Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Khamaith Touching] Believe in Something Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:15 pm
Amahno - He/Him

As though he didn't have his own delight to contend with, now he was just filled to the brim with the utter elation that poured out from the egg under his palm - and Amahno all but shook with laughter, radiating delight at all the feeling outpouring from the unhatched dragon. He was having a really good time.

He didn't want to leave that warm bundle of feelings - it was wonderful. "And what a good time it will be, little friend!" how he wanted to linger, and he'd run his hand along the egg as he circled to finally part from it. "I will be ready for all of those adventures, if you'll have them next we see each other!" Assuming nobody was upset that he was perhaps a bad influence on the excitable little one.

Oh, he missed it already, but he brought nothing but joy and good energy on to Rose, putting his palm on the nearby egg. "What about you? Do you want to go on adventures too?"
------

Fahn - She/Her

Fahn beamed delightedly. I'll tell them you sent me! she let the Yellow Swirl egg know as she stepped away - though it was more of a backwards hop, her grin unfaltering as she moved around the eggs to find one that fit that description. Purple Glitter was impossible to miss, and Fahn put her hand on it confidently, all excitement to meet it.

Aha! Yellow Swirl told me I should come meet you and I can already see why!

But really, she couldn't see more than the beautiful sheen of its shell. She still trailed off waves of excitement and glow from her time with Yellow Swirl - as though she needed to be more everything than she already was! Not that anybody could stop her!

-------

Josen - He/Him

Josen frowned a bit at the answer the Green Pink Striped egg gave him. Oh really? What a shame! Sounds like we candidates have a lot to learn about properly appreciating a very fine egg! Perhaps it was a little on the shameless side, but Josen didn't see any downside to loading up a few compliments.

He had no reason to think it'd do him any favors and maybe it'd help this one have a slightly better day.

------

Juhvek - He/Him

When he heard his name, Juhvek looked up from where he was with Oranie and Eliebrie, giving F'dral his (not really) undivided attention. Between that and the warning from the bronze perched above, Juhvek lifted his other arm and gestured an 'OK' of acknowledgment. Though his expression didn't change as always.

He didn't really give any tell of what he felt about the reminder either way. If there was any woe in him to sweep away, it would be gone under the relaxing calm of the Sunset egg. What acknowledgment he'd receive, however, wouldn't coax him to stay.

Juhvek didn't 'relax', really. He did, however, make a pointed show of giving both the girls a bit more space once they'd had their turn - and to see where they would head next.

"It's fine," he added, in case either of them were concerned about his call-out.

Tsunake

Meepfur

-----

Kadosse - She/Her

How friendly all of these eggs had been so far! Kadosse was up to her chin in delight from so many friendly personalities so far - this little one seemed fairly active at that.

While she'd be good and not settle in the sands, the young woman would linger with Gold Striped. I... What did she like to do? I like to boywatch and make note of all the handsome ones! And dream that perhaps they would think her just as lovely as she thought they were! Oh! But that was perhaps a touch on the private side. Whoops!

But she somehow didn't mind letting it know that, half swaying where she stood as she lingered - practically oblivious to the effect the baby within was having on her.
------

Matotoka - He/Him

There was a part of him that desired something Matotoka hadn't known he wanted until right then, and if it wouldn't have gotten him in trouble, the young man may have been inclined to simply settle down and lean against the egg and allow for it to dote upon him.

Is this what a mother feels like?

He'd never thought about that lack before, and the thought shook him just enough that he forced his hand away from it. But it would linger, both protecting and picking at a wound he'd allowed to fester not knowing he had it. It ached now, and never had before.

He took a moment to let the sharpness of that wear off before he touched Black and Rainbow Swirl, pushing forward bright thoughts, good thoughts. Hello! Are you comfortable where you are? Do you like your siblings next to you?

----

Papys - He/Him

Papys would linger for a while linger with Purple Galaxy egg, stroking it in the way it seemed to enjoy so much - and making sure before he had to leave that the next candidate on the approach knew to continue the gesture. He couldn't say, but hopefully the strokes would!

He'd make his way over to Spotted Green next, placing his hand on it confidently, but gently, offering it a nice warm wave of adoration. Hello! You have a nice little spot here! Is it comfortable? Do your siblings treat you well? His did! Family was great and he hoped this little one thought so too.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:19 pm
Allamor - He/Him

Allamor laughed out loud. “Do you now? You will have to tell me all about it once you hatch.” He gave a shake of his head. “I don’t think that A’ral would accept ‘the egg said it was okay’ if something happened.” But Allamor did linger just a little longer giving the egg a small rub before he moved on.

He turned to the Black and rainbow swirl Egg and with a small florist, placed his palm on the shell. “Hello. You seem to be popular.”

—-

Nuamia - She/Her

Nuamia was glad that the egg was having a lovely day. She was becoming vaguely aware that some of the eggs were getting excited and she hoped that they would stay calm enough for the Candidates to stay out here just a little longer. With a gentle pat, she left the egg and turned away.

She moved to the Orange galaxy Egg and rested her hand on it. Feeling very uncreative, she said only, “hello. Nice to meet you.”

—-

Heleste - She/Her

Oh, oh, Oh! Heleste grew both anxious and delighted as she watch the Gold Striped Egg begin to move about. She reached out her other hand to be ready to steady the egg. “You are very lively in there.” Heleste grinned. “Be careful though. We don’t want your lovely shell damaged.” She didn’t dare look away to see if the parents had noticed. She was too afraid the egg would start rolling. Still her toe had started tapping to some unheard music.

—-

Remdianori - He/Him

With a beaming grin, Remdianori regarded the lovely egg. “You are quite the happy one.” He gave the egg a little pat before standing up fully. “I can’t wait to see you once you hatch.” It was with a little skip that he moved off.

The Spotted green Egg was next. Still ginning like mad, Remdianori touched the egg. Even through all the euphoria he was still able to be patient, waiting for the egg to assess him.  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

Spockat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:52 pm
[Candidate Sivu] [Western Weyr] [He/Him]

Well that was certainly strange! Sivu never smiled much. Not for any of reasons other than a bit of timidity. He instinctively covered his mouth a moment holding in the unbidden laughter. His resolved melted lille sugar candies in the rain. He couldn’t help What a sweet little creature! He giggled. Full on, high-pitched pealing mirth. He tried to talk any of his fellow candidates by the teal glowing egg, but all he could do was gesture between giggles, and have his eyes stream tears of laughter.

By the time he was finished there was a great pain in his belly from from trying to and calm himself down to no avail. Maybe he really ought to lighten up a little that was fun. He gave the egg a good bye stroke with a spark of giddiness - everyone needed a turn to experience that little wonder.

Sive wiped his eyes on the bottom of his tunic and ran his fingers through his hair. A bit more composed he came beside the Orange Leopard Spot Egg. The colors lost to his eyes, but the pattern was brilliant and remarkable. “Hello dear one,” he said softly as he rested his hand carefully upon the shell. “Today is your day to shine, I hope its been going wonderfully.”

[Candidate Loctius] [Western Weyr] [He/Him]

Well Loctius could dance. His foot tapping aggressively against the stand, toes wiggling. He could.. So why wasn’t he? Would he look silly? Ugh, or stupid? He gave a sly look to the egg - if they wanted them to dance I guess this was his time to shine. Right? Surel was beside the egg as well, he motioned to them to get up - dance beside him - with him it didn’t matter as long as this party got going. Swinging his hips. He knew he wasn’t the only one feeling the need to MOVE! He invented his own song a minute. His humming was terribly off-key, but his dancing much better. If that dragonet could see him, she’d see a few steps usually reserved for when harper’s had a place feeling particularly festive. He finished with a small twirl, laughing himself silly. “If the egg wanted a show, all the had to do was ask I guess.” He stood catching his breath.

Loctius was sweating like crazy between the hot sands and carefully dancing his heart out around the little eggs. Thank Faranath for surefootedness and if you ask him, the incredible way of shaking his behind. He fanned himself with his hand a second, watching candidates come and go. Eggs visited.. Purple and Teal Swirl Egg looked like they needed a friend next. Loctius carefully sat crossed legged beside the egg. “Hey there,” he said while gently laying his hand on the side of its shell, slightly following its swirl. “It’s nice to meet you.”

===

Silverlutz
TIME TO PARTY IF SUREL FELT COMPELLED

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:26 pm
Tyanan / he, him / Western

Tyanan felt the smooth assurance and delight of the dragonet inside the Purple Galaxy Egg, and he felt it lean into his hand. "If they're not ready to meet you, then that's their mistake," he grinned at it. "You're ready to take on all of Pern. I hope you find someone worthy of you." Straightening, he reluctantly slid his fingers off the egg's shell. He could only wish that such a hatchling would find him worth Impressing.

Moving on, Tyanan approached the Pinked Striped Egg, nestled between a group of larger eggs. He leaned over, reaching through the other eggs, to brush his fingertips on its shell. "Hello, and welcome," he smiled, sending warm, happy, confident thoughts to the infant within. "I've been enjoying this Touching. How has it been for you?" A feeling of happiness washed over him -- he wasn't sure if it was from this egg or a nearby one.

Trude / she, her / Western

Once more Trude had encountered a happy, pleasant egg -- only this one was downright excited! It rocked beneath her touch as the feeling of absolute glee washed over her with such force it nearly knocked her over. "Oh! I'm happy that you're so happy!" she exclaimed, keeping her voice soft. But she didn't want to get in any trouble -- and if A'ral or the golden mother caught wind, they might be upset. "I have to move on," she whispered, "but it was a delight to meet you! I hope you find Yours on the sands when you hatch!"

With that, the ginger-haired girl removed her hand from the shell and moved away, and to her amazement the feeling of excitement still surrounded her. Trude grinned, almost giggling, as she stepped over toward the Rose Egg nearby. "Hello! I'm sorry, but your sibling is so excited, I can't help but be excited too!" Still she kept her voice low, just to be on the safe side.  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:47 pm
Khamaith

Having been quite content to sit back and watch the festivities, with Baihath and Turoth close, Khamaith had been having such a lovely time watching candidates fill in and touch her eggs. Her head had only ever moved slightly here or there, watching as candidates--a mix of those she knew and did not--bowed and went off to touch this or that egg. There’s a pleased swirl, lazy and slow, in her vibrant, loving eyes.

The call of one of her children has the mother perking her head up, focus now on the Teal Glow Egg, as well as glances over Haveli, Trude, Amahno, Serrekhar and Sivu in equal measures curiosity and affection. Yet her baby’s joyful calls are met with love and amusement. I’m so glad you are making friends, my little love. Grand adventures, no doubt. And crimes, well.

The movement of candidates around Gold Striped Egg caught her eye, the slight rocking of the egg, the candidates around it moving, though she would only keep her eye out for now.

Yellow Swirl’s call made her turn away, glancing at both her child and Ollandin, a wave of love washing in with her tone. You’re positively luminous in my hearts, my love.

Tatterpixie
Minor tag!

houllow
Minor tag!

demon_pachabel
Minor tag!

Tsunake
Minor tag!

Spockat
Minor tag!

Samuel Carlin
Minor tag!

Uta
<3 x2! She’s keeping an eye out.

Mr Cheri
<3!

Quote:
Niviora || She/Her || Western Weyr

The question posed right back from Golden Flourish had Niviora’s eyebrows raising in surprise. She knew she must not linger, but it would be ever so rude to walk away from a question. Was she? “Mm, yes I am. Perhaps a lukewarm word wasn’t my best choice, I’m sorry about that.” There’s a mild wince at her mistake, though Niv smiled her way through it and patted the egg gently. For it was a good day; and she’d hate for her milder approach to possibly offend. “I’m quite lucky to be able to meet you in all of your splendor, at least until you hatch from this lovely shell.”

----------

Quote:
Dystzha || She/Her || Western Weyr

Sheer delight runs through Dystzha, her finger gently running across one of Purple Galaxy’s stars. “Oh, you absolute beauty. I cannot wait to see you grace us all once your free from this shell.” No doubt with an entrance just as grand with how large of a personality they had! Pulling her hand away, Dys had looked around for the next egg to visit, before the absolute sheer excitement coming from Yellow Swirl hit her. What a darling! Yet.. She peeked up, to see Khamaith watching the egg, and skirted around to the other side of the clutch. Perhaps later, she might go visit the little darling.

Her eyes were caught by Orange Leopard Spot Egg, beaming as she made her way up to the large egg. “Hello and good morning to you! How’s it going for you, as dazzling as your shell?”

Quote:
Shoxiel || He/Him || Western Weyr

The wall of happiness that hit Shoxiel is a bit surprised, and what was a mild-mannered smile broke into a wider almost grin. What a sweetheart of an egg, and he scritched the shell ever so slightly before stepping away. “I hope you meet all the kindest, sweetest people today.”

Yet ever dutiful, he stepped away to walk around the side of the clutch. Determining where to go next. The Black and Rainbow Swirl Egg would catch his attention, lost in the colors all blending and swirling so gracefully, if for a brief moment before he gently touched his palm to the shell. ’Good morning to you. How are you this fine day?’ For he had been having a grand time meeting the egg’s siblings so far.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:57 am
Elibrie - she/her

The Sunset Egg was as relaxed as could be, calm and warm, and she could feel it carry her worries away...even as the Candidatemaster barked out her friend's name. There was, however, a spike of new worry as she turned her head to see, reflexively pulling her hand away from the egg in case something had been done or was about to be done, and she looked back and forth from F'dral to Juhvek to Oranie in concern. They'd done something wrong, hadn't they? Why had he only called out Juhvek? Had they gotten him in trouble somehow?

But Juhvek said that it was fine, and she wouldn't question him. It helped to still be so near the peaceful egg, with its influence still fresh, or she might have been at risk of throwing herself into a real fret. Instead, she breathed deep and nodded in response to Juhvek, before setting her hand back on Sunset Egg. There. That was better. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be so abrupt, she apologized, not wanting the egg to think her rude for 'leaving' in the middle of an introduction. Thank you for being so lovely. Whatever I am, I'm not sure it's really much, but I'm not sure that's a bad thing, either. Not everyone could be Someone.

How lovely it would be to stay right here, as the egg had invited, but she knew she and Oranie would have to go soon. Rules were rules, and they had already attracted some attention in that regard. Much as she would like to have her toes in the sand next to Sunset, she didn't have it in her to put a single toe over the line.

Tsunake

demon_pachabel

Nashwa - she/her

The Gold Striped Egg was lovely company, and to linger would be delightful. Nashwa returned every drop of warmth and pleasure see received in kind, and smiled even more brightly when the egg turned up the mood and started to wriggle! She carefully kept only the tips of her fingers against its shell so that she might remark, Those are quite the moves you have! Quite contagious, actually, and she found herself starting to sway - but the Sands were no place for a proper dance, not with the Candidatemasters and parents watching. I'd love to see more after you've hatched - I'll even show you some of mine, if you'd like that.

The young woman did love to dance, as it happened. She just also loved for Touchings not to be cut short due to what was considered misbehavior on the Candidates' part, and she was reasonably certain dancing would count, even if it was at an egg's urging. So much as she hated to do so, she bid Gold Striped a fond farewell, and moved to visit another.

She set her hand against the Green Tribal Egg and offered it the same warm courtesy she had the other honored guests of the affair. Good day, lovely one. I do hope it is a good day for you?

Savindri - he/him

Oh, another wonderful egg! Savindri was delighted, just delighted by the Rose Egg. I think it's wonderful! So many people in one place, and everyone's happy. Or at least he assumed they were - after all, how could they not be? Touching days were exciting days, and Rose and many of its siblings certainly seemed to agree, whether they were wiggling about or projecting all their good vibes. This is going to be a great day, I just know it!

He already had two new friends, so it actually was already great. But he was sure it would continue to be so! I have to go and meet the others, too, but I'm very glad to have met you!

He always hated leaving eggs, when he would have been perfectly happy to have all the time in the world to have a real conversation with each one. As it was, he felt like he barely got to give each one the time they deserved, but he understood why it was necessary. There were a lot of Candidates, and each one needed a turn, just as the eggs deserved to get a good sampling. So once again, he tore himself away, and went to see who else he might make the acquaintance of.

Orange Galaxy was another with a beautiful, truly gem-like shell that he could not resist, and he laid his hand on it almost reverently. So pretty! Hello, he offered, amiable as ever. Things are really hopping now, but you seem cool as can be.

And there was nothing wrong with some calm and quiet, not at all.  

Meepfur
Crew

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:43 am
Ara | she/her | Western

Ara's first hatching had been so amazingly exciting, with the boys all lining up for that one bronze, and all those beautiful, colorful hatchlings emerging and finding their beloveds. It had been like something out of a harper's song, despite the occasional startling instances of violence between the dragons. She had been instructed that it could happen, but it had still been a shock. She had dreamed of that hatching for several days leading up to the touching.

Now that the touching was here, Ara found her thoughts drifting toward the first touching she'd attended, and how incandescent she had felt brushing minds with the unhatched dragons. She hugged herself tight as she waited for her turn to go onto the sands, brimming with hope for her second touching. Her head moved at a constant swivel as she took in the massive cavern where Khamaith's clutch was. The eggs were so marvelously colorful. Riotously so. Ara's eyes gleamed with delight as her turn came and she made her bow to the first-time mother.

Ara walked across the sands to the small Sunset Egg and pressed her palm against its vibrant surface. Despite her best efforts, her joy at being allowed to be part of this overflowed the mental restraint she'd been told she would have to develop. Even if she never Impressed a dragon, she was sure it would never cease to be astonishing that she had been considered worthy of standing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:43 am
Aelyx - Western - She/Her

That feeling that the Spotted Green Egg gave off? Aelyx understood all too well. For just a moment, she paused, kneeling ever so slightly to rest both hands against the shell. Yes. She understood, sweet one. The shy brush would be met with a wave of absolute love and affection, and thanks, Thank you, dear one. I'm trying. You're doing brilliantly as well, and I am so grateful for your support. If you need anything, I'll be there. After sending the sweet thing her assurance, she was on her feet and moving on, though she did glance back but once before putting her focus on other eggs. Orange Galaxy Egg was next, getting a careful touch upon its shell, I hope you don't mind a moment's company. You look lovely. I can not wait to meet you.  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:48 am
The hatching grounds seemed to thrum with an intense energy, although perhaps it was due to the feelings from some of the neighbouring, exuberant eggs. Excitement and joy made his skin tingle, and his choppy hair curl. Still, Raiden was drawn back to the dark egg's understated, commanding presence. Its desire for dignity wormed its way into his mind, and he wondered, for the slightest moment, if he measured up to the unspoken expectations. Perhaps he was too young, too small…

I hope you find the one for you. For the briefest moment, he couldn't help the thought that maybe one of these dragons here would find in him a suitable partner… He had to be worthy, surely? Yes… Of course he was. Otherwise he wouldn't be here. Good luck in your search. What did size matter? A dragon would find him perfect for who he was- not for what he looked like! Surely..?

He visited Spotted Green Egg next, laying a hand on its warm shell. G'day! I hope you're doing well in there… Not too cramped? Ah. Small talk with an egg. Yes. This was perfectly normal.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:31 am
Thus far things were going quite well and for that Turoth was quite pleased. There were no loud spectators, the eggs all seemed quite thrilled for the most part, and the one egg that seemed to be a bit touch averse hadn't been approached after its initial rebuttal. The only calls he was getting from his unhatched children were ones of excitement and elation and that warmed his hearts. Every time he'd had a moment with the clutch he'd suggested they all try to do as well as they could for their mother to keep her at ease. So far, it seemed, they were doing just that.

As Teal Glow Egg called out to its parents Turoth gave a low hum in amusement, a soft chuckle echoing in the minds of Khamaith, Baihath, and the little dragon within its shell. Do crimes, eh? He wondered what the little dragon considered to be a crime.

You'll make lots of new friends today, my dear. I'm sure everyone is very excited to meet you. Just don't work yourself up too much, he cautioned, knowing there were many Candidates left to greet it and if it spent all its energy and excitement now it could wear itself out later down the line.

The wiggling Gold Striped Egg drew his attention next if only because of how hard it was rocking back and forth. It seemed to be happy, though, and it wasn't yet at the point of being a danger to itself, its bottom wedged firmly in the wallow Khamaith had made for it. He sent it a soothing wave of thoughts, joining it in its delight as calmly as he would any other joyful dragon.

---

Rundanrul | Western

...or a bit of flattery went nowhere. The rather proper, indignant reply drew a little snort of amusement from Rundanrul. All right then. It was better than a vicious reply or a sting of pain, but he knew a rebuttal when he felt one. Pulling his hand away from the shell of the egg, Rundanrul turned to head for the last of the largest eggs. After that he'd meander through and touch the ones he liked the look of the most, but for now, bigger was better. At least he hoped this last one would be. The other two were rather standoffish.

Purple Glitter Egg was very popular it seemed, and for that Rundanrul had to agree. It was a large egg and quite fetching in color, its sparkle and shine one of the most beautiful shells in the bunch. He waited before a few other Candidates backed away, finally moving forward to touch the shell himself.

Someone's popular. Had to wait a bit to touch you, you know. I'm sure all eyes will be on you come hatching day.

---

Surel | Western

Oh! Oh, what a fun egg! Er, dragon! Surel's worries melted away with the reassurance from the dragon within, its joyful nature bringing a little smile to her face where before it had been pinched with worry. A little giggle escaped her as well as the baby dragon suddenly filled her with the urge to dance, so she did give a little wiggle to oblige it. One of the other Candidates beside her was going all-out, scuffing up a little bit of sand in the process as he danced around. It drew a laugh from Surel who quickly clamped her hand over her mouth, eyes wide, not wanting to draw the ire of the Candidatemaster. With Loctius dancing it was hard to ignore the silent beat the baby dragon was giving them, and for just a moment Surel joined in, though not as exuberantly as her fellow Candidate did. After a few moments she pulled her hand from the shell after a fond farewell, gave Loctius a shy smile, and shuffled off to another egg. That had been fun, but the Touching wasn't about interacting with other Candidates...though that had been hard to pass up.

She didn't go far, pausing by Purple Galaxy Egg. Once enough Candidates had cleared for her to get through, Surel laid a hand gently on the small egg, the shell quite captivating to look at.

"Hello," she said softly, her voice no longer carrying the nerves it had been before. "I'm sure lots of other Candidates have told you, but your shell is quite stunning. Have you been enjoying the Touching so far?"

Spockat
A little wiggle dance!

---

Vimeran | High Reaches

The mental shouting was a bit much, really. Vimeran squinted against it as if that might make it less loud, and he pulled his hand back from the shell quickly. Right, definitely not the type of dragon he thought would be off on its own. Then again, the eggs didn't really get to say where they were laid, that was up to the mother. All right...different plan of attack.

Vimeran stood where he was for a moment, scanning the eggs, before heading over to one in the thick of things. He had to weave his way around other Candidates, nodding to a few that he recognized, before reaching his goal. Green Pink Striped Egg was nestled in among quite a few others and once he could, Vimeran pressed his hand against the shell.

You have some...very excitable siblings. Not that that's a bad thing. Just...a lot for someone like him. Are you looking forward to Hatching and finding Yours?

---  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:39 am
White Baihath

The dragon lifted his head sharply at the sudden wiggling from the eggs, eyeing the Gold Striped Egg with no small amount of delight. Oh, even the Candidates were dancing! Baihath wanted to spring to his feet and join them, but with a doleful look up at the Stands where Alya was, he heaved a great sigh and laid his head back down. He'd be good! Very good.

Aerden - he/his

Ah... Aerden could understand why that would be tiresome. The eggs didn't have much choice, and he felt a bit bad for imposing. Ah, well. Hopefully the egg wouldn't have to endure much more of being touched, in that case. Wishing the egg a farewell, Aerden removed his hand. Orange Galaxy was the next egg he touched, quietly but confidently pressing his hand against the shell. He wondered if this egg was less impressed with the Touching like some of its siblings....

--

Bukichi he/his

Ah--Bukichi's brows furrowed a bit ruefully. My apologies. He thought towards the Golden Flourish Egg. This was, after all, a day about them, and he was caught up in his own thoughts. I think I'm trying to keep my hopes from getting too high. But that wasn't fair to the little dragons, and Bukichi took a deep breath before letting it out slowly, letting his emotional walls down. Sometimes, I doubt that I'm good enough. He finally admitted, even if it made him want to grind his teeth. He hated that doubt. He worked hard--was it too much to want to shine?

--

Serrekhar he/his

Heck YEAH! Serrekhar could feel his heart starting to pound, and suddenly, he felt like... like...! Like he could headbutt a rock and shatter it into pieces! He reluctantly pulled back from the little egg. Much more pumped than he'd been, the big man all but strutted across the sand... and paused to lay a gentle hand on the Spotted Green Egg. It's shell was so cute... and he absolutely knew the dragon inside was gonna be cute, too! Yeah!
--

Oranie she/her

Oranie froze as F'dral's voice rang out even as the soothing calm of the Sunset egg washed over her. It was... a bizarre feeling, with her anxiety for Juhvek warring with the tranquility radiating from the egg. Juhvek's reassurance had her chewing her lip, but she nodded to him after a moment. He seemed okay--she hoped. She let go of her worries, basking in the positive feelings.

I'm sorry about that. She thought at the Sunset Egg, genuinely touched by the welcome. But thank you, for being so kind. I wish we could stay longer, but you're wonderful. A quick glance confirmed that Elibrie was also feeling nice things, and that was enough to make her smile. Her sister deserved every good thing, and she was grateful to the little dragonet helping her feel that way.

Meepfur

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:54 am
Quote:
Zaexillia [WW] - 16 - she/her/hers - Candidate/Apprentice Healer

If I could make one recommendation, it'd be a trip to the beach on a summer's evening… Maybe go for a swim, or fishing, or roasting little sweetcakes on a fire. Or meat, if that's more your taste. But western has some beautiful beaches. I hope you will get to experience all the beauty this world has to offer. This cheeky baby deserved so much more than that, but she wasn't allowed to linger, and the words that might have flowed freely somehow got stuck.

It was time to move on, and Zae chose the next egg with a smile on her face. Feelings flowed freely at the Touching- vibrant personalities spilling out of the shells before before their occupants physically did. Smiling was a rare thing for the young woman, but it was hard not to with such buoyancy around. She laid a hand on the Orange Leopard Spot Egg. Hello. It's good to meet you. How are you finding things so far?

Quote:
Keleres [WW] - 21 - she/her/hers - JM Masseuse (spy)

Keleres brushed a stray strand of red hair from her face, beaming in delight as the Rose egg emanated an aura of happiness. All the more cheered for having met you, dear one. How lovely and radiant you seem already. Any rider would be lucky to call you their bondmate. Her words, and the feelings behind them, were so earnest as to leave little room for anything else. Thoughts of being left behind once more on the sands were buried and forgotten amongst the overwhelming warmth of this egg.

You have many admirers now, and I wouldn't want to take up too much of your time. Please take good care of yourself, dearest.

She inclined her head to the Rose egg, patting it gently in goodbye, then moved to the Pink Striped Egg. She carried the joy the Rose egg had shared with its audience in her heart, and laid soft fingers upon the brilliant pink shell. Hello… How wonderful it is to meet you. I must confess… I find your shell utterly delightful. She marvelled in her mind, wondering for a moment if stripes would be in next season. This clutch truly was beautiful to behold.  

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:07 am
Rian || High Reaches Weyr || she/her

Oh. Oh. This little one was a delight. So sweet, so kind, so--- so happy! Its happiness was infectious, and for the first time since she'd stepped onto the Sands in a Weyr that wasn't the one she'd been raised in, Rian felt an enormous smile creeping over her face. "Then I hope things continue being wonderful for you!" She told it, before withdrawing her hand and moving away to try and find another to greet --- she knew better than to linger, even though she quite liked the polite little dear's company.

There were still so many eggs to choose from, and so many other candidates around that she was worried about accidentally overcrowding one of them. Would it be more helpful if she stepped back early? She wanted to be sure everyone else got all the chances they could to meet what might be their lifemate, after all! But she was still so curious about what the little ones might be like... No, not yet. absolutely not yet, not until she'd gotten to meet more and see if they wanted to be friends, too. The Rose egg had certainly been friendly enough! With that thought still in her head, she moved to the Purple Glitter Egg, reaching out to pat it gently.

"You're a lovely one," she greeted it, because it most certainly was --- they all were, of course, and she was so lucky to get the chance to meet them! --- and resisted the urge to run her fingers down its sparkling shell. "I hope you're having a good day!" She knows she is; it's easy to have a good day when there's so many nice people to meet, so many perfect eggs to get to know, so many chances to be a part of or create happiness for others, to make their lives that much brighter.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:49 pm
[ candidate alisaide - they/he - HR ]

The Yellow Swirl Egg's influence hit Alisaide like a sack of bricks, merely piling more excitement on top of everything else they were already feeling. The Spotted Green Egg seemed bashful, and they couldn't understand why--Well, not completely. The dragonet inside couldn't see how beautiful their shell was, so Alisaide did their best to communicate the feeling of awe and wonder mentally.
You really are beautiful. And I'm sure you're just as pretty in there as you are out here! I can't wait to meet you.
They gave the egg one more soft pat, smiling down at it; they'd remember this one fondly, that was for sure.
The next one on their radar was the Yellow Swirl Egg, sitting so close by--they were certainly a bright one, shiny and new. They reached out for the egg's shell after a moment of gawking, eyes alight when they made that first bit of physical contact.

And just look at you! Alisaide certainly was! You're just as sparkly as your mom. Are you excited about being here? I definitely am, because it means I get to meet you!

------

[ candidate lyfrocier - he/him - western ]

Just as the uncertainty began to set in from the egg's silence, he lifted his hand away from the shell, taking a small half-step back. To be silently judged was a touch more unnerving than he'd have ever liked to admit, but he could handle it--until he felt a rush of emotion that he was pretty damn sure wasn't his at all. He looked around, trying to pinpoint the source--it was most certainly one of the eggs, but...which one?
There was a small pink egg tucked up against the orange monolith he'd just touched--tentatively, he placed his hand on the Rose Egg, feeling a little bit better about this one. He paused for a moment, looking down at the egg with a quiet sense of appreciation; the pattern on its shell was elegant and well-formed, and he understood that he was truly looking at a piece of art in several senses. Khamaith had truly done a wonderful job with this one.

Hello...? Lyf cocked an eyebrow, keeping his composure in place despite the gentle rise of delight in his chest. Everything seemed so...new and interesting, and although he wanted to investigate, he had to keep himself together, first and foremost. Are you the one feeling so happy about all of this? Can't say I blame you.  

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:42 pm
Oreune - she/her

F....fardles, she'd managed to do what she thought she was gonna do and make the egg stammer and or be upset and or rampage maybe. No, that wasn't going to happen and she pushed that thought to the back of her mind for now. There was plenty of time for others to touch the egg and move on and so she just gave a little Yup I'm good! You be good too okay yes thanks before patting the shell and moving towards the next one.

Which happened to be a huge egg, if her estimates of touching meant anything, and Oreune placed her hand on the Black and Rainbow Swirl egg. She'd already done this twice now, no need to panic and worry about it - whatever was gonna happen would happen and she needed to sit back and relax. There's something about you I really like. I wonder if it's the pattern on your shell? The weaver adored patterns after all, and her gushing enjoyment echoed in her touch atop the egg.

----

Haveli - she/her

Haveli was feeling downright giddy which was an absolutely big deal for her. She couldn't really remember the last time she actually felt a joy that wasn't attached to someone else's misfortunes, a pure joy that recalled a time before Thread. It was almost unsettling the smile that dared itself across her face, an excitement pumping in her veins too. This was wonderful and Haveli was absolutely pleased now at her choice to come to Western for the touching and hatching.

Thanking the egg with all of her heart for the joy she felt, Haveli have it a soft touch before moving on. Her mood was certainly the brightest it had been in a Turn or two and she had to bite back the urge to hum. This seriously was a whole new experience for her and she wanted to keep going - which lead her to place her hand atop the Pink Striped egg. Her thoughts were uncharacteristically optimistic, and thus she supposed there was no harm in that. And what about you? Are you glad to see me too? I'm certainly pleased.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff