Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Diagon Alley Streets Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:39 pm
This world is cold
But you don't
You don't have to go
You're feeling sad, you're feeling lonely
Hold on
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

Darcy gave a shrug and equally awkward grin at Jane's response before he too was chuckling. It was a truly weird first date and he couldn't be happier. "I have to say Jane I think we're perfect for each other. Between your 'royal' secret and my dark past we'd make any pretween swoon with our romance story." his lopsided smile returned with his laughter while glancing down at their intertwined hands. While he was kidding he was also serious, he did think they were perfect for each other, which was odd for him since he never just jumped into anything, especially relationships. But what he felt with Jane felt natural, right.

Hold on if you feel like letting go
Hold on it gets better than you know
Your days
You say they're way too long
And your nights
You can't sleep at all
Hold on

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:11 pm
User Image

User Image

Jane was relieved when Darcy began to laughed and smiled comfortably but was not quite ready for his words. Perfect. Yeah, she wasn't expecting that. Sure it seemed like it and in her heart it seemed just right but her logic screamed at her. Why did she need logic? It was not even a tiny bit fair. She was always a logic, analytical, person, yet somehow still managed to be extremely run by her emotions. Her life made no sense. She blew a hair from her face and took the last bite of her ice cream. What exactly worried her about him saying their relationship was perfect, from all signs it was and she wanted it to be. It suddenly struck. Allen. They would explain her hesitation, he said they had been perfect and then the rushed into things and then he left without a word. She didn't even know if he was still alive. Jane smiled and looked at the setting sun; it'd be dark soon. "So any other secrets you'd like to share?" She asked with a cocked eyebrow and a goofy smile.

ooc;
MADE BY PURPLEINATOR. DO NOT REMOVE.

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

AddyAbnormal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:26 am
I'm wearing my heart on my sleeve,
Feelin' lucky today
Got the sunshine

User Image

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Leah laughed freely as the trio burst out onto the street. She hadn’t had this much fun in months! Between gasps for air she managed to get out, “That was… seriously… amazing!” She high-fived Gypsy and Tanya enthusiastically in the spring air. Summer was fast approaching and Leah was a bit wary of it. Spring was the redhead’s favorite season, and she was always a bit melancholy when the summer sun turned green into brown and made it less bearable to be outside. Right now, she relished the perfect temperature as the three began the walk to Ollivanders. They didn’t want Gypsy’s parents to catch up with them, did they?
An ear-to-ear smile plastered across her face, Leah attempted to make conversation. “So Gypsy, what house do you want to be sorted into? I don’t really mind as long as we dominate in quidditch. Do you like quidditch?” She turned to Tanya. “And what house do you fancy? I can’t wait for you to join us next year. It’ll be great with the three of us there to recall this day. Speaking of which… We’re getting our wands, Gypsy! How cool is that?” Her stomach did somersaults of anticipation as she thought of it. She hoped she didn’t break anything on her first few tries. Her mom had told the story of how the first wand she tried was so incompatible it tried to self-destruct. Leah could hardly imagine her mother’s horrified expression. Melissa was so regal and refined that something so surprising and comical made for a great story. Thinking of it however suddenly brought in a wave of nervousness. Leah fell silent as she imagined the grim possibilities. Especially in front of her new friends, the girl didn’t want to embarrass herself. She began twirling a lock of orange hair around her thumb, a nervous habit of hers. She knew it couldn’t be so bad, but it still was a little nerve-racking when she was about to do something she’d anticipated since infancy. Being the oldest sibling wasn’t always great, she had nobody to walk her through the trials and joys of preparing for and going to Hogwarts. She found herself envying Kieth and Kells, for they had a wonderful older sister that could keep their nerves at bay… A small giggle escaped Leah’s lips as she pictured herself as her older sister. That would be strange. The eleven-year-old sighed as she realized her knack for picturing odd scenarios. It just never got old.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

My Diary

Emotion: Scared, Excited, Nervous • Action: Heading to Ollivanders to get my first wand! • Thought: I hope I don’t maim or seriously injure anyone… • Location: Diagon Alley streets • Crush: Nobody yet • Outfit: Summer Neon

Can you tell me what more do I need?
And tomorrow's just a mystery oh yeah,
But that's okay

Cara MiaKitty

Yukina101

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:35 pm
User Image
Gypsy Lovette
Unsorted // First Year // Wearing at Diagon Alleyspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Leah and Tanyaspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Mischievous, ecstaticspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oooh, this is gonna rock!' spacespac

Sometimes I get so weird
I even freak myself out...

════════════════════════════════════════════════

Gypsy high-fived Leah with a big grin on her face, her hair and eyes having turned purple from the excitement at sneaking around and being mischievous. But, now it was time to focus. She took a deep breath to calm herself, closing her eyes, centering herself like her mother had taught her to, and started to think. What should she do to herself today? She opened one eye. "Alright, girls, first thing's first, the name of the game is disappear. And in order to do that, we need to not draw attention. My parents are the ones looking, so I need to change. What should I do? I'm taking suggestions." Gypsy knew that pretty much everyone loved to see a Metamorphmagus change. This would give the girls an excuse to play with her for a bit. But, they did need to hurry, so she added; "But make it quick. And Leah, your hair is way too obvious, here!" She took her hat off, glad that she'd chosen such an unassuming one for once, and grabbed the redhead's hair, gently of course, and bundled it up under the cap until you could barely see it. "There. Now you're hidden, too. And Tanya, you're fine, I think. I mean, you're a bit smaller, and your hair is a normal color, so they wouldn't be looking for you. I know my parents, they'll have an eye out for Leah's hair. So, anyway. What hair, what face?" Honestly, Gypsy was excited about the possibility of getting to play with her face for two new friends. She'd never really gotten to do it before. Certainly not for people her own age. This was great!

I laugh myself to sleep, it's my lullaby.

(( OOC: ))

AddyAbnormal

Yukina101

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:23 pm
User Image

WearingWhere: Diagon Alley StreetsWith: Leah, and GypsyThinking: What to do where to go?!OOC

Tanya laughed loudly and freely as she and the girls "escaped" from the robe shop. "That was totally and completely wicked! I have gooooot to get me some of that powder!" her smile was stretched from ear to ear. Listening to Leah's overexcited talking following as they began to walk along the streets of the Alley. "I'm definitely going for Gryffindor, just like my Mum!" she answered confidently. Turning to her suddenly serious, if still eager, friend she nodded in agreement with Gypsy's words and thought for a minute before saying her suggestion. "Hmm....I think you should do brown hair, its the most unassuming, but maybe blue eyes and...could you get taller? And make your hair like up in a bun? Act like your like our tour guide, or our mother!" she said with a laugh.
AddyAbnormal

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:24 pm
I'm wearing my heart on my sleeve,
Feelin' lucky today
Got the sunshine

User Image

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

When Gypsy began tucking the bright red hair into her cap, she was slightly surprised. She knew that her hair would pose a slight disadvantage, but wasn’t expecting Gypsy to take charge so quickly. She kind of liked it, having someone else call the shots. Of course, her parents always called the shots for her, but they didn’t count. Leah never followed under their example. Gypsy on the other hand was much more fun to listen to. Especially when she offered them the choice of her disguise.
Excitedly, Leah nodded when Tanya spoke. What an experience! Leah couldn’t wait to get home and log this all into the journal she’d gotten for her birthday. She’d been saving it as a diary for her Hogwarts experiences, and this definitely fit the bill. She laughed alongside Tanya. “Yes… hello, Mommy,” Leah half giggled, half spoke to the metamorphmagus. “Will you please take me to get my wand?” She had to refrain from putting on another mental production starring Gypsy as her maternal unit. This was just about the best day of her life so far. Jokingly, she elbowed Tanya. “Come on, sis, mommy wants to get us home for supper!” Bright smile and springy step, the Forthwright girl lost all anxiety. She was just Leah, having the time of her life with two new pals.
On either side of the street, the storefronts called out. As the three girls passed the Quidditch store, Leah eyed the brooms longingly. If only we were allowed to bring brooms our first year… she thought. That was the only thing that could make today more perfect. They passed the bookstore, and Leah made a mental note to purchase her books, the third and final item on her list. Her portkey wouldn’t activate for another couple hours, which was more than enough time to get everything she needed, hang out for a while, and get home. Not that her parents would notice her absence. Melissa was no doubt keeping all of her focus on Heir Keith, as Leah called him, and her father was most likely looming in his office, being sinister. The only one who would miss Leah was Kells, and even she would be busy honing her already impeccable piano skills. Or burrowing into some fictional world. Leah was so proud to have Kelsey as a little sister. The five-year-old was nearly wiser than her own parents.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

My Diary

Emotion: Ecstatic • Action: Heading to Ollivanders to get my first wand! • Thought: Haha, Gypsy is my mother! • Location: Diagon Alley streets • Crush: Nobody yet • Outfit: Summer Neon

Can you tell me what more do I need?
And tomorrow's just a mystery oh yeah,
But that's okay

AddyAbnormal

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:32 pm
User Image
Gypsy Lovette
Unsorted // First Year // Wearing at Diagon Alleyspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Leah and Tanyaspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Mischievous, ecstaticspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oooh, this is gonna rock!' spacespac

Sometimes I get so weird
I even freak myself out...

Gypsy smiled a bit. The mother? A little boring, but alright. It did pose an interesting challenge, since the other two girls looked absolutely nothing alike, but she supposed she could say one of them was adopted. And since Leah's most distinguishing characteristic was her already-hidden hair, and mimicking Tanya would be a new experience, she decided to go with looking like the biological mother of the darker haired girl. She cleared her mind, focused, and closed her eyes. As she pictured it in her head, her body grew taller, just tall enough to pass as an adult, and her features grew more mature. Likewise, her skin darkened, as did her hair, and took on a texture similar to Tanya's. When she was done, she looked like an African woman in her mid-twenties. Nothing like what she really looked like. To finish her disguise, she took off her hoodie and turned it inside out so that the bright pink wasn't visible. She liked to line all of her clothes with a completely different color than the outside for just such an occasion. The inside of this particular jacket was a calm, deep green. It didn't quite match her hot pink jeans, but it was good enough. She glanced at the two girls. "How's this?" she asked, pulling out a ribbon and quickly tying her hair up in a bun. She was quick about it, having done just this more times than she could count. For the finishing touch, she pulled out a pair of cat's eye glasses she'd been hiding in her pocket and put them on.

I laugh myself to sleep, it's my lullaby.

(( OOC: ))

AddyAbnormal

Yukina101

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:05 pm
User Image

WearingWhere: Madame MalkinsWith: Leah, Miss. Fiona, and the LovettesThinking: Those two better wait for her!OOC

Tanya's eyes popped and her mouth dropped as she took in Gypsy's new appearance. She could past for her aunt! "Oh my....Merlin! You look absolutely brilliant...Mummy." she completely lost control and began to laugh at the absurdity of this situation. Her eyes kept on the newly transformed girl while Leah dragged through the crowds towards the wand shop although her eyes did stray to the Quidditch store and their marvelous brooms. What she wouldn't do for a ride on one of those...Finally they neared Ollivanders and were close to walking in. "C'mon M-Mum! We want to get our wands!" Tanya said with a sly grin.
AddyAbnormal

Cara MiaKitty

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:09 pm
This world is cold
But you don't
You don't have to go
Hold on
User Image

Darcy smiled in relief that Jane didn't run screaming for the hills for his tiny slip-up. He knew he shouldn't make them sound long-term-permanent like he had when this was only their first date but he couldn't help it! He felt like they could work...then again this was one of his first relationships. The older boy had been so concerned with survival and protecting his family that the idea of girls and dating had been on the back burner of his mind. But now here was this girl practically making him go gaga with a giggle, it was maddening! Darcy blinked as she asked her question with a silly smile making him grin in return. "Erm...I have an intense hatred of insects with more than four legs?" he replied lamely with a shrug and lopsided grin.

Your days
And your nights
You can't sleep at all
Hold on

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:45 pm
User Image

User Image

Jane laughed again. "Well I can say with surety you are not the only one." Insects in general freaked her out. She took a deep breath as she felt a small chill. She ran a hand over her arms trying to warm herself. It truly wasn't cold but Jane was always freezing, that mixed with her nerves made it much worse than it was. Jane just looked at Darcy for a moment not sure of what to say, mostly she was fine just sitting here looking at him. After a moment she spoke the words she had been dreading. "You know, it's getting late and my roommate doesn't know I'm out." She stared awkwardly at her sandaled feet. She really didn't want to leave, she was just fine sitting out here talking for the rest of the night but Abs would get worried soon and that could be disastrous. She hoped Darcy didn't think she was enjoying herself and trying to cut the date short. She really didn't know what to do in this situation, she'd never been on a date, not once. To the best of her knowledge this was a good a way as any to end it. She sighed ever so slightly and again blew a hair from her face.

ooc;

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:08 pm
This world is cold
But you don't
You don't have to go
Hold on
User Image

Darcy chuckled at her joke happy she didn't see it as a mark on his manliness card or something like that. He frowned a bit seeing Jane rub her hands over her arms to attempt to warm herself and considered casting a warming charm over her and stilled. It was one thing to put a hand over hers in a spur of the moment thing but to deliberately cast magic? He wasn't sure if they were at that level of comfort with each other so instead he cast a warming charm over their small area of the table. He then gave a soft sigh when she tried to insinuate that she had to leave and was about to feel like a total failure when he saw that she was just as awkward as he was. This thought gave the young man a small boost in self confidence making him give her a sad grin and nod. "Then let me at least walk you back to your flat. I'd hate to think of you walking the streets of London all alone, not that you couldn't! I just meant..that for my piece of mind I'd rather know you made it safely." Darcy finished rather lamely.

Your days
And your nights
You can't sleep at all
Hold on

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:27 pm
User Image

User Image

Jane smiled, glad for the offer. "I would love that." She said placing her hands in front of her awkwardly. "But I have to ask to drop me off a little bit before my flat because well...my roommate might have a bit of a fit" She said, with a half smile. It was true though. Not only would Abigail be mad for Jane not informing her that she left but also that she was with a guy. She loved Abs to death but the American was very particular in the way she allowed things to be, though Jane wasn't one to talk because she was about a million and a half times worse. "She's a lovely girl, but she's American." That about summed up the whole situation, at least to Jane. "Okay so really that has nothing to do with it but still..." Jane laughed slightly. Then again Jane, even after living in America for years, didn't understand the people.

ooc;

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:29 am
User Image

User Image

Luke glared around as he exited the Leaky Cauldron. His side and face hurt, and he was walking with a bit of a limp. The heck? Was he officially a punching bag for whoever wanted to beat something up? Bloody hell, his parents didn't even believe him when he said that he was getting beaten either, which made it worse. They claimed he was antagonizing neighborhood kids and everything. Like he was that dumb. Okay, so he antagonized Drage, but who wouldn't? The kid was a stick in the mud with serious anger issues. He sighed. Well, he'd better find somewhere to patch himself up. His father thought it would toughen him up to let it heal the muggle way and refused to let his mum cure any of it. "Pokker. Hvorfor kan jeg ikke bare ha en normal sommer eller noe?."

User Image
State: In pain
OOC: Translation- Damn it. Why can't I just have a normal summer or something?

If you've a story, make sure it's a whole one, with details close to hand. It's the difference between a good lie and getting caught.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:57 am
User Image

ஒ Mudblood ஒ Orphan ஒ Single ஒ

But I know that, I was put here, to fight Vikings, in the cold war,
with my arms out, in the front lines, singing, “Dare me. Dare me.”

Steffi bounced the bag of coins she had just filched from some poor unsuspecting bloke. She could tell by the weight that it was a good amount, but still not enough for all the school supplies plus food and probably some new clothes for the boys. She sighed and shoved it in her pocket. She also wanted to do something nice for Jer to congratulate him on getting into Hogwarts as well. Buy him a pet or something... which meant she would need even more than she had already bargained for. She raised her one eye to search for a new target.... hopefully someone richer but not to rich. If she targeted someone to rich, they would notice her, and she preferred keeping her last eye. As she was searching her eye fell on Luke and he was.... limping. She narrowed her eye and slipped through the crowd towards him, nicking another bag of coins off of some woman as she moved. Being small had it's advantages. She stopped in front of him and raised an eyebrow. "You look like hell mate.... you gonna tell me why... or who I have to teach a lesson to?" As she spoke, she shoved the other coin bag into her pocket, acting like it was just another average day. She liked Luke. He was probably her best friend, but she never knew who would snitch on her and her habits.... The adopted life might have made her former orphan soft. She doubted it, but it was still possible.

I hope they hurt you. I hope they scar you. I hope they heal you.
You’ve got to weigh your
wars make sure you’re not fighting for nothing

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:24 am
User Image

User Image

Luke blinked as he saw Steffi move towards him through the crowd. He hadn't expected to run into her here. Suddenly he realized how he might appear to the girl, and straightened up a bit, trying to hide his discomfort. He'd had the whole lesson of being tough drilled into him since the age of five, so he hoped he could pull it off without being too moronic. When she asked him about, well, basically what happened, he blinked. "My... uncle happened. He's visiting for the summer, and well, he doesn't like 'mudbloods', as he put it. Ruddy hell, I don't even know what blood status my real parents were. How the bloody heck am I supposed to know what that makes me? It's bad enough that I didn't get accepted to Durmstrang, but come on. This?" He glared at someone that paused to stare at the boy, and Luke was just irritated enough to forget all his manners and gave the man a rude gesture. He wasn't a side show to be ogled, after all.

User Image
State: In pain
OOC: ...

If you've a story, make sure it's a whole one, with details close to hand. It's the difference between a good lie and getting caught.

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games