Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Disney & Harry Potter Touching] Do You Believe In Magic? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Teiha

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:32 pm
What the egg “said” touched on the truth, as they often did. Nothing had gone to plan since… Nothing had gone to plan for the last two turns, and all Kar really had to his name was his pride and a sliver of hope to cling to in the form of his candidate’s knot. Some holder he turned out to be. That life was dead and gone as were his brothers. He would avenge them soon enough. But the dragons didn’t need to hear about that. All he would give them today were the good thoughts.

He knelt by a small egg that looked like it was covered in stars, and for some reason he had a fleeting desire to embrace it and perhaps cradle it in his arms. Maybe it was its size, or its cheery appearance that brought to mind thoughts of childhood—whatever it was, it made him smile as he rested his hand upon A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes. Hello, there.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:38 pm
Helaku swallowed hard, his racing heart at odds with the solemn expression on his face as he listened to Gr'del and A'ral speak. It was hard to forget Western's last Touching, and he was resolved to behave perfectly this time. He did not want to give any one of the...five?...parents reason to banish him from meeting the clutch today (or forever). It was a fortunate thing that respect and manners were not something that the young man found difficult. It was just...difficult not to worry with one of the golds glaring with reddened eyes, that was all.

He gave each set of parents a deep, respectful bow. Once he had held each one long enough that he thought they would be satisfied, he moved further out onto the sands. A smile began to touch his face, growing warmer by the moment. Regardless of what else was going on, the first chance to meet the hatchlings was often an enjoyable one, and he genuinely looked forward to the experience. Giving a friendly nod of greeting to those also near it, he laid his hand upon the Go The Distance egg and tried to open his mind. Hello there, little one. I hope you like meeting us all! The striped pink shell really was pretty.  

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:53 pm
Elyk - High Reaches

... ... wow. That was... amazing.

He lifted a hand from the egg so that he could rub the back of his forearm against both his eyes first and then his nose. He had heard the same words or some semblance of them from everyone around him ever since his failed Impression. But none had touched him on such a level deep inside his heart the way this egg just did when it was a mere couple of months old.

Thank you. He told the Colors of the Wind egg with as much sincerity as he could muster from his heart. I'll never forget what you did for me here today. I hope that you'll be able to find Yours and I'll try my best to come thank you in person after you have emerged from your egg eventually.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:57 pm
Vosin/Killakeeth

Today was the day. Word had come from High Reaches Weyr. Killakeeth summoned her rider with the news on the day and time of the Touching. Vosin dressed in some of her nicest clothes and even had Soui do up her hair. She liked the touch. The young apprentice healer was talented.

She placed Killakeeth’s largest set of riding straps on the gold and headed toward the meeting place to pick up her eager passengers. Vosin waved to the candidates as they showed up. “Up you go then kids. Make sure your straps are securely fastened. Keep all hands and feet inside the dragon at all times.”

Once everyone had gotten settled, she went through and checked each’s strap. Couldn’t hurt to be too careful with the precious cargo! “I know the candidatemasters have probably been on your asses, but do remember you represent Western Weyr while you’re there. What you reflects upon us as a group.”

Vosin settled into her place once everyone was securely fastened in. “Alright Killakeeth. Let’s go!” The large gold raised her wings and took off. The dragon circled her Weyr calling out a bugle to announce their departure. In three breaths, they hung above High Reaches. She took a slow glide in until a spot large enough for her opened and she landed to deliver her passengers.

tatterpixie

Uta

Candidate Makimton

He listened closely to the usual discourse from the candidate masters. No, nothing would go wrong. He would do his best. No upset dragons, eggs, or hopefully candidates. He frowned slightly at the sight of all the Western kids showing up. Those sands were going to be crowded. Very crowded. Very hot and crowded. He hoped everyone kept their tempers in check.

Maybe it would have been best to do two touchings, first them then Western? Oh well. Too late now. Everyone was here. He walked onto the sands then bowed to the golds. After a moment, he approached Rhianth’s clutch. He paused to bow again more specifically to her. “Thank you for letting us Touch your beautiful eggs.”

Moving closer to the clutch, Makimton reached out his hand to the Auror Egg.

Candidate Nalacko

Her first Touching. Nalacko took several deep breaths, trying not to hyperventilate. She had gotten to attend a Hatching before a Touching. Her second clutch, and first Touching. She was ready for this. She’d be ok. Nalacko repeated to herself over and over. No pressure. Just two clutches and practically every kid from High Reaches and Western. She just about bowed out at the thought.

Instead she quietly shuffled in with the rest. Nala bowed then eased her way through the press to Fianth’s clutch. As the candidates thinned out a bit, she found herself facing Poor Unfortunate Soul. Tentatively she reached a hand out to the egg.  

magnadearel

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:00 pm
Zelaya
Zelaya spent a few moments quietly regarding the Expecto Patronum egg as it reacted to them. Such a good, kind dragon it would be, no doubt. Thank you, but don’t worry. I will do my duty. Shy or not, overwhelmed or not, fearful or not, they knew what needed done, and so that was what they would do. The needs of the many, of the Weyr, of the eggs came before any personal discomfort. And so they gave the egg another fond stroke before moving along to the next. To another that seemed focused and bent to task, perhaps understanding the gravity and importance of this event. Their hand slid against Death Eater, unbothered by its...ocular appearance as they opened themselves to its inspection.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:08 pm
Baby Mine Egg: Hello! The egg seems to lean into Soui's touch, sending nothing but warmth and eagerness back to the girl. Oh, how nice to be here with you, the eggs seems to say, practically tickling the hand that touched it with a ripple of joy beneath its shell!
houllow

Perfect Isn't Easy Egg: Of course they should be excited! Pleasure seems to radiate from the egg. How good of Metzli to touch this egg. What does she think of it, hmm? Do be honest now...
ShinosBee

Avada Kedavra Egg: For a moment Falienn's hand didn't get a response until suddenly IT was there. Whatever gentle, tender feeling Falienn hoped to get with a tentative touch was not at all what he'd get. Instead, a new presence forced and shoved its way into his thoughts. This egg was GOING to look, and if Falienn didn't want it, then he should have never approached or touched to begin with. The egg would not quite encourage but command the boy to draw closer... It demanded a better look.
ShinosBee

Sectumsempra Egg: The moment Lelte's hand touches its shell, the egg seems to give a sharp "bite" back. It is almost painful to the touch, a jab to get the hand well away from it. It never asked to be touched, hmph!
dawns_aura

Avada Kedavra Egg The egg that pushed its way into Falienn's thoughts did a similar thing to Havali. But unlike the boy, it seemed to take one look around and simply laugh. Is it really a pleasure? Not for this egg! Not with Haveli near. Yanking itself away, almost painfully, the egg shut the girl out.
houllow

Baby Mine Egg Similar as it had before, this egg seemed absolutely thrilled at suddenly finding itself with attention. Leaning into Rizdax's touch, the egg sends nothing but joy and adoration towards the other. How nice is this! Such wonderful people to meet! Such joy! Oh, do stay!
Hattaki

A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes Egg Friend? The question seems tentative at first, before a warmth rushes over the hand. Oh, how sweet a sentiment. This egg would very much like to be friends, thank you! Pleasure, happiness, and contentment seem to pulse through the egg and Juhvek's touch.
demon_pachabel

Dementor Egg The sensation of exhaustion only seems to turn into something a bit darker, a bit more grim underneath Fahn's touch. Would you be happy if you were here, being touched by grubby hands, certain to crack its shell? Would you be happy if you knew this song and dance was pointless? Eh. Be gone. You're...exhausting to be around.
demon_pachabel

Baby Mine Egg The little egg leaned into Kinyegele, sending nothing but warmth and happiness into her hand. Oh! Oh it likes to be up front, yes, thank you very much! And yet, it can tell something is amiss...Do not be afraid, do not be nervous. All is well here! Happy, happy, joy, joy, forever and always! The egg practically trembles in its desire for the girl to be free from worry.
demon_pachabel

Lumos Egg The egg immediately presses back against Lesta's hand. Oh, oh, oh! Fear not, not around it. Never around it. Do not feel rejected, but rejoice that you are seen, and heard, and felt, and loved. Be at peace, be happy, and keep your chin up. Stay as long as you need, and take comfort in this egg. The warmth it sent Lesta was full of positive feeling and concern, and a desire to chase their fears away.
Teiha

You'll Be In My Heart Egg For a long moment there was no response to Gru's touch. But finally, faintly, there was the distinct presence of something looking, searching, moving about the man. Someone, or something, some other presence was there--faint--but alert. It did not want to touch back, and had nothing more to say. Though the rummaging seemed to disapate, as long as Gru's hand was against the egg, he would feel something watching him.
Teiha

Sectumsempra Egg Similar to what was done earlier, at the touch of Fisher, the egg gave a snap back. It honestly almost felt like a bite to the hand, and it was NOT particularly pleasant. Be on your way faster then, then egg seems to snap.
houllow

You've Got a Friend In Me Egg Why hello there! And yes, you bet your bippy we're friends, the egg seems to say. Bright colors of good cheer and welcome follow. Feel free to ask it anything you want, pal. The egg brings nothing but pleasantness to Farinalgo.
Teiha

Ravenclaw Egg: For a long moment, the egg seems to give no real response to Andrestia. Hmph. It supposes if it must be part of this spectacle then it must tolerate all of these hands upon its shell. The sooner its over, the better, hmph. Now please, don't dawdle--there are better things to do with its time than meet and greet.
stella cinere

Remember Me Egg: The small egg seems to grow ever alert when Vodex approached. At the question about music, the egg practically seems to shiver beneath the touch, and almost sends an echo of some sort of song through the other. Oh music... Does Vodex know of any songs to sing or play?
stella cinere

Avada Kedavra Egg: The egg felt the trembling from the girl, felt the fear, felt the anxiety. Laughter rang through its shell and it sent a wave of power at Amila, hoping to startle the girl away from its shell. Such weakness is not wanted here! Be gone! Go sniffle elsewhere and waste not its time.

Olliah & Fianth: The woman was watching along with Fianth, as the Candidates moved among the egg. So far, nothing was amiss, and everyone seemed to be on their best behavior. But when she was approached by one of the Candidates, she smiled and tilted her head. At the girl's request, she gave a shake of her head. "Ah, is that so now? Thanks for letting us know." She paused a moment, relaying the message to her queen, who gave a soft snort.

Still, she turned her great golden head to look at the egg, but made no further movement. You are well enough where you are, little one. You have only just been Turned and you know it. Fianth would have to keep an eye on this little troublesome baby. But there was no anger or criticism in her words--nothing but love.

Olliah herself smiled. "I'd move on to another egg, really; sounds like this one is trying to stir up trouble. We'll keep an eye on that one, and if Fianth feels the need to move it, she shall do so." She gave a dip of her head, grateful that the girl had enough sense to let her know and not do as the egg had wished. How sensible!
Teiha

Perfect Isn't Easy Egg The egg seems to push against Veltanna's hand. It wants to know how amazing it is. Now tell it, and tell it now!
faesinger

A Dream is Wish Your Heart Makes Egg: Oh! Oh such a nice boy, this Rhys. So kind, so sweet, so nice! The egg leans into the others touch, gently, tenderly. It is a soft egg, and happy with a soft boy.
-_Wish of Tevarae_-

A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes Egg: At the touch of Cabhan the little egg seems to start. Oh! Oh dear. Is... Is Cabhan all right? It... It tries not to be rude! It would very much like Cabhan to be happy, and content, and well. Does this one have dreams? What does he desire?
stella cinere

Ravenclaw Egg The egg seems to radiate a bit of disdain. Distance would be most appreciated, thank you. Its touch is not a touch at all, but almost a retreat, as the egg seems to lean away from Nyaranau. Still, there is a hint of gratitude that at least it was polite enough to give the egg a choice.
Sweet Symmetry

Avada Kedavra Egg The egg gives a hard look at Leiheti before forcing the other back with a mental push. Please, another waste of time. If this is the best High Reaches has to offer, then the outlook appears grim. Be gone, and leave it be.
faesinger

A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes Egg: Oh, what a nice boy! Karone felt the egg lean into him, and was even encouraged to gently embrace it if he felt so inclined. Though this egg can sense pain within his heart, all it wants is for the young man to be happy, to be hopeful, and to be content; and if he cannot have those feelings, then this egg will share theirs and imprint them on him instead.
Teiha

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:29 pm
The egg... it had all but leaned against his hand which startled him just a tiny bit. But Riz managed to keep his emotions under control as he let a wide smile spread over his face at the joy and complete adoration that washed over him, it was such a happy little egg! Heart melting a bit that he couldn't actually stay long with it, the redhead sent a wave of love and support to the little egg. "You're going to meet so many people, have a lot of fun little one."

Pulling his hand from the shell he looked up to check and see where Shar might have moved to when he caught sight of a smaller girl beside him that looked.... well she looked a little off. Not bad, just maybe nerves? Her hand was just coming off the same egg that he'd touched as well and before he quite knew what he was doing, Riz reached out and took her smaller hand in his own, offering a gentle squeeze of support. "It's a sweet egg. You can tell just by looking at it, right? There look like a lot of nice ones around, I hope you meet some great eggs." His voice was quiet, though just loud enough for the girl to hear as he released her hand, worried she'd think a complete stranger was being creepy for touching her like that. She seemed to be from Western, since he'd never seen that scarred face before. "Have lots of fun."

With a wink he reached out and placed his hand on the egg just behind the one he'd just touched. I'll make a man out of you seemed like a very protective egg and that called to him given how it seemed to even be protecting the siblings around it. A grin crossed his face. "You're very protective, it's a great strength." Riz offered, his full attention on the strength emanating from the shell.

SilverLutz

houllow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:30 pm
Rixth debated remaining where he was, telling Fianth that Thren preferred to stay unnoticed and out of sight, but he couldn't hide his waffling intent from his rider, and Thren always wished to be seen when it was appropriate.

Rixth...

Olliah has asked you to join her, if you wish. And you do. So, let's go.

Thren let the last of their bags drop to the ground as the bronze nudged him, watching the children fan out between the eggs with darting eyes. You're right, I do. You read my mind.

Dragon and rider arrived on the sands properly after that, trading corny bursts of mental laughter and mind reading jokes as they approached on foot, having landed far enough away not to kick up any grit. Rixth took a seat behind and to the right of Krah's stoic presence, but Thren continued walking until he was at Olliah's side, smiling with a surprising amount of earnest humility once he got there. Some of their earlier conversations had been terse, stilted, even slightly pouty from his end as he had made his displeasure about his situation known, but seeing these Candidates so eager to meet the dragons his bronze had helped to create... it made him wonder if he hadn't been all that fair to the people here.

"Thank you for your invitation," he said quietly once Vaali had gone. "I haven't been to a Touching since my last... obviously. This is bringing back all sorts of awkward memories. Happy, awkward memories." Sensing he was already rambling, Thren chuckled airily and pressed his lips together, holding further comments inside.

I would not miss this, Rixth replied, the only outward indication of his own delight in the waves of blue that colored his eyes. He wasn't in love either, and only Faranth knew if he ever would be, but he held a different sort of appreciation for the gold than he had for any other dragon he'd ever met. They will hatch strong and find theirs, and you will be their perfect example.

Uta

Smerdle

Scamp

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:49 pm
Amila

Wow. While Amila was surprised, the surprise melted away to unimpressed calm as her hand removed itself. However, she at least stopped trembling. She was at least putting out her besty effort and the candidate moved a bit away to breathe, mentally recomposing herself. Admittedly, the girl just... Didn't handle being nervous well, and right now, she was nervous. Excited yes, and she did want to meet the eggs, but she was ever anxious about these things. Ah, well. She could handle better, and focused on her emotions, deciding she could handle the next egg better. People milled about, meeting eggs and socializing, and finally she walked into the clutch again, looking around at them all. Finally, she walked to one, taking in the color before her hand gently came to touch it, the girl managing to remain calm as she touched Imperio

Time to be brave. Or at least social.

Hello, I trust you're having a pleasant day? Amila slowly let her mind reach, but not too close -- that might upset their mother or get her In Trouble.

Siv

Hello, there. I'm quite well, thank you for asking. Siv drawled contentedly. What of you? You are a gracious host for offering, so how is your day, is it well?

After all, manners were important, although she sadly knew not to linger long.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:58 pm
Nyaranau -- HR Candidate

There was something about this egg Nyara couldn’t quite figure out, but it made its intentions fairly clear. “I hope you find what you’re looking for.” Nyara gave the egg a final pat, the retreating presence far from a deterrent on her good mood. There were plenty of more eggs to see and meet, and many more chances to leave a good impression.

Next, Nyara decided on the Gryffindor Egg. It looked so bold, and bonus, it was near Ruunan, too. She gave him a wave- which he sheepishly acknowledged- before resting her palm upon the warm, hard shell. “My, just look at your dashing shell! So beautiful. I’m Nyara. It’s good to meet you!” With a shell like that, she couldn’t help but wonder why it had taken to the back of the clutch- it seemed to scream front and centre to her. But appearances weren’t everything, and there was no doubt much more than meets the eye. She wondered if perhaps it was guarding the clutch from the rear, or ensuring it could keep a watchful eye on all of its siblings.  

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:15 pm
Sieston | Western Candidate
Clutch Location | Harry Potter
Touching | Felix Felicis

Sieston had just arrived to High Reaches and assembled with the other candidates for the hatching. He had been somewhat hesitant to join his fellow candidates for this clutch as he’d only recently chosen to go to Western instead of High Reaches. Now, he supposed regardless of how things went with this clutch, he could see the conditions at HR once again. He had contemplated not coming at all, but the chance that his might be in the clutch made the decision to stay at western too selfish. The young man listened as the HR candidatemaster gave his speech before allowing them onto the sands. Taking his first steps onto the scorching sands caused him to pause and take in the sight in front of him. A double clutch and it was glorious. Remembering what he was told, the candidate respectfully made his way towards Rhianth x Kronoseth before giving them each a bow and then moving on as to not stop any others from paying their respects to the clutch parents. Deciding he better get while the gettings good, Sieston walked over to his first egg, the Felix Felicis egg. His hands followed the paint splatter pattern for a moment before speaking. ”Hello…” He said softly as he continued his strokes down the egg’s shell.

Varinia | Western Candidate
Clutch Location | Harry Potter
Touching | Auror

A double clutch! At High Reaches! Somewhere so different from home! Varinia smiled and bounced excitedly on her toes. Even if she didn’t impress there was no way she was going to miss participating in a double clutch. So, she found herself trying to calm her excitement as to not overwhelm the eggs as well as listen to the refresher the HR candidatemaster gave. While she wasn’t the first to step foot onto the sands, she wasn’t long after. As she always did, Vari made her way to the clutch mother first but seeing as how she did not seem very happy about their presence, as not all golds were, she made her greeting quick, polite, and respectful before moving to the side to survey the eggs in front of her. A medium sized grey egg caught her gaze first and she made her way over to the Auror Egg. She nodded to the familiar face of Sieston, a new candidate at Western before turning her full attention onto the egg in front of her. ”I’m looking forward to meeting you and your siblings.” She said gently and truthfully.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:19 am
Arlie

Amazing? Yes, the eggs absolutely were, but not someone like her...She felt a wistful sigh coming on just being near the egg, the longing much too familiar even if the sentiment wasn't shared, and she pulled away before she could drag the egg's mood down with her own thoughts. Positive! P-Positive. Just had to keep moving.

The next egg she moved to was seemingly at random, but the serene aura about it was soothing. Colors of the Wind was so calm despite the noise and presence of the candidates. As Arlie brushed her fingers along it, she couldn't help but wonder how it stayed so peaceful, even before it hatched. And there she was, so meek and unsure in spite of the teachings..."You already know what to do with your life, huh," she half said, half mumbled.

- - -

Arcadin
A pillar of scar tissue in a sea of people, he hadn't moved at the start after the required bowing. No, Arcadin wanted to look at each clutch from afar first, wait and see where others went, and then navigated around them to avoid waiting. It was all business and taciturn observation for a few minutes as he considered the options--just as he was sure the dragonets, or at least a few of them, were doing in turn. At least, the ones that weren't just radiating bundles of joy for merely existing.

Narrowing his first few choices down, he moved with purpose to Crucio and pressed his palm to it. He was not a candidate to vacuously spit happy platitudes where none were needed, when he had a simple job and needed to cast his net. The dragons were important, sure, but Arcadin hadn't fought to live up to this turn only to bow his head to the unborn who knew him only as one of many. These, he needed to see eye to eye, metaphorically speaking.

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:24 am
Talis

Rules, and rules, and more rules.  As often as they had been repeqted and emphasized, particularly in the weeks leading up to this day, Talis was fairly certain she had them memorized by now, but she listened attentively regardless; this would be her first Touching, but she'd heard plenty of stories, and had no intention of becoming the subject of that sort of story herself.  So when it was time, she bowed, low and respectful, to the parents of the clutches, and kept calm, confident thoughts in her mind as she stepped out amongst the eggs.

There was an undercurrent of excitement, of curiosity, but it was carefully managed.  Perhaps among these nearly sixty eggs, there was a dragon for her, or perhaps not, but either way, this whole affair was a new experience, and made her feel...hopeful.  Eager.  Just a little less snarky.  Just a little.

Some of the eggs seemed to attract more attention than the others - was it their size, their color? - and while she fully intended to touch every egg she could, she opted to start elsewhere: a medium-sized gray egg with stripes that reminded her of clawmarks.  One hand dropped to rest against her hip, where she sported such scars, while she brought the other to rest against the shell of the Auror Egg.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:34 am
Demanthra and Monath

Demanthra listened as Gr'del gave the usual instructions to the candidates, though with more urgency this time around. She couldn't totally blame him, considering what had happened at their own touching and Western's soon after. She knew both had ended early because of things that had happened, ones she hoped could be stopped this time. The young woman knew exactly what to look for and she would not let Gr'del worry himself anymore than was necessary. So she was very watchful as the candidates filed out onto the sands, to get their first interactions with the young lives in the eggs. Her eyes did glance briefly at her siblings, to make sure none of them were having any issues. They also swept over Rhiyn, her heart fluttering for a moment, but then got back on the task she had. She could see how red Rhianth's eyes were, this was not a time for any problems.

If any of them do anything stupid, I am going to so get on their case. They will not upset any of the babies!Monath thought vehemently to her rider.

Monath dear, let's not get ahead of ourselves, okay? If I need you to contact one of the candidates to come over here, I will. For now, we just watch and wait. We know what to look for from our own experience, so we can n** anything in the bud before we have issues,Demanthra thought back to her green. She was reminded of the touching that took place almost a turn and a half ago, the one that had given her Monath. A soft smile came to her lips as she recalled touching her egg and being surprised by the anger. Of course, it was because of some of her siblings being upset, but she didn't know that at the time.

Zamistia

Zamistia was trying to keep her nerves under wraps, as she had been working on doing since Shar had found her outside the sands soon after the eggs were laid. Though as Gr'del reminded them of the rules again, she could feel it bubbling in her stomach. It certainly didn't help when one of the golds added to the warnings, causing the red head to swallow quickly. Thankfully, as was usual, Shar took the lead and showed them how they were to bow to the clutch parents. Alright, she could do that, even if the red eyed gold was scaring her quite a bit. She reminded herself it was the right thing to do, so she bowed to the angry gold and her brown mate first. Then she turned to do the same to the pale gold, the bronze near her, and the blue who she had heard was mate to the lighter queen. Once that was done, she turned her attention back to Shar, as the other gave instructions.

"Okay..Shar, I will remember..that,"she nodded her agreement. She tended to stammer less around Rizdax and Shar, feeling safe around them. It was like how it was with her family, they put her more at ease. Her eyes followed to where Shar and Rizdax went, reaching over to Tizzy to squeeze her hand. Then taking a deep breath, her eyes were drawn to an egg that was close to the ones they had chosen, that had interested her when she peeked in before. She walked softly over to I'll Make a Man out of You and reminded herself happy thoughts. Thinking of her friends and family, it helped as she placed her hand on the egg, sending a gentle greeting to it.

Thank you..for letting us..come see..you all,she thought politely to it.

demon_pachabel

SilverLutz

Hattaki

Thaliwen

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:38 am
Roana
Western.

Roana followed in the crowd into the hatching sands after the usual speeches and warnings had been handed down. And it was truly an awe inspiring sight. So far the red head had attended two hatching's but neither had come close to the amount of eggs presented in the double clutch before her. And now there were four protective parents looming over them all. It was enough to make even the most stead fast heart quail. And Roana had extra reason to be hesitant given the last touching she had attended had been for the bloody and terrifying spooky clutch.

"Breath Ro, you got this girl." She muttered encouragement to herself.
As if to prove the words to herself she turned towards Fianth .She bowed low. Respectful and then walked over to the clutch.

Getting within reach of the clutch quickly revved up her excitement past all other emotions. There was nothing quite like touching the mind of a dragon and being an introduction to the babies to the world around them, that was something to cherish. She reached out first for an egg that wasn't too crowded and therefore fairly easy to access. How far I'll go egg also had an over all pleasant and forward personality that she liked and appreciated. A gentle caress to the smooth shell with her rough sea salted hands that still carried the imprint of her seacraft even after spending almost a full turn at the weyr.

Sulamol
High Reaches.

Sul stood at the entrance to the hatching sands for a solid minute, slack jawed and staring. His gaze traveling from the sands and the eggs, over the towering forms of the golds, on up to the high curve of the carved out cave and then back again to the wide spread of multi coloured shells. He couldn't really be blamed, he had only just arrived at the weyr a few days ago on the back of the blue father of the clutch. Now he was seeing a real dragon clutch for the first time. How absolutely fantastic!

Being a stout and loyal sort of fellow he headed straight to the proud dragon parents first Krahsujunth his lady first. He made a solid attempt at a bow, flopping his front half forward so dramatically it looked like he might do a front flip. Luckily the sands held him steady and he was able to raise back to his full impressive height and give an extra acknowledging nod of respect towards Krah. Now it was Rhianth's turn with her brown gentleman. Once again he preformed his stiff and overextended bow.

Formalities out of the way he turned his attentions on to the eggs. After a moments consideration he headed for the Gryffindor egg. It was out to the side so it meant he wasn't plowing his large frame into the middle of the candidates and he was still a little bit unsure about handling the smaller more delicate looking eggs with his meaty miners hands. He rested his hand ontop of the red flush on the shell and spoke. "Hello there little one! Nice to meet you, you know you are the first dragon egg I've ever even got close to so I'm not sure how to go about this but it's all pretty amazing." He was still learning protocol but the candidate master had told them the babies inside the eggs were defiantly aware of them before they hatched so a proper greeting seemed the right way to start.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff