly in the second wave almost always. Going into the unknown was absolutely not possible for Altoth, after all.

Certainly it should have seemed like a more stressful arrangement to bring her in halfway - but it was easier to soothe her with promises that they knew exactly what they were going into.

Oh, but can't we just...help the candidates? Altoth begged, turning her attention towards the scrambling form of young ones bustling about chores. Though she knew in her hearts that it was not actually possible. Still, she let out a little hopeful warble.

No, dear. We will fly when it is our time, and then you can come back and we'll let the candidates dote on you a little bit, hmm? It seemed like a nice compromise...

but Altoth still wasn't sure about any of this.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:11 am
Candidate Fahn

If given half a chance, Fahn always took her chores to the kitchen with her - there was absolutely no reason for the girl to not play to her strengths, after all. A perfectly capable cook, she'd still taken a few minutes to get a little sunshine on her face and go to see her cousin off.

"Anandi!" Fahn called to the woman as she crossed the bowl towards the familiar blue, all but flinging herself onto her for a hug.

"I'm getting ready to head down to the kitchens and help with cooking. You holding up alright?"

Lucifer Force

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:23 am
Trespassers Wing
B'ram of Blue Nachith
General Stamina:  6
Luck: 8

Will fly in the first wave!

B'ram was glad for the small mercy of bing in the first wave, even if in this case it also meant starting out at high altitude. That did have him on edge, although it was a far sight better than being stuck on the ground for two hours, waiting for and dreading their turn. Better to get it over with now, rather than obsess over it and make himself sick. Not that he didn't have an ample amount of time to do that anyway. He did his best to steady his hands as he checked over Nachith's straps again, using the task as a point of focus to distract him from his rising anxiety. Two turns of this and he was no better at coping with it than he had been at the start.

His blue, on the other hand, was capable of staying calm for the both of them, and took a moment to curl around him in quiet support. His eyes were mostly green, woth only a hint of yellow bleeding through with his rider's worries. For his part, Nachith was delighted to be a part of the first wave, as it put him alongside no few beautiful, excellent greens. He raised his head to croon affectionately at his female wingmates, whatever wave they found themselves in.

Phaedrath, you are the picture of perfection this morning! Have I mentioned before how well your straps fit you?

Tarmath!
Ah, how striking the red in her eyes, how that rumble caused his hearts to pump faster! How your fury suits you! Our enemy stands no chance in the face of it.

Sweet Devith, it soothes my mind to know that I will share the sky with you for this fight. None of us could ask for a better comrade, and I promise to be beside you in this task.

demon_pachabel

Hattaki

Sinders Path

Meepfur
Crew

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:11 am
TRESPASSERS WING
Alythrae of Green Tarmath
XP: (+5 to distribute out)
General Stamina: 8
Pain Resilience: 8

Alythrae and Tarmath will be flying the First Wave

Though she was starting to get a little nervous, Alythrae was still in a good mood for the most part, it was just the anxiety and edginess that always came with the moments before a flight. Luckily for her Tarmath was mellow on the ground but a monster in the air, always angry and willing to stay long past when she should have landed. It sometimes was even a bit hard to drag her stubborn self from the battle and today was proving that it would be much the same situation as her dragon stretched and bunched beneath her.

Turning to cast a red eyed look towards her wingmate, the big green tilted her head a bit and listened to his words, her rumbling never truly stopping as she regarded him. Nachith, today is personal. But we'll burn those spores from the sky as a team and defend Pern together. Raspy voice still rumbling a bit, she tried to keep it level so that he would take no offense from it, as the rumble was not meant for him. However she was certain the blue wouldn't and took that moment to look over the other members of her wing with interest, wanting to catch sight of all their places so she could mark them in her mind for the formation. So she knew where they were to protect them. A hand rested on her neck as her rider appeared to do the same and Aly winked to both B'ram and L'rel as they finished their preparations.

"Let's be safe boys." Aly's words were short to hide her own anxieties, but she was always there for the members of her wing, though most were younger and made her remember her own children.

Meepfur

Sinders Path

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:17 am
TRESPASSERS WING
Ahlalei of Brown Kalikath
HP: 41
Status Effect: None
XP:
Target Accuracy: +6
Flame Length: +7
General Stamina: +6
General Agility: +7
Between Accuracy: +6
Pain Resilience: +7
Instinct: +7
Luck: +7

It will be fine, Ahlaleimine. We will burn this menace from the sky before it ever reaches the ground. Kalikath could feel Ahlalei’s anxiety. If there was one thing that scared the arrogant woman it was Thread.

“That isn’t what I am worried about.” She retorted as she checked the last strap. I don’t want you to die. She couldn’t bring herself to say it out loud.

We will not die.

Ahlalei looked over at the rest of her Wing. She could only hope that held true for all of them. They were flying at the top first and she would need to concentrate. Sighing Ahlalei packaged up her worry and put it aside. Worry had no use here. Only determination and alertness.  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:42 am
Tornado Wing
K'ladan of Bronze Razasith
General Stamina: 9

Despite the usual chatty nature of the bronze rider, K'ladan was a picture of determination and focus as he set about checking the straps against Razasith's hide. The bronze himself was silent but for the small murmurs of encouragement meant to break apart his rider's stony demeanor while the man worked. In their younger years they might have considered this a jest, just another drill to master, but after the sudden return and shocking reality of what it truly meant, even their youthful fervor had been dampened by focus. As the Weyrleader spoke, he retained his silent focus and listened while he prepared.

For all their training and knowledge, threadfall could still be incredibly unpredictable. With the winds blowing hard today, the smarmy bronze rider knew that fact would be even more true.

Do not let your thoughts consume you today, K'ladanmine.

A dark, heavy hand settled against his bronze's shoulder as he let himself be roused from his thoughts. The pair of them (carefully) shifted so that they could be closer to their wing even if they remained in silence so that they might heed the words of their leader. It was a stark contrast to K'ladan's usually upbeat, playful nature but he was growing into a man that understood the difference between duty and pleasure - today he was living up to the legacy he had dreamed of since he was a child and, too, protecting those he cared for.

The bronze leaned down to nudge his rider gently (as such a large creature could), making him stumble just so and crack a smile despite himself. As his face split into a grin, he cast his whiskey eyes up to meet those that stared back at him, finding them awhirl with color and affection.

I have all the faith in you, Razasith, he answered finally, patting his bronze's shoulder as much to encourage the grand beast as he was himself. Then his eyes turned forward to V'kenti and he let the world drown out as the words of his wingleader washed over him. He could have been worried for his family, for his friends in their own wings, but knew that it was pointless. Concerning himself overmuch with someone else's well being would distract him from their purpose - today it was about the battle, the dragon beneath him, and the brothers and sisters in this together.

"No questions here," K'ladan responded automatically as he crossed his arms and leaned back into Razasith's bulk. The waiting was always the worst for him.

(Nothing really important for anyone here, just quoting into the group <3 )
demon_pachabel

SilverLutz

BastetAmun

Sinders Path

Nilah44

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:45 am
Tornado Wing
Sa’do of bronze Rynsaith
HP: 45hp
XP: +6hp
Target Accuracy: 8
General Stamina: 7

It had arrived, as the winghalls were all a buzz as the riders and their dragons were all trying to prepare for the first downfall of the thread. The energy thrummed through Sa’do as he weaved his way through mass of scurrying others to get Rynsaith ready for flight. They would be on low altitude to start which meant they would need to save their energy for the when their shifted to higher heights.

Ready? Nervous sunk to the bottom of the bronzerider’s gut as he ran his fingers along his dragon’s neck.

Even the oversized bronze gave a look of concerned mixed with nervousness of his own. Three turns they had spent training for this and yet it almost didn’t feel like enough for the upcoming battle.

We will be back, there's no reason to scare him. Really it only made him more nervous and right now it wasn’t going to do any good for either of them if they were nervous, they had to keep their cool if they were going to get back in one piece.

Anyways we need to get going, we don’t want to be the last to show up now do we?  

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:00 am
Tsunami Wing
Herg'r of Bronze Hyglath
General Stamina:  8
Luck: 7

"Some of them are just little scraps of things, aren't they?" Herg'r agreed with a hearty chuckle. "Definitely some growing left to do in that lot!" Not for all of them, but a fair few! They'd grow into their upcoming roles sooner or later, though, provided they survived long enough to do so. Maybe they'd even get a few in Tsunami! Wouldn't that be fun? (And a good excuse for a party!)

I'm sure they'll appreciate such courtesy! But it would be a change for you, wouldn't it? Caught by a Queen instead of doing the catching! Hyglath had heard the beach-hatched clutch had been quite the success, and was deeply disappointed he'd not been able to attend...but someone had had to stay at the Weyr while everyone else had fun!

demon_pachabel

Threadfall

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 136 137 138 139 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces