Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[GOLDFLIGHT] So You Think You Can Dance [Mictecath's Maiden] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Dea and #Teddy# generated a random number between 1 and 90 ... 71!

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:43 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Nanuth had heard Mictecath's bugle for him and he sent one right back. He drank in the love, comfort, and reassurance that she sent his way. He knew she didn't need proof of his love, she knew how he had always been there when she needed him. Things were simple between them and he had no intentions of letting that go himself. He sent more love her way as he put on a little more speed, getting what help he could get from the thermals. He could see her golden light get ever closer, which sent a jolt of hope and excitement. While his injury had not slowed down his flying, he still worried sometimes that it might hinder him in ways he didn't expect. Such as when he started today, he had stumbled more than he should have. However, he was determined, he would do everything in his power to try and catch Mic this day.

I cannot let it go either and I shall not, my dear Mic. I would follow you to the great unknown, off to a world we call our own. High in the sky we can see the whole world down below. It's all an adventure that comes with a breathtaking view. You pulled me in and together we're lost in a dream. I risk it all to be with you. Claw in my claw, you promise never to let go. I am always going to be right beside you, my golden melody,he called to her.

Tightrope- The Greatest Showman

Nanuth's Stats
Participant: +5
Loving, demonstrative, or affectionate: +10
Protective, keen Thread-fighter, heroic: +10
Family-oriented: +15
Invested potential clutch sire, involved future parent: +10
Respectful and accepting of every colour regardless of rank: +15
Part of the Magic/Disney double clutch: +15
Is Nanuth: +10
Total: 90

Nanuth: He is not the most social of dragons, but those who he is close to, he is a mountain of love and strength. He has a good dose of courage, but sometimes he gets a little too full of himself. He can get upset over things, so it takes Zamistia to keep his temper in check. When his loved ones are in danger, he will do everything he can to protect them. (Misty will be in her weyr with her weyrmate, but will get in thoughts here and there)

Positive Traits: Love, Strength, Courage, Protective, Wise
Negative Traits: Hot tempered, Overconfident, Territorial, Solitary

Score
Round 1: 3(+15 bonus)= 18
Round 2: 61 (+10 bonus)= 71
Good Luck Table- +25
Round 3: 71
Total: 185  
Avid_RPer18 generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 95!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:05 pm
Bronze Alarasith
User Image

So far his pursuit of the beautiful, shining Mictecath, Alarasith had keep pace pretty well, riding the thermals that presented themselves coupled with his own efforts. His utterly smitten focus on singing, literally and figuratively, praises and affection to the rising queen meant that he was blindsided when another of her suitors muscled into his airspace, stealing the thermal he had been riding! He dropped back some to right himself once more, a touch of irritated orange briefly edging into the purple of his eyes, tutting the bully who had outjockeyed him for his original position. 'Really, so unsporting. Excuse me, there is air enough for us all,' the tiny bronze chided the other chaser before angling his wings to roll himself right into another strong thermal that bore him higher back to where he could return his attention to Mic.

Alarasith crooned to the queen, happy to pick up the playful, flirty banter right where he had left off. He laughed. 'Walk on water? Is that all, Mic? That's one of any number of feats I'd be delighted to try for you. I'd do anything for you. I'd give the world to you, if you want me to.' He banked smoothly side to side before giving a quick twirl as he sailed on.

His tone while still light became somewhat softer and he spoke in no uncertain terms from the bottom of his hearts. 'I can assure you, I don't know much, but I know I love you. That may be all I need to know, Mictecath.'

[I'll Do Anything For You - Denroy Morgan] + [Don't Know Much - Linda Ronstadt, Aaron Neville]

Round 1: 45 + 15 = 60
Round 2: 58 + 15 = 73
Round 3: 133 - 25 = 108 + 95 = 203

Total: 203

.:Alarasith's Stats:.

Loving, demonstrative or affectionate: +10
Sociable, witty, charming: +10
Protective, keen Thread-fighter: +10
Willing to share 'the ledge' with others: +15
Is Alarasith: +10

Total: 100 (boy, hwhat)

Derg: A mini bronze, Alarasith is a bit of a fuddy-duddy. He maintains gentlemanly airs, valuing tidiness, open, diplomatic communication, and decorum. He longs to be father and loves spending time around kids, human or draconic. He'll gladly help teach, fuss over, protect, and babysit/watch over creche kids, candidates, or younger weyrlings if given the chance to do so. He tends to take things at face value and holds grudges or ill moods about as well as a sieve does. He doesn't pay much mind to color politics, perfectly comfortable catching or being caught by any other color, chromatic or metallic, should he fail to catch a rising green or gold. If he has to pull color rank due to a fight or during threadfall, Alarasith makes a point to seek out the ones he had to do so with to discuss and possibly apologize if he feels the need to do so. He doesn't view his threadfighting as heroism, just a duty that he happily, readily performs. He must make safe HR and the people therein, regardless of injury or come what may.

Positive: Paternal, gentlemanly, buoyant, sincere
Negative: Passive/unambitious, overly trusting, fussy

Rider: Fe'ryn, an ex-woodcrafter/thatcher before being searched, is a hardworking man that tries to take steps to try to avoid finding himself lacking, be it in understanding or for the simple day-to-day emergencies of needing a small bandage, writing implement, a piece of paper, etc. Nary will anything he carries with him or wears be out of place. He's an empathetic fellow, which can exacerbate his moodiness and impulsivity. He tries to keep folks at arm's length to keep the worst of this at bay.

Pos: Dutiful, empathetic, prepared, neat
Neg: Impulsive, moody, fidgety, guarded

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

Zaikt generated a random number between 1 and 95 ... 2!

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:37 pm
User Image

He's falling far behind despite his best efforts, and he allows himself a soft keen of melancholy at the realization. Mictecath was far from done yet, and Yihoth wouldn't let himself be, either--he's not out, as he reminds himself. Just a fair bit further down than he'd like to be. He'd have to be patient, that's all; whatever would happen, would happen.
Here you are flatterin' me when that's supposed to be my job. There's a warm humor to his tone, pushing aside his earlier second-guessing for the moment in favor of responding to Mictecath properly. You've got a way with words, y'know? I'd listen to--honestly any story you've got to tell.

[ red side of the moon - trixie mattel ]

Brown Yihoth
summary : A massive (literally) sweetheart with a down-home sense of hospitality and kindness, Yihoth is a gentle giant who's commonly described as a thoughtful, considerate dragon. Unfortunately, he can be a bit of a doormat due to how much he wants to please others, and isn't so great at standing up for himself. He's honest and humble, but is a romantic at his core, although he's a little too self-conscious to let that show all that much.
positive traits : people-pleaser, loving, sociable, grounded, accepting.
negative traits : people-pleaser, non-confrontational, self-conscious, sensitive, anxious.

stats
Sociable: +10
Protective, keen Thread-fighter: +10
Strong loyalty to the Weyr and 'the way things are done': +5

total : 95

round one : +95+5 = 100 [+10/-10]
round two : +21-15 = 106
round three : +2 = 108

Princess_Feylin rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:44 am
Good luck table roll for Sakneth.
Quote:
6-9: Inspired by the many dance moves on show, you twirl and dive ahead of the competition. +10 to your running score!

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Princess_Feylin generated a random number between 1 and 55 ... 43!

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:48 am
User Image

He was flying better. Sakneth could feel it. But he was still trailing behind nearly all the other browns and bronzes. Frustrated orange rolled across his eyes as his temper rose, and a part of him wished he could, just to be spiteful. He could tell her what she was missing out on as he left. But he could no more abandon this flight than he could re-Impress to someone else. More than that, he could not resist Mictecath's graceful aerial display.

She liked showy. Sakneth could be showy. He wasn't the largest bronze in the skies by any measure, and his hide wasn't marked with flashy patterns or especially vibrant hues, but he was one of the older dragons giving chase, and he had a few tricks tucked under his wings that he maybe should've pulled out sooner. The dragon ceased his attempts to gain speed and keep up with the young gold, instead beating his wings powerfully to gain height, separating completely from the crowd and finding space in which to maneuver. Then he spread his wings and arranged himself quickly so that his body, shoulders to tail, was perpendicular to the distant ground and began to dance.

There's nothing to lose and I've nothing to prove, but your empty eyes seem to pass me by and leave me dancing with myself. He wasn't exactly addressing Mictecath so much as speaking aloud to himself, though as a telepathic being there was almost certainly an element of jerkishness: after all, he didn't have to think his thoughts so that others could hear them. That was a choice.

His motions were tightly controlled at first, giving the impression that he was hovering in the air. It was no easy feat remaining aloft with so little movement, even of his wings. After all, a small bronze was still a massive creature. But then he twisted and twirled, showing off the precision and skill of a dragon who had been flying and fighting for over a decade. With no Thread in the sky and no wing packed in close formation around him, Sakneth could make his movements larger and more powerful. More showy. His showpiece move was holding head head completely still with his deep purple gaze locked on Mictecath far away, and moving the rest of his body around it before dropping down to rejoin the flight, somehow in about the same position he'd been in before his attempt to win Mictecath over with his moves.

Dancing With Myself - Billy Idol

• Participant: +5
  • Sociable, witty, charming, humorous: +10
  • Protective, keen Thread-fighter, heroic: +10
  • Family-oriented: +15
  • Invested potential clutch sire, involved future parent: +10
  • Strong loyalty to the Weyr and 'the way things are done': +5

Total: 55

Score:
Round 1: 26 + 15 = 41
Round 2: 8 + 15 = 23
Round 3: 43 + 10 = 53
Total: 117

demon_pachabel generated a random number between 1 and 65 ... 17!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:22 am
User Image

And all love she was willing to give him, Khazariath was willing to accept graciously - he simply had every desire to be honest about the brand he could give her in turn. Faith, hope, and glory - hold to the truth in your hearts. he hummed back to Mictecath, basking in her sweet adorations.

If we hold on together, I know our dreams will never die. When we are out there in the dark, we'll dream about the sun. In the dark, we'll feel the light and it'll warm our hearts.

In this instance, it was Mictecath who was the sun, however - warm and radiant upon all who fell within her ever loving reach this morning.

If We Hold On Together

Khazariath

Khazariath is wise beyond his Turns, carrying himself with learned and practiced grace and nobility. He is a paranoidly cautious dragon who does not take spur-of-the-moment risky leaps. He also has 0 romantic love for the ladies, but does desire to be a father.

Positive Traits: Alert, perceptive, wise
Negative Traits: Paranoid, avaricious, clingy

D'rok is not available lmao.

Score:
Round 1:53 + 5 (bonus) = 58
Round 2: 7+15 (bonus) = 23
Round 3: 17
Running: 98  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Shaddaling generated a random number between 1 and 75 ... 21!

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:50 pm
He sang as he followed. She rose ahead and he could feel his wings falter as they slipped off the updraft that had rose him up as far. He corrected himself, wings catching air and pushing ahead.

Brown Irath and J'in

User Image

Musical: +10
Sociable, witty, charming, humorous: +10
=75

Roll 1=37
Roll 2 = 69 =106 +5 =111
Roll 3= 21 = 132
Song Starlings Elbow  
magnadearel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:46 am
Severith Good luck Roll

18-19: You didn't have to barge past the other suitors: the winds pushed them aside, giving you a direct path towards Mictecath. +30 to your running score!  

magnadearel

magnadearel generated a random number between 1 and 45 ... 16!

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:52 am
User Image

His wings were starting to burn. Severith could feel the ache spreading. Soon. Soon it would be over or he would be done and out. The brown didn't want to give up just yet though. When the wind parted a group of his rivals, he pushed through the burn to zip through. Don't be afraid, I'm with you. We gotta fly against the wind and breeze till the day when we'll get your goal. Keep on holding on your desire, you will get a shining love.

He and his rider had one goal. Would Mictecath understand? Severith let out a long low croon, I want to change the world. Fight against the wind. Softly in the back of his mind, his rider sighed.

Change the World

Severith's Stats:
Total: 45

Round 1: 3 + 10(bonus)= 13
Round 2: 1 + 20(table) + 10(bonus)= 31
Round 3: 16 + 30(table) = 46
Smerdle generated a random number between 1 and 105 ... 58!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:03 pm
User Image

Yes.

He was the proudest dragon over Pern. There had never been a doubt in his hearts that coming home was the right thing to do, and despite Thread, despite T'en's heartache over being held in place for the rest of their lives, the bronze's choice was rewarded every day. Rixth began to hum a cheerful tune, though the soothing sentiment that came with it was directed solely at his rider. Dragons on the chase were not meant to be soothed. It might not have appeared so, but there was a battle going on just... over... there, out of his reach. But His did not deserve the surge of conflicting emotions that roiled in his head when Rixth chose to stand down.

He wasn't good enough. T'en couldn't help it when his eyes cut left and right to those gathered in Nyara's weyr—genteel Fe'ryn, stupid sexy La'zul—but Rixth's good humor tempered those jealous thoughts, plucking them from him before they could take root. T'en breathed deeply, no worse off than he had been a moment ago, even managing a shadow of his usual chipper smile.

[ don't worry be happy ]

Quote:
round one: 65 + 10 = 75
round two: 70 - 25 + 15 = 60
round three: 58

Smerdle

Scamp

Sweet Symmetry rolled 3 20-sided dice: 9, 1, 10 Total: 20 (3-60)

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:05 pm

Even as Mictecath rallied strength and speed for her final upwards climb, she knew her wings wearied, and the blood that had once fuelled her, sparkly and bright, seemed to fade away. Breath burnt and the sun was sharp- all she wanted was to close her eyes and rest. A little bit further, a little bit longer... She sensed Nyara's gentle encouragement, filled with the unending love that tied her heart to Mic's. For the children they would bring to this world, the queen would fight as keenly and as bravely as any other dragon. Upwards, onwards, just a little further...

The songs around her were a comfort and a delight, and she revelled in the beauty of her suitors. The thought of choosing one... just one to carry her back... her hearts lurched in pain. Her family was so big. There was no way to choose one from the other. If she simply fell, maybe one might steal her, but would a thief make a good father?

No, one last time, on and on until the fire in her wings overwhelmed her.

Zassorth's song was met with a lilting croon of her own, and she treasured his words as much as she drank in his reassurance and tender love. She knew he would be there to catch her should she fall. She sent a rolling wave of love, as big as she could muster, to wrap him up safe and sound. No, Zassorth would never leave. He would never cause her hearts to keen or grieve. She trusted him. Even in the darkness, he could find his way back to home, to her, should she call out to him. That bond thrived both in the light and in the darkness he claimed to have become.

Iweth was so close, and so full of love, that his miss was only the result of a stubborn queen set on a bright, undeniable path. Had the time been right, had her wings began to burn just a little sooner, perhaps the sun and the moon might have danced together that morning... As it was, she crooned to him, his poetic turn of phrase appealing, hoping to encourage him just a little longer. It was a tough flight, with many suitors to weave between, to dance around and beside.

Venandith had his own struggles with the wind, but despite the pain, his words carried his infallible strength. Determined and resolute to prove himself, Mictecath realised that he was right: the pain of the past ought not sully the brightness of their future. Sometimes forgiveness came after a long and winding road, and that was fine. It was okay to forgive and to move on. She wrapped him up once more in that tender love, love that felt fresh and new and sparked joy within her. How dear was Venandith- certain to be a most concerned and doting father.

Bajeth's patience and perisstence in the face of adversity certainly endeared him to the gold, who sent a wave of loving approval his way as he pushed closer and closer. The thought of sharing cuddles throughout the day and night with him was an appealing one, and she sang to him with the little strength she had remaining. It was hard not to let his joyous tune spread through her, and she hummed back, content in the knowledge that were he to catch her, their family would be most beloved- surrounding by a doting family of dragons.

Aryath brought with him a serene sense of love without expectation, and her hearts danced to see him draw near. The competition was fierce, and it certainly seemed like he had found his place towards the front of the crowds. He was certainly a reputable type, and she was sure the future would be in good claws were he to make the catch.

Taoloth's own path seemed to place distance between them, but she watched his dance, his movements, the soft embrace of the wind in his wings with an eye that was not easily deterred. One day, when creative free thinking was more on her menu, she would need to devise a sweet nickname for the sweet brown. Perhaps Cythereath might have some suggestions? At his song, she sent him a wave of warm affection and love, hoping her yearning for his touch might help him close the distance.

Nanuth flew fast and strong, finding a pace that suited him well. He drew so close that she grew frightened in a moment, a surprised roar, indignant, tearing from her throat. Nanuth had surely not meant to startle her in that way, but she flew faster just to make sure that caged feeling did not return. She knew he would follow wherever she might lead, and the affection she sent him had that familiar, loving touch. Just a little longer now, just a little further... And if Nanuth was right there to catch her, their children would find nothing but happiness and love in their parents.

Amused once more by Alarasith's rejoinder, and glad that he stayed away from the angry side of lust and love, Mictecath sent him a wave of affectionate approval. He was so close now- and a bright future painted itself in her mind's eye. Alarasith was sure and sturdy and full of experience, most certainly a loving father were the chance given. And he would give her the world... Well, all she yearned for were his hearts and his music- that was the world she craved.

Much like Venandith, Yihoth struggled to pull ahead. Mictecath worried that his earlier speed had cost him too much energy, but he rallied magnificently, not one to give up at the first sign of adversity it seemed. Surely any children of Yihoth would retain their father's sweet and gentle nature, and how easily they would come to love others. She wrapped him up in a little bubble of tender affection, hoping his own pace and course would bring them closer together.

Sakneth's song puzzled Mictecath a little, though no doubt he was speaking about the aches of love (which existed despite her best efforts to ignore any such pain). His dancing certainly seemed well thought out- perhaps he just wanted to show off his moves? She watched the strategically planned snake-head-maneouver with growing curiosity. Had he been practicing in his spare time? Oh dear- was her dancing even up to scratch? Self-conscious in that moment, she returned her focus to the skies above.

Khazariath's words were very sweet. Of darkness and light, love was a very deep topic. Perhaps Khazariath was trying to shine through the luster of the chasers? She sent him a wave of affection, encouraging him closer.

Irath brought with his words a sense of soft and pure sweetness, and it was hard not to be swayed. She considered his gentleness and how his hearts sang. He was trying his best against the wind, that seemed to toss suitors this way and that without any care or consideration for the moment. She coaxed him on with a trill, arrowing more and more upwards as she led them all on a merry dance.

Severith was bold in his sentiments, and Mictecath thought she understood where his passion and energy came from. His kin might inherit all that unbridled power in turn, and she considered dropping down from her heights to properly admire him. To change the world... Well, they would at least protect it. And love could at least change it.

Rixth's tune brought her swaying gently into his path, lulled there by the gentle kindness he offered her. He was so dear and important a dragon, and if she only knew the struggles his rider faced, she would move all the mountains in High Reaches to accommodate him. (At least it wouldn't be the same place, right?) As it was, Nyara was glad for T'en's company, even as the flightlust clouded her mind and gaze, making difficult any of facial reading she might have relied on in normal circumstances.

It was almost time. The aches pushed to the forefront of her mind, and Mictecath-Nyara measured up their suitors in a final, sweeping purple gaze. My darlings, I do see you. She whispered to them all, encouraging them one last time in this fading dream.

About Nyaranau:
Vivacious, loving and enthusiastic, Nyara is a whirlwind of energy and positivity. Her ebullient joie de vivre conceals insecurities and a fear of loneliness: Nyara surrounds herself with people so she doesn't have to deal with all the worries she buries.

Positive Trait List: Excitable, Intelligent, Passionate
Negative Trait List: Fear of loneliness, Self-absorbed, Easily distracted

About Mictecath:
Extremely physically affectionate, Mictecath is a doting, nurturing dragon with a lot of love to offer. She yearns to be a mother, and embraces her maternal role with a great deal of enthusiasm. She is, at times, overprotective of those she loves, and can be a bit vengeful when she feels someone has wronged a loved one. Her wrath is certainly something to behold when provoked.

Positive Trait List: Maternal, Responsible, Demonstrative
Negative Trait List: Overprotective, Smothering, Vindictive

SilverLutz
Third bad luck roll is yours. =(

demon_pachabel
Please also roll from the good table!

BastetAmun

Princess_Feylin

ShinosBee

faesinger

Dea and #Teddy#
Second bad luck roll is yours. =(

Zaikt

magnadearel

Smerdle

Uta

Avid_RPer18
First bad luck roll is yours. =(

Mr Cheri

Shaddaling

Quote:
Last round folks! heart

Uta generated a random number between 1 and 90 ... 53!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:09 pm
User Image

If we listen to each other's hearts, we'll find we're never too far apart. Isn't that what they had finally done today? Wild as it might have been, driven by a desire for want of family, and a need to clear the air between them, they had come to a new way of viewing one another, hadn't they? He had been honest in every word he sang; and she had seemed genuine in her love and sweet encouragement. They'd had a breakthrough, and it made everything sweeter. No matter the distance between them, he was not going to let pain stop him. He was no quitter, and this was too important. Not only was it a drive to show Mictecath that he was a viable option regarding her flight, but because in all their Turns alive, he felt Mictecath and he were finally seeing eye-to-eye.

So don't be in a hurry...Think before you count us out. You don't have to worry, Mictecath...I won't ever let you down. And that was a bona fide guarantee. No matter how it ended, he would be there.

Eye to Eye - Powerline (A Goofy Movie) - Tevin Campbell

- - - -
Venandith Basically a hero, Venandith is amazing. And don't think that he won't tell you all about it. He does take great pride in showing himself to be an example among Browns. For that reason he'll be the first to volunteer for a dangerous mission. If there was a break in the line, he'd be right there, ready and willing to go right into the thick of things. But ooph, watch the face! There's only one like that in all of Pern. If there is one thing to say of Venandith, it's that he's persistent. He will doggedly pursue a task to the bitter end, even if that means putting himself and his rider at terrible risk. He'd rather not, of course, but if something needs done, this is one dragon who will do it.

Positive Traits: Confident, Strong, Opinionated, Suave, Persistent
Negative Traits: Smug, Arrogant, Narcissistic, Vain, Womanizing (Manizing? Izing?)

Part of the Magic/Disney double clutch: +15
Venandith: +5

1. 82 + 15 = 97
2. 62 - 30 + 15 = 47
3. 144 - 30 = 114 + 10 = 124
4. 124 + 53 = 177
Total: 177

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Cheri generated a random number between 1 and 80 ... 50!

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:10 pm
NPC Zassorth

Even as the bronze stretched his wings out, he felt that ever present gap widening inexorably. We're so close to reaching that famous happy ending... almost believing that this one's not pretend, the bronze murmured, redoubling his efforts even as the queen outpaced him. Time and again he had tried, and he was not prepared to give up. To get so close, indeed... and to lose her now? Let's go on dreaming for we know we are... Ah, it was bittersweet. Even as she gave off such incandescent light, her form was, to him, ephemeral.

Elusive beauty, dream-touched dancer. So close, so close and still... A breath, as his every muscle strained in protest of this prolonged effort, So far. Ah, but was she not lovely? There was a sense of magic in the air, something in between and wonderful. Something that even the close of the Flight could not dispel. I have never stopped seeing you. You are she who dances is the stars. She who tangos with the darkness but is not of it. Mictecath, dearest cousin of mine, choose well... and remember me.

For it was, indeed, time to choose. He had done all that he could to show that he would be an excellent choice. What was there left to prove? Only Mictecath alone could decide whether his efforts had been sufficient. A dance with destiny, a sweet refrain of tenderness so few could claim of him. Zassorth had never been one to give easily of his hearts, but for Mic? For Mic, he would make the sacrifice. She held a piece of his hearts within her claws, and he thoughts perhaps he might have a sliver of her own in return. No matter the outcome of the Flight he knew that would never change.

Far, far below La'zul stood before Nyara, dimly aware that there were others around him. To his current senses, he was amid a group of male dragons, but that was not so. Had he been a little more coherent, he might have realized that T'en seemed distraught in some way. But such thoughts did not enter his head; only Mictecath-Nyara mattered in this moment. Later, after a choice had been made, he would happily tumble with whomever might be nearby. For now... for now, he was Zassorth, and he danced in the sky above, awaiting the time of choosing.

So Close from Enchanted

About Zassorth

A small to medium sized bronze, Zassorth nevertheless is a force to be reckoned with. His hide shows the ravages of Thread, but he is not a vain creature, taking such stains as the badges of pride that they are. Passionate, fierce, and magnetic in his acid way, he keeps his hearts well hidden. He's been known to sing to his food upon occasion... not that he'd ever admit to such a fault. Although generally standoffish, where Zassorth has committed his hearts he is devoted and protective.

Positive Traits: Charismatic, Hypnotic, Witty
Negative Traits: Scheming, Machiavellian, Sarcastic

About La'zul

Born and raised in Nabol Hold, La'zul adapted to Weyr life like a fish to water. He lives and breathes the High Reaches culture, but owing to his upbringing as a scrapper (and sometime card shark) has a meritocratic bent. A handsome fellow with shoulder length blue-black hair and violet eyes full of mischief, La'zul is your traditional bronzerider in a quite attractive package. ... If one prefers one's bronzerider to have rather sharp edges, at least. Equally intrigued by men and women, and nonbinary sorts alike. Little bit easy come, easy go... until the right thing (or things) click(s).

Positive Traits: Clever, Resourceful, Inquisitive
Negative Traits: Bossy, Sharp-tongued, Greedy

Available for post-Flight good times.

Musical: +10
Witty, charming, humorous: +10
Protective: +10
Strong loyalty to the Weyr and 'the way things are done' - because they benefit him: +5
[Dis]respectful and accepting of every colour regardless of rank - impressed by those who excel regardless of color: +15
Total: 80

Round 1: 16/80 + 15 = 31
Round 2: 10/80 + 15 = 25
Round 3 : 41/80 + 15 = 56
Round 4: 50/80 = 50

Total: 162

SilverLutz generated a random number between 1 and 80 ... 50!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:11 pm
User Image

The flight had been long and Bajeth could feel the exhaustion in his wings as well as in the dragons around him, all pushing themselves to their limits to be there when Mictecath fell. Even the golden queen herself was tiring but she still flew on, changing the pitch of her flight path to aim higher and higher towards the sky. Her returned waves of love and her weak humming made him want to reach out his claws for her, to carry her back to the ground, for although he was also tired he knew he'd have strength enough to see them safely there...but there were others close by, others that she might chose instead, and for a moment a spark of irritation let his purple eyes swirl with red. Had he not been a soft-hearted dragon Bajeth might have lashed out at his competition, trying to knock them off their course, but another hum from Mictecath chased away the urge and drew him to focus on her once more.

With the urge gone, there was nothing but love in his hearts. Even if he wasn't the one she chose he knew this flight and the chase itself had done wonders for him. He would always ache in memory of his lost weyrmate, but he knew that she wouldn't want to see him waste away. She would have been cheering him on from the ground had she still been here, and he knew there was a blue somewhere down below who would share in the joy of a well-fought chase and, possibly, in new life he might help bring into the world.

Only love can save us now, keep the world from burning down to the ground, he crooned, his mindvoice weak with the strain he was putting in to keep close to Mictecath. But there was also earnest joy, thankfulness, and hope twining through his words. Only love can look inside a dragon's hearts and see us for who we are, and who we are would be enough. If only there was only love...

If only there was love, indeed. The world could be a cruel, unhappy place, but in this moment all Bajeth knew was love.

Only Love

---

Bajeth: Bajeth is a friendly, outgoing dragon who loves to laugh, eat, and make new friends. Kids are a delight to him - both of the dragon and human persuasion - and he'll be the first to volunteer to watch over those scampering around in the Creche or to introduce himself to the new junior weyrlings during their training sessions. Although he's currently working through some old and new feelings - good and bad - he's far quicker to put on a happy face and interact with others than his rider is. Bajeth is quite fond of any dragon that is smaller than him, no matter the color, as he loves to curl up around them and snuggle.
S'ian: Emotionally unavailable, won't be participating.

---

Bajeth's Stats

Sociable, witty, charming, humorous: +10
Respectful and accepting of every colour regardless of rank: +15'
Total: 80

Round 1: 27 + 10 = 37
Round 2: 57 + 15 = 72
Round 3: 72
Round 4: 50 - 20 = 30
Total: 211  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

faesinger generated a random number between 1 and 80 ... 73!

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:12 pm

Aryath surged forward as he could tell the time was coming near. He had more than made up for his earlier gaff and was near the front of the pack. What a beautiful way to start the morning. We have this moment together. He crooned to Mictecath. No need to look back, just think of where you are. Aryath pushed forward a little more so that he was almost at the very front. Satisfaction was almost within his grasp. But it still was up to Mictecath. It is time to make your choice and he will fall with you.

Aryath:
Positive Traits: Charming, irresistible, cavalier
Negative Traits: Rakish, disreputable, boastful

L’iand: is not available

participant: +5
demonstrative: +10
Charming: +10
protective: +10
Invested potential clutch sire/future parent +10
Willing to share ‘the ledge’ with others: +15
Strong loyalty to the Weyr +5
respectful of every color regardless of rank: +15