Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
The Spooky Clutch Touching: Trick or Treat! Open! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:05 pm
Demon wanted him to stay? Well! Then he would. Marinel wondered what secrets it meant. Hm... Maybe it wanted a story? "I don't know what you like yet," he said. "But I can tell you about how I found my brother again, if you like."

And so, the story began. He talked about how he'd run away from home, about the traders who'd found him and welcomed him into their caravan, about leaving them and apprenticing to a woodcrafter. "Then, I came here. I found Dolly one day. We didn't recognize each other. That seems silly, I bet. He looks a lot different now than he did when I lost him though. What else do you want to know?"  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:06 pm
Lennik

Yes, Lennik decided he was rather fond of this egg and the dragon within it, allowing himself to linger a moment longer before he pulled himself away. They'd been told to not linger and frankly, all it took was one egg soaking up all of the limelight for things to.....well, Lennik was at least going to pretend he was paying attention to the rules.

It was easy to make his next choice, as the Angel had a neighbor in The Frankenstein Egg. It had, somewhat, been a choice of convenience, but Lennik still tried to open up what kindness he had (though he wondered if it was bountiful compared to some who were there...) to offer up to the brightly colored egg. Have you had many visitors, friend?

--

Martirae

And as Martirae didn't like her time wasted, it seemed neither did The Mummy. If it didn't want her time, she wouldn't waste her breath on it. That was how she handled all of this.

So she moved on. She glanced a hand over The Djinn and even The Demon got a brief moment of contact, but there was no real lingering left there. It wasn't that she wasn't interested, simply that it was a little crowded. So she moved on. Martirae took it upon herself to visit The Wraith Egg. Her hand lingered against it's shell longer than the previous two she'd given at least a small glimpse into her on the way over. Have you had many visitors or do you prefer quality over quantity?  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:07 pm
Squatted down beside the egg as she was, it wasn't far for Amra to fall to her knees and fall she did. The screaming wail, the crushing pain of loneliness and mourning, that keen that rang in her ears; the day she'd tried to slip out and run away came back to her in a bloody image. Just one, image of an arm bloody and scarred by Thread wove it's way into her mind. The wail of a dragon before it popped between, followed by a similar keen from more dragons than even she could count filled her skull.

Her hand stayed steady on the Banshee, refusing to rock it or move it, lest she draw even more unwanted attention to herself. Fingers stroked it softly though, an attempt to calm the egg's keening wail.

"I promse, for every death there is another life. Not everything ends, not always." Amra knew this absolutely, had felt it deep down in her bones as she had grown up not knowing her own father, barely knowing anyone fully other than her mother. "You're going to see death someday, but it is never the end and your partner will help."

Standing slowly on shaking legs, her head held in her right hand as if to clear it, Amra cast about to make sure she hadn't overstayed at one egg. It would be bad form to be thrown off by an egg and then pulled. Another egg, yes, she'd have to go and find another one, even if she wanted to stay and try and calm the little blue one.

Her hand reached out to steady her when she wobbled and found the smooth shell of The Gargoyle by complete mistake. Luckily she hadn't put any weight to the hand once she'd realized her error, but her hand was still there. Gray eyes looking down she put both hands on the egg.

"My apologies! Your sibling threw me for quite the loop just now. Steady as a rock you are though, thank you for the unintentional help." Amra cursed her luck for nearly falling over. How would she feel if she hurt an egg!?

Calm, calm. Stay good and calm!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:11 pm
Miach (HR)

Miach's heart fell at the response from the egg. Her hands trembled more once again, but she gently rubbed the egg anyways as if apologizing for having offended it. Miach rose on slightly shaky legs and her eyes darted to the Hunter Egg once more. The egg had kindly shared it's courage with her and she couldn't waste it. Pushing on to the next egg, Miach approached the Vampire Egg with nerves but semi-determination. She had to keep in mind that not all these eggs would have a positive response to her and maybe it was because she wasn't their's. Or maybe they got off on the wrong foot. Miach tried not to take it personally as she hesitated before touching her hands to the Vampire egg. "H-h. . . hi." Miach said with less confidence than she had before touching the Mummy egg. "You certainly have a draw to you." She added with nerves. She couldn't help but hesitate at her next words, gently stroking at the surface of the egg as if to give it an embrace of friendship. "I don't know if I can match the power you seem to exude, but I would like to get to know you a bit if I could?" Miach asked of it.

Kambri (W)

The boy was admittedly a little sad to be leaving the presence of the Gargoyle Egg but he knew he couldn't hog all the time with the egg. He thought he might like to go back to cuddle with it again later if he could. Kambri was more than happy to offer cuddles to the other eggs though. He moved to the Siren Egg and pressed his hands to it, rubbing at the egg in gentle strokes. There seemed to be a bit of a mysterious air to it. It seemed to be testing anyone who came near it, but he couldn't be sure. "Hello, I'm Kambri." He offered, tilting his head slightly. "Are you interested in cuddling? Or a story?" He asked it. Nodding his head, as if making a decision he rubbed the egg again. "Maybe a hug." He laughed.

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

Ryala

Blessed Mage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:17 pm
So, it was like that, huh? Poor sleepy one... at least it had been polite. Still, she wondered how long that would last, if everyone persisted in awakening it. So far, there didn't seem to be many, but that might still change.

Leaving the Wraith to dream, she looked around for another likely egg. The Demon was certainly noteworthy, but it already seemed to have several people admiring it. Hmm... perhaps she should go see that blue one, instead. Moving over to the small Banshee egg, Ryala placed her hand on the top of the shell. It looked like it could use some companionship.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:37 pm
-----------------------------------------Dolmar-----------------------------------------

Ahhh, now HERE was an egg worth his time! He felt as if he was stepping into a perfectly drawn bath, sinking into the Demon's touch. It was invigorating, some how, and Dolmar got the strongest feeling that this was right, that this was where he was meant to be, and what would make him strongest. Destiny was only a breath away, his blood seemed to hum, if only he might reach out and grasp it for himself.

And so he met Demon's query head on. He'd never lacked for confidence, nor pride, and he pushed back as the egg called to him to reveal more of himself. He would show that pride, that strength of character, that willingness to do whatever it took to make his ends be met... But turns and turns of training could not be easily shirked. One didn't offer something for nothing. His secrets he kept close to his chest, and if he would not give them to his twin, he would not give them here. Not yet, not yet, though maybe... He could hear Marinel reciting their shared history to the egg, and though silent physically, mentally he embellished the tale in spurts and flourishes. A tale half-told was better than no tale at all, wasn't it? An uncharacteristic rush of fondness overtook him for the egg, though he throttled it quickly enough, hand retreating from its blazing shell.

Better to always leave them wanting more, wasn't that what his courtesan...friends...had always said? And best not to make a commitment. Not yet, not yet, though...maybe...

-----------------------------------------Jacquol-----------------------------------------

Jacquol huffed a puff of amusement, glad that the egg's slight unhappiness seemed to be fading. She really did like the big old shell...and its patience was well appreciated. She traced a finger across Gargoyle in a swishing motion, mental images of fish, singly and in great schools, flickering up briefly, before flashing away in a glint of sun-struck scales. Ohhh yeah. So much for these little guys to learn about. But she had to move on, didn't she? A last fond pat for the big fellow, and then she was off again. Hopefully it didn't mind that it'd had to wait, and then only had her attention a little while. That was life though, wasn't it?

It was easy enough to move to the next closest egg. Banshee was blue as well, though so very much darker. "Almost hidden in your big...uhh...sibling? Their shadow, huh?" She knelt to pat the smaller shell, wondering if the hatchling inside would be as brightly colored as the outside was. The heavy air about it gave her some pause, like fog on a deep night over the water, but she was just young and reckless enough to forge ahead, stars and charts be damned. Hello in there? Anyone home?

-----------------------------------------Falienn-----------------------------------------

Siiiigh. Alright, alright. Vampire'd made its point, and while he felt...marginally better about not insulting this one, he got when he wasn't wanted. Nothing really new there. At least this one was cordial about it, and didn't just shove him away or walk out. The sooner he touched them all, the sooner he could be done, right? Some small part of him might still have some childish (if you asked him) hope to feel some kind of connection, but with all the stubborn angst of youth, he stuffed it back down inside. He moved on to the egg he'd meant to go to next anyway, reaching out to cup the edge of Mummy quite tenderly, one thumb brushing over a large mottled spot.

I guess though if I were to impress here at Western, I'd never have to see him again. That'd be something, hey? What do you say, egg? Care to steal me away to be your dearest love?  

ShinosBee

Nerd

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:59 pm
The Demon Egg's questions gave him pause, forced him to recall a time when life hadn't been quite so confusing. It was difficult to believe that had only been a few short months ago.

I was popular. Important and swoonworthy too, if I do say so myself. Oerlen smiled. But I haven't found my way here yet. It's... frustrating. It was also vaguely humiliating, admitting this to anyone else, but it was a little late to be worrying about that. He squared his shoulders, standing taller as he said, I will be again, I'm sure of it, and lifted his hand away from the egg's warm shell.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:12 am
To be honest, she was afraid. If nothing else, Isilje knew that she didn't belong in the halls of Western, and being here made her feel oh so awkward. Gently, she pulled her hood higher around her head as Gr'del spoke to them. Red tinted goggles hid her eyes from anyone's view, making sure no one could see anything but the smallest hints of white fluttering around her face as they all stood to watch. They were showing off, but of course they were. They were trying to make it clear that High Reaches likely shouldn't be here...and yet as she stared at the precious eggs, how could she be anything but in love with every single one. It took a moment before she stepped forwards, bowing gently to the Gold and her Bronze, "Thank you...Thank you so much." The honor of Touching was so great....She loved it so much.

It took time, but eventually, the tiny Albino settled on the Demon egg, deciding to shyly greet it, quiet and gentle. Hello little one....I felt that it might be nice to say hello. So shy and anxious was she.  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:51 am
Well then.  That was a no.

The response from the Hunter Egg was quite clear, and rather than linger to try and push the matter - to explain that he had grown and was no longer a boy who believed wholeheartedly that bigger was better - Dezerac simply removed his hand and calmly moved on.  He would have to be more careful about what he kept at the front of his mind.  The strategy was simple: let them see as much as they liked, good and bad and in-between (no sense in trying to hide or deny anything), and go from there.  Thoughts as clear as he could make them, he made his was over to the Angel Egg, rested his hand on its shell, and awaited whatever judgement it would make.

------

You are wonderful, Rio affirmed, delighted by the response of the dragon within the Siren Egg. I can hardly wait to see you!  In due time, of course, not today.  In the meantime, I should meet your siblings as well, but you should know you were my very first! He did his best to send a sort of mental wink, then on he went to visit the Werewolf Egg.

Hello! he offered brightly, just as enthusiastic about his second egg as his first. You're quite striking!  I suppose you can't tell from where you are, but your shell is the darkest here...especially next to your friend here! He nodded in the direction of the Hellhound egg, not that the Werewolf could see that either, but of course it would know who it was next to.  Were they close out of happenstance, or because they were fond of each other?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:58 am
Roana's red tinged brows rose in wry amusement as she felt the dragon inside push back at the light touch of her fingers. Though despite the red pattern on the shell that might indicate danger she felt no desire to remove her hand. Proud? No, that was not the right word. Self assured, if she could handle a dingy on a sea at storm battling waves higher than her head, she could handle this. Even if she hadn't expected eggs to respond to her with such obvious and unmistakable personality. "A nosy one aren't you." she told the egg. "Not that I wouldn't linger if I could but I have other eggs to visit." On top of that the candidate masters warning not to linger to long on one egg still rang loud and clear in the back of her mind. She didn't want to be kicked off the sands now she felt she had discovered what it was really about. I

If it was meant to let the candidates touch dragon eggs, it was just as much about letting the dragons inside them touch back.

So pulling back to let the press of other candidates have their turn at greeting the autumn burned egg. Since it seemed the logical thing to visit as many eggs as she could she didn't go far. Simply shuffling to the side she rested her hand on the shell of the misty grey shell of The Djinn egg. "Now, I wonder if you are the type to be as nosy as your big sibling there." She muttered, because now she had become equally curious as to how each egg would respond.  

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:40 am
Lissa

Shifting nervously, Lissa sighed softly and absently scratched at the scar that ran down her face. It was easy enough to behave and please the weyrling master. And besides, no one wanted to act poorly and risk offending the dragons or eggs, right? Still, having the inclusion of the High Reaches candidates made her withdraw further into herself.

She made it a point to bow courteously to the gold dragon who'd clutched the eggs before slowly making her way closer to the eggs. A small, dark blue egg caught her eye and she knelt and placed a hand hand on the Banshee egg. There was a heaviness there that Lissa didn't quite understand. But it made her think of her own fatalistic streak.

"Now is that you, little one," she murmured softly as she carefully stroked the shell. "Or am I just imagining how you're feeling? You're certainly an interesting one."

Soem instinct told her to let down her internal barriers and she just hoped the eggs wouldn't think her as hopeless as she felt.

-------------------------------------------

Esfir

It took every ounce of restraint in Esfir's slight form to not race excitedly at the eggs. There were forms to be followed and no one wanted to make a bad showing in front of the people from High Reaches. Though to her young eyes, they seemed awfully stuffy. Very different from how the folks at Western seemed to conduct themselves. Dropping to a curtsy as she passed Vimiath, Esfir smiled up at the great dragon before hurrying onto the sands with the others.

And those sands were hot. Of course, Western was hot but the hatching sands seemed just that little bit extra. But now that she was near the eggs, Esfir's movements became much more careful, more alert to just how close everyone was to these fragile, precious eggs. All of the eggs were beautiful, but she'd approached one that seemed especially so. The orange with the purple swirl of the Angel egg was just so pretty. And she didn't mind the sensation of being judged as she placed the gentlest of hands on the warm shell. After all, Momma judged all the time.

"Hello, little egg," she cooed excitedly as she traced the purple swirl pattern of the egg with a light finger. "Your shell is so pretty, but I bet you're even nicer looking. I hope you don't mind my touching you. I've never been to a Touching before! It's awfully exciting, isn't it?"

She stopped her prattling, pleased to simply be close to a dragon egg. But... what was she supposed to do know? Should she thank the egg's inhabitant for considering her?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:29 am
Joshala
“What might I want of you?” The young woman spoke the Vampire’s question aloud, a bit surprised. Then she almost laughed. I want what every other Candidate wants – to Impress! To fight! I came from below the earth and I want to rise as high above it as I can. If it should be with you, so be it. You are worthy of anyone you would set your eye on. If not, perhaps another will call my name. And if that isn’t in my future… there’s a place for me.

And that place, she knew, would be the kitchens. She was thinking of the warm, crusty bread she’d bake, and the thick, savory roasts she would season when she made her way across the sands to touch the Ghoul Egg, which appeared to be less popular among her peers. Hello, I’m here to keep you company for a short while. It’s nice to meet you.

Farnalgo
Now this egg was Farinalgo’s style. The Demon had asked him to talk, to educate – his favorite thing to do. I want to know everything about your kind, he began. If I can just Impress, I can experience it myself, gain firsthand knowledge I could never glean from my brothers who ride. Then I will have something rare, something in demand, to teach others. They would come to me with questions, and I would have an answer. That’s why I’m here, visiting from another Weyr to meet you. And if a dragon asks me to stay on the day you all show yourselves, I wouldn’t hesitate. It would be more than worth it, though I would be separated from my brothers for a time.

He would have loved to continue, to share much more about himself, but it was getting a little crowded around that particular egg. And they’d been told not to linger too long at any of them. So he reluctantly said goodbye and moved on to the Banshee Egg. Farin sensed something off even before his skin made contact with the shell. The hair on his neck rose at the “sound” it was making. Whatever is the matter? Is there some way I can help?  

Teiha

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:32 am
Akaris might have been a touch late.  Just a touch, but certainly the eggs wouldn't mind!  They were eggs, after all, and going nowhere fast until they hatched, and there were plenty of other Candidates to keep them occuppied until she arrived, looking her very best.  Today deserved nothing less, even if the dragons-to-be couldn't see her physically - surely they could appreciate the effort?  And there was an abundance of people about, providing all the more reason for her to put in the extra time and look good for the sake of first impressions.  She swept a flourishing bow at the clutchparents and their partners, her gaze lingering just a little longer not on the especially pale goldrider, but the bronzerider.  His dragon had seen better days, clearly, but...

No, on to the eggs for now.  But which first?  No one seemed quite sure if there was a gold egg or not; if there had been, the decision would have been easy, barely a decision at all!  Not that she would spurn a pretty little green if it wanted her - any dragon with taste would want her! - but she would complement a gold so well, and vice versa.  Erring on the side of convention, the young woman stepped up to the large, creamy-gold Vampire Egg and brushed her fingers along the shell before allowing her hand to come to rest on it. The others have nothing on you, she purred. So garish and overdramatic!  But you wear subtlety beautifully.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:38 am
Silviu
The spindly brunette boggled in surprise as the Werewolf egg literally howled his name. His eyes darted around – could anyone else hear? Was he disturbing the whole Touching? No… it seemed no one else had heard. And was the egg actually making any noise? He couldn’t really tell. Dragons were confusing! But what a nice egg! He felt better for its reassurance. Okay. Friends it is! he agreed.

Then he turned to its neighbor, the bright green Hellhound Egg. Perhaps this one was friendly, too? He laid both palms on the big egg, reaching out with a slightly hesitant but warm mental greeting.  

Teiha

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:42 am
Alya

Alya was doing her best not to bounce with excitement! It was time! Finally! Oh, she'd give a little glance towards the High Reaches Candidates who were coming out, but ultimately, her gaze snapped right back towards the eggs. A'ral's words would be heeded, of course--she wasn't about to get herself thrown off the Sands like a deadglow!

Beaming, the small girl reached out to let her fingers rest upon the lovely dark shell of the Werewolf Egg. What an exquisite shell you have! Good day! She thought at it, a wide smile flickering across her face. Oh, but this was the most exciting day of her life!

Iathe

It had been a struggle to decide to show up to Western at all. Iathe was High Reaches to the bone, born and raised.... but ultimately, she decided that it would be a selfish, stupid waste to not attend this Touching. What use was pride when Thread fell again? Did she wish to help Pern, or did she want to remain on the ground like a looby because she couldn't be bothered to grow up? That was unacceptable. Iathe marched onto the sands with her head held high, critically eyeing her fellows before--

Oh.

The sight of the proud parents hovering over their clutch.... Iathe couldn't help but feel at least a little flicker of affection and awe. Bowing to them both, she moved towards the eggs with the rest of the Candidates, then moved towards the Angel Egg.

Her touch was gentle, but firm, her fingers sliding against the shell in the barest motions of a caress.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff