Reply Creative Crossroads
Artwork Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Large Inmate

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:12 pm
I have Photoshop working so I resized some of my drawings.

This one is pretty much self-explanitory xd
User Image

I must have been in a really good mood when I made this one.
User Image  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:17 pm
The whole darn thing won't fit in my scanner, but this is a piece of my watercolor painting, Prince of Cats (inspired by Mercutio from Romeo and Juliet).

User Image

This one was an assignment for my art class:

The Boat  

Slim95
Crew

godoftherain

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:48 pm
The Illegal Snail
ningyou-kun
The Illegal Snail

thanks! Those are some of my older ones.

I use prisma colorpencils and watercolor and pen mostly. What is gouache? I'm interested to know.

To Xik: You art is inspirational.

Gouache is a rubber/gum based paint. it is very thick and is actually a bit expensive, but very very bright in colour.
It's tricky to use properly but used to be used all the time in graphic design for mockups if i understand correctly. whee

Sounds awesome! Does it not absorb the water colors so it stands out more, like wax?

Yeah, that's exactly it! it's very vibrant in colour and it gives a strong solid and even colour, very hard to be gestural with it.  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 am
Hm, its not easy to work with though, right?  

The Illegal Snail

Slim95
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:10 pm
This is Teapot:
User Image

He's so gosh darn friendly.

Can anyone help me find out what's wrong with his legs? D: They bother me.....  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:43 pm
User Image

Its a bad pic....I'll take one later.  

DaisukeOrDark

A mali

Wintry Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:13 am
Wonderful artists all.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:31 am
User Image  

- Sebi The Lost -

The Illegal Snail

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:12 pm
Slim95
This is Teapot:
User Image

He's so gosh darn friendly.

Can anyone help me find out what's wrong with his legs? D: They bother me.....

His left shin needs to overlap his theigh (sp?) and be brought forward more.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:24 pm
While I have some confidence in my artistic potential, I have a problem with motivation. I rarely finish what I start, and I need to start getting in the habit of actually completing things.

I also get pulled into habits of drawing the same thing multiple times. I need to learn to change it up a little, just draw random doodles more often, different subjects from here to there and not feel the need to repeat them over and over again.

While I'm not nearly as good as Mut and definitely need more work on facial features, hands, the like, I think I could be on my way to something good if I was just willing to sit down and do the work.

I often draw people- I used to draw dragons a lot, but now it's more like once in a blue moon. I need to practice with animals, still life, and landscapes more often.

Here's some stuff, chronologically ordered from most recent to oldest;

[link] (filthy fanart)

[WIP] [link] (More filthy fanart)

[link] (Original character atleast, but back before I understood dynamic poses/lighting/facial featurs all that well)

By the way- thanks, guys, for sharing your art with us. It's always great to get a look at what other people are doing. The best of luck to you all. 3nodding

K0m0d0

Dark_Wyvern

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:55 am
eek sebi. . . your an exeptionally good artist. . .  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:27 pm
K0m0d0
While I have some confidence in my artistic potential, I have a problem with motivation. I rarely finish what I start, and I need to start getting in the habit of actually completing things.

I also get pulled into habits of drawing the same thing multiple times. I need to learn to change it up a little, just draw random doodles more often, different subjects from here to there and not feel the need to repeat them over and over again.

While I'm not nearly as good as Mut and definitely need more work on facial features, hands, the like, I think I could be on my way to something good if I was just willing to sit down and do the work.

I often draw people- I used to draw dragons a lot, but now it's more like once in a blue moon. I need to practice with animals, still life, and landscapes more often.

Here's some stuff, chronologically ordered from most recent to oldest;

[link] (filthy fanart)

[WIP] [link] (More filthy fanart)

[link] (Original character atleast, but back before I understood dynamic poses/lighting/facial featurs all that well)

By the way- thanks, guys, for sharing your art with us. It's always great to get a look at what other people are doing. The best of luck to you all. 3nodding

You have definitely improved! ... however long it took me to get to that point with cg graphics, you got there faster...  

The-Mut-Cat

K0m0d0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:37 pm
The-Mut-Cat

You have definitely improved! ... however long it took me to get to that point with cg graphics, you got there faster...

Thank you! But, really, I've been working with cg for a while- I've just been able to do more ever since I got photoshop. 3nodding The ability to make your own brushes, layers and the like, really helps. Up untill then I was working with this program called 'photostudio', which I got pretty good at from using it and nothing but it for years.

It's still good to know I'm getting better.

Creative Crossroads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff