Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply DigiLine (Tamer Profile Forum)
Lief_7 :: Wing Guardians Rise! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 58 59 60 61 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which Season is Best?
  The OG of course! (1)
  DNAmazing (2)
  Tamers made it feel real! (3)
  Spirits FTW! (4)
  Digi Cops Go! (5)
  Xross can't be beat! (6)
  I love being on the Hunt! (7)
  I can tell the future! (Tri/8 )
View Results

Cuevas_506

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:07 pm
Hope the kind

Well, we export other things like Bananas, lumber, sugar, and other commodities, but we're one of the largest exporters of coffee because our climate and such allows us to grow it well. And it's the actual beans that we grow, and sell off to bigger companies so they can process and roast it and make grounds or other things out of it. Like coffee candy. heart But my girlfriend's father is thinking about investing to process and roast the coffee himself to make more.

If I can ask, do you happen to work or study anything in particular?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:18 pm
Cuevas_506
Hope the kind

Well, we export other things like Bananas, lumber, sugar, and other commodities, but we're one of the largest exporters of coffee because our climate and such allows us to grow it well. And it's the actual beans that we grow, and sell off to bigger companies so they can process and roast it and make grounds or other things out of it. Like coffee candy. heart But my girlfriend's father is thinking about investing to process and roast the coffee himself to make more.

If I can ask, do you happen to work or study anything in particular?

Mmmmm coffee candy is quite delicious~
I prefer it more than the drink (yes, that is a bit weird but I like it :3 )

Well, I volunteer my hours at a local shelter in order to give animals a second chance at a home. Right now, I'm studying to work in the field of animals so maybe I'd like to become a Vet or Vet Tech, or really anything that can help the animals.
What about yourself?  

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

ZarAburame

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:51 am
Hope the kind
ZarAburame
Hope the kind
ZarAburame
Hope the kind

Does EA fall under AAA?
So you wouldn't join Blizzard or Riot (I believe they are MMO companies but I could be wrong)

yes EA falls under AAA I would never join them. I would consider joining blizzard or riot but they are very high up the food chain and would be hard to get into.

Hmmmm I believe the best ways to get into Blizzard and Riot, or any companies up in the food chain would be to know someone who works in them. I've tend to hear that companies like to hire employees who know someone in the company than a complete outsider.

Yep that's about true in most of the computer science industry for most jobs. Luckily I have a really good professor so he has connections. Former students in: target, amazon, intel, mayo clinic to name a few lol. I look forward to actually working in the field.

Does that mean you are a programmer or perhaps an Engineer? Do you have any tips, if any, to those who would want to join the gaming industry?

I am in my final semester of college to be a computer scientist so effectively a programmer yeah. I've done a good bit of research about what it takes to join the gaming industry though. The biggest thing is getting your name out there and making connections. You practically need a linked-in account. More well known companies require experience so you may have to take a gamble with an indie studio or go to a less known one. Try to avoid the AAA developers. They have a high turn over rate because they don't really care much about their employees just sales.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:53 am
Hope the kind

I have to also agree, with a year of straight black coffee, the candy sort of makes up for the disinterest that grows with repetitively drinking it. It's just odd that it's good for a weird flavor of candy. And aww, Nicole, that's sweet, it'd be preferable to follow suit with an animal related job. It's easy to surmise that you probably love animals. Favorite kind of animal that you have? To answer your question, I am attempting to finish up an English Degree to teach in a public school whilst double majoring for a Automotive Engineering Degree. That way I can finish my AE Degree, and on the side, begin to accumulate money to finish up the house and buy a more comfortable car. 3nodding  

Cuevas_506

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:23 am
Cuevas_506
Hope the kind

I have to also agree, with a year of straight black coffee, the candy sort of makes up for the disinterest that grows with repetitively drinking it. It's just odd that it's good for a weird flavor of candy. And aww, Nicole, that's sweet, it'd be preferable to follow suit with an animal related job. It's easy to surmise that you probably love animals. Favorite kind of animal that you have? To answer your question, I am attempting to finish up an English Degree to teach in a public school whilst double majoring for a Automotive Engineering Degree. That way I can finish my AE Degree, and on the side, begin to accumulate money to finish up the house and buy a more comfortable car. 3nodding

Man when did Christian get so responsible? What happened to the spitfire who just wanted to fight people all day and claimed to be the son of Zeus? The one who followed Liger around like a puppy who likes to bark but doesn't have the bite to back it up.

Now he's well spoken and kind. It freaks me out a bit, buthen it's not a bad thing. You just grew up a lot in a few years is all. Haha  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:30 am
lief_7
Cuevas_506
Hope the kind

Man when did Christian get so responsible? What happened to the spitfire who just wanted to fight people all day and claimed to be the son of Zeus? The one who followed Liger around like a puppy who likes to bark but doesn't have the bite to back it up.

Now he's well spoken and kind. It freaks me out a bit, buthen it's not a bad thing. You just grew up a lot in a few years is all. Haha

Haha oh god I remember that. I think he even picked a fight with me which is not something people should do. I have no problem smacking people down lol. But it's to be expected he's grown up so much. I know I after a certain pointed had that too where I just suddenly realized "Oh I need to be an adult."

KiroMashima

I still need my story time about your antics.  

ZarAburame

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:59 am
ZarAburame
Hope the kind
ZarAburame
Hope the kind
ZarAburame
Hope the kind

Does EA fall under AAA?
So you wouldn't join Blizzard or Riot (I believe they are MMO companies but I could be wrong)

yes EA falls under AAA I would never join them. I would consider joining blizzard or riot but they are very high up the food chain and would be hard to get into.

Hmmmm I believe the best ways to get into Blizzard and Riot, or any companies up in the food chain would be to know someone who works in them. I've tend to hear that companies like to hire employees who know someone in the company than a complete outsider.

Yep that's about true in most of the computer science industry for most jobs. Luckily I have a really good professor so he has connections. Former students in: target, amazon, intel, mayo clinic to name a few lol. I look forward to actually working in the field.

Does that mean you are a programmer or perhaps an Engineer? Do you have any tips, if any, to those who would want to join the gaming industry?

I am in my final semester of college to be a computer scientist so effectively a programmer yeah. I've done a good bit of research about what it takes to join the gaming industry though. The biggest thing is getting your name out there and making connections. You practically need a linked-in account. More well known companies require experience so you may have to take a gamble with an indie studio or go to a less known one. Try to avoid the AAA developers. They have a high turn over rate because they don't really care much about their employees just sales.

Mmmmmm, I'll keep this in my. To be honest, my younger brother is the one who wants to join a gaming industry but he doesn't know much about it and neither do I. I'd like to help him but he has little confidence in himself. If EA is an AAA company then it might be better for him to look for something a bit smaller.
Do you know of any degrees, like computer science, that are accepted by gaming companies?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:04 am
Cuevas_506
Hope the kind

Even as a child I've found the coffee candy to be more to my liking. Perhaps its because it tastes sweeter than the regular coffee we have? Although, I don't consider the majority of coffee in Starbucks to be coffee. Though that is just me ^^'
I've loved animals since I was a small girl. It got so bad that I would walk to a random stranger and ask to pet their animals. My parents were always worried that someone would kidnap me. As far as favorite animal goes....I don't have one because every animal is wonderful in their own way.
English and an AE Degree, such different fields. Though, each bring their own troubles in work/study load, I'm sure it will pay off. Most of us tend to believe that a degree will help us recieve better funds.  

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

ZarAburame

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:09 am
Hope the kind
ZarAburame
Hope the kind
ZarAburame
Hope the kind

Mmmmmm, I'll keep this in my. To be honest, my younger brother is the one who wants to join a gaming industry but he doesn't know much about it and neither do I. I'd like to help him but he has little confidence in himself. If EA is an AAA company then it might be better for him to look for something a bit smaller.
Do you know of any degrees, like computer science, that are accepted by gaming companies?

Yes he should go to a smaller company if he intends to be serious about the field unless he wants to be burnt out within 3 to 5 years. Truth is something I've noticed about many people when they are younger is when they want to go into video games they want to be the idea person and that doesn't exist. You all pitch ideas and discuss things, you need a secondary job.
Graphic design: pretty much make the graphical are people see
Concept artists: Draw up levels or characters or whatever with many slight variations on the same thing to give choices and ideas. Both of these things you need a good portfolio and some art degree is good

Programmer: Computer science degree is hands down the best thing for this field. You're going to make the internals of the game how it works and such. It's a lot of math and problem solving so that needs to be kept in mind.

Those are the ones I know about most but like every business there are tons of positions. Tell him to go look at a companies hiring website to see what jobs they have and what they require for them and what the details are.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:20 am
ZarAburame

Alright I'm assuming that he means the story on how I was captain for a week. So there is this function that vc can use called change ownership. They can only use it when the current captain has not logged on for 60-90 days. I sometimes like to joke around and see if it works. Every time I used it it told me that i can not. So I assumed that it was a fake function or something.

Anyways so I was on vacation in India for the middle of December through January. During the time I was the only active VC while the other VC was D (You remember dstdnt). See when I was on vacation I had a lot of free time at night (which was the morning in the US) and I had a moderate connection to the internet so I used it to try and be as active as I could. What surprised me though was that during my vacation, D just went missing or something while he had a bunch of contests and stuff running. It already angered me that he was making a Halloween contest in December but what he just did was something he had been doing from time to time. Usually it was the other mods and I who had to clean up the mess. So one night I was talking to Alex (you might remember Levelnight) and Fudgie (UnHolyFudge) and my nerve got sparked when I think the conversation came up with we had a huge mess to deal with or something. So that night I decided to just try it again. This time it says put in your password for confirmation. I was like wait what? So I did and BAM I was captain of the Guild. I litterally freaked out and started to laugh. I told the other mods to not say a word to anyone and they all went "lol wtf man". First thing I did was demote D and promote Lief and Kaox as I thought they really deserved the spots more.

24 Hours after this happened D gets back from his hiatus and trys to act all innocent in this and is disappointed he lost his spot. (To be fair I would be too but to be in the roll of a VC you need to kinda do something ya know?) I didn't say anything to him about why he was demoted cause he never asked. ANYWAYSSS

A week later after this whole fiasco and I'm back in the states, I get a PM. I opened it and it was from GW. To summarize what he said was. "Hey man I'm back for good and settled down in my new home. I come back to Gaia and see I lost my spot may I have it back?" I started to laugh so hard. Of course this would happen! Obviously I gave it back because I didn't really care for the spot as its pretty much the same as VC anyways. He was a chill with it since he assumed it was for progression of the guild etc etc. He said he couldn't wait to get back to the guild and stuff. This conversation was around the 2nd week of January. I'm honestly kinda half tempted to do it again to see if he will message me again.

Anyways, I think that's the gist of the story XD I was one of those things you just had to be there for to find it hilarious.  

KiroMishima
Crew

ZarAburame

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:29 am
KiroMishima
ZarAburame

Alright I'm assuming that he means the story on how I was captain for a week. So there is this function that vc can use called change ownership. They can only use it when the current captain has not logged on for 60-90 days. I sometimes like to joke around and see if it works. Every time I used it it told me that i can not. So I assumed that it was a fake function or something.

Anyways so I was on vacation in India for the middle of December through January. During the time I was the only active VC while the other VC was D (You remember dstdnt). See when I was on vacation I had a lot of free time at night (which was the morning in the US) and I had a moderate connection to the internet so I used it to try and be as active as I could. What surprised me though was that during my vacation, D just went missing or something while he had a bunch of contests and stuff running. It already angered me that he was making a Halloween contest in December but what he just did was something he had been doing from time to time. Usually it was the other mods and I who had to clean up the mess. So one night I was talking to Alex (you might remember Levelnight) and Fudgie (UnHolyFudge) and my nerve got sparked when I think the conversation came up with we had a huge mess to deal with or something. So that night I decided to just try it again. This time it says put in your password for confirmation. I was like wait what? So I did and BAM I was captain of the Guild. I litterally freaked out and started to laugh. I told the other mods to not say a word to anyone and they all went "lol wtf man". First thing I did was demote D and promote Lief and Kaox as I thought they really deserved the spots more.

24 Hours after this happened D gets back from his hiatus and trys to act all innocent in this and is disappointed he lost his spot. (To be fair I would be too but to be in the roll of a VC you need to kinda do something ya know?) I didn't say anything to him about why he was demoted cause he never asked. ANYWAYSSS

A week later after this whole fiasco and I'm back in the states, I get a PM. I opened it and it was from GW. To summarize what he said was. "Hey man I'm back for good and settled down in my new home. I come back to Gaia and see I lost my spot may I have it back?" I started to laugh so hard. Of course this would happen! Obviously I gave it back because I didn't really care for the spot as its pretty much the same as VC anyways. He was a chill with it since he assumed it was for progression of the guild etc etc. He said he couldn't wait to get back to the guild and stuff. This conversation was around the 2nd week of January. I'm honestly kinda half tempted to do it again to see if he will message me again.

Anyways, I think that's the gist of the story XD I was one of those things you just had to be there for to find it hilarious.

Yes of course I remember D and wow you are still the same trouble maker you were back when you joined. Now you're just a professional trouble maker haha. Sounds like a good time though and I am happy to hear grandwing still checks in every now and then. I actually didn't think he did really any more.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:34 am
ZarAburame
KiroMishima
ZarAburame

Yes of course I remember D and wow you are still the same trouble maker you were back when you joined. Now you're just a professional trouble maker haha. Sounds like a good time though and I am happy to hear grandwing still checks in every now and then. I actually didn't think he did really any more.

"you are still the same trouble maker you were back when you joined. Now you're just a professional trouble maker"

This is the best thing I heard someone call me in a long time XD I LOVE IT!

Still wish I heard from him more often. He still has some pretty cool leadership skills I would like to learn.  

KiroMishima
Crew

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:35 am
ZarAburame
Hope the kind
ZarAburame
Hope the kind
ZarAburame
Hope the kind

Yes he should go to a smaller company if he intends to be serious about the field unless he wants to be burnt out within 3 to 5 years. Truth is something I've noticed about many people when they are younger is when they want to go into video games they want to be the idea person and that doesn't exist. You all pitch ideas and discuss things, you need a secondary job.
Graphic design: pretty much make the graphical are people see
Concept artists: Draw up levels or characters or whatever with many slight variations on the same thing to give choices and ideas. Both of these things you need a good portfolio and some art degree is good

Programmer: Computer science degree is hands down the best thing for this field. You're going to make the internals of the game how it works and such. It's a lot of math and problem solving so that needs to be kept in mind.

Those are the ones I know about most but like every business there are tons of positions. Tell him to go look at a companies hiring website to see what jobs they have and what they require for them and what the details are.

So, working in the gaming industry shouldn't be your only job?
Also, besides working on the game itself I'm sure he would also find joy in test running the game to see how it plays out and such. Though, I'm unsure if that actually requires any sort of degree or not.
Thank you so much for the advice ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:39 am
Hope the kind

Also, besides working on the game itself I'm sure he would also find joy in test running the game to see how it plays out and such. Though, I'm unsure if that actually requires any sort of degree or not.

I'm saying that you never just get to be the idea man of the game industry. You have multiple responsibilities. You work as what you are hired for but you work in teams, pitch ideas, talk about things. It's not quite as simple as many kids think.

That is a thing and no it doesn't require a degree from what I know. Other than that i don't know the specifics but companies do pay game testers to look for bugs and other such things.  

ZarAburame

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:46 am
ZarAburame
Hope the kind

I'm saying that you never just get to be the idea man of the game industry. You have multiple responsibilities. You work as what you are hired for but you work in teams, pitch ideas, talk about things. It's not quite as simple as many kids think.

That is a thing and no it doesn't require a degree from what I know. Other than that i don't know the specifics but companies do pay game testers to look for bugs and other such things.

Then is it possible to start off as a video game tester and work your way up? Especially if your working on a computer engineering degree?  
DigiLine (Tamer Profile Forum)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 58 59 60 61 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games