Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Holds & Halls
[ORP] Buried Treasure (Flitter Hatching!) [all done!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 3:38 pm
Helane had been sitting quietly, trembling with the effort to keep quiet and not scare the flits. She noticed others actually holding out bits of meat towards the flits, so decided to stop sitting off to the back quietly, instead she shuffled forwards on the sand, leaned her elbows into her lap and held out a chunk of meatroll in her hand, just in front of her, hoping to tempt one into her lap, where she sat, legs crossed as if she was a toddler in the creche again. Every so often having to stretch her arms, because the effort of keeping still and quiet was making her muscles tense.  
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 3:40 pm
BastetAmun

Her eyes turned back to Atalith, smiling slightly at the bronze. She was almost sober, almost. I'm trying, Atalith. I'm really trying. I never thought I'd even come this far.... A part of her hoped that once she was all better, she'd be able to go to a weyr...be a candidate like the Bronze had once suggested. Maybe....she could do some good with her life now. Fingers moved to twine slightly with R'tansky's, gaze turning back out to the flits with a tiny smile as she nudged a sweetroll closer, "I promise. I'm doing my best to try to make it through the little ones all finding their people."  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 4:17 pm
Azrael of Brown Eldwinth

The brown dragon saw the woman long before his bonded did and he could not help the deep rumble of a laugh as he saw the interaction. If it had been anyone else he knew his Azrael would have reacted poorly but there was something curious about this young weyrbound rider.

Feeling lips against his cheek through the material of his bandanna had Azrael play a sour note on the violin as he pulled it down looking over at the offender. There was a bit of relief that showed in his blue eyes that had started off cold and the crinkle of them showed a soft smile formed.

"It's good to see you again Wione." A deep throaty chuckle was heard as he shook his head some. "All you have to do is ask." He was rather proud of his talent playing instruments and the violin was his favorite.

His eyes flicked over towards the eggs away from Wione for a moment, taking note that several others had already bonded. "It is nice having one, if they are well behaved like Minuet and not Forte." He shook his head some. "Eldwinth believes I could use another assistant for my show and when done right people do enjoy seeing firelizards enchanted with music."

"How have you been?"

ShinosBee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

R'tansky of Bronze Atalith

Waves upon waves of reassurance were sent to Lila as Atalith watched the pair. You are doing great. He was proud of how she had changed and even beginning to think about what he had told her in passing. He still believed she could be a good candidate, such a loving heart in there.

You aren't a dragon of a weyr Atalith. Even if you sense it she would need to be fully better, ready and searched by one of their dragons. With how High Reaches had tightened up their searches after their last hatching he didn't know if she would be welcomed there at the moment.

There is always stands impression. I did hear a gold recently rose at Western.

We will talk about it later, at another time and ask her how she feels.

He had turned his attention towards the eggs watching a few of the flits already moving off to other offerings. "Even if you can't make it don't worry. There are a lot of people here, it's making me nervous."

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Teiha generated a random number between 1 and 27 ... 20!
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 4:26 pm
1. R'tansky (BastetAmun)
2. T'nus (houllow)
3. Wione (ShinosBee)
4. N'ran (tatterpixie)
(winner) Melhaika (dawns_aura)
(winner) Kinye (demon_pachabel)
5. Lila (-_Wish of Tevarae_-)
6. Veikel (houllow)
(winner) Aroontwa (faesinger)
7. Stormy (medigel)
8. Karone (Teiha)
9. Grumioll (Teiha)
Kallian (Mr Cheri)
10. Lusialu (Uta)
11. Mirce (houllow)
12. Nalacko (magnadearel)
13. Banashe (magnadearel)
(winner)Tuelarua (Prism Shine)
Bisera (Prism Shine)
(winner) Y’mar {Mr Cheri)
14. Syrenthie (Milady Emerald)
15. Qiana (Sweet Symmetry)
16. J’lar (Uta)
17. Keleres (Sweet Symmetry)
18. Edalla (Dea and #Teddy#)
19. Ash’il (Dea and #Teddy#)
20. Onyx (sariraii)
21. Nyrida (sariraii)
22. Bukichi (Tsunake)
23. Azrael (BastetAmun)
24. Helane (Revel1984)
25. O’len (Smerdle)
26. P’tius (Andranis)
27. Haveli (houllow)  

Teiha

Teiha

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 4:42 pm
Quite suddenly, a gold firelizard appeared in the air above the crowd with her fair of three greens, a blue, and a bronze. Each carried a fish or other bit of food in its claws… and each startled and dropped the precious meat as they saw what awaited them below. The gold shrieked angrily, instantly riling up her airborne family. They began flying at people, tugging shirts and hair and flaring their wings, but did not actually hurt anyone, for fear of the dragons who were present. They were trying their darndest to scare these intruders away from the nest site, though!

Oblivious to the goings-on above, one of the hungry babies struck off toward a pair of Big Things who smelled of something delicious. One of them was still, but the other waved the delicious meat so enticingly that the hatchling was unable to resist snapping at it. Onyx was just a few scraps away from winning the little fellow over!

User Image

sariraii
Colored by Smerdle!

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 4:47 pm
P'tius and brown Lennoth

A startled sound came from P'tius, as the gold mother appeared from between and began going after people. Shards, this was already feeling a bad idea! He raised his unoccupied arm to ward the adult flits off, letting out a bit of an angry sound. "Oh, we mean you no harm!"

Near by, Lennoth only snorted and let out a sound that could only be described as a laugh.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 4:53 pm
T'nus

T'nus groaned inwardly at the arrival of a golden firelizard and its court. It would make sense that such a large assortment of eggs would not have been properly abandoned, and Minimuth agreed as such. A small piece of T'nus wondered if his dragon had been aware of the parents the entire time, but such information would not have been kept from him if it were known. Minimuth kept very few secrets from his rider, mostly due to being terrible at it.

It seemed as though the small beasts knew not to outright injure folks as they grabbed at clothing and hair, so the Candidatemaster Second decided not to make a move. If anyone were to become truly distressed then he would step in, but until that point in time this could be considered an excellent learning opportunity. Perhaps from here forward the children would exhaust all options before making an assumption that might lead to injury. Don't bother with the little ones, my love. They're acting instructors today.

Minimuth rumbled softly but followed the request.

----

Veikel

Oh no, here came the horde!

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 4:59 pm
Aryale

"Usually, if they're gold. A green may abandon her nest," so were these...green clutches? She idly considered it before sudden havoc descended from the sky.

Shards.

Aryale reached out to grab Bukichi's shoulder as the gold and her entourage came, "Maybe you should be closer to the ground right now," the young woman urged, already preparing herself to stand protectively over him if she had to. She would not have angry parents undoing all her hard work to help him with his 'giant predator' reservations.

Though as much as she would have liked otherwise, she did have to swat one angry parent away from her face as it flared defensively at her - more show than threat, really.

Tsunake

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 5:22 pm
Bukichi

Oh.

The man didn't hesitate to begin to crouch per her instruction--only to realize that Aryale herself had no intention of doing the same. He frowned, recoiling as one of the flitters sized his shirt with sharp claws and gave it a fierce tug before driving it off with gentle swats of his hands. "I'll stand," He said grimly, stepping a little bit in front of her as she drove off another angry parent. She was smaller than he was, and though he noted that no firelizard seemed to have drawn blood yet.... Well, it would be very, very easy to rake those claws across an eye.

His fists were raised defensively, ready to use his forearms to block his face if he needed to, but Bukichi had no intention of backing down. It was instinct, pure and simple, though his mind did point out that these were parents simply trying to protect their brood. An admirable, expected trait.

"Should we leave them?" He asked Aryale, his eyes darting everywhere as he tried and failed to keep track of the flying flitts.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 5:22 pm
Her eyes danced with mirth at his strong reaction, though she didn’t so much as flinch when he turned an initial glare upon her. Without hesitation she leaned in against him, the hand not full of her purloined jerky wrapping casually but intimately across his back. “Just say the word and you’ll come sailing in to serenade me? Promise?” She very well might request it, if she thought he’d come by. The Weyr wasn’t his home, of course, but she did so enjoy his company... She made a few hopeful burbles at the passing hatchling before it seemed to pick which offered food it wanted the most, leaving her to click her tongue and turn her interest back to the rest—and the man beside her.

“Findith thinks they’re adorable. Like hatchlings, and she wouldn’t stop saying we should have one. I know she’ll indulge it though, which means I’ll have to train it, do all the work...” It came out half a pout, and indeed the thought of effort wasn’t a pleasure to her... but still she kept on trying to coax one in her direction, their direction. “And they’re useful. Even Forte’s a cute little guy, Findith is always trying to get him to stay with us when he comes for a visit.”

“We’ve been good. Really good, actually. Western’s doing well, and even with thread,” another half-whine, as if thread was more of an irritant, rain on her otherwise sunny life, “Things are pretty nice. Killakeeth rose, I don’t know if you had heard, off on the road—one of the golds? So there’ll be eggs soon enough. A brown caught her too! Not as lovely as yours, but still a nice one, I think. A shame you weren’t in the area then...” She shrugged. “How about with you, with the circus? Where did Eldwinth have to fly you in from this time?” It would have been nice to have him around more. In her bed again, this time without it being made of sand. Hearing his violin and that handsome, throaty laugh...

Her mental wanderings were scattered by the arrival of the gold and her flock, and in an instant she’d released her hold on the man, lifting her arm to ward them off, especially any seeming keen to tug at people’s clothes or bandanas. “Poor things think we’re here to steal their babies... though I guess we are, aren’t we?”
BastetAmun

ShinosBee

Nerd

Teiha

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 5:24 pm
Karone

“Feed him until he stops looking for more,” he told her. “That’s how I handled Liya when she hatched.” He grinned, remembering how much fun it’d been to Impress the little green, and how it’d been the perfect end to that strange, strange Turnover. Yes, a second flit would be excellent just now, especially because he’d have a friend raising hers along with him this time, if he could manage it! He crouched again and renewed his efforts to attract one of the little hatchlings—until the gold mother appeared and suddenly adult firelizards seemed to be everywhere. He swatted them away with one hand if they came too near, stubbornly holding the meat out with his other.

demon_pachabel

Teiha generated a random number between 1 and 25 ... 1!
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 5:25 pm
1. R'tansky (BastetAmun)
2. T'nus (houllow)
3. Wione (ShinosBee)
4. N'ran (tatterpixie)
(winner) Melhaika (dawns_aura)
(winner) Kinye (demon_pachabel)
5. Lila (-_Wish of Tevarae_-)
6. Veikel (houllow)
(winner) Aroontwa (faesinger)
7. Stormy (medigel)
8. Karone (Teiha)
9. Grumioll (Teiha)
Kallian (Mr Cheri)
10. Lusialu (Uta)
11. Mirce (houllow)
12. Nalacko (magnadearel)
13. Banashe (magnadearel)
(winner)Tuelarua (Prism Shine)
Bisera (Prism Shine)
(winner) Y’mar {Mr Cheri)
14. Syrenthie (Milady Emerald)
15. Qiana (Sweet Symmetry)
16. J’lar (Uta)
17. Keleres (Sweet Symmetry)
18. Edalla (Dea and #Teddy#)
19. Ash’il (Dea and #Teddy#)
(winner) Onyx (sariraii)
Nyrida (sariraii)
20. Bukichi (Tsunake)
21. Azrael (BastetAmun)
22. Helane (Revel1984)
23. O’len (Smerdle)
24. P’tius (Andranis)
25. Haveli (houllow)  

Teiha

Teiha

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 5:42 pm
The hatchling hissed in frustration as yet another morsel of food was yanked out of reach. It’d been trying to snatch anything that was edible, but the adult firelizards’ efforts at frightening the Big Things away was also frightening the food away! It continued further away from the nest it’d been shelled in, creeling in loud, pathetic tones while avoiding moving feet.

When the newborn finally found something good to eat, it gobbled up the offering so fast that it nearly choked. Afterward, it sat back on its haunches, flared its still-drying wings, and let out a heartfelt trill of thanks…which trailed off into another sad creel of hunger. Please, R’tansky, give her more!

User Image

BastetAmun

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 5:47 pm
Aryale

Aryale frowned as Bukichi got up again, shouldering him roughly. "It's fine, I got this. Focus on the little ones. Their parents shouldn't hurt us..." Hopefully. Especially with the dragons around - though she could feel Humble fretting and wanting to come back to her over nerves.

"You focus on the little guys, hmm?" she placed a hand gently on his arm and offered a smile.

----

Kinyegele

"Okay! I'm lucky you know so much about this - I'm completely unprepared," Kinye smiled brightly up at her friend, before turning her attention back to the little bronze, softly talking to him. "So, little friend, think you have a sibling that will come for Karone?" she asked, offering another bite of food into greedily grabbing claws. The little bronze peeped at her appreciatively before beginning to chew on it. "You think so?" she smiled, resting her arms on her knees.

She was distracted enough with the little guy that she all but missed the swooping parents, looking up with a small frown as they flew at other's who were waiting on their own. The little bronze flared his wings in a mimic of the older fliers, cheeping at them in some mimic of their cries before his attention was on food once again.

Tsunake

Teiha

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 5:47 pm
Tuelarua

Oh, the little flitters were scuttling out every which way. They were amusing to watch, seeing them wander or zoom to a person who offered a morsel. It was something she’d have to sketch down once they were all hatched, so no detail would be quite lost. The sketches she’d jotted down after the double clutch touching and hatching.

But a small blue caught her eye, darting to cover near her. He looked the world over unsettled--by the noise, by the amount of people? But when he darted out, nabbing the meat out of her hand and back to cover, Tuelarua couldn’t help but smile. “It’s okay, little one. Here, have some more.” The red head shifted to kneel closer to the little blue’s hiding place, hand stretched out so the distance was miniscule. It seemed to work, as the little flitter seemed more at ease taking more and more nibbles from her piece. “There we go.. See? Nothing too scary.” Her voice soft, soothing. Little by little she coaxed him out to see the soft blue color of his hide. “There we go, Sky.” The firelizard perked slightly, a small bubbling chirp rising out of him.

But the angry shrieking of the returning firelizard faire sent him creeling, darting into Tuelarua’s lap for cover. Sky’s small talons scrambled for purchase, until he dove into the open flap of her side bag for cover. Well, that was.. Okay. With a gentle nod and a warm hand gently pressing the bag to her side to keep it from swinging, Tuela stood to take a step or two away from the commotion -- hoping being away from the commotion would calm her new little firelizard.  
[IC RP] Holds & Halls

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff