Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms
The Hogwarts Express Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 93 94 95 96 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:10 pm
User Image

Amanda spotted Eretria as she walked over to her after emerging from the barrier. "I'm so ready. You?" she asked, but as soon as her last word came out of her mouth, the students were all called for boarding. Alright, let's do this, she thought as she nudged her way through the crowd to get onto the Hogwarts Express. She wanted a compartment all to herself and her friend, so she had to make sure she got one. Amanda knew they would get one to themselves, however. First of all, they were seventh year Slytherins and could just scare any first years away. Second, they hurried onto the train to find some. After getting into the transportation machine, the girls occupied a compartment. Amanda let Eretria get in before she closed the door.

((OOC: outfit in picture))

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:27 pm
User Image
User Image

((OOC: sorry for the late reply))

User Image

Ariana smiled when Victor told her that her hair seemed more voluminous and brighter. "Thank you," she said happily. Guess I didn't mess up after all, she thought, letting her hair hang as she dropped her hand by her side. The students were called to board the Hogwarts Express, so the redhead grabbed her luggage and headed towards the train with the group of three other Hufflepuff students. "Yep. My last year ever begins," she said quietly, realizing that this really was her last year at Hogwarts. After all, she was going to be an adult soon. As they walked towards the large vehicle, Ariana glanced back at Victor's pink hair, then over at his cousin Claire. The girl looked almost diabolical, but sweet and genuine at the same time. However, no one who pulled mean pranks could be sweet, right? Ariana climbed up the steps of the Hogwarts Express while Victor trailed behind her, busy with his cat. The prefect waited to answer his next question once they found a compartment to sit in. "Oh, no. Second years and up take carriages to the castle, and we have to be at the feast by the time first years show up," she explained as she got comfortable in her seat next to the window. Oh, how she loved the window seat.

User Image

Squeeky Luff

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:40 pm
User ImageUser Image
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 12
Year at Hogwarts: 2nd year
Height: 5'3"

➳ ➳ ➳

[Wearing:2nd year Platform Clothes]

➳ ➳ ➳

I wonder what roast barn owl tastes like...

➳ ➳ ➳

In the end Ronna had only seen David and his family and Victor who were preoccupied with other people so she got on the train alone slinging her bag over one shoulder. She hadn't seen anyone really from her class but when she saw what she guessed to being a first year sitting alone in a cabin right near the door leaving obvious room for other people, Ronna smiled and slid in.

She sat down and said, "Hi, I'm Veronica Kiss but you can call me Ronna. I'm in Gryffindor. Couldn't find anyone else to sit with yet? Don't worry I must have missed my friends on the platform too."

She tucked her frizzy blonde braids behind her ears showing off her batman hoop earrings and said, "Anyways, who are you? If you have any questions feel free to ask me. I had some upperclassmen who helped me along the train ride last year too. I was completely lost... it's actually kind of embarrassing."

User Image

{ }
kiska166

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:42 pm
User Image
Unsorted 🌱 First Year

How she had gotten her stuff onto the train, Catharine wasn't sure. Okay, that was a lie. She knew how she had gotten her stuff on board. She had gone into a panic when the shout went out and had been sure that she'd be left behind. That was until a Kindly Gentleman had given her aid. Magicking her stuff into a cabin and then giving her advice for the future. Which basically bubbled down to, 'don't worry too much about your trunks when you get there'.

Whatever that meant, she thought settling into empty cabin. Tucked up against the window, she watched as others rushed to board the train. Others were leaning out the windows getting orders from their parents or guardians, cry out last minute 'love you's' and 'see you for the holiday'. It made her miss her mum, for some reason she wouldn't get near enough to anything magical. Some part of Cat feared that her mother would pull away from her too, but knew her mother loved her. She just hated or maybe feared was a better word, the Wizarding world. Turn away from the window, she peered down the cushion at Sir Luckless in his cage. The tiny Twany owl, peered back at her, probably wondering why she had taken her feet off. Or maybe why she was sticking her stinky feet up against his cage.

He hooted.

"Yeah, well, you have to deal with them for long. We'll have others in here soon enough. Then I'll have to put my feet down," she replied to what she guessed he had said. Wouldn't it be neat to know what an animal was saying. She leaned back at the side of the train and pushed her black short locks from her face. She hoped her future company was nice. She had to have to suffer through her first journey to Hogwarts. Wouldn't not be a good start to the next 7 years of her life.
[{o.o.C }]

[quote""]

StudiousDemoness

Intellectual Shapeshifter

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Wall Street 200

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:46 pm
User Image

User Image
"The violin plays a soft melody,
as my mind starts to feel ease.
Let the music wash over my soul,
make my mind pure and whole.
Let me be renewed."

Victor just sighed as Sherbert meowed at him and let the cat perch on his shoulder, well hang on his shoulder really.
He had made sure that Sherbert was clean and his clothes would not be affected by his tiny claws so he was good.

"Last year?" Victor questioned, "Ah...You're such a great prefect though~"

He was being honest too.

As Victor walked onto the train he just sighed in happiness, glad to be back on the way to Hogwarts.
The house he had stayed at was empty the majority of the time...and slightly un-nerving as well.

"Carriages? That seems very quaint." He replied as he sat in the seat opposite Ariana, he just smiled, "I'm glad to be going back though...I missed it."
Victor then looked down, "Is it bad to think of it as a second home?" He then paused, "Hogwarts I mean."

I feel content, you know?
My inner thoughts are, "It really does feel nice to be going back."
I'm in the house of Hufflepuff.
I am a proud second year
My puppeteer says "..." Out of character.

kiska166

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:30 pm
User Image

User Image

Penny made her way through the train going towards the back looking for an empty compartment. Passing lots of first years that were either so excited they were practically jumping and others so nervous they were wringing their robes. The first train ride was always the most memorable, as many first tend to be.

She thought back on her first ride, she'd been silent around all the noise, not much difference to her now, though there was a difference, she was looking for some particular but she'd yet to see the freckled face she wanted. Thinking she'd beat him on the train she just took a seat in the first empty place she found.

Pulling out River out and placed her on the seat with a cracker, which the little rodent got right to nibbling on. River was the gift penny got for her first year and now that she was turning 6, penny was sure to give her treats often as it could be her last year and she didn't want to let her go unhappy. "Eat up girl, you need to stay plump." She added with a smile, Penny truly loved her pet.

User Image
User Image

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:37 pm
User Image

I'll be your soldier, fighting every second of the day for your dreams.
So don't stress, don't
cry, we don't need no wings to fly.

Cameron sighed when the students were called to board the Hogwarts Express. He had yet to find Elli, but this seemed to happen every year. The prefect climbed up the steps of the train, alone. Oh well, she'll find me, he thought, remembering how that was exactly what happened during previous years. As long as his girlfriend didn't show up severely late, they would be reunited sometime today.

As long as you love me, we could be starving,
we could be
homeless, we could be broke. As long as you love me.

((OOC: outfit in right picture))

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:40 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image

Dhyl climbed aboard the train, then carefully set his sister on her feet. "Wake wide, little child. Nid ydych am i gysgu y diwrnod cwrdd i ffwrdd, ni fyddwch yn cysgu heno." The soft Welsh came rolling off his tongue, making the younger girl blink sleepily.

"Byddaf, byddaf, hwb i ffwrdd!" Minn said, a yawn cutting her off. She stood as tall as she could, and, since the boy was still squat a bit from setting her down, was able to kiss his cheek. "Imma gonna find some friends to sit with. You do the same, 'kay? Go find Heathie or Remy or Ada-laid or... or... Eunny or Ari, okay? I'll see you after dinnertime!" She hugged him around the waist, then walked off down the train.

Dhyl smiled at the kiss, then the hug, and giggled at her list. "You forgot a few, but regardless, you go have fun with your friends. I'll see you later, Mousie. Be safe. Fy modd i chi, ychydig Llygoden." He gently kissed her forehead, then watched with a grin as she waddled away. She looked positively tiny in his jacket, since it was a bit too big for him, and he was a lot taller than she. As she suggested, the almost-adult went off to find a friend to sit with, or perhaps a nice nook to read his newest history book.

Minn looked around the train, but realized she wasn't sure where any of her friends were sitting. She eventually just plopped in an empty compartment, already bored out of her mind. There wasn't much a thirteen year old could do to keep themselves occupied while on board a train on a long trip. Maybe one of her friends would find her? Minn hoped that were the case, but for now she just curled up in her brother's jacket and sighed.

{OoC:}
{Translations:
Dhyl: "You do not want to sleep the day away, you won't sleep tonight."
Minn: "I will, I will, nudge off!"
Dhyl: "I love you, little Mouse."}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:53 pm
User Image
User Image

Alexandria looked up when the door slid open and a blonde girl stepped inside the compartment. The girl spoke quickly which didn't leave Alexandria much time to get a word in. Mum was a Gryffindor, she thought, making a connection between this Veronica Kiss girl and her own mother. "It's my first year, so I don't really have any mates yet," she said, emphasizing on the word "yet." It was only the first day. They weren't even at school yet, so the girl imagined she would make some very soon. Maybe Veronica would even be her first. "I'm Alex," she said simply, not giving out her last name. It was just easier to answer with one word rather than saying her full name which was quite a mouthful. Her first name alone had four syllables. The eleven year old chuckled lightly when Ronna admitted to getting lost. "That makes you in second year?" she concluded since the blonde did say "last year."

Oh, oh, oh, it's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

It's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

mc2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:03 pm
User Image
User Image

((OOC: sorry for the late reply))

User Image

Ariana nodded, a bit sad at the thought that it really was going to be her last year at Hogwarts. The redhead was definitely going to miss that school. "Yeah, I'm in my seventh year," she said, letting out a small sigh. A giggle escaped her lips when Victor complimented her. "Thanks, I try. But sometimes, I really do wonder why I got chosen as one in the first place. I mean, there are other students who are much more qualified than I am," she admitted. Heather was one of them. She was brilliant when it came to getting good grades, and she was also the Quidditch captain as well as incredibly responsible. Since prefects were chosen during fifth year, Katrina was also someone that Ariana thought was better fit for the job. The girl was probably just as responsible as her, and she was also slightly better at getting good grades. It was peculiar that the redhead was chosen out of the three of them. I miss Kat, she thought, becoming a tad teary-eyed; however, she blinked them away. There was no way she was going to let herself be that sad again. Love just never seemed to work out for the prefect. A moment of silence passed as the students sat in their compartment. "The carriages are ace, though. There's nothing pulling them, so it's really amazing!" Since Ariana hadn't seen death, she wasn't aware that the carriages were actually pulled by Threstrals. Ariana flashed a reassuring smile toward the pink haired boy. "A lot of people think of Hogwarts as their second home. I'm one of them, and I'm sure almost every other student does, too." It was kind of hard not to considering they spend seven years of their lives there instead of at home with their families.

User Image

Squeeky Luff

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:13 pm
User Image
Gypsy is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Sleepy on the Trainspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Minnspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Tiredspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Gah, she looks about as sleepy as I do...' spacespac

ஒ ஒ ஒ Who shot that arrow in your throat?
ஒ ஒ ஒ Who missed the crimson apple? ஒ ஒ ஒ
It hung heavy on the tree above your head ஒ ஒ ஒ
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

Gypsy watched from a distance as Minn and the older boy, presumably her older brother Dhyl, separated, and then followed after the Gryffindor. She popped her head in the compartment, offering a tired smile. "Hey there! Care to try keeping me awake? Or sharing a compartment to nap in, either one works for me." Without waiting for an answer, she stepped in and plopped down, her Pygmy Puff Amy on her shoulder. The small creature hopped down and approached Minn, sniffing the girl gently, before curling up on the seat next to her with a satisfied squeak. Gypsy rolled her eyes a bit, chuckling at Amy, and leaned her head back, her eyes closing. She was so tired! The Ravenclaw curled her legs up on the chair next to her, smiling faintly. Good thing she could sleep on vehicles, unlike her brother. It made him feel sick, but she'd always felt as though the movements were rocking her to sleep. If Minn didn't care to chat, she'd have no trouble falling asleep.

ஒ ஒ ஒ This chaos, this calamity, this garden once was perfect
                                                          Give your immortality to me; I'll set you up against the stars
                                                          ஒ ஒ ஒ

User Image

(( OOC: ))

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:37 pm
User Image
User Image

GryffindorThird YearSingleKeeperWearing

Minn looked up, wide eyed, when someone joined her in the compartment. Going on a guess, it was Gypsy. "Hiya, Gypsy! I can try keeping you awake, but be warned, I just woke up. How was your summer? Any fun stuff happen?" Her voice held hints of curiosity, green eyes echoing the emotion. She used her hand, still covered by the sleeve, which had now flopped over, to push her messy hair lout of her face. It was one of the very few days her brother hadn't fussed over her hair, simply because he was still tired and a bit grumpy. He'd barely been bothered to put clothes other than his pajamas on. Her uncle had had to tempt him with coffee to get him down to breakfast. She was pretty sure he hadn't even showered that morning... which was weird. She blinked a few times, returning attention to Gypsy, rather than her own thoughts. Minn noticed something cuddled up to her, then saw a pygmy puff there. "Oh! Hi there, little one! What's your name?! Oh! Again! I have to let Missie loose!" She undid the clasp on the small cage, opening the door, to no avail. The cat gave a loud purr, then fell back asleep.

{OoC:}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:25 pm
User Image
Gypsy is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Sleepy on the Trainspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Minnspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Tiredspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Gah, she looks about as sleepy as I do...' spacespac

ஒ ஒ ஒ Who shot that arrow in your throat?
ஒ ஒ ஒ Who missed the crimson apple? ஒ ஒ ஒ
It hung heavy on the tree above your head ஒ ஒ ஒ

Gypsy was caught a bit off guard by how peppy Minn seemed compared to how sleepy she looked. She blinked a bit in the face of it, staring at the Gryffindor with an odd expression. A small smile spread on her face, and she shook her head, amused. "Eh, whatever. If we both fall asleep, it just means we won't at the feast, right?" On the subject of her Summer, she shrugged. There wasn't much she could say. It'd been pretty uneventful. Other than her usual daily pranks and mischief being pulled on her brother and parents, and running into Jer at the park, she hadn't done much of anything... except gone to a super secret meeting to be inducted into some weird super secret society type deal... which she still wasn't entirely sure how she felt about. She was all for doing what was right in regards to protecting people and all that, but... well, she got the feeling she was expected to be some kind of white knight, and she most certainly was not up for that. Gypsy wasn't a rules kind of girl, after all. Nor was she the sort to keep secrets from her friends, but apparently she was expected to... she doubted that would last long. Eventually, something would come up and she wasn't going to lie about where she was going and what she was doing. Wasn't happening, no way, no how.

She sighed a bit.
                                                          "Pretty boring. Ran into a friend at the park, hung out at home, did some painting. Pretty average Summer for me, really." She shrugged again, smiling lightly. "What about you? Do anything interesting? Get up to any trouble that I should've been invited to?" Gypsy chuckled as soon as the words left her mouth. No way innocent little Minn did anything troublesome over the Summer. She was way too sweet to've done anything.

The Ravenclaw watched Amethyst cuddle up with her friend, and smiled, reaching out to scratch the creature's back lightly.
                                                          "That's Amethyst. I call her Amy for short, though." She giggled as Minn suddenly realized she hadn't let her cat out, and it became a full on laugh when the cat simply stayed put. Seemed like she was perfectly content where she was, then. Typical cat.

ஒ ஒ ஒ This chaos, this calamity, this garden once was perfect
                                                          Give your immortality to me; I'll set you up against the stars
                                                          ஒ ஒ ஒ

User Image

(( OOC: ))

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:27 pm
User Image
You see, you'd love to run home, but you know you ain't got one
Cuz you're livin' in a world that you're best forgotten
When you're thinkin' you're a joke and nobody's gonna listen
To the one small point I know they've been missing around here

User Image

Rick pushed through the crowd, trying to find a seat on the train. If anything, he was certain that he would be basically in the same boat as last year, with no one to sit with, at least until he passed a cabin with a familiar blonde. He blinked for a moment, and then chose to take a seat with Penny. If anything, the two could spend the time on the train talking. He found heat rising to his face at the thought though, and wondered at whether he was just embarrassed to be asking for a seat. "Hey Penny, this compartment open for anyone to sit in? The rest seem to be filling up quickly." It wasn't a lie. Everyone was getting on the train, and more and more students were filling each of the compartments rather quickly. He slung one casehe had with him over his shoulder, hoping he didn't smack anyone with it as they passed. That would be a disaster. First day going back to school, and he would already have an incident on his hands. He just hoped he didn't have to stand there long.

----------------------------------
Thinking: Well, Found someone after all.
OOC: ...
----------------------------------

Jinx

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:45 pm
User Image

User Image
"The violin plays a soft melody,
as my mind starts to feel ease.
Let the music wash over my soul,
make my mind pure and whole.
Let me be renewed."

Victor could see why the last year was the saddest, you spent seven years at a school, meet lots of friends.
Make tons of memories and then one day it's your last year and you have to leave it all behind for adulthood.

"I'm sure there are reasons why you were chosen." Victor began, "I mean, maybe they thought you had the most potential to grow as a prefect?" He then idly mused, "Or thought you were the most responsible?"

At the moment of silence Victor stared out the window some, seeing kids getting on, waving bye to their parents...it was really quite a warm sight.
The thought made Victor sort of sad though, his parents thought he was just odd now.
....Did Victor disappoint them somehow? Maybe...because he was here, in a far off country than where they were.
Maybe it was that they thought his lessons failed?

Shaking the sad thoughts away Victor raised a brow at the mention of the carriages, "Pulled by nothing?" He smiled some, "One years here and I'm still amazed at everything."

Victor was comforted with the fact that he wasn't the only one who thought of Hogwarts as a second home.

I feel reflective, you know?
My inner thoughts are, "Maybe I should have gone to Beauxbatons instead?"
I'm in the house of Hufflepuff.
I am a proud second year
My puppeteer says "Not a problem Kiska~" Out of character.

kiska166

King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 93 94 95 96 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games