Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply Threadfall
[06.26.3576 HRW] Bowl & Infirmary: CLOSED! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:13 am
Zamistia and Brown Nanuth- Burning Aces (Both Waves)

The little red head had been checking everything, to make sure they were ready to go up when they got the signal. Zamistia was so nervous, like she was every time they went up, but had learned to channel it into fighting Thread. When their wingleader, Z'tir began his inspection, she made sure to stand in the line with Nanuth. She waited as he checked them all over, even though she really wanted to check on all those she and Nanuth cared about. However, she knew Z'tir liked making sure they were all prepared, so she knew she could wait until he was finished.

As soon as Z'tir gave them permission to leave the line, she looked up to her big brown. He would be able to see everything a lot easier than she could,so he would know where they were. Knowing R'iz and Shar, they were probably getting in their good byes. She knew R'iz would be up the full fall, like she was, but Shar would be waiting until the second wave before she took to the skies. She wished they were in the same wing, but knew it hadn't been in the cards.

'Nanuth, can you give everyone our well wishes and love? Also, can you see where F'nar is,'Misty thought to her dragon, even though she knew what he wanted.

Of course, Mine. Bossuth and Yulaniath, Mine sends her wishes for the safety of you and Your's. And her love, of course. I have no doubt either of you would let harm come to anyone, so I will see you when we touch back down. Neirinth, Mine would like to..well, you know, I am sure. Mictecath, stay safe during Threadfall and know I will cheering from above you. And Mine wants Nyara to know she wishes for her safety as well,Nanuth thought to all of those closest to them, with a wave of love for all of them. He also made sure to send a wave of love to his own mother, wishing her and Her's well. A wave of love was sent to Misty's youngest sister, letting her know they would be okay. Then a wave of love was sent Belia and Cozellath, before he bent down to nuzzle Misty's cheek.

Hattaki
You know all who for this lol

SilverLutz
Has to wish friend and sister well

Sweet Symmetry
No pressure to reply, just so you can see love for sister and Nyara

Uta
Little love for Mama from big brown

Thaliawen
Just for little sister, no pressure to reply

Ashlyn and Blue Gyafrith- Trespassers (First Wave)

Ashlyn was doing another check of her straps and all of her equipment, not wanting to chance anything. She had decided to go up first wave, feeling it would be better when she was nice and fresh. Then for the second wave, she could go over and help the Weyrling team with whatever V'mel might want them doing. Her eyes looked to A'dras as he gave his small speech, something she was used to. She knew he wasn't one for big speeches, which she didn't mind at all. A soft nod came from her at his words, giving a soft salute, before he headed off to probably give his good byes. She had made sure her two kids were in the creche, since her family would all be taking to the skies or helping on the ground.

Let's hope everyone comes down safely, my star. I will be sure to send love to all of the family before we go up,Gyafrith assured his rider. He bent down, allowing Ashlyn to stroke his head, while he did exactly as he promised. He started with sending a warm wave of love to their mates, T'ye and Amarisath. They had given love before they left, but never hurt to do more. Then came all of Ashlyn's siblings and their dragons (those who had dragons, anyway), before also sending love to her parents and their dragons.

Thaliawen
Love for mates and brothers (also love for brothers from Ash'il and Demanthra below too. Along with love sent to Rhiyn from Demanthra)

Hattaki
Sending love to parents. This is for all three kids biggrin

demon_pachabel
Love for little sister, from all three siblings I own

Ash'il and Bronze Iptoneth- Wingsecond for Harbingers (Both Waves)

Ash'il knew his bronze had given his whole family their love, as was usual as they did their preparation for Threadfall. While he did that, he double checked everything, to make sure everything was as it was supposed to be. Then he looked over the wing, knowing they would come to him if they needed anything. He would leave the speech to their Wingleader, M'lem, since he knew that was his territory. He turned back to Iptoneth, to make sure the lantern was properly in place, since today's Fall would go a bit into the night.

Everything looks and feels good, Ash'il. Plus, the wing looks ready to go up, so try not to worry so much. We know what we are doing, we have been trained for every possible scenario. And the wing is prepared for it as well,Iptoneth reminded in his calm way. He knew that one Fall still haunted his rider, since they had gone down and his mother had been hurt in it. Not to mention, they lost a fellow rider in it as well. However, that just made him a better wingsecond, at least in Iptoneth's opinion.

'I know, I just want to make sure nothing goes wrong. Anything can happen, I want to reduce the things I can,'Ash'il replied back. He did, however, took a deep breath, to get himself calm and centered.

Quote:
If anyone wants to talk to him, he is here

Demanthra and Green Monath- Harbingers (Second Wave)

Even though it had been decided for her to go up in the second wave, she was still getting herself ready for when it was their turn. Monath had been sure to send love to all family, both Demanthra's and her own, though she would send special ones to a couple of them. She also sent Demanthra's love to Rhiyn, knowing the boy would worry when it was time for them to join their wing. Demanthra sent her thanks to her beloved green, knowing it was part of their routine. Most of Demanthra's family only were in the sky for half of Threadfall, but Ash'il and her father were in there for the whole thing. Plus, some of Monath's siblings also stayed in for the full Fall, including Zenobiath.

I have lost enough family, I do not want to lose more. Zenobiath, dear heart, fly beautifully and come back safely when this is over. I will be in the skies shortly, but my hearts will fly with you in the meantime. Give Alumet our love as well, please, since Demanthra wishes her friend well. Aresoth, stay safe, I will be joining you and our wing in awhile. Mine and I will see you up there,Monath thought. Now, all they could do was wait for their turn and for any love in return.

TheWishling
Love from little green

BastetAmun
Love from little green

Quote:
Monath sent love to all her siblings and her mother <3

((Will add stats before rolling, just wanted to post for these four. Still deciding on Canzena and Frieth))  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:29 am
Eliaza - Candidate

Life had certainly gotten more interesting since her time at Western. It wasn't that she hadn't lived through Threadfall before. It was just that everything seemed so much more heightened since she'd seen actual dragons come out of actual eggs in front of her actual eyes. She was paying attention in ways she hadn't before, and enjoying -- mostly -- every minute of it.

She'd been asked to help make up beds in the infirmary, just in case, and she'd set to it, maybe a little too eagerly. She was good at tucking corners, though, and so she made sure each one was neat before moving on to the next. "I hope we don't need all of these," she mused aloud. "It would be even better if we didn't need any." Was that likely? No. But she could hope.

----

Eralgais - Candidate

Doing the heavy lifting was becoming more and more commonplace in Eralgais' life. Not that he minded all that much, really? What was a sore muscle or two compared to being stuck in some room looking over dusty scrolls or brushing webs off of glow baskets. At least he got to be out in the air.

"Coming through!" he called, just as a warning. He had heavy pails of water in both hands and he was headed for one of the tubs bejng filled for dunking those unfortunate riders who hadn't managed to get out of the way.  

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:51 am
Nadry and brown Menankith - Burning Aces

It was over soon enough, thank Faranth, and once it was, Nadry turned to see if she could find C'lusi again - a very simple task, it turned out, as R'shahar had arrived to scoop him up, and he was impossible to miss no matter the crowd. She hung back for a moment to enjoy the sight. They always looked fine when they were all geared up, and together, well. But she did want in on a few more of those kisses herself, so she did eventually sidle over, grinning.

"Some timing you have," she teased, though it was all lighthearted with no actual complaint buried beneath. "Though I suppose it's best, or I might not have made it back into line at all." Leaving both of them would have been even harder, particularly in a physical sense...not that missing the line-up wouldn't have been worth it, but she couldn't help but want to make and keep up a good impression. "And at least I got a good view out of it."

She reached for them both expectantly - R'shahar in particular was impossible to kiss without cooperation. Or standing on something. So some assistance was required if she was to get in those last kisses she was hoping for before the fight began.

Menankith had noticed Viandarth arriving to keep Macuith company, but carefully kept his impatience to be finished with inspection to himself. The moment they were released, he beelined for the bronze and blue, and after nuzzling at them both, wasted no time in tucking himself under Viandarth's other wing. There, just like I promised! No pining necessary, my loves. He snaked his tail around so that it might drape over both of theirs, and thrummed with contentment. It was a real shame they were all in separate wings, though he did suppose he understood why. Still, it would have been much more convenient for moments like this.

Uta

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:51 pm
Melka - Candidate - Now Less Burdened

The girl was a bit relieved when Niobet picked up a few of the rolls, stopping them before they went rogue. She shifted her stance, and her grip, and was successful in being able to juggle the load. One less thing to worry about, at least. "Thanks!" She smiled brightly, "Just need to drop them off with the healers up ahead." From there, they'd be further distributed to stock up carts and ran to the tents and various healers set out among the Bowl. And Melka would be back to help launder and roll more, as needed.

The girl did freeze when Aedeth lowered her head and huffed at her. she wasn't afraid of the large queen--in fact, she was perhaps a bit smitten. The young courtesan had always had a love for shiny things... and while the idea of any dragon picking her out was absolutely delightful to her, she would not be ashamed to admit that golds were special and impressive. She hadn't yet seen one so close--certainly not close enough to give her notice, or affect her hair. To say she was charmed was an understatement... Hadn't she longed for Anakumath and Mictecath to steal a glance her way during her first Hatching? Honestly, what young woman wouldn't have? But dragons knew best... and she would have been just as eager for a green.

But she was here to work, and though the interaction lasted perhaps half a breath, Melka was still pleased. While she hoped she hadn't upset the queen, so long as there wasn't red in her gaze, or snarling, she'd take it as a win. Thankfully, Niobet's commentary pulled her back on task.

"Er--Right up ahead. I think I'm re-balanced if you do need to hurry back. I know Thread's not going to wait for anyone, though I certainly appreciate the help." If she stole a peek or two at Aedeth as she passed, it couldn't be help. She was massive and impressive so close... a shame she had to rush past. Draza would hear all about this later, when she was reunited with her sister.

Thankfully, the makeshift infirmary wasn't too far from where the Wings were set up. There were already baskets and rolls of bandages being delivered to other Candidates and weyrbrats to run to specific stations. If the Journeyman Healer in charge gave Melka a look for including a High Reaches goldrider in the process, the man said nothing.

Not that Melka cared. Niobet had offered, after all, and wasn't it a High Reaches tradition to give the ranking women their due? She wasn't going to tell her no.

Samuel Carlin

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:21 pm
C'mric and Orthoth - Harbingers - both waves

The big man leaned against his dragon's foreleg, legs kicked out to brace him up and arms folded across his chest, just watching the sky. He knew what was coming -- they all did -- and even as relatively new to the whole Threadfighting scene as he was, he already had a way of coping and preparing that kept him from running like a headless wherry.

Can you see it?

Not yet. Your eyes are better than mine, though.

The bronze lifted his head to study the sky as well. I don't ee it yet, either, he agreeed, then humphed out a resonant breath. I think I feel it though. It makes my hide itch. Or maybe that's you, being itchy. Not at all subtly, the big dragon shifted his weight, making C'mric stumble two steps backward to catch his balance. The dragon didn't look down at his rider. Stop being itchy.

Harbingers
C'mric of bronze Orthoth
HP: 44/44
Status Effect: N/A
XP:
Target Accuracy: +6
Flame Length: +6
General Stamina: +8
General Agility: +6
Between Accuracy: +7
Pain Resilience: +7
Instinct: +6
Luck: +7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:15 pm
Iathe and Skerath [Trespassers - First Wave]

Iathe methodically checked over Skerath's gear and her own, hardly about to let herself get killed thanks to equipment failure. It was hard to feel anything but ready about the impending Fall. It might have been arrogant, but how could she worry when she had the finest Threadfighter as her partner? With her thin build and impeccably fine bone structure, the green dragon excelled at tests of speed and agility. Paired with her eager ferocity for flaming down the Enemy... well, Iathe knew that they had the potential to be the best of the best.

Skerath shifted restlessly under her touch, her orange eyes whirling brilliantly. She was ready to fight. Her sharp claws flexed impatiently, but she quieted at a gentle touch from her rider. Venandith bespoke her shortly afterwards, and the green's eyes swirled with a mix of irritation... and perhaps the smallest flickers of contentment. Ha. You'll have to be fast if you want to keep up with me. Come back in piece so I have something to sharpen my claws on. As much as she scoffed and snarled over the arrogant brown, Venandith had the skills to back up his swagger. She saw no reason to tell him as much, just as she remained adamantly quiet about her fondness for him. If he thought he would get to Thread before she did, however, he was sadly mistaken.

Iathe arched a brow at the sudden focus, smirking up at her lifemate. Skerath snapped her fangs harmlessly, threatening to shove her rider right over. Huff.

TRESPASSERS WING
Iathe of Green Skerath
HP: 20/20
XP:
Target Accuracy: 2
Flame Length: 2
General Stamina: 2
General Agility: 4
Between Accuracy: 2
Pain Resilience: 3
Instinct: 3
Luck: 3

Uta

G'ran and Elzebuth [Trespassers - Full Flight]

A bark of laughter escaped from him at that, and he grinned down at her before bending down to give her a kiss. "Can't help it." He said, and really, he couldn't! If they weren't surrounded by everyone in the Weyr, he might have just lifted her up so they could be on the same level. "Gotta get you a stool." Which would be adorable all on its own, honestly.

Reluctantly, he loosened his grip so he could brush a hand through her hair, his smile slowly fading. They'd both be okay. They had to be. "Be careful today. I'll come find you." He knew he didn't need to tell her that, but he wanted to say it out loud.

Elzebuth rumbled quietly, wanting nothing more than to twine necks and tails with her... but alas, there was little time for anything besides this brief moment. I would light up the entire sky if you asked it of me. He gladly tucked her underneath one of his wings, nuzzling at his golden mate with open pleasure.

Just look for the brightest flame and you'll find me. Older dragons might have more experience, but Elzebuth knew he was the best of the best. That was really all there was to it.

TRESPASSERS WING
G'ran of Brown Elzebuth
HP: 41/41
XP:
Target Accuracy: 9
Flame Length: 9
General Stamina: 5
General Agility: 5
Between Accuracy: 3
Pain Resilience: 3
Instinct: 4
Luck: 3

demon_pachabel

--

Liniyah

The boop didn't even make her jump, and Liniyah offered a slightly chagrined grin. "You always do." She agreed. No matter how bad things had been, they always came back. Her mother's laugh was infectious, and she tried to hide her own grin as Zeith looked on with obvious offense.

Something warm bloomed in her chest at her mother's praise, and she didn't hesitate to step closer and hug her tightly. If she ever started to doubt herself, Gloryah always chased away those worries with her confidence and love.

"I know you both will." Her tone was quieter, but as heartfelt as always. "And I know you'll be the best pair out there." No one could change her mind about that.

demon_pachabel

--

Dehka

That wide grin would be mirrored by the young man before he fondly leaned against his father, reaching out a hand to touch Meigth's forelimb as well. "I bet. I think it'd be beautiful to watch if you guys weren't going to be so busy." He already knew he would try to sneak peeks at the sky when he could, but he'd be busy, too.

Dehka pretended to shiver at the thought, making an amused noise. "You'd be in big trouble, for sure... Maybe Meigth can try to plead on your behalf. She likes him a lot." As if she didn't like N'ori just as much!

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:05 pm
D'zrak and Slidrianth [Harbingers - Full Flight]

D'zrak and Slidrianth were outfitted and ready to go, and the small bronze dragon gleamed in the afternoon light. They looked perfect. More importantly, they were perfect. Thank you Sucurith. I'll send D'zrak over. I know I needn't worry about you, but be careful nevertheless. A wave of affection was offered to his cousin, and Slidrianth meant every word. He passed on Suc's message to his rider, resisting the urge to sigh as the redhead promptly glanced over to where Burning Aces had lined up to be inspected with a leer.

Though still keeping an eye upon his less-than-polished prince, Slidrianth soon had the delightful distraction of Holleth gently bumping against him. With a sweet croon, the bronze returned the affectionate gesture, casually extending one of his magnificently large wings to tuck it around the small blue. My hearts. He greeted, allowing his own love to wash over Holleth. While he knew that they would both do absolutely brilliantly in the air.... one could not help but be conscious of what Thread could do to one's hide.

Not that Slidrianth was nervous. Not openly.

Once Z'tir had finished with his inspection, D'zrak didn't hesitate to swagger over to the gathered wing--shouldering people bodily out of the way, if he had to. "How do you manage to pull off looking so good in leathers?" He greeted, leaning down to kiss his weyrmate.

Really, Amare could have been wearing a firestone sack and still look stunning. The other women didn't have much of a chance. Or the men, on that note.

HARBINGERS WING
D'zrak of Bronze Slidrianth
HP: 35/35
XP:
Target Accuracy: 3
Flame Length: 3
General Stamina: 3
General Agility: 2
Between Accuracy: 3
Pain Resilience: 2
Instinct: 3
Luck: 2

Mr Cheri

Meepfur

--

La'hisen and Othelloth

La'hisen says to not ruin your leathers. Othelloth relayed patiently as he could to Talis, an eye still fixed upon his rider. La'hisen could have been fretting and pacing anxiously... but he saw no point. Talis and Holleth knew what they were doing. His worry wouldn't help them, and it wasn't as though either were going to do something stupid and reckless and get themselves killed. They would come back. That was all there was to it. The man slowly stroked his hand down Othelloth's long, sleek neck, quietly contemplating.

Othelloth could not help but seethe that he was not yet old enough to fight. He yearned to pit himself against the ancient Enemy, to rend it to helpless ash... but his wishes would change nothing. He understood the reasons, even if the urge to fight and flame itched under his skin. Good luck to you, Holleth. Fight well. He spoke to his ledgemate. He understood why his rider needed to believe that both dragon and rider would return safely, but Othelloth knew that if one must die, then there was no better death than to perish bravely in battle.

Still. It was more understandable--his La'hisen did not fear their potential deaths, but those of his loved ones. Despite his worries, he did not belittle their experience with fighting, trusting that they would make the right decisions and return home. Carefully, the blue pressed his head against his rider's torso, offering him what comfort he could.

"They'll be fine." La'hisen said quietly, stroking the blue's eyeridges with his fingers. He was aware of Othelloth's thoughts, and aware that his dragon respected his own. "We'll do what we can from here."

Hardly enough for my tastes. Othelloth allowed himself to grumble privately, but would not voice his complaints to anyone but his rider.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:23 pm
L'zant and Bhavaranth - Burning Aces - Second Wave

Having gotten through an inspection by his wing leader, L'zant performed aother on a smaller, more personal scale. He'd already checked the fit and condition of Bhavaranth's straps already. Gloves tucked beneath his belt, goggles around his neck. He was ticking his way through the very ordered list in his head.

And Bhavaranth could not have been more distracted. When the time came, he knew what to do, and he'd perform his duties to the best of his practiced ability, but for now? For now, he was watching a particular green with intent. And sadness. And yes some loging. He heaved a sigh that made his straps creak.

L'zant, surprised, looked up at the dragon first, then followed his gaze and heaved a sigh of his own. Stop it.

Stop what? I'm not doing anything. I'm looking. She looks sad.

She's been grounded and we're all about to take to the sky. Of course she's sad.

She ddoesn't have to be sad. She shouldn't be sad. You don't have to be sad, Samodith, Bhavaranth told the green, adding a croon to the thought. You should always be happy and light, knowing that e will fly for you, when you cannot.

L'zant rolled his eyes and made another mental note that he was going to have to make apologies one of these days.

Burning Aces
L'zant of blue Bhavaranth
HP: 29/29
XP:
Target Accuracy: +7
General Stamina: +6
Pain Resilience: +6
Instinct: +8
Luck: +7

Meepfur
Dragons. What can you do?

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:55 pm
H'sau and Mereketh - Trespassers - First Wave

H'sau stood with his forehead pressed to the little white's forehead, eyes closed. In another situation, it might have looked like a peaceful communion, if one didn't look too closely. Then, they might have noticed the tension in the rider's body.

Tell me again. If something goes wrong...

Mereketh exhaled. I will come back.

Where?

I will come back to the bowl.

And?

And I will get help. I will listen.

And?

The dragon squirmed like a toddler held back from running off to play, but he didn't lift his head. We stick together. I will stay with you. Until you tell me I can fly again. Always.

Trespassers
H'sau of white Mereketh
HP: 15/15
XP:
Flame Length: +7
General Stamina: +6
General Agility: +8
Instinct: +6
Luck: +6

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:53 pm
Dalini - Candidate

It had come once again; not that thread does anything but cycle back again, and again, and again -- but since she had come to the Weyr, it filled her with both a sense of dread for people being hurt, for people dying -- and the sheer awe of wings full of dragons taking flight to fight against the aerial enemy. They were beautiful; golds, bronzes, browns, greens, and whites. Dragons that defended Pern -- and she was finally able to see what old stories and songs talked about.

But while Dalini was always determined to be of help during threadfall, to help roll bandages or deliver them where they were needed or whatever the tiny waif could help with -- she had to say goodbye to her best friend first. After all, what if he was first wave this time? The refusal to think of what bad may happen is strong, because if she believes her best friends will be okay, they had to be!

The sight of Reminiscorth has her picking up her pace. “Mi’ra!” It’s the only warning the short young man would get before she’s hugging him tight. “You gotta be careful, okay? Be safe.” Her eyes were a touch wet, they always where when she worried about her best friend, and she beamed up at the white dragon. “You too Reminiscorth! You’re too handsome for scars.”

xSilverLutz

----------

Wa’ren & Brown Caironairth - Trespassers
TRESPASSERS
Wa’ren of Brown Caironairth
HP: 42/42
Status Effect:
XP:
Target Accuracy: 6
Flame Length: 6
General Stamina: 6
General Agility: 6
Between Accuracy: 6
Pain Resilience: 9
Instinct: 8
Luck: 6

Though he’d be worried until the second wave came in, and J’er and Cyliodath would be safe, his mate’s reassurances felt like a balm to his nerves. They were capable, and J’er had always been able to hold his own -- even before thread had returned.

But the hand twisting in his shirt has Wa’ren’s own coming to cover it, fingers trying to nudge between clenched ones. He met the other man’s gaze steadily; for who knew him better? Save Caironairth, but they were of the same cloth, and there was no judgement there. “And I will do everything in my power to come back home to you.” It was as much of a promise he could make, when the future was uncertain. Thread made probability fly out the window with just the lightest breeze, but Caironairth and he were smart, and worked well in tandem. They hadn’t survived this long to be taken by thread, not when blade nor wild claws hadn’t before. But there was no promising that they wouldn’t cover a wingmate when they could, and that certainly covered the other pair for half the fall.

“I love you.” It’s soft, sweet, and Wa’ren butted his forehead against J’er’s affectionionately, gently.

As would I, darling. But you are magnificent in any light, scars or no. Like oil on water in the sun, Cyliodath was nothing short of beautiful to Caironairth. A stunning blue that he couldn’t help but just admire sometimes, quietly. Were it up to him, the brown would take the scars to add to his collection and save Cyliodath the ache of them. But the world didn’t work like that.

A low rumble escaped him, chuckling softly. And I will find only the best meal for you. Perhaps a dip in the lake come sunrise. Eyes whirling a strong, deep loving purple, he leaned up to nuzzle at the top of his love’s head. His tail twined gently with Cyliodath’s. I promise, my love. But you must be safe for me, as well. No injuries, so we may attend our plans.

Spockat

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:24 pm
Niobet and Aedeth - Queen's Wing

Faranth's Furies (Queen's Wing)
Niobet of gold Aedeth
HP: 45/45
XP: (+6 to all base stats, +5 to distribute)
General Stamina: +7
Instinct: +8
Luck: +6

Courtesan called to courtesan or like called to like, it seemed. Niobet followed Melka, smiling, to the healer and the bandage drop-off. She handed the few she'd taken over, amused, then said, "If I hadn't gotten in her way, she'd probably have been here sooner." Maybe just with a little bit less of an armful.

"And thank you," she told the young woman directly. "We couldn't do any of this as smoothly without your help. Consider it good pratice You can consider it good practice for future days, too. I don't think we ever grow out of carrying things for someone else from time to time." Well. Maybe the senior weyrwomen did. Possibly.

"I'm Niobet," she introduced far too belatedly. "And that," a point toward the glowering gold, "is Aedeth. I hope we'll run into you again sometime when things aren't quite so rushed."

Uta

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:49 pm
Talis and blue Holleth - Harbingers (Second Wave)

Holleth hummed softly with pleasure to be called such, and was perfectly happy to tuck himself in close under Slidrianth's wing, his eyes swirling a deep blue-purple. He had come a long way indeed, to be so willing to give and receive such affection with so little hesitation - particularly in full view of so many. He had finally banished the shame from his hearts, and embraced his desires...and a certain handsome bronze, who shone so gloriously in the sunlight, with large wings the tiny blue could practically disappear beneath. Though he was somewhat less inclined to set himself quite so far apart from others as he once had, there was yet a certain comfort and security in being obscured so.

He took in and let out a deep breath of sheer contentment, leaning against his love. His. It was still a marvel to even think it. It will be a long wait until we follow you up, he said finally, But I know that you will fight well enough for both of us in the meantime.

Holleth had little concern for what might happen to him in the line of duty, but those he loved...that was another matter entirely. They had all lost more than enough already.

The comment from La'hisen, via Othelloth, was met with a snort from Talis. Tell him I'll do my best, she answered, smirking. Just make sure he bags up that firestone right. I'll be pissed if I go to catch a bag and it doesn't hold. It was an odd way to express affection, to be sure, always dancing around it with needling and teasing, but dealing with emotions head-on was very definitely not her way, and hadn't been in a long time. But he knew they were there. Well...she assumed he did.

Always, Holleth answered his fellow blue. Thank you.

Tsunake

M'yk and brown Dobrokhoth - Burning Aces

Faranth willing, Dobrokhoth rumbled, throwing all of his hope into the words. Though he knew well that casualties were inevitable, he had had his fill of them of late, and wasn't ready to lose another. Especially not this one. A hint of yellow bled into his gaze, but he brushed the worries away. Gelith was strong, and she would be fine. She was not allowed not to be. Her suggestion did indeed amuse him, and lifted his spirits - he did enjoy a good prank. I love the way you think! I am sure, however, that you would be. Who would not notice such a beauty?

Ah, but finally, inspection had concluded, and off he went to find Gelith, sweeping the little green up under his wing. Perhaps if I hid you like so, though...and then when it was least expected, you could pop out and give everyone quite the surprise!

While he would never actually be so disruptive right before a Fall, nor would he ever target his beloved wingleader, it was a merry thought.

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:01 pm
Mi'ra and Reminiscorth
Trespassers - First Wave

Mi'ra was running through his mental checklist of getting Reminiscorth ready, tugging on straps and patting his smooth hide as he went. He'd just spent quite a few marks getting himself and his beloved dragon matching leathers, the color and feel soft and gentle while being sturdy and safe. They looked quite dashing, he thought, and he admired the way the straps shifted as Remi adjusted his weight.

A familiar voice caught his attention and Mi'ra turned just in time to get wrapped up in a hug. He gave a laugh of delight and returned the favor, squeezing Dalini tight against him. They did this every time Thread fell and it was turning into a little ritual, Dalini telling him to be safe, Mi'ra promising he would, and Remi making some sort of comment how they were both being silly. It was nice to have a friend that cared enough about him to see him off but Mi'ra did make it quite dramatic as was his nature.

"Oh, we'll be as safe as we can, Dalini," he promised as they pulled apart enough to speak without shouting into her ear. The comment Reminiscorth got made Mi'ra scoff and toss his hair just a bit, as much as he could with it being pulled back and tucked into his leather cap.

"And I'm not? This face is not built for battle scars."

We'll be careful, the wisp of a white confirmed, his tone suggesting that if he had an eyebrow it would be raised at his rider's dramatic reply. It made Mi'ra roll his eyes just a bit before he pulled back, tugging Dalini over to inspect the new saddle and straps.

"Look at this! Just had it finished a few days ago," he said, inviting his friend to touch the soft, supple leather. "Isn't it gorgeous? And of course I had to get a set of my own to match." He struck a quick pose, showing off his equally fine riding leathers.

Prism Shine

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:09 pm
Green Samodith - Burning Aces (Grounded)

Samodith didn't immediately answer the bronze, turning over the options in her mind. She knew well that she ought to be pleased - that in a less stubbornly wretched mood she would have been - and ought to take advantage of such attention when it was offered. After all, if she rejected it now, who was to say it would be offered again? She was all too aware of how she ought to feel and respond, if she were but more herself...and yet she often wasn't, anymore, even before this. It was uncomfortable, to say the least, to feel at times as though she didn't quite fit in her own skin. Now and then she did, as when she'd met Kleoth, but that already seemed a very long time ago.

I would not wish to trouble you, she answered at last, choosing something of a middle road for her response, But if you desire company as well, I would not turn you away.

Another mind touched hers, and she finally raised her head. She might as well look a touch more alive, anyway, since she might soon have company. If it were but a choice, I would not be. For who would choose to be sad? But it was, unfortunately, not so simple a thing. It had not been so long ago that she had resolved to find a way back to her old self, and yet here she was, no closer to it. But I do appreciate the sentiment, Bhavaranth, and I trust that you will be brave and true today, and return without grave harm. A little whisper of affection accompanied the words.

SilverLutz

Samuel Carlin

Meepfur
Crew

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:11 pm
Zheria of gold Eveleth - Queen's Wing - Both Waves
Soon.

She had already ensured that the Queen's Wing was ready, and had no need to go into some sort of stirring speech. She wasn't like D'mon in that regard, and preferred to let him play the role of grand leader. Besides, she worked with the Queen's Wing regularly. She knew each and every rider rising up that day to fight would do their best, for whatever stirred them. If not for duty, if not to honor the Weyr, if not for Pern and her people--than at minimum, for themselves, to and keep their neck on their shoulders.

So, the dark-haired, dark-skinned woman leaned against Eveleth, arm's crossed, watching those around her with a discerning eye. They would be fighting over Nabol this day, and Zheria's personal wants warred with what she had to do. She would catch every strand of Thread that slipped through the fighting wings, if she could... but the temptation to let some slip, to eat at rot...

Eveleth gave a small rumble, before sending a wave of soothing support behind it. Let infection fester long enough, and it eventually kills the host. He won't be in charge forever, Mine. Zheria said nothing at first, though Eveleth's distraction was enough for her jaw to relax. On a similar vein, she understood she wouldn't be in charge forever, either; if Thread didn't get them, age eventually would. Who knew what her predecessor, whoever that would be, would do?

Her eyes flickered over the newest and younger gold riders--Alumet, Sylfie, Martirae, Nyaranau--before glancing at Niobet and Lestenna. What future would they craft if given a chance? Who among them had what it would take to lead and lead well? Who would carry on what she started? Who would let it fail? Who could she trust? Well... It didn't matter.. Not yet, at least. She had no intention of giving up the power she'd been granted, and would only resolve to make a difference--quietly--as she could. She was doing what she could, how she could, with what she'd been given... And would continue to do so.

Today, that meant not focusing on the rot in that place, but the good people that made it work. Not everyone was bad... and not everyone was corrupt. There were futures in Nabol worth saving, lives worth giving another day, if only so maybe, she could give them something more.

Before her thoughts continued, Ink was there, and had her wrapped up in a kiss. It always surprised her, really, how genuinely ardent Ink could be in her affections; and how easy it was to let her guard down. A dangerous thing, to be sure... but were they not bonded by pain? Was not her own history mirrored in Ink's? Life was unkind to many... but they were fighters. And good--true good--needed time to take root. She could help it along thought Search...and by ensuring not a sliver of Thread broke the Queen's Wing.

As Ink finally pulled away, Zheria gave a confident smirk, and a small tilt of her head. "It'll take more than silver rain to take me out." If she didn't return... Well. That would be quite a day, indeed.

Eveleth stirred then, glancing over at where Thistreth stood. Thistreth says it is close to time. She warned, sending a private message to Hers.

Of course it was. Leaning in, she brushed her lips softly against Ink's one more time. "I'll see you tonight."

Parting from Ink, however grudgingly, it didn't take long for Zheria to mount Eveleth and settle in her straps. Eveleth reached out to all riders in the Queen's Wing to notify them that it would soon be time. D'mon would give the actual call, but Zheria had no intention of being caught unprepared.

Mr Cheri

Zyamel & brown Venandith - Burning Aces - Both Waves

Venandith's eyes whirled a bright blue and he rumbled appreciatively at Martirae. In fact, the brown had no choice but to give a well-time stretch of his wings, and if he arched his neck in just a perfect fashion to see his rippling muscles--well, surely he couldn't be blamed. He wasn't doing it on purpose, no... He was simply stretching before a long-day's physical work. That he looked so good doing it was purely coincidental, surely.

"Careful now," she teased. "He's laden down enough with all this firestone; adding to his ego will just throw off our well-practiced balance." As if she didn't sport just as equally large an ego. That said, it was clear Zyamel was just as chuffed as her brown at Marty's compliments, and why shouldn't she be? They were of one heart and mind, after all, and Venandith surely was the best dragon on Pern... as every rider surely felt about Theirs.

"Is that so now?" Zyamel mused, letting her brows knit in mock concern, giving a low whistle. "Well, surely you can squeeze me in between appointments, yeah? I mean... if you want to add a little fun to your day. Once you're with the best, everyone else must be quite bland!" She teased, giving another laugh. Perhaps laughter wasn't appropriate before Threadfall, but Zyamel didn't care. If she was going to be taken out, she at least was going to ooze every ounce of pleasure out of what life she had left.

Unfortunately, Z'tir called his riders for inspection, cutting her fun short. "Well then--sounds like a date to me. Gotta run, but until tonight---" With all her usual boldness, she slipped an arm about Martirae, and pulled her in for a goodbye kiss. As if she'd leave the goldrider without one. That wasn't her style, after all.

Breaking away--and hoping Marti didn't object--she turned and gave Venandith a fond thump, before hurrying to get in position.

demon_pachabel

Threadfall

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces