Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you get a PS3?
  Yes.
  Maybe.
  Probably not.
  No.
  HOLY CRAP, um, $600 dollars?!? ...Is it my dad's money?
View Results

Bleu_Fyre

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:28 pm

I would love to get one, someday, but I don't want to pay almost one month of rent for a video game system. I just don't have that kind of money. One day, when I do, I will buy a PS3.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:00 am

For me, it just costs waaay too much, and it seems like they dont have enough games that i'd want for it yet. DMC4 looks great, but i need more games like that, not car racing games and the likes.
They really should have made it less expensive...their sales are going to suffer because of its high price.

Artemis Solie

Shameless Exhibitionist

8,100 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Hikari Tokoyami

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:11 am

They have lowered the prices now, but I'm pissed off that the 40GB PS3 doesn't play PS2 games (I'm not lying, this is a fact) but yet the 60GB and 80GB does. Never in my life that I am mad at Sony for cut off the production of 60GB so they are pretty much dead in Canada while there is 80GB but who wants to pay that much?

The only reason I want to get a PS3 is to play FFXIII and FFvXIII
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:48 am

I think the PS3 was a rushed project really. They were kind fo just trying to 1-up microsoft and Nintendo. The only reason PS3 was so pricey was because of the HD adn the blu-ray. Honestly though, who was gonna buy a VIDEO GAME CONSOLE to watch ******** BLU-RAY? Seriously, if they just made a normal PS3, WITHOUT the blu-ray, people would buy more, but because of it's price (even now at 500 and 450) no oen hsa the money to go out of their way and buy it, that's why the Wii is doing so good. FREE internet, $200, motion sensative, and NO BLU-RAY. PS3...yeah sure I might buy it to play some of the games for it, but once I played the games I'd liked I'd probably sell it back for my money. Isn't the purpose of a system to play GAMES and not some fancy a** HD movies??? Oh and the Final Fantasy games are being put on XBOX 360 too ^^ which is why I'm glad I have one. BY THE WAY, XBOX was kinda being cheap too...

Birdman3000

directvantage45

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:41 am

I spend some time on a site for game developers called gamasutra.com, and I find it hilarious some of the missteps that sony has made with their system. But it is not entirely their fault.

In the last console generation, the camecube suffered due to a lack of sheer power in the system, where sony and microsoft had better tech specs. Sony also had phenomenal third party support back then. But with the PS3, they have lost their strongest supporters, and I think it will be very difficult for the playstation brand to survive if nothing changes soon.

Duly noted, sony has the most powerful system, but that is not what is calling to gamers the most right now. It is the triple A titles like GTA, which are no longer Sony exclusive. People would much rather pay $200 at gamestop for a 360 than put up with all the problems with the PS3, AND have fewer games for it.

Sony misread the market early on, dumping everything into a workhorse system, but at the very end, they saw what Nintendo was doing with the wiimote and tried to copy it with their controller unsuccessfully, wasting valuable beta testing time in the process. If sony had stuck with what they had right then instead of chasiing after Nintendo, they would be much more competitive with Microsoft right now.

The Wii has proven that it is not necessarily tech specs that will win in the current market. It is gameplay, first and foremost. No one can deny that over a year and a half later, the Wii is still sold out everywhere you go. Usually the day they ship, too. Graphics are important, but only if the cost is not detrimental to sales. The Wii was half the price of any other system when it came out, then add in the hype about the controller, plus the fact that it5 is ACTUALLY FUN to play, and you get its sales figures as they are now.

Sorry for the rant, But it had to be said.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:23 pm

Good point.

Companies do need to watch out for their enemies but they also need to think about what the customers would want as well.

@ Birdman3000: It's true that FFXIII is coming out in XBox 360 but then again, they aren't capable on holding the graphics that PS3 has and Square Enix would have to lessen the graphic capability for the XBox 360

Hikari Tokoyami

boopsie63

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:44 pm

I want one but, can not afford one wahmbulance
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:10 pm

awsome

The Other JayJ

"TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash