Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Creative Crossroads
The Lost Art of Writing Letters Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you still hand-write letters?
Yes
68%
 68%  [ 57 ]
No
31%
 31%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 83

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:28 pm
Wow... Do you have 6 pairs of shoes to go along with that?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:32 pm
That's a lot of snow! I'd so enjoy being there just spending the day with my family (which I normally do when I'm at home and it snows lots) shoveling and playing in the snow and drinking hot chocolate afterwards. Of course, my family is usually my sisters, me, and our friends since my folks work a lot.  

Sentama Lin

girl_no_13

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:35 pm
I love writing letters, last year I wrote letters to my friend who was at uni, I kept it up for a bit even when she came back from uni.
I haven't done it for a while though, I keep meaning to write to my friend who lives in Australia and not getting around to it.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:54 pm
I know what I'm doing! I'm going to send Jaft an origami letter! ^^  

Sentama Lin

Denoument

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:04 pm
I write tons of letters. I just never get around to sending them.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:07 pm
The only reason i use technology to write letters and not use stationary is because my handwriting SUCKS.  

Dragorn the warrior

Indigo Project

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:19 pm
I still hand-write letters! I love the look of my handwriting, I admit it.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:46 pm
Sentama Lin
I'm guessing that means it's not true then, ray? My information and my brain hasn't been reliable as of late. I've actually been using sticky notes to remember things. Usually I've been able to remember things more-reliably than before but... well... it's probably because I'm 19.

It's true. =P Sorta..  

raytray

Amaya Lupe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:45 pm
I love handwriting letters. E-mails can be sent by anyone. but a literate person can write a letter, even if you can't read it. My grandparents love it when I send them cards and stuff, and I have a pen-pal, so I do a lot of writing.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:49 pm
I don't write a lot of letters... but I tend to just write out my stories instead of typing them up, does that count? I only type them when it's for school so it has to look nice, or when I'm trying to do the final copy... which admittedly is still stuck in chapter one as I don't know how to start it even though I know how to end it... I like my handwriting, but at least one of my friends goes between 'it's pretty' and 'I can't read it' and it looks basically the same ^.^;  

Lobo-chan

Matrias Fierno

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:01 pm
Yeah, I'd have you letter me Lin, if my internet sense wasn't tingling so damn bad. xp  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:29 pm
I've always liked to write letters. I used to have penpals but my dad thought every single one of them were serial killers so when he got the letters he got rid of them. TwT; But now that I'm older, he doesn't care as much so I'm going to try corresponding with friends from other states. ^^; Hopefully it works out, I always have kept lots of stationary and envelopes in my desk at home and haven't used them for years.

I have a box full of handwritten letters~  

winterraven89

Greedy Bloodsucker

The-Mut-Cat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:01 pm
I've only written/received a few in my life... but it always seemed specialler when I did.

This thread inspires me to write one right now...  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:26 pm
I still write to my one friend who lives two provinces away. We've always corresponded via snail mail, it's just more convenient in our case.

Which reminds me... her birthday was in Sept. and I haven't sent her a birthday card yet...  

Pistil

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:36 pm
Haha, funny this thread should be made... I posted my address in the phunkeh thread and the GMT thread a long time ago...

Me and Nami have written a few letters back and forth to eachother. If other people want to, I'll try to return a letter back to someone who writes to me.

Justin Scheidler
111 green Ave
Bay City MI, 48708
USA

Feel free to write me any time... I have no problem with it. Feel free to write me with problems too, and I'll write back with what advice I can give... I may even send you a penny in the envelope...  
Creative Crossroads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff