Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Anakumath's Touching] Come Forth to Contemplate Stars Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:11 pm
Funfetti Egg

The baby inside Funfetti seems to shift to press itself up against the side of the egg where Lojze's cheek rests with good humor. A shame he can't stay, but it understands! It does have some wonderful siblings, after all! Funfetti sends the boy a warm burst of cheer to hopefully keep him going. And maybe he can come back later to tell Funfetti all about it.

Tatterpixie

Happy Ghost Egg

Ah. Someone new. The baby inside of Happy Ghost gives Jemaselle a somewhat aloof nudge of acknowledgement as it turns and settles in it's shell. It is a touching and they are being touched. It is far too soon to make rash judgements as to if things are well or not. Are things going better out there?

Shaddaling

Happy Ghost Egg

Hmmmm. The baby inside of Happy Ghost seemed to shift and settle again, as if trying to peer past Chakuri to see what the other eggs were up to. A silly notion, considering eggs could only be so much trouble as they were - but one had to keep their eyes peeled. First impressions could be deceiving, after all. But nobody had acted out yet, so perhaps Happy Ghost was having an okay time of things.

Tsunake

Happy Ghost Egg

Someone was touching them and Happy Ghost was rather thankful for the silence, taking the unquestioned time to quietly pick through Nalacko's mind. It had nothing to do with the way it's shell looked, really, and it was a little disappointed that said shell had garnered attention rather than any interest in who was inside of it.

Magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:15 pm
Kinyegele - She/Her

Oh! Kinye brimmed with delight at the positive response from the red and white egg, rubbing her hand gently on the surface like one would pat the head of a well behaved canine. "Of course I'll try to come visit again!" she declared, certain she'd draw some attention from the others nearby for her passionate decree before she moved on to the next egg.

Which in this case was Black Cat - who was fortunately getting some high quality attention, it seemed! Oh! Aren't you just the star of the show over here! Well deserved, I'd dare think! sure, she may have thought the world of every egg she'd met, but right now she was meeting Black Cat egg and that meant it was the most stellar egg she'd met in her entire life!

----

Kahbrohm - He/Him

Well, he was feeling rather appreciated by Blue Moon and as such, Kahbrohm decided to linger a little while longer - just because he had good taste. You have your pick of the entire platter and of course you have my undivided attention. As it should be. Of course he wasn't going to pretend he was special to this little egg, but he knew he was a catch to be had and perhaps they could both appreciate how special it was that they were there together.

-----
Draza - She/Her

Hmmm, Avocado liked the monotonous meet-and-greet of gatherings, did it? Well, Draza wouldn't consider that a bad thing at least. I think one can only say hello, hi, I'm whoever-I-am so many times in a day, though. Meeting people is fun, but sometimes an icebreaker is more exciting than just a rinsed-and-repeated greeting.

-----

Cetra - She/Her

Cetra lingered with Orange Slice for a little longer. I have a mother, who only wants the best for me, and a little sister, and of course my father. She did love her father, despite his coddling and the physical mark it had left upon her. I know he wants the best for me, even if perhaps he was a little overbearing about it. He and my mother don't live together and I haven't seen him in some time. she confessed with a tinge of conflicted sadness.

----

Lihyo - She/Her

Lihyo's lips set tightly at Sunshine's inquiry as to if there was anything she wanted to share, then almost defensively she pulled away from the egg. It wasn't as if it had offended her in any way and in fact, had been very sweet.....she placed her hand back after a moment. There is nothing in me worth sharing. I should hope you get to see better things than that.

-----

Midrymear - He/Him

Well, it was a reasonable answer at least. Midrymear offered the egg, as dismissive as it seemed, a pat before he moved off to one side to meet Eggplant. His hand pressed against the shell, he rubbed his hand along the surface, getting a feel for the texture of it. It looks as though you are gathering a bit of a throng for yourself - is that ideal to you or are you one who prefers their solitude?

-----
Juhvek - He/Him

Ah, this baby wasn't having a good day in the least. But that was neither Juhvek's problem nor his fault. It wouldn't be the first time an egg told him to remove himself and frankly he wasn't going to be the one who messed around and found out how irritable it could get. Instead, he'd make his way over to Lisa Frank who seemed to have a cozy enough spot.

Do you like the crowd or does it feel like you get asked the same things over and over again? Juhvek certainly felt like he'd thought the same thoughts at different eggs over and over thru the turns and perhaps that was tedious to the little unhatched dragons.

----

Beelim - He/Him

He was relieved to not feel like his natural state of being was bothering the little egg (and in fact seemed excited by any thought he had to share). I'd be happy to share more with you, Beelim sighed - and he did linger for a little while longer until it was time to go meet other eggs. Perhaps 90s Picture Day egg wouldn't mind a little more company.

What are you most excited to see when you hatch? He imagined finding their rider would be a rather high priority, but... I mean, besides all of us and hopefully yours. So maybe like the top three things.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:36 pm
Candidate Nalacko - she/her

Oh dear. She'd disappointed the Happy Ghost Egg. Nala ducked her head in apology. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to judge you by your shell. I won't do it again. Enjoy the rest of your Touching. She quickly withdrew her hand from the shell so as not to disappoint it any further. Shards. What if she'd disappointed Black Cat Egg too? But no it had seemed overflowing with joy, she recalled the absolute rush of joy it had sent her.

Right. Disappoint no more eggs. She could do that, right? Right? Nala did her best to push her doubts out of her mind for the moment as she approached the 90s Picture Day Egg. She kept to the fore of her mind that she wanted to meet this baby, not for the color of their shell, but for them. And to let them meet her. Nala rested her hand lightly against the dark and bright egg.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:46 pm
Whren

"Ugh," He scrubbed at his face and eyes. "Probably.. Probably for the best," he said finally. He stood a bit wobbly on his feet. Okay, feet under him and time to slowly head down the steps. Whren tangled his fingers in the sleeves of his coat and started the slow walk.
V'res and just... focus on breathing.

Uta

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:48 pm
Corn Egg

History??? It doesn't know about all that, but this egg is happy to embrace Shaye with warm contentment all the same. It just knows it's having a grand old time, and Shaye should join in! It takes a deeper look at her before letting out the egg equivalent of a huff. She's had a rough time, huh? That's okay. The Corn Egg thinks she's wonderful as-is, so why not kick back and chat with it a while?

Tatterpixie

Corn Egg

Delight poured from the egg when Nisadee agreed to stay, and it would have patted the spot next to it if it had been able. It and its siblings are a pretty big deal, it guesses. Honestly, it doesn't quite get all the fuss, but its not complaining! If Nisadee were an egg, she'd get to learn quite a lot about people just by sitting around with no effort required. Cool, right?

Meepfur

Corn Egg

The best? Really? It bets some of its siblings would have a lot to say about that! But still, that was really nice of Divisti to say! The egg sent a wave of warmth and affection to the girl, pleased as could be with the compliment. Does she want to hang out a while? This egg has nothing but time.

faesinger

Sunshine Egg

The egg's response was swift as it lent Haveli all the strength and courage it could muster. She is safe here with this egg, and it believes in her. It can see right past her icy armor and cutting remarks to those soft, hidden parts where she's hurting and afraid. Things have been very hard, but she is strong... and if this egg can help her stand a little more confidently, then it would be happy. Even if things don't work out the way she wants them to, the egg knows she will find her path one day. Don't give up.

houllow

Sunshine Egg

Is that true? Have things been difficult for Relku lately? The egg leans into his touch to offer what comfort it can, clearly concerned. It hopes he can see the sunshine soon, but in the meantime, it hopes he won't be disappointed if it doesn't happen to be as bright as its shell.

Meepfur

Sunshine Egg

The egg drew itself up at that, making as though to push Lihyo's words aside. That was nonsense. Lihyo was a special person, as all the Candidates gathered here today were special. The egg knew that offering trust wasn't easy, but it offered its own up to the girl without hesitation. It thought she was sensible, steady, and good-hearted. Sunshine refused to believe that Lihyo thought she was somehow lacking.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:54 pm
Kedah She/her - High Reaches

Although Kedah had arrived with the rest, she'd chosen to take her time selecting an egg. It was sort of interesting to watch the other Candidates react to the eggs, and it gave her a better idea of what was going on than simply showing up herself and having a go. Not that she minded that approach, either. Bowing to both parents, Kedah picked her way across the sands to lay her hand on the 90s Picture Day egg. "Hey in there. How's it going so far?" she asked, giving the egg a warm, though purely mental, welcome.

Yunara She/her - High Reaches

It was Yunara's first time ever being at a Touching. She'd seen a number of Hatchings now, yet... taking part in this sacred tradition was just... It was awe inspiring. If her eyes were a little wide, well, it was only because she couldn't believe she was here. Master F'dral had very kindly given her a quick but comprehensive training in Candidate essentials, and she was only too grateful to the man and his assistants for their efforts.

Walking carefully up before Anakumath and Elzebuth, Yunara took her skirts in each hand and executed a deep curtsey. "Thank you," she said softly. "It's an honor to meet them." And it truly was. She was oblivious to the chaos unfolding in the Stands, eyes fixed on the beautiful eggs that were already receiving so many greetings. Walking carefully around the edge of the clutch, Yunara tried to focus as much welcome and warmth as she could as she placed her hand upon Sunshine Egg's shell. "Hello! Thank you for letting me meet you," she told it in a whisper.

Fausell

It wasn't that touching eggs ever got old. It didn't. It was just that Faustell was an old hand at it by this point. He gave a bow to the mother and father, and sauntered over to the first egg that caught his eye. "Hey there," he said to the Eggplant Egg, laying his hand confidently upon its shell. "Nice to meet you." It was an eye catching egg, to be sure - why shouldn't it be his first? He was more than happy to make its acquaintance.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:59 pm
Jemaselle

"True, ehh, seem to be doing pretty good. I'm out here meeting you guys, so that is great." Jemaselle replied and left the egg alone to meet the others. She had things to think about but where should she go next.

Ooh! She had an idea of who she wanted to meet next. She hummed and found herself by the Sunshine egg, reaching out to carefully touch the shell. 'Hello,' she said relaxed. 'Nice to meet you.'  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:03 pm
Heida -- HR, she/her

Heida held a big grin on her face at the "amazinger" compliments she got from the 90s Picture Egg. The being inside was such a happy thing! And it seemed so fond of her too! The girl's heart swelled with the emotions coming from the baby dragon in the eggs. Maybe this little dragonet was the one for her...

"Thank you so much, little one!" she replied, filled with as much joy as the egg was. "I have to move on so I don't get in trouble, but I'm so glad I met you. You're pretty amazinger too!"

With that, Heida reluctantly removed her hand from the bright shell and moved on to the Star Egg. Placing her hand on the shell, she sent the baby within the same sense of joy and wonder and love that she still retained from her contact with its sibling. "Hello," she smiled softly. "You're a very attractive egg too!"

~~~~~~~
Lojze -- HR, he/him

Lojze had felt the contact with the dragonet in the Funfetti shell, and it filled him with wonder. Not for the first time at a Touching did he marvel that inside these eggs were creatures that would hatch and bond to one of them here, and grow up to be fighting dragons, massive and beautiful. "I'll be back, I promise," he told the egg as he lifted his hand from the shell and stepped back. He meant it, too.

Looking around, he decided to not stray very far from the egg he'd just left. He was feeling happy and full of warmth and joy, and he decided to share those feelings with the No.2 Pencil Egg. Resting a hand on the bright yellow shell, he gave the egg a smile. "You seem like a nice egg. I hope the Touching is going as well for you as it has for me!"

~~~~~~~
Shaye -- HR, she/her

The Corn Egg was very friendly and reassuring, and Shaye sank into the feeling of contentment and warmth it emanated. The hatchling inside the egg didn't seem very interested in history or the reverence she held for this tradition, but it seemed to sense she hadn't had the easiest time of things in her life, and seemed to nod mentally. Oh how she longed to stay with this egg! "I really wish I could stay and chat, but I have to move on before I get into trouble. You're a very nice baby -- I'm sure you'll find Yours on the SAnds when you hatch."

Shaye stepped away from the egg and moved to the next one, intending to complete a spiral as she moved around the clutch. Her next stop was the Blue Moon Egg, right nearby the Corn Egg. She brushed her fingers along the blue shell before placing her palm on it. "You're a very pretty egg," she murmured. "Are you as nice as your siblings are?" She suppressed the memories of previous Touchings, where some of the eggs had been less than welcoming, and focused instead on feelings of warmth and welcome and love.  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:13 pm
Finnisa - HR - She/Her
Ahhh, well. Oops? Sorry, egg! The woman was unsure if she ought to be amused or embarrassed at Blue Moon's demand that she give it more attention, but settled on obligingly upbeat. Sorry, so sorry about that! You have her full attention now. You're the best of the bunch, is that it? I guess I should have known, since you stood out and drew me over first, right? The rest are all lovely too, sure, but especially since you're being so polite when I was being rude... you're pretty AND nice! She sent a wave of affectionate indulgence at the egg, shifting so that she now had both palms flat against it, one thumb stroking an idle circle on the blue shell. Is this better for you? She definitely didn't want to upset the dragonet!

Zelaya - HR - She/Her & They/Them
Ah. She was silly, wasn't she? Of course you can hear me. I'm glad you can as well. It's very nice to hear you too. Thank you for your indulgence, dear one. Or... well, it wasn't like hearing. Not really. More like feeling, maybe? Zelaya had never quite understood it, but she gave a soft smile and a softer pat to the shell. It seemed like a very noble egg, very confident but also calm—she quite liked it, she'd admit. I'll gladly look forward to seeing you on your hatching day. I'm sure you'll do very well! All dragonets did, after all—who else knew better what they needed? As for her... she needed to move on to the next egg.

Picking at random (she would see ALL of them eventually, and no worries there), she silently crossed to put a hand on Avocado Egg, a polite and warm bubble of greeting swelling in her mind for the little egg. Hello there. Are you doing alright? We're all very happy to meet you, you know—you're the talk of the Weyr, of course! I hope it isn't too much for you, today. We're all here for you, I promise.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:29 pm
Rhylune she/her

"Ooh you are a magnificent egg," Rhylune whispered before moving onwards. There was so many to touch and they were all so grand and she wanted to touch them all. She moved around and finally settled on the Black cat egg. So adorable looking!

'Hi! I'm so happy to meet you.' She was so excited.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:39 pm
Haveli - she/her

The gentleness and support of the Sunshine egg was more than welcome, even if Haveli wasn't going to admit it. It was always nice to be flattered by an egg, to have them tell you that they supported you, and she bit back any bitter thoughts that may have followed after. Actions would always speak louder than words, and she was more than careful to pull her hand away lest she leave behind negativity. No need for clouds today, not on that little ray of hope. Instead when she finally decided to move off she placed a hand, said a bit of thanks, and moved towards the next egg.

It was a small egg, small at least compared to the last one she touched, but her hand was placed on it none-the-less and her thoughts focused. And what of you? Do you think I'm strong and amazing? It wasn't meant to be a question of judgment, but more like she was....well. And what of you? Strong, proud? I will admire that, I can't wait to see that. I want to see you.

Would this dragonet come out and command awe? She wasn't aware if the Moo Cow egg was restless, but she wanted to touch it none the less.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:17 pm
Rahmsii's experience with canines served him well in the moment. Who hadn't had a canine growl and snap at them, guarding their young or not enough scrap to eat? His own aggression had been like broken shards, long ago. The trembling and growling was palpable and he wasn't so stupid to push them. Instead he took a calm slow breath. Stay neutral, move slowly and deliberately. They were a child, and still learning.

"Okay, thank you little one." Came his even tone. He slowly stood, his hand now carefully off the moo cow egg. He walked slowly away, carefully finding an egg to settle at once more once. He rested his fingers on Black Cat Egg. How is your corner of the sands little one?  

Spockat

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:24 pm
Itzlel He/Him

Itzlel felt the offense from the blue moon egg, clearly this egg did not like the fact he had touched their sibling's egg before their's. He was surprised that this egg could still sense he had touched their sibling, he thought he had kept that out of his thoughts well enough. It seemed he still had a lot to learn about all of this candidate thing, didn't he? Yep, the little baby in this egg had wanted to be touched first, figuring being in the front would have indicated that. Though, the young man knew that it wasn't up to the egg entirely, as it had pointed out, its mother moved it often enough. However, he wasn't going to correct the egg, he was sure the egg had made its opinions known to the mother.

Forgive me, I did not mean to offend you at all. You deserve all the attention you desire, after all, we are told you are the stars,the young man apologized. He knew he had a duty to do, so he took his hand off the egg. He certainly was not used to this at all, even with what they had been told about each dragon within these eggs having personalities. Hearing something and experiencing something, they were definitely different things. He looked around to find out where to go next, deciding on the star egg next. He tried to make sure he wasn't thinking of the other two eggs, just in case this one wanted to feel special.

Hello, how are you doing in there? I imagine lots of thoughts all at once, hmm?he asked. He was starting to think he might need to start doing this a little like when he was trading, putting on his best face and treating each customer differently (or in this case, egg).  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:40 pm
Red and White Toadstool Egg

Having received no response to the very valid questions it had asked the last Candidate - aside from amusement and a little pat - Toadstool was quite offended. What a rude boy! It was in the midst of composing itself when Lelte touched it, and straightened in a hurry, putting itself in order like someone smoothing out their clothes. No, no, of course it wasn't overwhelmed. Everything was...capital! Yes, capital. It hoped that Lelte's exciting day was living up to her expectations, in a good way. Bad exciting would be, well...bad.

After a few more moments, it sent the young woman a feeling of polite apology. She'd caught it at a bad time. Perhaps if she came back later, it would be better able to give her proper attention and time.
dawns_aura

Star Egg

Once the young man had taken his leave, the dragonet inside the Star Egg put him out of mind and shook off its discomfort just in time for a new visitor to arrive, and this one was much more palatable. It returned Liniyah greeting with something like relief mixed with its approval. Now here was a lovely child, and Star couldn't help but notice that she'd been treated quite poorly by one of its siblings. Hmph. Indecorous. It reached out with a gentle mental boop of recompense.

As for being in the middle, it supposed it was, but had no opinion on the matter.
Tsunake

Another hand upon its shell, and Star sent Heida its polite greetings. It was an attractive egg, was it? It hadn't seen itself, of course, so it couldn't say for sure, but it would take her word for now. This was probably where it should tell Heida something positive about her appearance in turn, but...again, it couldn't see much of anything from in here. Surely she would understand.

tatterpixie

Itzlel would be given greetings as well, as that one blip aside, Star had quickly fallen into the groove of Touchings. It was doing well enough, all things considered, and the thoughts were not too many. There had been a steady enough stream, and while some of its siblings might be receiving more attention, it was, unlike some, not fussed about such matters. It did appreciate that Itzlel made the effort to try to make it feel special, though it needed no such reassurance.

But as others might, it eventually sent him along with a gentle nudge to go off and share with its siblings.

Dea and #Teddy#

Meepfur
Crew

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:55 pm
Vannek

The young man laughed audibly at the pencil egg's little bop, giving it an approving pat.

I do believe I have met the best egg first and no other will compare. But I have to visit at least one or two of your siblings or we'll both get in trouble. Ah! Here comes Lojze. He'll show you a good time.

Vannek straightened with a smile, sliding a veil over his thoughts as he lifted his fingers from the first egg he had ever touched. He didn't go far, pressing his hands to the Avocado Egg nearby.

Hello! Happy to meet you, little one. Are you enjoying yourself?

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff