Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:02 pm
The cheeton could feel herself blush at the compliment,
she was thankful her pelt was already quite pink as she dipped her head appreciatively and listened again to the pale male.
At the mention of his origins and his desert birth, Hidaya tilted her head and offered her best reassuring and somewhat proud look that he hadn't taken it too deeply to heart before he asked of her parents.

"No no, by the time I went on my own adventures they'd decided to retire by the ocean...I hope you do get to see it one day, it's positively gorgeous, how the surface changes colour with the day and the light plays upon the waves." She smiled and then looked back at him after her wistful memories scattered.
"Oh but- I'm being rude, I really hope you enjoy your time here, I've loved it here...as you said, I might even get to sing for you and your friends at some point!"

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:55 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Matakwa watched as his sister made her way towards him, smiling warmly. He leaned into her headbutt, spreading his whiskers and chuffing affetionately at her. "Oh, I know. I'm not really all that worried," he replied, glancing around. "Well... not as much as some others are, anyway." He studiously did not pick anyone out, even with his eyes. He allowed a faint look of concern cross his face, however, as he slid his gaze across the unfamiliar faces of the Tianxians present. "Though I'd be happier if they were less tense about our presence."

There was always the chance that one or more were significantly less pleased than the general consensus. And when it seemed to many weren't very comfortable with their arrival, it seemed to him it upped their chances of such outliers. That was what he was here to watch for, to guard her from, and no, there was no way she could convince him to relax from such a vigil. He returned his gaze to her and smiled once more. Leadership suited her, and added an extra gleam to her beauty. "How go things among polite society?" He flicked his gaze back towards the more notable individuals that he'd met when he first arrived.

Ecavi
Kimondo

Talencia

Blessed Friend

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:06 pm
User Image User Image

Yoru had to admit it, he was surprised when one of his other sisters, Spindla, approached him. He had been used to Kasai and Miyako spending time with him, since Kasai had declared herself his second keeper and Miyako and he were finally reconnecting. He only really saw Spindla at family gatherings, he realized, but with he greeted her with a smile, even if he moved more protectively towards Hoshi.

"Hello, Spindla. We're doing well enough, though I'm still unsure of where my place is in all of this." He admitted. "Mother volunteered me to come along, but it's rather overwhelming." He inclined his head to his sister. "How are you getting along? Have you made any new friends?" He inquired.

When he was referred to an emergency snack, shuddered and pressed close to the lion that he bonded to. He looked up fearfully at the lioness. She had markings and colors that were similar to Yoru's, but similar colors were often seen in this group, it seemed. Yoru had mentioned that many of his siblings had come along on the trip. Hoshi had been able to deduce Miyako as a sibling, since their markings were the same, but this Spindla was still new to him. Was she a sister? Had anyone ever told him? He didn't ask for the time being, for he did not want to offend someone with such sharp teeth, but perhaps he would inquire after their relationship once she was out of sight, whenever that would be.

Annchen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:41 pm
User ImageUser Image

Akarui had joined the Mwezi as a rogue for the purpose of, well, finding a purpose. Even when she had been given a rank as a Huntress,
her only option thanks to this Great Lion, fellow, she hadn't felt as though she'd quite found her place there. So, when the Queen suddenly declared that she was collecting others to join a journey to another pride, Akarui had volunteered as soon as she could. They would need Hunters and Huntresses, she reasoned.
It wasn't at all because she was already missing the notion of rogue life.

The journey to the pride called the Tianxia still felt too short for her and to suddenly be surrounded by so many different species and new faces so suddenly after just learning a few from the Mwezi was overwhelming to say the least. That said, she still at one familiar companion at her side. The lovely Shinsei, who was standing at her side and glancing about wearily at the newcomers. Unsure of who to approach or where to start as far as conversation went, Akarui and Shinsei were on the sidelines as they debated their next move. It would certainly be a lot easier to debate, however, if someone came their way instead.

Shinsei had been with Aka for quite some time now. The two had become friends on the road. Shinsei had seen a loneliness in Aka that she could not turn away, not even for the preference of her own solitary lifestyle. Even when Aka had mentioned going to find a pride, she had gone with her. She'd considered leaving the pride of lions once Aka had settled in, but she never had and besides, Shinsei had found someone much more surprising in that pride. Another maned wolf, this one a male, that went by Inyanga Amabala. It was a lengthy name, but Ama is what he allowed her to call him, even if it got her confusing his name with her lioness'. He convinced her to stay, since he claimed that there were not many maned wolves in the Mwezi. He was lonely and Shinsei was a sucker for those types and so she stayed.

To leave with Aka to this new pride was necessary, but she missed Ama dreadfully. She hoped they would be returning soon, but she would not rush into things. She knew that Aka hated to be rushed and she was here to provide comfort to her bonded, after all.

So they stayed together, on the outskirts of the group that was talking and waited. Waited for what? Shinsei couldn't say for certain, but until whatever it was came up to them, she would do her job and remain a steady presence by Aka's side.

((Anyone is welcome to approach Akarui and/or Shinsei!))  

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:54 pm
Kimondo smiled at Matakwa and took a seat, leaning gently against him. She knew more about the tension and distrust in the Tianxia than she let on, and she didn't think it was necessary to keep repeating herself about how terrible Shangyue was. She was still confident they could fix this, she could see it in the pockets of pleasant conversation here and there in the crowd, even as there were others still on their guard.

"It'll get better," she said, "From what I gather, we've even attracted visitors from the other Houses in the pride. We've made things much busier than normal."

She glanced over to the Heir and Duke again when Matakwa asked about polite society and snickered.

"Everybody is playing nice, for now," she said, looking back at Matakwa, "It's funny, seeing lions so much older than us being so much more childish. But their nobility is different than ours, being noble is their job. Can you imagine if our entire High Class was only Lords and Ladies? You and I would have gone insane! But if we hadn't had the choice to work, if mom and dad hadn't encouraged it.. we might not even be who we are now."

It was funny, seeing how proper, genetic nobility worked. Matakwa was technically a Lord but he chose to become a Guard. Kimondo had been a Lady but had chose to become a Huntress.. and now chose to become Queen. She had a strong suspicion that her being a Huntress and not just a Lady had been a major factor in Lailah choosing her.

Talencia

When Pleco addressed her, Althaia relaxed a bit. It was a good way to make her feel like she wasn't really intruding, though she still worried that a large crowd of lions would make the wild dog uneasy. Were all wild dogs so small? They seemed it, of course, but it was even more obvious so close up!

"I didn't realize there would be anybody but lions," she admitted quietly, then looked at the wild dog again, "I hope we're not scaring you!" She sounded condescending, though she didn't mean to. It was hard, when faced with something so much smaller than herself.

Syrius Lionwing

SilverLutz

Safaia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:50 pm
User Image
((Waiting for my cert to change to this username/account, but I want to be sure I can still RP Kasai for the Meta, so... Yee!))

Kasai had been ever energetic for the majority of the trip. With so many of her siblings with her, it had given her ample time to pester Yoru as well as her sisters. Then, of course, there was her more extended family, like Aunt Kimondo and even one of her less familiar uncles, Uncle Matakwa. Her mother seemed to like Kimondo so much that she never really introduced Kasai or her siblings to her other brothers and sisters.

So naturally, she had to go see what her uncle was like for herself. At the time, he was speaking with her Aunt Kimondo, but ever-bold, she dashed straight up to them.
"Hiya Aunt Kimondo, Uncle Matakwa!" She greeted with a grin. "Can I sit with you guys?"

Ecavi

Talencia

LinDaemon

3,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:04 pm
"Oh that sounds splendid." Though he doubted he'd ever see such an ocean as she was talking about. It must be nice there though. He liked the mwezi'johari good and plenty though. He was able to marry out of the class he'd been accepted into as but he was well enough where he was. It wasn't like he'd of been better off in his own pride.

"Maybe one day I will get to see it." He commented and then gave a shake of his head. "Oh you're fine! Please don't apologize. It is very nice here and I would very much like to hear that." He said hoping to perhaps hear a song or two before they departed back home.

Lightning Shadow X

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:43 pm
Kimondo was surprised when Kasai came running up to join her and Matakwa, but she smiled quickly and nodded. She liked having her sister's children with her, especially since she couldn't have her sister or her own children there. So far, if Hodari had instructed them to be vigilant, they hadn't been overly dramatic about it. Just like their uncles.

"What do you think of it here, Kasai?" she asked, "Do you think you'll enjoy yourself for a few months?"

It was a long stay but it was a long trip.

LinDaemon

Talencia

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:35 am
Ah, a joining rogue. Kweli was no stranger to new faces in the pride and he understood the appeal of living among others, but the life of a rogue had always interested him. It wasn't something he personally wanted to do as he was a very social - even if that was hard to believe - lion. Living on his own wasn't something he was sure he could ever really do.

"I know your new pride are not known for venturing out, so I'm sure they're glad to have a few of you who are familiar with the ways of the rogue lands," he said with a polite nod. "Did you grow up prideless?"

AstoriaFallen

Badru returned the smile offered to him and began to peer around the pride. There were so many other animals here it was blowing his mind! There were lions, of course, and cheetahs...but there were other felines that he had never seen before, ones that looked sort of like a lion and sort of like a cheetah. He had never thought he'd see such diversity and if he had been canine his tale would have been wagging for sure.

Pleco spoke up again but Badru was so torn as to what to look at and give his attention to that he missed what was asked. Instead he continued to look around the pride, trying to make sense of everything he saw.

---

Kupa, also distracted by everything around her, found it hard not to let her eyes wander as she stood on the spot. There was so much to see, so much to do! But she had to remain calm and appear professional. She didn't want these creatures to think less of her for acting as if she had never seen a wild dog before. Surely they'd think her dumb for only knowing of lions! Still, it was hard to keep her eyes from wandering this way and that, lingering on sights she had never seen in her life before. It was amazing what waited outside of the borders of the pride.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:48 am
SilverLutz

She gave a nod of her head, it was true. The Mwezi were not known for going outside their comfort zone at all so in her mind this was a huge leap for them.

At least there were a number of them that were familiar with the rogue lands so it had eased some of the worry on the trip, at least she believed it had helped. "Having outside knowledge is helpful."

Glancing around for a moment she looked back at them. "I did. I mean, my father was part of a pride but I wasn't part of it."  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:05 pm
She liked this young male. He was such a sweetheart and the way he spoke of wanting to see the ocean made her quite nostalgic for her place of birth, the sea lapping at the shore, the smell of salt and the warm breeze and all those curls in her fur. It made her chuckle.

Looking over the moon eye'd visitors she looked back to her friend and smiled.
"So how long are you all going to be here for?"

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:31 pm
The burst of enthusiasm quickly began to fade, however his curiosity still lingered. "Msumari, and Yanazung..." He tried, Shida desperately gaze it his best shot. The lions he knew, even the rogue ones, hadn't had quite so long of a name as the lion that currently stood next to the princess - a subject he was tempted to tap into at a later point. Shida was about to give the lions name another go when he gallantly saved him from another miserable attempt with a shortened form that was much easier to pronounce. "Yana, that's much better." He admitted.

"Ah, Historian." The purple lion rearranged his paws slightly and stretched his muscles that were screaming at him. Travelling and then positioning himself the way he had left him wanting rest like he hadn't rested before. "I've come along to hopefully bring back some history of the Tianxia, specifically, but not limited to the relations between us and yourselves." He admitted with a brow raised. Historian was a rank to be proud of, at least in his opinion, he was aware of the way the question was asked and felt that he had answered it well enough.

"A princess and a secretary ought to do the trick in getting started?" He smiled warmly at Msumari and nearly ignored Yana, save for a glance in his direction.

Puhterodactyl

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:04 pm
Lightning Shadow X

He had to think about her question for a moment. "I'm actually not sure. I would think for a little while at least given how long it took us to get there." He commented hoping it was going to be a little while. That way he'd get to know the members of this pride. Maybe make a friend or two. Even if he never saw them again.

"What do you do in your free time?" He was thinking maybe they could go do something once the gathering was over and they had some free time.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:16 am
For now, Yueyun opted to watch in the background from a less busy part of the group. He could see that Shida was wrapped up in conversation with a pair of lions--investigating this unfamiliar pride, no doubt, which brought a smile of quiet pride to his features. His son had a keen interest in history and would be a fine Historian.

His own eyes flickered among the Tianxia lions, noting just how many bore purples similar to his own. At a glance anyone would be hard-pressed to tell that he wasn't one of them. A branch of his family he'd never met, and a large one at that. He swallowed hard and hoped they'd not judge him too harshly for the sins of his father. Shangyue's actions had caused this rift that the Mwezi was trying to mend.

---

Meiyue tilted her head slightly, as her eyes slid to her father from where they'd been focused upon the Tianxia lions. She wondered what he made of all this. She had some inkling of why he'd come, even if it had roots in events that happened before her birth. She shared some of that interest, after all. Family, long cut off by her grandfather's actions, now in front of them. It was terribly exciting, and a little bit frightening.

---

As a lion who practically pounced on passing rogues to hear their tales, Vivek found himself in a unique predicament. He simply had too many strangers in front of him to just pick one for "interrogation!" While he looked quite composed, for the most part--courtesy of his father Rishima's rigorous insistence on manners and propriety--there was a nearly feverish gleam to his eye at the thought of being able to learn so much. Maybe one would approach him, and make the task of deciding where to start much simpler?  

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:12 am
Kimondo was so comfortable at her brother's side, it took nearly toppling over to realize that she was falling asleep. The trip had been so long and while she wasn't really out of shape from lack of hunting, she was not prepared the way an active hunter would be.. and then the guards and former rogues.. they were far better suited to the trip they made.

She yawned, giving in to the idea of resting. The Mwezi'Johari was being welcomed into the West House, there was no open hostility even if there was an air of distrust around them.. she took her own fatigue setting in as a sign that she felt comfortable in their safety now.

It was up to her to take the lead in this, too, settling in to stay. So she gave her brother an affectionate nudge and circled around the busiest part of the crowd to find Ria and Alizeti to get sleeping arrangements sorted out.

It would be nice to rest somewhere safe once again.

Althaia got over her indulgent fascination with the wild dog quickly enough and headed back to where she had found her brother so they could have a hushed conversation about their plan now that they were really, really here. The excitement and anxiety of knowing her father was somewhere around here was keeping the fatigue from setting into her yet, but she would eventually follow Kimondo's lead and relish in the opportunity to finally really take it easy again.

This ORP is now closed! You may continue posting to wrap up your character's parts, but the raffle will be rolled momentarily.  
[IC] Tianxia Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff