Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Mission Archive
WCC Team Mission 2 - Out of the Frying Pan (Day 2) [Closed] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:32 am
Kaya was clocked fairly hard by the Crabrawler, thankful that his helm was there to protect him from what was sure to have been a concussion. When the martial artist who commanded it came for him, he wouldn't resist too strongly, allowing himself to be pulled down to the ground. "When did we sneak?" He asked. "My teammate and I jumped straight into your camp last night. The only thing we did was use a smokescreen to our advantage. That's hardly sneaking." He'd grunt a few times as his limbs were pulled and contorted somewhat, but refused to fight for the moment. "Gah..." He'd end up trying not to struggle any more than he had to but, after a moment of being wrestled to the ground, he'd become fed up and his limbs would become charged with Fairy energy as he used Play Rough to overpower the martial artist. "We didn't realize this was your campsite when we saw you!" He finally exclaimed. "We thought you had found a Wishing Piece and were playing by the rules!" He tried explaining. If this was how it was going to go, he'd continue to play rough, throwing punches to match the martial artist and released Tenoh as he did. "Misty Terrain! Then get in the air and use Heal Bell!" He told the Flabébé. Tenoh nodded, releasing a swirling, sparkling mist in a pastel pink from her flower as she floated up in the air, intending to get higher up than the Pokemon attacking her trainer and his allies. Once in the air, she'd swing her flower to and fro, a gorgeous, soothing chime echoing over the island as she did so.

~~~

Odd watched Orbeetle get ticked as it was attacked, but his crimson eyes were more focused on the Roto-drone as it was dislodged from the tree branches and fell. When it's Swarm activated and it proceeded to use Infestation, he knew they'd have a limited time to act now. "Replay, use Aerial Ace again! Get in close and knock it out!" While his bird kept the bug distracted, he'd race toward Simon. "Sorry, Ter!" He yelped as he slid across the grass, slapping his Challenger's Band against the drone in the mole's grip if he managed to get close enough. He knew exactly who to pull out of his available Pokemon if he succeeded, too. It was hard to tell if he actually pulled of the intended maneuver, considering how much the Earth was shaking thanks to Simon's Earthquake. He had to admit he'd be lucky if did do it.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:19 pm
SubonicXP

Blizzard120

"Right on cue," Aden remarked, tossing the ball he had in hand immediately. "Wooloo, mind dropping in and welcoming our guest?" The question was rhetorical at best, as when the ball opened, Wooloo would indeed have little option except to drop in and hopefully right in the Liepard's path, using Defense Curl as a means to brace against the inevitable landing. "Think I got the angle right... probably should be ready to suggest a Tackle to keep up with it."

KrystatheMewes

In his musing out loud, he was also grateful to not really be downstream of what seemed to be underway at the river itself. But he could appreciate that kind of ingenuity.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:23 pm
I darted across the field with the Liepard hot on my trail...at least was. Aden got that on lockdown for the time being. Blazing past the battle on the bridge, taking a heavy misting and a feather frizzing, I made it to the drone rather uncontested. Quickly I started to go through the box, knowing who exactly that I wanted. Decidueye. I didn't want to stash Torchic, but at this point, with the battles being overly heated as it were, I needed extra fire power. At this point, all it'd take now was to go by the Item Drone and the ace in the hole would be complete. At least...that is what I thought...

As I started to get to Decidueye on the screen, I started to realize something, seeing a Pokemon that I...haven't really took out to high intensity battles before. Articuno. I hesitated, as I stared at that screen, time slowed down to me as I thought back to the day I ended up having to rescue Articuno from the ire of many a person from ill-deserved retribution. Articuno was traumatized from the whole thing and since then, I've done nothing but try to get it on the road to recovery in some fashion or another and perhaps get it back on the road to freedom. Though, Articuno ended up...finding a lot of comfort with me, perhaps forever feeling indebted. To this day, I have no idea. One can't really question a legendary Pokemon too much and expect answers.

I've tried any method I could, from having Articuno spar with the rest of my Pokemon crew, at least with the kid gloves on since I didn't want to risk relapse, to just get it out and let it fly, at least to some destination, such as the correspondence that Miles and I sent back and forth to each other. I wanted it to be...well...an Articuno for Christ's sake.

As I sat in memory lane for those seconds, my eyes veered, taking note to the count down: 4......3......2.....

It finally registered that I couldn't dawdle. Quickly, perhaps in a near panic, I stashed Torchic and withdrew the legendary ice bird, receiving the Pokeball just before the countdown hit zero. I sighed hard, taking a look at the Pokeball I received. I questioned if this was the smartest move. Even barring Articuno's history, I literally brought out a Legendary Pokemon in a competition such as this. Just that notion alone throws me, let alone all of Snagem, extremely high on the threat scale and this would either make all competitors either give a wide berth or attack us harder to ensure we're not going anywhere. On the upside, I don't think I need to bother going to the Item Drone now. That said, I...don't think this was my smartest move...but its the one I made.

-------------------------

"Mon-chaaaan!" Hitmonchan cried out as it tried to stand its ground as the inferno produced by the Lickatung started to engulf the newly evolved fighter type.

"Hitmonchan!" Before Freth could get a command off, her attention turned towards the Haxorus barreling towards her. She dipped off to one side, avoiding one chop, but pounded into the ground with the follow up. "AUGH!" Freth snapped up, this time with both hands aimed right at the dragon, and it was point blank range. "GET OFF!" She practically shrieked, a large icy charge forming in her hands and blasting back the dragon to make it regret pulling that. "Blast it, so much for diplomacy!"

"CHAN!" Hitmonchan called out as it started to lose ground to the Hitmonchan, needing to get out of the inferno.

"Hitmonchan! Use Revenge!" Freth commanded.

"Hit...mon..." Hitmonchan fought through the inferno, darting off to the side, then rushed for the offending Lickatung. "CHAAAN!" With a rapid fire flurry, Hitmonchan enacted retribution upon the Lickatung.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:50 pm
Watching Odd and Ter deal with the child quickly, but than confronted by a horde of insects. "Where is my bug stray when i need it?" He grin at his own humor. "Alright, time to come out of the shadows." Still crouched behind the bush Arkelos looks at his Riolu. "Alright buddy, Here is what we are going to do." he whispered softly.

After a moment of planning with Riolu, with a nods it's actions played out.

Jumping from the bushes to the battlefield, Riolu takes a deep breath, and deep from it's lungs it lets out a ear ringing howl. Arkelos hopes the magnitude of the howl would be enough to boost his allies power levels, and disorientate the insects.

After five to six seconds, Riolu regains focus begins to use focus blast. Riolu retains the energy in it's sight. Before the full attack was released, Riolu targeted it with bullet punch. WIth every hit to the focus blast, small berry sized shots started firing out the other end toward the insects.

Arkelos' thinks out loud, "Between howl and sword dancing hopefully this combination will help knock out some of the swarm." During the last of his thought, the ground started shaking. Arkelos looked out onto the battle field to see fissures and debris flying every which way.

"Oh Sweet Honey Ice Tea." Before exposing his hiding spot; Riolu released the last of the Focus blast into a wave. Quickly eyeing what is happening, Riolu used Bulldoze ripping through the earthquake. Arkelos watched in horror as the earthquake now started becoming a magnitude ??. "This is not going to end well." he thought to himself.  

Arkelos

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:12 pm
Odd was surprised to find that he reached the drone without too much interference and, upon hitting it, he was able to pull out one of his Pokemon with relative ease. The moment his only Premiere Ball appeared in his hand, he'd release the Pokemon inside and the insects surrounding him would be driven back as a ring of silvery energy began to push outward with him at the center. "Night Slash!"

From within the Channeler's Guardian Halo, a chakram of darkness flew toward Orbeetle, aiming to wedge itself into the Bug's head if allowed to.It wouldn't have to worry about that, though, as the Dark energy unraveled into a lashing whip before the vessel that had carried it returned to it's source, revealing Odd's chosen Pokemon to be his faithful Shedinja, Cadenza.

"It's good to have you back!" Odd told the Ghost-type as he pulled his artifact from his belt and spun the crescent-bladed sickle into a comfortable grip. "Think we can channel with everyone now or are they still too far away?" He asked his partner.

[~Agreed, Sterling. We should be able to channel, minimally, unfortunately, with the others by using me as a proxy.~ He told the Ghost Channeler, their spiritual communion taking only a few seconds.

When Arkelos and his Riolu made themselves known, Odd would smirk. The raucous pair would likely serve as a good distraction. While the Orbeetle was turned to focus on them, hopefully, he'd conjure a mass of ribbon-like arms from his shadow to reach out and bind the insect's body in place long enough to focus on it."Hit it hard or catch it! Don't care which at the moment!" He'd call to his allies, knowing he couldn't hold this long with Baroque out of his party.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:52 pm
Ulla held down the fort while Leslie and Church went to find out where the music was coming from. While she was watching them leave, Ulla felt a sickening feeling in her gut. She looked to Velvet to see if she felt it too, all the Vulpix did was looked at her trainer concerned. "Velvet I got a real bad feeling about all of this. Not the fact that we are surrounded by Dragon Pokemon, or the fact that the Galar team got here before us....it's something else." She said as she didn't realize her gusts of winds were wavering. She watched more of the events unfold as she tried to make sense of all of these emotions. Ulla started to breathe heavily due to the pressure of it all until she finally looked at her SNAG to see Ter's message. "Once again, Papa saves the day." She said to herself as it finally all made sense to her. "Leslie!"

Leslie was falling into a trap. She needed to call for help, but what could she do? Everyone was preoccupied with something. Luckily Kaya used Misty Terrain as she took this opportunity to help Leslie in some way. The child clapped her hands together as she focused some Fairy energy to her hands to form a bubble. She then threw it in the direction she remembered seeing Leslie last. "Hopefully that gets to her in time. Now here..." She looked around at the mess everyone was making as she couldn't think of anything until she remembered her roots. She was Alolan, and so were they. "Velvet can you spit out some small fireballs when I tell you to?" She asked as she stopped using her Fairy Channeling briefly. She took a deep breath in and started punching her chest and stomping on the ground.

With every stomp she made, Velvet would blow out a fireball here and there to get everyone's attention. With every pound she did to her chest, gust of fairy energy would swirl around her. She let out a yell as she took a fighting stance and started yelling something in Alolan. Her Alolan was rusty but she hoped that her message got through to Team Alola. 'Her message: We are one, not by blood, but by our roots. Our Island. So please listen.' As she was doing this, she was starring down the girl with the Alolan Raichu. Hoping she would follow her lead.  

Cecile Silverstone

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:59 pm
Leslie would stare at the boulder in the clearing, already plotting out a pincer maneuver around the obstruction between her and Church to take out the poor unfortunate hider here. And just as Church darted around to begin this very....poorly plotted plan, Leslie noticed the ground at her feet beginning to glow a very violent and unfriendly orange. Now, normally, she would dive away and harden herself in an attempt to take cover from the explosion as best she could. But she caught sight of her salvation as a bubble flew through the forest towards her. Letting it engulf her as the glow reached its zenith, Leslie let a toothy grin cross both of her mouths as the explosion sent her and the bubble rocketing up into the air. Looking at the red and white rocker that now sat beneath her, the hybrid would pop the bubble through a violent application of her Iron Defense via her horn. Plummeting from the sky towards the man beneath her, Leslie released the hardening as she simply let gravity take care of this one. No need to try and turn him into a smear when concussed and very injured would do. "You're really blowing up! But I think you'd do better playing a little metal!" Leslie yelled as she neared her target beneath her.

-----

Aria would take a face full of the powdered Tamato Berry, visibly recoiling from the sudden assault on her senses before biting down on her lip to keep her senses relatively focused. She took worse yesterday, but it sure as hell was taking all she had to not collapse gasping and wheezing. Well, if it was gonna be this kind of fighting, Aria would have to adapt. Taking off with a little stumble that she needed to push herself up to recover from, the performer would could in swinging a wide punch towards the girl's head.....at least before snapping that punch forward into a throw that sent a handful of sand into the girl's face. Diving down as she did so, Aria would move to clumsily sweep the leg. She didnt have the best vision right now, so it was hard to tell if it was gonna sweep or simply be a kick in the foot.

Unfortunately, all the effort it was taking just to keep her own composure kept Aria from helping to guide Toxel. So it was more instinct than any focused effort that led to Toxel doing what it could do best: Stay still and attempt to scare off the opponent by sparking with electricity. Which.....wasn't a terrible plan but was far from ideal as Billy took the Waterfall attack head-on, imparting a strong dose of electricity via Nuzzle into the water-encased Clobbopus. Guess he would see how well that......plan? worked.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:07 pm
Cecile Silverstone

Requiem of Whyspers

Reno Vantas

Blizzard120

The martial artist and Kaya would wrestle for a while more, the man putting up a surprising fight for a non-Channeler or hybrid. Eventually he would successfully flip Kaya around, tanking the Fairy energy behind the Play Rough, and pin the Hybrid on his back while sitting on his chest, twisting and holding his arm to keep him pinned. Not often you see a normal human get this far in a fight with a Hybrid. He only stopped and loosened his grip on Kaya’s arm when Ulla began her dance. His Crabrawler stopped short of getting a cheapshot in himself, claw hanging over Kaya’s head before it too stopped to watch Ulla.

Lickitung had just gotten back on its feet before Hitmonchan came blasting onto the scene, slamming its fist into the licking Pokemon, launching it off its feet and sending it fall back to Earth with a hard thud, knocked out cold. The green haired man, its trainer, stared in disbelief upon witnessing his Pokemon’s defeat, a Roto-drone quickly appearing with a Kadabra to teleport him and his Pokemon away and out of the tournament.

The Haxorus was blasted directly in the face by Freth, the chilling force freezing its entire head causing the dragon to whip back and away from her, flailing madly as it panicked. Eventually it figured out to smash its head on the ground and break the ice encasing its head, panting heavily afterwards as if it looked like it would faint here and there. Finding a second wind it seemed as if it would retaliate against Freth, that was until the music that had been playing this whole time suddenly stopped. Now baffled, the Haxorus began to look around confused for a bit before noting the Misty Terrain sweeping the ground and actually really noticing Freth for the first time. It was as if in that moment it could think clearly and did the only logical thing; the Haxorus ran away.

Hearing Leslie above him the guitarist panicked and spun around putting his guitar between himself and her. It wasn’t near enough to actually tank the hit and Leslie easily shattered through it but the messy clash saved him from a worse blow and instead her horn smacked his shoulder and sent him reeling, the pieces of his shattered guitar sent flying. Now on the ground and screaming out in pain as he clutched his shoulder he glared at Leslie. “My guitar!” Was all he could think to say, more worried about the instrument than his own shattered shoulder. His Turtornator by this time was getting ready to rush up and unleash a Flamethrower on Leslie, but that was when Ulla began her dance, both Pokemon and trainer mesmerized into silence by it.

The young girl and her Raichu were in the best position to take in Ulla’s display in full, the two sitting in silence as they watched. A few seconds in the girl gave Ulla a nod before getting up and began to mimic her dance, her Alolan Raichu shooting off Thunderbolts into the air for her own display. After a brief moment of mimicry she turned to the rodent. “Ami, help the bird lady up. Sean, let him go! We’ve already lost Ulu! This needs to stop! And where is Ryuki!?” The meek girl was gone, she was inspired by Ulla’s dance to take control of this situation.

The one called Sean would promptly obey the girl, the martial artist letting go of Kaya and running off to find Ryuki. Her Alolan Raichu would approach Freth and offer its little paw to her, once grabbed the rodent would let off a Helping Hand to give her a burst of energy to help her catch her breath and get her back on her feet. Before long Sean would return with Ryuki leaning on his shoulder, the man dragging a piece of his destroyed guitar behind him with his floppy arm. Leslie would be close behind.

“I want to apologize for my teammates, I guess we’re just all on edge.” The girl told Ulla as she approached her. “My name is Nina. I didn’t expect to see an Alolan here not on our team.” She smiled. “So uh...there was something you guys wanted to say?” She asked, looking from Ulla, to Freth, then to Kaya, and finally Leslie.

Blizzard120

KrystatheMewes

Darksol88

That poor Kalosian in the river didn’t stand a chance against the surge of Magikarp in their breeding frenzy, the wave of fish sweeping the trainer and her Pokemon away as they both struggled in vain. They wouldn’t be bothering them anymore. As for the Liepard it would be dealt with equal ease, the cat moving so fast that it couldn’t even see the Wooloo in time, the Cruel Pokemon kind of bouncing off and over the Wooloo, sending it tumbling to the ground on the other side. With its ambush ruined the predator was quick to flee, Liepard were cowardly once they had lost the element of surprise.

“Hey! That was ours!” The Unovan battling the Kantonian shouted as Blizzard came flying overhead and scored the drone. There wasn’t much he could do about it though, he was too busy trying to win against this girl and her Marill. How was she so strong? The girl on the other hand didn’t seem bothered.

With the drone claimed and a powerful new ally gained in Blizzard’s Articuno it was time to move on, find Team Galar’s camp, and introduce them to the Freeze Pokemon.

Now on the other side of the river they would travel through an open field dotted with patches of tall grass, wild Pokemon running all about. One of these Pokemon seemed familiar, like a Zigzagoon but white and black in coloring and somehow way more erratic than the kind they were familiar with. Might be best to stay clear of those things, one just ran into a Rhyhorn and it didn’t seem too happy about it. Along the way they would pass under a bridge, the brick columns towering over them. Floating between a pair of columns was a blue Roto-drone, completely unclaimed, a number 1 on it to indicate someone could retrieve a base Pokemon or up to second stage. Maybe it was Aden’s time to pick something?

Eventually the trio would come to the edge of the grassy field, where trees were replaced by large rocks jutting out of the ground. Stony Wilderness this area was called, which means they were close, Dusty Bowl was just on the other side. Just as they showed up on the scene a trainer from Johto just had his Piloswine soundly defeated by a wild Bronzong. The lad fell to his knees in disbelief as he caressed the Pokemon, anticipating the arrival of the Roto-drone to take him away now that his last Pokemon was knocked out. As the drone appeared with a Kadabra the trainer spotted Blizzard, a look of surprise on his face as if he recognized the hybrid but nothing could be said as the trainer was soon teleported away. Perhaps a gym trainer from Mahogany? Who knows. For now though that Bronzong he just lost too? Still seemed pretty mad for whatever reason. Wait, was that Wishing Piece the trainer left behind? It was on the ground on the other side of the Bronzong though.

“Brooonz!” It chimed, the sun shining brightly in the sky, must be how that trainer lost. Spotting the trio the angry wild Pokemon gathered energy provided by the sun, forming a bigger than usual flaming ball of fire above it before launching said Weather Ball down at the Snagems before it, the ball exploding with a devastating eruption of flames upon impact. Looks like it wanted a fight. Does it seem like some of the Wild Pokemon around here are particularly powerful or what?

Requiem of Whyspers

Reno Vantas

TerashiLeonGoken

”Arkelos”

The Earthquake disrupted the Infestation swarm while the resulting explosion from the Focus Blast caused the constructs to completely lose their form and dissipate harmlessly. Just like Odd planned the Orbeetle indeed decided to turn its gaze on Arkelos and the Riolu, deeming them the bigger problem for now. Pointing a claw at Riolu the insect fired off a powerful Psybeam at the Fighting type. However right after the attack was launched the shadowy ribbons conjured by Odd wrapped around and restrained it, the Orbeetle helpless to stop it. Struggling fiercely it tried to free itself. In time it just might but for now one of them had plenty of time to either catch it or knock it out. Regardless of which choice they picked once the Orbeetle was either contained in a Pokemon or slumped over on the ground knocked out a sparkling rock would clatter onto the ground, a Wishing Piece! Apparently it was embedded in the Orbeetle this whole time. Maybe that’s why it was so powerful and a little bigger than normal? Kind of like a pseudo-Dyanamax? That was a question for later.

They now had another Wishing Piece and Odd had reacquired one of his Pokemon and despite it all they suffered little damage through it all. As if someone or something was purposely keeping the action going another Roto-beacon would go off from the southwest area of the Dappled Grove, another blue one! Which means it could be Terashi or Arkelos’s turn to get another Pokemon.

By the time they arrived on scene they would find the drone, with a 0 on it, floating in front of a hole dug out in the side of a small mound in the middle of a clearing. Instincts told them that hole was a problem a Pokemon’s den and it wouldn’t be too happy if one of them disturbed it then again they couldn’t just let the drone go to waste or allow someone else to get it.

“You guys are going to pay for that!” A certain red head shouted as he approached the Snagems again, still soaking wet after his sudden swimming lesson, his Claydol floating beside him. He did not seem very happy, in fact his face was completely red. If there was indeed something in there slumbering, and Arkelos’s nose told him there indeed was, they really couldn’t let him continue to shout like that. “Claydol, Extrasensory on his mole!” He demanded, the Clay Doll immediately telepathically squeezing the mind of Terashi’s Drilbur.

-----

The girl tried to avoid the punch only to get a face full of sand in her eyes, causing her to recoil and try to rub her eyes which only made it worse. In her vulnerable state she tripped over Aria’s clumsy kick and fell over, catching herself sloppily as she fell to one knee, still try to rub her eyes and regain her sight. “Aaah! You muppet!” The girl shouted at her in frustration.

As for her Clobbopus while it successfully landed its Waterfall the Tantrum Pokemon took a direct Nuzzle, receiving a painful shock that would have left any other Pokemon paralyzed, but not it and its Limber form.

“Use Circle Throw and aim it at me!” She called out to her Pokemon, in that moment revealing she didn’t take as much sand to the eyes as she put on, the girl lunging forward to grab Aria. In that same Pokemon Clobbopus would also reveal it wasn’t that bad off, the Nuzzle failing to paralyze it. The octopus would grab a hold of Toxel and spin around with it in its tentacles a few times before chucking it in the direction its trainer had been. The girl would do similar, grab Aria and try to push her into the path of Toxel so the two would collide with each other. Not bothering to wait to see if she succeeded, the girl immediately ran for the drone, suggesting that she absolutely had to have another Pokemon if she were to make it out of this.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

KrystatheMewes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:14 pm
Blizzard120

KrystatheMewes

Darksol88

That poor Kalosian in the river didn’t stand a chance against the surge of Magikarp in their breeding frenzy, the wave of fish sweeping the trainer and her Pokemon away as they both struggled in vain. They wouldn’t be bothering them anymore. As for the Liepard it would be dealt with equal ease, the cat moving so fast that it couldn’t even see the Wooloo in time, the Cruel Pokemon kind of bouncing off and over the Wooloo, sending it tumbling to the ground on the other side. With its ambush ruined the predator was quick to flee, Liepard were cowardly once they had lost the element of surprise.

“Hey! That was ours!” The Unovan battling the Kantonian shouted as Blizzard came flying overhead and scored the drone. There wasn’t much he could do about it though, he was too busy trying to win against this girl and her Marill. How was she so strong? The girl on the other hand didn’t seem bothered.

With the drone claimed and a powerful new ally gained in Blizzard’s Articuno it was time to move on, find Team Galar’s camp, and introduce them to the Freeze Pokemon.

Now on the other side of the river they would travel through an open field dotted with patches of tall grass, wild Pokemon running all about. One of these Pokemon seemed familiar, like a Zigzagoon but white and black in coloring and somehow way more erratic than the kind they were familiar with. Might be best to stay clear of those things, one just ran into a Rhyhorn and it didn’t seem too happy about it. Along the way they would pass under a bridge, the brick columns towering over them. Floating between a pair of columns was a blue Roto-drone, completely unclaimed, a number 1 on it to indicate someone could retrieve a base Pokemon or up to second stage. Maybe it was Aden’s time to pick something?

Eventually the trio would come to the edge of the grassy field, where trees were replaced by large rocks jutting out of the ground. Stony Wilderness this area was called, which means they were close, Dusty Bowl was just on the other side. Just as they showed up on the scene a trainer from Johto just had his Piloswine soundly defeated by a wild Bronzong. The lad fell to his knees in disbelief as he caressed the Pokemon, anticipating the arrival of the Roto-drone to take him away now that his last Pokemon was knocked out. As the drone appeared with a Kadabra the trainer spotted Blizzard, a look of surprise on his face as if he recognized the hybrid but nothing could be said as the trainer was soon teleported away. Perhaps a gym trainer from Mahogany? Who knows. For now though that Bronzong he just lost too? Still seemed pretty mad for whatever reason. Wait, was that Wishing Piece the trainer left behind? It was on the ground on the other side of the Bronzong though.

“Brooonz!” It chimed, the sun shining brightly in the sky, must be how that trainer lost. Spotting the trio the angry wild Pokemon gathered energy provided by the sun, forming a bigger than usual flaming ball of fire above it before launching said Weather Ball down at the Snagems before it, the ball exploding with a devastating eruption of flames upon impact. Looks like it wanted a fight. Does it seem like some of the Wild Pokemon around here are particularly powerful or what?

Krysta watched the Bronzong chiming in the sunlight. she wondered what it was saying. sensing her wonder Elgyem chimed in her head "It wants to fight. it wants to prove its metal so it can seek a worthy partner. but its pretty much beat everyone around here and well... its not so nicely taunting people to come and try to beat it." Krysta made a note of the display as possible bronzong mating rituals to study in the lab later. "That's kinda Neat.!"

She stared at Blizz. "so what do we do? that thing looks crazy strong and eager to fight. how do we get around it? Are you able to fight it while I may sneak around and get the wishing piece? is that an option?"

As krysta waited for blizzard to respond her eye caught just the barest glimpse of something... pink? running through the grass. It didn't seem to be aggressive but she made note of it all the same just to cause that's what scientists did. She pet muse until they decided how to move forward with dealing with the issue right in front of them.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:30 am
SubonicXP

Kaya was quickly put in a position where he couldn't manage to wrest himself free of the martial artist's grip, still struggling in spite of it, though. "Jeez... You can't be any ordinary human." He grunted out as his face was planted in the grass. He couldn't see anything going on around him at this point, unfortunately and had no idea what was happening to the others regardless of whose team they were on. He did, however, pick up on a change in Ulla's emotional state when she began her dance. The confidence and determination she exuded was something to be proud of, especially for a child of her age. Unfortunately for the hybrid, he was shortly distracted as the energy of his Play Rough finally faded and he let out an ear piercing scream only a moment before he was released. Apparently, maintaining his attack had been the only thing preventing it from happening but the martial artist sitting on him had twisted his arm far enough that when the energy dissipated, he felt a crack deep in his forearm. In spite of his skin's metallic nature, he was still mostly flesh, blood and bone inside.

Rolling away from the martial artist as he was released, he would be doubled over, cradling his now-broken arm and fighting back tears from the pain as he spoke. "We came... Ha.... to apologize for last night..." The pain radiating through his forearm was making it difficult to focus on his words at this point. "We wanted to.. gah! To ally with you. Help you find a wishing star or two...ah... If you just don't attack our base." His breathing was already becoming labored, a small amount of shock setting in. He hadn't had an injury like this in what felt like decades after being in the Fairy Realm for as long as he had been.

~~~

Odd groaned when the kid reappeared, his shadowy ribbons dissipating as he did. What little energy Cadenza could provide that he had stored from Baroque was gone. And from what it felt like, the Shedinja had already used up all of what he'd gathered from the rest of Odd's Pokemon so he only had access to three of his abilities for now and two of them required time to set up or were extremely costly in terms of his energy. "Replay, use Aerial Ace. Grab that Wishing Piece and bring it here, quickly!" He directed his Chatot. The little parrot nodded and rocketed toward were Orbeetle had been, aiming to collect the stone and bring it back.

"You two! Go find that drone! Arkelos... I'm sure you want one of your Pokemon on you but Terashi can benefit from his Channeling more so if you're willing to let him have it, as soon as I can join you, I promise we'll find another one for you as well. But that's your call when you get there. Now go!" He wouldn't know they could only collect another Pokemon with in it's base form from where he stood, aiming to distract the Team Sinnoh kid. Before they left, however, Odd would summon another Guardian Halo around Simon for a moment to block out some of the Psychic energy coming toward the Drilbur.

"Cadenza, use Night Slash on that Claydol. We need to put a stop to it and knock this kid out of the tournament." He'd call to his Shedinja as soon as he had offered what protection he could to Simon. This was going to be tricky, he felt, so to be safe, he took aim with his Trainer's Eyes and shot the beam at the kid to force focus on himself.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:11 pm
Leslie would look over towards the speaking girl after having followed the guitarist she had tried to mildly ruin. And since no one else was speaking up, the small hybrid felt like she needed to speak now before the rest continued their awkward silence. "I'm sorry your guitarist's music sucks and he can't take a hit?" Leslie offered, looking at the rest of the team to do something more beneficial.

-------

Aria would look towards the fight between Billy and the Clobbopus, the distraction giving her opponent the moment she needed to lunge and grab her before Aria could figure how best to guide her little Poison type to a soft landing. Sent stumbling forward thanks to her being thrown, it would only take the performer a second to recover her footing and shout, "Billy! Go limp and be ready to Flail!" Aria shouted, quickly taking the flying Toxel into her hands and spinning with the momentum he had before throwing it back towards the Clobbopus, the G forces hitting the small Pokemon probably as hard as the impact would have. But it certainly helped with the aimless throwing of every possible limb it had to be as chaotic and unreadable as possible when it got close to the Clobbopus again.

Flexing in her arms slightly in reaction to the pain from having to redirect Billy, Aria would take off after the girl and dive to try and tackle her down or, barring that, at least grab her legs and keep her from the drone long enough to hopefully take out the Clobbopus. She didn't have any shame at being this petty. She wanted to win and also make a lil knockdown drag out fight for the cameras. Gotta give a good show somehow.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:33 pm
"Yea, yea, bite me." I said, almost half-heartedly to the trainer back at the bridge, if only because I was still kind of lost in thought as to if this was the right decision or not. It was too late for me to reconsider it. I'm going to have to deal. Once I reunite with the other two of my scouting party, we set off for our destination, trying to keep relatively out of sight and looking for anything of interest.

We'd eventually come across another drone, marked with a "1" on it. I doubted it'd be of any interest to Krista since I doubt she had anything else other than her Skunky. Aden probably could make use of it, though. With things starting to intensify in this tournament, let alone the wild Pokemon probably all stirred up from this competition, he'd probably could use the help.

I have to admit at this point, this Wild Area was pretty vast with its rolling hills and teeming with Pokemon both familiar and unfamiliar alike. I suppose this scouting mission was worth while to actually take in the sights and see what we were in for around here. I had to admit though, there didn't seem to be much cover around here; the entire wild area seemed to settle on a heavily grassy plain, with only a couple of lakes dotting here or there, with the major one back to our south where everyone else in our team was at. I was left to wonder just a moment how did the Pokemon league for Galar left to function out here, because surely someone could have easily made a mistake heading to this point in town. I was starting to pick up a good few stronger presences in Pokemon a lot more frequently now as opposed to back where our camp was; something I knew for sure that newcomer trainers wouldn't be able to handle right away.

The plains however, seemed to started to thin out, there was more sand than grass and the green started to further thin out as we started to find ourselves to what I am starting to assume the start of the Dusty bowl. I perked up, overhearing a battle transpire. I had to take a second to find where it was coming from, only to see the very last few seconds of the battle where someone with his Piloswine was taken out by a Bronzong. I could only stare in confusion as I noticed the trainer started to give a look of surprise. I didn't recognize him; not anyone that I was familiar with, I don't think. But more importantly, the Bronzong he was fighting was having one hell of an adrenaline rush and wanted to keep it going. My eyes widened once the Bronzong started to unleash its Weather Ball towards us. "Incoming!"

I hopped back to get away from the attack, quickly looking back towards the Bronzong. I was back to wondering if I should have gotten Decidueye after all. I shook my head of the thought, listening to Krista. "Probably one of our better options. You're not going without cover though...Aden, we're going to need to go with little damage as possible, lets put this thing down quick. Krista, get ready."

I took out the Pokeball that I received from the Roto-Drone, giving a hard sigh. "Go!" I shouted, tossing the ball forward. The ball bursts in a flash of light, revealing to the living bell the Legendary Pokemon, Articuno. "Arrrrriiiiii!" It screeched out as it was revealed, landing on the ground before the three of us. Articuno looked around, staring at its unfamiliar surroundings, then looked back at me. "Arrri...?"

"Hey Articuno, are you up for some sport?" I asked, pointing towards the Bronzong. The Articuno snapped his head back seeing the fight-happy Bronzong then looked back towards me. "Arrrrii?" It spoke up, asking.

"It is a battle, Articuno." I said solemly. Articuno, excuse the pun, started to get cold feet. I was afraid of this. "Articuno. Listen to me." I said. "You can do this. You've been ready for a long time, I don't know if you're aware, but you can prove it to yourself right now. We'll take it one step at a time, alright?" There wasn't a reply from the legendary bird, but Articuno turned back and got ready to fight. "Krista, get ready..." Alright, what do I have...wishing piece within running distance, Bronzong taking advantage of strong sunshine, and if we're being quite honest with ourselves, not that grand of a moveset on Articuno that could dominate this steel type. Alright, first things first... "Articuno! Hail!" I shouted. This was probably going to give Aden and Krista a couple of lumps, let alone to their Pokemon, but I had faith they could follow up. "Krista, get going, now!"

"ARRRIII!" The Articuno shrilled out, its own voice practically echoed with power, as it took to the air; the skies started to darken and the winds grew cold. Ice then started to fall from the skies upon the battlefield the Bronzong designated. Bronzong, if he hadn't already, probably was starting to realize he picked the wrong fight.

----------------

Freth stood there, still crouched, hands forward, ready to blast another Ice Beam to the offending Haxorus. She knew that couldn't have been anything close to kosher to the dragon type. She stared at it, practically daring for it to come back. She watched as the Haxorus got up and smashed the ice off its face, and it looked about ready to come after Freth once more, but then...the music died. And in a moment of clarity, the Haxorus left. "........ugh". Freth dropped her hands to recollect herself for a moment, only to perk up seeing the Raichu come over to her to get her back on her feet. "Uh, thanks." She said, getting back up on two feet.

She had to stretch a bit, trying to get some of the soreness out from where the Haxorus chopped at her. She stopped, however, when the girl, privy to the fact that they weren't there for a fight, addressed the four of them. "You being on edge is actually why we were out here. You saw the scoreboard this morning, right?" Freth asked. "If things keep going the way they were, Galar is going to dominate everything uncontested and you're probably going to be the first to go. We're offering a fighting chance."  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:04 pm
SubonicXP

Blizzard120

KrystatheMewes

"Guess you're cutting your losses," Aden remarked as the Liepard bailed. He didn't seem terribly surprised about it, having Wooloo follow behind him as he caught up with the others. That's when he saw the "fork" of sorts between the Roto-drone and Wishing Piece... and the Bronzong wanting a fight. Followed by not only Blizz's suggestion, but the reveal of what he went for with that Roto-drone that was contested before. "Okay, a few questions. First, when did you decide to go from brass ones to steel ones? Second are you sure they're ready for primetime like... actually, that one can wait. I'm not about to turn down something like that when we'd have our work cut out for us, even if it's 2-on-1."

Wooloo seemed to be a lot less keen on fighting with whatever the hell that blue bird was, and she tried to roll behind Aden... only to be pushed back to the forefront. "Look, we're taking this one step at a time too, yeah? Just as they are. Besides, intimidating as they look, they're on our side. Just follow my lead, and theirs, and we'll be fine. Alright?" There was some hesitation, but she'd eventually bleat in acknowledgement and ready herself.

"Good. In that case, Growl!"

What came less was anything but intimidating as Wooloo gave several bleating sounds that could be seen more as cute than much else. But maybe it'd take the edge off of Bronzong's wariness.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:03 pm
"Looks like I missed the action," Absinthe said as she approached Ulla. "I heard the fighting from a while back, so I figured I'd show up and help you beat up some fools, but it looks like you took care of it already."

"To Keiko"
"Ulla's safe. Don't freak out too much, Mama Bunny."

~*~

"Thanks, Odd," I said simply, getting on my hoverboard and riding past the Sinnoh fool. Simon, who had still taken some small amount of damage from Extrasensory, was feeling a bit vindictive and dove into the ground, rising up to X-Scissor Claydol before running off after his trainer. He would have went back underground and tracked his trainer's footsteps, but the hoverboard removed that possibility.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

KrystatheMewes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:57 pm
Blizzard120
"Yea, yea, bite me." I said, almost half-heartedly to the trainer back at the bridge, if only because I was still kind of lost in thought as to if this was the right decision or not. It was too late for me to reconsider it. I'm going to have to deal. Once I reunite with the other two of my scouting party, we set off for our destination, trying to keep relatively out of sight and looking for anything of interest.

We'd eventually come across another drone, marked with a "1" on it. I doubted it'd be of any interest to Krista since I doubt she had anything else other than her Skunky. Aden probably could make use of it, though. With things starting to intensify in this tournament, let alone the wild Pokemon probably all stirred up from this competition, he'd probably could use the help.

I have to admit at this point, this Wild Area was pretty vast with its rolling hills and teeming with Pokemon both familiar and unfamiliar alike. I suppose this scouting mission was worth while to actually take in the sights and see what we were in for around here. I had to admit though, there didn't seem to be much cover around here; the entire wild area seemed to settle on a heavily grassy plain, with only a couple of lakes dotting here or there, with the major one back to our south where everyone else in our team was at. I was left to wonder just a moment how did the Pokemon league for Galar left to function out here, because surely someone could have easily made a mistake heading to this point in town. I was starting to pick up a good few stronger presences in Pokemon a lot more frequently now as opposed to back where our camp was; something I knew for sure that newcomer trainers wouldn't be able to handle right away.

The plains however, seemed to started to thin out, there was more sand than grass and the green started to further thin out as we started to find ourselves to what I am starting to assume the start of the Dusty bowl. I perked up, overhearing a battle transpire. I had to take a second to find where it was coming from, only to see the very last few seconds of the battle where someone with his Piloswine was taken out by a Bronzong. I could only stare in confusion as I noticed the trainer started to give a look of surprise. I didn't recognize him; not anyone that I was familiar with, I don't think. But more importantly, the Bronzong he was fighting was having one hell of an adrenaline rush and wanted to keep it going. My eyes widened once the Bronzong started to unleash its Weather Ball towards us. "Incoming!"

I hopped back to get away from the attack, quickly looking back towards the Bronzong. I was back to wondering if I should have gotten Decidueye after all. I shook my head of the thought, listening to Krista. "Probably one of our better options. You're not going without cover though...Aden, we're going to need to go with little damage as possible, lets put this thing down quick. Krista, get ready."

I took out the Pokeball that I received from the Roto-Drone, giving a hard sigh. "Go!" I shouted, tossing the ball forward. The ball bursts in a flash of light, revealing to the living bell the Legendary Pokemon, Articuno. "Arrrrriiiiii!" It screeched out as it was revealed, landing on the ground before the three of us. Articuno looked around, staring at its unfamiliar surroundings, then looked back at me. "Arrri...?"

"Hey Articuno, are you up for some sport?" I asked, pointing towards the Bronzong. The Articuno snapped his head back seeing the fight-happy Bronzong then looked back towards me. "Arrrrii?" It spoke up, asking.

"It is a battle, Articuno." I said solemly. Articuno, excuse the pun, started to get cold feet. I was afraid of this. "Articuno. Listen to me." I said. "You can do this. You've been ready for a long time, I don't know if you're aware, but you can prove it to yourself right now. We'll take it one step at a time, alright?" There wasn't a reply from the legendary bird, but Articuno turned back and got ready to fight. "Krista, get ready..." Alright, what do I have...wishing piece within running distance, Bronzong taking advantage of strong sunshine, and if we're being quite honest with ourselves, not that grand of a moveset on Articuno that could dominate this steel type. Alright, first things first... "Articuno! Hail!" I shouted. This was probably going to give Aden and Krista a couple of lumps, let alone to their Pokemon, but I had faith they could follow up. "Krista, get going, now!"

"ARRRIII!" The Articuno shrilled out, its own voice practically echoed with power, as it took to the air; the skies started to darken and the winds grew cold. Ice then started to fall from the skies upon the battlefield the Bronzong designated. Bronzong, if he hadn't already, probably was starting to realize he picked the wrong fight.

----------------

Freth stood there, still crouched, hands forward, ready to blast another Ice Beam to the offending Haxorus. She knew that couldn't have been anything close to kosher to the dragon type. She stared at it, practically daring for it to come back. She watched as the Haxorus got up and smashed the ice off its face, and it looked about ready to come after Freth once more, but then...the music died. And in a moment of clarity, the Haxorus left. "........ugh". Freth dropped her hands to recollect herself for a moment, only to perk up seeing the Raichu come over to her to get her back on her feet. "Uh, thanks." She said, getting back up on two feet.

She had to stretch a bit, trying to get some of the soreness out from where the Haxorus chopped at her. She stopped, however, when the girl, privy to the fact that they weren't there for a fight, addressed the four of them. "You being on edge is actually why we were out here. You saw the scoreboard this morning, right?" Freth asked. "If things keep going the way they were, Galar is going to dominate everything uncontested and you're probably going to be the first to go. We're offering a fighting chance."

Krysta nodded acknowledging blizzards directions. She would begin heading towards the wishing piece through the grass. "On it." Krysta would try to be quiet as possible with her limited experience, but she wasn't exactly stealthy like a liepard here. elgeym traveled along side her as she made her way through the slightly swaying grass. she was about... 10 to 15 feet or so on the other side from where she started, waiting for further orders before going for the star piece. She didn't want to make a mistake and cost the team an opportunity at the wishing piece. "you like this stuff? this is fun to you" elgeym's voice came in to her head calmly. "sssshhh we will later. for now I need to focus," Elgeym stared ahead. "do you think that articuno is related to that hybrid guy? they don't seem to like or trust each other much. wonder how family get togethers must be..." Krysta flinched as the voice went into her brain . "Not NOW. FOCUS. we need to get that piece and help the team out if we a re gonna get you back to your family." The elgyem just looked at krysta with what she thought was annoyance. "Well Excuse me for making polite conversation!"  
Team Mission Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff