Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Teepees
CuterThanYou's Teepee Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:13 pm
We welcome Nostalgia to the teepee! 4laugh

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:24 pm
User Image

Nostalgia

Nostalgia rustled her delicate wings as she made her way down the riverside. This new land she had entered was far different from the cold and bleak environment she was used to. Now that the Spirits had given her full control over her own life, she no longer had to lead people back into their Christmas Pasts in hopes of them discovering the true joys of Christmas time. Now... she had no purpose.

Trying to ignore that nagging thought in her mind, she continued walking, wishing it would snow so she could find a distraction in the pretty white blurs that usually found a way to cheer her up. The locks on her ankles grew heavy, but she trudged on, attempting to forget that they lay there, a constant reminder of her past duties.

"I wonder what the Soquilis do here for Christmas time?" She wondered aloud to herself, her lavender eyes wandering across the land and the horizon.

Apple

Apple trudged his way through the soft, cold snow. Breathing a little heavily he could see his breath seep from his nostrils. Shivering a little he picked up his pace hoping to warm himself up. Looking through the snow the stallion saw a mare with chains around her back ankles. Tilting his head he thought how odd looking she was, but he too was a little odd looking with big red and green apples on his rump.

Trotting over to the river the stallion greeted the mare with a friendly "Hello there." Apple smiled looking at he wings and how beautiful they were. Tilting his head a little he looked at the odd outfit she was wearing. Shrugging a little he tossed his head a little to have his mane be put back in place. Breathing a little heavily the stallion took in a deep breath to slow his breathing down some so that he could talk to the mare.

Nostalgia
Nostalgia was startled by the speckled stallion who had approached her from behind. But having company, she knew, would help distract her from her thoughts. Not to mention that it would be nice to meet some new friends and faces.

She noticed the stallion staring at her attire, and her wings perked up higher, showing themselves off. Hopefully the chains and dress wouldn't scare him off, as she noticed he wasn't wearing any bits of clothing, but instead, had a beautiful set of apples adorning his backend. She set her lantern down softly on the snow so she could respond.

"Hello!" She said cheerfully back, her gentle voice soothing to the ears. "How are you today?"

Bairn

Ah, the air seemed to be getting colder as each day passed by in the lands, which, to this certain stallion...was probably the best thing that the weather could pull off. It meant less stupid soquilis running around and having fun for fear of catching a cold and, of cource, it meant that the soquili that he felt most closest to came out to be seen. Smiling to himself, the earth colored stallion trotted along the riverside in hope of perhaps finding someone very interesting.

And maybe, now this was exactly what he wanted, Bairn thought as he soon found himself staring at a rather strange looking mare with long flowing black hair, clothes and the prettiest wings he'd ever seen. The mare seemed to be lost in deep thought as she stood only a few yards ahead of him, so the stallion dared not disturb her just yet, he knew what it was like to be disturbed when one was thinking.

Then he heard another voice come from the cold air, it seemed and Bairn turned his head a bit to find himself looking at a grey stallion with a silly marking on his butt. This stallion spoke kindly...and to Bairn's surprise, so did the strange mare.

Apple
Apple smiled at the mare and backed away a little seeing her a bit startled by his voice. His ears swiveled around as he listened to the mare, and the other stallion that was hidden. "I hope I didn't scare you." The stallion said in his kind voice.

Looking at her wings perking up some his smile grew some. Her wings reminded him of his mate who he loved so much. Watching her set the lattern on the ground he flicked his ears a little bit more still listening to the stallion and the mare.

"I'm great and yourself?" He asked still looking at the odd clothing she wore. Again he tilted his head some.

Nalani

It was her first Christmas since she was born and it had filled her with excitement. Many stories have been told, by the two leggers, of a man wearing red and white who would go around giving presents to those who have been good. The mare didn't really believe in these tales, but she did believe in giving gifts. Her mind was filled with things she wanted to do and what gifts to give to the ones she loved.

As she made her way through the snow covered forest, her senstive hearing caught the voices of other soquili nearby. One was familiar, she knew instantly that is was her mate, Apple. Picking up her pace, the mare trotted out near the riverside where she spotted her king and what seemed to be a strange ghostly mare.

Nostalgia
Nostalgia watched this strange colored stallion glance around, and she looked in the direction he was staring at. Nearby, almost hidden away, stood a handsome earth-toned stallion watching them. She gave him a smile, and a tilt of her horn in greeting, and turned back towards the stallion talking to her.

"I was feeling quite a bit melancholy, but since you and your friend over there arrived, I'm feeling much better."

Smiling, she continued. "My name's Nostalgia, and may I ask what your's is?"

As she asked, she heard the familiar clomping of that of a Soquili, and turned to see a beautiful butterfly unicorn trotting their way.

"My, what a friendly place this is!" Nostalgia thought cheerfully to herself. This could turn out to be a wonderful Christmas after all.

Apple
Turning his head to the hidden stallion. He squinted to see if he knew the stallion, but he did not know him. "My friend?" Shrugging a little he just continued to listen to the mare. "Well I'm glad you feel better." He said with a smile.

Perking his ears up a little he answered the mare's question. "My name is Apple-oosa, but you can just call me Apple." He said in a very proud tone of voice. "And what is yours?"

Looking towards the mare that he knew very well he let a small nicker slip out of his throat. His queen was there which made his heart beat even faster than normal. Smiling he wanted to run over to her, but he did not want to seem rude to the mare he was talking to.

Bairn
It seemed as though another soquili was joining this...happy fest, Bairn smirked to himself as he watched a pretty little mare with butterfly wings approach the grey stallion. The season didn't do as he hoped this time around, all of the hyper ones still found a way to be...hyper. Noticing that both the stallion and the strange mare took acknowledge of his presence, the earth colored stallion could only smile back.

This...ghastly mare seemed pleasent, which was strange because of the aura she happened to give off. Like a dark past followed her...it was best if none of these idiotic soquili bothered her too much...to give her space.

And their talk amused him to no end, "Friend". Like Bairn would ever lower himself to be friends with the hyper soquili. His mother told him about the grey stallion...whatever his name was. A very hyper one indeed. He wanted to leave, but the curiousity of the ghastly mare took control of his normal calm nature and he trotted over to the group.

"Pardon my intrusion." He said with a smirk. "But you, my dear, very curious." He said, nodding at the mare.

Nalani
Sensing the presence of another soquili nearby, she came to a stop and looked around. Nalani looked once more to the ghostly figure speaking with Apple, the mare didn't know whether to move on closer or keep her ground. One thing for sure, she wasn't frightened, just a bit cautious. What worried her more was the soquili hiding in the forest somewhere she couldn't see.

The gentle and loving nickering of her mate let her know that it was ok to move in closer to them. Slowly she took one step at a time, until she reached them. Nalani bowed in greeting to the other mare.

Apple
Apple looked at the stallion that joined them. Not knowing that this was the mare that he met's son he smiled. "Hello there." He said hoping this stallion was kind. Starting to trot in place some Apple tried his best to get himself warm. Looking over towards his mate's direction his smile grew even bigger. It felt as though his heart were soaring in the air.

Smiling, he watched his queen mover closer to them. He could sort of tell she was a little worried, but he did not know what she was worried about. "Hello my queen." He greeted her with a smile and a soft nuzzle.

Nostalgia
What a pleasant surprise indeed!

Nostalgia whinnied happily as the other two Soquilis made their way over to her. She suspected that the unicorn mare was mates with Apple, judging from their reactions to each other, and she noticed how the tanned stallion seemed to wince at being called Apple's "friend".
What curious horses these Soquilis were.

The brown stallion spoke, and Nostalgia smiled at his deep voice. He, she assumed, seemed like a stallion who wouldn't usually approach another one unless he had something to do with them or wanted something they had. He seemed much of a loner, rather than a talker. She figured that perhaps it was her dress and chains, and perhaps even her wings, that drew him to her.

"I suppose I am a bit... odd, for an alicorn, aren't I?" She commented pleasantly, hoping her ghost aura wouldn't be noted. The last thing she wanted was to lose these potential friends over them finding out what she really was. "But being unique is good... is it not?"

She turned to the unicorn mare and smiled at her as well, beckoning her to join in with Apple and the stallion. "And how are you doing today, my dear?"

Bairn
Bairn only nodded at the newly approaching mare, which, judging by their body language and the grey stallion's comment of "queen", the two of them were mates. The comment even made him snort outloud. Ah, love, what a pittiful thing indeed...it wasn't needed...especially young love. That kind wasn't true...it didn't exactly exsist. Of cource, the earth colored stallion had it himself, but it was certainly a different kind of love.

"Hello." He said back to the Apple-behind stallion. "Like I said, I hope I'm not intruding on anything."

And then now it was time to turn his attention back to the ghastly mare. Bairn smiled at her, a warm smile which was rare for him. Her words showed him that she wasn't exactly proud of who she was, and if he was correct, her past either. "No, not odd. Just interesting. Something about-" He paused. Her aura, it stuck out to him, of cource because of who he was, but not the others. It was best to keep it quiet. "Your wings." Bairn finished and then laughed. "Unique, ah. I cannot argue with that. Never a bad thing indeed."

Nalani
Nalani nickered lovingly as her adoring mate nuzzled her. She turned to the mare and smiled, "I'm well." Remembering that she had not introduced herself, she bowed in apology. "Forgive me for being rude, my name is Nalani. I see that you are new, welcome."

Her ear flickered and she felt the other stallion's eyes on her. She turned torwards him and noticed that he was looking at Apple as well. The innocent mare tilted her head. "May I ask, who are you?"

Apple
Grunting a little at the other stallion's reaction to being called Apple's friend. Shaking his head a little he smiled at the stallion. "Hello, and no you are not intruding at all." The spotted stallion said turning his attention back to the ghost-like mare.

Again his ears swiveled around a little as he listened. "Unique is very good." He answered the continued. "Normal is kind of boring." The stallion said looking at his rump that had four apples on it's one side. He looked at Nalani with a smile hoping that she was ok.

Nostalgia
Nos sighed in relief. Good.. so he didn't figure it out.

She fluttered her wings and smiled again, tossing her braided hair back.

"They are quite different, I agree. What was your name again? I don't believe I caught it... "

She smiled as she watched the lovers nuzzle. Oh, how it was to love and be loved. She herself yearned for love, but knew it was forbidden.

Shaking her head, she tried escaping from her thoughts once again. She shifted her feet and immediatly stopped, realizing her chains were rattling and she didn't want anyone drawing attention to those.

"I'm Nostalgia," she introduced herself to the mare. "Yes, I am new... but I'm hoping to become a permanent resident here, if that wouldn't cause any trouble."

Bairn
The earth colored stallion felt slightly out of place in this 'group', and that was after looking at the ghastly mare...he still felt something was wrong with himself, but only shrugged it off. Best not go into that state of mind during a conversation such as this.

And Bairn only laughed when he heard both mare's ask for his name. "I'm no body...just a gust in the wind." He glanced over at the ghastly mare for a moment and smirked, only to take in what he saw before him one last time. Then he turned back to the butterfly winged mare. "Nah, I kid don't worry. The name's Bairn. So...it's a pleasure to meet you Nalani, Apple-oosa and Nostalgia." He said in return, remembering the other two's name from before.

Apple's comment made him think directly of the fox mare, his mother, Mahiri. "Normal indeed. Say that to my mother and she'll agree with you in a second."

"Different is never bad. I'm certainly different, my dear. My personality seems to scare away all of the innocent soquili around here. My sister and I tend to have a...darker side to us!" He bowed to the ghastly mare, taking no notice to her chains, even though he knew they were there.

Nostalgia
"Well, I'm not quite innocent myself," Nos said softly, her front hoof gently pawing at the snowy ground anxiously, "So you need not worry about scaring me."

Her tail flicked from one side to the other as he spoke to Nalani. So his name was Bairn, hm? That was a strong name. Nos wondered if Bairn was hiding a dark secret from the world, the way his attitude presented itself.

But that was none of Nos's business and she knew never to intrude into one's personal past unless instructed by the Spirits.

He mentioned his sister and Nos wondered how similar his sibling must be to him, if they both were to have, how he put it "a darker side".

"He should meet the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come," Nos thought to herself, allowing herself a short laugh as she looked away from their direction. Now THAT was a Soquili with some issues.

Turning back towards the group, Nos took a few moments to admire the beauty of her fellow unicorn, which was quite an exquisite specimen. Her hair was fixed in an unusual, yet pretty fashion, and her butterfly wings stood out pretty and proud, showing the world just how different she was.

Next, she turned to gaze at Apple, studying the vine that seemed to grow on his neck, down to the blossom on his chest and the apples on his rump. She wondered what the Spirits were thinking when they designed this horse. He didn't seem to mind that nature had tattooed itself naturally onto his skin... he seemed rather proud of the fact. Nos found no ugliness in the artwork, but it was peculiar all the same.

Bairn, on the other hand, would be the only horse Nos could label "normal looking" in the group. She wondered how he felt about it, not having any exotic designs or horns or fancy fluttery wings on his back. He looked like the kind of horse who could care less for extravagent things, just everything plain and simple; whatever could get the job done in a timely fashion. Nos had to wonder what he did on his free time, with the personality that he had.

Ariston

Ariston thought he had heard a commotion, so he fluttered his wings with more speed and approached what looked like a group of many Soquili. After dramatically landing, his eyes went from Soquili to Soquili, until he was gazed on the mare in the center.

Stepping closer, he looked her in the eye, fluttering his, and saying, "Oh? I do not believe I have had the pleasure of meeting such a find speciman as yourself." He flipped his tail naturally and stared at her traits. Realizing his rudeness, he turned to the other Soquili and lamely nodded.

Looking at the mare once again, he bowed his head, letting the pounds of hair follow him to the ground. "My name is Ariston, what is your name Miss?" After carefully raising his head to fix his golden mane, his purple eyes continued to look at beauty she possessed. Of course he was interested in learning about this mare, for any stunning female speciman was sure to get his attention, at least for a little bit.

"What brilliant wings you have.." He said, almost always focusing his gaze back to them. Never had he seen such a thing.

NOstalgia
Nos was momentarily startled by the kalona's grand entrance into their little chat circle and as a result, her ghost wings flickered and dissapeared into thin air. Realizing her potentially troublesome error, she quickly willed them back into existance, hoping no one had noticed.

Watching the newcomer, she tried not to stare too long and hard at his deity-like form. As he spoke and watched her, it was quite obvious how prideful this Ariston was, from the regal way he held his head and the careless neglect he showed to her fellow Soquili. It was Soquilis like him that Nos was used to dealing with as her duties as the Ghost of Christmas Past, so she felt no intimidation from being around him, as she might any other Soquili.

She listened to him compliment her and her wings fluttered behind her; she wouldn't go as far as to lie, she was indeed very honored to be complimented by such a handsome Soquili, but she knew he was just curious and wanted nothing more than answers from her to satisfy his curiousity.

"My name is Nostalgia, but you, as well as the others, are more than welcome to call me Nos." She replied, admiring his horns and golden hair. "And, I am rather new to this land, so please forgive me if I stare, but it's rare for me to meet such a magnificent creature such as yourself."

She knew she was feeding into his ego, but she hoped to make a good impression on every Soquili that she met... it wouldn't be good to make an enemy the first few days she arrived at her new home.

Bairn
The new edition to this 'happy fest' as Bairn kept mentally calling it made the stallion back up a step or two...it wasn't out of intimidation but surprise. He was large, he was blonde and handsome...but most of all he was a Kalona. The only type of soquili that the earth colored stallion didn't like all that well.

And he dared talk to the strange mare in the way he did...who did he think he was? A stuck up little brat, no doubt. Oh, yea...Pride. One of the seven deadly sings. Pride...or Ariston as he called himself. Nostalgia was much higher then he was in Bairn's book and it pained him to see mare's be talke do that way, even though the mare didn't seem to mind.

"If you don't mind." He spat to Ariston. "My friends and I were having a rather personal conversation. So why don't you go chase after a mare that might actually find you attractive and oogle over you instead of bothering us." Bairn stood in front of the Kalona, eyebrows raised.

Ariston
Ariston chuckled at her response to him, but then lifted his eyes back on her. "There is no reason for an apology, it is always understandable to admire, and I am pleased you are doing so." Of course ignoring how abonoxious he usually could be, he continued on, saying, "I must say though, you yourself have lovely hair. It is always a pleasure to meet another who cares for such a thing." He naturally moved his head backwards, letting his fall again perfectly next to him.

Taking a few steps forward, he slowly started to walk around her, noticing her every detail. "Now aren't you a sight to see yourself, I am quite impressed with your wonderful details!" He made a childish grin, and continued to walk around until he was back in front of her.

Ariston looked at her again, wondering someting suddenly. "So, with those gorgeous wings, are you able to actually fly?" He wondered what sight it would be to see her gliding in the night sky.

After turning his head to see the stallion that spat his words out at him, Ariston narrowed his purple eyes to say, "Watch yourself, you should know how ugly jealousy is. The ugliness that you are showing is something I dispise." He sneered his sharp teeth. He wasn't posing a threat to anybody, and seeing such a reaction pissed him off.

Nostalgia
Her hair was her favorite feature, and it pleased her to no end to be complimented on it. It took great lengths of time to have it braided just right, and Nos took a moment to toss her own mane to the side and smiled gently at Ariston, softly thanking him for his compliment.

Nostalgia flicked her tail to one side as she watched quietly as her new companion made his way around her in a circle. Kalonas weren't known for their kindness, and Nos wondered if he had any hidden motives behind his compliments.

Her wings perked up again at his mentioning of them, and she willed them to return against her sides. "No need to show off", she thought to herself, keeping herself in check. She knew that, although slow on the ground, her transparent, fragile looking wings could take her anywhere in a heartbeat. She used to love flying in the night sky, but that love had dissapeared over time. Maybe in this new land she would gain it back?

"Yes, I am able to fly with these wings, as fragile and transparent as they seem." she confirmed, allowing the wings to spread out and gently lift her off of the ground for a foot or so, then return back onto the Earth and rested them on her side at their rightful place.

Nos could immediatly sense Bairn's disgust with their new "guest". Of course, Bairn never gave off a super friendly attitude to begin with, but from his appearance it seemed that he had a personal distaste for the Kalona race.

Her eyebrows lifted high when she heard him coin the term "friends" as he spoke to Ariston, and she knew something was wrong. From the very beginning, she had noted Bairn's scoffing at the word "friend", and now he was using it to label Apple and Nalani, much less herself?

Gaging their reactions to one another and their harsh words, she knew, if something wasn't done soon, the duo would be caught in a fight.

She paused herself from stopping the upcoming feud, and decided that it wasn't her place to tell either Soquili what to do, so she stood quietly and watched on at their words, taking a few seconds to glance over at Apple and Nalani to see their own expressions of the situation.

Bairn
It wasn't about Nostalgia, Apple or Nalani anymore...they didn't matter at this very moment. It was about dealing with stubborn and stupid soquili like the beast in front of him. Ridiculous, it was, how ignorant the world truly acted...through the eyes of stallions and mares such as Ariston.

Ignoring the other three soquili, Bairn glared at the Kalona and shook his head. Stupidity...it was obvious. "Don't talk to her like that, Pride. That is your sin, is it not? You're Pride, the worst of them all. The dream of all mares and the envy of all stallions? Out of all the Seven Deadly Sins to come across, you have to probably be the one that everyone wants to meet." The earth colored stallions words slid off his tongue with much hatred, it was easy to speak his mind with this guy...oh how he hated the Kalona race...much like the stubborn stuck up ones.

"Jealousy, though? That's all you can come up with? Don't be silly, Pride...I'm never-" Bairn paused, an idea came to his head and it made him almost smirk. "Oh, yes I'm sorry dear Sir. Your beauty just awes me and I cannot help but feel intimidated by how you seem to capture the heart and mine of every mare that crosses your path. Oh how I wish I was you." Now the words were filled with the biggest amount of sarcasism. If this Ariston fella was going to act like he was supposed to, Bairn was going to play along.

No sense argueing with a Sin.

Ariston
Aristons ears heard every word that the stallion shouted, but before dealing with that, he turned back to respond to the lovely mare.

"Ahh, that is wonderful then. It must be a sight to see you shine in the night sky." He looked at her wings once more, and felt his own flap at the thought.

He was distracted by the change in atmosphere, and felt a change in the eyes of the others around him. He felt the other's judgements of him, and they were not for his beauty. His blood started pumping, which was never a good sign. Taking in a deep breath, he tried to ignore the Kalona feelings pumping through his veins, and finally he turned to look at the stallion once again.

"Of course I am a one of the Sins. And of course I am a Kalona. It pains me too see you so upset, my fine sir." Sneering his teeth, he laughed at his sarcasm.

"Oh please. Jealousy is falling out of your expression. I do admit, it is nice to feel a proud sensation from your reaction to me, but at the same time save your energy. If you are trying to offend me, your efforts are worthless." Lifting his nose in the air, he flipped his hair once again.

He fluttered his eyes, and turned to Nos. "It pains me that you must witness this, I stopped here because I was impressed with your presence, and now this stallion is sitting here taking your attention away. That is NOT something that I allow. Attention should always go to those who deserve it." Ariston had his own set of rules, especially when it came to attention. The stallion in no way fit any of his guidlines.

He turned back to the stallion, and lifted his head high. "I am not really sure what you are trying to accomplish here, but this isn't why we are all here in the first place. I came here to meet Nos, but if you want to admire me, please find me on my own time." He winked to him and growled, and turned his attention completely on the mare.

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:22 pm
User Image

Bairn

Many pondering questions ran through the earth colored stallion as he trotted along the forest's end without any reason. That 'happy fest' that he found himself drawn to not a few days ago left him wondering who that strange mare really was. She was hiding something, no doubt...everyone was. But her secret was more deep and more meaningful then anything he could make out. The mare was something other then the kind soquili she played herself out to be.

It was creatures like her that wowed Bairn. It was their hidden mysteriousness that made him want to be more like them rather then his overly hyper parents. Why did he have to be born into such a family, yet be so different from them? All three of the children were so well opposite from their parents...Aruna, Artemis and Bairn. All were calm, secretive and independent. And all had love that they really didn't need, but wanted.

That last meeting made the earth colored stallion wish he'd of stayed longer and talked to whatever her name was after the fact. He wanted to know a lot more about who she really was, just to figure out how the darker side of these lands ticked...just to figure out where he truly belonged.

It was times like these Bairn wished he wasn't Bairn.

Nostalgia
Nostalgia, for once, was glad to have clothing on. The bleak winter in this new land was certainly cold, and her dress gave her some comfort of warmth.

Dragging her chained legs along, she stayed close to the forest's edge. She liked the darkness it provided, for she was used to living in darkness, with her lantern and horn as the only lights to guide her. She had begun to rethink her decison of walking among true Soquilis now... however was she going to fit in being a ghost? And not even a ghost of a former Soquili that walked the Earth...but a ghost that had been formed and made into a ghost from the beginning, thanks to those lazy Spirits who didn't want the job of guarding Christmas Past themselves.

Sighing, she trudged on, and twitched her transparent wings, annoyed that she couldn't walk any faster. She definitely wasn't in a flying mood.

Looking up, she noticed a brown figure walking in her direction. Squinting, the stallion looked familiar... could that be Bairn? She smiled; Bairn seemed like a nice enough horse to get along with. She knew he was curious about her... maybe he could be a horse she could finally confide in?

She tried to trot faster to catch up to him, but her chains prevented her from doing so, so instead, she gently called out "Hello there, friend!"

Bairn
He was lost in thought about the strange mare...which he couldn't remember the name of. He only caught it for a moment, and the stallion definitely wasn't the type to remember stuff like that. His mind usually focused on the detail, like personality, or specific words...but in the mare's case it was her wings, and her chains. And her horn...it let off a small light...it glowed. Normal unicorns or whatever they were called didn't have glowing horns.

She was different, but why?

It took a moment for Bairn to realize someone was calling out to him. 'Friend' he heard and it made him laugh. Who would honestly dare to even say that word to him? It was such an overused phrase, it didn't mean anything. Shrugging it off, the earth colored stallion looked up and found himself looking at the mare he was just thinking about. Sparing her of the time to come up to him, Bairn made his way over to her and bowed.

"Hello." He spoke in a very deep voice, filling it witht the tone of curiousity. "I was just thinking about you. Pardon my...ignorance if you will...but I seem to have forgotten your name."

Nostalgia
She was pleasantly surprised that Bairn had trotted up to her; she had figured he would have been the type to walk by and ignore her. He bowed as he reached her presence, and she tilted her horn in a return greeting.

Hearing that he had forgotten her name didn't surprise her... she, in fact, was used to forgetting her own name sometimes, from the lack of use it had during her duties as more or less one of the Spirits' henchmen. She was just glad that Bairn was willing to speak with her again, being partially worried that he would find her abnormal and want nothing more to do with her.

"Nostalgia. My name's Nostalgia." She said, smiling. "But, if it helps, you're welcome to call me Nos for short."

One of her braids fell down in front of her vision, and she jerked her head up to toss the braid back into place. Glancing back in his direction, Nos continued to smile, more intrigued than ever now about this mysterious, secretive stallion. "You were thinking about me, were you? May I pry and ask what exactly you were thinking?"

Bairn
Her horn stuck out again, as he glanced up and watched as she tilted it. It wasn't anything bad, the way he looked at her...it wasn't ever bad. She was different, just like him and it made him smile. "Nostalgia, eh? I'm terribly sorry I forgot...but if you don't mind Nostalgia is what I'll call you. I'm terribly annoyed with nicknames. It's childish." The earth colored stallion nodded slowly, and then watched as her braid fell.

Her hair was beautiful, and it wasn't like Bairn to ever admit something like that...but the truth was always what he spoke...so it fit. Nostalgia's hair flowed perfectly, almost like she was meant to look that way...instead of wanting too. Yes, that was it...her image was something that was a burden...not a wish.

"Don't worry my dear, it wasn't anything bad. I was just thinking about your mysterious ways I noticed the other day. I realize your secret and do not wish to talk about it...but it makes me very curious."

Nostalgia
"There's nothing wrong with being childish every once in a while," Nos said sweetly, giving Bairn a wink and then a soft giggle. "But I understand if you prefer to call me by my full name. Whatever makes you feel more comfortable."

She watched as he seemed entranced by her hair, and her cheeks colored slightly, hoping that she looked presentable... she hadn't seen her reflection in quite some time and was afraid she might look a bit messy to other Soquilis. She never had to worry, really, about her appearance until now, and she wanted, as always to make a good impression.

When he mentioned "her secret", she froze. Had he figured out what she was? What did he know? Her eyes widened in surprise, and she stammered out "M..my secret? What do you mean?"

Bairn
"Yes, there is. It makes someone seem weak and pathetic." The wink and giggle that Nostalgia gave him was only proof that everyone was the same, deep down. She may seem dark...but she was still like his parents and everyone else he met. "Thank you, Nostalgia...it means a lot to me." Then the earth colored stallion decided it best to return her smile.

Oh, so he was right about one thing...she had a secret. He knew that all along she had something to hide...it was in her aura, the way she acted, the way she looked. "Your past? Am I correct?" Again, Bairn gave her another warm smile. "I'm not asking you to explain, everyone has skeleton's in their closet that they do not wish to speak about. Even me."

Ah yes, the skeleton. He sighed, his was probably the worst one of all, for it was the stupidiest reason ever. He might act tough and seem strong, but he was scared. Scared of everything...scared of what might be, scared of what might not be. Scared of the past, the present and the future. Scared of whomever and whatever, scared of himself.

But most of all he was scared to show it. It wasn't much that he was afraid of others opinions of him, but he was too prideful. Ah yes, pride...the worst sin of all seven. His pride, his dignity wouldn't let him show his emotions.

"Your aura just makes me very curious." Bairn said finally, tilting his head down slightly.

Nostalgia
"So much for trying to repel him away," Nostalgia sighed to herself. She had hoped by acting a bit foalish that perhaps Bairn might find an excuse to back off... he was getting too close to knowing her past, and now it seemed that he already knew something was up. Should she tell him all of her past? Make something up? Or give him just a small insight to what she was, what she had to go through?

"The truth will set you free", she muttered softly, and kicked one of her back legs out of habit. These chains seemed extra annoying today for some reason.

"Well, Bairn, you're a gentleman for not trying to pressure me out of my... secrets, but.." she paused, thinking of the words she was trying to say. Usually she was much more eloquent with her words, but ever since Bairn threw her off, she was worse than a newborn foal. "But I feel like you deserve to know at least part of my past. Who I am."

She stepped forward and closed her eyes, willing her wings to dissapear for Bairn to see as she took a deep breath. "I am, as you know, not a regular Soquili. In fact, I've never been an earth-born Soquili. I am a ghost created by the Spirits to perform an eternal duty for their bidding..."

She opened one eye slightly to see his expression, nervous and anxious of what it might be.

Bairn
So she trusted him? It seemed as so, her reaction to when he spoke didn't look to negative...maybe this 'meeting' was meant to be. Every soquili he ran into gave him more of an insight into his own life and taught him things he wished he never knew. That's why the earth colored stallion hated un-natural beings so much. They were mighty, and they knew.

But Nostalgia was different. He felt pitty for her, her chains...they represented a sort of....slavery almost.

Her first comment made Bairn chuckle, "Ah, of cource. It seems to always be that way, but it never really is."

"If you feel I deserve to know these secrets of yours, then I'm honored, Nostalgia. You don't have to say a word, I'll understand you'll-" The stallion was cut off as he processed the strange mare's last words. And his eyes lit up at the sight of her disappearing wings. So that was it, a ghost...er...rather a spirit of some sort. Beautiful. Bairn never expected he'd meet some one of such standard, but he knew she was different then the rest of the un natural beings.

The wings only made things better for him, though. Smileing hugely, the stallion bowed, and then spoke with the quietest voice he could manage. "Eternal duty? Ghost? That's amazing, my dear. I never realized-" Again Bairn paused...his mother told him stories of all of them. The Sins, the Kalona's, the...Christmas Spirits. It only seemed fitting that she was one of them, being she appeared on such a holiday. But what part of this spirit business was her burden.

One more smile appeared on Bairn's face before he caught himself and started to speak again, "I'm sorry."

Nostalgia
She couldn't help but laugh nervously at his reaction. Nos knew he would be stunned, but he seemed to have taken it alot better than she had expected any earth-born Soquili to have. She willed her wings back into vision, and they fluttered for a few moments before returning to her side.

"Amazing is not quite the word of choice I would give it." She said gently, her head tilting to one side as she gave a weak smile. "More of a... burden, if you will."

She leaned down and gestured towards her chains. "I saw you glancing down at them. I know they look very odd, but I'm afraid they'll always be a part of who I am. You see, my duty is under the Keeper of Time. I work for the spirit who controls time and everything in it... my position, when needed, is to aid Soquilis and other mammals, as well as those on two legs when it comes to their pasts. I help them recall scenes from their pasts and what they've forgotten... many creatures look only towards the future and the hard times ahead. Many have forgotten all that has happened that is good in their lives already. So, figuratively and literally speaking, I am chained to the Past."

She hoped he could find it in his heart to believe her. It was alot to digest, she knew it, but Bairn seemed to be a mature Soquili that was open-minded enough to believe what she was telling was the truth.

"Most creatures don't know we exist, which is how we like for it to be." She continued, watching his expression carefully, trying to read emotions from his gestures, "And, for the most part, we aren't needed until the emotional seasons come during the year... especially during the winter season. That's how we receive our little nicknames... and perhaps you've heard of mine? I've been referred to as the Ghost of Christmas Past."

Bairn
It was Bairn's turn to laugh now, as he watched her wings come back, and his mouth hung open in awe. It was a truly beautiful sight to witness, wait till he told Bliss, Astia or Aruna...neither of them would ever believe the stallion of his meeting.

"Terrible word choosing on my part I suppose. Sorry. Ah, burden...we all carry our...own burden, my dear...but none as...interesting as yours.... Well, erm...I mean none as....horrible to....stand as yours." Now the earth colored stallion couldn't find the right words to say to Nostalgia and he found himself stumbling as each word came out.A slight off color of red appeared on the prideful stallion's cheeks as he looked directly at the ground, instead of her.

"Again, not odd, interesting." He finally managed to get out, after listening ot her words and giving a long pause inbetween. Nostalgia's words, though seemed to hit the part of him that was normally hit when talking to 'beasts' as he so kindly put it. Nodding slowly, Bairn finally looked up from the ground and into the strange mare's eyes. His own were filled with sorrow, and understanding for the poor 'ghost'. No, not understanding, the stallion told himself...he never understood creatures like her, for his life wasn't as eventful for a lack of a better term.

She dealt with the past, his biggest fear. The future and what it held bothered him as well, but the past...he had done terrible things to Astia in the past...he destroyed her mentally. Bairn hadn't been able to take it all back either, his pride wouldn't let him take such a level. And plus, the love of his life wouldn't ever forgive him, all she wanted was to be loved by him..which now since she was there was nothing more for Bairn to do. He hoped that perhaps Nostalgia hadn't looked into his shadowy past and thought of him differently then how he presented himself to her.

Ah, the past though...the mare had said she was chained to it...forever it seemed to be...perhaps she was the one that haunted him? Perhaps she was the one that put him in the mindset to be afraid of looking back, instead of forward. If she was, he knew why. He deserved all of it.

Finally, Bairn broke the silence after Nostalgia was done speaking with a tiny chuckle. It all seemed to be overwhelming, everything...was this the start of another one of his emotional break throughs? The stallion hoped not, for then he'd have to run again, run away from the mare, run away from his family and himself. He couldn't bare hurting another one he loved. "I'm sorry." Was the only thing Bairn could find himself to say, no other words came out. But he smiled and nodded at her last question. The Ghost of Christmas Past, he figured just as much. And future, and present. Oh, what a joy those two might be as well, eh?

Nostalgia
He looked nervous now... almost scared. What had she said to make him so fidgety? Wasn't she the one who was supposed to be put under the proverbial spotlight at the moment?

Nos stared at him, her lavender eyes growing colder looking as she continued watching him, studying his facial expressions. "What's wrong, Bairn?" She asked softly, almost a whisper, "Why do I scare you?"

Was it the fact that she was a ghost that startled him? She thought better of Bairn, with all of the other breeds of Soquilis out there, a ghost shouldn't startle him... so perhaps it was something else about her that made him fluster. Was it the fact that her duties lay in working with the Past? She had met many people with skeletons in their closets, and she was no exception to the rule herself, but why would that make him so nervous? Did he think that she was using her powers to search into his own past?

"You shouldn't worry," She told him calmly, her eyes growing warmer as she quit her hard staring, "I wouldn't do anything without your permission first, of course, if that's what you're worried about."

Bairn
He smirked, so she knew something was up with him now? Breathing heavily, the stallion tried to hold back words and emotions that weren't normally supposed to come out. "You didn't scare me, my dear. I scared myself with these silly thoughts about my past when you said what you said." Bairn mumbled back, barely even louder then her whisper.

"This isn't your fault. It's my past coming back to haunt me. I'm sure you already know about that though, right?" This time he spoke a little bit louder and looked directly into her eyes. Nostalgia looked confused, almost...like she didn't know why he was acting like this. Haha, silly...it had to deal completely with his past? Who better then her to know everything?

Calming down a bit, Bairn finally gave another one of his rare but famous warm smiles. "Thank you. I guess, yes...my past is a secret I do not wish to live again. But it'll come, in time...I know it will because it's who I am. But thank you, keeping my past a secret from the world except those who were there is what I aim to do." He laughed, she didn't creep him out at all, no...that was stupid. The only creatures that ever creeped him out were Kalona's...especially Windflame Bloodrider. Maybe it was time he met his old friend again, just to talk...about their pasts.

Nostalgia
So he was hiding secrets!

Nos gave a gentle smile in Bairn's direction, but inwardly she was doing her own little victory dance. So she hadn't lost her touch, even though she had abandoned her dutiful post in the spirit realm!

It was tempting not to take a little peek into Bairn's past to see what was upsetting him so, but she knew better than to abuse her powers. Not only that, but to look through the time of another being required physical touching, and Bairn definitely didn't appear to be a Soquili that would like to be touched, even if it was something as simple as a brush of skin to skin.

"Well," She finally said, glad to see the warm smile spread across the stallion's face, "If you would ever like to talk about it, you are more than welcome to talk with me. I assure you, I have seen many unbelievable things throughout the years, and I can be honest when I tell you that you are not alone in your situation, whatever it is. Though I may not have any personal 'hoofs-on' experience about it, I'm sure I've had to deal with it.... in one form or fashion."

Bairn
((I just wanna say that I imagined Nos doing a little victory dance and lol'ed so hard in rl. XD))

He took the gentle smile as a 'your secret is safe with me' type deal and nodded his head slowly. She might have understood the way she thought she did...but even the Ghost of Christmas Past didn't know what he was truly going through. Not knowing who you are supposed to be, or what you're supposed to do was painful.

But it seemed as though the Ghost Mare didn't know what his past consisted of. Could it be that he hadn't been bothered by her? Perhaps she only dealt with those who needed it most...but wouldn't that be him? No, he thought to himself. He might complain, but the stallion definitely had a better life then most soquili that lived these lands. He had a love, a family and a home. Some didn't have anything. His past wasn't that bad.

"Thank you, Nostalgia...you don't know how much it means to me to have someone other then my siblings, my love and my parents want to help me deal with everything." He nodded again, but this time his spirit seemed to have been lifted a little bit, so now Bairn felt 'happy' again. "I'm sure. Sorry. I know I'm not alone, and I know I'm not the worst basket case, but it's my life and I'd rather not deal with it. I want a family of my own, with Astia...and I can't be a father like this."

Nostalgia
"Life can be a journey full of heartache," she said slowly, watching the sorrow in his eyes, "But it was never meant to be made alone."

She knew her words were meant for him, as well as any other Earth born Soquili, but she wondered if those same words would ever apply to herself. Could she herself find love in the world of the living? And if she did, would it be possible to make a home... make a family with the living? These were questions she could not answer... she wasn't even sure she was capable of this "love" everyone seemed to be after. She saw it and knew what it was, but in her heart, she longed for personal affection from a stallion she could call her own. But was that truly love? Or just the want of attention? In the end, it may not even matter... the Spirits might decide it was time for her to return to her duties and she'd be forced to leave everything she had begun on Earth unfinished.

Her smile grew brighter as the stallion thanked her for her offer of help, and her ears perked with curiousity as he spoke of family.

"I would very much like to meet this Astia you speak of, one day. Any mare who is blessed by having your love must be a magnificent horse indeed. I can see you as being a stallion with very high standards, Bairn." she said, teasing lightly, hoping to bring the sorrow out of his eyes by speaking of the one he loved. "And what do you mean, 'like this'? Don't you think you're fit enough to be a father right now?"

Bairn
Bairn nodded, oh how true she was. Never alone, no...seperate, maybe...from the rest of the world but there was always someone for everyone. Like your family, a lover, or a best friend. No one was ever alone...they all had someone, no matter who they were. "Everyone has someone, no matter how long it takes to find that one person. There is always one other out there. I found Astia, on accident mind you...and I'm not regreting that one bit, anymore." The stallion could tell that now Nostalgia was deep in thought about something...and since the topic so welcomely turned into one about love, perhaps she was thinking about her own future?

Was it strange, for creatures like her to have that feeling? Bairn wondered so...because it was indeed hard for even him to admit his feelings at first...love isn't about having fun with the other being, or any of that romantic crap in his mind. It was mainly more about knowing that this certain creature was right for you and that you could see yourself growing old with them. Or rather, starting a family.

Ah, so now the conversation decided to take a lovely turn onto Astia? That was something that secretely bothered him, taking about the one he loved. It made him feel as though he was weak, something he couldn't explain unless he really wanted too. Nodding again, Bairn spoke up. "Really now? Well, Astia will be more then happy to meet you, my dear. Any mare that is good enough for me to not ignore and actually have a rather pleasent conversation with is good enough for her. She's very nice, very fragile and sweet." He paused for a moment, and did his best to smile. Talking about Astia was hard for him. "She really is a magnificent horse, really. Haha, I may seem like I have high standards, and indeed I'm sorry to say that's true...but she caught me at a bad time and I was kinda forced into this love. But I'm really in love now, Astia..she's amazing." A real smile was planted on his face at that time, some reason he didn't mind saying that part.

Now came the explaining part, thought Bairn as he heard Nostalgia's last question. "No, not now. Me and Astia are so far apart, we rarely see eachother. And I'm too...different then how a father should be. Like my own, very loving and playful. I'm protective, yes...very...but I just don't see myself as a good one. I'd hate to see the little ones all torn up because of my own cursed personality."

Nostalgia
She pawed the ground softly with her front hoof as she digested what he was saying.

She found herself smiling as she watched Bairn speak of his love. He seemed almost embarrassed at first, like he was ashamed that he was capable of falling in love. "Stallions can be so silly sometimes," she thought to herself, wondering what Bairn's potential mate looked like.

Then Bairn began to speak of being a father, and she couldn't help from speaking up. "Being a father isn't just about being playful, you know." She finally said, her lavender eyes gazing at him, "It's about protection, and love. Not every father treats their child the same way, so I don't see why you should rule yourself out of the position, really. You would be a gentle father; it's obvious from your personality that you would care and provide for your offspring... I think you just doubt yourself too much."

Nostalgia wondered if he would scoff at her thoughts. She wouldn't blame him if he did After all, she couldn't speak from personal experience. She never had a father or a mother to care for her... she was always just... there. Sure, she was able to witness many a familiy affair in her job of being the Christmas Past Spirit, but that was the extent of her knowledge of fatherhood.

Bairn
He sighed and listened to what she had to say about the topic. Everyone acted so wise all the time and had their own opinions, of cource...but no one truly understood what he meant when he spoke his own words. Except Aruna...everyone else just seemed to think he was a babbling stubborn fool. Maybe now Nostalgia viewed him the same as everyone else.

"But my father was playful and funny and look at how I turned out!" Bairn laughed, and made a quick pose. It was a complete joke of cource...but he meant it to be that his father was in fact the greatest father ever. "I guess your right though, my dear...no two fathers are alike. I'm just worried that they might turn out like Astia, or myself. I don't want them to be like me, I cannot stand to see my children be tortured with my emotionalness. I would protect them to the end, of cource...and love them...I just think they'd be better off with someone who isn't like me."

Nostalgia
"What's wrong with them being like you?"

She tilted her head to one side questioningly. She wouldn't have minded a father like Bairn... she was never one for sillyness and games. Just someone to love and look after her... that's all she ever wanted.

It was obvious from the stallion's expressions that he had heard the same opinion voiced many times and was getting tired of it, and Nostalgia regretted having said anything to him in the first place. It was his life to lead and his decisions to make, and she was stupid for trying to help him decide them for him.

"I apologize for being an annoyance," She said quietly, "I'm sure by now you've had many people tell you what's best for you, but only you know what's best for you. I shouldn't have tried to advise you... it really isn't any of my business, much less my place to give you my opinion."

Bairn
"Everything." He said quickly, deciding it best not to sugar coat the whole deal and just boil it down to one word. "I mean, I just want my kids to be happy. I'm afraid they might take on my emotions."

It was a hard thing to explain, very hard...but deep down Bairn just didn't want his future children to sit at home one night and ponder why they exsisted, like he himself once did. It drove him crazy, but he didn't show it on the outside. On the inside he was hurting, which was why he didn't come home for sometime.

Then the light stallion shook his head at Nostalgia. "You not annoying my dear. You're just making your own opinions. Doesn't mean I have to like what you say." He shrugged and then smiled..."But yes, you're right. Too many people in my life had tried to show me what I should do, but no one knows how I feel. I just want to figure out who I am, I guess. Don't worry...your opinions are your own, voice them when you wish."

Nostalgia
"Trying to discover who you are can sometimes take one's entire life to figure out... and then others are unfortunate and never find out who they really are. I find it best, myself, to live life day by day... you never know when it's going to end."

Spoken from experience, Nostalgia pushed away the thought of ever having to return back to the ghost realm. As much conflict as she faced in the "real" world, she much preferred it, as she had known nothing but loneliness before. Any day now, the Spirits would beckon her return and she'd have no other choice than to comply.

"I wish I was fortunate enough to bear children. Foals are a blessing to the cruel world, with their happiness and innocence."

She turned slightly and eyed her belly with her peripheral vision, wondering if her womb would ever be graced with such a blessing. "But your decision is your own to make, and I wish you well with your choice, no matter what it is."

Bairn
((Awww, sweetness! Congrats, I'll bet that was exciting!^^))

"I just don't want it to take that long, Nostalgia. I want to know now, so I don't make the same mistakes I did in my past. It's hard to fix one's problems, you know. Hard." He sighed, "But you're right...I guess I'm just taking this too seriously. I need to just grab life by the hooves and run with it, eh?"

Bairn just hated the thought of never truly understanding who he was in life, that would probably drive him slowly insane. It wasn't fair...those who were born with a purpose...be it good or bad...they had a reason to be on this earth...but Bairn didn't know what his was yet. Although, the light stallion knew that if he pushed hard enough, the answer would come sooner or later. Just hoped sooner then later.

"Why can't you? I mean, you're just as able to as the rest of the mares, even though you're a ghost, right?" Now the stallion grinned when she described hoow foals lived. That wasn't exactly the case when him and his two sisters were foals...they were happy, but different then every other foal. "You'll find love one day, and the two of you will be as happy as any other couple, with a bunch of ghastly foals." He grinned, "Thank you, Nostalgia. I guess, my choice whatever it be will lead me in the direction that I was meant to take."

Nostalgia

She smiled and ignored the braids that gently fell over one eye. Nos wished she could understand Bairn's thinking better... she guessed it didn't really help when she had her whole life's purpose already laid out for her since the beginning of her existence.

"Ah, well, if you don't want to make the same mistakes as you did in the past... all you have to do is look to the past!" Her wings twitched, and she faded them out of sight, beginning to feel a bit restless. "The past isn't just something you can just push away. You have to confront it, or it'll always be around to haunt you."

She paused, then laughed softly at her words. "And by haunting, I mean figuratively. Only on occassion, physically."

Swishing her lion-like tail, she smiled at his comment about "ghastly foals", and wished deep down in her heart that the dream might someday come true. But she refused to mother a foal unless she knew for a fact she'd never be forced to leave this world.. the last thing she wanted to do was to birth life just to abandon it, forced to return to her eternal duties.

Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff