Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[ORP] Heroes & Villains: The Double Clutch Hatching Feast Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:08 am
Amila and green Matoath

Amila was watching Matoath moving, the dragonet more than eager to explore and sort out whom was whom, and smiled a bit at Hars. Matoath was wonderful, and so eager to explore the world -- but it was new for the little one and that wonder passed to her rider -- as if Amila bothered to filter between them. Still, the green had been considering something[/io] when she heard her brother, and Matoath lit up. The dragonet trilled delight, and responded promptly.

That would be lovely. I'm afraid Mine doesn't seem to grasp this is meant to be a social event.

Still, her eyes whirled a deep blue of happiness, and the dragonet moved, pawing Amila with utmost delcacy.

Amila, mine, brother is here, and I should love to show you off to mother as we go to him. Please?

But of course we can go see him my little heart.
Amila smiled, before the rest sank in, and she was about to balk when the dragonet moved, proceeding to cross the room. True to her hopes, the dragonet looked up to Fianth, love and joy on her face. Look, mother! Look at Hers! And could they visit after seeing brother? Matoath did so want to see her parents, just for a little bit of happiness and to share her love and delight. Amila... Was much more cautious, owlishly moving to keep close to her dragonet. Goodness but she wasn't used to her partner putting such pride in her yet -- Matoath was the beautiful and perfect one, but the love was nothing but welcomed and reciprocated, the girl soon placing a hand on Matoath as she watched Fianth as they passed, and then the blonde girl smiled shyly at Zamistia, Matoath creeling a warm greeting to Nanuth, but making no move to interrupt his CLEARLY important words with their cousin. After all, family was important!

Dea and #Teddy#

Uta
Mention, not directly spoken to

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:13 pm
Roana and Green Ulendoth

From start to finish the day had had already been a roller coaster of emotion for poor Roana. After the tragic loss of Ulendoth's sister there had been the whole fiasco with westerns. For several hours she faced the horrifying prospect of being parted from Nicara and her beloved blue without even being able to say goodbye. She had felt unwelcome and unwanted tears p***k the corner of her eyes at the very idea. Then anger had come in strong and undeniable, till cooler heads prevailed and told her to wait for events to unfold.
Even after the decision came down Ro had been forced to seek special dispensation to be able to invite Nicara to the feast.

They had said yes and Ro was thankful, though she bristled with annoyance that it had even been a necessary step because of one stupid bronze. Part of her wondered if High reaches would have kicked up such a fuss for a rude blue or green.

Roana was not the type of women that wore dresses, they were impractical and too loose and feminine for her tastes, but if there was ever a day to step away from her comfort zone it was impression day. Stepping back she contemplated her reflection staring at her from the mirror, turning this way and that. She had chosen a deep green dress to match her new bonded with a brown corset trimmed with gold. The only nod to her pirate heritage was the full set of gold jewlery, thick gold hoops as ear rings. Rings covering every finger and bangles up her arms all topped off with a showy emerald (or cut glass) necklace.

It doesn't matter what you look like, you are already perfect for me and if we hang around here anymore we are going to miss all the fun.
Ulendoth complained, making a show of rolling onto her back and letting her limps flop weakly in a visual show of how the tedium of waiting was draiming the life out of her.

Ro brightened and laughed, walking over to the green, she knelt and rolled her back onto her feet. "Fine, lets go." She told the green outloud. "I think I'm ready for this." Even though each minute was a minute closer to goodbye.

Reinvigorated Ulendoth bulged her baby approval and bounded to the door. Ro opened it and followed after the energetic green into the weyr bowel. Entranced by the lights Ulendoth raced this way and that fully embracing her first real chance to explore her new home.
Roana shivered in the unfamiliar chill of the north wind but Ulendoth didn't seem to notice. As they joined the thick of the crowd Roana looked around for any sigh of Nicara or Dieseth's pale hide, but saw none, so she let her bonded take the lead.
After Ulendoth had sated some of her curiosity looking around the bowel she lead them up to Fianth and Olliah. Ro bowed her head stiffly. After all it had been Fianth that had initially banished all the westerns.
Mother. Ulendoth cooed to the large cold brightly. She stretched her neck up for a soft boop.

You know you really should not have chased away all those people away from Mine just because of one bad dragon you made mine upset with you.

"Ulendoth!" Ro snapped

What? You were.

Yes, but this is not the time or the place for that and if you act out now they might stop Nicara from coming and I so want her to meet you.

Ulendoth's eyes swirled slow and thoughtful before she looked back at Fianth.

Okay, she's not upset with you now....well maybe a little.

Roana could only let out a soft groan. "I'm sorry for the bluntness of my new bonded Junior Weyrwomen Olliah. Fianth. She's still young." If she also wanted to laugh and delight in Ulendoth's show, her boldness and her spirit she hoped it did not show on her face.

Uta

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:27 pm
User Image
Vash and Orath

Orath had decided that sitting around or skirting the main part of the crowd just wouldn't do. So he'd taken it upon himself to start tugging at His' dress to force Vash into mingling. Or at least exploring and making her face known. Something that she wasn't necessarily in agreement with.

"We will have plenty of time to make sure everyone knows us." The redhead tried to reason. "This evening, let's just try to take it easy, okay?"

The little white just tugged at her dress again. Nonsense! Why wait when there are plenty for us to meet now? Putting action to his words, Orath marched them straight up to some of his siblings. One of which caught his eye.
Oh, look, mine! Dropping the hem of His' dress, Orath pranced over to Museth. Greetings, cousin! You look lovely as ever. Mine and I are trying to meet all the people! Maybe even the MOST people! Orath giggled at his own brilliant idea.

Vash, on the other hand, gave the pair Orath had dragged her to an apologetic look. "I-I'm so sorry! He's still learning manners." She reached down to snag the little white before he could run off again. And then took the moment to realize what her sweet Orath had actually done. "Congratulations! Such a lovely little white darling you have." It was so nice to meet one of the other white weyrlings! "I'm Vash. And this is Orath." She introduced them.

---

User Image
V'lik and Raith

Wingleader of Star Flame Wing

Per Raith's suggestion (or reminder after a returned greeting from Junenth), V'lik made more of an effort to at least have a neutral expression on his face. It was challenging, knowing that he could be accomplishing other important things instead of standing around at a party. But, he understood the necessity of it. Which was ultimately why he'd agreed to attend.

You need to get out more, Mine. Raith rumbled.

I get out enough. Every day. When we train. Or run drill exercises-

You need a life.

Refraining from rolling his eyes, V'lik meandered through the crowd, watching all. There were quite the number of hatchlings present. More than he'd every really seen in one gathering. Even his own feast after Impression of Raith hadn't been like this. But then, he suspected it was rare for two queen's to clutch at the same time like this. The Wingleader had to admit, he was impressed. There was definitely a strong relationship between the golden ladies. Now, if only they could find a way to patch up the rocky one some of their shaffing candidates and one particular bronzerider had stirred up.

Rubbing lightly at the back of his neck, V'lik contemplated indulging himself in some of the food available. Before he could make a decision, a familiar face caught his eye. Ah, there was one rider he actually rather respected.

"Danzik." He offered the woman his hand in greeting. "I'm pleased to see at least another capable Westerner with a good solid head about them here." Faranth help him if he caught any of the Western candidates mouthing off or causing a ruckus...

"Are you enjoying the feast thus far?" Small talk. He was not good at it.

Houllow
Orath wanted to say hi to white cousin!

demon_pachabel
V'lik comes to visit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:17 pm
Danzik of Green Eosphoth
Wingsecond of Fire Storm Wing

Danzik took V'lik's hand with a firm grip, even going as far as to offer a smile to the clearly overworked man. It was that way all around, unfortunately, if one was to keep unruly youths in line. "I'm personally fixing to pop the head off of anybody who acts out," she offered sternly, but with a certain warmth to the threat that kept her from coming off as too serious about actually removing a head.

She inclined her head dismissively at the question. "Considering the circumstances, less than I would like to," for a moment, she watched as their Weyrwoman continued her dance with High Reaches' Weyrwoman wrapped in her arms, "and clearly less than Hestina is at the moment." There had been plenty to worry about without the political situation, however. "Our Weyrlings are graduating soon and we should be getting to focus on preparing our wings for new riders, but instead some whelp that flew in on Vimiath's tail a turn ago is causing problems and we'll have to sort out that whole mess."

Which Wingleader even got to take credit for that one? Or was he not even considered up to snuff to fly in a fighting wing yet?

Kyrieko

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:59 pm
Rider Jynnat and Blue Begath

It was her first hatching feast as a full-fledged rider. Jynnat dressed herself well, blue rider though she might be. She couldn’t remember a time when they had so many new weyrlings. She finished the last touches on her clothes and headed down to celebrate.

Weyrling M’ton and Green Zygmuth

M’ton had barely been able to tear his eyes away from his beautiful sleeping green to do the chores that he needed to do before the Feast. The hardest part was coming to terms with all that had happened on the sands after he and Zygmuth had left. There had been multiple injuries and even a death followed by the death of that candidate’s would be dragon. It was depressing.

All the smells coming from the kitchen was maddening and he wondered how Zygmuth could sleep through it. But she did. Maybe it was because she only ate raw meat? Before getting ready he’d fed and oiled Zygmuth again. Dressed in his Gather best, M’ton, as he’d finally decided to shorten his name, gathered up his eagerly waiting green. “It’s time to go to our Feast Zygmuth.”

I’m ready M’ton! The green danced eagerly. The new pair made their way down to the feasting. M’ton rested his hand upon Zygmuth’s head as he listed to Zheria. He was so lucky she’d picked him. He remembering liking her egg when he’d touched it. You were the only one for me, Zygmuth cast an adoring glance toward her rider.

Rider Ly’bur and Brown Hinburath

A certain brown rider was eager for the feast. It was a good chance to observe those who’d impressed this day and those who hadn’t. Ly’bur also liked to see how the older riders reacted to the new weyrlings. It was all interesting. Spiffed up, he headed to the feast as Hinburath found himself a suitable spot to watch as well.

Eveleth is showing favor to those who’d supported during the hatching to that stupid bronze, the brown commented mildly. Ly’bur was particularly interested in the colors between the two clutches. It was unusual to have so many browns and bronzes. And whites. His lip curled a bit as he thought about the 5 whites that had hatched.

Were the two connected possibly? He wondered if there was a way to test his theory. Did having two clutches laid together produce a larger number of browns and bronzes or was it the whites? Neither? So many options here!

Candidate Nalacko

This hatching had been her worst so far. Granted it had only been her second time standing. The maulings, particularly of her friend right in front of her, and deaths, both candidate and dragon had taken a toll on her. She’d kept to herself for most of the day; mainly to sort herself out and avoid her father.

R’iz was probably in the healer’s cavern tonight, instead of the feast. At least she thought he might be. Nala wasn’t sure if she had the courage to face all those people and the new weyrlings. It was just so much to take in in so short a time. But she really wanted to congratulate all those who’d been standing with R’iz too. In the end that was what finally decided her to attend. At least for a little bit.

She pulled on some nice looking clothes, nothing too fancy though. Nala shuffled her feet at the edge as Zheria stood up to talk. She dug her toes into the ground as she spoke to the candidates. Once the speech was over, Nala went to look for those she’d come for. And there was one particular little blue dragon she was hoping to spot and give a quiet thanks to. The first one she spotted was Zamistia and her brown. Nala started to make her slow way toward the pair.

Dea and #Teddy#
Zamistia and Brown Nanuth

SilverLutz
Shar and Green Yulaniath, if she's here?

Rider Banashe and Brown Severith

That had been a wild hatching. Banashe and her brown had been riveted in the stands the whole time. Two clutches, so many dragons and candidates. Things had gotten crazy. She strolled around the feast, congratulating the weyrlings when she spotted them.

Are you looking already Banashemine? The brown sounded amused. They just hatched today you know, give them some time to develop. Oh I know, but it never hurts to start looking early. She laughed and waved the brown off. I can still enjoy myself too tonight. There had been surprisingly few greens and blues, and a huge surprise of whites. Banashe couldn’t remember seeing so many tiny whites in one place.

{{My peeps are open for interactions!}}  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:50 pm
SOUI and WHITE MUSETH

So distracted in her own thoughts was Soui that the sudden arrival of someone nearly startled her into dropping Museth. As it was her arms simply tightened a bit too much around the delicate white, who released a slightly pained (but still elegant) whimper. "Ah, no, um." Mentally she apologized over and over to her dragonet, who simply nuzzled against her face as a sign that all was forgiven. Accidents happened after all, and this was a faintly joyous accident.

Joyous enough of course that Museth never lost her nerve or moment, instead sending a wave of affectionate love to her white cousin. It was wonderful to see another white so early into the feast, and especially one so energetic. It's an admirable goal, Orath, and one I know you will accomplish. There's certainly nothing you can't do. There was nothing wrong with encouragement now was there? Museth believed the words in the base of her hearts and pressed that on to Soui in hopes the girl would respond with the same warmth. These two were now family after all. Yours is quite lovely in her gown. Be careful not to ruin it and make such a wonderful person cry.

"I'm....Soui, and she's Museth. Thank you for the compliment." It was becoming painfully aware that she was simply holding her dragonet while others were walking around, and a quick mental hit about letting her down was passed. Museth declined, opting to spend her time in Soui's arms - for she would outgrow this quickly and did not wish to have regrets over not enough bonding. "No need to be sorry, I'm the one who was lost in thought."

Where was Tsuyat? He had to be there since there was no way her cousin and her twin wouldn't show up. "A...Are you from High Reaches? I came here from Western, but I was born and raised in the Healer Hall."

Kyrieko

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:05 pm
L'ius of Blue Tierth

User Image I feel like I might be a bit...overdressed... L'ius stared at himself in a mirror, turning back to look at where his newly impressed dragonet sat staring up at him with happy whirling eyes. You look great L'iusMine! There was a happy trill that the little blue let out as he moved to nudge his rider. Just like a knightly hero! The infections love and admiration that Tierth sent to him had L'ius turn his eyes from the mirror and watch the little blue. Yeah, you're right Tierth. These also belonged to my father, at least that's what the rider who searched me told me. He had been friends with him. Maybe that's why they were more flamboyant then L'ius was use to. He had only ever worn clothing that his aunt had made for him, and they had been very simple clothing at that. Nothing like this.

Tierth stood up from where he sat and moved towards L'ius gently taking the sleeve of his jacket in his teeth and beginning to pull. Come on L'iusmine! We mustn't be late! Plus I want you to meet Father! L'ius had to laugh as he was bent over walking after Tierth as he let the little blue pull him Please be gentle strong knight! I promise I won't cause any harm. Tierth let out another trill of happiness letting go of L'ius sleeve as he did so, before he trotted off towards the Feast, L'ius trailing after him.

--------------

There are so many people here L'iusmine! Tierth watched everyone that was around them as they neared, though the little blue was keeping an eye out for a certain brown. He is here somewhere Tierth, don't worry about it. L'ius placed a hand on Tierth's head as the little blue continued to look around Father! Are you here?! I want you to meet my L'ius!

Uta
Tierth looking for daddy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr'cul of Blue Harneth

User Image "This is a waste of time...Harneth..." Dr'cul's words were bored as he moved into the Feast where everyone was gathered. Harneth had insisted that his rider go to the Feast especially since he had missed the hatching. The blue had watched the hatching and relayed what he saw to his rider and had been a bit unimpressed by Dr'cul's lackluster response.

It is only good manners. We were celebrated for our impression and they deserve the same courtesy. Harneth was perched outside, watching as the new hatchlings began to trail in to the feast. The amount of different colors was interesting to him, the amount of browns but it was the amount of whites that was very interesting. They reminded him of his younger brother Baihath, of course that made him wish that he could see his Western family. After what that bronze from Western had done, that would be more difficult to do.

Are you alright? Dr'cul could feel the slight sadness that was starting to filter in through their bond. Just..missing my siblings at Western. The man couldn't help but sigh softly as he sent a rush of love towards his dragon and it helped to bring Harneth's mood back to where it had been.

'anyone'
Anyone is free to approach Dr'cul or Harneth.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:05 pm
Nicara and Diesteth

User ImageThis was certainly grand, to call it anything else would be to further insult High Reaches and truly there was no other description that might fit the festivities that Nicara could make out below her as Diesteth descended. After careful consideration she had been allowed to attend the Feast that was being thrown to honor all the new lives and matches made this day. It was a proud day to be sure, so many new dragons to help defend Pern, so many new bonds and bright futures. And deep losses as well.

She hadn't forgotten the boy who'd been ripped down senselessly, nor the small green that had hatched searching only for his heart alone. Though there were over sixty new pairs made on the sands and even in the stands that day, even one lost was heartbreaking.

That wasn't why she was here though. Landing gently, her big blue turned one orange tinged and brightly yellowed eye towards her as she slid down from the straps. Diesteth could feel the undercurrent around him and though he'd been more than thrilled with his opportunity to see Roana one last time, just as she had, it was uncomfortable to his sensitivities. "Don't let it get to you too greatly, love. They've lost painfully today and were deeply insulted. This is not meant for you or I no matter how it feels. I know you won't relax, but it's one last time. Just this once?" Nicara's hands reached up and pulled his muzzle against her gently, head pressed just before the first ridge on his great pale head. This tension should not be. We fight the same enemy in the same sky. Sadness tinged his voice painfully, though he knew there were reasons far beyond the defense of Pern and it's people that had brought this about.

Some fought different enemies after all.

Pulling away slowly, Nicara ran her hand across his forehead to the end of his soft nose and cast her gaze out over those gathered. Tables and tables of food, music and laughter, there were those already dancing and some that merely hung about the edges carefully. Where was that flash of bright red hair that always made her heart beat a bit faster? She could see her Weyrwoman speaking to High Reaches own as well, Zheria, an imposing pair the two of them made but she only marked their location in her mind to keep an eye. She had never been a trouble maker, in fact before she had met Roana on Search she had only ever given her entire heart and soul to Western Weyr to fight Thread. Only on occasion even playing her violin for personal reasons that generally involved her feelings during flights. Nothing more than a cog that did it's very best to do it's job, anything less than perfect being utter failure.

Little more than a turn ago she wouldn't have ever imagined herself even in this current situation, willing to step out in a dress at High Reaches directly after the consequences of the Hatching had been presented to the riders of Western Weyr. In fact she'd have called herself a fool for standing amidst such tumult to say goodbye to the only person she could call 'family' on all of Pern despite Diesteth and her Wing.

She didn't want it to be 'goodbye'. It should have been something closer to "I'll see you soon." But the iron curtain that would fall between them both soon enough would put them further than an ocean apart from one another. Call it anxiety, but she Nicara couldn't stop the thoughts that swirled through her as she searched.

For his part Diesteth was attempting to find Roana as well, but his attention was split between looking as harmless and as small as possible near so many High Reaches dragons and looking for the redhead with her newly bonded green. Every muscle in his body was tense as he watched his rider walk hesitantly along the edges of the Feast, not wanting to look as though she were any trouble of any kind in light of recent events. Her anxieties were his own, but he was doing his level best to comfort rather than make it worse and he knew finding Ro would be the best comfort of all so he craned his neck up slightly and looked about with his yellow eyes.

Sinders Path

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:22 pm
Andrestia and Brown Eith with D’mos of Bronze Phaeth

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The feast was now under full swing, a few people had offered up their congratulations to the new rider and her lovely brown dragon who seemed to adore the attention. The feeling was unfamiliar almost to her, if anyone had noticed her before it had only been to how much Andrestia had resembled her brothers and father. Even as the soft blue eyes glanced around what she could of the hall the she couldn’t find the face of her father, it wasn’t unexpected though considering but there was some hope somewhere lingering he would have at least spoken to her at all.

Andrestiamine what is wrong? Are you waiting on someone? He nosed the palm of her hand as she kneeled down to scratch along his eye ridges.

”I was just hoping, but I don’t think he is coming.” A sighed followed it as she scooped him up into her arms. ”It’s ok.” Or it will all eventually work itself out, the myriad of emotions would settle and even though it wasn’t what she had hoped Eith was amazing and more importantly her’s and her’s alone.

”Andrestia.” The familiar voice called out over the music as the blonde turned to see the growing familiar face

”D’mos!” Andrestia smiled before weaving through the crowd to greet him, it wasn’t who she had expected but some part of her was glad he found her at the feast.

”D’mos! Did you watch the hatching? It was so much fun! What did A’es say? Did you want…” A hundred words came pouring out as her eyes almost seemed to sparkle with joy.

D’mos on the other hand just folded his arms across his chest carrying an expression as if expecting something, even in feast wear the blonde was a striking figure and with Andrestia standing near him the resemblance was obvious. Next to him stood another rider, someone unfamiliar to Andrestia but was just as handsome.

“Oh, yes.” She gave a quick but elegant curtsy to them both before holding up her arm as Eith perched along glancing between the two. “This is Eith.” The dragonet gave a little flourish of a head bow as if mimicking his rider’s greeting to the bronze riders.

Finally easing into a smile D’mos relaxed, or as much as the man could without losing his composure as he held out a hand to give the brown a few scratches along his jaw. He had to admit even though it wasn’t a metallic it was still a rather dazzling brown and Andrestia could have done far worse in the hatching. “I did watch the whole hatching and I have to admit I was surprised you impressed considering this was your first.”

Eith cooed at the man before as he pulled away returning to his spot on Andrestia shoulders to watch with some peaked curiosity. ”As for A’es… he left after your impression without a word to me, I suspect that he paid his respects and then left…. I’m sorry.” His voice was heavy with sympathy as was his discomfort, apologizing was not his strong suit nor was covering for a man who strived for nothing but perfection regardless the cost.

Andrestia looked to the ground her hands folding over as tears threaten to spill over the corner of her eyes, it wouldn’t be good to cry, not at the feast, not with all the effort she had put to dress herself up. ”I understand.”

”This is L’zar, the two of you haven’t formally met but we are both proud of you and of Eith.” He looked to the bronzerider on his right as he mustered up an awkward smile, maybe unsure of how to handle tears.

”L’zar this is my sister Andrestia.” The words still unfamiliar to his lips as he spoke them outloud, to himself and the others.

baby_gwing

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:24 pm
Euryale

Euryale sniffled a bit more into A'star, taking comfort in that he was feeling just as busted up over things as she was. Of course she was proud, her son had Impressed after all, but now he was trapped at High Reaches for who knew how long? Five turns was bad enough, but if relationships stayed bad between Weyrs it could be forever.

....probably not forever though, because if such a thing were to come to pass the greenrider would likely challenge High Reaches to a fist fight over the sake of visiting rights of her baby boy. That's right, the entire Weyr.

"Thh-he-he-he girls can at least ke-kekeep in touch, but what if his dragon doesn't want to talk?? An-and even then we won't be able to hear - oh no." Euryale's face scrunched up with a fresh wave of sadness. "We're not going to get to hear his squeaky voice changes!!! AAaassstarrrr."

It was probably for the best that Yu'star (and Aryale) were nowhere around, safe in a hole.

---------

Yu'star and Bronze Nevidenth

Nevidenth wasn't sure to make of this sudden interloper whose hand upon his head was welcomed despite his best efforts to act surly. The way she spoke and carried herself was so much like His that it was clear of the relation, not to mention how Yu'star spoke and tugged at him. He huffed at her wrist, letting out warm baby breath against her flesh, and for a moment or two his eyes whirled merrily at her compliment.

He was indeed a good dragon and oh wait you're in the hole, just like His. Was this some sort of thing family did together? Was Yu'star excluding him from this by telling him to stay outside? Hey, how come she can get in when I can't?? Not fair, Mine. He paced and honked, having pulled himself back up from his seated position; his tail was none worse for the wear and he swung it around like an irritated canine. Let me down there with you two.

"Nevidenth." Yu'star's words were muffled as he leaned into Aryale's hug, all the while smiling at the banter from his lifemate. It was sad his sister couldn't hear it - for the most part he always thought at least Theath made a point to talk to everyone when she spoke - and so he opted to play messenger. "He thinks that we're not being fair by being in here with him up there." He gave his sister a stronger squeeze before pushing back and looking up. "She's only down here because you're not strong enough- "

Yet.

"....yet to pull me out. Plus she's good at this, we've been doing it all our lives."

So she has a couple of turns head start on me. Nevidenth leaned closer and looked at the woman, his eyes still happy and merry. Guess it's a good thing I'm a fast learner then. Yu'star sighed and relayed the message.

demon_pachabel

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:28 pm
User Image
Vash and Orath

Orath was so pleased to have chosen Museth to meet with! She was such a nice white lady. Just what he figured His needed right now. Thank you! The little white may have preened just a tiny bit at the affectionate agreement. I keep trying to tell Mine that, but she doesn't believe me just yet! He worbled in amusement, nuzzling his person as he settled himself back in her arms. For now anyways.

Vash felt even worse when she noticed they really had startled the other girl. Oh Faranth! Hopefully this wasn't going to be how her whole night went?

"It's very nice to meet you, Soui. And Museth." She added, looking at the lovely white in the other girls arms. So tiny. Just like Orath. Faintly, she wondered just how big they might actually grow? She had seen white dragons before. But never really paid much attention to their size. Beyond the small white creatures. "I really am sorry that Orath startled you. And you are quite welcome!" The redhead laughed a little. "I keep finding myself lost in thought here and there. It's so strange, realizing that we've got these little magnificent creatures to call ours."

Magnificent. Yes we are! Orath crooned, twisting his head to regard his cousin. I swear I won't ruin it. I'll be careful. He really did take Museth's words to hearts. He'd be so devastated if he ruined Vash's gown! Especially one that was pretty.

Have you met with any of our other cousins and siblings? They weren't too hard to find. And he was determined to see how many he could introduce.

The redhead looked at Soui surprised. She didn't recognize her and yet... "Oh! I'm actually from Western myself. But I was raised in a small cothold in Rivercrest." A fellow Western candidate! How exciting. And it suddenly made High Reaches feel a little less intimidating.

---

User Image
V'lik and Raith
Wingleader of Star Flame Wing

There was something that may have approached a smile that flashed across V'lik's features before disappearing. But there was certainly a snort of amusement. "Aye. Can't deny I'm feelin' the same. That or I'll feed'm to Raith. Maybe he'll get indigestion." What was that saying? Two wherries one stone?

Well, there was something they were in agreement with. His gaze traveled along once more, merely pausing on the sight of their Weyrwoman and that of High Reaches' dancing. She was woman enough to do what she pleased. Curious, though, was her choice in apparel. Trying to stand out? Make a point? He wasn't sure. Perhaps he'd inquire about it later. "Well, I suppose it's good that at least one of us enjoys themselves. Faranth knows I'll be happy to be back in my weyr." Not that he had anything against High Reaches. Faranth, he'd be just as miserable at Western too.

Studying some of the candidates nearby, he gave the Wingsecond a thoughtful look. "Indeed we will." He mused. Ah, the soon to be graduates. There was something else he needed to consider and work into the Wing's routines. And he'd need to see just what these new young whelps were capable of.

V'lik sighed through his nose. "Faranth help whoever gets stuck with handling that one." He muttered, watching as more of the little hatchlings seemed to run off towards the golden queen.

houllow

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:42 pm
Ce'rian & green Cythereath
He had Impressed.

The day had been a mix of emotion for the strawberry-blond. After Cythereath and he had left the Hatching Sands, he had fed the delicate lady, oiled her thoroughly, and then the pair had promptly gone to the Barracks and crashed. He hadn't meant to sleep, of course, but resting with his darling close to him, listening to her breathe, feeling the echo of her very being within him... It lulled him.

He was safe with her. He was never without a defender, never without someone who would lift him up. She loved him without judgment; loved him without comparing him to someone else. In fact, out of everyone in the Sands, he had come to win the day. He had found his most perfect match, and he would never let someone say a word against her. He knew that green riders had a bit of a poor reputation in High Reaches Weyr. It was considered somehow lesser if a green Impressed to you. And yet... To have such a beautiful darling by his side; to have such love within her, such confidence, such acceptance. There was no way the power of Impression was somehow lesser just because she was green. Never, in all his life, had Ce'rian felt so accepted by another. It was enough to bring him to tears... but pride, at least, kept them from falling.

So Ce'rian and Cythereath prepared for the Feast. Neither were in a rush. It took time to look good, and he hadn't had reason to wear such finery in some time. Green was often in his warddrobe given his red locks, so it wasn't hard to fashion a tasteful outfit to compliment the pale darling next to him. Unfortunately, he didn't have pale greens... But that would change. Or at least, he would ensure he would buy custom clothes to draw out some of his beloveds subtler colors. We shall make the prettiest pair. The dragon gave a small sigh, leaning against hers as he brushed off a few (non-existant) wrinkles. He looked back at the mirror with a critical eye and his usual frown; he did rather wish he had something a bit more in-fashion, but he had been forced to pack light for their stay at High Reaches Weyr, and he'd been forced to pick heavier clothing.

Still... He had Pern's most darling green at his side--he'd wear styles that were decades old if it meant he got to be with her. "No doubt you'll turn every eye," he mused, letting his gaze drift away from the mirror to look down at the pale green. Part of him might have wished to introduce her to D'mar and G'ryl but...well. He doubted any of them would truly notice his absence. He was a High Reaches riders now, after all.

The green looked up at him and gave a gentle trill. To think you had once pined after a blue... Now you'll thinking of nothing but me. Right? The little one turned a blue-green eye up at Hers, and offered a pitiful creel. For once in her life, she wasn't entirely manipulating or fishing for compliments; she absolutely wanted to ensure that Hers truly did love her best.

The man let himself smile, well and truly for a change, and leaned down offer the green a kiss upon her nose. "You shall be the center of my world, it's beginning, and its end, m'lady. Now, let's bring a bit of class to High Reaches Weyr, shall we?" If nothing else, they would certainly bring a bit of snobbery and haughtiness to their Weyrling Wing. Perhaps High Reaches would have more interesting and intriguing people than Western Weyr. It was a larger Weyr, after all... Surely, he might make some fine connections here.

With that, the two headed towards the feast to mingle.

By the time they arrived -- he had indeed given a bow to Fianth and Olliah as they passed -- the party seemed to be in full swing. There were people all over amassed within the Dining Hall. Some in large groups, others alone. While the spread of food was tempting--Ce'rian was actually rather hungry--he knew that Cythereath did so terribly want to mingle with others. Certainly, a few eyes might fall appreciatively upon her? The little green stuck close to Hers, as she was a rather dainty little green... and it was a bit much for even a day old Hatchling. Still, her eyes whirled a bright-blue for now... And she kept looking up at those they passed.

Cythereath was waiting, world... Now where was her adoring crowd? The Hatching's sweetest darling was here. Surely, someone had to care...

Quote:
Totally open before I force them on someone, haha.

----
S'del
Sure enough, by the time he made it to where the klah was kept, a familiar face was already there. So much for surprising him with a couple mugs of his favorite drink. "Beat me to the table, I see," he spoke up as he drew near, resisting the urge to reach out and take his hand, or to pull him into his arms. "Enjoying your drink?" He asked with a small smile and a tilt of his head.

If he drank in the sight of the other, well... Nobody had to really know.

I know. Kindeth spoke up happily, pleased that his rider hadn't thought of that. But I won't tell. Promise. The bronze hastily assured, wanting His to know that he would never, ever, tell his secrets. Not at all. Nope. Not even Silmarath.

S'del was grateful his bronze at least could keep his secrets, especially when they pertained to A'ye. He knew the greenrider was a bit more aloof; and he didn't know how he truly felt about him. And yet... Today...This afternoon. When it was just the two of them in his weyr; when they had dozed off together. Shards, he hadn't wanted to get up and leave. In fact, if S'del had had his way they would have still been there instead of here....

But.

Well.

Clearly it was time to sort things out. Time to see how A'ye truly felt or at least, to ensure, that he was interested in him. He didn't want to be just flight buddies or friends with benefits. He wanted... He wanted something more. "You wouldn't... You wouldn't want to dance, would you?" So maybe they should have eaten first, but food was the last thing on his mind right now. There was music playing, and Faranth knew A'ye subsisted on klah alone. Besides, dancing meant pulling A'ye back into his arms, and that...

That was more tempting than any treat the Weyr could offer.

houllow

[I AM SORRY! Ugh. ;0; It is late and I am a zombie. I promise C'lusi will show up tomorrow, and Eveleth will respond to Hesperith, and Fianth to all 800 of you. I DON'T MEAN TO BE A ROADBLOCK. ;0; ]

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:56 pm
User ImageUser Image
raelin and green saith

It was Saith's first winter, and she was having a terrible time of it. High Reaches had the decency to be not so sweltering during the summer, but now as the days grew shorter and the winds gained a bite, the mellow green found it harder and harder to not get fussy about the weather. As such, Raelin was not the only one who came dressed warmly for the celebration: Saith sported warm cloth "boots" that covered her delicate claws, which had delighted her enough to want to test them out in public.

Raelin just wanted to stop hearing about the cold already.

Dipping through groups and dance partners, she took only a small plate of snacks and a hot drink before joining her fellow senior weyrling. "Time really flies, huh?" she noted as she sat down. "Scoping out who's gonna be a familiar face at the healers? Already know I am."

Saith, meanwhile, made a cautious landing between several dragons, her clothed feet skidding slightly. Was it ice? Her choice of accessories? She wiggled her claws experimentally before making her way to her brother. It will be okay, Harneth. Mother will watch over them for us, she said with serene confidence. One would think Western will shape up in the interim. They won't be living this down any time soon.

BastetAmun

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:51 am
Danzik of Green Eosphoth
Wingsecond of Fire Storm Wing

"Unfortunately that's exactly why it's better we're here," Danzik agreed solemnly, knowing fully well that better faces than ones who spoke louder than they should have needed to show themselves here. "I'm sure there is at least some off the cuff celebration of some variety happening at home, though." One didn't get so ready to Feast without compensating when it was taken away.

Her lips tightened at the thought of the offending bronze being tapped into her wing. "Maybe they'll give him to me," she half smiled as she spoke, clearly entertaining the thought a bit farther than most may have. "Teach him a two hour hatching is not the most exhausting thing he'll ever see."

She watched the newly impressed dragons fondly, crossing her arms with a slight incline of her head. "Hard to remember when Eosphoth was that small," she noted, even though it was easy to recall that moment when the little green - that final, little green - had toddled over, so ready to be hers. Eosphoth brightly nudged her rider mentally in response.

Raith? Where have you settled? Can you hear the music too? Eosphoth was the image of a content feline, her legs tucked underneath her as she leaned in close to one of the harpers with whirling blue and purple eyes.

Kyrieko

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:11 am
El'k of Blue Aonanith

This was it. The feast to celebrate their Impression - the day when El'k ceased being a Candidate and would wake up tomorrow to begin his training as a junior weyrling of High Reaches. In the end, he didn't manage to impress a metallic unlike Sa'do and his brother though that didn't mean that he loved Aonanith any less. The small chubby blue was the sweetest kindred soul he had ever come across and he would be damned if he shunned him because of something as trivial as his colour.

After paying their respects to Fianth and Olliah, they helped themselves to some of the roast meat for a start before making their way through the crowd to see if they could find some familiar faces to mingle with. His parents and brother would be here - that was a given. Hopefully Sa'do and Rynsaith would be able to make it too. Glancing about himself, Aonanith perked up as soon as he spotted a familiar blond figure who was dressed in a very elegant blue-grey dress. Ooh ooh ooh... there's that lady whom you were with on the sand earlier today Mine. He tugged on El'k's hand, eager to go over and say hello to Andrestia and her newly bonded.

As soon as the pair approached Andrestia and the men whom she was currently engaged in conversation with however, it became clear to Aonanith that something was very very wrong. Quickening his steps so that he could reach Andrestia's side as soon as possible, Aonanith eagerly pressed his snout into her hand, his eyes now a pale yellow as the dragonet reached out to her to try to understand what exactly was wrong. Are you alright? Did these men bully you?

stella cinere

Mr Cheri

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas