Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply Threadfall
[IC]Threadfall: High Reaches - OVER! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 136 137 138 139 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Hattaki rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:36 pm
HURRICANE WING
D'ast of Brown Zetigeth
HP: 28 - 2 = 26
Status Effect: --
XP: (+5 to distribute out)
Target Accuracy: 6
Flame Length: 6
General Stamina: 6
General Agility: 8
Between Accuracy: 6
Pain Resilience: 9
Instinct: 7
Luck: 6

Round 1:
Day 1:
Roll 1: +2 Pain Resilience(I'm an idiot!)
Roll 2: -6 HP
Roll 3: -4 HP
Roll 4: Critical Fail -12 HP
Roll 5: Healers Roll: +12, can fly next round

Day 2:
Roll 1: -6 HP
Roll 2: Nothing
Roll 3: Nothing
Roll 4: + 1 Flame Length + Saving roll for thread damage Used for Ashlyn & Gyafrith
Roll 5: +1 Flame Length + Saving roll for thread damage Used for Ashlyn & Gyafrith

Round 2:
Day 1:
Roll 1: Tongue Bitten!
Roll 2: +1 Agility Negated by Tongue Bitten
Roll 3: +1 Target Accuracy Negated by Tongue Bitten
Roll 4: + 1 Target Accuracy Negated by Tongue Bitten
Roll 5: -2 HP + 1 Pain Resistance

Finally past the pain of his bitten tongue, finally ready to able focus and chew firestone with some accuracy, Zetigeth whirled up from saving his wingmate and shot a large flame at a clump. However things turned sour when he realized that it was blowing right onto him! Throwing his head up to cover his rider, the ash blew straight into the little brown's face and scorched at his skin, leaving him shaking his head back and forth with a bugle of irritation.

"It's okay bud, it's just a little sting. Let's get back in there and keep fighting!" D'ast yelled, patting the brown's shoulder as way of thanks for saving him from the ash as well.

YES! We'll keep fighting until this is over! Zetigeth roared and faced down another sheet of Thread.  
Dea and #Teddy# rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:49 am
HURRICANE WING
Ashlyn of Blue Gyafrith
HP: (26) - 5= 21- 4= 17- 3= 14 +10= 24
Status Effect: back to N/A
XP: (base= +6 to all stats) (+5 to distribute where I wish)
Target Accuracy: 7
Flame Length: 7 (+2 to be applied after game)
General Agility: 7
Between Accuracy: 7 (+1 to be applied after game)
Pain Resilience: 6

Ashlyn and Gyafrith will be flying first wave

Ashlyn and Gyafrith listened to the Weyrleader's rousing words for all of them. It sent a second wind through both of them, making them decide that they could handle this. Since it was a new hour, she blinked down to the middle altitude with the rest of her wing.

Alright, let's see what we can do down here. Not as much here, but we are going to have to still be on the look out,Ashlyn thought to her dragon.

Right, Mine. Let's start with that Thread right there,Gyafrith suggested. Ashlyn threw him some firestone, which he began to chew. Then he got to work flaming some of the thread that was in their path. However, it didn't escape his notice that the wind was sending the rest in their direction. Since they didn't want to be hit with it, he betweened as quickly as he could. When they reappeared, they were above it, but couldn't destroy the rest of it.

Hopefully those in the low altitude will be able to get it,Ashlyn thought in worry. However, they had more work to do, so no time to dwell on it.

Round 2, Part 1 (Mid Alt)
+10HP from Weyrleader speech
1) 2. As you're flaming down some Thread, a gust of wind suddenly pushes the remaining cloud back at you and your dragon. You've no choice but to blink Between to avoid it, and appear higher up, missing the clump. The rest of the thread falls down towards the lower altitude. [+1 Between Accuracy]

Round 2, Part 2 (for tomorrow)

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Dea and #Teddy# generated a random number between 1 and 15 ... 12!

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 1:14 am
ASHLINGS WING
Demanthra of Green Monath
HP: (14) -2= 12 +2/10= 14
Status Effect: N/A for now
XP: (base= +1 to all stats) (+5 to distribute where I wish)
Target Accuracy: 2 (+1 to be applied after game)
Flame Length: 1 (+1 Flame Length, to be applied after game)
General Stamina: 3 (+1 to be applied after the game)
General Agility: 2
Between Accuracy: 2
Pain Resilience: 1
Instinct: 1
Luck: 1 (+1 to be applied after game)

Demanthra and Monath will be flying first wave

Demanthra listened to the speech coming from the Weyrleader pair, it was quite good to hear. Especially when she had been sure she had seen a gold come up to catch a calling green. She knew the green too and it brought fear to her heart.

They will be fine, Mine, your mother and her green are strong. As soon as we are done, we will go see them, I promise,Monath assured her rider.

Thanks, my dear heart. How are you feeling?she asked.

We have been up here for awhile, but I feel good. We are where we are meant to be. We will not let anything get us down,she trumpeted. She sent love and comfort to her rider, knowing she hurt for her mother, but knowing she needed her for this.

Round 2, Part 1 (Weyrling Wing)
+10 for Weyrleader speech (only needed 2 to get back up to 14, minus three was nullified by Weyrlingmaster)
1) 12. You've been fighting for some time now, but your dragon seems to be feeling fine. This is what they were meant to be doing -- flying, and taking down The Enemy! Tired, who's tired? Certainly not them! +1 General Stamina

Dea and #Teddy# rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 1:32 am
BURNING ACES
Ash'il of Bronze Iptoneth
HP: (42)- 3= 39 +3/10= 42
Status Effect: Tongue Bitten (No XP next two rolls)
XP: (Base= +6 to all stats) (+5 to distribute where I want)
General Stamina: 9
Instinct: 6
Luck: 6 (+1 to be added after game)

Ash'il also noticed a gold coming to get one of the dragons from one of the higher altitudes. It wasn't hard for him to see that it was his mother and Tarmath. He could only hope the pair would be alright, it didn't look good from his vantage point. As soon as he got up to high altitude, which is where Burning Aces would be headed now, he would have Iptoneth pass the information to his twin sister and father. He figured Demanthra had seen already, since the gold had to come up past the Weyrlings. The other two were high up, so probably hadn't seen in all that thread.

Don't worry, Mine, I trust the golds to get her down safely. And I will pass the information up to our family,Iptoneth assured, sending a soothing feeling over his own rider. They listened to their Weyrleader, which sent some confidence through them, before they blinked up to the high altitude.

Alright, here we go,Ash'il thought, taking a calm breath.

Gyafrith, brother and Zetigeth..mine has information to pass on. While we were down in the low altitude..we saw a gold go to catch a green. I am sure both of you have a good idea which green,Iptoneth thought to both dragons, knowing their Wing was below them. Then he requested some firestone from his rider, wanting to get started on the business at hand.

Firestone, coming up,Ash'il assured, reaching into the bag. He pulled a few pieces out and tossed them to his bronze. He winced when he felt pain lace through their connection.

Oww. That hurt, remind me next time to not chew so quickly,the bronze quipped, his tongue was definitely hurting.

Round 2, Part 1 (High Alt)
+10 from Weyrleader speech (only need three of it to get back up to 42)
1) 20. Your dragon asks for a few more pieces of firestone to chew. Unfortunately, they wind up chomping down on their tongue instead of their stone! This is going to distract your dragon for the next two rolls. [Tongue Bitten Effect! Your dragon is distracted by pain. No XP will be earned for the next 2 rolls. Any successes will be nullified. Should you roll a prompt with the possibility of damage, take the max damage allotted for your size/color automatically but it will also end the Tongue Bitten Effect immediately.]

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Dea and #Teddy# rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:08 am
HURRICANE WING
Ashlyn of Blue Gyafrith
HP: (26) - 5= 21- 4= 17- 3= 14 +10= 24
Between Accuracy: 7 (+3 to be applied after game)

Ashlyn and Gyafrith were continuing their fight against the thread, when the blue heard Iptoneth. His brother had said a green they knew, though which one, that was the question.

Brother, there are two greens in our family, care to tell us which one?he thought up to the bronze. Feeling the worry from his rider for her mother or sister, he sent affection and love her way. He promised to tell her who as soon as his brother got back to him. For now, they had work to do, he reminded. So he hopped between, hoping to get to a place that was clearer.

Shoot, incoming Thread, dear heart. Go back into between,she instructed, trying to stay as calm as she could. She couldn't let things rattle her, not when thread was all around them. She held on as Gyafrith went between again, hoping they could come out in a better spot. When they came back, they were in prime position to attack the clump. Her blue got right to work, flaming half of it, before blinking out of the way again. As they did, they were safe.

We did well, Mine. Thank you for noticing in time,he complimented.

1) 2. As you're flaming down some Thread, a gust of wind suddenly pushes the remaining cloud back at you and your dragon. You've no choice but to blink Between to avoid it, and appear higher up, missing the clump. The rest of the thread falls down towards the lower altitude. [+1 Between Accuracy]

2) 20. You appear from Between and find the space you were hoping would be clear now has a large sheet of Thread being guested towards it. You've only a moment to decide where to go, and both you and your dragon pick a spot and hop Between in an attempt to avoid Thread. Roll a D4 and take whatever damage or XP you're given!
4- You not only manage to blink out of danger, but you blink back again, flame half of the clump, and blink away again only to appear a safe distance away. It's an impressive display of thread fighting power! Good job! Word will be going around the lower caverns tonight! +2 Extra Between Accuracy

Dea and #Teddy# rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:11 am
A d4 roll for Ashlyn and Gyafrith above.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Dea and #Teddy# generated a random number between 1 and 15 ... 13!

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:33 am
ASHLINGS WING
General Agility: 2
Luck: 1 (+2 to be applied after game)

Despite Demanthra's worries, Monath was determined that she would do everything to protect her beloved rider. Between the flu, their own blooding not too long ago, and seeing her mother going down..the green knew her rider had enough on her plate. She was feeling lucky right about now as she sent flames at any thread that got in their path. They were going to make it out of this, then go visit the older green rider.

You are doing beautifully, my shining Moon,Demanthra spoke, feeding some firestone to her green as they continued their work.

We are doing well, Mine. I could never do this without you,Monath reminded, hitting her rider with a wave of love.

+10 for Weyrleader speech (only needed 2 to get back up to 14, minus three was nullified by Weyrlingmaster)
1) 12. You've been fighting for some time now, but your dragon seems to be feeling fine. This is what they were meant to be doing -- flying, and taking down The Enemy! Tired, who's tired? Certainly not them! +1 General Stamina

2) 13. Are you feeling lucky? Well you should! Free reply! Respond to this post with any action pertaining to Threadfall, and gain a little luck. [+1 Luck]

Dea and #Teddy# rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:47 am
BURNING ACES
HP: (42)- 3= 39 +3/10= 42
Status Effect: Tongue Bitten 1/2 (No XP next two rolls)

Iptoneth was trying to ignore the pain in his tongue, but it was making it very hard. He did manage to hear his brother's inquiry, oh, he should have thought of that, huh?

Tarmath, brother. Sorry, should have been more specific,he apologized.

Iptoneth, when you are done making up for your own goof, we need to focus. Thread is getting worse here and I have a bad feeling,Ash'il thought to his bronze. He knew the pain in his partner's tongue was bothering him, so he would have to focus for both of them. He noticed a patch of thread near one of his wingmates.

"Don't flame it yet,"he called to them. He was relieved to see them listen, just in the nick of time. The wind changed and he knew if they had gone to hit it, they would have ended up in that thread. He watched with some satisfaction as their teammate managed to flame it much easier now.

1) 20. Your dragon asks for a few more pieces of firestone to chew. Unfortunately, they wind up chomping down on their tongue instead of their stone! This is going to distract your dragon for the next two rolls. [Tongue Bitten Effect! Your dragon is distracted by pain. No XP will be earned for the next 2 rolls. Any successes will be nullified. Should you roll a prompt with the possibility of damage, take the max damage allotted for your size/color automatically but it will also end the Tongue Bitten Effect immediately.]

2) 17. As you fly, you find that you're getting into a heavier patch of Thread ahead. You've got a bad feeling about this.... You warn one of your wingmates to let a patch go! Thankfully, they listen, and sure enough, the wind changes! It would have blown the pair right into the patch. As it stands, the wind blows the Thread back, and your wingmate are able to flame it down without injury. [+2 Instinct] Negated by tongue bite

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Dea and #Teddy# rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 3:42 am
HURRICANE WING
Ashlyn of Blue Gyafrith
HP: (26) - 5= 21- 4= 17- 3= 14 +10= 24- 5= 19
Between Accuracy: 7 (+3 to be applied after game)
Pain Resilience: 6 (+2 to be applied after game)

Thank you, brother. Ashlyn, it was your mother,he replied to Iptoneth, then thought to his rider. He made sure to send Zetigeth the fuller information too, so the brown would know. He felt his rider's sadness, but he mentally nuzzled her. He reminded her that she was in the best care and he was sure she was alright. Also, told her they could visit when their shift was done, before going to work with the Weyrlings. That seemed to help, since both of them knew they had a job still to do.

For Mama and Tarmath then,Ashlyn rallied. She felt her dragon roar in agreement, taking out their emotions on the Thread nearest them. They managed to turn it into ash. Unfortunately, the wind blew them right into the fresh ash and a cry of pain escaped from both of them.

That was not fun, but at least the thread was dead,Gyafrith growled, feeling Ashlyn's pain too..but it could have been a lot worse.

2) 20. You appear from Between and find the space you were hoping would be clear now has a large sheet of Thread being guested towards it. You've only a moment to decide where to go, and both you and your dragon pick a spot and hop Between in an attempt to avoid Thread. Roll a D4 and take whatever damage or XP you're given!
4- You not only manage to blink out of danger, but you blink back again, flame half of the clump, and blink away again only to appear a safe distance away. It's an impressive display of thread fighting power! Good job! Word will be going around the lower caverns tonight! +2 Extra Between Accuracy

3) 3. Flaming down Thread, you find yourself getting blown right into the cloud of ash! It stings and burns, but you're pretty sure no Thread was alive in the cloud. [If a green, or blue take Moderate Damage -5HP but gain +2 Pain Resistance.]

Dea and #Teddy# generated a random number between 1 and 15 ... 8!
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 4:08 am
ASHLINGS WING
General Agility: 2 (+2 to be applied after game)
Luck: 1 (+2 to be applied after game)

Demanthra and Monath were determined to get done, so they could go visit and put their minds at ease. They just had to finish their shift, then they could go do that. Together, they would do this, they knew their teacher was watching and they didn't want to disappoint.

Hey, look..some more Thread. Time for us to get rid of it, before it hurts anyone,Monath thought. She dove in the direction of it, sending a flame in its direction.

Uh no, the wind is pushing it our way!Demanthra warned. Thankfully, it was enough of a warning as she felt Monath weave and manage to avoid it. Rider and dragon both managed to let out a breath of relief.

2) 13. Are you feeling lucky? Well you should! Free reply! Respond to this post with any action pertaining to Threadfall, and gain a little luck. [+1 Luck]

3) 8. There's a patch of Thread that has your name on it. You dive towards it, and aim to flame it down. Unfortunately, your dragon and you weren't paying any mind to the direction the wind was blowing! If white, green, or blue, you are successfully able to weave out of the way. +2 General Agility If this is your third time or more rolling this as a white, green, or blue, you run out of luck and fly right into the ash cloud and remaining Thread. Moderate Damage: -7 HP If brown, bronze, or gold you're not able to get out of the way. Not only do you hit the remains of Thread, but the burning ash, and char. Ouch! Moderate Damage: -7 HP First time rolled, so no damage

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Meepfur generated a random number between 1 and 15 ... 14!

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 4:27 am
Ashlings Wing
Nadry of Brown Menankith
HP: 17-3=14/22
Status Effect: N/A
XP: (+1 base; +5 to distribute)
Target Accuracy: 1
Flame Length: 1
General Stamina: 2
General Agility: 1
Between Accuracy: 1
Pain Resilience: 4
Instinct: 2
Luck: 1

Not long after they were restocked on firestone and back in formation, Menankith was forced to twist away from a tangle of thread, and in the process...pulled his wing. Great.

Quote:
XP Tracking:
+1 Instinct
+2 Between Accuracy
+1 Instinct
+1 Target Accuracy
+1 Between Accuracy

Dea and #Teddy# rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 4:28 am
BURNING ACES
HP: (42)- 3= 39 +3/10= 42- 8= 34
Status Effect: Tongue Bitten 2/2 (No XP) (gone next roll)

Ash'il and Iptoneth could feel the wind picking up, trying to knock them out of formation. Thankfully, the bronze had the size to handle the wind without any problem. Just as they were thinking they were in the clear, Ash'il saw some Thread, right before feeling his dragon's pain.

Well, I will have some new scars on my side and haunches,Iptoneth joked through the pain. It hurt, but they could keep going, he wasn't ready to throw in the towel.

2) 17. As you fly, you find that you're getting into a heavier patch of Thread ahead. You've got a bad feeling about this.... You warn one of your wingmates to let a patch go! Thankfully, they listen, and sure enough, the wind changes! It would have blown the pair right into the patch. As it stands, the wind blows the Thread back, and your wingmate are able to flame it down without injury. [+2 Instinct] Negated by tongue bite

3) 6. As you're flying, the wind picks up again, trying to knock you out of formation

-If 36'-46', you're able to fight the wind with relative ease. Unfortunately, the nearby Threadfall gets blown into your side and haunches -- and you were too big to move out of the way. Ouch! Moderate Damage -8 HP

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Meepfur generated a random number between 1 and 15 ... 9!

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 4:31 am
Ashlings Wing
Nadry of Brown Menankith
HP: 14/22

Another tangle of Thread! With his wing still aching from when he'd banked too sharply to avoid the last clump, he flashed between instead.

Quote:
XP Tracking:
+1 Instinct
+2 Between Accuracy
+1 Instinct
+1 Target Accuracy
+1 Between Accuracy
+1 Between Accuracy

Meepfur generated a random number between 1 and 15 ... 13!
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 4:34 am
Ashlings Wing
Nadry of Brown Menankith

They popped back out three breaths later, just in time to spot and flame down a sheet of Thread. Now that was more like it, and far more satisfying than just avoiding the stuff!

Quote:
XP Tracking:
+1 Instinct
+2 Between Accuracy
+1 Instinct
+1 Target Accuracy
+1 Between Accuracy
+1 Between Accuracy
+1 Luck

Meepfur
Crew

Meepfur generated a random number between 1 and 15 ... 9!

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 4:37 am
Ashlings Wing
Nadry of Brown Menankith

But then another clump blew their way, and without time to flame it properly, they jumped back into the darkness for three breaths and then out again, successfully avoiding harm.

Quote:
XP Tracking:
+1 Instinct
+2 Between Accuracy
+1 Instinct
+1 Target Accuracy
+1 Between Accuracy
+1 Between Accuracy
+1 Luck
+1 Between Accuracy

Threadfall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 136 137 138 139 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games